PDA

View Full Version : Shuya's Wyldearth

Pages : [1] 2

Shuya
07-26-2004, 12:13 PM
Places of interest: To the North, there is an ancient, uninhabited Metropolis where several Shadows live. They are dangerous and will trap and drain unwary strangers of their life fluids like a vampire.

To the South, there is a large, deep jungle where many forms of rare wildlife live, and the remaining Magi clans.

The moons of Wyldearth are inhabited by a small population of well defended humans, most of them warriors.

Since Shuya's return, the planet has blossomed. There are now villages, farms, and small cities running full of Magi running from east to west. Since his return, the following environment has re-appeared:

Mereish Plains: They run through most of Wyldearth, and are dotted with various rivers, lakes, and forests. They are fertile by nature, and so the Magi farm, and live on them.

The Peaks: Just south of the Northern Metropolis, there are several mountain ranges, dotted in a semi-circular pattern, making a natural border. In the middle of the range, there are three massive mountains. They are known as "Triad."

Dravern Marshes: These marshes lie to the utter east. They are a mysterious territory that no-one except Shuya knows much about....

Inhabitants: This planet is the domain of Shuya, the Mage God, who rules this world.

Ayrn also walks here, rescued from her destroyed planet by the spirit of Shuya.

A wounded Rescue has arrived, and has offered Ayrn his help.

Plus, a small group of people have just arrived, fresh from the battle for Elysia. They are Fraxlyr Mon (ligis-bearer, now allied with the First), Imlay (the ghost of Frax's lover), Adrian Straylight (a very well armed mortal) and the mighty Tamer (last of the ancient Negation race of Absorbers.)

Also, Mist and Shade, two Shadows who were originally from this planet, have returned in search of a weapon called The Scry to aid them in their search for Kulit.

There are also two ancient sentient forces that watch over the planet.

They are known as The Steel Tree and the Crimson River.

The Magi: Wyldearth used to be inhabited by clans of Mages, but after several wars, they have all withdrawn and are living in the Jungle to the south. The main Clans are the Thunder Mages and the Ice Mages, however some members of the older Clans still survive...

Environmental Facts:

On Wyldearth, the realms of reality are at its most fragile. In fact, with the right amount of manipulation of the landscape, it is possible to see, and sometimes even reach into alternative realities.

For example, on a clear night when the moons are all full, it is possible to see into a reality where Charon and Appolyon never ascended to god-hood, never ended up in the Negation universe, and never started a war.

Shuya
07-26-2004, 12:22 PM
Continued from here. (http://www.crossgen.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=4552&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=)

The mysterious Spirit appeared in a flurry of light, the exhausted young Angel/First held by his powers. Gently, he lay her down to rest on the sandy plains.

Around them, there were numerous small lakes and rivers that ran through the arrid landscape. Far to the south, there was a large jungle, barely visible to the human eye, and next to them were two strange objects.

One was a tree that seemed to glow a dull metal colour.

One was a small river, Crimson in colour.

The Spirit smiled down at Ayrn, calming her with his gaze once more.

"You will be safe here. We have arrived.

This is my home."

Ayrn
07-26-2004, 01:09 PM
::She stared around in amazment at the stange new world she found herself in. Looking up at her deliver with wonder she pulled herself to her feet.::
I...thank you
::She found herself at a loss for words and lowered her eyes. At her feet was a blood red stream. The sight made her remember the blood on her hands and her body crumpled once more.::

Shuya
07-27-2004, 04:06 AM
The Spirit saw her go down once more. His ancient eyes full of concern, he knelt down beside her and reached out to stroke her hair and comfort her.

His ghostly hand, shimmering in the light of the Wyldearth Sun, passed right through her.

He stood, restraining the desire to curse his continued existence after death.

It was not the first time that he had had to do this.

Sighing, the Spirit spoke once more.

"Time does not have much relevance on this Planet. You may rest here for as long as you like, until you are healed.

My only regret is that I cannot do the same for all who suffer as you do."

Then, in a whisper, the Spirit addressed the Planet itself.

"Everlasting River of Crimson
Ever-present Tree of Steel,
Show her what she needs to see,
Bless her with the time to Heal..."

Shuya's Soldiers
07-27-2004, 04:23 AM
And The Crimson River spoke.

"Ayrn.

You gaze upon me, and feel sad, reminded of all that you have lost. Reminded of your misery, and your suffering."

Reflections on the water meet Ayrn's eyes. They are fleeting pictures of her past. Everything from her birth to her encounter with the Spirit.

A vision of a little girl, no older than 13, looks out from the surface of the water at Ayrn, and speaks with the voice of The Crimson River.

"How do I know your name?" In the river, the little girl girl smiled. "I know all. My brother and myself are the two powers that have survived on this planet since its birth at the edge of the universe.

I tell you this:

All Eagles come at last to Eyrie.

Each Angel earns its wings in heaven.

That which you seek, can be found.

Know this, and let this planet show you what you need to see....

The little girl winks at Ayrn, and dissapears from view.

Ayrn
07-27-2004, 06:33 PM
::She gasped as his hand passed through her. Sending a strange but not unpleasant chill through her body. It woke her from her misery and she stared up at him with eyes of wonder. Seeing his distress she held her hand next to his face, giving it a soft comforting caress without truly touching him.::
"You are doing a wonderful thing , giving hope to others like you are."
::She gave him a soft sad smile and was about to speak again when an eery voice spoke to her. When she realised where in was coming from she dropped to her knees on the bank of the river. In its glisining reflection she saw her life flash before her.Her mouth fell open in wonder and she slowly turned her face towrd the man beside her. She tried to speak but no words came out. A single tear trickled down her face::
"Thank you for this. I don't want to forget one moment with her."

Shuya
07-27-2004, 07:41 PM
The Spirit reacted warmly to Ayrn's touch, glad that she was showing signs of recovery already.

He was glad to have the company of a living being once more. It had been so long since he had spoken to one face to face. The Spirit, over time, had become frustrated with the suffering of universe and his inability to help.

And although he ruled over a planet capable of such great beauty, the Spirit of the First had become truly lonely.

"Hope....." he nodded.

"If only you knew......

All First are the God of something. They all have some great gift to give to the universe, should they so desire to.

When I was alive, I was known as the God of Everlasting Hope. This behaviour is very much in my nature my dear. You do not need to thank me, although I appreciate your gesture.

I always consider myself fortunate for this, for it has given me the strength to come to terms with my afterlife.

I have seen many First re-incarnated. The reason why I do not leave for the peaceful lands that lie beyond death, is that someday, I hope to live again........"

The Spirit realised he had been rambling, and stood once more. This time, he held a greater purpose in his eyes. He spoke again.

"This land may show you many things, and with my help, you can see that which will bring you most comfort.

It can not only show you the universe we live in, but all the other universes that somehow could have been possible, but never were."

the Spirit listens for a moment, straining to hear some far off noise or cry.

"Ah" he continued. "Far away, on a planet called Elysia, a great battle has come to an end. The Negation have been defeated by the forces of the First.

But what if they had lost? What if the First had been defeated at the very beginning? What would that universe look like?"

To answer his own question, the Spirit waved his hands, and the world around him changed.....

A vision of Elysia. Charon sits on a throne in a castle where House Sinister used to stand. And where Dexter once stood is a large gravestone, with the words Here Lies Appolyon carved in stone.

The Spirit returned the planet to normal, and spoke again.

"You may choose to see anything you like. There are many universes to choose from.

There is even one where George Cloney, the God of Out of Continuity Stuff, gave up alcohol and donated his entire fortune to charity.

However, be warned. Hanging on to worlds that are past, or have never been, is dangerous. Many have wasted away staring at the dreams that they never got in this universe....

I await your choice......"

Ayrn
07-29-2004, 11:51 AM
::She gasped again but this time not of shock but of dread. Dread to see the man on the throne. It was not the alternate reality that frightened her but the face she saw in it.::
"That him" she trembled "that's the man that brought his forces to my planet. That's the man who killed my mother and .. and the man who..." she was unable to finish as she once again relived her moment of greatest pain. Her eyes glazed over and her world became overpowered by his panting breath in her ear. She said no more but what had happened was clearly displayed across her face. For half god or no it was the same as any womans who had faced such.
"Show me what really happened. I want to see him die" The painful rage bubbled up inside her. Changing gentle beauty into a force of awesome, terrible power. Her body bursting with vengful energy she screamed with enough force to topple this world. " I want to see him ruined. I want to see him pay."

Shuya's Soldiers
07-29-2004, 12:42 PM
The Crimson River

"Calm, child. Calm. Your wrath is powerful indeed. Save it. Use against those who would fight alongside the evil one.

Hah! It is in bad taste, but my silent brother, The Steel Tree, laughs, and I shall tell you why.

Your wish is already granted......."

Shuya
07-29-2004, 12:52 PM
And as the River spoke, the Spirit twisted the world around them once more.

Only this time, he did not show an alternate reality. No galaxies full of unfullfilled possibilities.

Instead, he showed the true universe, and the events that came to pass.

Ayrn was shown everything.

BGTR and his Ligis-Bearers as they first encountered Lestat and other First that battled with them.

The Negation Ship 'Cataclysm' and Ligis-bearers Fraxlyr Mon and Felix, driven back by Minity, Foxy and Lord Mattson.

Nestle, and Emporer Mattson's valiant stand on Elysia.

Python's journey to Negation space, and meeting with Appolyon.

SG's search for the Crux Orb.

The last stand of the Ligis-bearers on Elysia.

The rumours of Charon's death.

"Many wanted the death of this Charon" the Spirit said. "And I always believed his death would benefit this reality greatly.

His best laid plans are in ragged ruin, foiled by the strength of Elysia and its soldiers.

It seems you have your wish."

Ayrn
07-30-2004, 10:13 AM
::Her breath was ragged as her eyes were opened to the truth. She had grown up peacfully, the only being besides her mother on her home world. It had been a blessing but know she realised how little she truly knew about what was going on in the universe.::
"Let me help. Let me conferm his death, even if it means giving my life to slay him myself."

Minity
07-30-2004, 05:46 PM
Suddenly, a ring of light seems to appear around the planet, but when one focus' closely, you will be able to make out the shape of millions of angel like beings circling the planet...

the General of the army moves close to the planet and telepathically calls to anyone near...

"we here this is the place to rest, drink, and sunbathe, we ask permition to take part in these acts while our mistress is else where..."

Shuya's Soldiers
07-31-2004, 01:03 PM
Suddenly, a ring of light seems to appear around the planet, but when one focus' closely, you will be able to make out the shape of millions of angel like beings circling the planet...

the General of the army moves close to the planet and telepathically calls to anyone near...

"we here this is the place to rest, drink, and sunbathe, we ask permition to take part in these acts while our mistress is else where..."

A large area on the planes, only about half a mile away from where The Crimson River and The Steel Tree remained with Ayrn and the Spirit, began to shimmer slightly.

Then an enourmous health spa and resort appeared, with a large sign saying Wyldearth Paradisio!!

A young, tanned and smart looking young man stepped out of the Spa's door and addressed the host of Angels

Spyran

"Hello, hello!!" :wave: Spyran, the resort's managed called to the Angels.

"Welcome to.......

THE SUMMER RESORT AT THE END OF THE UNIVERSE!!!!!

Our hospitality is famous throughout most of the multiverse, and as Wyldearth goes through each of its strange climatic stages, we appear in each universe in turn for however long we can possibly remain!

Established three years ago by the gorgeous Yaya Mexele Lei-lano Spyran (thats me! ;) ), this resort has become the most famous and most successful occasionally-visible tourist spot in the Multiverse!" :dance:

Spyran hurled countless brochures up at the Angels, all of which advertised the resorts massive bars, swimming pools, sunbeds and salons.

His grin was so wide that his face was threatening to eat itself, and Spyran stared up at his prospective customers, very much like a man who had been in the desert for quite some time and had just spotted a family sized bottle of Mountain Dew.

"So! Who's first!?!?! :excited:

Shuya
07-31-2004, 01:11 PM
The Spirit was momentarily distracted by Spyran's outburst, but soon turned back to Ayrn

"I apologise for the noise. Spyran runs a resort that somehow manages to use the Planet's power to straddle the vast majority of the known Multiverse.....

He sighed. The Spirit knew the desire to avenge loved ones only too well.....

What he was about to tell Ayrn would doubtless dissapoint her.

He gathered himself, and spoke again.

"I am afraid we have been unable to pinpoint any possible location of Charon, be he living or dead, in either this, or the Negation Universe.

There is little we can do. I know your wish to help is a powerful driving force within your mind, but perhaps it is better if you rest yourself. Take some time to recover the great loss you have sustai....."

The Spirit stopped mid-sentence....

Shuya's Soldiers
07-31-2004, 01:24 PM
For the first time since Ayrn's arrival, the deep, commanding voice of The Steel Tree rumbled and spoke.

The Steel Tree

"So child. You wish to act against Charon and his old forces."

The Crimson River

"Brother, she has only just arrived here! She has been through so much, let her rest, at least for a night...."

The Steel Tree

"And waste a single moment that a competant, willing, powerful and moreover alive being is in our presence? Need I remind you how important this is?"

The Crimson River

"........"

The Steel Tree addressed Ayrn once again.

The Steel Tree

"There may be no opportunity to touch Charon and his forces directly little one, but there is something you can do to both help us and hinder Charon's old forces.

There is something on this planet that Charon would have done anything to possess.

I believe that you have to power to seek it out and protect it from the Negation.

However, this is not a task to take up lightly. Much danger will lie ahead for you.

The question is: are you truly willing to face death to deprive the Negation of something that they deeply desire?"

Minity
07-31-2004, 07:13 PM

A large area on the planes, only about half a mile away from where The Crimson River and The Steel Tree remained with Ayrn and the Spirit, began to shimmer slightly.

Then an enourmous health spa and resort appeared, with a large sign saying Wyldearth Paradisio!!

A young, tanned and smart looking young man stepped out of the Spa's door and addressed the host of Angels

Spyran

"Hello, hello!!" :wave: Spyran, the resort's managed called to the Angels.

"Welcome to.......

THE SUMMER RESORT AT THE END OF THE UNIVERSE!!!!!

Our hospitality is famous throughout most of the multiverse, and as Wyldearth goes through each of its strange climatic stages, we appear in each universe in turn for however long we can possibly remain!

Established three years ago by the gorgeous Yaya Mexele Lei-lano Spyran (thats me! ;) ), this resort has become the most famous and most successful occasionally-visible tourist spot in the Multiverse!" :dance:

Spyran hurled countless brochures up at the Angels, all of which advertised the resorts massive bars, swimming pools, sunbeds and salons.

His grin was so wide that his face was threatening to eat itself, and Spyran stared up at his prospective customers, very much like a man who had been in the desert for quite some time and had just spotted a family sized bottle of Mountain Dew.

"So! Who's first!?!?! :excited:

Tons of giggling can be heard as the angels stop circling the planet and begin to cluster infront of Syran...their battle worn army quickly changes to skipping bikinis and speedos, as the angels descend and quickly begin heading toward the various areas of the resort...the Bar becomes completely full, the resturaunts are packed and the beaches have no more open space...and any who venture to this area will suddenly feel warm and welcomed...because the angels emit a light glow when they are finally happy...the head general approaches Syran and points to an open area...she then snaps her fingers and 2 mountains of gold appear...

We are greatful for your hospitality!

Ayrn
07-31-2004, 08:33 PM
::Taking no notice fo the angels and their newly arrived spa Ayrn stared almost steely at the spirit. It was a gaze that would make any man falter even one such as he. She was surrounded by an aura of determination and one need only look into her eyes to reaffirm that she would do anything to hurt this man. The steel tree seemed to have picked up on that and she weighed what both he and his brother said in her mind. While the choice was clear to her she now had a life other than her own to worry about....::
"As I have said I would risk my life to extract my revenge but..."
:: She bit her lip hard enough to draw blood and drew a deep hesitant breath::
"But I'm pregnant. And while I would give anything to help you I cannot endanger this child no matter who its father is. So if there is someone else.. Do not ask this of me. But if I am the only one capable... Well then I will do it. If not for myself then for the others like me who have yet to be hurt."

Shuya's Soldiers
08-01-2004, 06:36 AM
The Steel Tree

"Ayrn. The only other living beings on this planet are the newly arrived angels, and Spyran.

I know too little about the angels to entrust them with this errand, and I know too much about Spyran to entrust him with it.

There is no-one else."

The Crimson River

"Brother, do you not think you are being overly insensitive? After all, you are familiar with our prophecy......one will approach soon that may help. We need not risk the young one's child."

The Steel Tree

"But we do not know how long it will take for them to arrive....

We must act now, and I believe that Ayrn is the one whom it will react best to.

And besides, we do not need to risk her child. We will need to revive the old power soon enough. I say why wait?"

The Crimson River

:shocked: "But that is meant for...."

The Steel Tree

"It is meant for whoever needs it most!" :mad2:

The Steel Tree addressed Ayrn once more. This time its speech was a lot more comforting.

"Your child need not be in danger, Ayrn.

There is a power that we used to bestow on our most loyal followers, and one of its strengths is that it allows the bearer to move to any part of this planet at his or her will, and if you choose to perform our errand, we will give it to you.

Now I shall explain what we would ask of you;

In the Southern Jungle, there is a great and powerful weapon. Not long ago, two Negation agents arrived there to search for it, but not long afterwards, another one arrived who somehow seemed....different to the others.

We have seen or heard nothing from any of the three. We believe they may have been captured or killed by the Two Rival Tribes that inhabit the jungle.

We would ask you to travel to the jungle and return with the weapon, so that we may watch over it as we once did many millenia ago."

Shuya
08-01-2004, 06:47 AM
The Spirit nodded at The Steel Tree's words.

"Pardon me. I did not want to ask this of you until you had a chance to rest, but it seems that The Steel Tree would have it a different way.

We do not know if the agents of Negation are still alive, but if they were to acquire the weapon, Charon (if he still lives) would be even stronger than ever."

The Spirit floated over to The Crimson River and looked back at Ayrn. He would not blame her if she chose not to go. After all, he did feel that it was unreasonable to ask so much of someone in these circumstances, but since The Tree had brought it up....

"You may remain here and rest in comfort if you wish. We can bring you a bed and a roof for your head, and you will want for nothing.

However, if you are resolved to strike a blow against the Negation, we will give you all the help that we can.

Rest here, or step forward and be baptized in The Crimson River.

The ancient strength of the Grey Sigil is yours, if you wish it....."

Shuya's Soldiers
08-01-2004, 07:05 AM
Meanwhile, in Wyldearth Paradisio:

Spyran

"Buh......" :hypnotized: :drool: Spyran stared at the massive piles of gold. With cash like this, he could quite easily afford early retirement, and his Scrooge Mcduckian fantasy of swimming in money was finally possible. 8)

These angels were quite clearly very well off. Spyran was beginning to wonder how much more cash he could get out of them.....

Time to find out.

Spyran quickly made a few phone calls. Suddenly, two strip joints appeared in very close proximity to the resort, one with male dancers, and the other with females.

"Anyone feel like a little 'dancing'? Hmm?" ;) :1:

Minity
08-01-2004, 07:53 AM
Quickly enough the strip bars soon become full...Minitys female general, Aphrodite, has even claimed one of the male strippers as her own...

however while in the bar, the angels throw tons of gold coins at the men and women...and eventually break down the wall the seperates the 2 bars so everyone can see all of the strippers...and quite quickly another mountain of gold fills the skyline...

Ayrn
08-01-2004, 09:03 AM
" If you can insure the protection of my child then I will do as you ask. I have no need for rest, avtivity is the best medication anyone can give to me now."
::Slowly she sliped her arms out of her plain flowing dress and pulled it over her head. The site of her naked form was enough to draw the attention of the already preocupied angels nearby. And so dertermind she entered the river. The blood colored water sought her body. It rose up to meet her, its water embrasing every inch of her being. When she she was almost compleatly submerged she stood still and turned her face to the spirit.::
"I am ready."

Shuya
08-02-2004, 02:29 AM
|As the deep red water washed over Ayrn's body, she was filled with a tremendous sense of harmony. A gentle light emenated from The Crimson River and The Steel Tree, enveloping itself around her like a golden blanket.

