PDA

View Full Version : Kelesar: A Gothic/Cyberpunk World

Pages : [1] 2 3

Jason Sanborn
07-26-2004, 09:49 PM
Name: Kelesar

Surface Conditions: Days are 30 hours long. 10 hours of daylight and 20 hours of night. The surface is mostly earth-like, mountains, hills, forests, fields, etc. Cities are technologically advanced, and usually large cities. Some smaller towns and villages can also be found.

Ruler/Owner/Governing Bodies: Anarchy is the greatest force on Kelesar. There are few kingdoms and nations, but mostly things are run by the vampires, werewolves, mages or cyborgs. The humans, for the most part, live in fear and very few humans actually rule.

Primary inhabitants:

Humans: These are your normal humans. They are the most numerous inhabitants on the planet, but are often living in fear of the monsters who rule the planet.

Bionts: Biogenetically enhanced humans. These humans have been enhanced biogenetically in some way.

Cyborgs: Cybernetically enhanced humans. These humans have technological implants or body parts that enhance them in some way. Almost all Cyborgs are also biogenetically enhanced as well.

Magi: Also known as Mages. These are beings that have natural magical affinities. They have extended life spans and powerful magics. They are considered one of the "monsters."

Scholars: Also known as Wizards or Sorcerers. These are humans that have studied and learned to use magic. They have to study their magic, and their powers aren't usually as great as that of the Magi, but they can become powerful in their own right.

Vampires: These tend to be the most secretive of the "monsters." They prefer to manipulate events from behind the scenes. The are some that take a more active role, but in general, they prefer to remain undetected. Vampires are only active during the night hours, which, on Kelesar, is 20 hours long.

Werewolves: Another "monster." They tend to live in the wilds, but occassionally will be found in small towns and villages, ruling the community through fear.

Ghouls: Ghouls were once human, but through drinking the blood of a vampire, they become bound to the vampire. They are used as meals for Vampires, or as slaves and errand-boys during the daylight hours. Ghouls look no different than regular humans, except that their skin is slightly more pale.

Places of Interest:

Gothic Big Canyon: A large canyon, larger than the Grand Canyon on Earth. It is home to many types of dangers, yet to be discovered.

Felstarr: A large city on the north side of the Gothic Big Canyon. It is the only city on Kelesar with a space port. The shuttles from that port only go to the orbiting space station.

Space Station: The only orbiting space station on the planet. It is owned and controlled by a vampire, who uses the station for parties and other things for his friends and potential allies. He often brings human slaves to the station for food, entertainment, and/or service.

Unique Planetary Conditions: The days are 30 hours long (10 hours daylight, 20 hours night). A week is 5 days. A month is 5 weeks (25 days). And a year is 10 months (50 weeks) (250 days). There are two moons orbiting this planet.
Rigton - The Bright Moon - This moon always faces Rob In, and is therefore always visible in the night sky.
Delen - The Dark Moon - This moon always faces away from Rob In, and is therefore always dark. It can be seen by a faint "halo" of light on the edges of the moon.

Brief History:
In its short existance, Kelesar already had built up quite a history. It was as if pieces of Raven formed a new people to inhabit this world, or, perhaps the people migrated from other worlds. No one can say for certain.

First were the humans. They once ruled the planet, and it was known to be a time of peace and scientific exploration. They made several scientific breakthroughs, even up to bio-genetics and cybernetic enhancements.

Then, the darkness came. Monsters, as the locals called them. Vampires, werewolves, and dark mages. These appeared, slowly taking over control of the land. The time of peace was over.

Today, the humans are still the most numerous, but they live in constant fear. Evil covers the land in the shape of "monsters." A few scattered groups of soldiers and elite cybernetic warriors, hold the line for the freedom of the humans. But they are still little match for the power of evil that has gripped Kelesar. Events are now transpiring that could affect the future for all Kelesarians.

Jason Sanborn
07-27-2004, 11:44 AM
Ninja-Vamp Black Cherry

The noise all over the lab compound was overwhelming. It was evident that the whole place was in trouble, but she had her orders and she would accomplish them no matter what. She was a ninja after all and she would hold true to her honor.

Carrying Jekko over her shoulder and still hiding in the shadows, Black Cherry reached Dr V Empires office. Slipping in silently, she looked around but the doctor wasnt there at all. Where was she supposed to take the prisoner now?

Jason Sanborn
07-27-2004, 11:45 AM
Beasly

Beasly saw that Charissa was totally coming unhinged. She needed to calm down for everyone's benefit. He pulled out a pinch of white, crystaline, powder from a pouch on his belt. Muttering the words to a spell, he blew the powder at Charissa. If successful, the spell should calm her down to a relaxed state. He could tell it was working.

Charissa. Sit down and relax. Everything will be alright. We don't know where Jekko is in that Lab. All the guards are alerted to the invasion. If they go in now, they probably won't be coming out. There is a strong possibility that Jekko is alive. I'm sure V Empire would want to find out what he was doing there, and will keep him alive to get the information. We have to regroup and figure this out, so everyone can come out of this alive.

Jason Sanborn
07-27-2004, 11:47 AM
Viktir Oskant

Viktir watched as the battle between Experiment V and Shego progressed. He was pleased to know that his secret additions to Empire's solution increased the vampire's strength considerably. Too bad it also regressed the vampire's mental capabilities.

I think that cyborg could be useful to me, what do you think, Mirage?

Viktir smiled as he watched Shego struggling for her life.

Yes, she will do quite well indeed.

After Experiment V finally threw Shego against the wall, he watched as the vampire ripped its way out of the lab, and caused havoc through the lab.

Let's see if the vampire really did his job, shall we, my dear?

Viktir teleported Shego's lifeless body from the lab into his private office. Her body appeared on the table next to Jillian's. He walked over to her motionless body and examined her for any signs of life. He smiled, realizing that there was no life to be found. He did, hovever, see trails of magic flowing into her.

Well, she is dead, but she does have magic around her. Very interesting. This would bear future examination. But for now, we must keep an eye on Experiment V, to make sure he gets out of the lab. He should cause plenty of havoc in Felstarr now.

He smiled and walked over to a pool of water that he used as his scrying pool. Various electrical conduits surrounded the pool, which Viktir used to mask the scrying signature from other mages, keeping his scrying private.

Jason Sanborn
07-27-2004, 11:48 AM
Dannellious

Dan could tell that Charissa was yelling, even though their earpieces regulated the volume, to prevent them from geating deafened by the shouting. He could understand where she was coming from. He felt the same way about leaving Jillian's body inside the lab. But her brother was still alive, and Jillian wasn't. He was glad that he heard Beasly taking control of the situation.

As much as I dislike the thought of teleporating again, I think it would be best if you brought us back to Beasly's, Lollipop. We need to regroup, and plan our next advance into the lab. We need to think this through and plan it out, if we are going to have a chance of rescuing Jekko, and stopping Dr V Empire and his Vampire Experiment.

Jason Sanborn
07-27-2004, 11:49 AM
Black Cherry

After checking through the intercom system and realizing that Empire was out of reach at the moment, the Ninja Vampire was wondering what to do with her prisoner when Jekko started coming back to his sense.

This wont do. Said Black Cherry with a voice so soft and melodious that remembered the wind passing through the pines.

Looking at her fingers, one of her nails grew at an unbelievable rate, revealing the sharpness that could only belong to the undead. Carefully, she sliced part of Jekkos skin on the neck, allowing a lot of blood to pour out of him. In a mix of seduction and hunger, Black Cherry licked the blood off of Jekkos until it stopped running out, right about the same time he passed out again.

You better stay asleep. Were going to see Viktir.

And as swift as they got into Empires office, they got out, still blending with the shadows.

Jason Sanborn
07-27-2004, 11:50 AM
Charissa

::Charissa wasn't sure what happened, but suddenly she felt her muscles relaxing and she sat back in her chair with a slight 'thump'. She dropped the chair arm and her breathing started to regulate. Now that she wasn't screaming, she started to cry. Charissa couldn't answer Beasley or Dan, so she simply nodded and stayed in her chair as a sign of acceptance. Slowly she replaced the ear piece and monitored Dan, Dagda and Lolli's escape. Suddenly, a few blips on a different screen woke her from the seeming daze she had entered. A few keystrokes revealed that the blips were Technowolves - and just down the street!::

Ack! Everyone listen up - I have to cut transmissions, there are Technowolves just outside! They are headed this way, that's for sure. Hey Beasly, have you seen my pistol? I think I'm going to need it.

Jason Sanborn
07-27-2004, 11:50 AM
Lollipop

Lollipop grabbed a hold of Dagda and Dan and teleported them to Beasly's
No point loosing more people.
Hold on!

Jason Sanborn
07-27-2004, 11:52 AM
Klaus

No! Not the Techno-Wolves again! You have to do something!

Hysterical, Klaus grabbed Beasly by the shirt and started to shake him hard. They will kill me for sure this time, please, do something, teleport me to the beach, to the north pole, I dont care! :shocked:

In that stressful very moment Lollipop, Dannellious and Dagda teleported back to Beaslys, but before they could say a thing. You! Youre used to fighting, go outside, fight the Techno-Wolves. Go, go, go!

Klaus was shivering with horror, because he knew death was about to knock on his door this time.

Jason Sanborn
07-27-2004, 11:52 AM
Black Cherry

Moving through the hallways with her prey, Black Cherry finally reached her destination: Viktirs office. Without making any noise, she got inside.

Hes not here. She thought. She would kill her prey and leave him just there, but he was too important for Empire to just dismiss him. Grabbing the intercom microphone, she did the only thing she was left to do.

Dr Viktir? Dr Viktir, please, take the intercom. I have one of the trespassers and I cant find Dr Empire. Do you want to take over him?

Jason Sanborn
07-27-2004, 11:54 AM
Viktir Oskant

Viktir was watching Experiment V on his monitors when he heard Black Cherry's voice over his intercom. Viktir looked at Mirage in frustration.

Just where is that fool of a scientist anyways? This is the second disturbance today. See if you can locate him on the monitors while I go deal with this prisoner.

Viktir turns and walks out the door into his main office. He sees Black Cherry standing there, holding the motionless body of Jekko, the cyborg.

I am here. Black Cherry, isn't it? I see you have captured one of the intruders. Good work. Leave him in the chair. I shall deal with him. And I want you to make sure no one disturbs me again today, lest they wish to find themselves stranded in the Gothic Big Canyon at mid-day.

Jason Sanborn
07-27-2004, 11:54 AM
Beasly

Beasly realized the situation was quickly getting out of hand. First Charissa, now Klaus. These people just need to learn to relax. He pulled out some more of the crystaline powder and cast the same spell on Klaus that he cast on Charissa. This was not the time for hysterics.

Calm youself, Klaus. We are safe in here. Nonetheless, you three should go out there and make sure that the techno-wolves don't make their way into the house.

Jason Sanborn
07-27-2004, 12:13 PM
Dannellious

Dan forgot how much he hated being teleported. He didn't even have the chance to recover from the effects when a hysterical Klaus came up and complained about the approaching Techno-Wolves.

Right, we'll keep them away. After we're out of the house, lock it down until you hear from us again.

Dan took another brief moment to recover, then grabbed his battle axe and ran up the stairs and out of the house.

Jason Sanborn
07-27-2004, 12:14 PM
Lollipop

:lol: As they appeared in the house, A hysterical Klaus was motioning them back outside.
Lollipop laughed. Klaus was still super funny.
OK. Well be back in a bit. Maybe Dagda should stay in here and make sure Nothing comes in. We can regroup and get Jekko when we are done here, I guess.
Lollipop teleported outside. She wasn't in much of a mood to play, and time was short. She froze the visible Technowolves in place. However, she counted four less technowolves then she saw heading towards the house originaly. Now where could they be?

Jason Sanborn
07-27-2004, 12:16 PM
Dagda

Aw, nuts...

Manages to keep from hurling due to teleportation this time.

Lady, while I've fantasized about bodies like yours so I hate to say this, please don't teleport me. It feelsi like my guts can't decide where they want to end up.

Add to it I can't prevent history repeating here. Man I hope Jekko ends up better then my bro.

Oh stay here. Sure gladly. It'll let my spleen make up its mind.

Sorry, Charis. I would have risked anything to return your bro to you. Now I guess all I can do is teach some bad dogs how to behave. And me without out a rolled newspaper. Smirks Poor doggies.

Hey, Klaus, do your techno-wolf buddies have dental?

Jason Sanborn
07-27-2004, 12:18 PM
Dannellious

Dan ran out the front door in time to see Lollipop freeze six techno-wolves in their tracks. That was less than what they had seen heading here from the lab.

There are more. Beasly, Charissa, can you two pick up the others. There should be, what, four more? And I doubt they are far off.

Beasly: I count ten signals in your area.

As Beasly said that, a techno-wolf jumped down from the top of the building, falling two stories onto Dan, knocking him to the ground, and tearing a piece of flesh out of his shoulder. Dan shouted in pain. Another wolf jumped down on Lollipop, hoping to take her down, while the two others ran into the house before Lolli could do anything to stop them.

Dan tried to get away from getting mauled by the techno-wolf, as he shouted to Beasly.

Two techno-wolves have breached!

The two tecnho-wolves in the house went to the back and started bashing on the door that lead to the lower level. It would only be a matter of time before they broke in.

Down in the lab, Beasly looked at Dagda.

Beasly: Now is time to pull off some more of your fancy tricks. You need to stop those two before they make it down here. Can you handle it?

Jason Sanborn
07-27-2004, 12:22 PM
Klaus

The moment Beasly cast a spell on Klaus, he felt like floating in the sky, as a cloud moving with the wind being caressed by the breath of the Furry Mother.

Calm youself, Klaus. We are safe in here. Nonetheless, you three should go out there and make sure that the techno-wolves don't make their way into the house.
:hypnotized: Klaus looked at Beasly confused, nothing the man said made sense to him. And why should he even care? Why should he even bother to answer?

Hey, Klaus, do your techno-wolf buddies have dental?
:hypnotized: :hypnotized: Staring at Dagda, he saw as the humans teeth started to grow out of his mouth.

He. Hehe. Heehee... Bwah-hahaha!!!! :rofl:

He saw as the three people he couldnt even remember their names, went away once again. As for Klaus... he... :roll:

Bwah-hahaha!!!!

Jason Sanborn
07-27-2004, 12:25 PM
Black Cherry

Ill do as you say, Dr Oskant. After a brief reverence, she turned to walk out of Viktirs office, but not before giving another glance at Jekko. There was something in his blood that made her think twice about him. Some kind of sweetness that was so uncommon to most persons. Could it be that his cyborg implants had somehow changed his body chemistry? As she walked by his side, she licked her lips. If only she could only have another sip as his blood...

Moving like a panther, she blended into the shadows once again and left the office. There was work to do, but still, her thoughts stayed focused in this uncommon man.

Jason Sanborn
07-27-2004, 12:25 PM
Lollipop

Lollipop was slightly distracted by the sound ofKlaus laughing, wich she could hear quite clearly on the street. But she managed to evade the technowolves attck aand after a bit of parrying, it joined it's fellows in deep freeze

Jason Sanborn
07-27-2004, 12:26 PM
Tigrou

::Tigrou was like cut off the realities since the loss of his friend Velen. A so deep sorrow blackouted his mind for a while as he was in Lolli's arms. His sens were excited by sadness, anger, horror and all kind of feelings. Yet, Shego's name echoed in his mind like a hurting violent hammer. Tigrou saw the events around him and heard Lolli's voice time to time like in a dream or nightmare and couldn't answer her, could tell anyone his acttual misery. Velen was passing out for eternity and never he would find the redemption he wished for killing his family. Now, Tigrou felt something tickling his fur as they were teleported back to the house but the face of Velen appeared to him. A last time. He was quite smiling in a blured light and with a sign of his hand, saluted Tigrou. "Dear friend, never lose faith. I'll be around you forever." The face vanished and Tigrou's eyes caught the sigh of Beasly inner house. Werewolves were attacking the place. Seing Lolli as the only one he would care of, now. The cat meowed strongly and and as his eyes turn to green to deep blue, the metamorphosis started. His body grew stronger and stronger. Running outside to help Lolli, Tigrou bumped two techno-wolves who were running inside.::

Jason Sanborn
07-27-2004, 12:29 PM
Dannellious

Dan managed to escape from beneath the techo-wolf, but not before it was able to tear another piece of flesh away from him. Dan was furious. Biting back the pain, Dan swung his large battle-axe with all his strength. The blade struck the techo-wolf's head, and sliced it cleanly in half. The wolf fell to the ground, and Dan then made sure the beast would no longer move by severing it's head from its body.

Lolli. Two techno-wolves made it in. I'm going in to help.

Blood was pouring out of Dan's large wounds, which were already starting to heal. Without saying another word, Dan turned and ran into the house.

Jason Sanborn
07-27-2004, 12:30 PM
Viktir Oskant

Viktir looked at the unconcious cyborg sitting in his chair. It was quite possible that this was the Jekko that the female mage spoke of. The one who had some sort of relationship with the other cyborg lying dead in his chamber. This could turn out well for him. He teleported the cyborg into his private study.

A moment later, he entered the study himself. Mirage was already looking at the cyborg, which was lying next to that of Shego.

My dear, I believe this is "Jekko." I believe we can use him to get more information about that mage. And if I can't use him alive, then I will find some way to use his technology after he is dead.

He smiled, took a seat in a chair, and waited for Jekko to wake up.

Jason Sanborn
07-27-2004, 12:31 PM
Lollipop

Lolli saw Tigrou running out of the house, and the two techno wolves running back in, followed by Dan. She was about to follow them inside, stopping to pet the the cat. She noticed that Tigrou was now the sixe of a large dog. She figured two technowolves were no match for Dagda and Dan anyways.
There you are. Weel let's make sure that these others do no more harm, she spoke to Tigrou.
The Technowolves that were now teleporte back to the Gothic canyon...not too close to the compound, but they would make it back to Empire by mid next day.

Jason Sanborn
07-27-2004, 12:32 PM
Dagda

Nevermind. You know, I wouldn't have pegged you a druggie. Moron maybe.

Here doggie, doggie, doggie.

Senses on techno-wolf hiding and sends a red energy punch into it. The blast sends the creature back towards the outside. Dagda spins and locates the second wolf. He rushes it and grabs it by the neck.

Normally I'm a nice reserved controled guy but not today. Tell me have you ever wanted to have your techo-upgrades removed? Because I'll gladly do so.

The red energy swirls and hisses around Dagda.

