PDA

View Full Version : The World of Karn - OOC and Character Recruiting

Jason Sanborn
07-21-2004, 08:45 PM
The Journey to Karn will be the next stop for Kalor after the War is over. Karn is in the Negation Universe, and he will go there on the Rising Sun after the War. The first part of the SL would be finding a way to the Negation Universe.

Karn is a modern fantasy world. It is made up of humans, elves, dwarves, etc. Magic exists along side 20th Century Technology. Kalor is the decendant of the original Kalor Sakyr, the Hero of Karn.

Kalor's main reason for wanting to go to Karn is to find out what had happened to his world, which he believed to have been destroyed. In actuality, it is a Negation occupied world. There are pocket resistance groups, as well as standing Negation armies.

So, the first, and most obvious question, is who of Kalor's companions (Danae, Pixie, Aliexster, Malak) will be joining in this quest? Second, there are needs for characters on Karn. A Negation commander that controls the world, resistance fighters/leaders, etc.

I know BB will be involved with at least one character, Kalor's ex-fiancee, Shana. Mil had expressed an interest as well. Please sign up here. :)

Adam Hiedraa
07-21-2004, 09:26 PM
I guess the hologram will be around. I still need to come up with a name and a perminent shape for it.

I'd like to volenteer for more but I'm pretty much at my limit for characters. And I happen to be RPing half of the Negation universe already. ;)

danaepixie
07-31-2004, 02:57 PM
Pixie will definitly be coming along. :)

I am not sure about Danae, I think I might send her to Eden.

Jason Sanborn
08-06-2004, 04:06 PM
The Karn SL is starting. I am still looking for additional people who want to assist. Any volunteers? ;)

08-06-2004, 07:08 PM
Shana waits with a skillet to bop Kalor on the head for abandoning her.

Jason Sanborn
08-06-2004, 09:18 PM
It wasn't his fault. :whaat:

Jason Sanborn
08-11-2004, 11:04 AM
I'm looking for someone who might want to control the Negation forces on Karn. I would rather not do that myself. I already have two characters to control there. ;)

Karn is Negation Occupied, and probably has a Negation Castillon (sp?) overseeing the world. I doubt there will be any Lawbringers, and I know there won't be any Ligis Bearers. But there will be Negation soldiers. :whaat:

Jason Sanborn
09-07-2004, 09:51 PM
Thought I would give this one more try, considering we are about to go to Karn. Anyone interested in joining in the SL, feel free to post here. If no one replies, I will take it that no one is interested, which is fine. Just thought I'd open it up again, though. ;)

09-08-2004, 07:23 AM
It wasn't his fault. :whaat:

Yes it was. Its always his fault

Quaxo9
09-08-2004, 07:30 AM
Why is it never Jason's fault? :?

And of course I'd be willing to shoot myself in the foot with yet another collection of characters. If no one else volunteers, I'll play the Negation for you - if they do, I'll be Shana's new boyfriend. ;) :lol:

Millennium
09-08-2004, 07:31 AM
I'm still interested, especially since this will be another avenue to use military tactics. *Problem is, with Mil getting ready to head to Elysia, Eden up and running and the other characters I've got in play, my part will be limited. *If you've got no problem with that, then sign me up for the Negation forces. 8)

Lairston
09-08-2004, 07:36 AM
Why is it never Jason's fault? :?

And of course I'd be willing to shoot myself in the foot with yet another collection of characters. If no one else volunteers, I'll play the Negation for you - if they do, I'll be Shana's new boyfriend. ;) :lol:

Yeah... Jason's fault.

Shana has a boyfriend :mrgreen:

This is going to be fun

Quaxo9
09-08-2004, 07:43 AM
I was kinda kidding on the boyfriend thing, but now you got me thinking.. :ermm: :twisted:

An alternative perchance - Mil if it would be easier for you to play the commanders and tactitions, I could play the underlings. I don't know if that would work, but I can post to follow orders ;) Just an option.

Lairston
09-08-2004, 07:49 AM
I was kinda kidding on the boyfriend thing, but now you got me thinking.. :ermm: :twisted:

hehehe :twisted:

But whatever you decide :mrgreen:

Millennium
09-08-2004, 08:17 AM
An alternative perchance - Mil if it would be easier for you to play the commanders and tactitions, I could play the underlings. I don't know if that would work, but I can post to follow orders ;) Just an option.

