PDA

View Full Version : OOC Final Fantasy OOC

Jason Sanborn
07-28-2004, 01:33 PM
This is a discussion for a new Adventure RP set in a Final Fantasy world (Probably 10). This one would be slightly different than other RPs in that I would probably be controlling the story plot and NPCs, while the other characters are the players in the story (a little more like a traditional RPG). I was just wondering what the interest level in this type of RP would be.

This RP wouldn't start for quite a while, so this is only in the planning stages right now. All comments and feedback will be welcome.

Millennium
07-28-2004, 01:50 PM
I'd join but I think I'm about as stretched out as I can be with the characters that I have lined up. My capacity for dealing with a multitude of characters isn't as high as M's, Q, or yours Jas. ;)

kulit
07-28-2004, 01:53 PM
I'll be all over this RP, but then my background will only consist of 9 and 8 and a little bit of 7. Haven't had the chance to play 10 yet. :whaat:

Jason Sanborn
07-28-2004, 01:55 PM
I'd join but I think I'm about as stretched out as I can be with the characters that I have lined up. My capacity for dealing with a multitude of characters isn't as high as M's, Q, or yours Jas. ;)
Like I said, it will probably be a while before it gets going, so maybe you'll be available when it is ready to roll. ;)

Jason Sanborn
07-28-2004, 01:56 PM
I'll be all over this RP, but then my background will only consist of 9 and 8 and a little bit of 7. Haven't had the chance to play 10 yet. :whaat:
I am most familiar with 10, plus I like the setting of the world. I'd probably have the events of the story happen before the game, that way I won't give anything away from the game. ;)

kulit
07-28-2004, 02:03 PM
In that case, a long as the background of the world will be available, count me in. :thumbup:

Jason Sanborn
07-28-2004, 02:07 PM
I will definately include background for the world, as well as description of the various types of people on the world. ;)

Mattson
07-28-2004, 03:13 PM
Count me interested. Haven't played 10 yet but given I'm getting a PS2 today, I should be able to borrow the game before this one starts.

And Jas, that style is kind of ironic. At the other board I hang at, people have been asking for a superhero game. I've been debating between RPOL or trying that style here.

k dogg 777777
07-28-2004, 03:17 PM
I'M TOTALLY IN!

there. I said it. ;)

I've played EVERY single FF except for 1 (never got the chance) so..... ;)

Shuya
07-28-2004, 05:37 PM
Anything with "Final" and "Fantasy" in it is gonna get Shuya's interest immediately.

Sign me up.

Aliexster
07-28-2004, 06:17 PM
I might be interested. If nothing happens with Essmel, I could try and get some use out of Karasu, he would fit pretty good in a Final Fantasy world.

Minity
07-28-2004, 07:03 PM
i might be interested as well!

KyleLitke
07-29-2004, 11:53 AM
Clearly, Final Fantasy 6 is the best.

I might be in...I'll let ya know when it gets closer to starting.

Jason Sanborn
07-29-2004, 11:55 AM
Clearly, Final Fantasy 6 is the best.
Well, I haven't played 6 yet, so I can't give you an honest answer. ;)

I might be in...I'll let ya know when it gets closer to starting.
Sounds good. Just in planning stages at the moment. 8)

KyleLitke
07-29-2004, 05:58 PM
I demand you play 6 immediately!

Jason Sanborn
07-29-2004, 07:00 PM
I demand you play 6 immediately!
Once I finish 5, I'll be moving onto 6. :razz:

Greene_Luke
07-29-2004, 08:21 PM
:eh: FF is not a series its an infection. I am unskilled at that type of gaming (Mattson is helping me on that) but for FF i will dive in head first. I will be ready but the only question is will Spira be ready for me??? :D

Jason Sanborn
07-29-2004, 08:28 PM
Welcome aboard, Luke! 8)

Just as an FYI, I am going to wait until things settle down after my wife's surgery before starting this RP. I am estimating sometime between the middle and the end of August. In the meatime, though, I will be putting together information about Spira, and what the story will involve, so we can know what kinds of characters are needed. There will be a couple of things that will have to be revealed that may be minor spoilers to the game, but nothing major, as the events for this RP will take place long before events in Final Fantasy 10.

kulit
07-30-2004, 01:40 PM
I might be interested. If nothing happens with Essmel, I could try and get some use out of Karasu, he would fit pretty good in a Final Fantasy world.

:shock:

but.. but... Houjun will miss Karasu. :'(

Aliexster
08-01-2004, 06:23 PM
Well if the Essmel storyline starts up again, then I will pull out, but if not, I didn't create a clone for nothing.

Jason Sanborn
08-02-2004, 04:06 PM
Map of Spira

http://mb.simplicitypoint.com/finalfantasy/spira.jpg

Jason Sanborn
08-03-2004, 09:33 AM
Okay, here's my thoughts for this SL:

Since Final Fantasy 10 takes place 1,000 years after Sin appeared, I am thinking of having this story take place around 500 years after Sin appeared. That way I can change some of the landmarks from Final Fantasy 10 so as to not give away too many spoilers from the game.