For a moment, Ayrn experienced the bizarre sensation of existing on every single plain of reality at once.

The Spirit stepped into the River. Holding his right hand to his face and his left next to his stomach, he shut his eyes and began to mutter a prayer in a bizarre, long-dead tongue.

If Ayrn were to look on her left shoulder in that particular instant, she would have seen a Sigil forming, coloured a dark grey.

However, instead her eyes were focused on the Spirit as he slowly melted away into the River.

He smiled at her, before dissapearing completely.

"It is done." His voice seemed to echo out to her from nowhere.

"You will see me again soon, but I warn you, I will not look the same as I did when we first met.

Until then, I will be with you, even if you cannot see or hear me.

Should you be in danger, simply wish to be in my company again, and you shall be brought back to this place where you shall be safe.

Until then, the Jungle is your destination.

You will know what you are searching for when you find it.

The River and the Tree told me so.

And they are never wrong......"

and the Spirit's voice faded away with the rest of him....

Shuya's Soldiers
08-02-2004, 02:44 AM
Spyran

http://forumcorp.com/jsanborn/images/avatars/gallery/Batman_Movies/bruce-wayne-clooney-01.jpg

The wreckage in the strip clubs could easily be repaired by the large amounts of hard currency that had been spent by the Angels.

It was going to be a good day.

However, the slick, tanned resort manager was growing curious. Finally, he decided to engage in a little "Customer Relations".

He approached Aphrodite, the female general, and attempted to strike up conversation.

"Hey gorgeous ;) glad to see you and you're friends are havin an expensi.......I mean, a good time! :1:

So where you all from anyway?

Plus, I heard mention of a "mistress" when you came here. Now, what kinda person would be the boss of all you beauties, hmm?"

Minity
08-02-2004, 07:25 AM
Aphrodite soon looks at Syran up and down and begins to smile...althoush she usually only has 2 things on her mind...and she isnt in battle right now :twisted: ...however she first, answers his questions...

We are simply every where, no one has ever defeated us as a whole, and with our Mistress to back us up...we are simply undefeatable...

Our Mistress is the most beautiful of all the gods, her name is Minity

Aphrodite then grabs Spyran's tie and pulls him closer...

now no more talk of politics...

when suddenly...the Head generals Tanaja and Damien appear...Damien grabs Aphrodite and puts her next to a male stripper while Tanaja steps in front of Spyran...

you ask too many questions, our gold should speak for itself...

Res
08-02-2004, 07:45 AM
His eyes slowly opened as some little ray warmed his face. He didn't know where he actually was but he knew why he wasn't anymore in the right place. Charon was too much powerful to him and he lost all he has facing the mad man, maybe even his immortality as he thought he was dead. But the pain remained and that wasn't like being dead or was it another torment offered to him. He stroked his long white hair and gave a look around him and sought for a presence. Nothing yet so he decided to fly but to only fall again on the floor. He was no more an angel without his wings.

Ayrn
08-02-2004, 10:11 AM
::She cought her breath in amazment. In a matter of moments her power had expanded in ways she never dreamed possible. She scrambled out the river her body driping with its blood like substance. Holding her dress to herself ,her modisty returned, she atempted to dry off. She tosed her head in atempt to free remaining water droplests and as her head pased over her shoulder she say a strange gray mark on her skin. It looked out of place on the tawny gold. Yet somehow it was a part of her and she knew that is was responsable for the change that had come over her. She slid her still wet body into her dress and stared distasfully down opon i,t as her silouet and more where revealed. Without knowing it she slid her hand to the sigil and let it rest there. It felt just like skin and yet it was warmer... very warm in fact. she stared down at herself and watched in wonder as red steam drifted from her. Content withher dry self she prepared to tap into its power again when she spoted a human shape a few yards ahead of her. When she pulled the grass away it reveal a beautiful white haired man sprawled on the ground. His body was covered in a fine sheen of swet and his face was tightened in extream pain. Quest or no she knew she must do somthing for him. She nelt down beside him and wispered a few notes. Her hand moistened and she drew it across his forhead. With her other hand she checked his pulse. It was there but frighteningly week. His missery was aparent and seeing it brought tears to her eyes. He bore the same look as her mother had before she died. As she had done with her she drew his much larger body to her, resting his heavy head against her chest. She turned his face to the sky and called for rain and then for healing. His body glowed with a faint light and while his eyes remained closed they flikered. It was a movement she would never have seen if she wasn't watching so closly and hoping so much for it.::

Shuya's Soldiers
08-02-2004, 04:30 PM
Spyran

http://forumcorp.com/jsanborn/images/avatars/gallery/Batman_Movies/bruce-wayne-clooney-01.jpg

Spyran straightened his bowtie and smiled at the two Angels that had restrained Aphrodite.

"My apologies sirs, I didn't mean to cause any insult.

Your gold is indeed more than enough (in fact, thanks to your custom I've made twice what I usually do in the holiday season and climbed three places on "The Universal Rich List" in one short day :thumbup: :excited:).

However, I have often found that a hands on, sociable approach to quality customers such as yourself makes a visit to Paradisio even more satisfying. ;)"

Spyran pulled out two short piles of gambling chips and handed one to both Tanaja and Damien.

"These are some small tokens of my esteem, redeemable at the poker and other gambling tables."

The angels seemed satisfied with this. Spyran flashed his winning smile and began walking with them to the tables.

"I must say, (if you don't mind me doing so) your boss is quite a lady. Do you know there is almost an infinite number of possible realities in the Multiverse?

Well, I've had this resort built so it'll exist in most of them, which means I get to travel a lot, and as it happens, I've met a few versions of your mistress.

The fascinating thing is, Possible Realities usually come in hundreds and thousands, all wildly different from one another. HOWEVER, in all of the ones I've seen, there are only two in which she ended up fighting on the side of the Negation.

Of course, you've got to bear in mind that in one of those universes her brain was accidentally replaced with a roast chicken, and in the other, they had a small Rabbit ruling Elysia for several centuries. Amazing what could happen, eh?" :whaat:

Spyran snapped his fingers, and two highly attractive young waitress's brought drinks over to the three of them as Spyran continued his animated banter.

"Strangest thing is, in every universe where they both exist, Minity has always ended up being married to this "Mattson" guy. In fact, in the last one we appeared in they had their wedding Reception here. Pretty good party by our standards, to." 8)

Shuya's Soldiers
08-02-2004, 04:44 PM
The Crimson River and The Steel Tree.

Ayrn's reaction to the surprise arrival of the injured Res was carefully watched by both the Tree and the River.

"It seems the second arrival has come. The prophecy may be fulfilled, even without the involvement of Them"

"Mmmm. He may well be of use to us also...."

"[sigh] You always think of yourself...."

"And you always think of others. It is a waste of your time."

"That's what you think."

A brief pause, as the two watched Res's eyes flicker for a moment.

"You realise that if he is the one to make the sacrifice, it could change everything....."

"Of course I realise."

".........."

"You really think another will come?"

Within the River, a little girl appeared. She turned in the direction of The Steel Tree with an expression of wisdom and sincerity that looked strange on one so young....

"No.

Not think.

Hope.

I hope another will come......"

Minity
08-02-2004, 07:36 PM
Spyran

Spyran straightened his bowtie and smiled at the two Angels that had restrained Aphrodite.

"My apologies sirs, I didn't mean to cause any insult.

Your gold is indeed more than enough (in fact, thanks to your custom I've made twice what I usually do in the holiday season and climbed three places on "The Universal Rich List" in one short day :thumbup: :excited:).

However, I have often found that a hands on, sociable approach to quality customers such as yourself makes a visit to Paradisio even more satisfying. ;)"

Spyran pulled out two short piles of gambling chips and handed one to both Tanaja and Damien.

"These are some small tokens of my esteem, redeemable at the poker and other gambling tables."

The angels seemed satisfied with this. Spyran flashed his winning smile and began walking with them to the tables.

"I must say, (if you don't mind me doing so) your boss is quite a lady. Do you know there is almost an infinite number of possible realities in the Multiverse?

Well, I've had this resort built so it'll exist in most of them, which means I get to travel a lot, and as it happens, I've met a few versions of your mistress.

The fascinating thing is, Possible Realities usually come in hundreds and thousands, all wildly different from one another. HOWEVER, in all of the ones I've seen, there are only two in which she ended up fighting on the side of the Negation.

Of course, you've got to bear in mind that in one of those universes her brain was accidentally replaced with a roast chicken, and in the other, they had a small Rabbit ruling Elysia for several centuries. Amazing what could happen, eh?" :whaat:

Spyran snapped his fingers, and two highly attractive young waitress's brought drinks over to the three of them as Spyran continued his animated banter.

"Strangest thing is, in every universe where they both exist, Minity has always ended up being married to this "Mattson" guy. In fact, in the last one we appeared in they had their wedding Reception here. Pretty good party by our standards, to." 8)

Damien smiles and walks away, and Tanaja smiles at him and places a game of black jack while listening...

well...I do not believe that Minity served the Negation...maybe...

she then smiles...

Minity is quite fond of Mattson...it seems most reasonable...I would like to know...does Minity keep her army in every reality...

Tanaja then looks back at the drunken acts of her army, and smiles as they throw each other in the air...

Shuya's Soldiers
08-03-2004, 04:39 AM
Spyran

"Well, judging by Minity's reputation I wouldn't have thought she could ever serve the Negation either, but thats how these alternate universes work.

I think its something to do with the idea that somewhere, every possible choice is eventually chosen, and every possible path is eventually walked, because if these choices aren't available, no-one could ever choose not to choose them if you see what I mean.... :eh: :scratch:

It gets quite complicated after that i'm afraid. I had to have a masters degree in physics, maths and philosophy just to get a permit to build this place! :dunno:

Still. Guess it worked out for the best, didn't it ;)"

Tanaja played like a pro, shocking Spyran with her luck. Spyran wasn't worried though. Anything the house lost to any of these gamblers would happily be made back due to the wild rate of expenditure in the clubs.

Spyran sipped the bourbon that the waitress had brought him, and answered Tanaja's question with a little laugh.

"Well, I don't know about every reality. After all, there are literally billions of them out there, and I haven't had the chance to visit them all yet.... :grin:

But any universe which i've heard about Minity in usually mentions angels somewhere along the lines, so I guess that the answer would be yes. Mostly.

There are, of course, a few realities that......erm.......don't exactly warrant a visit. Its places like those that Minity and her angels are never linked. Or are maybe severed somewhere down the line. Then again, in those universes, nothing seems to go right. :sad: I call them 'Nightmares.'

Still, this is a pretty good reality by most standards. In fact, most of the ones where the Negation gets defeated tend to be fairly good. It kinda makes you greatful for where you live, doesn't it? :thumbleft:

Minity
08-03-2004, 07:34 AM
As the party continues to progress...the Angels have now decided to get up on stage and dance WITH the strippers...especially Aphrodite, who takes center stage...some of the angels have even begun going behind the bar and working at the speed of light to throught thousands of drink at a time...every once in awhile all the angels yell "CHEERS" and finish off what they were drinking, only to demand more...

at the gambling tables Tanaja looks at Spyran, and belows out to one of the angels to get her a beer!

do you ever join your parties...or are you only a watcher?

Res
08-03-2004, 02:53 PM
::She cought her breath in amazment. In a matter of moments her power had expanded in ways she never dreamed possible. She scrambled out the river her body driping with its blood like substance. Holding her dress to herself ,her modisty returned, she atempted to dry off. She tosed her head in atempt to free remaining water droplests and as her head pased over her shoulder she say a strange gray mark on her skin. It looked out of place on the tawny gold. Yet somehow it was a part of her and she knew that is was responsable for the change that had come over her. She slid her still wet body into her dress and stared distasfully down opon i,t as her silouet and more where revealed. Without knowing it she slid her hand to the sigil and let it rest there. It felt just like skin and yet it was warmer... very warm in fact. she stared down at herself and watched in wonder as red steam drifted from her. Content withher dry self she prepared to tap into its power again when she spoted a human shape a few yards ahead of her. When she pulled the grass away it reveal a beautiful white haired man sprawled on the ground. His body was covered in a fine sheen of swet and his face was tightened in extream pain. Quest or no she knew she must do somthing for him. She nelt down beside him and wispered a few notes. Her hand moistened and she drew it across his forhead. With her other hand she checked his pulse. It was there but frighteningly week. His missery was aparent and seeing it brought tears to her eyes. He bore the same look as her mother had before she died. As she had done with her she drew his much larger body to her, resting his heavy head against her chest. She turned his face to the sky and called for rain and then for healing. His body glowed with a faint light and while his eyes remained closed they flikered. It was a movement she would never have seen if she wasn't watching so closly and hoping so much for it.::

At the time he hit the ground, he finally thought that he was crossing the Styx river. All his life came back to his mind, from the sweetest time he lived to the darkness battles he fought as he was foating somewhere. But maybe it wasn't his time yet when he heard a little melody that made him feel so much better. The figure of a beautiful angel appeared and hold him so gently that he felt a sun warming him, recovering some of his vital energy with her touch. He was like in a wonderful state, calm even though the pain that he didn't feel now, peaceful. Smiling and blessing the goddess for her help, he opened slowly his eyes only to see a bluring silouhette. Her tears ran down to his cheek and he only tried in a weak movement to wipe them away from her face.

"Why.. why are you crying, angel?" he said with a quiet voice "Please... don't. You saved my humble life today but a smile would make me live forever again..."

Ayrn
08-03-2004, 05:04 PM
::She shivered slightly as his hand touched her face. Even the most innocent of gestures was to much for her to bear. She closed her eyes, squeezing away the last of the tears.::
I really need to stop doing this ::She thought lifting her own hand up to swip away the tears. She smiled at his sweet words.
He did not know, how could he? And yet how could he not when it was sketched into every detail of her being?
:: she looked worriedly down at the man in her arms::
Are you well? You seem to be in great pain.

Shuya's Soldiers
08-03-2004, 05:23 PM
Spyran

;D "Oh, I usually take a back seat at the occasions and play the good host..........

but I do have a little party piece that I like to save for grander occasions....." Spyran sips at his drink, feigning nervousness. All the angels are now focused on their host, clamouring for him to entertain them.

"Hahaha, ok, ok......" Spyran grinned. "If you would all turn your attention to the stage for a moment....."

Turning away from the party, Spyran walked up into the backstage area.

For a moment, the stage was completely quiet with its curtains drawn. One or two of the Angels began to get impatient and heckle a little.

Suddenly, a bright spotlight hits the centre stage. The curtains part just enough to allow a dazzling Spyran to step onstage. In the background, jazz music starts to hum and fill the air. Winking at Tanaja, he raises a microphone to his lips, and his golden singing voice fills the air.....

"Do you live in the here and now,
Or are you on your own?
Searching for someone to save,
Someone to take you home?

But when you run out of redemption,
What you get is what you see.
And all that you can have
Is everything you'll never be,

Coz you confound me, you astound me,
And you're running rings around me.
So now i've got to quit,
Yeah, now i've got to set you free.

You want a word, that word is love
And when you think you've found it;
Its just a word, said by a man
Who's learnt to live without it.
I didn't really understand,
But now I get it.
So after I have thought it through,
I can just forget it.

I'm glad we're both alive to tell the taaaaaaaaaale......"

Spyran, known to many as The voice of Wyldearth, was an excellent showman. He strutted about the stage entertaining the Angels with his pitch perfect voice and cheeky smile.........

Meanwhile, in the Metropolis to the North...

Something stirred.

The planet was alive once more. Foreign beings were visiting, relaxing, recovering, speaking with the Tree and the River.......

On the city limits, something gazed out through the darkness with grey eyes......

Back at the Resort........

Spyran finished his song with a flourish and bowed to his audience.

For a second he paused. It felt like there was an odd feeling within him.......a slight twinge in his stomach, perhaps.......

'Nah' he thought. 'It's probably nothing.

After all, if they'd managed to get out, i'd be the first to know about it.....'

Ignoring the twinge, he bowed once again.

"THANK YOU!! THANKYOUVERYMUCH!!!"

Minity
08-03-2004, 05:43 PM
the angels clap and cheer loud enough to be heard through-out most of the planet...but soon many of them begin falling where they stand...but they are not dead, they sleep...the ones that have fallen asleep begin to disapeer...Tanaja...who also looks tired approaches Spyran...

you were excellent...however it seems we will be departing soon...we cannot fall asleep and leave ourselves vulnerable...so we subconsciencely teleport back home...

she sits down as many of the angels still drink and play...she grabs a galss of beer and drinks it rapidly...

Ayrn
08-03-2004, 06:02 PM
:eh: nice song :eh: Did you write it yourself? I don't recongnize it.

Shuya's Soldiers
08-04-2004, 04:31 AM
Spyran

"Rest well, all of you. Wyldearth Paradisio will always give you a warm welcome, and it was wonderful to meet you all. See you all soon! Give my regards to your mistress!! (oh, hang on, she hasn't actually met me in this reality.....)" :wave:

Spyran straightened his jacket and called for another drink. Gently sipping the bourbon bought to him, he leant on the edge of the stage and relaxed.

The resort would still be visible in this reality for a few weeks yet. Maybe he'd do a little exploring while it was here.

The resort's resident accountant came up to him and handed him a little note with the day's total profits on.

When he was sure no-one was looking, Spyran began to do the Happy Dance.........

((Ayrn: Heh, yeah. I played guitar and sang in a jazz band last year, and this was one of the numbers we wrote. I was feeling nostalgic, so I decided to include it......... ;) ))

Adrian Straylight
08-04-2004, 06:11 AM
A couple of miles away from the northern Metropolis....

It had taken hours to arrive. During this time, Adrian Straylight had kept Frax unconscious, in case the evil that possessed him was to free itself again.

The landing was bumpy, but didn't do too much damage.

At least this planet was safer than Elysia (http://forumcorp.com/jsanborn/viewtopic.php?t=193).

Straylight looked up at the Tamer who was still working on his ship.

"I'm going out to have a look around" he said. "Maybe there are some engine parts I can find. I shouldn't be gone too long. If something happens, give me a call......."

Minity
08-04-2004, 09:58 AM
Tanaja smiles at Spyran and soon all of the angels have teleported away to Minitys planet...

Ayrn
08-04-2004, 10:50 AM
(Thats awesome Spyran. Your lucky. I have zero musical talent. I couldn't even play recorder in 5th grade.)

Res
08-04-2004, 06:34 PM
"I don't know what exactly you did to me... but yes, I am fine now, angel. At least, I can breath the life and feel it foaming in my heart. Thank you for offering me to live again... falling from the stars was like the end of everything. Of all hopes."

He showed eternal gratitude to her with a kind smile and kissed her hand while an aura glowed around him, fixing his look and hair. In a soft movement, he slowly tried to stand up by his own, a bit clumsily, helping himself with his hands on his knees. Quiting the arm of the angel, the pain was still there but there was a peaceful state right now that made him forget it. His eyes checked the land around for something that would tell him where he was but it was only nothing he has seen before.

"I'm in your debt, kind angel. Please allow me to accompany you for a moment wherever you go."

Ayrn
08-05-2004, 12:48 PM
"It is nothing. though your gratitude is welcome. You are welcome here as well. I myself have only recently arived. I am afraid I can not stay here with you. In the short time I have been here I have been charged with a task that must be cared out without delay. If you are well enough I must be on my way. I am sure that the hospitality offered to me will be extended to you."
::She looked at him regretfully, not wanting to leave someone so newly healed. He was strong otherwise he would never have suvrived the fall but his body was drained and he needed rest and perhaps a little something extra. She reached out to touch his arms and slid her hand down it to gather his hand in hers. Beneath her hand she felt the rippling mussels and sensed there momentary tenson. She placed his arms of her shoulders and wrapped her own arms around him. With a slight push she was in the air. Her small frame revealing its strength as she carried her burden with ease. With minimal effort she shot up in the sky, slowing only she was above cloud cover. She tilted her head up to the sun allowing its burning heat to spread through her body and through her into him. When she was full enough to burst she thrust out her wings, unfurling them to their greatest length. She provided a magnificent sight, her wings bloting out the sun and her glowing body replacing it. Then abruptly she drew her wings in and wrapped them around Res. They plummet down almost as fast as they had risen crashing into the ground with great force. Their decent created a crator that sunk many feet into the otherwise flat ground around them. But it was no scare upon the planets face for the energy she had released had cause flowers to grow and beautiful vegetation to sprout. She released a giggle and then a full out laugh of joy. It was the most beautiful sound any one could ever hear and everyone did it for her joy created a ripple that could be heard across the universe.::
" Wow. That was a surprise. I hope I didn't startle you" she told the obviously stared Res.
"I trust you fell well enough now."
::How could he not when she so refected the energy inside her? She pulled herself up from her sprawled position and offered a hand to the more than well but still stunned Res.::

Res
08-05-2004, 07:04 PM
Nodding, he understood almost sadly that she had her own path to follow. She would be able to handle it he thought as she seems to be full of will and strong but he promised to help whenever she would need. What happened after totally surprised him but he felt that nothing could harm as they ascended in the sky before falling and he couldn't help but ask if she was aware that they might hit the grown at some point.