Jason Sanborn
07-27-2004, 12:34 PM
Jekko

::Jekko hurt. Alot. As the blackness continued to swirl about him, he realized that there was blood running down his neck. He must've been bitten by one of the vampires that surely infested the place. With a start, he remembered where he was - or rather, where he was supposed to be - the mission, the team, Shego. Shego? Why would he be thinking of her? Sure, she's hot, but - ahhhh whatever. Jekko soon realized that his cybernetics were offline and attemped to lift his right arm to hit his "reboot" button, but failed. He felt tired. Weak. Sleepy. Unwillingly, he succumbed to the darkness once more.::

Darn vampires.

Jason Sanborn
07-27-2004, 12:35 PM
Tigrou

::Tigrou was willing to bounce on the werewolf attacking Lolli, with all his claws off but the big technofurry-dude was zapped away by the lady mage before. What a lady he thought while meowing with satisfaction to see her safe.
Tigrou headed as well inside and noticed a Techno-wolf flying outside on top of his furry, head::

~inside, outside... they're undecided...~
:cat:

::Tigrou positioned himself in a defensive stance at the door if the beast wanted to come back again. They wouldn't giv up like that afterall.::

Jason Sanborn
07-27-2004, 12:40 PM
Dannellious

Dan watched as Lolli sent the techno-wolves away. He nodded his approval, then put his hand up to the gash in his chest. It was healing, but he was still bleeding heavily.

That's going to leave a mark.

He muttered to himself, then looked at the others that were now in the entry room of the house.

Alright. Looks like we've taken care of the techno-wolf problem. Let's go back downstairs and figure out what we're going to do next.

Dan walked down the stairs and sat down in the chair. The loss of blood was making him weak. Beasly noticed the wound, and noticed the pale look on his face.

Beasly: Betsy! Get the med kit and start patching up Dan right away!

With a a couple beeps and whirs, Betsy went off to gether the medical supplies necessary to bandage Dan.

I'll be fine, Beasly.

Beasly: Not if you continue to bleed, my friend. Let Betsy take care of the wound.

Dan could do nothing more than nod, and force himself to stay awake.

Beasly: Everyone else, we need to talk about what to do next. Come, take a seat.

Jason Sanborn
07-27-2004, 12:40 PM
Lollipop

:roll: Lollipop remembered this part. She was pretty sure that this was the part that got them into trouble in the first place.

Jason Sanborn
07-27-2004, 12:41 PM
Dagda

The red energy flashed from Dagda.

Start talking. Where is Jekko? How do we take down your boss?

Jason Sanborn
07-27-2004, 12:41 PM
Charissa

::She felt so useless. Once the technowolves breeched the defences, there was nothing she could do. Her drones were too far away to summon and she didn't even have a pistol. If only she were stronger. If she had some "edge". Some height even would be nice. Power. Then she hit upon it - the project. It wasn't finished, but a few tweaks and it could be done. Getting excited, she formulated a plan in her head. Deciding upon it, she took her earpiece and secondary off, grabbed her duffel and crept up the stairs. Staying out of sight (she hoped), she got out a hidden door on the side that she had found in the computer systems and went out into the street. The manhole cover slid aside and she descended into the depths of the city's sewer system. Her next stop - her lab. And Dr. V. Empire's doom.::

Jason Sanborn
07-27-2004, 12:42 PM
Beasly

Beasly didn't even notice that Charissa had slipped out during the confusion. Outside, Dan and Lollipop battled the techno-wolves. Two of them attempted to come inside. Dan and Lolli managed to get rid of those outside, but Dagda was still dealing with the one in the house. Neither Dan nor Lolli saw this conflict, as Dagda was in a side room, attempting to interrogate the techno-wolf for information. Beasly turned to Dan when he entered.

Dagda has one techno-wolf he is attempting to get information from. And Charissa has disappeared. She is probably going to try to go after her brother alone. This whole thing is getting out of hand quickly.

Jason Sanborn
07-27-2004, 12:44 PM
Techno-Wolf

Some of the burnt parts of the Techno-Wolf that got hit by Dagdas blast, released the smell of charred skin, yet the creature didnt feel a thing. As part of Empires experiments, the control center of pain in their brains had been disconnected, eliminating any possibility that these Techno-Wolves would ever reveal any kind of information during torture. They were the perfect soldiers.

This particular Techno-Wolf was wounded, making impossible any chance for escaping. So, he didnt had any other choice than to hear what Dagda had to say.

I dont know who is Jekko. As for my boss, hes unbeatable. Youve survived long enough and consider it a miracle. Next time you run against Dr V Empire, you wont live to tell.

Jason Sanborn
07-27-2004, 12:46 PM
Experiment V

Meanwhile, back at Dr V Empires giant underground laboratory, the creature only known as Experiment V kept trashing everything in sight. In his path, bodies of dead Techno-Wolves abounded and the Ninja-Vamps following his track, even if they had survived his rampage, were proving to be useless against him. They had bitten him, slashed him, yet the young monsters regenerative body healed his wounds as soon as they were made.

The more he was being attacked, the more he wanted to leave this place. All of his life he had been trapped in a giant-sized test tube, being experimented on, abused constantly. He could barely recognize the faces that always examined him, no names to attach to them, not even a name of its own.

Another bomb exploded on his back, throwing him against a wall. Recovering fast, he turned on the battalion of Techno-Wolves and slashed them with his pointy nails. Breaking another wall, he finally saw the light of day. Covering his eyes for the first time in his life, he knew he had finally made it. Adjusting his sight to the day light, he saw outside of the laboratory... there was nothing. No human, no vampire, no werewolf to torment him. For the first time in his life, he just smiled.

A few steps behind, a breeze finally took human form, making sure the sun light would not touch him.

Dr V Empire: Looks like youre finally free, son. :twisted:

The creature turned around focusing in the shape of a thin and vicious vampire... the same one who always was at the other side of his crystal prison. For a moment, the creature showed a sign of fear, then was overcame by hatred and anger.

Dr V Empire: Too bad I have other plans for you.

As the monster started to run back in Empires direction, the vampire took a small device he kept in his pocked, pointing it at his son, he pressed a small button... Experiment Vs eyes turned red with blood as an internal explosion took place inside of his head. A second one tore it apart sending pieces of his brain to the four winds.

A small grin showed in Empires face as he opened the communications channel.

Dr V Empire: Put the Experiment V folder under Failure.

Jason Sanborn
07-27-2004, 12:47 PM
Tigrou

::Tigrou walked in the room they were once before the first attempt to stop Experiment V. He didn't know what to do now. He didn't know how to live now, alone without Velen by his side. A terrible loss sliced his heart while he was the one to survive on Kelesar, lettting the little cat with the memory of his family slaughter by the vampires. It was like an everelasting cycle of sadness he couldn't escape. Once again, the friendly face of Velen appeared to him like an angel would appeared to announce some wonderful tale but there were no tales to tale but a last goodbye. He was sitting on Lolli's legs waiting for nothing particular. The sorrows changed Tigrou and for few seconds, he was a little boy. For few seconds.::

:'(

Jason Sanborn
07-27-2004, 12:48 PM
Lollipop

Lollipop noticed the change, of course, but didn't understand. She read into Tigrou, and made sure that he was indeed, a cat. And she realized that his family were killed by vampires. Just like her boyfriend they were dead. She realized suddenly that who killed whom didn't matter. She petted the cat.
Don't worry, kitty. When this is all over, I will take you home, to where I come from.

Jason Sanborn
07-27-2004, 12:51 PM
Dannellious

Dan looked at Lollipop, and then over to Beasly. Betsy was near him, binding his wound.

Alright, so what do we do now? This whole mission was one disaster after another.

Looks at Klaus angrily.

You held back information from us. Information that got one member killed, and another member to be captured or killed. This whole mission was a trap from the start, wasn't it? You wanted us to go in there. You expected us to all die in there, didn't you?

Beasly: Calm down, Dan.

Calm down? Dan was nearly yelling. This wolf was watching me when I buried Jilian. He unburied her and brought her to their lab! And then he comes and leads us into a trap?

Beasly: (Sighs.) Yes, my friend. Calm down. The mission was a failure, but we cannot blame Klaus. He did help you.

Some help.

Dan calmed down and let Betsy finish binding his wounds. He was still upset. He was upset that the mission failed. Upset that Velen had died. Upset that Jekko was captured. Upset that Shego appeared to have betrayed them all. He needed something, or someone to lash out at, and Klaus was the unfortunate victim.

Jason Sanborn
07-27-2004, 12:53 PM
Viktir Oskant

Viktir waited for Jekko to awaken. But, he soon became tired of just sitting there. He needed to get this cyborg on his side. He stood up and walked over to the unconcious cyborg.

Hey, wake up? Are you okay?

Viktir shook Jekko lightly, and spoke in the kindest and most concerned tone he could manage. Being an expert of deception, no one could tell that this was all just an act.

Jason Sanborn
07-27-2004, 12:54 PM
Dagda

He tossed the techno-wolf back into the main room.

"Talk! Blast you. Talk! I'm not sure how long I can keep from tearing you apart."

Jason Sanborn
07-27-2004, 12:55 PM
Jekko

::Jekko groaned. Someone was shaking him. Charis? Nope - guy. Dan? Nope - nice guy. Velen? Nope - wrong accent. He decided to give up the guessing game and just open his eye. The room was dark and his eye was not responding very well to the conditions. With effort, he moved his right arm up and over his chest to bang the "reboot" button on his left arm. His systems started to come back online, including his night vision. It was then that he saw the speaker.::

Ahhhh! Who are you? What am I doing here? Where is everyone? What ha.... AHHHHH! What happened to Shego?

::The cybernetics allowed Jekko to hop off the chair and get to Shego's bed, but his biological side complained of the lack of blood to his brain. He felt woozy, and for a second, his biological vision worsened. That soon passed and he was then scanning Shego's body. Nothing. No life signs. No electic currents. Nothing. She was dead. Jekko wasn't sure how to react. She was a babe, but he didn't really know her. Whatever the case, he had to know what happened to her. He looked up and was starting to turn to the guy who woke him when he saw something even more surprising.::

AHHHHHH! Lollipop!!! What the?

::Scanners told him that she was dead too. This was too much. Whirling around, he faced the man and woman that were standing near the chair he had just vacated and gave them a menacing stare.::

What happened to her? I need to know. And what happened to my....

::Jekko left off his sentence - this could be the enemy and he didn't want to give it away that there were others lurking about. He hoped Charissa could get a bead on him and get them out of there. Even if Shego and Lolli were now reduced to corpses. He had to be tough. He had to be a leader. He had to get out of there alive!::

Jason Sanborn
07-27-2004, 12:55 PM
Techno-Wolf

The Techno-Wolf crashed against a table making an incredible noise. Dagda could have thought he was punishing the bizarre creature, but the fact that he had pushed it away gave it an opening.

I have been trained to endure any kind of torture, human. But if you think Ive already fallen to your might, youre way wrong!

Pointing his right hand at Dagda, one laser ray fired against the sigil-bearer from each of the creatures fingers.

I was ordered to bring you back alive, but I think this is what they call reasonable switch plan!

Jason Sanborn
07-27-2004, 12:57 PM
Klaus

Klaus walked behind Beasly trying to find some sense of protection at the emotional threats of Dannellious.

Such a loss you had at the lab. :roll: You got Shego and Velen killed. Instead of blaming me, you should thank Empire for having get rid of the two people in your ranks that could have turned against you in the first place. Now, as for Jekko, thats a shame But none of this was my fault. You cant blame a werewolf for having his little secrets! And besides the Jillian issue, Ive been candid with you, so stop barking at me!

The werewolf sat down once again.

Jason Sanborn
07-27-2004, 12:57 PM
Dagda

"You really slipped up, fuzzy. Your claws would have been more effective."

Dagda's sigil absorbed the laser easily. And he reached out. All his anger at failing his brother....at failing Charis...at not getting this power under control...at the mob for killing his brother...at the wackos who hunted him...it all flowed out and it tore through the techno wolf. Ripping the technology from him in a matter of moments. Exausted Dagda dropped to his knees panting.

Jason Sanborn
07-27-2004, 01:00 PM
Dannellious

Klaus's words just made Dan even more furious. He was about to get up and throttle the werewolf, but a simple spell from Beasly calmed him down. He was still upset, but was feeling a bit more relaxed.

Fine, Klaus. Have it your way, but know that secrets will get us nowhere. And if we are going to have any chance of finding Jekko and Experiment V, we need to work together, and get all the information.

For that matter, does anyone know where Charissa has disappeared to?

Beasly: She disappeared in the chaos when the Techno-Wolves attacked. I think she might have gone after her brother alone.

Dan put his head in his hand and shook his head in frustration.

And so we lose another one? This is too much.

Dan spoke into the commlink to Dagda.

Dagda, when you are finished with the Techno-wolf, would you mind coming into the conference room? We need to figure out what to do next.

Jason Sanborn
07-27-2004, 01:17 PM
Viktir Oskant

Calm down, young man. I'm sure this all must be overwhelming to you, but believe me, things aren't what they appear right now.

My name is Viktir Oskant, and this lovely lady motions to Mirage, is Angela. Viktir always used Angela as her name whenever he introduced her, to avoid any "unnecessary" questions. We have been watching Dr Empire for some time, and saw when your group had tried to infiltrate the lab. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to stop this one motions to Shego, from getting killed. I was, hoever, able to rescue you from certain death at Dr Empire's hands.

As to the other woman. Motions to Jillian's body. While she looks a lot like your companion, it is not her. She was another unfortunate victim of Dr Empire's madness. I have taken their bodies here to prevent Dr Empire from using their bodies in his experiments.

Jason Sanborn
07-27-2004, 02:57 PM
Dagda

"Huff...Huff...Give me a moment...Wolfie is down.."

Jason Sanborn
07-27-2004, 02:58 PM
Charissa

::Considering the size of her duffel, she made good time back to her lab and only slipped twice. In the "living room" she dropped her coat and popped some instant coffee in the mike. She considered a shower, but immediately dismissed the notion.::

Would Jekko be having a shower if I were missing? No. C'mon girl - he needs your brains right now - and soon he will have your brawn! Ha!

::With this thought she grabbed her half-warmed excuse for a coffee and headed into the lab. Immediately, she re-set her drones to keep watch at Beasley's and Empire's place. A droid she had in orbit was picking up quite a scene. Something was coming out, nope, going in, nope. Hmmm. Whatever. Suddenly she realized that she didn't tell Beasley where she was going - partially because she knew that they'd try to stop her. Groaning, she grabbed a headset and started tapping into the network of computers - she didn't want them to worry - and she wanted them to wait. Using a drone as a relay, she sent a message to Beasley's less secure computers saying that she was alright and would be joining them with something that would aid in their mission. Turning back to her 'bots, she took a deep breath and started picking up equipment she would need.::

Well boys, it is the time for action. Hardcore action - no more of this lurking in the electronic waves stuff. I'm taking the plunge - it's the only way to get Jekko back.

::With that she moved to a wall and began a series of protocols that eventually opened a door on the other side of the room. Into this room she stepped and prepared to make the biggest breakthrough in cybernetics history.::

Jason Sanborn
07-27-2004, 02:58 PM
Jekko

Whoa.

::Jekko held his head. This WAS a little much. Shego and this Lolli-look-alike dead. Lolli-look-alike. Hey, didn't Dan's girlfriend look like Lolli? And she was dead - this must be her! Jekko kept a straight face. He didn't want to give too much away just in case this was a trick.::

So you are the good guys? Why didn't you help us before this *pointing at Shego* happened? Huh? And what happened to me? I just remember falling and then *touching his neck* vampire. MAN I hate vampires! They're so .... messy. Anyways, that's not important right now. Where is the rest of my group? Are they ok?

Jason Sanborn
07-27-2004, 02:59 PM
Viktir Oskant

Viktir gave a saddened expression.

I am truly sorry about that. I cannot stop everything that happens. If I could have saved her, I would have. Fortunately, I was able to rescue you before it was too late.

Your friends have escaped, with my help. I think the mage with you, the one I think you called "Lollipop," was noticing my assistance, but I think she thinks the worst.

Jason Sanborn
07-27-2004, 03:00 PM
Techno-Wolf

Receiving the whole impact of Dagdas sigil, the Techno-Wolf fell apart as all of his components disassembled in front of him, sending chips, cables and tubes all over the place.

With a final howl, the head of the creature, the only part left of the original werewolf, fell to the floor dead

Jason Sanborn
07-27-2004, 03:03 PM
Klaus

Fine, Klaus. Have it your way, but know that secrets will get us nowhere.
With have it your way obviously you mean that youre okay about me keeping some little secrets, right? I mean, I wasnt born yesterday, I know if I reveal everything I know about Empire and the lab, there wouldnt be any use left for me, and you know, I value my life that much!

And if we are going to have any chance of finding Jekko and Experiment V, we need to work together, and get all the information.
I will help you all the way, Dan. Beasly can have my word for that. Both of you can trust me in this one. This Jekko guy I do like! :thumbleft: *Said Klaus as he put a put a check on his list over Shegos name.*

Jason Sanborn
07-27-2004, 03:04 PM
Dagda

Grabs the techno-wolf's head and staggers in.

And boom I failed again.

Jason Sanborn
07-27-2004, 03:04 PM
Dannellious

No, Klaus, I'm not okay with your secrets. Those secrets helped contribute to the failure we experienced. I would hope you would be more forthcoming with your information now, so we can move forward without casualties this time.

Turns to Dagda.

Glad to see you dispatched that techno-wolf. Now, about our plans. I won't be able to go in on a rescue mission right away. My body heals quickly, but not quick enough.

With Charissa and Jekko both unaccounted for, I think we need to act quickly, especially if Charissa is on her way, alone. So, does anyone have any suggestions?

Jason Sanborn
07-27-2004, 03:05 PM
Klaus

Well, theres something that might be of some use... Empire is color blind... :whaat:

Jason Sanborn
07-27-2004, 03:06 PM
Dagda

Drops the severed head.

Gone? She's gone? You have to get her back. She's not ready to see whats out there. A..a course that reckless only leads to a world of hurt.

Jason Sanborn
07-27-2004, 03:07 PM
Dannellious

Dan looked at Klaus.

How is his being color-blind going to help us? If he was completely blind, I could see the benefit.

Sighs.

I know, Dagda. That is why we need to get a plan together. We still have a chance to save her from her foolishness. There is also a possibility that we can save her brother as well, but we need to figure out how to do that. You have some pretty impressive skills that might be useful.

Dan thinks for a moment.

I saw some pretty destructive powers. Do you, by any chance, have any healing abilities? With my arm and shoulder torn the way it is, I'm useless until my wound heals, which will be sometime tomorrow. If you could heal it faster than that, I can still aid you.

Jason Sanborn
07-27-2004, 03:09 PM
Klaus

For the Furry Mother! :shocked: Watch that temper, it is going to give you an ulcer!