Like Final Fantasy 10, the story will center around the summoner and his or her guardian(s). The story will start in Bevelle at the end of the latest Calm. I will need one summoner (male or female, doesn't matter), and at least one guardian for the summoner. Other players can take other guardians or characters (to be explained later).

Spoiler warning: Playing the summoner or the summoner's closest guardian may reveal a couple minor spoilers from Final Fantasy 10. This is unavoidable considering the nature of the quest. And of course, the completion of the SL with the defeat of Sin will result in the same spoiler.

Any thoughts or comments?

EDIT: Oh, and don't worry if you don't know the terms or places. I will explain everything necessary in later posts. ;)

Vampyre Lestat
08-03-2004, 09:44 AM
Can I be Sin.

;)

Jason Sanborn
08-03-2004, 09:50 AM
Sin is a very minor role, just appearing from time to time to lay waste to a town or village. Then it gets defeated at the end of the SL. :whaat:

Familiar with Final Fantasy 10? ;)

Vampyre Lestat
08-03-2004, 10:07 AM
Half way through it.

I'm "Home".

At what point do you stop selling me on the notion.

Brief interaction. Major Villian. Destruction.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jason Sanborn
08-03-2004, 11:06 AM
Very well then.... Going once.... Going twice... Sold! ;)

Lestat is Sin. :twisted:

Somehow that sounds appropriate. :whaat:

Vampyre Lestat
08-03-2004, 11:11 AM
Woot.

Thats it....who to destroy first.

Besaid.

I never liked that place.

Boom.

Done.

:)

Minity
08-03-2004, 03:09 PM
I want to be a preistess who is all about the teachings of Yevon...are we going to have more than one guardian, cause with the exception of Yuna...most summoners only had one or two i thought...cause Id like to be a guardian as well...

Jason Sanborn
08-03-2004, 03:15 PM
Depends on who is going to be involved. I'm not opposed to having more than one or two guardians.

k dogg 777777
08-03-2004, 06:13 PM
oooh oooh! I wanna be WAKKA! or Kimarhi will be good as well... but WAKKA is my first pick!

Mattson
08-03-2004, 06:34 PM
Well, I have three ideas, the first is the Summoner, second is a guardian, and third is playing with the Al Bhed. For the last I would have to hunt down a language page but I could have way too much fun with that.

Jason Sanborn
08-03-2004, 09:20 PM
oooh oooh! I wanna be WAKKA! or Kimarhi will be good as well... but WAKKA is my first pick!
Wakka and Khimari don't exist yet. It is 500 years or so before their time. ;)

Jason Sanborn
08-03-2004, 09:21 PM
Well, I have three ideas, the first is the Summoner, second is a guardian, and third is playing with the Al Bhed. For the last I would have to hunt down a language page but I could have way too much fun with that.
Al Bhed Converter (http://www.geocities.com/juewuming/abc.html)

Oh, and the Al Bhed will be hated, as you would expect. ;)

k dogg 777777
08-04-2004, 01:04 PM
[quote="k dogg 777777":391mgxmv]oooh oooh! I wanna be WAKKA! or Kimarhi will be good as well... but WAKKA is my first pick!
Wakka and Khimari don't exist yet. It is 500 years or so before their time. ;)[/quote:391mgxmv]

ahh.... woot... I can create my own character!

Jason Sanborn
08-04-2004, 01:08 PM
ahh.... woot... I can create my own character!
Yup. I'll be posting character types and the like a little later. ;)

k dogg 777777
08-04-2004, 01:15 PM
yay. can't wait. ^_^

Mattson
08-04-2004, 05:26 PM
Al Bhed Converter (http://www.geocities.com/juewuming/abc.html)

Oh, and the Al Bhed will be hated, as you would expect. ;)

Of course. Hated in game. Some of the better supporting characters around.

Minity
08-04-2004, 07:46 PM
ooo, my priestess will detest your character!! :twisted:

ooo i have ideas now!

Mattson
08-05-2004, 02:52 AM
Its good to be loved.

Do they ever say how long in the past it was that Sin caused the Al Bhed to scatter? Had an idea at work that might give good reason for sticky.

Jason Sanborn
08-05-2004, 08:35 AM
I have restarted playing the game, and been looking through the Final Fantasy Script for info on length of time.

Here's where I am considering. 500 years is a rough idea right now, until I can get some of the times down. Basically, the timeframe will be while the Al Bhed are scattered and after the formation of the Crusaders.

Grimlock
08-05-2004, 09:50 AM
Can I take part?

Of course I would probably want to be a summoner (my fav. FF characters).