"No, it is fine. I wasn't startled but just fainted. Maybe a warning would be good enough for my heart next time." he joked

Accepting her hand, he pulled out himself from the impact point and laughed. He didn't expect to experience something like that but he could only be amazed by the salutary energy of the angel. Feeling what she gave to him overwhelming his body, his eyes started to glow all in silver and he looked around at the now flowered place before bowing respectfully in front of her. His sight checked her soul and he knew it was time for her to leave and fill her task.

"I promise to have a good use of the second life you offered to me...
Now I am sad to look at you leaving but your destiny is waiting for you, kind angel. Be careful and may you live an everlasting happiness."

He gently took her in his arms and hugged her gently a last time.

Shuya's Soldiers
08-06-2004, 04:05 AM
The Crimson River and The Steel Tree

Breaking its silence once more, The Steel Tree spoke, shocking both Res and Ayrn with its suddenness.

"Ayrn will return, Rescue. As long as she bares our Grey Sigil, nothing truly terrible can happen to her on this world.

You have only just arrived on this world, injured and broken, and you would suddenly rush away to some quest you know little about? Hah, your kind are more foolish than I thought...."

"Brother!" The Crimson River interupted. The image of the young girl on the rivers surface scowled out towards the Tree.

"Pardon him, brave Rescue. The Steel Tree often speaks without considering the feelings of those around him.

You have a chance to rest here, and discover the answers to any questions you wish............" The River paused in its speech, feeling the presence of another close by....

"Yes, River. I feel it too." said the Tree, responding to his sisters reaction.

"One of our disciples has arrived.......

And he is not alone....."

Imlay
08-06-2004, 04:20 AM
On board the Absorber ship: Final Stand

The spirit of Imlay watched the unconscious body of Frax, her love. He would twitch occasionally. Imlay guessed that he must be having nightmares.

The poor young Frax was, after all, being turned into Felix, and evil version of himself.[i]

Fraxlyr Mon
08-06-2004, 04:21 AM
*twitches* "Hh........mhmmm...."

Imlay
08-06-2004, 04:24 AM
Imlay turned and addressed the Tamer.

"Oh Tamer.......is there nothing we can do to help him? I'm so worried....."

Ayrn
08-06-2004, 08:45 PM
Laughing she smiled " I'm sorry somtimes I just don't know my own powers. I'm still coming into my own abilities you see. My father was first and my mother was an angel." she explained.
::She embraced them and her golded aura mixed with his silver one. She held on a second longer than she might have and then withdrew still holding his arms. She looked at his quizicly her head tilted to the side and giving a slighly sly smile. She didn't realise it and she had no intention of giving Res any idea for she didn't really have any exspearence dealing with people. She had lived alone with her mother seeing only a few occasonal traders and of cource the raiders. She broke her gaze as the steel tree spoke. She frowed slightly at his rudeness and then looked shly back at Res.::
"I understand that you have only just arived but I would not mind your company if you wish mine"
::She didn't understand what it was but for some reason she had no disire to leave without him.::

Ayrn
08-11-2004, 08:37 AM
((Was it somthing I said? Where is everyone? Come out come out where ever you are.))

Shuya
08-11-2004, 06:28 PM
(( :scared: Well, your waiting for Res to post and i'm waiting for Tamer......

um.....guys? :p ))

Ayrn
08-14-2004, 06:31 PM
(Alright guys... you can come out now... guys...?)

Quaxo9
08-14-2004, 06:40 PM
((If it would help, I could pretend to be Res and/or Tamer. ;) I haven't seen either on for awhile, sorry I can't be of greater help. :whaat:))

Shuya
08-15-2004, 04:24 AM
((well Res did PM me apologising and saying he was gonna post. I don't know what happened to that.

Tamer has a relevant excuse though. He has gone off to camp for a week or so. My characters are able to wait that one out, but i'm worried about Res. Ayrn, maybe you should just start the quest? when Res resurfaces, he can follow you if he wants.......

Thanks for the offer Quaxo, but we should be alright. If you wanna join the SL anyway, feel free to PM me.))

Shuya's Soldiers
08-15-2004, 04:53 AM
((ok, time to get this show on the road))

The Crimson River and The Steel Tree

As Ayrn looked down at Res, she saw that the exhaustion of his ordeal had sent off to sleep, and the last bit of her speech had been lost on him.

"Your sentiment is....touching, but now is not the time to linger. Rescue will be well looked after here" the Tree said.

"Yes" the River agreed. "We will care for him until he wakes. When he does so, he will follow you. It is clear to us that you have gained his interest, but as my brother is so fond of saying, time is of the essence."

The Grey Sigil on Ayrn's arm flashed once, and before she could say anything further, she found herself at the edge of the jungle.

Around her, strange green and yellow plants grew, and in front of her, a small path forked, going both left and right. To her right, Ayrn could see little footprints, and what looked a little like a hut a lot further down the track.

To her left, she heard strange noises. It may be the cries of strange animals, or even the whistling of the wind. She could not tell which.

She would have to choose her path wisely.....

Adrian Straylight
08-15-2004, 05:01 AM
Straylight walked purposefully across the plains until he arrived at the place where Ayrn had been a few seconds ago.

He stared down.

In front of him, was Rescue's sleeping body.

"Hmmm...."

"Is he?"

"Well I understand that, but......"

To the casual watcher, it would have looked like Straylight was talking to himself. However, there was a greater force at work. One not quite visible to the naked eye..

"Very well. I shall wait until he awakes, and then I shall tell him....."

Adrian settled down against the Tree, pulled his hat over his eyes and gently napped as he waited for Res to wake.

Ayrn
08-17-2004, 11:34 AM
::She looked back, unhappy to leave Res in such a state. But then she turned her attention to the road. Sending two tendrills of her being down each path. One side seemed natural and all she felt was the plesent rythme of the planet but on other side she felt a pulsating power. Streching herself forward she hit something solid, something magical... Instantly she teleported towards it but found herself flung back. Something very magical indeed if it could block her powers. Discrunteled she set off on foot.

Shuya's Soldiers
08-17-2004, 12:58 PM
After walking for twenty minutes, Ayrn found herself in a clearing where a small, abandoned village stood.

The huts were a mess, with large holes in the walls and roofs, looking as if they were about to fall in on themselves.

The first hut's door had been torn off its hinges.

By way of contrast, the only part of the second hut that was truly untouched was the door, which still stood at the end of the small path.

The third had no windows. It's walls were scorched.

In the centre of the small village was what seemed to be an Idol to a powerful looking, white-haired God.

At the monuments feet lay small offerings. Mosty trivial wooden blocks and the occasional morsel of food. At first, the statue appeared to be untouched. However, on second glance, great scratch marks ran down the centre of the small monument, made with claws unlike anything Ayrn had ever seen.....

Ayrn
08-17-2004, 02:16 PM
She ran her fingers alonge the claw marks. The gashes were big enough to encompass her intire hand. The looked like the scratches of a cat but one larger than any she had ever seen. She drew back her hand and serveyed the damage. Nay this bestial act but she doubted it was comited by a true animal. She nelt at the base of the statue and gathered a small doll made of rags. She huged it to her and looked at the rest of the offerings. There was a little smoked meat which was still warm to the touch. Perhaps whoever had distroyed the village was still nearby. She looked up when she heard what sounded like a rustle of leaves but saw nothing. Perhaps she was being paranoid. She slamed her fist against the statue and called out angerly " Where are you? Reveal yourself." There was no reply but her blow had caused the statue to shatter and as she turned back it crumbeled, revealing something most peculiar.

Shuya's Soldiers
08-18-2004, 06:33 AM
The Statue crumbled to reveal a small crystal. As Ayrn picked the crystal up, she felt a warm glow emenating from it, as if it was a magical icon of some sort.

Ayrn had only a moment to admire its beauty before a rustling in the bushes distracted her......

Shuya's Soldiers
08-18-2004, 06:55 AM
A strange looking humanoid and what looked like a giant feline stepped out of the undergrowth and stared, rather shocked, at Ayrn.

The humanoid stepped forward tentatively and spoke.

http://forumcorp.com/jsanborn/images/avatars/gallery/Comic_Cartoons/iceman.jpg

"......Miss?.....erm.....I hate to be rude, but what exactly are...

Before he could finish, the tall cat interupted.

http://forumcorp.com/jsanborn/images/avatars/gallery/Animals/kitty-03.jpg

WOW!! :excited: Hey Phell! What is it?!! Can I eat it?? Huh? Can I? Pleeeeeeeaase???"

"No Ayrie, you can't eat it!! What have I told you about eating strangers? You don't know where its been!!!

http://forumcorp.com/jsanborn/images/avatars/gallery/Animals/kitty-03.jpg

"Aaaah, shucks!!"

As I was SAYING!

Greetings, miss (I hope thats right? I'm afraid I'm not really familiar with your species...).

Anyway, your presence was detected by my clan, and I have been sent to ascertain your allegiance.

Are you on the side of the Ice Magi or the Thunder Magi?

You must understand that there have been several incursions recently, and If you are a threat to us, I'm afraid i'm going to have to let Ayrie here eat you.

I don't WANT to, you understand, its very bad for his diet, but if you are evil I can't take any risks....."

Phell stood, waiting for Ayrn's answer.

Ayrn
08-18-2004, 05:51 PM
In a low rough wisper she growled " I know nothing of these magi but I can asure you that I am not evil. If your friend however was envolved with this (she trust an arm out to indicate the village and at the claw marks that looked like the cats handiework) I may need to asume that you are." She stood her ground in defient stance, still clutching the crystal to her.

Shuya's Soldiers
08-18-2004, 08:00 PM
http://forumcorp.com/jsanborn/images/avatars/gallery/Comic_Cartoons/iceman.jpg Phell

"Oh dear me, no!! How dare you say that to Ayrie?! Look, you've gone and hurt her feelings.....

http://forumcorp.com/jsanborn/images/avatars/gallery/Animals/kitty-03.jpg Ayrie

*Sniff* *Sob* :'(

http://forumcorp.com/jsanborn/images/avatars/gallery/Comic_Cartoons/iceman.jpg Phell

"The Magi would never do this to one another. Even in our fearsest wars, we battle only on clear, neutral grounds. None would dare desecrate a worship-place like this.

And as you do not know that, that means you must be of the outside, and therefore owe allegiance to neither side.

In that case, I must introduce myself in the name of my tribe." Phell cleared his throat and bowed slightly to Ayrn.

"I am Atoar Unaraxra Gee Phell. Most address me as Phell.

I come from the tribe of Ice Mages that live in this Jungle. We are known as the Magi of the Diamond Dust, and for centuries, we have been at War with the Magi of the Thunderclap, or the Lightning Mages.

This 'Beast' that you see before you is Ayrie. He/She is a Familiar, a species of large, tame, magical animals that can change their gender at will."

"Wotcher." :wave:

"Now stranger, what is your name, and why did you come?"

Ayrn
08-19-2004, 05:39 PM
Her exspresion soften thouh she still had a hint of suspision in her eyes.
"I apologize Phell, my outbrust was uncalled for. The distruction reminded me of the fate of my own home. I ment no insult to you or to Ayrie. I just sought the perpetrator. I am sorry I jumped to conclusions.
My name is Ayrn. I am seeking a power that could be deadly in the hands of my enemys. In the seeking I came upon this village and by accident I found this."
She held out the crystal and it flashed in the late afternoon sun.

Shuya's Soldiers
08-20-2004, 09:49 AM
Ayrie stared at the crystal that Ayrn held up

http://forumcorp.com/jsanborn/images/avatars/gallery/Animals/kitty-03.jpgAyrie

"Wow! A healing crystal! Those things are really rare!!" :excited:

"erm....Ayrie?"

"I didn't think they even existed anymore!!"

"Ayrie!"

"Hey! I'll give you three JungleHorses for it!!"

"For Shuya's sake!! Ayrie, listen to me!!!" :realmad:

"Ok, ok, what do you want?" :huh:

Phell pointed to Ayrn's shoulder, where the Grey Sigil shone brightly in the heat of the jungle. Ayrie followed Phell's gaze.

"Oh.........."

Phell looked at Ayrn with sudden sincerity, and spoke.

"So, you come bearing His Grey Sigil, and you say you seek a great power.

If what you say is true, we may be able to help you.

But first, tell me. Did you speak with a Spirit with Silver hair?"

Phell awaited her answer with eager anticipation....

Ayrn
08-20-2004, 02:18 PM
Tucking the crystal away she answer humbly :" I do know the spirit you speek of. It was he who saved me and brought me to this place. What of him?"

Shuya's Soldiers
08-20-2004, 05:16 PM

".........he's........he's really back......."

Phell smiled as if he had never smiled before when Ayrn mentioned the Spirit

http://forumcorp.com/jsanborn/images/avatars/gallery/Comic_Cartoons/iceman.jpgPhell

"This is truly wonderful news that you bring us Ayrn. The Spirit of which we have spoken is the God of all Magi, and the Lord of the Eternal Light of Hope. The people of this planet have worshipped him since the end of the Wars that forged this planet.

If he has returned, then that means the War of the Magi must soon be over!! :D

The War of the Magi started, you see, because..."

"Ooh! Let me tell the story! Let me!!"

http://forumcorp.com/jsanborn/images/avatars/gallery/Comic_Cartoons/iceman.jpgPhell

"Ayrie, please..."

"Oh your just bitter coz I tell it better."

Ayrie turned to Ayrn, and began to explain.

"A long time ago, there was a terrible war. The only ones who survived were the Spirit of the final First to walk this planet, the Shadows, and us. The Magi.

when the Silver-haired Spirit still walked among us, all the Magi Clans were at peace. He ruled us justly, and the planet wanted for nothing. Then, news came to him from the Spirit world. A terrible enemy had been born. One who would make war on all creation.

One of the first acts of this enemy was to give birth to various monstrosities, and try to invade the Spirit realm. See, if this enemy could conquer the Spirit realm, he could conquer death itself, and at the same time, create windows to every single universe.

The Spirit answered the call, and mustered a great ghost army. He marched on a crusade against this enemy with the souls of a thousand powerful Magi fighting by his side.

This enemy had a name. And it has not been uttered on this planet since the Spirit departed.

His name....is Charon.

Before he left, the Spirit distributed ten great weapons for safe keeping. seven of them, he sent far away into space. Two of them, he placed in the keeping of the most worthy warrior that lived on Wyldearth's moons, to be passed down to his heir.

One, he hid among us.

For a month, we protected the weapon together. After that, both Clans began to argue about where the weapon should be kept. It quickly descended into war, and at this moment, the weapon rests in the hands of the Magi of the Thunderclap.

Now the Spirit has returned, I believe it may be time for someone to return the Weapon to its rightful owner."

"Nicely told, Ayrie."

"Thankya 8) ."

Ayrn
08-21-2004, 01:08 PM
"The weapon must be the one I was sent to find. Perhaps you could lead me to it and I could do what I could to help end this foolish war of yours."

Shuya's Soldiers
08-22-2004, 07:13 AM

"We know the village where the Thunder Mages keep the weapon. Follow Ayrie. He/She will lead us there."

"Ok. Lets go."

Ayrie's nose and ears changed shape slightly, and the Familiar began to walk a bit lower to the ground. Ayrie generally prefferred to be in female form, but for tracking things, she always changed into a male.

As they walked, Phell spoke to Ayrn.

"So the Spirit must have seen something special in you to bring you here. Especially if he allowed The Crimson River and The Steel Tree to give you the Grey Sigil.

Where are you from, anyway? How did you come to be here?"

Ayrn
08-22-2004, 09:31 AM
"I hope that he was right in his choice. He found me after the distruction of my homeword Aluna. We were visited by Charon and his mercenaries. I was got with child and my mother was slain. In my rage I distoryed my home and Charons forces. The spirit found me and brought me here for healing."

Shuya's Soldiers
08-23-2004, 03:32 AM

"You came face to face with the enemy!?? with Charon?!?" :newshock:

Phell almost stopped in his tracks as he stared at Ayrn in shock.

"By the Silver-haired Spirit! You have lived through much, young lady.

The village that holds the weapon is just around this corner. Once you present it to the Spirit, i'm sure he will help you with whatever it is you wish to achieve....."

http://forumcorp.com/jsanborn/images/avatars/gallery/Animals/kitty-03.jpg ".......oh Phell......."

Ayrie interrupted them both, drawing their attention to what he saw.

The village of the Thunder Magi that they had been travelling towards lay before them.

It was absolutely destroyed. Ripped to pieces. And all around were the same claw marks that had destroyed the last village....

Res
08-25-2004, 03:19 AM
(howdy... I'm back!)

When Res woke up, there were no trace around of the angel Ayrn. His sight checked and checked again all the place to see her but she vanished elsewhere and that made him worrying, thinking of what could have happened. "Ayrn?" He called but sadly only the wind responded to his call. He felt sorry and kinda sad to have miss her leaving as he promised to be on her side but there was still the feeling of her aura around him. Something beautiful and warm to his heart as he remembered the embrace and her voice. As the little wind blew coldly his face, he managed to stand up and only noticed then someone napping against the tree where he was with Ayrn.

Excuse me, you shouldn't sleep like that. You would only hurt your spin and back.
Have you seen... an angel around?

Adrian Straylight
08-25-2004, 08:12 AM
Straylight stood and tipped his hat.

"I appreciate your concern Res, but I wasn't sleeping. Its an old meditation method I use to clear my mind.

As for your Angel....yes, I saw her. In fact, I know exactly where she is right now."

He pointed towards the deep jungle on the horizon.

"She went there. Now she talks with the Magi. She is perfectly safe for the moment. However, there is a great danger in this Jungle. Soon, she may need your help. I have been instructed to bring you to her."

Adrian walked over to Res and laughed.

"You're wondering how I knew your name? Simple" he shrugged. "The Tree told me."

Straylight offered Res his hand in order to help him up.

"My name is Adrian Straylight. I am a warrior from the Moons of Wyldearth, and a servant and worshipper of Djinn, the Gun-God.
I will be your guide in the jungle.

If you are ready, now would be a good time to depart."

Ayrn
08-26-2004, 02:26 PM
She stared at the distruction cold heartedly, anger glinting in her eyes. " I belive I understand now..."

Mist and Shade
08-26-2004, 03:56 PM
To the north of Wyldearth, just outside the Metropolis, the shadows melted to reveal a slim, dark figure with long slender legs in an attire that leaves very little to the imagination. Her black, wavy hair played with the slight wind as she stood, her black onyx eyes staring at the city in front of her.

"Welcome home," Shade whispered, her tone dripping with bitterness.

Behind Shade, a deep sigh coming from her identical twin sister was heard. Mist did not understand why they had to come back to this place. When the god of Shadows took them away from this world, she knew she would never want to go back. They had their master and that's all she could ever want.

Years ago, Mist and Shade walked among these beings, the Shadows as well as the original Magi. Things were good at first, until the true nature of their kind started to show. This was when their master, Night, had saved them. With his First powers, he took them both in, breathing new life into them, giving them a body not like anybody else's.

From that day on the both knew, their lives to him they owe, and nothing else can give them greater joy.

Shade disliked being back here, but it hosts something that would be of great help to them. "Then the master would surely know who is the better servant," Shade said to no one in particular. Mist could not do anything else except lower her head.