You asked me to be truthful to you and Im being truthful to you. Im not the strategist here, Im just telling you what I know about Empire. Furreez!!!! :roll: I wont tell you that he drinks soy blood some times! :mad2: WHOOPS! :huh:

Jason Sanborn
07-27-2004, 03:10 PM
Lollipop

As dagda goes to Dannillius to cure him, Lolli starts thinking of ways to help.
Well, I can track Charissa, if she still wears my talismann. And it might give her some protection, though she is so unsure of magic, she may simply forget. Why don't I try to see where she is. Then at least we can decide if our next step will be to intercept her, or help her. If she hasn't gotten to Jekko, I doubt he lived.

Jason Sanborn
07-27-2004, 03:11 PM
Dagda

Takes a look at Dan's wounds and jumps back a bit as yellow energy starks around them.

Yeah. Just somebody find me an operator's manual on this mark. Blow stuff up, radar, healing. It'd be nice if I knew how to do it other then having it reflexively go off. And if this isn't too out of line, I really need more food.

Jason Sanborn
07-27-2004, 03:12 PM
Klaus

*Klaus raises his hand.*

Me too! :thumbleft:

Jason Sanborn
07-27-2004, 03:13 PM
Dannellious

Thank you, Dagda.

Dan flexed his arm, which Dagda had healed. He smiled, impressed with the young man's abilities. Dan ignored Klaus's comment, though. He wasn't upset anymore, probably because of Beasly's spell, but he still was annoyed with the werewolf. He turned his attention to Lollipop.

If you can find Charissa, that would be great. We need to know where she is before she gets herself killed. She may have a way of tracking her brother, and we can use that.

And I agree with Dagda and Klaus. We could use some food. We can make our plans while we eat.

Jason Sanborn
07-27-2004, 03:14 PM
Beasly

Beasly nodded.

Betsy, can you get everyone some lunch?

Betsy walked away from Dan, and up the stairs to get some food.

Alright, she'll have lunch for us in a moment. In the meantime, I'll check out the computer layout that Charissa had found, and see if I can find out....

Beasly stopped speaking as he looked at the computer screen. A message from Charissa was flashing on the screen.

Well boys, it is the time for action. Hardcore action - no more of this lurking in the electronic waves stuff. I'm taking the plunge - it's the only way to get Jekko back.
Oh boy. Looks like Charissa left us a note. She is definately going after her brother. As I was saying, I'll see what I can find out, and with Klaus's help, we might be able to determine where they might be holding Jekko, if he were still alive.

Jason Sanborn
07-27-2004, 03:15 PM
Klaus

Yeah, sure, I will know where theyre keeping Jekko... *Klaus scratches his head thinking about the issue. The lab was so big and experiments were made all around, that he sincerely had no idea where Jekko could be. Still, he did his best to look like he knew what he was talking about.*

Well, if Empire has Jekko, he would want to use him as a bait, thats for sure. I really doubt he would be experimenting on the kid because he already has too many implants and Empire prefers them fresh when he starts messing with them...

So... the most secure place of the laboratory is the solar panel at the center of the lab. It channels the energy being received from above ground and processes it into the whole compound. It also has this incredibly strong cells, there are all kind of traps in there, more than those I even know about...

Jason Sanborn
07-27-2004, 03:16 PM
Lollipop

First things first
Lollipop took out her scrying mirror and concentrated on the talismann around Charissa's wrist. The mirror rippled and revealed a scene..strangely not Charissa, but Jekko. He was talking to a well dressed man in a blue suit, and there were others present, though they were not in sight. Lying directly behind himwas...her, just dead!! The image faded and Charissa on her way to the lab appeared.

Klaus
07-27-2004, 03:45 PM
Klaus wasnt really paying attention to all the planning around him. He gave an idea about Jekkos possible location, but no one said a thing about that. Their bad.

He focused his eyes on his watch, checking on the always blinking red light. Almost hypnotized, he let his mind wander until, finally, the red light stopped. :shocked:

Uh You asked me to be truthful with you, didnt you, Dannelious? Well, heres a truth: Experiment V is dead. :whaat:

Dagda
07-27-2004, 10:39 PM
(Note: This post occurs before Dagda joined the War)

As he headed into t he kitched looking for food, everythign froze. Key stood in the kitchen with an apron on.

"Sorry kid" The orange eyed man said. "No time for food. Things have moved faster then I had hoped. Your mark, its not from a demon. A god saw the coming of a great and terrible darkness. he gave those to men and women across the cosmos to help them defend against it. Your brother was selected. But when he died the mark passed to you. I'm here to take you where you need to go."

Dagda looked confused. "I need to help Jekko and Charis."

Key's eyes flashed. "We're going now."

And with that both men were gone in a flash of orange light.

Isianu
07-28-2004, 11:08 AM
Far out in the boondocks of Kelessar, many counties away from Felstarr a trio of men were running across the valley towards a smoking crater. Two were human, while the one in front was vaugely so, more muscle than anything with a bluish tint to his skin and no hair. Calling back to the others he says, "Come on you lazy louts! We want to get there before some other scum sucking scavanger beats us to that meteorite!"

After a few more minutes, the three find themselves at the edge of the crater, still slightly smoldering with a large mishapen crystal jutting out of the center. "Cor, will you look at that! I thought metorites were all supposed to be rocky, and pitted and stuff. It looksl like some big gem or something."

"Even better," the other human comments, a weasely look on his face while rubbing his hands together, "The Magi will pay even MORE for something this unique. Probably full of all sorts of weird star stuff they can use in their ungodly incantations." Turning to look at the Biont he asks, "You think you can drag that thing back home?"

"No problem!" He proclaims while climbing into the pit. Cautiously making his way to the meteorite, he reaches out a hand to see if it's still too hot to touch. "Hey, this thing is cold... Ice cold even though it landed no more than an hour ago."

"I don't like the looks of this..." The first man worries, "That not right. HEY! Be careful with that thing, don't want to cut yourself or anything!"

Letting out a sigh the Biont bent don and put a hand on either side of the massive metorite and was about to try lifting it when he saw something in the crystal. Screaming and jumping back aways, he says, "I-it moved!!!!!"

"That's impossible!" The shorter, obvious leader of this bunch says, "There's nothing alive out in space, and even if it was, re-entering the atmosphere would have killed it. Now quit being a baby and get that thing up here!"

Taking an uneasy step back towards the metorite, the Biont took up his position to try and lift it up. On the way down, he slightly cut himself on one of the jagged crystal outcroppings, leaving a few drops of blood on the metorite's surface. When he looked back at the bunch of cyrstals, his blood was mysteriously gone. Shaking it off as his imagination, he tried to lift it, but the metorite was much heavier than it looked. While he was straining the bunch of crystals started to move, shattering some bits out to become something akin to a hand. The cowardly human saw this and shouted, "LOOK OUT!!!!" But the crystal monster had already dug it's talons into the Biont who let out a pained scream as along hand broke out and dug into his side.

The human jumped down into the pit to try and save his friend while the boss just stood there frozen stiff. When the Biont's friend was less then a few inches from him, the screaming stopped and he virtually exploded, spraying blood everywhere. Stunned at the grizzly death of his friend, and the fact that the metorite was starting to move even more, gaining a vaugely humanoid shape. Since his friend was lost, he turned back and climbed out of the pit as the monster slowly got it's bearings. Up on the edge he turned to the boss who just stood there gazing at the foul beast. "Come on, we got to get out of here!!!!!"

At that comment the boss simply stood there, eyes transfixed on the metorite/monster and muttered, "My God, it's so beautiful..." Then it struck, a large hand rose from the crater and grasped the boss, giving him several nasty gouges. Despite this, he didn't scream, he just stood there staring saying, "I'm coming sweetie..." Before he was pulled into the pit and a sickening squelching sound could be heard.

This was all the lone survivor needed, as soon as the hand shot out, he had started running like a man away from the crater which was now a charnel pit for his friends. He was a hundred yards away when he heard something behind him. Turning about quickly, he saw nothing, but he was too high strung, he turned about again, expecting what ever was back there to be in front of him. It wasn't their either, nor to his sides. His search for danger gradually turned into a short break to catch his breath after all the running he had done tonight. At about his fifth lungful, he had the suspicion that something was watching him, but still there was nothing about him. Then he looked up where he could see a glimmering shadow bearing down upon him with eyes glowing like a red dwarf. He didn't have time to let out a scream before the beast sank it's fangs into him, and began to feast.

Jason Sanborn
07-28-2004, 12:24 PM
Beasly looked at Klaus.

He's dead? You're certain of this?

Jason Sanborn
07-28-2004, 12:25 PM
Dan glared at Klaus.

So now he is dead. Why do I think there was never an experiment in the first place, that this was all just an elaborate hoax to lure us into the lab and get us killed off, one-by-one?

Klaus
07-28-2004, 08:21 PM
He's dead? You're certain of this?

Yup.

. Why do I think there was never an experiment in the first place, that this was all just an elaborate hoax to lure us into the lab and get us killed off, one-by-one?

Oh, you’re too grown up to be such a crybaby, Dan. My watch is tuned to the bio-essence of Experiment V. If anything happens to him, the red light shuts down. And that’s exactly what happened. Now, don’t look a gift vampire on the teeth! You know better than that.

Meteoro
07-28-2004, 08:22 PM
Dr V Empire

At his compound, Dr V Empire walked impatient in his personal laboratory. His Techno-Wolves and Ninja-Vamps were already taking care of the part of the compound that got thrashed as a result of Experiment V’s rampage and the invasion of this insufferable team of resistance people. Nothing that couldn’t be replaced in a week or two, but the loss of Experiment V had been painful. So many months of work wasted, his own seed destroyed. It was frustrating. Little did he know that Experiment V’s release was the result of Viktir’s will, not the resistance...

Grabbing the intercommunicator.

“Viktir, I want you in my laboratory immediately. I won’t waste another second, Experiment VI needs to be started!”

Jason Sanborn
07-28-2004, 10:04 PM
Viktir heard Empire's voice echo in his laboratory. Unfortunately, Jekko would hear it as well. Viktir rolled his eyes and smiled.

I'm sorry, Jekko. As you know, I must keep up the facade around Dr Empire if I am able to help others. Would you mind waiting here with Angela while I go talk with Dr. Empire. I should be back shortly.

Turns to Mirage and smiles.

Please be a dear and show Jekko our hospitality.

Mirage would know exactly what that meant. Treat him nicely, make him think he is a guest, but under no circumstances was he to leave the room. Not like he could anyways, the magics protecting the room would prevent him from leaving anyways.

Viktir walked out of the laboratory into his office and pressed an intercom button on his desk.

Remember, Empire, I am here to assist you, not here for you to command. Experiment VI can wait. I have my own experiment that I must check up on now. I will meet you when I am good and ready.

Viktir closed the intercom link, knowing that Dr. Empire would not be pleased, but Empire needed his assistance, so there wasn't much that Empire could do to protest.

Rayde
07-29-2004, 04:35 AM
Rayde and Dagda's craft gently lowered itself through Kelesar's atmosphere. Retro rockets fired as the sleek cruiser slowed its descent and touched down lightly on a silent, abandoned spacestation.

'Perfect landing. Hehe, I've still got it.' :thumbup:

She smiled at Dagda as he exited the ship behind her.

"Kelesar. Um......nice place you've got here.

I don't suppose there's a bar around here somewhere is there? I could murder a Gin and Tonic about now....."

Meteoro
07-29-2004, 04:44 PM
Dr V Empire

At Viktirs words through the intercom, Empire felt the blood boil within his veins. Having him in the compound was both a blessing and a curse, Empire couldnt develop Experiment V without him and, obviously, Experiment VI wouldnt be the exception. Empire wanted to fire him, even worse, to kill him, but there was nothing he could do about it. He needed Viktir.

Accessing once again the intercom:

Viktir, it would do you some good to realize that Im your boss around this place and I would strongly advice you not to hang up on me. Youre under my command, whether you like it or not. Keep in mind that youre allowed to perform your own experiments as long as your work with me is good, but thats a privilege you shouldnt abuse. Take some time to finish whatever youre doing right now, but dont make me wait too long.

Allowing his arrogance to flourish, Empire shut down the connection, just as he sat down on his desk. His mind was already full with plans for his new Experiment and he just wouldnt allow Viktir to spoil the moment for him.

Quaxo9
07-29-2004, 06:06 PM
Jekko

:: Comfortable? Jekko wasnt sure if he could trust this Viktir person. Although, it was altogether possible to have someone on the inside. He was alive, wasnt he? His eyes ran to Shego and whats-her-face and he was instantly saddened. What had become of his sister? He hoped she didnt do anything stupid. This thought was followed up by an audible sigh as he knew he wouldnt be so lucky. At this point, Angela asked him if he wanted something to drink. At first he refused, saying that hed rather get back to the city to look up some friends, but she insisted so he asked for a cup of coffee with caffeine. It wouldnt help his nerves, but maybe itd help clear his head.::

Mirage

::Making people comfortable was what she did best. With a beguiling smile, she approached Jekko and offered him something to drink. When he refused, she merely pouted and cajoled him into getting something. It was so fun to bend others to her will. She went to the other side of the room where the kettle and some other kitchen-type implements were and started making coffee. However, in addition to the caffeine, she added a drug that was a particular favorite of her and Dr. Oskants. Jekko would be all theirs one way or another.::

Jason Sanborn
07-29-2004, 08:48 PM
Viktir heard Empire's final comments and chose to ignore them. The vampire was annoying, but Viktir needed him now. His lab had the most technology of any lab he had access to. He could do almost anything he needed here. Sighing, Viktir opened a secret passage to another part of his laboratory. He walked into the darkened room and let the secret door close behind him, sealing him in the darkness.

Lichter!

Viktir commanded. Immediately the lights appeared in the room. In the center of the room was a cybernetic woman, lying, apparently dead, on a metallic table. A series of monitors were connected via wires to her cybernetic body. Viktir walked over to the monitors and pressed a few buttons.

Electronic impuses... appear to be steady. Heart beat... 100 beats per minute... Hmm, a little high, but not dangerously so. Must be the addition of the cybernetics... Hydrolic pressure... excellent. I think she is ready to wake up.

Viktir pressed a few more buttons sending more electrical current into the cyborg's body. As he increased the electrical output, he monitored her vitals. The electrical current in her body increased with the additional energy he fed her, which was the expected behavior. Once she was awake, her energy cells should be self-charging, and thus she should no longer need to be "plugged-in" to function.

Her heart beat also increased, but since her heart was controlled by both normal humanoid body functions as well as the cybernetics, he wasn't too concerned. Her heart could beat at 200 beats per minute, and she would only feel slightly winded.

Viktir smiled and waited for the power to reach maximum, which would hopefully allow the cyborg to awaken.

07-30-2004, 04:50 PM
Yes, the old saying was true, you really do see your life flash before your eyes, when you are about to die. But for Rachel, it was not her entire life, it was just from the point that had led up to her death.
As she lay on the ground bloody and beaten, she cried out for the child she would never have, the one that would die with her. When the bullet entered her temple, everything flashed brightly like a camera bulb and she saw vividly the first time she has met David. She had no idea at the time that he was a werewolf, the dreaded "monsters" that they were painted out to be. They had met by accident, both having the same idea that not all the vampires, werewolves and mages, were evil and out to destroy human kind. In David's case, it was that the humans were not part of the food chain and had every right at survival as his kind did.
They had fallen in love, David revealed his secret to her, and she had not cared. She loved him, wasn't that all that mattered. They had moved into a community with others that felt the same as them. A place where mage, vampire, werewolf and human lived in harmony and like them sometimes as lovers or husband and wife. They had married and foolishly thought that they could live out their lives happily together forever, raising a family. Rachel had been 6 months pregnant when reality came crashing down upon them. It had been humans that had raided their village, trying to kill ever man, woman and child in sight. I had not mattered if they were human or not, if you were associated with the "monsters," then you were a traitor and deserved to die.
The raid had been chaos and confusion, these humans had discovered their secret when a human maskerading as a like minded individual infiltrated their village. Rachel remembered David screaming at her to hide. She remembered him transforming himself to try and protect her and their unborn child, and she remembered him falling to the ground dead, rittled with silver bullets. But the worst thing she remembered was pleading to these people for the sake of her unborn child's life. The plea had fallen on deaf ears. They had beaten her badly, she had felt the blows, the bones breaking and she had cried, not for herself, but that of her child. Then the bullet, they had pointed the gun at her head and fired.
She thought for sure this was it, but for some reason, the light kept beconning her back. She was not feeling any pain, and her body felt alive more than it had ever been. She felt as if electricity was bouncing through her body, charging her, revitalizing her, but why? Rachel opened her eyes and for the first time saw in a way she had never seen before. Ignoring the wires that were hooked to her body, she sat up. Looking around the room she saw a strange man, she wanted answers.

Who are you? Why have you let me live? It is a mistake to have done so.

Her hand had instinctively gone to her abdomen, it was flat, no pregnancy. And were her ears deceiving her, was her voice different, almost like that of a electronic sound mixed in.

Meteoro
08-01-2004, 12:28 PM
Black Cherry

As things started to calm down, the Ninja Vampire known as Black Cherry moved through the shadows supervising the rebuilding of the part of the compound that got destroyed by Experiment V. For some reason she was glad the vampire monster got finally killed. She shouldn’t be.

Jason Sanborn
08-01-2004, 08:13 PM
Dan leaned back in the chair and rubbed his eyes. Things were not getting any better. How could they possibly go into the labs to rescue Jekko and stop Charissa from getting herself killed, if they can't even keep from killing each other in Beasly's home.

Alright, enough of this. We still need to find Jekko. Experiment V might be destroyed, but we still have a missing member and his sister is about to do something foolish and go after him. Let's get everyone together and make the necessary plans.

Dan spoke into his comm piece.

Dagda, Lollipop. Would you come back into the planning room? We need to make plans.

Dan waited a moment and didn't get a reply.

Dagda? Lollipop? Can either of you hear me?

Still nothing. They were gone. Dan leaned forward resting his head in his hand.

This just goes from bad to worse.

Jason Sanborn
08-01-2004, 08:18 PM
Viktir looked at Rachel and smiled.

I saved your life, Frulein. I would think you would be grateful. I am Doctor Viktir Oskant, and I am your friend.

08-01-2004, 09:45 PM
R.A.C.H.E.L.'s eyes illuminated to a bright blue as she addressed Dr. Oskant in anger.

I have lost a child and a husband, what makes you think I would be grateful to be alive.

Dagda
08-02-2004, 05:10 AM
Within Carmilla's Space Station, Dagda looked about.

"What?"

"Um, this is, er, was maybe, a vampire's base. Maybe this part was for expanded operations later? Or maybe the place is shut down given the planetside counterpart got bombed? I guess we look around."

Looks at Rayde.

"Ok, what do you know about vampires?"