Jason Sanborn
08-05-2004, 09:56 AM
Certainly. It won't be starting for a couple weeks yet. ;)

You are welcome to be the summoner. 8)

Jason Sanborn
08-05-2004, 09:58 AM
Players

Jason - General NPC's and overall story teller.
Lestat - Sin
Mattson - Al Bhed (?)
K Dogg - Guardian (?)
Grimlock - Summoner
Minity - Priestess of Yevon (Guardian (?))

Grimlock
08-05-2004, 01:05 PM
Thanks. :)

Jason Sanborn
08-05-2004, 01:16 PM
Races of Spira

Al Bhed - Wanderers. They are scattered across Spira. They don't follow the teachings of Yevon. They are mechanically inclined, and are able to use and repair ancient machina. They also are good warriors and have a number of thieving skills, which they need in order to survive in a world that is hostile to them.
Playable race

Ronso - Fierce and proud warriors. They tend to be very isolationsist at this time, rarely straying from their home in Mt. Gagazet. They are fiercly loyal to Yevon, and guard the way to Zanarkand.
Playable race

Guado - This is a Xenophobic race that lives in isolation in Guadoasalam, between the Moonflow and the Thunderplains. They are guardians of the Farplanes, but don't allow access to any non-Guado. They have no knowledge of Yevon or his teachings, and do not care for the machina either, they have their own views, which they share with no one.
Not recommended as a playable race

Hypello - This race of creatures live and work along the Moonflow, often found "driving" the Shoopuf bus across the Moonflow.
Not recommended as a playable race

Humans - These are the most numerous on Spira. They tend to live in small villages all across Spira. With the exception of Luca and Bevelle, there are no human cities, as Sin tends to destroy villages before they can get large enough. Most humans tend to follow the teachings of Yevon in hopes that by doing so, one day Sin will not return.
Playable race

<hr>
Main People of Spira

Summoner - Summoners are specialized priests and priestesses of Yevon. They have undertaken the challenge of summoning the Aeons and undertaking the journey to defeat Sin.
Playable character - Only 1 position available

Guardians - Guardians are sword to protect their summoner on his or her journey to defeat Sin. All summoners have at least one guardian. The ties that bind a guardian and a summoner goes far beyond simple friendship or duty.
Playable character - At least 1 required

Maesters of Yevon - There are four masters, including the Grand Maester (the leader). These are the spiritual leaders of Spira. They are priests of Yevon and summoners who have devoted their whole lives to the teachings of Yevon and help guide all of Spira in the ways of Yevon. Maesters can only be chosen by other Maesters, and are always well respected leaders.
Not a playable character

Priest/Priestess of Yevon - This are clerics that devote their lives to studying the teachings of Yevon. They can be found at various temples across Spira, helping Summoners on their journeys.
Playable character

Crusaders - These are warriors who follow Yevon's teachings and help to defend the cities and villages from Sin, Sin Spawn, and Fiends that would threaten them.
Playable character

Blitzball Players - These athletes are very important icons in Spira as Blitzball is the one activity that unites all Spira and helps them forget about the pain and the sorrow that Sin brings with it.
Playable character

Commoner - These are the "normal" people that aren't affiliated with any group. This doesn't mean that the person is "common" only that they haven't identified yet with any previously mentioned groups.
Playable character

<hr>
Skills

Skills are used to help define characters. Various races and classes have certain skills automatically. Some Races and classes cannot have some skills.

Summoning - This allows the summoner or Maester to summon the aeons to fight for them.
Races Allowed: Human
Classes Allowed: Summoner*, Maester*

White Magic - This is the ability to cast curative, restorative, and protective (defensive) magics.
Races Allowed: Human, Guado
Classes Allowed: Summoner*, Guardian, Maester*, Priest/Priestess of Yevon*, Blitzball Player, Crusader, Commoner

Black Magic - This is the ability to cast destructive, pain causing (offensive) magics.
Races Allowed: Human, Guado
Classes Allowed: Guardian, Blitzball Player, Commoner

Basic Combat - This is the warrior's ability to be able to fight in combat.
Races Allowed: Human, Guado, Ronso*, Hypello, Al Bhed*
Classes Allowed: Guardian, Blitzball Player, Crusader, Commoner

Martial Arts - This is a special hand-to-hand fighting style available to those who know basic combat. (Includes the jumping ability)
Races Allowed: Human, Guado, Al Bhed

Advanced Combat - This is a specialized type of combat that highly trained warriors know how to use.
Races Allowed: Human, Ronso*

Thievery - This is basic thieving skills (stealing, moving silently, hiding, etc).
Races Allowed: Human, Guado, Al Bhed*

Alchemy - The ability to combine ingredients to make potions, or combine potions to make other potions.
Races Allowed: Human, Al Bhed

Swimming - This is just like it sounds, it is swimming, as well as the ability to hold breath for extended periods of time.
Races Allowed: All
Classes Allowed: All (Blitzball Player*)

Mechanics - This is the ability to use and repair mechanical items.
Races Allowed: Al Bhed*
Classes Allowed: Blitzball Player, Commoner
Note: This skill is only available to Al Bhed and is shunned by followers of Yevon. Those who have this skill are considered outcasts and are generally hated.