Shuya's Soldiers
08-26-2004, 04:06 PM
Within the confines of the Metropolis, an ancient pair of eyes stared out at Mist and Shade. Dark, spiny fingers flexed themselves in agitation as the eyes continued to stare.

Who were these two new arrivals?

An old memory revived itself within an old mind.....

Lips whispered...

"Mssst..... Shhhde....."

and the apparition melted back into the deep night of the Metropolis.

It couldn't break the barrier that held the Shadows in.

It wouldn't have to.

They would come to it eventually.....

Shuya's Soldiers
08-26-2004, 04:16 PM
She stared at the distruction cold heartedly, anger glinting in her eyes. " I belive I understand now..."

Ayrie sniffed the ground.

"This was not the work of any Magi that I know.....

There were no spells cast here.

"But that means....."

"Yes, Phell.

Not long ago, two agents from the Negation, followed by another of unknown origin arrived in this jungle looking for the weapon that you seek, Ayrn.

They never succeeded.

Instead, all signs of them were lost.

I fear that something evil is roaming the jungles of Wyldearth....."

Suddenly, from beneath the wreckage of one of the huts, there came a low, moaning sound.

"Holy Shuya, someone is still alive here!!!"

Phell and Ayrie ran to wreckage and started trying to clear it, but it was far too heavy.

"Ayrn! Someone's under here and we aren't strong enough! You're going to have to help us lift!"

Mist and Shade
08-26-2004, 04:46 PM
"Mssst..... Shhhde....."

Shade had enough of all this waiting. Where are the others?! Nothing will get done if they stand idly by. She started walking towards the city until a soft hand grabbed her shoulder lightly.

Turning around Shade saw Mist's black eyes giving her a look of both pleading and concern. Mist knew it was not safe to go inside. It was dark. Too dark even for them. Who knows what lies beyond?

Shade's fingers clasped her twin sister's hand, removing it from her shoulder. "Stay if you wish," she uttered. "I can do this by myself." Shade turned her back and continued to walk towards the boundery of the city. She was about to take the step when she felt a light rusttling beside her.

Mist gave her a gentle smile. If there was one thing that would equal the love Mist had for her master, it would be the one for her sister. She would never leave her side. Together, the shadow twins entered the Metropolis of the North.

Shuya's Soldiers
08-26-2004, 05:03 PM
Mist and Shade began to wander down the long, dark streets.

The last time they were here, this city had been vibrant, filled with the chattering voices of Shadows and Magi as they lived in relative peace.

A marketplace lay a short distance ahead. The twins could see stalls still intact, even with fruits, meats and trinkets on the various tables. All looked and smelt perfectly fresh, covered only with a slight layer of dust.

The place was deserted.

In the centre of the marketplace stood a large barbecue, that continued to smoke and sizzle as if it was a regular day for business. The delicious scent of the cooked meat reached the noses of Mist and Shade. They smelt bacon. Sumptous sausages. Well-grilled pork. Chunks of steak, done to perfection.

In a place of silence, this was the only sign of life.....

Ayrn
08-27-2004, 02:53 PM
"Ayrn! Someone's under here and we aren't strong enough! You're going to have to help us lift!"
"I'll see what I can do." she begain to pull at a peice of rubble and to her surprise she pulled with such strength that when the peice came free she was sent flying backwards.
"Ohhh. That hurt"

Shuya's Soldiers
08-27-2004, 03:52 PM
The Grey Sigil on Ayrn's arm glowed as she lifted, increasing her strength threefold

Ayrie bounded over to Ayrn, who lay on the ground.

"Wow! That was great! You're stronger than you look, Miss! :D "

"Hey Phell!! Is there anyone down there?"

"........"

Phell was speechless. He beckoned the others over to see what they had unearthed.....

Beatrix
08-27-2004, 03:58 PM
A young lady, who didn't look older than seventeen stared up at Phell, Ayrie and Ayrn. A bandana was wrapped around her forehead, and on each of her fingers was a jade ring that glittered in the sunlight. On both of her arms, the word "Beatrix" was tattooed.

"....He...took it.....

.........It.......gone......"

she whispered to herself.

Then, she noticed Phell, Ayrie and Ayrn staring at her.

".......you.......are........?" she asked.

Mist and Shade
08-27-2004, 04:37 PM
Mist walked along in silence, drawn to the only movement in Metropolis aside from them. Curiosity got the better of her and continued to make her way towards the grill.

Shade on the other hand knew something was defnitely wrong. She walked behind her sister, but her eyes darted from place to place. Her senses are just as quick as her phyical movements, it not faster. She was trying to look for any movement, hear any sound, but none for now was evident. She did saw her twin sister reaching out to touch one of the meat cooking on the grill...

Mist couldn't help it, they looked quite lovely. She was reaching out for one of the skewers when, at the corner of her eye, she saw Shade ready to smack her hand away from the food. Too late. She dispursed in shadow form and reappeared at the other side of her sister, giving her a chidllike smile, holding the grilled pork up with her right hand.

Shuya's Soldiers
08-28-2004, 12:08 AM
Mist walked along in silence, drawn to the only movement in Metropolis aside from them. Curiosity got the better of her and continued to make her way towards the grill.

Shade on the other hand knew something was defnitely wrong. She walked behind her sister, but her eyes darted from place to place. Her senses are just as quick as her phyical movements, it not faster. She was trying to look for any movement, hear any sound, but none for now was evident. She did saw her twin sister reaching out to touch one of the meat cooking on the grill...

Mist couldn't help it, they looked quite lovely. She was reaching out for one of the skewers when, at the corner of her eye, she saw Shade ready to smack her hand away from the food. Too late. She dispursed in shadow form and reappeared at the other side of her sister, giving her a chidllike smile, holding the grilled pork up with her right hand.

http://forumcorp.com/jsanborn/images/avatars/gallery/X-Men_Movies/rogue-02.jpg

From the darkness, a young girl watched Mist and Shade as they approached the grill.

They certainly smelt like Shadows, but they looked considerably different, which confused her.

Watching from her hiding place beneath a market stall, she gazed as Mist took a skewer of pork....

"Come ooon......eat it, already....."

She whispered to herself.....

Ayrn
08-28-2004, 11:04 AM
She reached her hand down to the girl, only slightly younger than herself and said kindly "My name is Ayrn and this is Ayrie and Phell. Can you tell us what happended here?

Beatrix
08-28-2004, 12:54 PM
She reached her hand down to the girl, only slightly younger than herself and said kindly "My name is Ayrn and this is Ayrie and Phell. Can you tell us what happended here?

The young girl's eyes began to focus on Ayrn. A big smile spread across the girl's face.

"Beatrix!" she said. "Beatrix! Beatrix!"

Then her face changed, and she looked at Ayrn's kind face in confusion and worry, as if Ayrn's question was only just registering in her brain.

"Man!" she shouted. "Man! Come! Kill! Burn Village! Angry! Take......."

In another dramatic change of emotion, the girl looked like she was almost about to cry.

"Take........

He take Staff......take from Beatrix......Beatrix fail......."

She paused, staring at Ayrn. For a while, everyone was waiting for Beatrix to say something else.

Then it became apparent that she was staring at Ayrn's Grey Sigil....

:shock:

Beatrix jumped up in excitement and pointed wildly at Ayrn.

"You!!! Sent!!! Find Staff!!!! You!!!

Ayrn......... bring Staff back?

.....Beatrix...... help.....Ayrn......find?"

Ayrn
08-28-2004, 01:29 PM
She reached out her hand to cup the Beatrix chin softly and looked her in the eyes.
"You have done nothing wrong here. Whoever came was simply to powerful. It is not your fault. Maybe you can help me find this staff. Do you know which way the bad men went?" She asked slowly wondering if the girl was simplton or merly dazed.

Beatrix
08-28-2004, 01:52 PM
She reached out her hand to cup the Beatrix chin softly and looked her in the eyes.
"You have done nothing wrong here. Whoever came was simply to powerful. It is not your fault. Maybe you can help me find this staff.

Beatrix reacted to Ayrn's touch very much like a puppy being petted by a beloved master.

At the mention of Beatrix helping to find the Staff, her eyes lit up like a giant pinball machine and she nodded vigorously.

"Follow!!!!!" Beatrix yelled, and with a manic whoop, she hared off into the Jungle at a dead run.....

Ayrn
08-28-2004, 02:00 PM
She cast a look at a rather stunned Phell, then shruged and took off after Beatrix.

Shuya's Soldiers
08-28-2004, 02:00 PM

"After it!!!! !!" Phell shouted. He leapt onto Ayrie's back and they galloped onwards after Beatrix and Ayrn.....

Beatrix
08-28-2004, 02:08 PM
Beatrix pounded through the jungle, batting trees, vines, and creepers out of the way as the others struggled to keep up with her furious, unrelenting pace.

Suddenly, she screached to a hault and stood stock still while Phell, Ayrn and Ayrie caugh up.

".....Close.....careful......Danger......."

She pointed to a nearby clearing.

Sure enough, a strange, muttering cackle sounded from the clearing.

Beatrix looked nervous.

".....Staff there......."

Ayrn
08-28-2004, 02:14 PM
She glanced again at Phell and then took a hesitant step forward, pulling back leaves with one hand and entering the clearing.

The forces of Felix
08-30-2004, 08:38 AM
.......and in the clearing, a strange, bald man with an intricate mark on his right palm stood.

Every so often, his shoulder twitched as he stared down at his feet. The Staff that had been taken from the last village was held in his left hand. He gripped and re-gripped the large weapon nervously as he muttered uninteligeable words under his breath.

"Work! Why, oh Father, doesn't it work? I'm seeing colours everywhere, where there should be colours.

Gnnn! Argh!" a violent spasm rocketed through his body, causing him genuine pain.

"The Faeries! They did this! They cut out my heart like this!

Murder. I'll have my revenge! Grrr!"

Suddenly, the man span around to face Ayrn. Flecks of frothy spittle lingered at his mouth, and the man's eyes were glazed over in the throes of insanity.

"You!" he barked at Ayrn and her trio of followers.

"You!" he shouted again.

"No. Nononononono, its MINE! I found it! I need it to bring it to the Original!" he fingered the staff and stared at Ayrn.

"Mine!"

Ayrn
09-03-2004, 04:08 PM
Ayrn stood and blinked at the rather queer ma.Her eyes wided and then narowed as she placed his markings to that of the Negation. Foming with rage she flew forward with speed she had not known she posesed and landed a kick on the mans knuckles, causing him to drop the staff in pain.

The forces of Felix
09-03-2004, 05:40 PM
But Feral Felix was a lot faster than that.

He backflipped wildly, catching the staff with his left hand, and soaring up into the air with great ease.

Spinning around to face them again, Feral Felix brought both his hands forward with a grunt.

Four energy balls shot forward at Ayrn and her followers, each of them flashing with deadly energy.....

Shuya's Soldiers
09-03-2004, 05:54 PM

"Phell!! Incoming!!!"

"I see them, Ayrie.

Everybody!! Duck!!"

Phell held both his hands in front of his face. His body glowed with power as the old Ice Mage spoke the spell

"Khal ep yuyie nagarath......."

Phell and Ayrie flashed briefly as they were instantly protected by Phell's Ice Shield Spell. The bolts of energy heading for the Mage and the Familiar were deadened by the shield, but it wasn't enough.

The force of the attack knocked both Phell and Ayrie flying, and left them dazed and confused. Unable to be any help to Beatrix and Ayrn, who the remaining energy balls aimed at......

Ayrn
09-03-2004, 06:09 PM
"No!"
Ayrn dove at Beatrix. Propeling her body she was able to nock the child aside but wasn't able to get herself out of harms way. She raised her hand to sheild her face and let out a stream of words that were incoprehensable to her. whatever she had said had some effect of the enegy balls for they dematerialized inches from her face.

Beatrix
09-03-2004, 06:56 PM
Beatrix tumbled over, knocked out of the way of the energy balls. There was little expression in her eyes. In fact, she seemed a little amused by the whole thing. As Ayrn protected her from the attack, she grinned widly and stupidly.

Jumping back to her feet, she looked around.

"Battle?" she asked, innocently.

The forces of Felix
09-03-2004, 07:02 PM
Feral Felix stared as Ayrn strangely managed to halt his energy balls.

Ayrn's grey sigil had flashed, just as she spoke the strange words. Felix stared, unsure of what was going on.

"You use magick like the faeries of the jungle? Hah. Hah. *gnnn*

I know how to deal with you anyway.

The Staff is for the Original!"

Weilding the staff, the Felix charged forward.

Ayrn
09-04-2004, 09:19 AM
More than a little stunned Ayrn sidesteped the man as he came at her ludicrously. She turned to Phell "What did I do?" she asked beweldered.

Mist and Shade
09-04-2004, 11:24 AM
Watching from her hiding place beneath a market stall, she gazed as Mist took a skewer of pork....[/i]

"Come ooon......eat it, already....."

She whispered to herself.....

Back at the North, Mist continued taunting her sister with the piece of meat. Saying it looked really good to eat was putting it mildly. It was done to perfection and no one can possibly resist it.

Shade glared at Mist, thinking how such an idiot could possibly be her sister. "Don't you dare," she threatened. Nothing that perfect could be real, nothing that perfect could be good and something that perfect can definitely be infernal.

As if knowing exactly what Shade was thinking, Mist lifted the skewer up, her black onyx eyes glinting mischievously and her ruby red lips closed upon the meat. Nothing in this land could harm them, for they are blessed with the powers of a First. That was Mist's answer to Shade's queries. Chewing the meat, Mist still kept her eyes linked to her sister.

Only now, as Shade looked at her eyes, the glint was gone. A pair of eyes with fear, horror and panic stared back at her. She saw Mist's hand clamp upon her neck, until her eyes rolled back and she started falling.

"Mist!!!" Shade's scream echoed across the empty city. In no less that a blink, Shade had dispursed into shadow form and reappeared just in time to catch her sister.

"Mist!" she cried once more, with her left hand clasping her sister's and her other hand lightly tapping her face. "Not funny, sweetie. Open your eyes," she whispered.

Shuya
09-05-2004, 06:16 AM
More than a little stunned Ayrn sidesteped the man as he came at her ludicrously. She turned to Phell "What did I do?" she asked beweldered.

But to Ayrn's surprise, both Phell and Ayrie were knocked cold. Phell's ice spell had just barely saved their lives, but the energy they had to use to stop such a powerful attack had left Phell and his Familiar completely drained and out cold.

As Feral Felix began his attack again, the sound of the Spirit's voice echoed in Ayrn's ears....

"You used the power of the Magi, Ayrn. That is what protected you from this monster's attack. Do not fear it. Trust it. Allow the power of the Grey Sigil to flow through you! Speak those strange words once more, and fight back!

The forces of Felix
09-05-2004, 06:21 AM
Feral Felix growled as his swing was skillfully dodged by Ayrn.

Clutching the staff in his left hand, he projected a green, flickering energy sword in his right and lunged forward....

Shuya's Soldiers
09-05-2004, 06:55 AM
Back at the North, Mist continued taunting her sister with the piece of meat. Saying it looked really good to eat was putting it mildly. It was done to perfection and no one can possibly resist it.

Shade glared at Mist, thinking how such an idiot could possibly be her sister. "Don't you dare," she threatened. Nothing that perfect could be real, nothing that perfect could be good and something that perfect can definitely be infernal.

As if knowing exactly what Shade was thinking, Mist lifted the skewer up, her black onyx eyes glinting mischievously and her ruby red lips closed upon the meat. Nothing in this land could harm them, for they are blessed with the powers of a First. That was Mist's answer to Shade's queries. Chewing the meat, Mist still kept her eyes linked to her sister.

Only now, as Shade looked at her eyes, the glint was gone. A pair of eyes with fear, horror and panic stared back at her. She saw Mist's hand clamp upon her neck, until her eyes rolled back and she started falling.

"Mist!!!" Shade's scream echoed across the empty city. In no less that a blink, Shade had dispursed into shadow form and reappeared just in time to catch her sister.

"Mist!" she cried once more, with her left hand clasping her sister's and her other hand lightly tapping her face. "Not funny, sweetie. Open your eyes," she whispered.

The girl heard Shade's cry and cursed her own stupidity. The poison had been far too fast-acting. Now the other one would have a chance to raise the alarm. There was nothing for it. She would have to fight.

"Em thira qonen!!" she whispered the ancient words of the firespell to herself. A spark appeared, cradled in the palm of her hands as she leapt from her hiding place.

Facing Shade, she held the Floating Fire at arms length. Yet now, a little doubt snuck into her mind. Something was definetly wrong about this situation. She sniffed the air carefully, and spoke to Shade.

"Don't move. You move, and I will unleash the flame. This is your one and only warning. And do not look so concerned, your companion is still alive. If she wasn't I would have wasted no time in torching you to death. *

You smell like the accursed Shadows of this Metropolis. This tells me that you are enemy. Yet on the other hand, the Linsk poisoning that is fatal to Shadows has simply put you to sleep. This tells me that you are friend.

You can dispurse to Shadow form. This tells me that you are enemy. Also, you walk through the city on two feet. This tells me that you are friend.

Finally, you walk the streets during daytime. This tells me that you are stupid.

Now, you will tell me who you are and what you are doing here. And you can be assured that I have no problem with killing you if you try and cross me!"

Ayrn
09-05-2004, 08:40 AM
Feral Felix growled as his swing was skillfully dodged by Ayrn.

Clutching the staff in his left hand, he projected a green, flickering energy sword in his right and lunged forward....
And Aryn once again doged aside but this time while muttering under her breath. The effect was a stream of razor sharp icicles, one of which peirced the madman painfully in the thigh.

The forces of Felix
09-05-2004, 05:49 PM
Feral Felix was caught off-balance. The ice spell plucked him off his feet, and sent him hurtling backwards, the Staff dropping to the ground.

Clutching his leg, Felix stared at where the Staff had landed. Growling, he sent a burst of energy at Ayrn, hoping to hold her off long enough to get the Staff back....

Ayrn
09-05-2004, 08:06 PM
She let out a stream of sound to low for human ears. It's intense force nudged the staff a few inches but just as it came into full effect the energy wised passed her searing her side painfully.

Mist and Shade
09-05-2004, 10:03 PM
Now, you will tell me who you are and what you are doing here. And you can be assured that I have no problem with killing you if you try and cross me!"

Shade's eyes narrowed at the young girl as she spoke. She gently placed Mist down on the ground and slowly stood up, not taking her eyes off the girl for a second.

"Unleash if you so dare, young one," Shade said with a smirk. "As concerned as I am for my sister's body, that is just exactly what it is. A body. A shell. Destroy it and she will still live."

At the moment the girl thought about this revelation, Shade swiftly dematerialized then reformed behind her, pinning the tip of her dagger on the back her neck. "I wonder if the same could be said about you." she said, her lips curving up to a smile. "If I slit you open, will you still live?"

She extended her dagger just a little bit more, letting the girl feel the sharpness of it's tip on the tender skin of her neck.

"We now go by the name Mist and Shade, we are former residents of Metropolis. You however, are not familiar at all to me, therefore I cannot say if we are enemies or allies, but seeing that you tried to harm us, I say it's probably the former."

"Now, tell me, what do you have against the Shadows that walk this city?"

The forces of Felix
09-06-2004, 04:27 AM
She let out a stream of sound to low for human ears. It's intense force nudged the staff a few inches but just as it came into full effect the energy wised passed her searing her side painfully.

Seeing that she was distracted, Feral Felix leapt into the air and flew forward, grasping desperately for the staff and swinging his projected energy weapon at Ayrn at the same time....

Beatrix
09-06-2004, 04:33 AM
"Stiiiiiiiick!!!!!"

Beatrix yelped. Lunging forward, she snatched up the staff just as Felix was going to get it. As she did so, Beatrix swung round, delivering a hefty roundhouse kick to Felix's solar plexus.

"Stick mine!!

Ayrn want help?" she asked, staring at the wound on Ayrn's side....

The forces of Felix
09-06-2004, 04:42 AM
Feral Felix landed neatly behind Ayrn. For some reason, his Ligis wasn't healing the wounds inflicted by Ayrn's ice spell. And it felt like Beatrix had cracked a rib.

Still, he'd be damned if he let the Staff go. Projecting two energy longswords, he began to charge Ayrn....