:) I can work with that.

Jason Sanborn
09-08-2004, 08:58 AM
Okay, a few things to comment on:

1) The "limited" entry. How about we make this a slow RP? It should make it easier for everyone involved, myself included.

2) The Shana with a boyfriend thing. It would make sense, but I can still see quite the conflict for both Kalor and Shana (after all, they were engaged). Sort of reminiscent of Cast Away. :whaat:

3) Mil, there is plenty of Negation inhabiting the world. How high up the "food-chain" will your character be?

4) I do have an elven ex-senator, Cylene Archer, that will be part of the SL. She was a senator before the Negation invaded Karn. She is one of those senators that would destroy every defense a nation has in favor of peace. She was personally responsible for delaying the development of the weapon that was designed to protect them from the Negation, because she didn't believe the Negation existed. What part she will play in the scheme of things I don't know yet.

Millennium
09-08-2004, 09:07 AM
Slow RP works for me if everyone else is cool with it.

And I would like my character to be a "Starscream" to an unknown or unplayed "Megatron". *High enough to command troops but still enviable of the one position that has escaped his grasp for so long that treachery could possibly play a role.

Jason Sanborn
09-08-2004, 09:12 AM
Mil, there are two options in that case.

There is a Castillon that is ruling all of Karn. You could play the General beneath the Castillon. Or, if ruling a world isn't your taste, then you could be just below the General. :whaat:

AMP
09-08-2004, 09:20 AM
The General would work in that case then. *Now I gotta create another clone with a cool name. 8)

danaepixie
09-08-2004, 10:04 AM
Slow rp works for me too. *;)

And if there are any other minor characters that need a player, I'm in! *:mrgreen:

Lairston
09-08-2004, 01:39 PM
2) The Shana with a boyfriend thing. It would make sense, but I can still see quite the conflict for both Kalor and Shana (after all, they were engaged). Sort of reminiscent of Cast Away. :whaat:

Well since she thinks Kalor is dead... she would move on with her life after mourning. When he returns and he's not dead, she's going to think he abandoned her so there will definately be conflice. Absolutely theres going to be conflice.

Translation: Kalor's going to be lucky to be alive to leave Karn

Jason Sanborn
09-08-2004, 01:55 PM
Fact is, Kalor thought he was dead until recently. Kalor had no idea there were two different universes, until the Negation attacked the Bright Universe. Kalor also thought his whole world was destroyed, so even if he didn't think he was dead, he thought everyone else was dead. :whaat:

Lairston
09-08-2004, 02:00 PM
What he thought is rather irrelevant to the wrath of Shana at the moment. She sees her long dead fiance....

I would recommend armour or something that she can't cut his heart out of. But that's me. ;)

Jason Sanborn
09-08-2004, 02:02 PM
Actually, I'm more worried about Pixie's reaction when this all comes out in the SL. :ermm:

Lairston
09-08-2004, 02:11 PM
Oh really *:evil:

Jason Sanborn
09-08-2004, 02:20 PM
Uh, yeah. :ermm:

First -> Mortal
Mortal -> First

I think the worry would go to the First who will feel scorned. :ermm:

Jason Sanborn
09-08-2004, 02:21 PM
Besides, she's one of the daughters of Millennium and Honor's Angel. For that reason alone Kalor should be terrified.

danaepixie
09-08-2004, 03:39 PM
Hahahahahahahaha.

:twisted:

Actually, Pixie isn't that bad. *She will be upset and angry, but you should be glad you don't have Danae on your hands....

Bad enough to anger a First- but a destructive First? *And a destructive First from a long line of destructive Firsts? *A female destructive First from a long line of destructive Firsts?

:twisted: :twisted: *:twisted:

Be happy you've got Pixie.

Millennium
09-09-2004, 05:51 AM
Besides, she's one of the daughters of Millennium and Honor's Angel. For that reason alone Kalor should be terrified.

Ya got that right. :twisted:

Millennium
09-09-2004, 05:55 AM
Hahahahahahahaha.

Actually, Pixie isn't that bad. She will be upset and angry, but you should be glad you don't have Danae on your hands....