* = This skill is standard with this race or class.

k dogg 777777
08-05-2004, 03:32 PM
yay. me gaurdian! can we play blitzball? ^_^

Jason Sanborn
08-05-2004, 03:34 PM
I don't think RP of Blitz will happen, but if other players want it to, we can. ;)

But you can still be a Blitzball player, as mentioned in the post describing the people, classes and skills. ;)

kulit
08-05-2004, 04:04 PM
:shocked:

*looks at list*

:confused:

hmm... :thinking:

Jason Sanborn
08-05-2004, 04:09 PM
It isn't meant to be confusing, Kulit. It is just a guide. If you have questions, please ask. :)

kulit
08-05-2004, 04:27 PM
lol no worries, Jas. That was just me being unable to decide yet. :thinking:

Mattson
08-05-2004, 05:37 PM
Excellent. The basic idea I had was that the scattering happened recently. Figuring that another attack by Sin would certainly spell the end for the Al Bhed, one goes rogue and aids a Summoner on his/her quest to buy time for the Al Bhed to recover.

Minity
08-05-2004, 05:41 PM
I want to help the Summoner...especially if an al behd is going to help her...

I also want her to be from Bevelle...cause we all know how well the people there follow the teachings

Jason Sanborn
08-05-2004, 09:53 PM
Your idea works, LM. I don't know how recent the Al Bhed were scattered, all I know is that they were scattered more by followers Yevon, and that they had been scattered for a long time. I don't think dates were given for them. :whaat:

I was planning on starting the story in Bevelle, since it is the largest city, and the center of the Yevon faith. I don't anticipate the Maesters to be corrupt, after all, it is 500 years earlier.

Also, I discovered that the Crusaders were founded as the Crimson Brigade, 200 years after Sin first appeared. So the Crusaders have been around about 300 years now. ;)

It is up to Rose who will be her guardians at the start of the story, and who might join later. It might work to RP the entrance of an Al Bhed as a Guardian, instead of just assuming it in the beginning, but that is up to you. 8)

Minity
08-05-2004, 10:03 PM
Your idea works, LM. I don't know how recent the Al Bhed were scattered, all I know is that they were scattered more by followers Yevon, and that they had been scattered for a long time. I don't think dates were given for them. :whaat:

I was planning on starting the story in Bevelle, since it is the largest city, and the center of the Yevon faith. I don't anticipate the Maesters to be corrupt, after all, it is 500 years earlier.

Also, I discovered that the Crusaders were founded as the Crimson Brigade, 200 years after Sin first appeared. So the Crusaders have been around about 300 years now. ;)

It is up to Rose who will be her guardians at the start of the story, and who might join later. It might work to RP the entrance of an Al Bhed as a Guardian, instead of just assuming it in the beginning, but that is up to you. 8)

I thought they were always corrupt...they had the same tradition each time with a new summoner and the only way they even got Yunalesca's help was that they had to promise to use the teachings of yevon (her father) so i always thought the people of Bevelle resented her in a way, but still held up their end of the bargain, esp. since they were the city to use machina to fight in the war in the first place

Jason Sanborn
08-05-2004, 10:05 PM
I guess if you put it that way, yeah. ;)

I wasn't focusing on that aspect of it, though, since that really doesn't get revealed until FFX and FFX2. :whaat:

Mattson
08-06-2004, 03:06 AM
I didn't plan to start as a guardian. Makes it much more fun to RP it out.

Jason Sanborn
08-06-2004, 11:47 PM
Info for this SL

Note, this is info as it is known by the people of Spira. The actual facts were lost through the years. Only the Maesters know most of the truth. The story will take place about 400 years prior to events in Final Fantasy 10, not 500 as I originally thought.

600 Years ago, Spira was a technologically advanced civilization. There were a lot of big cities with machina (machines) to run them. Then Sin came and destroyed all the machina cities.

There was a female summoner, Lady Yunalesca, and her husband and guardian, Lord Zaon that were the first to defeat Sin. Unfortunately, Sin returned, thus starting a spiraling cycle of death as new summoners and their guardians defeated Sin, bringing on a new short period of Calm before Sin returned again, bringing death and destruction in it's wake.

Yevon teaches that Sin is Spira's punishment for using machina. It is believed that if the people atone for their sins, that one day Sin would be destroyed and never return. It is the hope of all the summoners and guardians who undertake the pilgrimage.

400 Years ago, Lord Mi'ihen founded the Crimson Brigade. Their purpose was to defend the people, cities, towns and villages from Sin. At first, they were unwelcomed, but soon became the arm of the church of Yevon, and became known as Crusaders ever since.

The Al Bhed are a people that still use machina. They are despised by Yevonites, and were scattered by Sin all across Spira. Their shops and inns can be found in various places all around Spira. They are nomads and wanderers, a people without a home.