Shuya's Soldiers
09-06-2004, 05:25 AM
Shade's eyes narrowed at the young girl as she spoke. She gently placed Mist down on the ground and slowly stood up, not taking her eyes off the girl for a second.

"Unleash if you so dare, young one," Shade said with a smirk. "As concerned as I am for my sister's body, that is just exactly what it is. A body. A shell. Destroy it and she will still live."

At the moment the girl thought about this revelation, Shade swiftly dematerialized then reformed behind her, pinning the tip of her dagger on the back her neck. "I wonder if the same could be said about you." she said, her lips curving up to a smile. "If I slit you open, will you still live?"

She extended her dagger just a little bit more, letting the girl feel the sharpness of it's tip on the tender skin of her neck.

"We now go by the name Mist and Shade, we are former residents of Metropolis. You however, are not familiar at all to me, therefore I cannot say if we are enemies or allies, but seeing that you tried to harm us, I say it's probably the former."

"Now, tell me, what do you have against the Shadows that walk this city?"

The young girl froze nervously as Shade grabbed her from behind, the knife-point just slightly breaking her skin. However, she refused to show her fear when faced with such an adversary

"If you were residents of this place, you sure as hell haven't visited for a while, have you?

Your people launched an unprovoked attack on the rest of the planet, turning on us and feeding on our blood and energy!
You caused the second War Of The Magi!"

The young mage tilted her head back, trying to pull away from the impending dagger.

"The only way to stop you was to cast this Confinement spell on the Metropolis. Now time means nothing here. Nothing ever ages in the Metropolis.

Unfortunately, when the cast the Spell of Confinement, many members of the Magi clans were caught in the crossfire. We are trapped here also."

Realising her only hope of escape was either co-operation or confrontation, the young mage decided to try and bargain with Shade.

"You know.....a lot has changed since you were last here. Your companion will awake soon, and I can be a great help to you. No-one would come to this godforsaken place without good reason, and I believe you have a reason for coming here.......

Please.....I can help you...."

Ayrn
09-06-2004, 08:15 AM
Feral Felix landed neatly behind Ayrn. For some reason, his Ligis wasn't healing the wounds inflicted by Ayrn's ice spell. And it felt like Beatrix had cracked a rib.

Still, he'd be damned if he let the Staff go. Projecting two energy longswords, he began to charge Ayrn....
Finaly iritatied Ayrn flung out her arms and while the others could hear nothing Felix was writhing in pain from the frequencey she had projected that was suted just for his ears alone. One hand clutching her side she laid the other on Beatrix's shoulder "Thank you" she said before springing forward and wraping her slight hand around the staff.

The forces of Felix
09-06-2004, 10:15 AM
Hit by Ayrn's sound attack, Feral Felix twitched and tumbled backwards. Leaping to the air, he flew away fast and hard, desperate to get away and get the pain out of his head.

Landing on the far side of the jungle, Felix sprawled out on the ground. He had lost the Staff. The Original Felix was dead, and without any power, he could never rebuild the psychic link between the Felixs.

Sitting on his hands and rocking backwards and forwards, Feral Felix decided to bide his time.....

Beatrix
09-06-2004, 10:33 AM
Beatrix let Ayrn take the Staff from her, and grinned her stupid grin again.

Reaching out with her right hand, Beatrix touched Ayrn's wounded side. The wound glowed for a second in a blue light, and much to her surprise, it began to heal.

Beatrix's hand lingered there for a moment. She sensed life. Looking up at Ayrn, she stared in wonder

"....Baby!?"

She hugged Ayrn gently around the stomach.

Ayrn
09-06-2004, 11:39 AM
Ayrn smiled wonderingly at Beatrix. "A girl and she is fine thanks to you" she said warmly returning the childs hug. Then worridly she turned back to Phell and Ayrie. Knealing beside them she preformed her own healing magic by singing the energys through the air.

Shuya's Soldiers
09-06-2004, 04:41 PM

Phell roused himself. His and Ayrie's bruises had been healed by Ayrn's powers, but Phell's inner energy was still drained from the spell

"Bless you, Ayrn" he croaked "That Negation freak would have killed us all...."

"Are you alright Phell? Come on old friend, climb onto my back. A few hours meditation and you'll have your old strength again....."

"We haven't got a few hours, Ayrie. What if he comes back?

"And Ayrn will beat him again!

Please, Phell. I hate to see you this weak....."

"We'll make it. All we need to do is make sure Ayrn gets the Weapon back to the River and the Tree." Phell turned to Ayrn

"This is a deep and dangerous jungle, but no-one knows it like Ayrie. We shall help you complete your mission. The Weapon is too important for me to show weakness now...."

The strain showing on his face, Phell swung himself onto Ayrie's back. With difficulty, he crossed his legs into the lotus position and linked his thumbs, so his palms faced inwards. Then, the Ice Mage began a low humming sound. A mantra, as he meditated and regained his ice energy.

"Yoni Shiva Roma Thell......Yoni Shiva Roma Thell......Yoni Shiva Roma Thell......." he muttered under his breath.

Ayrie looked round at Ayrn.

"Come on. Its this way." she said, and began to wonder off towards the north....

Beatrix
09-06-2004, 04:48 PM
And as the group began to move, Beatrix got up and followed closely behind Ayrn. And every time anyone turned around, they would see Beatrix staring at Ayrn with joy, as if she was a lost child who had just found a new mother.....

Ayrn
09-06-2004, 07:42 PM
She glanced back at Beatrix . The child was following her like a puppy. A darker part of her wispered. Great all I need to more offspring right now. And yet at the same time the childs love was endearing. she only wished she could find a way to help her.
Turning back she furowed her brow at Phell "Your not well enough for this. Look let me help. I'm able to draw energy from the power of a sun. It will renew both of us. Please let me help you."

Mist and Shade
09-06-2004, 10:08 PM
Unknown to both Shade and the young mage, Mist had regained consciousness just in time to hear the girl's story. She kept her eyes closed while she listened, letting her true form reallign itself with her shell, but even without seeing, she knew Shade wanted to harm the girl.

"You know.....a lot has changed since you were last here. Your companion will awake soon, and I can be a great help to you. No-one would come to this godforsaken place without good reason, and I believe you have a reason for coming here.......

Please.....I can help you...."

"Or maybe I should just cut you and everyone will be on their merry way," she said her eyes glinting. Shade drew her dagger back, and attempted to stab the girl when a cold hand clasped her wrist. She turned to her side and found her sister, looking dark and gentle at the same time, staring back at her.

"She tried to kill you," Shade insisted, but Mist's hand did not budge. Her black eyes, spoke to her, communicating in a way only twins can.

Shade drew her dagger back once again and sighed. Turning to face the young girl she spoke, "We come looking for the Scry." There are still a lot of questions lingering in her mind, about the Metropolis, the fate of the Magi and the rest of their kind, but those can wait. For now, Shade only wanted to ask one thing. "You say you can help, but what is it do you want in return?"

Shuya's Soldiers
09-07-2004, 03:32 AM
She glanced back at Beatrix . The child was following her like a puppy. A darker part of her wispered. Great all I need to more offspring right now. And yet at the same time the childs love was endearing. she only wished she could find a way to help her.
Turning back she furowed her brow at Phell "Your not well enough for this. Look let me help. I'm able to draw energy from the power of a sun. It will renew both of us. Please let me help you."

Phell halted his meditation and opened his eyes to briefly smile at Ayrn. He was already looking a bit stronger.

"Ah, thank you, but you don't seem to understand how Magi energy works. To replace it with power from the sun would hurt me. Energy must be regained slowly by meditation and contact with a Mage's Familiar." He stroked Ayrie on the back, and she purred a little

"I do appreciate your offer of help, though, but to accept it would be against all that the Magi believe in."

"Yeah, don't worry, Phell will be fine. We're almost there anyway." Ayrie said, as she trudged along slowly.

Eventually, Ayrie reached the very edge of the jungle, where the grass and trees halted abrubtly and faded into desert, dotted with small lakes.

"It sure is beautiful....." said Ayrie, wistfully gazing at the stars.

Shuya's Soldiers
09-07-2004, 03:43 AM
"We come looking for the Scry." There are still a lot of questions lingering in her mind, about the Metropolis, the fate of the Magi and the rest of their kind, but those can wait. For now, Shade only wanted to ask one thing. "You say you can help, but what is it do you want in return?"

"I only ask one thing. That you will take some of us with you when you leave."

The young Mage straightened her hair and faced Mist and Shade.

"We have lingered too long in the exposed part of the city. If the Shadows come by, they will not stop to question who you are before they kill you. The fact that you are outside in daylight is good enough for them.

Follow me. We must find shelter. Then I will tell you how we are going to find this 'Scry'."

The Mage ducked under one of the stalls and beckoned the sisters after her.

Ayrn
09-07-2004, 03:23 PM
"It difinately is..." She said shyly wiping a tear from her eye. The pure simplistic beauty reminded her terrbily of her home land, a place to which she would never return.

Shuya's Soldiers
09-07-2004, 05:51 PM

"...........you know........this is going to be first time a member of the Magi stepped out of this Jungle in about 500 years..."

Ayrie smiled to herself and nodded gently.

".......yeah....."

"Come on. Lets go."

Phell smiled at his Familiar's bravado. The colour was beginning to return to his face, and his eyes sparkled with life like they did before.

The group walked on, past small lakes and through desert. Finally, they halted. Not far away was the Crimson River and The Steel Tree. Phell sighed in both nervousness and wonder, and spoke.

"We will approach the Tree and the River with you, but we cannot address them. We are but humble servants to the Ancients of Wyldearth, and to speak out of turn would dishonour them.

You, on the other hand, they will definetly want to speak to. It was a brave thing you did, especially with a child growing inside you. And it might even have averted the destruction of this planet...."

"I expect you'll want to leave after this, Ayrn. You're welcome to stay around, of course, but if you do go, it was good to meet you. I'm sure we'll see each other again one day."

Ayrie swallowed, and looked towards the River and Tree.

"Come on. We don't want to keep them waiting."

Adrian Straylight
09-07-2004, 05:58 PM
Adrian stood up and turned away from Res, who was still lying on the floor. He turned and took off his hat to Ayrn, as she walked towards the Tree with Phell, Ayrie, and Beatrix in tow.

"Miss Ayrn. You are back earlier than I expected.

My name is Adrian Straylight. It is a pleasure to meet you at last."

Ayrn
09-07-2004, 07:06 PM
She gazed with wonder at Phell and Ayrie. The wonder they themself felt rubed of on her. For the first time she really begain to understand what had truely transpired. She was at a lost for words at what to say to them. They who had so bravely come with her, who had risked their lives for the quest.
"Phell, Ayrie...I.... Thank you"
As Adrian came forward she gave him a slight dip. "Adrain" She said politely, unsure of how to address him. In her consern she blurted "Is Res alright?"

Adrian Straylight
09-07-2004, 07:34 PM
"Oh, Res is fine. He's a tough one, but he needs his rest now." Adrian turns his head for a moment, as if listening to something.

"The Tree and the River are very grateful for your services. They wish to talk to you, and would like you to present them with the Weapon.

I'll let you know if Res wakes up. I'm sure he shall want to talk to you again...."

Mist and Shade
09-08-2004, 02:26 PM
"I only ask one thing. That you will take some of us with you when you leave."

Shade did not even had a chance to complain, for the moment that the young girl scampered of towards the stalls, Mist had already joined her. Shade did not want to get in the middle of things, her plan was to get the Scry, find the goddess and go back to their world. Not in anyway include themselves in the Magi war.

Mist however had other plans. The girl was right, Metropolis had changed so much since the last time they were there. In fact, in changed as much as they have. She knew her kind, they were relentless. If they kept the Magi within the city, pretty soon, none of them will be left. They had to help.

Wherever the young mage went, she would find Mist and Shade directly behind her. Not only were they fast, but they can dart in a way only shadows can.

Ayrn
09-08-2004, 05:22 PM
"Oh, Res is fine. He's a tough one, but he needs his rest now." Adrian turns his head for a moment, as if listening to something.

"The Tree and the River are very grateful for your services. They wish to talk to you, and would like you to present them with the Weapon.

I'll let you know if Res wakes up. I'm sure he shall want to talk to you again...."
She laid her hand lightly on his arm 'Thank you". She turned and walked slowly the river and tree. She kent solemnly, the staff resting on her knee, head bowed.

Beatrix
09-08-2004, 07:05 PM
:bigsmile: As Ayrn held the Staff out before the tree, Beatrix jumped up and down with excitement.

Scuttling over to where Ayrn knelt, Beatrix plonked herself on the ground next to her.

"Ayrn!!" she said *:grin:

Shuya's Soldiers
09-08-2004, 07:14 PM

Both the tree and the river bathed Ayrn in a feeling of warmth and gratitude as they stared down at the Weapon.

"Ayrn. We are eternally grateful for returning our Weapon to us. It has been hidden for far too long, and these are desperate days."

"I am impressed. You even attempted to keep our Weapon out of harm's way. The Spirit told us how you cast your first Protect spell to save our Weapon from harm.

A flawed attempt, as she IS virtually indestructable, but the sentiment is appreciated."

"Yes. It is indeed good to have the Weapon back. She seems to have taken quite a shine to you as well *;) "

Beatrix
09-08-2004, 07:17 PM
"Beatrix! Weapon! Ayrn!!!"

Beatrix looked at Ayrn and giggled.

:thumbleft:

Shuya's Soldiers
09-08-2004, 07:19 PM

"Oh, by the way, would you mind telling us why you are carrying around that large stick that your holding in your hand?"

Ayrn
09-08-2004, 07:29 PM
"She seems..." She blinked and mouth agape she turned to look at Beatrix. "I... The child is the weapon? But I assumed... "

Fraxlyr Mon
09-08-2004, 07:31 PM
Frax..........

Frax's eyes snapped open.

Frax.........come to us.......

Where was that voice coming from?

Looking around The Tamer's ship for a moment, he remembered where he was....

Frax.......join us on the mount...........

We will take away your pain.....

He didn't want to become another Felix clone. He didn't want it.

But even less did he want to stay here, where his transformation would eventually complete itself.

He may end up killing The Tamer and Imlay if he changed........

Rousing himself, Frax projected an energy sword in his hands. Slicing through the hull, he kicked off into the air, and began to fly towards the light that he saw in the distance.....

Shuya's Soldiers
09-08-2004, 07:41 PM

"What? You thought we would send you into the dangerous Jungles of Wyldearth to retrieve a stick? In all honesty, Ayrn, exactly what use could we find for a part of a tree? If it had been as simple as that, I would have summoned a dog...."

"There you go again! This Angel has done us a fabulous service, and you insult her for it!" the river interupted.

"My dear, you probably have many questions for us. I shall explain.

Many millenia ago, at the birth of Creation, each universe was given several powerful weapons. Sentient weapons. Weapons that would choose whom to serve, and intercede on their masters actions if needs be.

These weapons are numerous. Sometimes they disguise themselves as knives, or swords. Other times, they disguise themselves as compasses, guns, or lances.

They are called The Vexlus Weapons.

Beatrix is one of the first of them. She was placed on this planet long ago, for safe keeping. One day she will leave, and she will choose which master to follow."

Beatrix
09-08-2004, 07:44 PM
"Ayrn!!!" *:smile:

Beatrix gave Ayrn a big hug.

Shuya's Soldiers
09-08-2004, 07:51 PM

"Well, she certainly seems taken with you........"

the Tree paused mid sentence. He felt a power approaching.......

Far in the distance, the Tree, the River, and all those gathered around them could see the flying image of Frax as he approached.

"Yes brother. I feel it too.

The time has come.

Ayrn, I believe Beatrix will obey any command you give her. Should any violence occur, I urge you to use her in defence only.

The coming of the individual we see has been prophesized for years to come. You are about to witness a true miracel....."

Shuya's Soldiers
09-08-2004, 08:00 PM
Shade did not even had a chance to complain, for the moment that the young girl scampered of towards the stalls, Mist had already joined her. Shade did not want to get in the middle of things, her plan was to get the Scry, find the goddess and go back to their world. Not in anyway include themselves in the Magi war.

Mist however had other plans. The girl was right, Metropolis had changed so much since the last time they were there. In fact, in changed as much as they have. She knew her kind, they were relentless. If they kept the Magi within the city, pretty soon, none of them will be left. They had to help.

Wherever the young mage went, she would find Mist and Shade directly behind her. Not only were they fast, but they can dart in a way only shadows can.

The young Mage ducked under a wooden block and crawled through a small door.

Inside was a sparsely furnished, cramped room. The Mage waited until Mist and Shade were inside, then closed the door and grabbed a piece of bread. In turn, she passed bread to Mist and Shade also.

"Eat. You're going to need your strength. There's no point in doing anything by day. We'd be seen and killed before we could go anywhere important. We'll have to wait for night."

The Mage bit hungrily into the bread and made a soft, satisfied moaning sound. Just by the look on her face, the Shadows could tell she was starving.

"So you're after the Scry then. I haven't heard about it in a long time. Rumour has it that the Shadows tried to destroy but failed. If they have it, I know where they'd probably hide it.

In the meantime, I'm sure there are plenty of questions that you wish to ask me, now please feel free.

Firstly, My name is Drayf. And you are?"

Ayrn
09-08-2004, 08:18 PM
"Ayrn!!!" :smile:

Beatrix gave Ayrn a big hug.
A dumbfounded Ayrn looked down at Beatrix with raised eye brows. Truely this was not what she had been exspecting. *She was bursting with questions about the crazy negation fellow but kept her mouth shut, waiting to understand of what the crimson river spoke.

Fraxlyr Mon
09-09-2004, 01:06 PM
Landing a few yards away from the Steel Tree, Frax moved as if he was drunk. He stepped carefully forward, eyeing each individual closely.

The faded mark of a Ligis rested on his bare chest, and on his right palm, Ayrn and her friends saw another Ligis, burning brightly in the sun.

Licking his parched lips, Frax tried to speak.

"........have been called here......." he began, but shook himself as if trying to clear his head.

"I have been called here to kill you all! To take the Weapon and suck the life from your corpses! No!!!! I seek peace!!! I seek serenity!! I seek freedom from this damned body!!!

"This resistance is only a passing phase. The vessel that speaks to you is nothing more than a cheap copy of the Original Felix....." *

To Ayrn, it seemed like Frax was speaking with two voices. Falling to his knees, Frax's hands grasped up to his long, blue hair.

Suddenly, it began to fall out in great chunks, leaving a wide bald spot that took over his head.

Then, everyone realised what was happening. Frax was beginning to look exactly like the Negation agent that Ayrn had fought in the Jungle!

"Graaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh!!!!!!!"

As Felix took control, Frax leapt up with a terrible cry and prepared to attack.....

Ayrn
09-09-2004, 08:05 PM
More than a little confused with it all Ayrn shouted to Beatrix "I don't really know what you can do but now would be a good time!" Offical weapon or no she used the staff to pulvaut herself forward and and then lifted it up to strike Felix hard on the left side of his face.

Fraxlyr Mon
09-10-2004, 04:07 AM
Frax/Felix took Ayrn's blow. It knocked him backwards a little, but he quickly righted himself.

Frax was fast losing the battle for his mind to Felix. He was physically beginning to change more and more.

Frax didn't want to kill these people, but Felix certainly did. Frax/Felix faced Ayrn again. This time he brought both of his glowing hands forward and fired a devastating bolt of energy....

Beatrix
09-10-2004, 04:18 AM
On Ayrn's command, the childish smile faded quickly from Beatrix's face. Now she stared forward as if she was a robot.

Jumping to her feet, she stood right in front of Ayrn, taking the brunt of Frax/Felix's energy blast.

For a moment, the blaze was too bright for anyone to see anything clearly. Then, as it faded, everyone saw what had happened.

Beatrix was still standing there, little different from before. A little spark, left over from the blast, flickered on Beatrix's shoulder and then died out.

Ayrn's command had been "do what you can........."

Suddenly, Beatrix lunged forward, delivering a flurry of the fastest Kung fu, Karate, Ninjitsu, and every other concievable marshal art that Ayrn had ever seen.

Spinning around, she delivered an immaculate One-Inch Punch that slammed like a hammer into his chest.....