Rayde
08-02-2004, 07:01 AM
"Vampires? Well, I know about the mythical creatures that parents tell their children stories about to scare them into behaving if thats what you.........

:huh:

....wait....

You're about to tell me that vampires really exist, aren't you?" :shocked:

Rayde shuddered a little. She checked that her Shock Rifle was loaded, and her hand cradled the mysterious knife that Straylight had given her.

"There wouldn't happen to be any such thing as a friendly, or maybe vegetarian vampire, would there? Its just i'd quite like to keep all my blood in one place. Inside me, for example......"

Jason Sanborn
08-02-2004, 03:38 PM
Ah, I hadn't realized you had lost a husband and a child. I did know about the child in your womb, an unfortunate tragedy.

Viktir checked a few monitors that were still attached to R.A.C.H.E.L. Her power level was increasing and self-generating, as was expected. She would be at full power within the hour. Of course, even with less power, she could still be dangerous.

You see, I saved your life for two reasons. First, is so you could help me with my plans. Second is so you could have vengence against the humans that did this to you. With the power I have given you, not even a vampire would dare cross you.

Isianu
08-02-2004, 05:18 PM
The Eclipse Space Station

In geosyncrinous orbit above Kelessar's dark side of the word, is a luxury space station which is the second largest thing circling the world. It is a massive station set up like an angular gothic castle with various outriggings for ships to dock with. Inside it is a rather beautiful place, decorated in mostly blacks, reds, and purples with tapestries scatered about the place. This is the Eclipse Space Station, a safe haven for all vampires set up by the late Carmilla Zarkov to avoid the several hours of daylight and revel in their undead pleasures. There is a dungeon holding cell for the 'refreshments' who are on for a life time gig which is about a month or less.

08-02-2004, 06:00 PM
R.A.C.H.E.L.'s anger raged, and she found that she actually liked the idea of the situation she found herself in. The thought of revenge gave her a satisfied feeling, and though she wouldn't admit it, it even scared her.

It is my unborn child I speak of, and for the chance to avenge my husband and the child, I will gladly help you.

Jason Sanborn
08-02-2004, 09:44 PM
Viktir smiled.

Sehr gut. I shall remove these wires from you and allow you to get accustomed to your new body and abilities.

Viktir pointed to a monitor.

This screen will tell you all about the cybernetics I have added to your body. You are not at full power yet, but your power is growing. You should be full power within the hour.

Viktir began unhooking the extra wires from R.A.C.H.E.L.

While you are getting acquainted with your new body, I will be taking care of other matters. Do you have any questions for me before I leave?

Dagda
08-03-2004, 05:23 AM
"Well, yeah. Its kinda my home planets thing. Vampires, mages, werewolves. And if that wasn't enough we have cyborgs and other robotic freaks to add to the mix. About anything with power uses it to lord over, enslave or kill those without. Sunlight, which doesn't shine on this place, holy items, magics, decaping, or staking is really the only way to deal with the vampires. And I haven't met any nice vampires. One nice werewolf but she was working for the vampire."

Starts walking out of the hanger.

"Of course, Dan blew the spaceport up so we might not have any guests. Actually, I bet that old man would blow a gasket if I returned with info galore on this place and its clients. Come on, Rayde. I, uh, could use the extra set of eyes."

Rayde
08-03-2004, 06:13 AM
Rayde checked her weapons one last time and gazed around the spooky place.

"Coming..."

She followed Dagda out of the hangar, her eyes constantly scanning the surroundings...

Quaxo9
08-03-2004, 12:26 PM
Charissa

::Welding glasses protecting her eyes, Charissa made a few final adjustments to her and Jekko's latest project - removable cybernetics. Usually when one was cybernetically enhanced, they could never go back. Well, all that was about to change. It wasn't quite like body armour either - it wasn't nearly so bulky or complete - and it was fully integrateable. Or at least, that was the plan. The mechanics had yet to be tested, though millions of simulations had been run on Charissa's computers over the years. Lately, the sims had been showing a 75% success rate, which was a huge improvement from the instant death it repeatably caused only a year before.

Charissa turned off the welder and lifted the goggles up on top of her head as she stood back and surveyed her work. The "suit" was basically a set of cybernetic supports on either side of each of the wearer's limbs - so normal clothing could be worn while in the suit. The feet however, extended past the wearer's and formed a four-toed claw-like structure with traction control for slippery surfaces. There were extra cables on the right arm which looped around over the shoulder to the back to help support the large blast arm. On the left arm were the necessary cable ports and holo-generators to run the stealth programs and even some other more surprising distractions. On the back of the suit was a streamlined - something. It couldn't really be described conventionally because it was one of Charis' more personal creations. It was built to be a flight pac, but had never been tested - even in sims. She was certain that it'd work though. The final part - the headpiece - looked a little like the goggles she was just wearing. They were actually a cross between Jekko's eye and the special glasses she used to view multiple computer screens. Ultrasonic hearing as well as built-in voice activated codes completed the "wardrobe".

In theory, all the pieces could be put on separately, function as well as any fully-integrated model, and removed again at will. She was about to test that theory. Stripping down to just her jeans and a sleeveless top, she set up the computers and medic droids to monitor the entire process. Charissa wanted proof if this thing worked. If. Taking a deep breath, she thought of Jekko and the tortures he must be enduring and stepped into the suit. She considered putting it on a piece at a time, but decided there wasn't enough time for that. When all the pieces were set in place, she pushed the activation button - and waited. Nothing was happening! Then the individual pieces started coming online and clamped down all at once. She had never felt so much pain in her life. Only her droids heard her screams and only her droids watched as she hit the floor - unconscious.::

08-03-2004, 05:20 PM
R.A.C.H.E.L.'s eyes moved to the monitor that Dr. Oskant spoke of. She scanned the various words upon the screen as he spoke to her while removing the remaing wires. A thrill entered her body like none she'd ever felt before. On the screen were technical terms she should not have known, but to her amazement, she did. She moved her hand in front of her face and flexed it several times. There were new sensations coupled with old ones. She was very excited about discovering just what Dr. Oskant had done to her. She turned her head to look at him as she responded to his question.

No, I believe you have given me everything I need. I seem to not only have a monitor that lists what you have done to me, but the knowledge as well. When you return, perhaps I will have questions.

Jason Sanborn
08-04-2004, 12:47 PM
Viktir nodded and smiled.

I will be back shortly. Auf Wiedersehen.

Viktir turned and walked out of the laboratory. He made sure that the lab was well sealed to prevent any unauthorized entrance or exits. His magics protected the lab, and kept it safe from others seeing what went on in the lab.

Once he was certain that the room was secure, he turned and walked towards Empire's lab. He figured he might as well perform his part for now. There was always a possibility he could use whatever Empire decided to create.

Meteoro
08-04-2004, 08:48 PM
Dr Vladimir Empire

Empire was in his personal laboratory checking through his notes about Experiment V. There was no way for him to perform a new Experiment on his own. He needed Oskant and that infuriated him beyond reason.

“Damn you, Viktir. Damn you through all of eternity!”

Klaus
08-04-2004, 08:52 PM
*Back at Beasly’s place…*

Lollipop is missing? :blink: *Asked Klaus to Dannellious, already knowing the sad answer.* By the Furry Mother! She was the only one that actually liked me in this pathetic group. :( What is going to happen to me now? I’m so miserable. :cry:

Betsy… could you please bring me some dog cookies and milk? Make it chocolate dog cookies I’m disconsolate.

Jason Sanborn
08-05-2004, 10:02 AM
Damn you, Viktir. Damn you through all of eternity!
Viktir happened to arrive at the laboratory just in time to hear Empire's comment.

Too late, that happened a long time ago.

Viktir walked into the lab and up to Empire.

Now, instead of cursing me, why not tell me what you have in mind for the next experiment?

Jason Sanborn
08-05-2004, 10:05 AM
Dan shook his head at Klaus's comments. On top of everything else, he had to put up with the werewolf's complaints. Dan leaned back in his chair and looked at Klaus.

I don't know where Lollipop nor Dagda disappeared to. And if we are to go in and save Jekko and stop Charissa from getting herself killed, I'm going to need help going in there. As much as I hate to say this, I will need you to come with me, Klaus. You know your way around that lab, and you can guide me safely through.

Klaus
08-05-2004, 10:33 AM
You will need me to get back to Empires lab.???? :blink: That would be suicide and Im too fond of living to put such a stunt. Id rather eat a tickling bomb, put a silver bullet in my heart and never drink milk again than putting myself in harms way. I dont have a death wish, for the Furry Mother! :shocked:

Oh, I miss Lollipop so badly. :( I really need a fan club right now, I feel so down.

So lonely, so lonely.

Jason Sanborn
08-05-2004, 10:40 AM
Yes, as much as I hate to admit it, I do need you. You are a werewolf, you shouldn't be afraid to go back in there. Why not show some of that werewolf superiority and bravery and show me how to get in there, without getting either of us killed in the process.

Klaus
08-05-2004, 10:43 AM
Brave? :blink: Me? :shocked:

:rofl:

Jason Sanborn
08-05-2004, 10:47 AM
You can be. You are a werewolf, afterall. I've heard of scardy cats, but not scardy dogs. So, are you telling me your a pussy cat?

Klaus
08-05-2004, 12:44 PM
I'm not a pussycat, but you can't judge a whole species under some preassumed behavior. Werewolves are also supposed to be kinda dumb and I'm a scientist, so you can consider me "not the average werewolf."

Now, if you insist on sending me back to the compound, I'll have to decline.

*Looking around.*

Now, where on Kelesar is Betsy? :? I ordered her some chocolate dog cookies and I'm starving! :?

Meteoro
08-05-2004, 12:46 PM
Dr V Empire

Meanwhile, at Empires compound.

Now, instead of cursing me, why not tell me what you have in mind for the next experiment?

Empire stood silent for a moment. He hadnt planned for Viktir to hear his rant, but there was nothing he could do about it now. An excuse wouldnt work, not that he felt like apologizing. So, he didnt say a thing about the issue at hand.

I want to restart Experiment V, lets call it Experiment VI. The last creature was a failure since the beginning, it took him too long to mature and it went insane. I want those issues solved, first. Then, I need a new hostess to carry the embryo, so, you better start looking for a new mom. I want a top female vampire without emotional ties to anyone in this compound, I wont have another rebellion.

The sooner we get started, the better.

Isianu
08-05-2004, 07:13 PM
On the Eclipse space station the two humans wandered through the various hallways, noticing how neat and tidy things were. There was no trash, no dust, not even a staleness to the air, but nothing indicating it was lived in recently. Out of the corner of their eye, motion came from a dark alcove, a pair of glowing red eyes were resting in there, seemingly watching them for several minutes. Once the two humans move close enough, the eyes squat down a foot or two and come out of the alcove revealing a small robot running on street sweeper brooms. It quickly moved towards the Dagda, but gave him a large berth, instead going behind them. It squated down and sprayed something on the floor they just walked on, then spent a minute buffing out the footprints they left behind them. After cleaning up, the robot went back to it's alcove and waiting for another mess to be made.

08-05-2004, 08:18 PM
As soon as Dr. Oskant left the room, R.A.C.H.E.L scanned the information on the screen. It had only taken her seconds to read the entire thing, and she understood every word she had read. It was not surprising, as she had read, she discovered that Dr. Oskant had embeded a highly advanced micro processor chip into her brain.
She discovered that he had found a way to integrate human tissue, liquid metal, and cybernetics harmoniously without harming the human subject. She was in all respects the first successful prototype, unlike any human, robot or cyborg in Kelesar. R.A.C.H.E.L. reveled in the newfound fact that she was unique and anxiously wanted to test out all of her abilities. Focusing on revenge and her new "body" would help her to keep human aspect of her from focusing on her loss, though she would never admit it. She held her hand in front of her face again, and concentrating a liquid armour formed over her fist. She flexed her hand and watched as the metal glistened in the light. R.A.C.H.E.L. formed and unformed the armour barrier over her hand again and again. She smiled as she thought about the revenge she would exact on those that stole her life, the life of her husband and unborn child.

Jason Sanborn
08-05-2004, 10:33 PM
Viktir looked at Empire with amusement.

You do realize that it is a physical impossibility for a female vampire to have a fetus in its body. What you are asking for would require me to add some cybernetics to allow for the fetus to develop properly.

Viktir was amused by the idea. He already knew the perfect vampire for the job. He couldn't wait to add the cybernetics to the vampire that would allow her to actually carry a child in her body. It was something that had never been done before, and he would be the first to attempt it. It was one of the few things he enjoyed working in this lab.

Jason Sanborn
08-05-2004, 10:52 PM
Betsy brought in some chocolate chip cookies for Klaus. She didn't know what he meant by "dog cookies" so found the best thing she could find.

Dan glared at Klaus. The werewolf was beyond annoying. He wished he knew what his game was. Dan stood up and walked over to Klaus.

Look, Klaus. I don't know what kind of game you are trying to play here, but people's lives are at stake. That may not mean anything to a monster like yourself, but it means a lot to me. I don't care about whether you are average or what, all I care about is making sure Jekko and Charissa get out alive, and you are the only one who can help. So, I suggest you figure out the best way for us to get in there safely, or you'll have a lot more to fear than whatever is in that lab.

Jason Sanborn
08-05-2004, 10:54 PM
Dan, sit down!

Beasly ordered.

Arguing about this will get us nowhere, and threatening Klaus will accomplish far less. If Klaus doesn't want to go in, we won't make him go in. He can still be of use here in the command center with me. We just need to determine what the best course of action is from this point forward, without dragging Klaus back into the lab.

Dagda
08-06-2004, 10:38 PM
On the Eclipse space station the two humans wandered through the various hallways, noticing how neat and tidy things were. There was no trash, no dust, not even a staleness to the air, but nothing indicating it was lived in recently. Out of the corner of their eye, motion came from a dark alcove, a pair of glowing red eyes were resting in there, seemingly watching them for several minutes. Once the two humans move close enough, the eyes squat down a foot or two and come out of the alcove revealing a small robot running on street sweeper brooms. It quickly moved towards the Dagda, but gave him a large berth, instead going behind them. It squated down and sprayed something on the floor they just walked on, then spent a minute buffing out the footprints they left behind them. After cleaning up, the robot went back to it's alcove and waiting for another mess to be made.

Dagda had almost attacked the cleaning unit before knowing what it was. He let out a sigh of releif when it turned out to not be a vampire.

"You know its kinda funny creepy that we haven't seen or heard anyone yet. Might be empty after all. I just wish the vampires had kitchen that didn't have directions for true Bloody Mary's or Bloody Sally's or...Well, you know."

Rayde
08-07-2004, 12:16 PM
Rayde was so surprised by the little robot that she barely suppressed a shriek.

"Hah. Yes, I know. Thats the problem, i'd rather not know....."

She glanced around her once more, her itchy finger resting on the Shock Rifle's trigger.

"So....um.......what kind of thing am I supposed to be looking for anyway?"

Klaus
08-09-2004, 11:50 AM
At Beaslys place, Klaus stared in shock at Dannellious who kept barking at him all kind of insults. Thankfully Beasly seemed to be on his side.

Thank you, Beasly, if it werent for you, Id be afraid this beast would give me the rabies or something. Speaking to Beasly as if Dannellious wasnt in the room. Looks like the beast is someone else, isnt it? Anyway, Beasly, Im glad you understand my position. I have no interest in going back to Empires lab. Im not an adventurer, but I still want to bring the compound down. Thankfully you seem to understand that.

Klaus ate a couple of cookies and then got back to Beasly. Im really sorry about Jekko and Charissa, but not because of that, Im going to throw myself into the mouth of the lion. Anyway, is it planning time? Ask anything you want to know and Ill help you.

Turning to Dannellious and then back to Beasly. Do you have a cage here? I fear for my life!

Meteoro
08-09-2004, 11:51 AM
Dr V Empire

Back at the compound.

Viktir, Im not asking you about the difficulty to make a female vampire to bear a creature in her womb. Im ordering you to make one of them available! Thats all. Experiment V was a failure because it lacked a connection with other vampires. He wasnt sired and his link to me and his mother was just genetically. We need to establish a bond to make Experiment VI loyal to us, to avoid turning him into an irrational murdering machine.

Empire stared in Viktirs eyes with his piercing sight.

I know youre dying to perform this experiment, so stop complaining and lets make things roll.

Jason Sanborn
08-09-2004, 12:51 PM
Beasly sighed.

You are safe, Klaus. Dan won't harm you. Beasly glared at Dan when he spoke this, making sure Dan was well aware that he meant what he said.

Although you both need to stop antagonizing each other. If we are going to work together to stop this, we need to work together as a team. If either of you does anything to antagonize the other again, I will personally give you a new definition of pain. Am I understood?

Beasly looked more at Dan as he spoke, even though he spoke to both of them. Dan had a look of anger on his face, but still he nodded his agreement. Beasly then looked at Klaus, waiting for his response.

Jason Sanborn
08-09-2004, 01:06 PM
Viktir smiled.

Oh, I have no complaints. Just making sure you are aware of what needs to be done. I will return to be office to search for the perfect female vampire to be the mother of your child.

Viktir laughed at the thought of it, this would be perfect. Adding cybernetics to a vampire to allow her to carry a vampire child. It would be wonderful. Viktir turned and started walking out of Empire's lab.

Meteoro
08-09-2004, 01:36 PM
Dr V Empire

Empire smiled silently as Viktir walked away from his personal lab. He knew his assistant would be more than pleased to start a new experiment, the scientist in him was stronger than any antagonism he could have to his boss.

Once Viktir left, Empire walked around the lab and stopped in front of the broken giant test tube where Experiment V was encased before it escaped.

Looks like you were worthier dead than alive, my son.

Klaus
08-09-2004, 01:39 PM
Klaus shrugged at Beaslys comments. Youre right. Turning to Dannellious. Thankfully Beasly is the brains of this outfit. Im glad he can bring some sense into your mind.

From now on, I promise I will treat you with the respect you deserve. :twisted:

Jason Sanborn
08-09-2004, 05:46 PM
Beasly sighed and rolled his eyes at Klaus's remarks. It was like dealing with a pair of 5-year olds.

Good, since we have an understanding, we need to plan how to get back into the lab, stop Charissa, and save Jekko. Klaus, can you tell us how we can get in there without being discovered this time?

Isianu
08-09-2004, 06:50 PM
Going past the cleaning robot, they came to a piatza with some rather disturbingly beatuiful sculptures and various empty shops selling art and impulse items. There is also an information kiosk that has a rather large spiderweb inside of it, apparently not in the cleaning robot's path. Once they passed it, a deep voice came from it, "Lost child?" Turning about you can see a tall, thin man with sharp features dressed in a rather formal evening wear. He has a helpful attitude and a warm smile, "Maybe I could help you. That is my job afterall," He says jesturing back at the kiosk, which still had the spiderwebs intact. "May I ask, how you came aboard the station, I didn't hear the docking klaxon?"