Blitzball is the one pasttime that all of Spira enjoys; from the xenophobic Guado, to the followers of Yevon, to the Al Bhed; everyone temporarily leaves behind their pain and suffering that Sin causes to participate or watch the annual blitzball tournaments. Blitzball is an underwater sport, similar in many ways to polo. Blitzball players have incredible swimming abilities, stamina, and have learned to hold their breath for extreme periods of time. Once a year, people from all over Spira, regardless of their race, class or station, come to Luca to watch or play Blitz.

The last summoner to defeat Sin was the High Summoner Gandof. His was probably the most terrific of the battles with Sin. His battle in the Calm Lands had caused a great chasm to be formed in the earth, a permanent reminder of the death and destruction that Sin brings to Spira. After Gandof defeated Sin, he ushered in a new period known as the Calm. The Calm was a time of peace before Sin appeared again.

Now, the time of the Calm is coming to a close. Sin has reappeared, and now new summoners must begin their pilgrimage. They travel to each of the temples of Yevon. At the temple, they pray to the Fayth. If the Fayth hear their prayers, the Fayth aid them by answering the summoner's call as a being of incredible power, known as an Aeon. The pilgrimage eventually leads the summoner to the ruins of Zanarkand where the summoner will pray to receive the Final Aeon and perform the Final Summoning that will defeat Sin and bring upon a new Calm.

Jason Sanborn
08-06-2004, 11:52 PM
I hope I put enough background info here for anyone to be involved. I know Kulit is unfamiliar with FF10, and both Lestat and LM are currently working their way through the game. If anyone has any questions about the info presented here, or thinks something more should be explained, please let me know. 8)

Grimlock
08-07-2004, 08:12 AM
The more people who help the summoner the better. ;)

Jason Sanborn
08-07-2004, 12:11 PM
<table border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0"><tr><th colspan="3">Races of Spira</th></tr><tr valign="bottom"><td>http://mb.simplicitypoint.com/FinalFantasy/al-bhed.jpg</td><td>http://mb.simplicitypoint.com/FinalFantasy/guado.jpg</td><td>http://mb.simplicitypoint.com/FinalFantasy/ronso.jpg</td></tr><tr align="center"><td>Al Bhed</td><td>Guado</td><td>Ronso</td></tr></table>

KyleLitke
08-07-2004, 06:54 PM
I'd like to be a Guardian. Main or otherwise.

Jason Sanborn
08-07-2004, 07:02 PM
Players

Lestat - Sin
Mattson - Al Bhed - Guardian
K Dogg - Guardian
Grimlock - Summoner
Minity - Priestess of Yevon - Guardian
Klitke - Guardian
Luke - Traveling Merchant

Jason Sanborn
08-07-2004, 07:06 PM
Ok sounds good!

Now, for the players, whenever you are ready, start thinking about your character's race, "class," and skills. The list on the previous page should help with that. Certain races and classes have skills they have automatically, and others they can add. If anyone has any questions, they can post it here, or send me a PM.

Also, it would be good to determine who is going to start out as a guardian, and who is going to RP becoming a guardian. I know LM is going to RP becoming a guardian. At least one person should start out as a guardian. The summoner will be starting as an apprentice summoner in Bevelle, and the SL will start just before going into the Temple at the Palace of St. Bevelle.

KyleLitke
08-07-2004, 07:09 PM
I'll start as a Guardian.

Minity
08-07-2004, 07:10 PM
jumps up and down!

Ill start out as a guardian...if its ok with Rose!

and Im human with white mage skills of course!

Greene_Luke
08-09-2004, 04:56 AM
if there is still room i would like to through my hat into the ring. I am picturing a glasses wearing bookworm. With white and black magic, rides a chacobo sells minor recovery items on the side. He studied with the summoner in Bevelle and does not want the summoner to finish the quest. Following the party helping when can adding support / attack magic but noit an official gardian. May wonder off in serch of new items / Supplyers exc to expand his buissness....

As long as the charactor is not considered to far fetched....

Jason Sanborn
08-09-2004, 08:29 AM
There is still room. Welcome aboard, Luke. I like the concept of your character. 8)

Grimlock
08-09-2004, 09:39 AM
Well the summoner has to start with a few guardians and get more on the way. ;)

KLitke and Minity are welcome to start out as guardians.

I think the summoner's name will be Lana.

She's a human and a summoner and white mage. Also since I've noticed that in FFX and FFX-2 the summoners were the important to Spira they often sang to try and get their people's hopes up. So I would also think Lana would be a songtress but her 1st duty is a summoner.

Jason Sanborn
08-09-2004, 09:49 AM
Sounds good to me. :)

Grimlock
08-09-2004, 10:15 AM
Cool. Do you have an idea when this will start?

KyleLitke
08-09-2004, 12:09 PM
I see a lot of mages, so I'll be a warrior. Beyond that, I'm not sure yet, I'll get back to you. I was picturing more along the lines of Auron, but not exactly the same or anything like that.