Fraxlyr Mon
09-10-2004, 04:32 AM
The shock of the attack allowed Frax to fight back against Felix's control briefly.

"You've lost, Felix. I die, and so do you. There's no way you can stand up to these warriors"

Oh, how wrong you are, Frax. There are many of my clones that remain in this universe. All that they need is someone to unite them again. If you are not the one to re-build their psychic link to each other, then another one will.......

And I am far from finished with these 'warriors'. You shall see my greatest power soon......

As Frax struggled with Felix's mind control, he happened to glance at the base of the Steel Tree, where Res sat. For a brief second, he caught Res's eye, but weakened, he staggered backwards again.

Projecting a sword of energy from his hand, he faced Ayrn and Beatrix....

Ayrn
09-10-2004, 09:10 PM
She stumbled back in an atempt to protect herself but when no fire came she opened her eyes to find Beatrix in front of her. The shock caused her to realese a sonic boom large enough to not only to push Felix over but to drive him several feet backwards and into the ground with devistating effect.

Res
09-10-2004, 09:55 PM
A blue mists whirlwinded around the place as Res woke up and appeared standing on the ground. His eyes opened to this strange world again and he could only notice the battle. That made him angry as he was hoping to let all this violence far deep out of his memory. His eyes started glowing in a blue blaze before he caught the sight of Ayrn. That vision of the golden angel made him feel reassured, to know that she was still living and also because he wanted to see her again. "What is happening? Are you fine angel?". The question fleed to Ayrn and the other person who was with her while he was quantifying the threat from whoever was facing the angel.
He wouldn't allow anyone to harm her.

Ayrn
09-11-2004, 06:23 AM
Still in a battle stance she glance over her shoulder and let out a cry of surprised delight "Res!"

Fraxlyr Mon
09-11-2004, 12:39 PM
Frax/Felix landed hard.

"Give it up, Felix! There's no way you can face me and two Firsts at the same time!!!"

"Exactly, you foolish Clone.

Destroy one, and the other will fall easily....

Frax/Felix charged forward, wielding an energy sword.

However, at the last second, he changed direction. Using his left to project a shield and defend himself from Ayrn and Beatrix, he swung his right hand towards Res, aiming for the throat.....

Ayrn
09-11-2004, 03:48 PM
Ayrn was to quick for him. She lunged as she had done with Beatrix, nocking Res aside and out of harms way. This time however she found herself rather unmodestly stradeling him. Blushing terribly she pushed herself up in time to stend another sonic blast at Felix, one that fuled by her emotion was twice as strong, and then offered her hand. She winced a little and said "sorry" with her head at the ground and not his face.

Fraxlyr Mon
09-11-2004, 06:29 PM
Frax/Felix countered Ayrn's attack with his Fireshield. The Felix part of Frax was growing angry. His power increasing, Felix began to gather himself to hurl a ball of Unholy fire towards Ayrn....

".......don't think you can get rid of me that easily...."

"Silence Frax. You were never a match for me. Now, once I take your soulless body, you will actually serve a purpose for once in your life....

"....... But i know your weakness....."

"Fool. I have no weakness."

A smile flickered across Frax/Felix's face.

"Imlay."

"......."

"You were to be married to her once. She loved you once."

"Silence! She betrayed me! She betrayed me with another!!!!"

"Charon forced her, and you know it! There is still good within you!"

"How dare you?!? I am Felix! I am the bringer of the Apocalypse!! There is no weakness within me!!"

As he battled within his mind, Frax projected a blue energy sword within his left hand. The Ligis on his right hand glowed evily. He knew what he had to do.

"Maybe not.......

But there is in me!!!!!"

With those words, Frax brought the sword down hard on his Ligis-hand, striking it cleanly off, immersing each of Frax's senses in terrible pain.

But through the pain, he noticed what was different. He could no longer hear the voice of Felix in his mind........

Shuya
09-11-2004, 06:51 PM
in the silence, the Spirit appeared once more. He stared down on the wounded Frax, his ghostly white hair hanging down over his shoulders and glistening slightly in the light.

"Fraxlyr Shenath Rylana Mon. You would rather sever your own Ligis, the centre of your power, from your body, than submit to the evil within you.

You are a true warrior. I am glad that in this reality, it is you that performs this act for this planet."

Fraxlyr Mon
09-11-2004, 06:53 PM
Through his terrible pain, Frax managed to look up at the Spirit.

"whu.....who ARE you?"

Shuya
09-11-2004, 07:00 PM
"Who am I?"

The Spirit smiled gently.

"I am the nameless soul that has been waiting your arrival for millenia.

This Ligis, this thing of evil that you carried on your hand, will change. It brims with power. Power that has, until your recent revelations, been put to the wrong use.

The Spirit gestured to Frax's severed hand.

"Now is the time of this planet's renewal.

Now comes the first step in the climb that will allow the Magi to rise again!"

Adrian Straylight
09-11-2004, 07:05 PM
Straylight stepped forward as if on cue. Unafraid, he reached down, and picked up Fraxs severed hand.

With his usual confident smile, he turned and adressed the others.

"I am glad you are all here to witness this. The event that is about to come to pass will pull this planet back together.

The old order will be restored.

Now watch. Watch, so that one day you may tell your grandchildren that you were there, and you saw the wonders with your own eyes.

You were there when the Lord of the Magi was reborn!"

Straylight muttered a prayer under his breath, and gently dropped the Ligis-bearing hand into the depth of the Crimson River....

Shuya's Soldiers
09-11-2004, 07:09 PM
.......and as he did so, the River began to bubble slowly as it heated up.

Ayrie and Phell both dropped to their knees, their heads face down, muttering desperate prayers, daring to hope that what was happening truly was happening............

The Spirit was no longer anywhere to be seen.......

Suddenly, the Crimson River lit up with a bright, dazzling beam of light.......

Shuya
09-11-2004, 07:17 PM
......and a shape appeared.

Slowly rising out from the depths of the Crimson River came a First with long, silver hair, a powerful masculine figure, eyes that glowed with the gold of the Magi, and two beautiful angel wings that sprouted out of his back and grew the length of his arm.

He opened his mouth. And when he spoke, the words washed over all who watched like a smooth wave made of silk.

"It has come to pass.

The Silver-haired one has returned to his world.

I am Shuya. Lord of the Magi.

And I am reborn!!!

Mist and Shade
09-11-2004, 08:16 PM
"Eat. You're going to need your strength. There's no point in doing anything by day. We'd be seen and killed before we could go anywhere important. We'll have to wait for night."

Firstly, My name is Drayf. And you are?"

Shade arched an eyebrow as she entered the room. "How quaint." she said, looking up and down at the room. "We have transcended. Although, we still enjoy the taste of food, we no longer need it to survive. You can go ahead and eat -- " Shade's thoughts were interrupted by Mist's movements.

Mist unlike Shade had enjoyed every advantage of their new being, willing to experience every different moment it opened. Mist reached for the bread, and gently tore it piece by piece, nibbling, her long, dark lashes draping close everytime she took a bite.

Rolling her eyes, Shade proceeded to answer the young mage. "I am now known as Shade and that is my sister, Mist." Looking around once more, Shade gave Drayf a discerning look. "So, this is how the great Magi clan live now? Hidden, lurking, eating scraps? I must say, i'm disappointed. With such great power, they missed making sure all their kind are safe before they cast the spell. Maybe... they didn't care for the ones that were left behind," Shade said, sneering at the young girl.

Res
09-12-2004, 01:22 AM
Embarrassed as he saw Ayrn blushing, he looked at her silently for a millisecond and wanted to thank her for saving his life (again). But he didn't have time as she faced the threat again with a sound blast or something like that. His sens were actually a little trouble and he wasn't sure of what energy it could have sensed. Jumping, he stood up and took side closely with the angel.

Thank you "he finally said quickly but sincerely" I am in your debt for eternity.

Then unexpected events happened with their adversary who was more fighting his own demons than Ayrn and himself. Still, he upgraded his energy to be ready if a danger came close to the angel but kept his attention on the revelation. He felt suddenly deeply sorry for Ayrn as life was like bringing her so much torment but when he looked at her, he saw a strong determination, a will to live. Delicately, his hand touched her shoulder.

Shuya?

Shuya
09-12-2004, 05:19 AM
Shuya gently lowered himself to earth, gingerly taking his new bodys first steps. Where his feet touched the ground, little flowers and pieces of grass began to grow where before there was only sand.

"Res? Ayrn? I thank you from the very bottom of my heart. Everything you have done on this planet has culminated in this moment."

Shuya jumped high in the air, his wings allowing him to glide upwards, *through Wyldearth's atmosphere, and back again.

"Oh, it feels so good to be alive again!!!!!" *:D

Landing before them, the white-haired First grinned widely.

"There is something i've wanted to do for a very long time now....."

approaching Ayrn and Res, he reached out and hugged them tightly in happiness.

Shuya's Soldiers
09-12-2004, 05:24 AM

"Our Lord has returned to us!!! The God of Wyldearth has returned!!!"

"Hip hip Hooray!!!!"

The Familiar and the Ice mage hugged each other and danced around, completely forgetting who they were in the presence of...

Shuya's Soldiers
09-12-2004, 05:50 AM
Shade arched an eyebrow as she entered the room. "How quaint." she said, looking up and down at the room. "We have transcended. Although, we still enjoy the taste of food, we no longer need it to survive. You can go ahead and eat -- " Shade's thoughts were interrupted by Mist's movements.

Mist unlike Shade had enjoyed every advantage of their new being, willing to experience every different moment it opened. Mist reached for the bread, and gently tore it piece by piece, nibbling, her long, dark lashes draping close everytime she took a bite.

Rolling her eyes, Shade proceeded to answer the young mage. "I am now known as Shade and that is my sister, Mist." Looking around once more, Shade gave Drayf a discerning look. "So, this is how the great Magi clan live now? Hidden, lurking, eating scraps? I must say, i'm disappointed. With such great power, they missed making sure all their kind are safe before they cast the spell. Maybe... they didn't care for the ones that were left behind," Shade said, sneering at the young girl.

http://forumcorp.com/jsanborn/images/avatars/gallery/X-Men_Movies/rogue-02.jpg Drayf

Drayf was suddenly very tempted to call forth the Spell of Cursed Fire and torch the damn Shadow witch for her insolence.

However, if she was ever to get out of this place, she'd need someone who hadn't been hit by the Spell, so she held her tongue.

"It was during the time of Peace. Almost a thousand years after the first Magi war ended. The clans loved each other greatly at the time when the Shadows attacked us.

Those of us that are trapped here knew of the risks when we attacked the Metropolis. We knew we may never get out again, but we did it anyway, out of love for those we left behind. It was mostly the Clans of Fire, Earth and Wind that are trapped here, but I know that there are still clans outside the Metropolis.

Oh, the Magi clans are still proud, Shade. I am proud, because every day I spend foraging for scraps and killing your kind means that my family and my.....my fiance had a chance to live out a full life in comparative peace."

Drayf swallowed the bread and sighed.

"Look at me. How old do you think I am?"

Ayrn
09-12-2004, 08:06 AM
She gasped as Frax cut off his own hand and at the change that over came him afterwards. Her stomach thretening to rebel she moved closer to Res for suport.

Then unexpected events happened with their adversary who was more fighting his own demons than Ayrn and himself. Still, he upgraded his energy to be ready if a danger came close to the angel but kept his attention on the revelation. He felt suddenly deeply sorry for Ayrn as life was like bringing her so much torment but when he looked at her, he saw a strong determination, a will to live. Delicately, his hand touched her shoulder.

Shuya?
The touch was comforting and she reached her own hand up to brush his slightly. She didn't truely understand why she felt so but she was glad that he was alright.

"There is something i've wanted to do for a very long time now....."

approaching Ayrn and Res, he reached out and hugged them tightly in happiness.

Though it was strange at fist to be able to touch him she burried herself is his arms. Hands still intwined about him she gave a huge smile "I am so happy for you."

Shuya
09-12-2004, 11:03 AM
As Shuya faced Ayrn and Res, a transformation began to take place on the landscape around them.

Bit by bit, the sandy ground began to metamorphosize into a dark, rich soil. Soon, long, lush grass sprang up to their ankles.

The dark, damaged sky cleared away, leaving only light, fluffy clouds and a brilliant blue.

Turning around, Shuya watched the landscape shimmer and change around them. Slowly, along the horizon, a large shape took form.

A large palace made of Crystal faded into view.

Shuya stared in amazement.

"My Crystal Palace!!! Why, it looks just like i remember it!!!"

He turned to Res and Ayrn.

"You both look tired and hungry. Join me in my palace! Tonight, we shall feast with the Magi, and celebrate the healing of this planet!!!"

Ayrn
09-12-2004, 03:19 PM
Ayrn gave a quick glace at Res and took a step towards the palace. It was the most beautiful thing she had ever seen and her steps quickened as she reached out to pull Res along with her.

Shuya
09-12-2004, 03:41 PM
As they entered the palace, they were presented with a fantastic sight.

A large banquet table covered in the most exotic foods imaginable was the first thing that caught Res and Ayrn's eye. The smells coming from it were astounding. Even Shuya found his mouth watering a little. Being a spirit had made him forgot how good it was to eat.

Remembering his manners, Shuya floated three ornate goblets full of Cosmic Creme over for Res, Ayrn, and himself. This delicious drink was magical, and never tasted the same twice, always changeing to suite the drinkers individual preference.

Shuya swept his hand out, indicating to the entire palace.

"Come, drink. The hospitality of the Magi is the stuff of legend. Enjoy it.

Now, would you like to eat first, or would you like a tour of this marvelous place?

There are many places to visit. The Observatory, the Garden, the Chambers, the Gym, the Maze, the room of Ancient Crystals, or of course, the banquet hall."

Ayrn
09-12-2004, 04:27 PM
Siping the strange dectible drink her eyes wandered around the room. The glory of it all was like nothing she had even seen. As Shuya spoke she turned her attention back to him. "Fod first please. I would love to see more of this magical place but I fear my exertions have left me quite starved. When we are finished perhaps we can see this room of crystals. Perhaps you can tell me about it as we dine.

Shuya
09-12-2004, 05:30 PM
"Ah, an excellent choice Ayrn."

Shuya led the two to their places and sat down himself. Summoning one of the many dishes to them, their plates soon became full as Shuya elegantly sampled various portions.

"Ah, wonderful. Being a spirit was all well and good, but one of the major downsides to dying is losing your tastebuds. In my first months of being vitally challenged, I experimented with food a little, but unfortunately it was pointless. You just can't get a good meal when you're dead."

Shuya's cup magically replenished itself as he spoke. The Mage God was certainly having a good time reminding himself of what all of his favorite dishes were.

"Anyway, you wanted to know about the room of crystals.

It serves a number of purposes. Firstly as the power centre for my palace, secondly as a storage space for rare crystals, thirdly as a defence system for the planet, and fourthly.......

Well, fourthly, it makes music. The most beautiful music in the universe. And the music has power.

I believe you fought a Negation soldier on this planet. He would certainly have wanted to find my crystal room, and he probably wanted to use Frax, the man who fought you outside, to do so as well.

I hope you won't hold that against Frax, by the way. He wasn't acting under his own will. I'm sure he will join us later, so he will probably want to apologise to you both."

Another plate, stacked with a strange golden-brown meat floated over to the trio.

"Aha, seasoned ChickenSteak from the far east. I remember this being delicious. Do help yourself."

Shuya leaned back in his chair and sighed in contentment, ready to answer any more questions that Res or Ayrn had.

Adrian Straylight
09-13-2004, 05:33 AM
Meanwhile, outside the Crystal Palace:

Straylight approached the wounded Frax.

"That was very brave of you, kid."

Fraxlyr Mon
09-13-2004, 05:39 AM
Frax looked up at Straylight. Thankfully, his wound had been burned shut by the energy sword, and hadn't bled at all. Despite that, movement was still absolute agony, and Frax was undestandably irritable.

"The names Frax. I didn't go through colossal amounts of trials and pain just to get called 'kid' by some guy with a hat and a gun."

He massaged his ribcage with his one good hand, and looked at Beatrix.

"I think that crazy lady cracked one of my ribs. Argh! Dammit, i'm in a bad way."

Beatrix
09-13-2004, 05:42 AM
"Cracked a rib!!!!" :excited:

Beatrix glanced around.

"Ayrn?" *:eh:

Shuya's Soldiers
09-13-2004, 05:52 AM

"Ayrn followed Lord Shuya into the Holy palace....."

"Lord Shuya did invite us to join him.....but...."

"I know, Phell. It doesn't seem right to sit and eat when the planet has just been reborn around us! This is a joyous day indeed!!

Are you thinking what I'm thinking?"

Phell smiled a little. His energy was fully restored now.

"Always, Ayrie. Always.

Come. This joyous news must be spread to the Clans in the jungle!!

The Magi will once more unite under the protection of their God. Finally, the old cities can be rebuilt and inhabited once more."

Phell hopped onto Ayrie's back. The Familiar and the Mage turned to Beatrix, Frax and Adrian

"We'll be back soon!! And we'll bring friends!! Hoorah!!"

Ayrie and Phell galloped off into the sunset.

Adrian Straylight
09-13-2004, 05:56 AM
Adrian watched the Mage and the Familiar leave.

"They're right. It is wonderful."

For a moment, Straylight watched Frax as he sat in pain.

"Frax, I can't bear to see you suffer like this.

Come. Bathe yourself in the Crimson River. It will take away your pain."

Fraxlyr Mon
09-13-2004, 06:03 AM
Obeying, Frax lowered himself into the river.

The second he did so, he was bathed in a beautiful golden light, healing his ribcage and filling him with a sense of well-being.

"What th....?"

Frax looked down at the stump of his wrist.

Only, it wasn't there anymore.

As if by magic, he was complete again. His severed hand had been restored.

"What in the name of......

What kind of miracle is this?!"

Turning his new hand over, he gazed at the palm that once held a Ligis. It had changed beyond recognition.

This time, instead of the green, malevolent Ligis, Frax found himself staring at a Grey Sigil on his palm.

"Straylight...what does this mean?"

Adrian Straylight
09-13-2004, 06:09 AM
Straylight lifted his shirt.

"It means that you and I have been chosen by this planet."

On the left hand side of Straylight's body, there was a small, Grey Sigil. Exactly like Frax's.

"You and I are the great Shuya's emmisarries now. You have found your chosen place in a hostile universe.

Here, you will never be a clone. Here, you are more than a whole person.

You are a true warrior."

Straylight smiled at Frax's amazement and stood.

"The Tamer has probably almost finished repairing his ship now. I will go and fetch him and Imlay.

Go into the palace when you are ready. They are expecting you sooner of later..."

Straylight turned, and began to walk back in the direction he had originally come from.

Res
09-14-2004, 04:11 AM
Passing the surprise of the appearance of the god of Magi, Rescue gave back a glance at Ayrn with a smile and followed his companion and host inside the majestic palace. It was nothing as he has seen before even his eyes already met extraordinaries constructions, natural or not and fantasy world. This day would end better than it was going he thought, even more now that he had the pleasure of Ayrn's presence. She could just by one song make things turn into beauty.
Enjoying the delightful meals and food was not difficult and Res listened carefully and with curiosity their host talking about his palace and its history. He raised his glass "to our gentle host who knows perfectly the art of welcoming" he said and then looking at Ayrn, smiled to her and kindly added "to golden angel who shines everyday more than the stars of the universe (and also saved twice my life)".

The seasoned chickensteak smelt very tastful and Res had to refrain a "stomach" unfortunate song with appetite.

"I agree that music has power but I never thought it could be so amazing and thrilling. Of course, that was before meeting and hearing lady Ayrn voice for the first time." He winked to her and smiled.
"That is a unique crystal, lord Shuya and after the people who live on it, maybe the most teasured thing on this planet. Would we be able to listen to its music? And maybe Ayrn could mix the Crystal's music with her extraordinary voice."

Shuya
09-14-2004, 07:16 AM
"You are too kind, Res. The honour is mine. It has been too long since any fellow members of the First graced my palace with it's presence. I drink to both of your healths!"

Shuya raised his goblet and swallowed the beautiful, creamy concotion. His hunger sated, he relaxed with a satisfied sigh.

"The room of crystals in indeed precious, Res. You could travel the universe all your life and never find anything like it.