Jason Sanborn
08-09-2004, 09:35 PM
Viktir made his way back to his office. Once in his office, he pressed the intercom button. One of the lab guards answered the intercom.

Guard: Yes, Dr. Oskant?

I need you to find Black Cherry and have her come to my office. I have an assignment for her. It is very impotant.

Guard: Yes, of course, Sir.

Viktir moved away from the desk and walked back into the room where R.A.C.H.E.L. was waiting.

Ich bin traurig. I did not mean to keep you waiting. How are you feeling?

((M: The Guard is an NPC, you can control him/her in Black Cherry's post. ;)))

08-10-2004, 03:24 PM
R.A.C.H.E.L.'s back had been to the door, but she had heard Dr. Oskant long before he had entered. She had been marveling at her new abilities when he had walked through the door. She did not trust Dr. Oskant, she knew he had saved her for his own purposes, but she would remain loyal, if for nothing more than curiosity and the chance to indulge in her new found abilities. At his inquiry, she turned to face him raising her eyebrow in a questioning look.

I feel unlike I have ever felt in my entire life. I suppose I should be grateful that I am the first of my kind, what ever that is suppose to be.
The first human ever to have their DNA successfully combined with technology, that is quite the accomplishment Dr. Except for the evidence of the technology within me, one would never know any difference. The chip in my brain has now completely become part of it, utilizing every capacity of my abilities. Not only do I have the capability to process information faster, move quicker, repair my wounds, hear and see much better, but it appears as if this will slow my aging if not totally halt it. I am interested to see what will develop as I become accustom to my new body and the technology within me learns.

R.A.C.H.E.L. hopped off the table and walked toward the Dr.

I should be grateful for all you've done for me Dr. Oskant, but I am curious about one thing. Why have you left me with the ability to bear children? It is not like I have the desire to perform in this capacity anymore.

Jason Sanborn
08-10-2004, 03:33 PM
Viktir smiled.

The miracle of life. It is a mystery, is it not? Why would I take that mystery away from you, if I was able to save it? Besides, there is more to it than that, as you have probably learned.

In order to preserve that function in your body, I also had to implant several different technologies to make that function. Any child you attempt to bear now, will also have its DNA combined with your technology, thus allowing a cyborg to bear and give birth to another cyborg. Ingenious, ist es nicht?

08-10-2004, 03:47 PM
To say that R.A.C.H.E.L was still in shock and numb to the situation that brought her here was clear, but it did not stop her from asking questions in which she wanted answers to. Besides, she would have to want to carry another child before his efforts would even matter, and right now she would tell him to go to the pit before that would happen.

Yes, Dr. Oskant, you have thought of everything. Now, we do we go from here?

Meteoro
08-10-2004, 04:28 PM
Black Cherry

Deep within the nest of the Ninja-Vampires, Black Cherry was in deep meditation inside of her quarters. Her senses enhanced, she knew the exact location of everyone in the compound, from Dr V Empire, to all of the other ninjas. She had established no bond with no one at the Ninja Force, because that would be a sign of weakness and she wouldnt allow herself to be weak. That aspect of being human had been long lost to her, even if memories of her past life kept coming to her from time to time.

She opened her eyes and walked to the door as she sensed one of the personal guards of Viktir Oskant approaching. Moving like a shadow, she opened the door.

I was meditating and you interrupted me. For your own sake, I hope you have a good reason.

Guard: Dr Oskant sent me for you. Is that reason enough?

Black Cherry sighed. Lets get going. The sooner I speak with him, the better.

A couple of minutes later, Black Cherry and the guard walked into the laboratory where Viktir and R.A.C.H.E.L. were having a very disturbing conversation.

You sent for me, Dr Oskant, Im here.

Jason Sanborn
08-10-2004, 04:42 PM
Before Viktir could answer R.A.C.H.E.L, Black Cherry entered the lab. Viktir turned and looked at Black Cherry. At first, his expression was one of anger. No one was allowed into his labs without permission. She knew she was supposed to wait in the office. Silently he cursed himself for forgetting to close the door.

His look of anger quickly changed to that of pleasantness as he spoke to Black Cherry.

Your etiquette aside, I am glad you have come so quickly. You have been selected out of all the vampires to assist me with a very special experiment.

Dagda
08-10-2004, 07:49 PM
Going past the cleaning robot, they came to a piatza with some rather disturbingly beatuiful sculptures and various empty shops selling art and impulse items. There is also an information kiosk that has a rather large spiderweb inside of it, apparently not in the cleaning robot's path. Once they passed it, a deep voice came from it, "Lost child?" Turning about you can see a tall, thin man with sharp features dressed in a rather formal evening wear. He has a helpful attitude and a warm smile, "Maybe I could help you. That is my job afterall," He says jesturing back at the kiosk, which still had the spiderwebs intact. "May I ask, how you came aboard the station, I didn't hear the docking klaxon?"

"Actually, we were just looking for the central computer. We're, uh, computer repair techs."

Rayde
08-11-2004, 02:48 AM
Rayde stood behind Dagda, nervous at the sudden appearance of this strange individual.

"Actually, we were just looking for the central computer. We're, uh, computer repair techs."

Rayde followed Dagda's bluff immediately. Reaching into her pocket, she pulled out her Foreman identification and flashed it at the man. In the half-light, it would be too difficult for anyone to know that her I.D. was not that of a computer repair tech.

She smiled, confident and casual.

"Yeah, we recieved a call, report of a level G computer virus that requires immediate attention. Your co-operation would be greatly appreciated."

Quaxo9
08-11-2004, 08:48 AM
Charissa

groaannnnn

::Charissa woke up with her nose smelling the concrete floor. Her head was pounding and she felt as though her limbs were heavy. Slowly, she openned her eyes and then blinked them wildly. There, infront of her eyes was the full scematic readout of her status. She read them eagerly and muttered several congratulatory phrases to no one in particular.::

Yessssss. WooHOO!!! Alright - ACTIVATE!

::The systems came online and assisted Charis' muscles in lifting her now much heavier frame off the ground. The feeling was exhilarating - as though there were millions of hands on her helping her up. Focussing on the readouts, Charissa input a few commands using only her thoughts. Much to her pleasure (and surprise), the suit obeyed by allowing her eyes to see through the lenses to the outside world while still seeing the computer feed. She started commanding droids from inside the suit and they responded as though she had typed them in herself! To say she was ecstatic would have been an understatement. She jumped up and down and tested the new shielding device by setting off an energy weapon at herself - on purpose, of course.:ermm: What a breakthrough! The suit worked! And she wasn't dead! She came of her high momentarily when she saw picture of Jekko on her workbench. Picking it up, she stared at it for a moment, then firmed her resolve. She had to get him out. Grabbing an extra high-powered energy weapon, although she scarcely needed it with the suit's already hyped-up arsenal, and ran out the door, using mental commands to seal the doors behind her. On the way out, she forgot she was now 6 inches taller and wanged her head more than once on the low pipes. Other than a headache - and a few holes in the ceiling due to the weapon in her hands going off by accident - she made it outside without incident. She took off at a full run, the suit's joints taking all the strain and enabling larger strides than she could have ever hoped for. As she jumped the body of a technowolf, she remembered the people she had left at Beasley's and hacked into the outer mainframe once again with a message.::

<Hey guys! I've suited up and I'm on my way! Quite honestly, I don't even think I'd need backup! See you in a few with my BROTHER!>

Jason Sanborn
08-11-2004, 10:36 AM
Beasly saw the computer message come onto the screen.

Charissa is still in the city. She just sent a message.

Beasly started typing something on the keyboard quickly. He hoped that Charissa was too preoccupied to over her tracks. If she covered her tracks, there would be no way he would trace the source of the communication.

After a moment he had a lock on where the message was sent from. The strange thing was that the signal was moving and it was moving quickly.

I think I found her. At least I think it is her. Whatever computer she used to hack in with is moving very rapidly, not far away. Dan, quickly, go to Fifth and Hanover, you should be able to cut her off there. I'll update you on her location over the radio.

Jason Sanborn
08-11-2004, 10:46 AM
Dan nodded his agreement and ran out of the house, knocking over the chair he was sitting in as he stood up quickly. As he ran out the door, he contacted Beasly, to make sure the communications device was still working.

Testing, 1...2...3... Do you read me, Beasly?

Beasly: Loud and clear Dan. She's still on the same heading. Better hurry, though. She is moving very fast. She must be in a vehicle of some kind.

Understood!

Dan ran as fast as he could down the city streets. He was raised in this city, he knew every street and every alleyway like the back of his hand.

Beasly: Better make that Seventh and Hannover, Dan. She's moving faster than I thought.

Dan groaned.

Got it.

Dan turned up another alleyway, adjusting to get to the new location even quicker. Finally, he reached Seventh and Hannover, and bent forward, leaning on his knees to catch his breath.

I'm at Seventh and Hannover. Where's Charissa?

Beasly: She's moving your way fast. She's on Hannover at Fourth Street currently.

Dan straightened up and looked in the direction of Fourth Street. He could see in the darkness a tall cyborg running towards him.

What the? It's not Charissa! It's a cyborg of some kind. I'll stop it and find out why we are tracking it, and not her.

Dan stood to the side, out of view, waiting for just the right opportunity to jump out and take down the cyborg. It took only a few seconds for the cyborg to reach where he was. Dan quickly jumped onto the cyborg and used his body weight to try to knock the cyborg off balance, and onto the ground.

Isianu
08-11-2004, 06:56 PM
The man only gives a slight glance at Rayde's badge and says, "Oh, that might explain not hearing the siren then. Very well, I'll take you to the central computer room then, if you would follow me..." He says turning about and moving down one of the corridors with a well measured pace. On the way he commented, "Honestly I wouldn't know why they would tell me anything vital to the operation to the station. It's just been we've been running on half power for several weeks, and haven't had any sort of repair men come by. I think it is aboutt time someone showed up..."

Openning a large door at the end of a back hallway, he gestured for them to enter the room,"This is it," He says flipping up the lights. "I honestly don't know anything about this computer stuff, but feel free to go to town about it." He stands by the hallway watching the two fix the mammoth super-computer that takes up most of the room, a bit of a wry smile on his face.

Quaxo9
08-12-2004, 08:23 AM
Charissa

::She was running along, minding her own business - which is probably why whoever it was managed to sneak up on her - when suddenly a body flew into her out of an alleyway. Charis was spun about, but the anti-falling talons on the suit flipped out from her calves and kept her upright. However, her finger had been resting on the trigger slightly and the gun went off in her hands in the tall whatsits direction. The form seemed somewhat familiar, but she was having a bit of trouble sorting through the visual information being fed her by the helmet. At any rate, it probably wasn't someone on her side, so she drew herself away from it, leveled her right arm and then spoke in her scariest voice.::

Go ahead. Make my day.

Jason Sanborn
08-12-2004, 09:32 AM
Dan didn't knock the cyborg over, but did put a stop to the run. The cyborg spun and fired its weapon at him. He twisted at the same time as the cyborg fired, but he was not quick enough. The weapon graced his upper arm, causing considerable pain. He grabbed at the wound with his free hand and took in his breath in pain.

When he heard the voice, he recognized it right away. Last time he heard that menacing voice was when a little woman decided to put a gun in his face.

Charissa?

Dan asked, through clenched teeth.

Quaxo9
08-12-2004, 10:24 AM
Charissa

Oops. :ermm:

::As Dan spoke, she had finally sorted out the incoming signals to a point where she could recognize her ally. She felt awful, and for the first time, realized that she should have practiced more with using the suit before taking off in it. Playing with the gun, she figured out how to power it down and tried to put a hand on Dan's shoulder to help stop the bleeding. She was still over a foot shorter than him, but by activating another "talon" was able to push herself up so she could reach him. Dan wouldn't be able to see her eyes, as they were covered by the yellowish goggles, but he would be able to see her biting her lip in a worried fashion.::

I'm really sorry Dan. I didn't know it was you. :(

Jason Sanborn
08-12-2004, 10:33 AM
Don't worry, I'm a quick healer.

Beasly spoke to Dan thorugh the earpiece in Dan's ear. Only he could hear what Beasly was saying.

Beasly: What's going on, Dan?

I found Charissa, we'll be coming back shortly.

Beasly: You were injured?

She shot me. Minor flesh wound. No big deal. We'll see you in a few.

Dan focused his attention back on Charissa.

You still have a lot to learn if you want to be part of the Resistance. First of which is you work with your cell members. You don't fly solo. Second, you tell your cell members and your cell leader what is going on. Like what's up with the cybernetics?

Rayde
08-12-2004, 11:58 AM
Rayde marvelled at the enormous super computers. They were almost exactly like the ones she had learnt to operate on her home planet of Retz, yet infinitely more efficient!

Rayde rubbed hands with glee, her confidence escalating rapidly.

Fiddling with a screwdriver, she beckoned Dagda over, pretending to ask his advice on something.

"It'll probably be only a ten minute job to get this up and running again" she whispered, "but it would be easy for me to drag the repair out to, say twenty minutes or half an hour.

During that time, I should have a chance to access the mainframe. If your looking for information here, that would be the best place to start. I just need to know what kind of stuff your after....."

Klaus
08-12-2004, 01:17 PM
*At Beaslys place, Klaus stood side by side with the ring leader, listening to the conversation through the intercom system.*

Beasly: You were injured?

She shot me. Minor flesh wound. No big deal.

Darn! :?

Meteoro
08-12-2004, 01:24 PM
Black Cherry

At Empires compound, the ninja vampire Black Cherry listened carefully to Viktirs every word.

You have been selected out of all the vampires to assist me with a very special experiment.

Im glad I can be of assistance, said the vampire pleased. Ive been working real hard in the Ninja Force and Im glad youre taking notice.

What do you need me for? Is there some hunt you want me to accomplish?

Jason Sanborn
08-12-2004, 01:34 PM
Nein. It is more important than that. Your value and contribution to Dr. V Empire is greater than you can possibly imagine.

Viktir turned to the console next to him and pressed a few buttons. The door behind Black Cherry closed, sealing her inside with Viktir and RACHEL.

Come, lie on the table. I need to, um, examine you, to make sure you are prepared for the task ahead.

Viktir continued typing on the console. A message from the console was sent to RACHEL, so only she could see it. The message was simple, if Black Cherry didn't come willingly to the table, she was to force her to come to the table.

Meteoro
08-12-2004, 01:42 PM
Black Cherry

She found it definitely odd that Viktir asked her to lie down for examination.

Is there something wrong with me? Vampires dont get sick, I guess you know that already.

The woman sat down on the examination table but hesitated for a moment. You better be careful with what youre doing Oskant. My allegiance is to Empire and he better has knowledge of what youre doing.

Finally, she put her head on a little pillow, allowing the light to shine on her incredibly pale skin. Her oriental eyes closed because of the shine.

I hope you understand Ill have full acknowledge of this place.

Jason Sanborn
08-12-2004, 01:54 PM
Viktir nodded.

Of course. Dr. Empire has asked me to find you. As I said, you are important to his plans.

Viktir picked up a syringe from a tray next to him. It was filled with a yellow-orange liquid.

Now, this may burn a little. I apologize.

Viktir looked at RACHEL.

Please, restrain her. I don't want her to injure herself.

Meteoro
08-12-2004, 02:18 PM
Black Cherry

Restrain? :? Black Cherry opened her eyes at Oskants order. No one restrains me. Not while Im working willingly with you! The vampire sat down on the operating table and focused her eyes on Oskants.

Your thoughts are so dirty that the air stinks in this room, Viktir. You reek of betrayal and no matter how nice you want to put it, its evident that you want to use me. I wont allow you.

Black Cherry started to transform into mists, hoping to escape from this trap.

Jason Sanborn
08-12-2004, 02:25 PM
The restraint was for your own benefit, Cherry. But since you insist on doing things the hard way.

Viktir pressed some buttons on his monitor. Several lights turned on in the room. They were bright UV lights designed to mimick the light of the sun. The power level was low, so it would force Black Cherry back into her human form, so that she could be restrained by RACHEL.

08-12-2004, 02:38 PM
RACHEL gave a look to Viktor that she understood and stepped closer to the table. At Viktor's command, she went to take hold of Black Cherry, before the vampire had tried to make her escape. Viktor's quick reflexes prevented the vampire from turning herself completely into mist, once whole again, RACHEL restrained her and prevented her from moving.

Jason Sanborn
08-12-2004, 02:41 PM
Once RACHEL has restrained Black Cherry, Viktir put the syringe in Black Cherry's neck and injected the yellow liquid into her body. Black Cherry would feel the burning sensation inside her body from the serum, and outside the body from the lights. It would only take a moment for the serum to work, but during that moment, Black Cherry would feel like her body was on fire. Then, she would fall into a deep vampiric sleep upon which she will only awaken when she is fed blood.

After injecting Black Cherry, Viktir stood back and waited for the serum to take effect, thankful that RACHEL was operational in time to restrain the vampire.

Quaxo9
08-13-2004, 06:44 PM
Charissa

::She winced when Dan so flatly declared that she shot him. It honestly WAS an accident. He was right though - she needed to learn to work with other people. Charissa hung her head as she walked back to Beasly's with Dan - her strides nearly matching his now.::

I'm really sorry Dan. I'm just not used to working with other people in a team. The only one I could rely on was Jekko and when you guys weren't going after him...well...I had to do something where I thought something wasn't being done.

::She sighed and was silent for a little while before continuing.::

As to the cybernetics, they're a new project Jeks and I were working on. They're removeable. Completely integrational and removable. The first of its kind. Pretty nice lookin' suit, eh?

::With that, Charis couldn't stifle a proud grin and glanced at Dan to see what he thought. ::

Jason Sanborn
08-13-2004, 09:30 PM
You are correct, we weren't going after him right away. To do so would have killed the rest of us. Do I want to leave Jekko behind? Absolutely not! At the same time I don't want to sacrifice the lives of others in the cell for the sake of the one.

Now, we are trying to find a way into the lab to find Jekko without getting ourselves killed. That takes some time to plan, and your running off only complicated matters. By working as a team, that means trusting that the team leader is looking out for everyone's best interest.

Dan stopped walking and looked at Charissa. At the same time, he took the radio out of his ear and turned it off.

I'm going to tell you this off the record. I turned my radio off, so that this stays between the two of us. I don't want to lose Jekko down there, nor do I want to lose you down there. You both have good potential, once you start listening and not jumping to your own plans. Your brother is a capable fighter, and you are a wizard with technology. You are the brains while he is the brawn. It is a great combination that will benefit any resistence cell, and I want you both to be part of my cell.