Bad enough to anger a First- but a destructive First? And a destructive First from a long line of destructive Firsts? A female destructive First from a long line of destructive Firsts?

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

When laid out like this, I pity Danae's suitor tremendously.http://eteamz.com/sites/kulit/images/ermm.gif

Daveosaurus
09-09-2004, 12:56 PM
must... resist... temptation... to... think... up... character... no... time... for... the... characters... I... already... have... aaaaaarrrrrrggggghhhh!!!

Pixie
09-09-2004, 02:09 PM
Hahahahahahahaha.

Actually, Pixie isn't that bad. She will be upset and angry, but you should be glad you don't have Danae on your hands....

Bad enough to anger a First- but a destructive First? And a destructive First from a long line of destructive Firsts? A female destructive First from a long line of destructive Firsts?

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

When laid out like this, I pity Danae's suitor tremendously.http://eteamz.com/sites/kulit/images/ermm.gif

Only pity them if they do dumb things. *Like spurn a destructive First. *:twisted:

General Manix
09-15-2004, 09:19 AM
Yep, took me a minute but I've got General Manix in for this.

Jason Sanborn
09-15-2004, 09:23 AM
Love the avatar you chose for the General, Mil. Seems appropriate. ;)

Gadget
09-15-2004, 09:26 AM
Thanks Jas. 8)

BigGator5
09-16-2004, 04:14 AM
Do you think it's time to throw a curve ball for our hero's right now?

Jason Sanborn
09-16-2004, 08:21 AM
There's going to be plenty of curve balls once we get to Karn. ;)

This is going to be a slow SL. The next eight hours in the SL will be Pixie learning to use her powers inside the Negation Universe. Kalor will already know how. The eight hours will pass in a couple of posts, then we'll arrive at Karn. 8)

Dragon's Fang
09-16-2004, 11:32 AM
This is going to be a slow SL.

http://eteamz.com/sites/kulit/images/surprised.gif

Good grief...

Jason Sanborn
09-16-2004, 11:56 AM
Sorry, BG, but it is easier on everyone keeping it relatively slow. ;)

Jason Sanborn
09-20-2004, 02:31 PM
The Rising Sun is now behind Karn's moon. It is possible that Negation sensors picked up the Rising Sun as it entered the star system. When we go to the planet, we'll be going to an area just outside the city of Kyron, once the capital city of the nation of Sarshon. Kalor's old base was not far from Kyron.

Just a reminder: Karn is a fantasy world (elves, mages, dwarves, dragons, etc) set in a modern world (slightly sci-fi as a result of the Negation occupation).

Jason Sanborn
09-21-2004, 08:10 AM
Here's some info about Karn that I think will be useful for the SL:

Basically the concept for Karn is a fantasy world that has advanced technologically to the technological equivalent of the 20th/21st Century. As a result of the Negation occupation, there is more sci-fi related things now, introduced by the Negation.

A quick bit of "known" history.

A couple thousand years ago (exact date unknown), the "original" Kalor Sakyr became the "Hero of Karn." Won't go into detail, but he basically saved the world. For many generations, the Sakyr family ruled South Sarshon from Sakyr Tower in Kyron. A couple hundred years ago Sarshon became a democratic republic because not every Sakyr was benevolent. Sakyr Tower remained the center of politics, but was no longer tied to the Sakyr family.

Before the Negation Invasion, Karn's tech level was equivalent to today, with minor advancements in laser technology. The world was in a relative state of peace. Kalor led a top-secret project to create a weapon designed to destroy lawbringers because of a rumored threat of the Negation forces advancing. General public was unaware of this news until the invasion actually happened. The weapon had been delayed by political red-tape and the world was caught practically unprepared. The weapon was destroyed in the attack, and Kalor was presumed dead.

Most of the SL will take place in and around the city of Kyron. The military base where the weapon had been created had long since been destroyed.

I hope this information is enough, if not, please let me know. 8)

Jason Sanborn
09-22-2004, 09:43 AM
Attention residents of Karn:

Shana, Bert, General Manix:

Feel free to make an intro post to establish your characters on Karn. It has been four years since the Negation invaded and occupied Karn. Cylene Archer was a former Senator that was not around when the old government officials were slaughtered.

The Castillon who rules Karn will be named Grillek. I'll post for him later. ;)