Yes, people used to sing along with its music all the time in the old days. They did it on special occasions, to celebrate birthdays and great victories.

The last person who sang in that room would be......my mother. Her name was Amilaya......... She died many years ago...."

For a moment, Shuya lapsed into a contemplative silence as memories of his parents swam through his mind.

Shaking off the thoughts of their death, Shuya smiled, cheering up at the idea of someone new singing in the room of crystals.

"I have only ever heard Ayrn use her song in battle" he said. "If it can be as beautiful as it is powerful, I would very much like to hear it.

After our meal, I will show you the room, and if Ayrn gives her consent, there will be music. The room of crystals has remained silent for too long."

Shuya politely waited for his guests to finish their meal, then he would show them the room.

Ayrn
09-15-2004, 05:33 PM
Ayrn turned to give a slight laughing frown at Frax as he left. She was yet to be reassured of his change of heart but she trusted Shuya and kept her suspicions to herself. Snuggling to bask Ress kind words, her face took on a healthy glow of happiness. Still at the suggestion that she should sing she balked and while no one else saw the reaction scared her. Shaking it off she said, You may over estimate my voice dear gentlemen but I would be glad to sing for you. Besides these crystals interested me and truly I was hoping you would give me the opportunity. She blushed at bit more at the lie and shivered even in the warmth of the hall. After all that had happened it would take some time for her to relearn how to be truly happy again. She glanced up at Res and had to admit that she wouldn't mind him teaching her.

Shuya
09-15-2004, 07:43 PM
for a moment, Shuya was unsure if he sensed discomfort in Ayrn at the idea of singing. Yet she agreed to it, and appeared eager to do so. Maybe he was wrong....

"Wonderful! Thank you Ayrn."

Rising from his seat as their plates became empty, Shuya stepped towards the door on the far left-hand side of the room. Whispering some words to himself, Shuya made a brief hand gesture. The door sprang open. His wings folding into his back, Shuya led the guests through the door.

The room was pure marble white, with jagged, flashing edges of crystal lining the walls and adjourning shelves all around the room. Crystals, all different colours, shone briefly as Res passed. And as Ayrn walked around the room, each crystal that she passed made the noise of a different musical note. There was a small circle on the floor in the centre of the room, with the words "circle of song" carved into the ground around it. This was obviously the circle in which the singers used to stand.

"This is the Room of Crystals. The jewel in Wyldearth's crown. Whoever controls this room weilds the power of deities. Each crystal has different powers. Either of you, pick one up and see what they can do. They are not dangerous."

Ayrn
09-15-2004, 09:06 PM
Hesitantly she reached out two fingers to stroke a large clear cyrstal. As her fingers traced the jagged edge the whole crystal seemed to hum with boundless energy.

Res
09-16-2004, 06:40 AM
Res was astonished by the beauty of the Crystal room and such marvel made his eyes and heart thrill with infinite pleasure. As he walked, the crystals played with their colors like a silent symphony and sometimes, the dreamy one was like playing with their lights, moving his hand here and there like an orchestra's chief. The musical notes for Ayrn was really beautiful and with joy, he listened to the partition of the Crystal, which seem to be living.

He paused a moment as Shuya proposed them to touch a crystal, wondering of the reaction but the angel showed him not to fear. With a smile, he, at his turn, touched delicately one bright crystal. Instantly, it woke it up somehow, trnasferring a warm but so peaceful wave to Res. Soon he started to feel the power of music, maybe not all of it but he had a vision of the true melody, something that touched even his soul. His fingers stoped the contact and froze for a second.

But that wasn't the end of surprises as Ayrn was like shining even more than ever. He watched, all marvelled...

Shuya
09-16-2004, 06:42 AM
Suddenly, the crystal that Ayrn had selected gave off a brief, but mild, electric shock, juddering through both her and Shuya. It was enough to make them jump, but not enough to cause any real pain.

"What the....!?"

A magnificent light shone out of the crystal, lighting up the wall as if it was a projector. Shuya's happiness at being re-incarnated suddenly turned into confusion.

"The abilities of some of these crystals are still unknown.....

What is it doing.........?"

The light that shone from the crystal changed. Suddenly, it began to form moving pictures.

It was like watching TV.

The crystal showed them Elysia, like it had been when the First had only just been born.

The screen then split into two. One side showing a group of First and Secundae that grew sceptical of Elysia, leaving it within it's first few months.

The other side of the screen showed a number of angels, living in harmony on their home planet.

The screenshow went on for about half an hour. It showed snapshots of the histories of both the Angels and the First who left Elysia. While the Angels lived in relative peace, the depleted number of First settled on Wyldearth, lorded over by the more numerous Secundae.

The Angels went to war with against an old evil. Many died, but they battled on, eventually to be victorious.

The First joined forces with Wyldearth's Magi, and witnessed the birth of a new god. A small, white-haired boy, who was the heir to the throne of the First on Wyldearth.

After a time of relative peace, Angel scouts discovered an incursion into their airspace.......it was their first contact with the Negation.

On Wyldearth, the First revolted, and attacked the Secundae, initiating a war that would last decades.

And as the dust settled, only one survived. The white-haired First child, now sixteen, walked through the rubble, bleeding from many wounds.

But as he lay down to die, something strange happened. The Crimson River and The Steel Tree seemed to join together. Some kind of spell was cast.

As the white-haired First's Spirit left his body, it split in two......

Then the screen became one again. Ayrn saw her mother. Next to her mother, she saw a male First, who, apart from having completely black hair, looked exactly like Shuya....

Shuya's Soldiers
09-16-2004, 07:08 AM
Res was astonished by the beauty of the Crystal room and such marvel made his eyes and heart thrill with infinite pleasure. As he walked, the crystals played with their colors like a silent symphony and sometimes, the dreamy one was like playing with their lights, moving his hand here and there like an orchestra's chief. The musical notes for Ayrn was really beautiful and with joy, he listened to the partition of the Crystal, which seem to be living.

He paused a moment as Shuya proposed them to touch a crystal, wondering of the reaction but the angel showed him not to fear. With a smile, he, at his turn, touched delicately one bright crystal. Instantly, it woke it up somehow, trnasferring a warm but so peaceful wave to Res. Soon he started to feel the power of music, maybe not all of it but he had a vision of the true melody, something that touched even his soul. His fingers stoped the contact and froze for a second.

But that wasn't the end of surprises as Ayrn was like shining even more than ever. He watched, all marvelled...

As Shuya and Ayrn watched, the crystal that Res had touched lit up, and began to transform.

Res had touched the Crystal of Dreams.

Before his eyes, the crystal slowly morphed. It grew wings, and a small, slender body. Finally the wings began to flitter, and the little thing opened its eyes. Res found himself looking at a small creature known as a Dreamsprite.

http://www.cbreview.com/forums/images/avatars/gallery/Fantasy-Elmore-Color-Vol2/color-elmore-83.jpg Dreamsprite

".....my lord......" the little creature bowed to the First God of Dreams.

"How may I serve you?"

Ayrn
09-17-2004, 05:04 PM
Then the screen became one again. Ayrn saw her mother. Next to her mother, she saw a male First, who, apart from having completely black hair, looked exactly like Shuya..
She turned to him her body quivering slightly. Stutering slightly she liffted a trembeling hand to piont at the man in the crystal. "Shuya....?"

Shuya
09-18-2004, 12:32 AM
((edited my post like you asked, my dear ;) ))

Shuya stared at the crystal projection. It had just shown both Ayrn and Shuya's ancestory, and story up until the present day.

"I don't believe it...... the crystal......its as if it knows our lives...."

Shuya hid the hurt he felt as he saw his parents die in battle once more.

"That was my family.....

so that means..." He pointed to the figure that stood with Ayrn's mother

"That man must be your father....."

Ayrn
09-19-2004, 09:15 AM
Still shaking she turned to stare at him, compleatly ignoring Res and the dreamspirit. "Shuya.... He looks just like you...

Shuya
09-19-2004, 09:27 AM
Shuya continued staring at the crystals images.

"When I died, my soul was split....

Half of it went to the Afterlife..... but the other half...."

Shuya looked at Ayrn. After seeing the crystals images, they both knew the truth now. The other part of his spirit had stayed behind, in human form, and......

"Ayrn" Shuya whispered, his eyes welling up with joy

"I think I have a daughter......

And I think that you are her!"

Ayrn
09-19-2004, 09:33 AM
She blinked, realization yet to come. When it did her first reaction was not joy but a reawakened pain. "Why did he abandon me?" It was a question that had plagued her life and despratly needed an answer. *

Shuya
09-19-2004, 10:02 AM
"...a part of my soul was held behind here to give me some sort of anchor in this world. The part that stayed here contained my more.....unruly nature. The elements of my spirit that would have prevented me getting into heaven.

It is possible that my other half is quite the opposite of myself, with little consideration for the consequences of his actions."

Even though until a moment ago, he had been unaware that he had any offspring, Shuya still felt guilty that any part of him could ever abandon such a beautiful and vibrant young daughter. Somehow, he resolved, he would make it up to her.

"Much has happened in both of our lives, and if all of this means that I have a daughter, a family in you, then I regret none of it.

Look around you. You are my heir! When I pass away, all this will be yours. You are now a princess!

And.....I am ashamed of the behaviour of my other half.

I promise you I will find him, and then you shall have answers.

And one day, you and I shall avenge your mother together...."

Mist and Shade
09-19-2004, 11:05 AM
Drayf
Oh, the Magi clans are still proud, Shade. I am proud, because every day I spend foraging for scraps and killing your kind means that my family and my.....my fiance had a chance to live out a full life in comparative peace."

"Look at me. How old do you think I am?"

Mist stopped in mid-bite and looked at her twin sister. 'Did she say, 'fiance?'.

Shade's onyx eyes narrowed at Drayf. "You look to young to have a fiance."

Ayrn
09-19-2004, 11:27 AM
She reached forward and grabed him, barrying herself in his arms, her body trembeling all over. "The greatest reward it to have a father" she murmered into his shoulder. *

Shuya's Soldiers
09-19-2004, 05:55 PM
http://forumcorp.com/jsanborn/images/avatars/gallery/X-Men_Movies/rogue-02.jpg Drayf

"I'm 18. I've known my fiance since we were fourteen. He is from the Clan of the Thunder Magi. Our marriage would have settled the old differences between the Thunder and the Fire Magi.

He was the one and only man I've ever really loved...."

Drayf sat in silence for a moment, mulling over her memories. She was finding it hard to remember what her fiance's face looked like nowadays....

Snapping out of the daydream, she focused on the Shadows once more.

"Yes, I look too young to have a fiance. Do you know how long i've looked this young?

About fifty years. I can't tell for sure though. *

Even with a Mage's elongated life-span, he would be an old man by now.

See, time has no meaning here. The spell took care of that. No-one who is trapped here is going to age at all.

That's why I gotta get out of here."

Drayf reached up onto a shelf and pulled out a large map. Spreading it out on the floor, it became obvious that what she was holding was a floor plan of a large building.

"If they've got the Scry anywhere in this city, it will be in this building. I'm afraid I have no idea which floor though.

Sunrise is in two hours, so if we're gonna go get it, we'd better start thinking about how we get in and out..."

Shuya
09-19-2004, 06:20 PM
She reached forward and grabed him, barrying herself in his arms, her body trembeling all over. "The greatest reward is to have a father" she murmered into his shoulder.

Shuya hugged Ayrn back. The shock of gaining a daughter was countered by the thrilled realisation that he hadn't lost his family in the last Mage wars. His family was here. Ayrn was it. Relief washed over him.

"A First could not hope for a better welcome home than to find a daughter. And least of all, one carrying a grandchild inside her!"

He remarked as he felt the life beating within her.

"Tell me, who is the father? Is it this handsome young man here?" Shuya winked, pointing to Res.

Ayrn
09-19-2004, 07:43 PM
She blushed and lowered her head "Shuya... Father. The child is.. is Charons. When he came to our planet he.. he.. She sniffled and looked down at her feet, giving Shuya the first real look at the child she still was herself.

Shuya
09-20-2004, 02:05 AM
"Charon...."

The Mage god's face hardened at the name of his old enemy. He had battled Charon's minions across the heavens for many years, and had thought that returning to the realm of the living would mean finally hearing the end of Charon.

He had been wrong.

Placing a comforting hand on Ayrn's shoulder, he spoke re-assuringly.

"That demon has too many crimes to answer for. I thought I could hear nothing that made me any more disgusted with him, but it appears I was wrong.

Well, this time he will learn what it is to mess with the family of a Mage.

The clans of the Magi are re-united, and can be ready to mobilize and attack whenever I command them. It is about time someone took the fight to his precious Negation."

Around them, the room shifted slightly, creating a temporal vortex which would allow anyone to pass through to the Negation universe.

"Just say the word, my daughter, and we shall hunt this evil together."

Res
09-20-2004, 05:36 PM
Res smiled at the Dreamsprite and asked her to stop bowing when he heard the revelation about Ayrn's father. Shuya, lord of the magi and actuallly their host was. That froze him for seconds and his eyes looked at both of the father and the daughter finally reunited in this place. happiness, wandering, questions, there were all kind of feelings floating in the air and the dreamy first felt a bit unconfortable in such intimate meeting.

Finally the voice of the Dreamsprite echoed in his mind "May I help?"

Yes, Dreamsprite. Listen to my voice.

[i]Holding the Dreamsprite hand, Res closed his eyes for one second and transfered a wish to the Dreamsprite: To protect Ayrn and her child, from the dawn to the twilight.

That is how you may serve me... do you have a name?

His lips didn't move as he talked, to not break the meeting between Ayrn and her Father Shuya.

Lord Shuya... if I may speak. It might not be the time to walk to the war against Charon. I understand the motivation and feelings but your daughter has more with her child than risking to loose with a battle, as righteous could it be.

Shuya's Soldiers
09-21-2004, 02:42 AM
http://www.cbreview.com/forums/images/avatars/gallery/Fantasy-Elmore-Color-Vol2/color-elmore-83.jpg Dreamsprite

"I have no name, sir. Simply Dreamsprite. And as you are the god of dreams, you are the one my sisters and I pray to.

I will follow Ayrn and lend her what protection I can, lord. If you ever have further need of us, just call. We will always come to your aid."

The Dreamsprite became invisible and hovered near Ayrn.

Shuya
09-21-2004, 03:04 AM
Res smiled at the Dreamsprite and asked her to stop bowing when he heard the revelation about Ayrn's father. Shuya, lord of the magi and actuallly their host was. That froze him for seconds and his eyes looked at both of the father and the daughter finally reunited in this place. happiness, wandering, questions, there were all kind of feelings floating in the air and the dreamy first felt a bit unconfortable in such intimate meeting.

Finally the voice of the Dreamsprite echoed in his mind "May I help?"

Yes, Dreamsprite. Listen to my voice.

[i]Holding the Dreamsprite hand, Res closed his eyes for one second and transfered a wish to the Dreamsprite: To protect Ayrn and her child, from the dawn to the twilight.

That is how you may serve me... do you have a name?

His lips didn't move as he talked, to not break the meeting between Ayrn and her Father Shuya.

Lord Shuya... if I may speak. It might not be the time to walk to the war against Charon. I understand the motivation and feelings but your daughter has more with her child than risking to loose with a battle, as righteous could it be.

"........"

"Perhaps I am acting with too much haste...." Shuya paused, pondering the situation for a moment.

"I have an old score with Charon, Res. He found a way to send his evil into the afterlife while I was there. He destroyed many honest souls trying to take it....

You are right. While I have battled his forces across the heavens, I have never fought Charon on his own terms. It would be unwise to simply plunge my armies into Negation space....."

Shuya turned to Res and approached him.

"You seem to understand a lot about this universe, Res. Tell me of your previous experience with the Negation."

and then he whispered

"And by the way, I heard the order you gave to the Dreamsprite. It is good to know that my daughter is being looked after.

Between ourselves, I think she's taken quite a shine to you too *;) "

Ayrn
09-21-2004, 08:59 PM
As Res and Shuya talk a strange change comes over Ayrn. It is almost as if she is turning evil. With no word she suddenly disapears not to be heard from for several months. The suddely a cry echos in the minds of Res and Shuya, a cry of such desperation the can not help but answer.

http://www.cbreview.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=670

Shuya
09-22-2004, 05:09 AM
For months, Shuya was distraught, focusing all his energy on finding his lost daughter. He sent Magi scouts out to all the corners of the multiverse, but came up with nothing.

Then one day, as he was sat brooding in the room of crystals, he heard a faint cry.

Finally, he had found her.

Without wasting a second, he activated a portal within the room and plunged through it, ready to face whatever evil may have taken Ayrn away......

Res
09-22-2004, 07:31 AM

"I have no name, sir. Simply Dreamsprite. And as you are the god of dreams, you are the one my sisters and I pray to.

I will follow Ayrn and lend her what protection I can, lord. If you ever have further need of us, just call. We will always come to your aid."

The Dreamsprite became invisible and hovered near Ayrn.

Res smiled at the Dreamsprite and thanked her.
Thank you gentle spirit... sprite. You and your sisters will be gifted with that power of dreams for eternity.

A small cloud appeared and swirled around the dreamsprite before forming a crystal necklace, concentrating the dreamy god powers in it, allowing them to reach the one they have to protect in her dream.

He couldn't do anything but smile at the lord of Magi after his comments, kinda embarrassed as well, but pleased. A scream, full of pain and sorrow twisted the air, shaking the dreamy god at his place. It was powerful and made him instantly vanish to where it cames from...[/i]

Fraxlyr Mon
09-22-2004, 08:49 AM
Outside the Crystal Palace, Frax bathed in the Crimson River until he felt completely healed. Giving a satisfied sigh, he stepped out of the River and dried himself.

Reaching up to scratch his head, he felt something odd....

All of his long, blue hair had grown back.

hmm he thought; I guess this is a sign that Felix is out of my system....

Frax grinned to himself and looked down at the hand that he had severed.

It looked as if it had never left his body....Frax took a moment to admire the Grey Sigil that lay on his palm.

The Negation invasion of the Bright Universe had failed spectacularily. In his own way, Frax was glad. Since discovering that he was just a clone of Felix, Frax's opinion of the Negation had severely dropped.

Maybe now's the time to go and find somewhere to settle down. Farm the soil. Do an honest's days work.

Yeah.....that'd be good.

Yeah. My warring days are over.....

But where do I start?

Imlay.....

The love of his life, Imlay, was little more than a spirit who clung to this realm simply because of her love for him. Somehow, that thought left Frax feeling depressed.

But that guy Shuya....he was a Spirit and this Tree and River thingy made him a new body....

Frax was suddenly struck by an idea. This planet seemed like the kind of place that had an agenda. Maybe they could use someone of Frax's abilities?

Well, to be honest, who couldn't?

With a smile on his face, Frax strolled towards the Crystal Palace, resolving to get talking to this "Shuya" guy and strike up some kinda deal......

Shuya's Soldiers
09-22-2004, 09:09 AM
Frax walked into the Crystal Palace to find it empty. From the top of the stairs, a figure that was very familiar to Wyldearth watched him intentely.

He had a good idea why the young Sigil-bearer was here. Maybe it was time to reveal himself....

http://www.cbreview.com/forums/images/avatars/gallery/Batman_Movies/bruce-wayne-clooney-01.jpg *Spyran

"Why, hello there!!"

Spyran, owner of the hotel and resort "Wyldearth Paradisio", walked down the stairs towards Frax...

Fraxlyr Mon
09-22-2004, 09:11 AM
"Who in the Flux are you?" *:eh:

Shuya's Soldiers
09-22-2004, 11:22 AM
http://www.cbreview.com/forums/images/avatars/gallery/Batman_Movies/bruce-wayne-clooney-01.jpg Spyran

"Just a businessman. I run a very profitable resort on Wyldearth. It tends to shift into different realities all the time, though."

Spyran smiled at Frax and offered him his hand. Frax shook it in bewilderment.

"Now, I happened to be in pretty good with the 'Powers That Be' on this planet.

I also know a bit about your situation. That was quite some display that you put on outside for us!

So, let me guess.......

You came here with those two other guys, Adrian Straylight and The Tamer, and the spirit of Imlay, yeah?