Jason Sanborn
08-09-2004, 12:16 PM
Cool. Do you have an idea when this will start?
Later this month. I am trying to wrap up one major story arc which should be wrapping up this week or next. Then I will be starting this one up. :)

NoCal in SoCal
08-11-2004, 11:26 AM
A Final Fantasy RP, eh?

Hmmmm.

*Must check to see if I have enough time for this in between table session, not to mention work of course.*

Why do I get the feeling that I may just end up trying to play FFX from the beginning again?

Jason Sanborn
08-11-2004, 11:30 AM
You are more than welcome to join, NoCal. :D

(Provided you can break away from your card games long enough. ;))

Minity
08-11-2004, 12:36 PM
can I have some black mage skills too...I just have to think of a name...other than that...I think Ive got the character down- lol

Jason Sanborn
08-11-2004, 01:00 PM
Well, priestesses aren't SUPPOSED to have black magic, but based off what you told me in the PM, I think it will be fine for your character. You would just know not to use it around certain people. ;)

Minity
08-11-2004, 02:17 PM
O i have a good time to use it...LOL

NoCal in SoCal
08-11-2004, 03:13 PM
You are more than welcome to join, NoCal. :D

(Provided you can break away from your card games long enough. ;))

Well, that does seem to be the one lil problem in the whole equation.

Grimlock
08-13-2004, 08:34 AM
Later this month. I am trying to wrap up one major story arc which should be wrapping up this week or next. Then I will be starting this one up. :)

Sounds good.

Grimlock
08-13-2004, 08:34 AM
More people who join the SL, the better. ;)

Jason Sanborn
08-18-2004, 02:36 PM
I'm looking at starting this sometime next week. Depending on how my work week is next week, could be as late as next Saturday (8/28). Anybody think it should be delayed longer?

k dogg 777777
08-18-2004, 02:40 PM
yay!!! I can't wait!

Mattson
08-18-2004, 03:56 PM
I should be recovered from my trip by Tuesday....I hope.

KyleLitke
08-18-2004, 04:19 PM
Fine by me.

Minity
08-18-2004, 09:23 PM
Im good with it...I think my characters name will be Amora...and Im deciding if I should make that a clone or not...cause if i do, it might be my last one...2 accounts is too much for me- lol!

Grimlock
08-19-2004, 07:25 AM
Works for me also.

k dogg 777777
08-19-2004, 10:00 AM
My character will be....... Tiraku. hahaha.

Jason Sanborn
08-19-2004, 02:15 PM
Players

Lestat - Sin
K Dogg - Tiraku - Guardian
Grimlock - Lana - Summoner
Minity - Amora - Priestess of Yevon - Guardian
Klitke - Guardian

k dogg 777777
08-19-2004, 03:19 PM
soo... who get's the girl in the end? ^_^

Jason Sanborn
08-19-2004, 03:22 PM
Ummm. No one. :whaat:

k dogg 777777
08-19-2004, 03:24 PM
DAMMIT! no competition? I love being the jeaslous guy who desperatly follows the girl.

see Mil's wedding ^_^

Jason Sanborn
08-19-2004, 03:27 PM
Sorry Kev. I'm sure the "romance" of the SL will work itself out in the SL. ;)

Jason Sanborn
08-19-2004, 03:27 PM
Players

Lestat - Sin
Minity - Elle - Priestess of Yevon - Guardian
Klitke - Salin - Guardian

k dogg 777777
08-19-2004, 03:31 PM
oh, btw

I wanna work my way up to the Gaurdian position. that would be fun.

Jason Sanborn
08-19-2004, 03:33 PM
Okay, no problem there. That allows for Minity and KLitke as the only "initial" Guardians.

k dogg 777777
08-19-2004, 03:35 PM
YAY!

hehe

k dogg 777777
08-19-2004, 08:03 PM
alright.... I guess I should post this now...

my Race: Human
Class: Guardian
Skills: Martial Arts

^_^ K ^_^

Grimlock
08-20-2004, 08:10 AM
A romance will probably work its way into the story. What's a Final Fantasy game without a side love story?

Grimlock
08-20-2004, 08:22 AM
I have a question. How long did the last Calm last?

Jason Sanborn
08-20-2004, 08:54 AM
I hadn't established a time frame. In the game, it was 10 years between the defeat of Sin and Yuna's pilgrimage, but it had been stated that other summoners had already begun their pilgrimages, and that others had died as a result of Sin previously. So, the actual length of time was probably much less than 10 years.

So, for this length of time for the Calm, I'm going to say it has been 5 years, and the Calm is just now ending. :whaat:

k dogg 777777
08-20-2004, 10:16 AM
A romance will probably work its way into the story. What's a Final Fantasy game without a side love story?

totally. I loved the FF8 story. I cried. hehe

Grimlock
08-20-2004, 01:05 PM
I hadn't established a time frame. In the game, it was 10 years between the defeat of Sin and Yuna's pilgrimage, but it had been stated that other summoners had already begun their pilgrimages, and that others had died as a result of Sin previously. So, the actual length of time was probably much less than 10 years.