Dagda
08-13-2004, 10:46 PM
Rayde marvelled at the enormous super computers. They were almost exactly like the ones she had learnt to operate on her home planet of Retz, yet infinitely more efficient!

Rayde rubbed hands with glee, her confidence escalating rapidly.

Fiddling with a screwdriver, she beckoned Dagda over, pretending to ask his advice on something.

"It'll probably be only a ten minute job to get this up and running again" she whispered, "but it would be easy for me to drag the repair out to, say twenty minutes or half an hour.

During that time, I should have a chance to access the mainframe. If your looking for information here, that would be the best place to start. I just need to know what kind of stuff your after....."

"Actually...can you send a message from here? I think I still have a com to Beasley here and he can pick and chose what he wants. Man, I cannot beleive this worked."

Rayde
08-14-2004, 09:45 AM
"I'm all over it!" :twisted:

Flipping open several panels, she called to the tall man that had met them.

"Yeah, heres your problem. You've got the XBC virus eating your memory and hard drive. I'm gonna need you to go and fetch some blank disks and power cables, as many as you can find."

Rayde watched as the man nodded at her.

Satisfied that she was no longer being watched, Rayde's fingers rattled across the keyboards and connected circuits, until the screen lit up a dull green colour.

"Got it. Now dial up your friend quick, before anyone notices what we're doing!"

Isianu
08-14-2004, 05:41 PM
The man nods and turns heading out of the room to get the disks Rayde required, shutting the door behind him. There was nothing heard of in the computer room save for both human's breathing until Rayde had established a connection to the communications relay. All of a sudden the lights in the room turn out, leaving only the small glowing lights of the computer with their slight luminecence. Suddenly something grabs the girl in a grip harder than steel bending her head to the side with the breath of something foul on her neck. Then the voice of the guide whispers, "Oh, it's been so long since I've had such a sweet young thing as yourself. Just rats and the filth they call meals up here, but now I shall have my just deserts and you're all mine...." Just then two sharp points start to gently push down the woman's neck over a rather vital artiery.

Quaxo9
08-14-2004, 06:37 PM
Charissa

::Charissa just nodded in silence as Dan spoke about how to behave as a team and gave reasons for doing what he did. He was right. She had been rash. When he stopped to look at her, she did too and pushed up the goggles on her head as she looked up at him.::

I'm going to tell you this off the record. I turned my radio off, so that this stays between the two of us. I don't want to lose Jekko down there, nor do I want to lose you down there. You both have good potential, once you start listening and not jumping to your own plans. Your brother is a capable fighter, and you are a wizard with technology. You are the brains while he is the brawn. It is a great combination that will benefit any resistence cell, and I want you both to be part of my cell.

*stunned* Whoa. You mean, you actually WANT us on your team? I thought you, well, you didn't seem to, uh, like us or anthing. So, I guess, wow. Thanks. Ummm, well, you know that this is what Jeks and I wanted, so I think I can speak for both of us when I say "we accept". It would be great to work with you to better our world.

::She gave Dannellious a lopsided grin, and then with a mischevious glint in her eye, she stepped back a bit and lowered the goggles once more. Charis never could remain serious for too long - it was hazardous to her health.::

So, what'ya say we test this puppy out? Race you back to Beasly's! :D

::With that, she took off running down the alleyway, scanning the whole time for technology not belonging to her.::

Rayde
08-15-2004, 05:45 AM
The man nods and turns heading out of the room to get the disks Rayde required, shutting the door behind him. There was nothing heard of in the computer room save for both human's breathing until Rayde had established a connection to the communications relay. All of a sudden the lights in the room turn out, leaving only the small glowing lights of the computer with their slight luminecence. Suddenly something grabs the girl in a grip harder than steel bending her head to the side with the breath of something foul on her neck. Then the voice of the guide whispers, "Oh, it's been so long since I've had such a sweet young thing as yourself. Just rats and the filth they call meals up here, but now I shall have my just deserts and you're all mine...." Just then two sharp points start to gently push down the woman's neck over a rather vital artiery.

:pale:
Rayde was paralyzed with fear as the she heard the guides words right behind her.

And, not for the first time, a certain thought crossed her mind.

'I never should have left planet Retz...'

The sensation of the terrible fangs scraping down her neck finally broke the spell, pushing her mind back into reality.

With a high-pitched scream of terror, Rayde leapt forward, snatching up her Shock Rifle and pulling down hard on the trigger in a panic. The bullets rattled out through the darkness, some of them ricocheting off unkown pieces of metal, others simply flaring up and dissapearing as the darkness was suddenly lit by Rayde emptying the entire clip into it.

The gun clicked onto an empty chamber, and the room was silent again.

Rayde's neck felt wet. She was suddenly worried that the fangs had inadvertantly scratched her as she had pulled away. Maybe it was just sweat, though. Yes, that was a reassuring thought. Maybe she wasn't cut after all.

Her hands gripped at her belt where the she kept the knife that Adrian Straylight had given her.

It was too quiet.

Where was Dagda? For a second, Rayde had the terrible thought that he had been hit by one of her stray bullets...

"....D.....Dagda?

Are you there?"

Dagda
08-15-2004, 10:20 AM
Dagda had been just about to open the com when the lights went out. As the bursts of fire started, Dagda tosses the comlink onto the computer and hit the ground.

"I'm here. Just give me a second to call up some light."

Dagda's sigil flares to life and illuminates the room.

"Hold still for a moment. He grazed you before crawling back into hiding."

Gets up and places a hand over Rayde's neck and lets the yellow energy heal her wounds.

"Lucky for you, healing is one of the few powers that works regularly for me. Now if you didn't shot the com contact Beasley while I start looking for the sucker around here. And just run screaming if he comes back unless you have a cross or stake handy."

Thinks 'Man, when did I become a fool hero.' and starts off looking for the vampire.

Jason Sanborn
08-15-2004, 12:20 PM
Dan turned his communications device back on, put it back in his ear and ran after Charissa. That cybernetic "suit" that Charissa wore gave her incredible speed. There was no way he could keep up with her. He finally managed to catch her when she stopped at the front of Beasly's house.

Very funny. Yes, you are faster than me. I trust you won't do that when we need to work together?

Rayde
08-15-2004, 05:17 PM
Dagda had been just about to open the com when the lights went out. As the bursts of fire started, Dagda tosses the comlink onto the computer and hit the ground.

"I'm here. Just give me a second to call up some light."

Dagda's sigil flares to life and illuminates the room.

"Hold still for a moment. He grazed you before crawling back into hiding."

Gets up and places a hand over Rayde's neck and lets the yellow energy heal her wounds.

"Lucky for you, healing is one of the few powers that works regularly for me. Now if you didn't shot the com contact Beasley while I start looking for the sucker around here. And just run screaming if he comes back unless you have a cross or stake handy."

Thinks 'Man, when did I become a fool hero.' and starts off looking for the vampire.

"Thanks.."

Despite being shaken up, Rayde managed to hold it together. She would not be caught unawares again.

Clicking another clip into her gun, she let it hang down by the strap and unbuckled her belt to get her knife.

Clasping the sheathed knife in her right hand, she leant against the wall and activated the miraculously undamaged comm.

"Beasly? Hello.....erm......are you getting this? My name's Rayde. I'm with Dagda on the Space station, and he wants to talk to you. Please respond."

On reflection, it wasn't the coolest introduction that she could have made, but it was the first thing that came out of her mouth.

Waiting for a response, she glanced around nervously, watching for the vampire's return.

Jason Sanborn
08-15-2004, 11:48 PM
Beasly was waiting for Dan to return with Charissa when he heard a new voice over the comm.

"Beasly? Hello.....erm......are you getting this? My name's Rayde. I'm with Dagda on the Space station, and he wants to talk to you. Please respond."
Beasly wondered, at first, if this was a trick. They lost several comms in Empire's lab. Could one of them be trying to fool them now? Beasly decided to answer.

This is Beasly.

Beasly then stopped his broadcasting and looked at Klaus, so that only Klaus would hear his next question.

Do you recognize the voice? Could this be one of Empire's tricks?

Rayde
08-16-2004, 03:55 AM
As the comm crackled into life, Rayde felt a little relieved and called out to Dagda.

"Dagda! We've got a response!"

Quaxo9
08-16-2004, 06:33 AM
Charissa

::Charis laughed as she opened the door.::

No worries, big guy. I'm your right hand man now. ;) Whoa.

::She reeled a little bit at the information that was pouring into her headset. All the electrical information including transmission waves were being filtered through. She slowly shut down all the extra functions that she didn't need and raised the goggles to rub her eyes.::

Dagda
08-16-2004, 06:38 AM
Dagda had just started to look for where the vamp had slinked off to when Rayde called him back. Concentrating to keep them safe, he hoped, Dagda ran back to where the com was.

"Hey, old man. How much would you pay for full access to the sucker satalite's computer?"

Jason Sanborn
08-16-2004, 09:46 AM
Klaus hadn't answered before Beasly heard Dagda's voice in the com. Beasly opened his end of the com channel to answer Dagda.

Full access to the computer in the satellite? I'd give anything for that. But how the heck did you get to the satellite?

Jason Sanborn
08-16-2004, 09:49 AM
Dan went over to Charissa.

Are you alright? It looks like that suit is taking too much out of you. Is this the first time you wore this contraption?

Quaxo9
08-16-2004, 11:04 AM
Charissa

I'm okay. I guess I just wasn't ready for information influxes of this magnitude. I haven't been in the suit before per se, but I have been in sims. Of course, the sims weren't overly reliable...but anyways, I'm in it now and it is working within acceptable parameters. It's me that can't quite handle the suit. I'll just have to run some exercises and that problem should clear up. See, the suit is actually tapped into my brain - I can think and it'll happen. I can control all my drones and hack with a thought. Don't worry, there are plenty of back up systems to make sure I don't get backlash or hacked myself.

::She didn't want to say it, but it did take a lot of energy to keep the suit under control. She couldn't just think without having to reroute the "commands" from the suit. Right now, she didn't want to take it off. She needed to get used to the suit - that's all.::

Dagda
08-16-2004, 01:32 PM
Klaus hadn't answered before Beasly heard Dagda's voice in the com. Beasly opened his end of the com channel to answer Dagda.

Full access to the computer in the satellite? I'd give anything for that. But how the heck did you get to the satellite?

I got sent all over the galaxy and possibly beyond on some hair brained save the universe while cosmic gods and devils were fighting. Luckily, I managed to find a Rayde back. We docked at the satellite and have been creeping around. Got a sucker roaming about near here but Rayde's got the system open for you computer people to play with.

Jason Sanborn
08-16-2004, 02:15 PM
Beasly spoke into the comm to Dan.

Dan, I can tell you and Charissa are upstairs. Get your butts down here now! I need Charissa to link us securely on this end to the satellite's computer. Dagda has hit paydirt!

Beasly then switched the com to Dagda.

Charissa is here, and will be in the lab in a moment. Shle will secure things on our end and work with your friend Rayde to create a secure data-link that will not allow the vampires to track us.

Jason Sanborn
08-16-2004, 02:18 PM
Dan shook his head listening to Charissa. She was a stubborn one. It was obvious that the suit was having a bad effect on her, yet her pride prevented her from stating more about it.

That pride is going to hurt you, and others on your team. I can see...

Dan was interrupted by Beasly's urgent message. Dan sighed.

Understood, Beasly, we're on our way down.

Dan looked at Charissa again.

We'll talk about this more later. For now, Beasly needs your computer skills. We need to go downstairs.

Dan starts heading towards the stairs.

Quaxo9
08-16-2004, 04:15 PM
Charissa

Yeah, yeah, yeah. I know - but you worry too much. :roll:

::Charissa immediately started down the stairs as Beasly called for them. She walked over to the main console and quickly realized that the suit was not designed for sitting down. Oh well.::

S'cuse Beasly.

::Two connector cables snaked from her right arm and plugged into ports on Beasly's computer as she pulled the goggles down over her eyes with her left hand. Immediately, she started sorting through cyberspace, riding on the comm signal Dagda had started up. She was working per normal, but now she didn't need to use the keyboard. Charis could see the portals in the cyber realm that could open up the secure link and she could then filter in the code through the suit into the computers. She was working quickly - at higher efficiency than usual, which almost surprised her. A mic flipped out of the helmet beside her mouth and she turned the audio headset on.::

Hey Dagda! Long time no see. Love the company you're keeping though - the information stored here is incredible. The download shouldn't take too long though. How long can you give me?

Dagda
08-16-2004, 04:47 PM
"Here that Rayde. She likes you. You're making friends already. And we have what twenty minutes? And how hard would it be to frame Dr. Empire for the 'virus' on this station?"

Quaxo9
08-16-2004, 04:53 PM
Charissa

Twenty minutes? Perfect! I can do a complete wipe at this speed. I'm beginning the download now. And Dagda - I like how you think. Just wait 'till the sucker police bear down on our friend Dr. V. Empire. :twisted:

::The processors in the suit allowed data to be downloaded faster than usual, so a total drive wipe was fully in her capacity. Finding a place to store the data was the next job, then going through the data would be the hard part. Downloading was relatively easy, as was checking for openings in the secure line, so she felt that she could chat a little.::

So, who's Rayde? Your giirrrrllfriieeenndd? :mrgreen:

Isianu
08-16-2004, 05:11 PM
The room was deathly still, nothing moved but the little lights of the computers and the communications glowed steadily. Through the scratchy rudimentary reciever, the two humans could swear they were hearing distorted screams underneath Charissa's voice. A brief second after the last transmission was recieved, the vampire pounced upon Dagda, slamming both of them into the console for a second knocking wires and turnning of the monitor. Feeling his prey being rather disoriented, he drew him back and dispensed with the plesantries, sinking his fangs into the sigil bearer's neck.

Dagda
08-16-2004, 05:34 PM
At Charissa's question, Dagda looked at Rayde and then at the com trying to sputter out some sort of answer when the vampire attacked. Dagda's head was spinning when he felt the fangs slip in. The sigil flared red for a moment and Dagda's blood glowed as well as it went down the vampires throat. The blood changed and took on all the properties of holy water.

Isianu
08-16-2004, 05:47 PM
The vampire screamed as soon as the blood transmuted itself, letting go of Dagda letting out a horrible scream as it melted his digestive track. Thrashing about in the dark, he managed to get out of the door before falling to the floor, disolving into a unappitizing oozing heap.

Despite of that, the rest of the station remained quiet, until a drop of blood from Dagda's neck ran down his finger landing on the cold steel floor. In the depths of the station to it's upper reaches, things began to stir waking up from a long sleep. Several dozen hypersensitive noses sniffed the air, smelling something they haven't had for several months. Getting out of their toupor the shapes starts advancing through the station, only one thing on their mind, BLOOD!

Rayde
08-17-2004, 04:40 AM
Rayde saw the vampire grab Dagda. She was about to grab her knife and lunge at the vampire, but suddenly, the sucker seemed to develop a bizarre allergy to Dagda's blood.

:shock: "What the hell!?!? What pathetic excuse for a vampire was that?"

Rayde shrugged and picked up the comm.

"Hi there, Rayde here again, sorry, just had a bit of encounter with your 'sucker'. We're both alright, thank goodness.

I was wondering how that download was coming? Its just I'd prefer to spend as little time in this creepy place as possible. Haha, And as for me being Dagda's 'girlfriend', well thats....." She paused.

For a second there, she thought she heard movement within the satelite.

Her hand strayed to her Shock Rifle as she spoke to Dagda.

"Um....... do you think there are any more of those creatures around here....?"

Quaxo9
08-17-2004, 07:09 AM
Charissa

::Charissa heard some banging in the background and the odd curse. Automatically, she put her hand to her audio piece even though she didn't need to touch it to activate it anymore.::

Hello? Hey - what's going on?

::Rayde came on again and she sighed in relief. She was wondering about the answer to her impromptu question, when Rayde was interrupted again. Frowning, Charissa accessed some video displays inside the spacestation.::

Uh oh. I you two want to leave alive, I suggest you get going NOW. I will keep up the download for as long as possible. You have an army of undead coming your way - I'll do my best to slow them down.

::Charissa started overloading circuits in the hallways through which the monsters were moving.::

Rayde
08-17-2004, 01:02 PM
:pale:

Rayde swallowed. Her mouth seemed uncomfortably dry.

"Thanks. Over and out."

She turned to Dagda.

"You hear that? I'm all for heading back to the ship. Maybe we can take off before we become lunch....."

but her sentence was cut off as the resounding crash of claw against metal sounded out across the station, and the rythm of foot-and-paw steps began again. They were loud. They were menacing. And they were coming closer.......

Dagda
08-17-2004, 02:27 PM
Dagda wobbled back to his feet.

"Bad place. Go bye bye now."

Due partly to blood loss and shock and a possible side effect to his powers Dagda was rather out of it.

"Cute girl #3 and me going to run now, Cute girl #2. Talk later."

Quaxo9
08-17-2004, 06:13 PM
Charissa

Hmmm. I wonder who Cute Girl #1 is. :ermm:

::Shrugging, Charis went back to figuring out how best to keep the two in the spacestation alive.::

Isianu
08-17-2004, 06:45 PM
As the shadows quickly and steadily advanced towards the control room. The exploding ciruit breakers and such cause the hordes to stop for a second, occasionally slightly on fire but the individual enflamed stops and rolls on the ground while the others flow around them before coming back up. The hordes seemed relentless, the lights in front of them starting to go out as they advanced slowly and steadily. Soon the sound of many noses sniffing at the same time came through to the computer room. Looking outside, Rayde could see the dark hallway filled with red glowing eyes staring at her hungrily.

Rayde
08-18-2004, 07:00 AM
With a shriek, Rayde opened fire at the beasts in short, controlled, one-second bursts. She began to skip backwards, heading for an exit.

"Dagda! We gotta go!!"

Meteoro
08-18-2004, 07:34 AM
Black Cherry

Inside of Viktir Oskants laboratory, Black Cherry struggled against the treacherous move of the man who was supposed to be on her side. The UV lights prevented her from using her mist form to escape. R.A.C.H.E.L. held Black Cherry strongly as the ninja vampire turned into her humanoid form.

You dont know who youre messing with!

With horror, Black Cherry saw as Viktir injected her with some yellow liquid that felt like fire in her veins.

Get off me! What are you doing?

The vampires struggle diminished little by little until she fell into deep sleep. Not that it was a peaceful one

Jason Sanborn
08-18-2004, 09:30 AM
((Big S: Dagda is "out of it", you have to drag him along. LM isn't going to be around, so he did this so you could move him along without stopping or slowing down the SL. ;)))

Viktir smiled as Black Cherry fell into her vampiric tupor.

Danke, Rachel.

Viktir stated as he turned off the UV lights.