And now you've come marching in here, wanting to do a deal to get Imlay a body back?"

Fraxlyr Mon
09-23-2004, 03:38 AM
Frax eyed Spyran up and down for a second. He was surprised at the amount that Spyran new about his situation, but he would be damned before he showed it.

Instead, he acted calm and relaxed.

"So I guess you've pretty much got my number, dude." Frax smiled and walked closer to Spyran.

"So since you know so much, do you know if there's someone around that can help me out?"

Shuya's Soldiers
09-23-2004, 05:17 AM
http://www.cbreview.com/forums/images/avatars/gallery/Batman_Movies/bruce-wayne-clooney-01.jpg Spyran

Spyran smiled, his eyes glinting slightly in the half-light.

"Why.....yes.....

As a matter of fact, I can do it myself. It's no big deal, really. Only, i'll need something in return...."

Fraxlyr Mon
09-24-2004, 04:29 AM
Frax was a little disturbed by the glint he saw in Spyran's eye. This man was giving him the creeps.

"Hold on a sec.

Say I go off and perform whatever task you're gonna set for me...... how do I know Imlay's gonna get a new body. How do I know you can even do it?"

Imlay
09-24-2004, 04:33 AM
Not far away, on board The Tamer's ship, the spirit of Imlay felt a strange tingling sensation.

Rising up through the air, she began to head towards the Crystal Palace.....

Shuya's Soldiers
09-24-2004, 04:42 AM

Spyran chuckled a little.

"Alright, alright my paranoid little friend. How about this for a demonstration of good will?

I'll bring her back, right here, right now.

All I need is a drop of your blood..."

Fraxlyr Mon
09-24-2004, 04:59 AM
"A.....drop of my blood....?"

Frax stared ahead. Somehow, he couldn't seem to imagine not complying to Spyran's request.....

Lifting his finger up to the light, he projected a small dot of energy that just broke the skin.

Two drops of Frax's blood fell to the floor......

Imlay
09-24-2004, 05:11 AM
Imlay approached the Crystal Palace, as if drawn by some kind of magnetic force.

She drifted through the wall slowly as the first drop of Frax's blood hit the floor.

She stopped.

She wasn't floating anymore......

Glancing down at her hands, she stared with surprise.

"I'm.......human......"

Fraxlyr Mon
09-24-2004, 07:35 AM
Frax turned as Imlay spoke.

:shock: "Holy Gods!!!"

Rushing to her, Frax ran his hand across Imlay's face and through her hair.

"You're alive! You're here! this is.....I mean....oh Gods, Imlay!"

Frax was overcome. He hugged the beautiful Imlay to him.

"I can't believe......"

Frax turned to Spyran

"You.....how did you do this?"

Imlay
09-24-2004, 07:38 AM
"Oh Frax! Oh my love!" Imlay hugged Frax back hard, tears of joy streaming down her face.

"I never dreamt that this day would come!"

Shuya's Soldiers
09-24-2004, 07:51 AM

"Ahem."

Spyran enjoyed watching little reunions like this. It was a shame he didn't have the time for it.

"So, it seems you have got each other back.

Now Frax, it is your turn to do something for me."

He advanced down the stairs towards Frax.

"I find love is quite a powerful force in matters like this. This is why i'm rather pleased that you both came along when you did."

Approaching Imlay, he smiled at Frax.

"Imlay is back, yes.

But still, what is to stop you both walking out of here without repaying me for what i've done for you? oh no, that won't do.

So i'm going to employ something I call the 'Carrot-on-a-stick' approach....."

Time seemed to freeze.

Suddenly, a burst of power shot out from Spyran's fingers, hitting Imlay square in the chest......"

Imlay
09-24-2004, 07:56 AM
"Aiiieeeee!!!!!!.........."

Imlay screamed as Spyran's attack hit her, and she tensed herself to meet death once more.

But it did not come.

As Spyran's power hit home, Imlay Dissappeared...... (http://www.cbreview.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=640)

Fraxlyr Mon
09-24-2004, 11:57 AM
In seconds, Frax was on Spyran with a projected energy knife.

"Bastard!! Bring her back, or i'll..."

But as he lunged, Frax suddenly faded into an opaque blur, passing straight through Spyran and failing to harm him in the slightest.....

"oh Gods, what have you done to us...."

Shuya's Soldiers
09-24-2004, 12:04 PM

"Oh, not to worry. I've just sent Imlay to a safe place while you perform your task for me."

Spyran watched the Grey Sigil on Frax's hand. It was glowing slightly.

"And I didn't REALLY do anything to you. If I remember correctly, it was you who did the lunging with the knife. I simply made sure you couldn't hit.

Well? Are you going to behave now?"

Fraxlyr Mon
09-24-2004, 12:07 PM
Frax looked up at Spyran as he began to feel his body fade back into itself.

He really had no choice. Do whatever Spyran said, or never see Imlay again.....

"......ok. What do you want me to do."

Shuya's Soldiers
09-24-2004, 12:11 PM

Spyran smiled. He was glad Frax was seeing sense. Waving his hand, Spyran created a portal next to him.

"Your job, Frax, is to find the seven crystals of the Silver Sun. Find them, and bring them to me. Then you shall see your Imlay again."

Fraxlyr Mon
09-24-2004, 12:20 PM
With bitterness in his heart, Frax stood up and walked towards the portal.

He couldn't lose Imlay. Not now. Not the very second he had got her back.

"Yeah. Fine. Whatever. I'll go."

As he reached the portal, he turned to Spyran with a menacing look.

"Oh, and by the way; when I find Imlay and these fragging crystals your sending me after, I'mna come back here and make such a mess of your face, that you'll have to use a straw to eat steak. Goodnight."

And with a resolved look on his face, Frax plunged into the portal... (http://www.cbreview.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=255)

Shuya's Soldiers
09-24-2004, 04:37 PM

Spyran shook his head and laughed a little as Frax left.

"Hah. My my, youngsters today really do have a lot of spirit..."

Spyran walked slowly out of the Crystal palace, his eyes glowing a powerful orange........

Mist and Shade
09-26-2004, 02:22 PM
((Sorry for the delay!))

"Yes, I look too young to have a fiance. Do you know how long i've looked this young? About fifty years. I can't tell for sure though. *

Mist was done eating at this point and stood a couple of feet away, listening to Drayf's tale. Fifty years... she couldn't even begin to fathom what it must have felt like to be separated from someone dear to her for that long. She leaned on the wall, tucked her rich dark locks behind her ear and looked down on the ground.

*Drayf reached up onto a shelf and pulled out a large map. Spreading it out on the floor, it became obvious that what she was holding was a floor plan of a large building.

"If they've got the Scry anywhere in this city, it will be in this building. I'm afraid I have no idea which floor though.

Sunrise is in two hours, so if we're gonna go get it, we'd better start thinking about how we get in and out..."

Shade sat on one of the ratty chairs, crosslegged, her index finger tracing the intricate patterns on her clothing, appearing bored, but was actually listening to every word that the young mage uttered. Mist was the dreamer, she would often space out in the middle of things, while Shade on the other hand was always observant, always aware of everything going on around her; every sound, every movement.

She crouched down on the floor, scanning the map Drayf placed down and taking the details in. Pointing at the top part of the map, she turned to the mage, "Something as important as the Scry would either be at the top most or the lowest level of the building." She studied the possible entrance and exits. "I have a good visual of the place. Melting inside would be plausible, unless it has a protection spell. My concern would be guards, not that we can't take them, but we need to know how many there are."

Shuya's Soldiers
09-27-2004, 05:20 AM

"We have been keeping this building under surveillance for a while. There are approximately ten guards at all times on the bottom floor, four at the front entrance, and two on both sides and on the back of the building. Unfortunately, its been too risky to find out any more.

Your best bet is to approach from the back. I will organise a distraction to draw the guards, and then follow you in.

The inner layout of the building may have changed slightly, but there are two main rooms that the Scry may be stored in."

Drayf pointed to a large room on the bottom floor.

"This is the Observation Room. It is very likely to be rigged with some form of alarm system, so don't touch anything unless its the Scry, and even then, your going to have to be ready to run."

Drayf's hand traced the building upwards and pointed to its highest tower.

"And this is the Sanctuary. No-one knows whats up here, but the Shadows seem to treat it as an inner sanctum. Only the most 'blessed' of them are allowed in there."

Shadows of Wyldearth
09-27-2004, 05:52 AM
Meanwhile, elsewhere in the Metropolis.......

KR'k drifted up the steps of the large building in the centre of the Metropolis.

".........Mssssst..........Shhhhd....."

he kept whispering to himself, mulling the names over in his head as if making sure what he had seen had been real.

He glided slowly through a door and into the topmost room of the building.

After a few steps, KR'k halted and bowed slightly to a small hooded figure that stood silently in a corner.

"Msssst......Shhhhhhde......bck........" said KR'k.

The hooded figure turned, and smiled. The smile was cold and calculating, without any element of amusement.

"Good.

Bring them."

Minity
09-30-2004, 07:24 AM
Minity appears in a burst of flame...however she is wrapped in her veil of privacy...and because of her newly claimed jewel around her neck, the veil has become even stronger, allowing her to hide not only from any form of mental or electronic scanners...but physical eyes as well....

she waits for both Qwaring and Shuya to arrive in her veil before she wanders off too far...

Qwaring
09-30-2004, 08:36 AM
**Qwaring steps out of the vortex with the Widgit device hovering beside him. The orange First glances around before casting his crimson eyes to Minity.**

When Shuya gets here we should explain to him that on this mission he serves us.
I'm sure you'll enjoy bossing him around.

**The god of gadgets smirks at his last comment and begins to look around once again.**

Now where's this Negation agent that we seek?

Adrian Straylight
09-30-2004, 09:14 AM
Adrian had been out searching the local villages for engine parts when he saw the Vortex flash outside the palace. At first, he had thought it might be Shuya returning with Ayrn, and had ran to meet him.

Suddenly, the Vortex had snapped closed. Nothing had come through it. Maybe Shuya had just opened it by mistake?

Straylight reminded himself that Shuya wasn't the only one who used Vortexs......... and there were some higher beings that were capable of invisibility....

Straylight glanced around, unsure if he was just being paranoid or not.

"Anyone there?" he hazarded.

Minity
09-30-2004, 10:26 AM
Minitys eyes glow red as she looks at Qwaring...

dont worry about Shuya...Ill handle him, and he will most definately know who his superiors are :twisted:

Minity then notices Adrian....

OOh...I dont think he is a Negation officer...but lets play with him... :twisted:

Adrian Straylight
09-30-2004, 12:42 PM
"Hello?"

Straylight's hand hovered around his guns holster.

"Hm. Strange."

Straylight stepped back and leaned against the Steel Tree. Lowering himself to the ground, he crossed his legs and tipped his hat over his head. Sitting in this meditative position, he waited.....

Minity
09-30-2004, 07:28 PM
Minity snaps her fingers and a ring of fire appears around Adrian, hoping to keep him in one place...she then, allows Adrian to see her telepathically, so she doenst need to drop the veil and alert others of her prescence...

Where is the Negation...answer quickly! :twisted:

Adrian Straylight
10-01-2004, 03:33 AM
Adrian pushed the rim of his hat up so it no longer obscured his vision. The ring of fire completely surrounded him as the image of Minity filled his mind.

Still, he refused to panic.

"How many?

Good. Are they in range?

Ok, i'm going to need an exact height and angle please...."

To Minity and Qwaring, it seemed like Adrian was casually talking to himself....

Suddenly, Adrian pulled himself to full height and ripped his gun out from its holster at lightning speed. Adrian's eyes seemed unfocused, but his aim certainly wasn't. The barrel was pointing directly at Minity's forehead.

Adrian smiled.

"Now that wasn't a very pleasant introduction. Take down the ring of fire, and maybe we can talk like normal people....."

Minity
10-01-2004, 07:58 AM
the ring of fire only grows stronger as Minity looks much angrier...

Never mind...

her telepathic connection then ends and she disapeers fr his radar...but she doesnt take down the ring of fire...

Minity then talk to Qwaring in her veil of Privacy...

Pathetic mortals...

she then begins walking and lead Qwaring somewhere else...

Shuya's Soldiers
10-01-2004, 08:36 AM

Spyran stepped out of the Crystal Palace and walked towards the Steel Tree where Adrian was trapped by the fire.

He grinned slightly.

"Great start, Mr Straylight. Pointing your gun at a First was a very clever and responsible thing to do indeed. Especially when they too are looking to fight the Negation. :roll:

I thought you had grown out of that kind of behaviour?"

Qwaring
10-01-2004, 08:38 AM
**Qwaring wasn't paying attention to Minity's interaction with the mortal. Instead he was focused on Widgit's scans of this planet. He has the hovering gadget scanning for the unique particle configuration that is possessed by all matter from the Negation universe. It's a difficult process but with all of the orange First's power focused on the task he should be able to isolate individuals and objects from the Negation universe on this planet. When he notices Minity walking the god of gadgets follows while concentrating on his own search.**

((Shuya, I'll let you decide if Qwaring's scan can detect your characters and where it finds them.))

Adrian Straylight
10-01-2004, 08:40 AM
"A First!?" Adrian groaned in annoyance as the fire glowed hotter.

"This is going to be so difficult to explain away......

Erm, while your here, is there any chance of a little help?"

Shuya's Soldiers
10-01-2004, 08:48 AM
**Qwaring wasn't paying attention to Minity's interaction with the mortal. Instead he was focused on Widgit's scans of this planet. He has the hovering gadget scanning for the unique particle configuration that is possessed by all matter from the Negation universe. It's a difficult process but with all of the orange First's power focused on the task he should be able to isolate individuals and objects from the Negation universe on this planet. When he notices Minity walking the god of gadgets follows while concentrating on his own search.**

((Shuya, I'll let you decide if Qwaring's scan can detect your characters and where it finds them.))

Widgit beeped a little bit, and showed a faint reading around the vicinity of the jungle in the south. There was also a reading a little to the east, which appeared to be some kind of spaceship....

((Q, the spaceship belongs to The Tamer, who is on this planet repairing it. However, The Tamer isn't really around to post that much anymore. I don't think he'd mind if you inspected his ship for research into Negation technology if you want.

The reading to the south is that of Feral Felix, which is the reason why you guys came here in the first place ;) ))

Shuya's Soldiers
10-01-2004, 08:50 AM
"A First!?" Adrian groaned in annoyance as the fire glowed hotter.

"This is going to be so difficult to explain away......

Erm, while your here, is there any chance of a little help?"

"Hmmm. I'm not really supposed to get personally involved in these things, but oh well....."

Spyran dispelled the fire from Adrian and stood back."

Adrian Straylight
10-01-2004, 08:54 AM
"Thanks."

Adrian leapt up from the Tree and rushed forward.

This time he remembered to show a little respect.

"Hello? Are you still there, your excellencies? I must apologise, there seems to have been a mistake on my part...."

Qwaring
10-01-2004, 09:03 AM
**As soon as Widgit telepathically sends its information to Qwaring the god of gadgets reports its findings to Minity The orange First has the hovering Widgit create a holographic map of the area which shows to dots where the Negation matter is detected.**

There's a ship to the east and something or someone Negation to the south.
I'll go inspect the ship, since I doubt you'll enjoy digging through Negation technology. You can investigate the other signature, which if it's an individual I'm sure you'll have a ball questioning and playing with.

**Not giving the goddess a chance to respond Qwaring and Widgit vanishes as they teleport to the ship's location.**

Minity
10-01-2004, 10:06 AM
Minity was about to speak to Adrian yet again...but Qwaring tells her of the Negation agent to the south...her veil drops and Adrian can see Qwaring teleport away...and then Minity smiles devilishly as she disapears in a burst of flames...

she reapears in the location Qwaring gave her...she doesnt bother scanning the area...she assumes if there really is a Negation officer, he would sense the teleport...so she uses her powers instead...her eyes flare with blue fire and suddenly, 5 massive whirlwinds of pure blue flame form in the sky and touch down on the ground...destroying much of the forest in their path...

come out and play... :twisted:

Mattson
10-01-2004, 06:46 PM
Is about to open a teleportal to meet up with Minity agian but seeing her playing, opts for a comportal

Hello, luv. What fool has earned your ire today?

Minity
10-01-2004, 07:30 PM
Minity smiles at LM and waves...

OOOOooo...just hunting Negation agents for Millenium...

she puts her hands on her hips as if she did hunted Negation agents everyday...

whats up?

Mattson
10-01-2004, 07:50 PM
Your angels delivered your sphere and weren't very talkative. I wasn't sure what the message ment other then a good way to keep you next to my heart at all times so I figured I make sure you're safe before I go wandering about.

I've made a bit of peace with Night but I doubt a family reunion would be a popular thing now. After that I thought I might go talk with other First. Now that Mil's leading, I can work more on knowing them.

Interesting, Elixia says the unidentified guest is a half-blood called SG, Gator's kid. This could be a fun meeting.

Once you are done slapping around the Negation for our new leader, we should inspect the repairs to the more wild parts of the Quadrant.

Minity
10-01-2004, 11:58 PM
Minity smiled...

the orb was just to say hi...I had not seen you in some time...

How is the quadrant doing since my angels decided to nest there...they havent destroyed anything have they?

Minity then looks somewhat agitated by the mention of her stepson...

I swear...son of yours or not...that boy calls me a "harpy" again and Ill burn his tongue off!

Minity then leans in for quick kiss and then smiles...

this shouldnt take long...Im sure we can begin checking on the matrix quadrant soon...

Mattson
10-02-2004, 02:13 PM
Returns the kiss

Sil has returned and has gone to meet them. They haven't destroyed anything but they did provide Elixia with some flashy backup.

And don't let Night get to you. He's the product of his past. And I doubt marrying you while his mother is who knows where made his day.

Closes the comportal and heads to the Quadrant

Minity
10-02-2004, 08:32 PM
Minity watches LM vanish and then she holds her hands together and gets a dreamy look on her face...

ooooo my hunny bunny!

Power then flashes around her as she smiles devilishly and even more flames burst throught he forest...

stop hiding! :twisted:

Lawbringer NYXZ
10-03-2004, 09:51 AM
::Beside Minity a slash of green light cut through the air, the rupture widened into a Negation symbol. The blazed green for a moment and a figure emerged.

The being was taller then many First, his body completely covered in black leather. A black metal and leather mask covered his face. Burning eyes focused on the First before him. The body shimmered slightly as he moved forward. Scale like links covered his torso down to a belt emblazed with a glowing symbol of the Negation.

Without hesitation he lashed out with a left hook, as his fist met her face there was a crack that echoed through the forest. The unprepared Minity was knocked to the ground. He stood over her look down... his mask hiding any expression. He voice was like gravel as he spoke.::

Minity of the First... your Testing is at hand.

Minity
10-03-2004, 02:48 PM
Minity holds her face...and then glares at the Lawbringer before her...

how dare you...

then Minity quickly jumps into the air...and suddenly the massive vortexs of fire, quickly merge and then are unleashed directly onto the Lawbringer...Minity expects the Lawbring not to be annihalted...so she pulls out a broad sword and as her powerful attack disperses, she slams her feet into the lawbringers head, forcing his face to meet the ground...and then she quickly moves to plunge the sword into the lawbringers back...

Lawbringer NYXZ
10-03-2004, 03:03 PM
::Lawbringer pushed himself onto all fours and his burning eyes glanced over his shoulder to see Minity raise her sword. The Lawbringer shimmered and for a second there seemed to be two Lawbringers... as though she was looking at him through warped glass. Then he shifted no more...

Minity's sword came down in a thrust and impaled the Lawbringer to the ground. The blade slid through metal, leather and flesh. The spawn of Charon twitched violently clawing at the ground. Like an insect.

A black leather hand grasped Minity's hair, pulling her head back viciously. Something hissed violently in her ear and threw her to the side. The dark figure stood above the twitching form of the impaled Lawbringer and withdrew the sword and disgarded it.

The wounded creature rose to his feet to stand beside the second Lawbringer. They were the same. The wound closed quickly and grey ragged flesh could be seem through the damaged black armour.

As one they turned to Minity, two voices disjointed and dysharmonic grated from behind the masks.::

I am the Lawbringer NYXZ. The Forerunner. The Inquisitor.

The First's testing is at hand...