So, for this length of time for the Calm, I'm going to say it has been 5 years, and the Calm is just now ending. :whaat:

Okay. I was wondering because I was thinking the last summoner to defeat Sin could have been related to Lana.

Jason Sanborn
08-20-2004, 01:09 PM
That is fine. Also, I took the last summoner's name directly from one of Machen's history lessons from FFX. ;)

Grimlock
08-20-2004, 01:17 PM
I didn't really pay attention to his history lesson. ;)

Grimlock
08-20-2004, 01:17 PM

Hehe. FF8 had the best love story by far.

Jason Sanborn
08-20-2004, 01:20 PM
I didn't really pay attention to his history lesson. ;)
Well, here's a history lesson from FFX. For those who haven't made it to the Calm Lands yet in the game, don't worry, there are no spoilers here.

"As you know, these plains were once a battlefield."
"A great battle between Bevelle and Zanarkand, a melee of machina!"
"That war left this place a barren, lifeless land."
"Then, time passed."
"The summoners took note of this uninhabited land."
"Great battles could be fought here, with no harm to the common folk."
"Perfect for a final battle with Sin, as it were."
"Summoners wait here, ready to perform the Final Summoning."
"Ah, to know what they must feel!"
"In any case, when Sin is defeated here, the Calm will visit Spira once more."
"That's why this place is now known as the Calm Lands. Exactly who dubbed it so is unknown."
"And that, as they say, is that."
"Oh dear, I almost forgot to tell you something."
"There's a chasm, a great rend in the earth, in these parts."
"A scar left from High Summoner Gandof's bitter battle with Sin, four hundred years past."

k dogg 777777
08-20-2004, 01:28 PM

Hehe. FF8 had the best love story by far.

yup!

KyleLitke
08-20-2004, 11:45 PM

See though...now, it's been awhile, but I swear I thought they said at one point that the time of the Calm was getting shorter and shorter...that once it had been much longer than 5-10 years. I may be way off on that though...it's been awhile.

KyleLitke
08-21-2004, 12:05 AM
Okay, I looked it up and I am misremembering it somehow, as Sin's Calms always lasted roughly 5-10 years. Maybe I thought wrong because of the huge spaces between Summoners defeating Sin, until recent times.

But here's another question. I know we're starting around 600 years after Sin's first appearance, and shortly after Gandof's Calm ended. From that point, are we just going to ignore "future" events and do our own thing? Or are we going to stick to the storyline?

I only ask because by the games storyline, there wasn't another Calm for 200-300 years, when Yocun defeated Sin. In "our world", is it possible for us to temporarily beat Sin again, for example, even though that event never happened in the game world? Or are we going to stick to it? It doesn't really matter either way...there are plenty of stories we can get without actually beating Sin. Or we could not worry about the "future" and just do our own thing, which could be fun too. Just curious which way you wanted to do that.

KyleLitke
08-21-2004, 12:27 AM
Here's another for ya. (Possible spoilers...they're not major, mostly just background storyline stuff, but if you're avoiding all spoilers, avoid this).

I noticed in your description of the setting, you mentioned various summoners defeating Sin. In actuality, at this point, only three have. Lady Yunalesca was the first, obviously. There was a Calm that lasted roughly ten years, and then, from that time (somewhere between 20 and 40 years after the destruction of Zanarkand) until 400 years AZ (After Zanarkand ;) ), Sin ran rampant. Other summoners tried to duplicate the feat and failed (perhaps not really knowing how they were supposed to go about doing it? Possibly some even made it to the end, but balked when they found out what was required to defeat Sin...they might not have even known what would happen to the Summoner at that point). Around 400 AZ, Ohalland (the first person given the title of High Summoner, but not until after the fact), a former Blitzball player, defeated Sin. Then Sin returns after a short time (the thing I'm looking at says it was a couple years at best, a very short Calm), and again runs rampant for 200 or so years. That's when Gandof defeated Sin, and where the story picks up.

And one other thing...I'm not so sure Braska's Calm lasted more than a year, maybe two, unless Summoners were taking the pilgrimage during the Calm to prepare for Sin's return. Lulu's first Summoner (the one who died at Yojimbo's cave) died somewhere between 990 and 992 AZ, roughly...and since the Calm Lands are among the LAST stops on the pilgrimage, I have to wonder if the Calm lasted more than a year or so.

Finally...

(Much more important storyline spoilers for the end of the game...again, if you don't care about getting spoiled, feel free to continue, otherwise, back away...)

This is the part I'm a bit confused about, and maybe someone else who has played knows. The cycle goes like this:

Summoner reaches Yunalesca.
Guardian becomes the Final Aeon, essentially dying in the process.
Summoner and Final Aeon head to the Calm lands (although they could theoretically do it anywhere).
Summoner uses the Final Aeon to defeat Sin. Yu Yevon uses the defeated Final Aeon to form a new Sin.