Black Cherry will not awaken again until she has tasted blood. Now, I must begin surgery. I will require some of the nanotechnology I put into your blood stream. Do not worry, though, they are self-replicating in your body.

Viktir began gathering the tools needed for the surgery.

Klaus
08-18-2004, 10:51 AM
*Hearing the vampire hunt through the comm, Klaus opened his eyes in horror.*

Oh, no, this cant be!

*He stood up and ran to the kitchen. Mere seconds later, he returned with a bowl full of pop corn.*

Much better. :mrgreen:

Isianu
08-18-2004, 11:05 AM
The fire from the shock rifle streaks out of the room, illuminating the darkness for a brief second to show a vampire get hit with the round, a hole appearing to go straight through them. Despite this, the glowing red eyes remained in their upright possitions and started to advace on the computer room. In the darkness Rayde could hear various hissing voice, like men who have been in the desert for a day without anything to drink.

"Yes, they're live ones..."
"Such a tasty looking little thing..."
"Where did they come from?"
"Who cares, they're fresh meat!"
"Come to us our pretties, it's been so long since someone warmed my stomach..."
"I think I stepped in something..."

Shadowy figures started to wrap about the door jam while Rayde moved Dagda further down the corridors lined with computers, and further into the dark.

Quaxo9
08-18-2004, 11:20 AM
Charissa

Oh no. Oh no. Oh no.

::If she blew anymore circuits, she would end up electocuting Dagda and Rayde - leaving them in the dark. Heyyyy. Dark. Charissa grinned as she turned on every light in the station.::

Run for it guys!!!

08-18-2004, 05:29 PM
I understand Dr. Oskant.

Moving from the head of the table, RACHEL followed Dr. Oskant's instructions and allowed him to do what he needed of her. She was beginning to wonder just exactly what it was that the Dr. was going to do to Black Cherry. For the moment, she would follow his lead and do as he asked, caution and curiosity battling her emotions.

Rayde
08-18-2004, 07:42 PM
((Thanks Jas and LM!!! 8) ))

Rayde saw the prone, drained figure of Dagda on the floor.

:shock: "Oh no..."

Snatching up the form of Dagda, she sprinted out of the door amid the onslaught and ran as hard as she could.

Legs and arms pumped up and down, weighted by the burden of both Dagda and her Shock Rifle, as she tilted her arm to fire the thing into the undead.

"The proffessional soldier would handle the weapon by the neck and fire controlled, one second bursts into the enemy when on the retreat. A fast an accurate soldier will sometimes expend 4 clips a minute."

In College, she had memorized that weaponry rule to the letter. Now she chanted it in her head like a mantra, pulling back all along and firing neat, one second bursts. She was outrunning the undead as the lights began to switch on.

One problem. She was running out of bullets.

Rayde reached a corridor with Dagda on her shoulders. Quickly turning right, she headed in the direction where she was fairly sure she had landed..............

Isianu
08-19-2004, 10:23 AM
The vampires hesitate for a moment as the lights go on, allowing Rayde to shoot a path through them, rushing past fast. But the blindness didn't last long, soon the horde was turning after her, clawing at them, ripping their clothing until a shockrifle shell knocked them back. Running back towards their ship Rayde soon spots the dock entrance in front of them and no vampires directly behind her. Then from the air vents near the door a mist starts to rise, flowing up and about the door like it was forming it's own wall. Out of the haze several figures started to form, their red eyes starting to gain intensity until they stepped out of the mist with even more vampires forming behind them. They all had a malevolent smile upon their faces, fangs poking out of their mouths, steadily advancing on the two humans.

Meanwhile back at the computer room, one of the vampires looked at the computer setup Radye had made, listening to the panicing voices if the mortal's friends on the ground. With a quick flip of a switch he turns off the connection to Charissa's hub and starts searching for some other frequentcy. He stops on one channel that has someone on it franticly saying something in some odd language, picking up the transmitter he responded in the same language. After a breif exchange the vampire hung up the radio, a broad and elated smile crossing his pale face.

Rayde
08-19-2004, 10:56 AM
Rayde screeched to a halt, and Dagda slipped from her shoulders as she turned the Shock Rifle on the vampires in front of her, blasting wildly.

The volley was enough to push them back, but not destroy them. The Shock Rifle, after all, was not a holy weapon.

As she expended her last bullet, Rayde turned the gun and lashed out with the butt. It caught one of the bloodsuckers under the chin. He hardly flinched. The others laughed, and began to advance.

Placing herself between Dagda and the Vampires, little tears began to run down Rayde's face. She didn't want to die like this. There was so much she hadn't done. So many mistakes that she had wanted to make right someday. Now, it would all end.....

A few days ago, during the battle for Elysia.....

As Rayde turned to leave, Straylight handed her his knife.

"Your normal guns will do nothing to these things. Take this. It is a holy blade, and should something happen to this sigil-bearer, it will protect you. Just do not take the scabbard off. Trust me."

Rayde's eyes lit up as she remembered Straylight's little gift to her.

Now was the time. She could not afford to hold back.

She reached to her belt and ripped the golden knife from its scabbard, despite Straylight's warning.

WOOOOOOOOOOMFFFFF!!!!!!

A bright, white light flared up, tearing its way through the station.

On the planet below, the light was visible as a brief flash in the sky. Very much like a firework going off.

Back on the station, the Vampires fell back briefly as the light eventually died down.

Rayde stared at the glowing object in her hands.

It now shone a brilliant blue. The exact colour of her eyes. It almost felt like a part of her........

Lashing out in a sudden, inspired act of bravery, Rayde aimed a cut at the Vampires in front of her, catching one across the cheek.

The scar burned. Rayde could see it would take quite some time to heal.

She faced the others before her.

"My apologies, boys" she said. "You're going to have to settle for bread and butter tonight.

Meat's off the menu!" :twisted:

Klaus
08-20-2004, 11:41 AM
*Cough Cough! Cough! Cough!*

*Standing up from his seat, he ran to the kitchen and took a glass of water.*

*Very slowly, he got back next to Beasly.*

Those pop corn can be such killers! :shocked:

*And he continued listening the soap opera through the comm.*

Quaxo9
08-20-2004, 09:26 PM
Charissa

::She was about to warn Rayde about the approaching hoards when she saw them burst in on her and Dagda. He appeared to be unconscious. Then a vampire reached for the switch and Charissa started yelling as though it could hear her.::

Hey! NO! Stop! Arggghhh!!! I can't control MANUAL switches!

::The feed was cut off before she managed to finish the downloads. Quickly, she started using her satellites to try and penetrate the cyber defences of the station. ::

Hold in there you two - I'm coming fer ya!

::She was just starting to get a feed when a brilliant light moved towards the camera and whatever else it carried messed up her signal.::

Grrrrrrr. :evil:

Jason Sanborn
08-21-2004, 09:45 AM
Viktir knew he needed to start with RACHEL, while she was still ignorant of what was necessary.

I need to take the nano-technology from your abdomen. You will feel the needle going in, but it should not cause too much discomfort.

Viktir didn't want to tell her exactly what he was after. If she knew, she probably would never have agreed. He pulled out a very long hypodermic needle, and stuck it in RACHEL's body. He knew exactly where to go for what he needed, as he had spent months perfecting RACHEL.

In a moment it was over, and RACHEL felt no more than a bit of pressure and a slight pinch of pain in the process. In addition to the nano-technology that he had obtained, he also took two of the facets of life from her body, two of the eggs from her ovaries. RACHEL, of course, would be none the wiser.

That done, he turned his attention to Black Cherry, and began his procedures. Using a blend of magic and technology, Viktir operated on Black Cherry's uterus. His intent was to make Black Cherry's dead vampiric body able to support life, and not just any life, but a vampiric life form that would be joined with cybernetics, making an entirely new race of vampires.

Viktir was pleased with his ingenuity, and when the surgery was complete, the last task left was to inject Cherry's body with the nano-technology and the eggs stolen from RACHEL's body.

Ich habe es getan!

Viktir shouted triumphantly after four hours of intense surgery.

Behold! The first vampire ever that would be capable of supporting life in her body. I am a genious, am I not?

Viktir smiled in satisfaction. He knew that one of the two eggs would soon be impregnated, while the other egg would be used by the nano-technology to create more. A much more efficient way of reproduction than the normal human female, who only has a set number of eggs at birth.

08-21-2004, 10:34 AM
RACHEL allowed Dr. Oskant to harvest some of the technology from her abdomen. Just as he stated, she felt no more than pressure and a slight pinch of pain. She assisted him through the surgery, and all the while questioning everything that was going on. At last with his triumphant cry, she asked.

Dr. Oskant, what are the plans with this particular vampire?

RACHEL was suddenly beginning to not like where this was going. Had she known what the Dr. had really done, she would have tore the room apart and the Dr. along with it.

Jason Sanborn
08-21-2004, 10:38 AM
Viktir smiled.

Why she will be honored to be the first vampire ever to be able to become pregnant. For the first time ever, a vampiric child shall be developed from the time of conception, and shall be able to walk forth under the light of the sun. Do you not see the wonder of it, the majesty, the sheer brilliance of the idea?

08-21-2004, 10:50 AM
RACHEL was suspicious, there were to many unanswered questions and the answers given did not feel right. She absently touched her abdomen, where the needle had gone and where there had once been a child. She would keep an eye on Viktor and his employer, she did not trust them or their intentions. RACHEL spoke openly, not a question, just a statement that she expected no response from.

She did not seem to be a willing participant in such a miracle.

Jason Sanborn
08-21-2004, 10:55 AM
Viktir looked at RACHEL. He would have to be careful around her, he could tell. She was growing too suspicious.

Everything has its purpose, RACHEL. This will help us to go after those who killed your husband and your unborn child. Black Cherry knew that being part of Empire's staff would subject her to certain risks, some of which were experimental in nature. After we have impregnated her, she will be awoken, and she will see the value of her contribution to our cause.

08-21-2004, 01:34 PM
RACHEL was still suspicious, but she let it go. She didn't want Dr. Oskant to be suspicious of her anymore than necessary. Besides, was he not a means to an end. He was more than likely using her as much as she was using him. She let the issue go for now, but she would make sure she watched and listened to everything more closely.

Very well Dr. Oskant. Speaking of going after those responsible for my ordeal, just what role do I play in all of this?

Jason Sanborn
08-21-2004, 10:31 PM
Viktir smiled.

Well, my dear, just how much of a part do you wish to play? Do you think you are ready to try out your new body on some serious targets?

08-22-2004, 01:36 PM
The corners of RACHEL's mouth turned slightly upward in response to Dr. Oskant's question.

Need you ask Dr. Oskant? I fully intend to find out everything I can about what you have done to me. If I'm going to do that, then I would need to test out the car, so to speak. I am not interested in how dangerous or painful the experience maybe. I'm only interested to know the limitations, and what they are.

Isianu
08-22-2004, 01:44 PM
The vampires recoil immediately as the young woman draws her glowing sword and starts slashing at them, causing pain they have not felt in centuries to course through their bodies. They soon flee back to the shadows and away from the searing light. Although they can not be seen, they can still be felt, watching the humans from the wood work, waiting for some slip up. They patiently wait for Rayde to make a mistake, then they will be on her, the thoughts making a few of the vampires salivate at the thought.

Meteoro
08-22-2004, 08:07 PM
Black Cherry

Vampires don’t dream.

That’s one unbreakable rule for all ninja vampires. Since they’re undead, when they’re not awake, they’re dead. Their mind doesn’t go anywhere, their spirit doesn’t rise revealing their deepest wants or their scariest fears. They just lie there... dead.

Then, why Black Cherry’s mind all of a sudden is overwhelmed with uncomprehensible images? Images of movement, light, life... Suddenly, Black Cherry’s skin gains temperature, just as if she was a human being, which she had stopped being ages ago.

She could not wake, yet her mind broke the barrier of dreams and went into the realm of nightmares (http://forumcorp.com/jsanborn/viewtopic.php?p=17542#17542), showing her, her worst fears, her inner demons, her most terrifying horrors...

Jason Sanborn
08-22-2004, 10:53 PM
Viktir smiled.

Very well, then. Do not fear, you will have your opportunity soon enough. For now, I must finish my procedure with Black Cherry, then we shall meet with Dr. Empire.

Viktir turned and walked over to a lab table. On the end of the table was a freezer of sorts. Removing a vial from the freezer, he inserted a hypodermic needle into the top of the vial, carefully extracting some of the fluid from inside.

He waited a moment, before inserting the needle into Black Cherry's abdomen. The vial contained his own, sperm, which he would use to start the process of life within Black Cherry's body. He smiled, realizing that this child would be the first cybernetic, vampiric mage.

Now, to awaken her. Rachel, would you mind restraining her while I get the blood? You will need to hold her tightly, as a vampire awakening from a tupor is quite strong, and quite dangerous.

08-23-2004, 08:46 AM
Without a word, RACHEL walked over to the head of the table where Black Cherry laid. She placed her hands upon the shoulders of the vampire as she awaited Dr. Oskant to give her the blood required to awaken her from her current state. All the while she watched closely and made note of everything. Had she known then, what was transpiring, she would not have been so willing to aide the Dr.

Jason Sanborn
08-23-2004, 10:38 AM
Viktir decided to take additional precautions, and made sure that the metal restraints were securely holding Black Cherry to the table. He knew, though, that Cherry would probably have more than enough strength to break through the metal restraints, which is why he asked RACHEL to help restrain her.

Viktir took a bag of blood and poured it in Cherry's mouth. It wouldn't be as good as fresh blood, but it would be enough to revive her. Viktir prepared himself for the inevitable blood rage that would follow.

Dagda
08-24-2004, 11:43 PM
The vampires recoil immediately as the young woman draws her glowing sword and starts slashing at them, causing pain they have not felt in centuries to course through their bodies. They soon flee back to the shadows and away from the searing light. Although they can not be seen, they can still be felt, watching the humans from the wood work, waiting for some slip up. They patiently wait for Rayde to make a mistake, then they will be on her, the thoughts making a few of the vampires salivate at the thought.

Dagda squinted at the light.

"Wha-? Morning already? Come on, bro. Let me snooze a bit longer."

Shakes his head.

"Hey! You're not my bro. You're....Cute Girl #3, er, Rayde. Right? What happened and where did you get the funky glowing sword?"

Feels all the vamps eyeing him.

"And when did we get an audience?"

Rayde
08-25-2004, 07:47 AM
"Dagda! Thank God you're alright!"

The vampires began to circle them, and despite the glow of the holy knife that she held, some of them were beginning to get a little braver.

Still, the docking bay where they had landed their ship was literally a couple of doors away. It was so close that Rayde could smell it, and she wasn't about to give up now.

"You've picked a fine time to wake up. I'm afraid there's no time for explanations. Our ship is just through that door with all the vampires in front of it.

Whatever it is that your Sigil does, I hope it can come up with something. These guys look hungry."

Isianu
08-25-2004, 04:27 PM
The vampires do circle about them hungrily, save for one who walks from the direction of the computer room confidantly. Turning to his undead companions he shouts, "Don't fill up on them, there will be plenty of blood here soon enough." The other vampires stop and look at their companion rather curiously as he advances to the edge of the holy light, squinting as he does. "We should really thank you for getting the radio working once again. It seems what ever trouble was happening down on the planet is over and they are sending up some fresh 'supplies' to recompensate us for this indignaty. They will be here in an hour, so there is little you can do to leave, what ever dingy you have out there will get swallowed in the ferry's cargo hold and bring you back to us." He says with a fangy smile.

Dagda
08-26-2004, 03:28 AM
"Right. Ideas. Um, lets see."

Gets up and does his best Ash impression.

"OK, suckheads. THIS is my demon mark. Capable of blowing all you to tiny bits so unless you crawl back to whatever dark hole and let us leave I will unleash its fury upon you and its already killed five. And thats when I didn't know how to use it properly."

Rayde
08-26-2004, 06:42 AM
The vampires do circle about them hungrily, save for one who walks from the direction of the computer room confidantly. Turning to his undead companions he shouts, "Don't fill up on them, there will be plenty of blood here soon enough." The other vampires stop and look at their companion rather curiously as he advances to the edge of the holy light, squinting as he does. "We should really thank you for getting the radio working once again. It seems what ever trouble was happening down on the planet is over and they are sending up some fresh 'supplies' to recompensate us for this indignaty. They will be here in an hour, so there is little you can do to leave, what ever dingy you have out there will get swallowed in the ferry's cargo hold and bring you back to us." He says with a fangy smile.

Rayde was glad of Dagda's show of bravado. It made her feel more confident.

But still, it didn't distract her from the substance of the vampires speech.

Supplies......... were these "supplies" just cartons of blood, or..........

humans?

Rayde shuddered, and whispered to Dagda.

"These 'supplies'.....they wouldn't happen to be alive would they?

Because if all he says is true, then we may have to find another way out of here......

Meteoro
08-26-2004, 12:16 PM
Black Cherry

The moment her mouth got filled with the juice of life, Black Cherry coughed real hard, vomiting the rich fluid that was her only nourishment and brought her back from the bad dream (http://forumcorp.com/jsanborn/viewtopic.php?p=18341#18341) that was hurting her deep inside.

Her small black eyes opened wide revealing a moment of fear. A moment that passed too fast, to show the always controlled Black Cherry.

What is going on, Oskant? What have you done to me?

Her voice was soft, but the death treat was overwhelming.

Isianu
08-26-2004, 05:34 PM
The vampires stand there stupified with the human's show of bravado for a minute or two, then they burst out laughing. "You think stupid looking tattoo will stop us?" The laughter only seems to intensifies despite them staying clear of the holy light. The laughter was soon cut off though as a klaxon went off near the port with the letters, 'Proximity Alert: Incoming Transport. ETA 15 Minutes' and it starts counting down.

Quaxo9
08-26-2004, 06:35 PM
Charissa

::It was harder to hack into the spaceport than she had expected. The lab was a walk in the park compared to this. Screens flew past her eyes and her fingers moved on the keyboard in addition to her mental commands directly to the computer. Finally, she managed to get inside again, using one of their cameras to find Rayde and Dagda holding the vampyres at bay. She noticed the "ferry" of as well. The thought of the poor innocents on there made her blood boil. She tapped into the spaceport's computers and opened the door to Rayde's shuttle and released the docking clamps. Hopefully, they'd get the message. Next, she started using the spaceport's computers to send error messages to the transport ship saying that the voices they heard was a computer glitch, nothing more. Charissa spoke aloud to the others in the room, forgetting that they couldn't see what she was seeing.::

Man, if they don't hurry up, they are SOOO going to be bloodmeal!

Rayde
08-26-2004, 06:55 PM
The vampires stand there stupified with the human's show of bravado for a minute or two, then they burst out laughing. "You think stupid looking tattoo will stop us?" The laughter only seems to intensifies despite them staying clear of the holy light. The laughter was soon cut off though as a klaxon went off near the port with the letters, 'Proximity Alert: Incoming Transport. ETA 15 Minutes' and it starts counting down.

"Ok. Plan B."

Grabbing Dagda by the hand, Rayde lunged forward with the holy knife and began to cut wildly at the vampires that stood between them and their ship.

"Now would be an excellent time to show these people how much like a tattoo your Sigil isn't!"

Jason Sanborn
08-26-2004, 09:02 PM
Viktir smiled at Cherry.

Do not worry, Black Cherry. What has been done only made you better, so you might better serve Dr. Empire. You have been enhanced and made better by the use of technology. I will tell you all about it when I return. Now, I must speak with Dr. Empire.

Viktir looked at RACHEL.

You can either come with me, or remain behind with Black Cherry.

Dagda
08-28-2004, 01:43 AM
"Nobody watches good cinema any more I swear. Just a tatoo."

The sigil flashes a bit.

"I have had crazy killer mages chase me for this thing."

The red flash increases.

"I've had people I care about get hurt or killed because of this thing."

Red archs of energy spark around Dagda.

"I've been kidnapped across the galaxy for some quest I didn't understand to be in some war I understand even less because of this thing."

Red energy bolts start striking around Rayde.

"And you don't even fear or covert this demon mark like good little minions of evil. You actually insult it. You leeches so so so totally suck."

The red energy lashes out at the vampires while Dagda stands shocked for a moment.

"Wow. Thats a new trick. Ulp, yeah better RUN!!"

Rushes towards the ship.

Rayde
08-28-2004, 01:01 PM
Rayde cut at another vampire with the knife. She had only drawn it from the scabbard a few minutes ago, but somehow it seemed......right. Like it belonged in her hand, as an extension of her being.

Skipping into the cockpit, her hands rattled across the controls, initiating lift-off.

"Really, really really don't want to be here anymore...... hold tight, here we go!!!!"

The small craft began to lift off, and Rayde aimed it at the exit.

"Dagda.....what are we gonna do about the Vampires supply ship, and whatever's on it?" :pale:

Dagda
08-28-2004, 01:42 PM
Jumps into Rayde's ship.

"Does this ship have weapons? Maybe we can cripple the ship and throw the vamps off it."

Rayde
08-28-2004, 02:16 PM
The ship took off, and Rayde pointed to the sleek handles that rested on either side of Dagda's seat.

"Those things control the guns. They aren't very powerful, but we're going to have to do the best we can.

I'll try and get us in closer."

Leaving the vampires in her dust, she saw the other vessel. Jinking wildly, she edged the fast little craft closer, hoping that Dagda was as able with guns as he was with his Sigil.

or preferably more so......

(( :p ))

Dagda
08-28-2004, 02:47 PM
Looks at the gun controls.

"Right. Just point and shoot."

Tries to get a lock on the ships engines in the hopes of disabling them.

Isianu
08-28-2004, 04:42 PM
The freighter is a massive thing with a large gapping maw for a cargo bay, already starting to open to dock with the station. It's impossible to get a shot at the engines since the ship is coming right for them. It was advancing fast, soon the ship would be trapping the small fighter between it and he station in a minute. Several shots do hit the ship, but they only do some minor cosmetic damage to the hull and interior of the docking collar, black scourch marks on the black steel on the exterior.

08-29-2004, 11:23 AM
RACHEL did not hesitate in response. She was curious about Dr. Oskants employeer. This would give her the opportunity to meet Dr. Empire and gain more knowledge, even give her an edge. There would be time to return and help Black Cherry if she felt the need to do so.

I shall accompany you Dr. Oskant.

Jason Sanborn
08-29-2004, 03:18 PM
Viktir nodded and looked at Black Cherry.

We will be back shortly. Please wait for our return. I will explain everything on my return.

Viktir and RACHEL walked out of the lab. When they were out, Viktir secured the room. No one, not even an enraged vampire, would be able to get in or out of the room.

That done, he and RACHEL went to Empire's lab to speak with Dr Empire.

Good evening, Dr. Empire. I have completed the project with Black Cherry as you requested.

Dagda
08-30-2004, 03:57 AM
"Blast!!"

Dagda released the fire controls and looked at the ship.

"How dumb do we feel today? I mean I might be able to do something to that ship but we'd probably all die."

Meteoro
08-30-2004, 07:47 AM
Dr V Empire

The news brought by Oskant made Empire definitely happy. He wanted he needed to get this project rolling. Now it was personal and he would see it through.

Im glad you finally got into it, Oskant. Did Black Cherry resist? She's not the kind of vampire to go down easily... He let a little laughter escape. Looks like my cell samples did work at the first time in this occasion, didnt they? Last time, with Experiment V, you had to try so many times for my DNA to lock into the egg He moved through the room. To become a father again He burst into a creepy laughter that would freeze the blood in any mortal that would hear it.

He gave a glance of interest to R.A.C.H.E.L. And whos your new friend? I havent seen her in the lab before

Jason Sanborn
08-30-2004, 08:23 AM
((M, Viktir told Empire that he completed the project with Black Cherry. ;)))

Meteoro
08-30-2004, 08:40 AM
((Edited ;) ))

Jason Sanborn
08-30-2004, 09:21 AM
Black Cherry was easily persuaded, and the experiment went forward without complications. I had learned much from previous experiments. Each experiment brings new revelations and new ideas.

Viktir looked at RACHEL and smiled.

This is R.A.C.H.E.L. She is a new assistant to our cause. RACHEL, meet Dr. V. Empire, the owner of this lab.

Meteoro
08-30-2004, 11:15 AM
Dr V Empire

Empire studied R.A.C.H.E.L. carefully. At some point he felt jealous of not being her creator, because there was some sense of balance in her cybernetic additives that were beyond his abilities.

She looks like a nice project taken form, Viktir. I would have been more pleased, though, if I had known about it before. Nice surprises are welcome, of course, but theres no guarantee Id always be pleased by the result of your secret experiments.

Rayde
08-30-2004, 11:39 AM
"Blast!!"

Dagda released the fire controls and looked at the ship.

"How dumb do we feel today? I mean I might be able to do something to that ship but we'd probably all die."

"Well, maybe we could eject? The boosters on the ejector seats should get us far enough away from the ship to be able to float down to the planet fairly safely." Rayde struggled with the controls. The other ship was getting too close.

"Dagda, if you've got a better idea, i think we should try it quite soon!"

Dagda
09-03-2004, 03:14 PM
"Well I was gonna say we hijack the ship and rescue the people on board but thats probably dumb right? So escape sounds good and if possible selfdestruct on your ship?"

09-03-2004, 04:24 PM
RACHEL did not like being treated like a thing, she was still human, even with all that Dr. Oskant had done to her. The way Dr. Empire's eyes scanned her, made her feel uneasy. She instantly knew she did not like him.

Dr. Empire, for everything that I am, I am still very much human, and I do not appreciate you speaking of me in as if I'm a thing!

Quaxo9
09-03-2004, 05:10 PM
Charissa

::Charissa bit her lip so hard it bled. Her ruse hadn't worked. Somehow they must have realized the transmission was patched. Driving further into the ship's systems, she aimed for the engine controls and started keying codes in an attempt to power them down and fire the retros. She hoped it would work or Dagda and Rayde would be mush.::

Jason Sanborn
09-04-2004, 10:11 AM
My personal projects remain my own, they are not under your guidance or your direction, and never shall be. It is part of our mutual understanding. Stimmen Sie zu?

Quaxo9
09-04-2004, 11:41 AM
Mirage

::In another corner of Dr. Oskant's private labs, stood a very pleased "Angela". The drug she had slipped into Jekko's coffee had made him more talkative than usual and she had learned all sorts of interesting tidbits. Like his sister for instance - she was the one who gave him his cybernetics. Jekko's cybernetics weren't overly unique, but they were meticulously made. It was he, however, who had infused himself with wolf DNA to enable him to take on a werewolf's form. Of course, he wasn't able to show her because he wasn't certain how to appropriate the change. That was frustrating, but she found the talk about his "friends" the most interesting. Dr. Oskant would be pleased. Excusing herself for a moment, she went to a console to see where the good Dr. was as he had been gone awhile and she wanted to share this information with him. He was in a meeting with Dr. Empire and was standing with - who was that? *She was obviously one of Oskant's new creations - and had a mind of her own as she could tell from the way the new cybernetic woman told Empire off. Jealosy seared through her like a prairie grass fire. She had been replaced at Oskant's side by some undead bimbo. Mirage was so angry, she almost lost form, but quickly regained her composure. Perhaps she was not replaced as of yet, perhaps he had just decided it best to leave her with the rebel. However, if her optimism was misplaced *her eyes narrowed* the blonde robot would have to go.::

Jason Sanborn
09-04-2004, 11:44 AM
((Um, RACHEL isn't Experiment VI. RACHEL has always been referred to as R.A.C.H.E.L. :whaat:))

Quaxo9
09-04-2004, 11:49 AM
((Right. Sorry. I got the two experiments mixed up. :roll: I've already edited.))

Rayde
09-05-2004, 07:50 AM
"Well I was gonna say we hijack the ship and rescue the people on board but thats probably dumb right? So escape sounds good and if possible selfdestruct on your ship?"

Rayde nodded and activated the relevant systems. The ship's readout beeped Self Destruction: T- five minutes.

Lastly Rayde reached for the eject button.

"Going up!!"

She pulled.

The cockpit detached and fired its rockets, sending Dagda and Rayde shooting upwards and away from the little ship, as it headed like a missile at the much larger transport ship.....

Dagda
09-06-2004, 03:36 AM
"Ohhhhh.....CRAP!!!!"

Isianu
09-06-2004, 03:15 PM
As the escape pod leaves the main ship, the upper lip of the supply carrier came in contact with it, sending the lifeboat spinning out of control. The ship itself was engulfed by the vampire's vessel and everything seemed alright, then the freighter shook with the self destruct mechanism going off. Several panels and wisps of smoke can be seen leaking out of it, but it does not explode taking the rest of the station with it, simply laying there with no lights on like a beached whale.

The pod meanwhile continues to spin on a downward spiral towards the planet. A little alarm sounds in the cockpit, and a clock starts counting down from an hour and twenty five minutes with the words "Re-entry Imminent" flashing below it.

Rayde
09-07-2004, 06:07 PM
"Ok. Ok. No-need to panic. Its a tough pod, it can get us down safely........

I hope........"

Rayde's mind involuntarily explored the ideas of what could happen to them during their crash landing. Shuddering with fear, she grabbed Dagda's hand and held onto it.

"It'll be ok, wont it? You've been in far worse situations than this, haven't you?

Dagda....i'm scared. This pod is just programmed to land. Problem is, it's going to try and land in closest, most conveniant place, and by the look of things, there are probably places on your planet that humans don't come out of alive......"

Meteoro
09-07-2004, 09:01 PM
Dr. V. Empire

At Empire’s compound, things might have seemed a little calmer, but there were a lot of turbulences running below the line of manners.

Dr. Empire, for everything that I am, I am still very much human, and I do not appreciate you speaking of me in as if I'm a thing!

Empire’s lips curved. *Oskant’s experiment just claimed for a little respect. *The scenario couldn’t be funnier and he was so amused, that he decided to go with her lead.

“You’ll have to forgive me, Miss R.A.C.H.E.L. *I was so admired by the impressive technique that assembled you, that I must have overlooked your human nature. *I have to say that I’m appalled. *For a moment there, I didn’t think you were sentient and, for that, I offer you my apologies.”

My personal projects remain my own, they are not under your guidance or your direction, and never shall be. It is part of our mutual understanding. Stimmen Sie zu?

Empire smiled at Viktir without replying his statement. *They had gone over this subject thousands of times and, right now, his attention was more focused on this piece of junk with pride. *:twisted:

Dagda
09-08-2004, 02:49 AM
"Ok. Ok. No-need to panic. Its a tough pod, it can get us down safely........

I hope........"

Rayde's mind involuntarily explored the ideas of what could happen to them during their crash landing. Shuddering with fear, she grabbed Dagda's hand and held onto it.

"It'll be ok, wont it? You've been in far worse situations than this, haven't you?

Dagda....i'm scared. This pod is just programmed to land. Problem is, it's going to try and land in closest, most conveniant place, and by the look of things, there are probably places on your planet that humans don't come out of alive......"

"I hope so. And none I can really think of. I'd like to be supportive but I'm trying to keep control of my bladder."

Closes his eyes and thinks. 'Idiot. Moron. Dipstick. Way to look like a joke.'

"Maybe the others *have us tracked right now and that witch can grab us or something. Or, maybe we'll get lucky?"

Rayde
09-08-2004, 09:37 AM
"Well, we won't have to wait long to find out." Dagda's words had been a little abrupt and clumsy, but Rayde new that he was trying to comfort her, and that was enough to give her the little re-assurance she needed.

"If we don't get out of this, I want you to know that nomatter how short this voyage has been, I'm glad i decided to come with you. I've already seen more than anyone in the Retzian empire will have seen in a lifetime.

Also, you should know that....."

The rest of her sentence was lost as the small escape pod shook violently. The craft's small nose bit hard into Kelesar's atmosphere, and the air was filled with the sound of screaming metal.

Inside, Rayde and Dagda were hurled backwards and forwards as the pod shot down from the sky like a meteorite, and started to head for the ground.....

Jason Sanborn
09-08-2004, 10:23 AM
Dr. Empire, we must be returning to my lab. If you wish to see Black Cherry for yourself, by all means, come. She hasn't been fully told the "blessing" she has been honored with yet.

Meteoro
09-08-2004, 08:37 PM
Dr. V. Empire

At Oskant’s *words, Empire rose an eyebrow.

“She doesn’t know she’s bearing my child?” *:twisted:

“That’s something worth of my time. *If you’d be so kind to take me with her, Viktir.” *He bowed at R.A.C.H.E.L. with such reverence that the sense of mockery wouldn’t be lost to her.

09-08-2004, 09:02 PM
The longer RACHEL was around Dr. Oskant's employer, the more she hated him. The way he looked at her and mocked her with his words and motions were enough for her to want to test her cybernetic abilities on him. Dr. Empire was smug, and RACHEL knew that he had no idea that she was Dr. Oskants breakthrough weapon. All the technology that thrived within her was her, it was part of her DNA, and not even Dr. Oskant could foresee the results of his new creation. She knew that she was gathering enemies quickly, and she would stay as long as it suited her purposes. She returned a mock smile and bow to Dr. Empire as she fell into pace alongside Dr. Oskant as they made their way to Black Cherry.

Jason Sanborn
09-08-2004, 10:51 PM
Viktir led RACHEL and Dr Empire back to the lab that Black Cherry was locked in. Once they entered the lab, he closed the door behind them. Because Dr. Empire was in the lab, he didn't seal the door as he normally would have. He wasn't concerned, though. Black Cherry would see the value of what has been done and rejoice that she was so honored with this special priviledge.

Isianu
09-09-2004, 05:04 PM
The windows of the escape pod were fill of nothing but black tinged red from the superheated plasma dancing about the outside of the vessel. Gravity started to push both of the passangers back into their seats as they continuously accelerate towards the ground, shaking the pod drasticlly until the counter reached zero. Then the void of space turned into the light blue of sky with the clouds below them, a mountain range loomed before them.

Rayde
09-10-2004, 04:43 AM
Rayde braced herself for the impact, but it still took her by surprise.

As the small craft dropped from the sky at an alarming rate, the mountain range that Rayde saw through the window seemed to get very big very quickly.

She closed her eyes.

The jolt of the impact hurled her forward, cracking her forehead hard against the dashboard. Blood mingled with sweat, obscuring her vision as the small pod that carried herself and Dagda ploughed into the mountains, tearing a large trail in the landscape as they skidded to an eventual stop......

After a few seconds of silence, Rayde looked up, blinking through the blood of her slight headwound.

".....Are we there yet....?

Quaxo9
09-10-2004, 07:52 AM
Charissa

::Apparently unable to get a hold of the vampire supply ship, Charissa focussed her attentions on Rayde's ship. Her satellite picked up the image of an escape pod breaking off and plummeting towards the planet. It wasn't hard to follow the burning chunk of metal through the sky to it's resting place. They had landed in a mountain range and Charissa immediately dispatched several of her faster drones to go to the ship and see if they were alright. Sitting back, she removed herself from the system and rubbed her temples. It felt like her brain was going to pound through her head or turn into burning goo and come out her ears. Perhaps she should take a break from the suit...no, she should leave it on. The feelings would pass, she was sure of it. Instead, she turned to Beasley, who was perusing the files she had lifted from the spaceport.::

So, how was the haul? Anything good?

Jason Sanborn
09-10-2004, 10:00 AM
Beasly smiled.

This is the best intelligence for the enemy that we've ever gathered. You and Dagda have done well.

Jason Sanborn
09-10-2004, 10:02 AM
Dan walked up behind Charissa and put a hand on her shoulder.

Looks like you'll be a great benefit to the resistance movement, Charissa.

Quaxo9
09-10-2004, 10:15 AM
Charissa

::Charissa grinned when Beasly said that the info was all good - the best in fact. When Dan added his praise, she tilted her head back over the chair to look at him, giving him a tired-looking upside-down grin. Her hand gave his a little squeeze, then moved to her goggles to put them up on her forehead.::

Thanks guys. Glad to be of service. :mrgreen:

Klaus
09-10-2004, 10:00 PM
*Klaus walked in front of Charissa.*

I have to admit this is not exactly what I expected. *Lollipop is missing and everyone is cheering at you. *Now, if you say something nice to me, then maybe I can get over Lollipop and start liking you even more. *Of course, it would help a lot if you say something fanboyish about me. *I’m a sucker for flattery. *:whaat:

Meteoro
09-10-2004, 10:01 PM
Dr V Empire & Black Cherry

As Empire and his little gathering got into the room where Black Cherry was kept, he gave her a frightening smile.

“My dear Black Cherry. Looks like you’ve never been this trapped.”

The Ninja-Vampire stared at her boss with wondering eyes.

“I don’t understand what is going on, Dr. Empire. I got trapped in here, but why? I’ve always been loyal to you, all of my strength has been used to serve your goals...”

“That’s exactly why you’re here, my dear.” Said Empire condescending. “You’ve served me well and you’ve trained like no other vampire at my command. You were worth to carry my seed.”

“Your what?”

“You’re going to have my baby, Black Cherry. The first vampire to conceive a living vampire. Believe me when I say that Experiment V was nothing compared with what Experiment VI would be.”

If Black Cherry’s heart still had a beat, it would have stopped. As her fists tightened and she struggled to be set free, she felt an anger she hadn’t experience ever since she was but a child.