Where in all of this does the Summoner die?

They don't die when the Final Aeon is first formed, as they have to go to the Calm Lands still to actually summon the Aeon.

They don't die due to the Aeon being summoned...Anima is a Final Aeon, it's just that Seymour chickened out and didn't go after Sin. He was still summoning her even before the party killed him, and it didn't kill him then.

So what exactly kills the Summoners?? Technically, the Final Aeon doesn't die (or does it??), it just becomes Sin, so I don't think it could be the bonding of the Summoner and Aeon...I don't remember if this was really explained or not. Is it the fact that Yu Yevon takes control of the Aeon that kills the Summoner?

And that's quite enough out of me for now. ;) Next post'll have some character info.

KyleLitke
08-21-2004, 01:08 AM
Okay, first off, his name's Salin, and his race is Human.

He's a Guardian as we previously established. Skillwise, I figure Basic combat and Advanced combat.

I haven't fully thought out his history, but here's a couple ideas (and if anything interferes with the story or whatever, let me know and I can change it).

Salin was born around 570 AZ (I'll have a better idea once we get everything worked out of exactly how old he is), in a small village I haven't named yet. For his fifteenth birthday, his father took him to Luca to see the Blitzball tournaments...his mother, 8 months pregnant with their second child, stayed home. Upon returning home, they discovered that their village had been essentially wiped off the face of the earth. They knew it was Sin, but why Sin had chosen to attack their small village, when usually it only went for larger communities, was a mystery. Nothing, and nobody, remained. They held out hope, at first, that the villagers had escaped, but it quickly became clear that this wasn't the case.

Salin's father took him to Kilika, where they lived for a short time. One day, his father was simply gone. Nobody seemed to know where he had gone. After a couple of weeks with no word, Salin joined the Crusaders. He had decided that he needed to do anything in his power to save more villages from Sin (This is roughly around 12 years before Gandof defeats Sin, Salin would be 17 at the time).

Salin's father had once been a Crusader until he retired, and as a result, great things were expected of Salin. Luckily, he didn't require much training...his father had taught him the basics of fighting during their stay in Kilika. Salin rose through the ranks quickly. Although he never forgot the deaths of his mother and unborn sibling, he grew to utilize those in a positive manner, using it to force himself to work harder and harder. He pushed his missing father out of his mind. At the age of 27 (2 years before Gandof's Calm), a disaster for the Crusader's occured. The leader of the Crusaders as well as many other important Crusaders, heading for Luca by ship, came across Sin. They battled the creature and managed to force it away, but the ship had been damaged beyond repair. It sunk to the bottom of the ocean, killing all aboard. The Crusader's were in disarray now. Many factions attempted to seize control. Salin, who was in charge of the defense of Luca at the time, stayed out of the whole thing, content to follow whoever became the leader. However, it quickly became obvious that by this time, the factions had so much ill will towards each other that none could follow one of the others. Salin became the only option that the various factions could reluctantly accept.

Salin led the Crusaders for two full years. He was a good leader, keeping the Crusaders together when it seemed obvious they would splinter. Then, one day, Salin left Bevelle to meet with the Ronso's of Mount Gagazet, in an attempt to form some kind of group amongst all the world's races to hopefully drive Sin away. He never reached Mount Gagazet, however. On his way through the Calm Lands, as far as anyone knows, Salin simply disappeared. Although there was much speculation as to what could have happened, nobody knew for sure. However, much of the speculation centered on the one thing they did know...the day Salin should have arrived at Mount Gagazet was the day Gandof defeated Sin.

It seemed Salin's disappearance would be a mystery lost to time...until 5 years later, Salin resurfaced, Guardian to a Summoner. He would not speak about the missing years, and vehemently refused to speak to anyone concerning the Crusaders. He appears to be devoted to Yevon, as most of Spira, but it almost appears forced. Also, unlike nearly all Yevonite's, he not only has no problems with the Al Bhed, but has claimed he admires their goals at times. Most denizens of Spira have no clue what he's talking about, being unaware of exactly what the Al Bhed goals are. However, due to his former status and mysterious return, most just assume he got a bit too close to Sin's toxin, and it warped his mind somewhat.

That's pretty much what I have right now...if that interferes with the story at all or whatever, let me know. I figure that also leaves it openended to work out how he ended up meeting Grimlock or whatever.

As for the missing pieces, that'll have to be a mystery to unfold while we play. ;)

Jason Sanborn
08-21-2004, 08:01 AM
Kyle, I'd love to know where you got your info, because my info was gained from my interpretation from the dialogue in the game. ;)

From here, I would recommend that if you are not interested in spoilers, that you don't continue on. 8)

There were a lot of gaps in what was stated in the dialogue. It was assumed that there were other summoners that defeated Sin in between, so I am going off that assumption. I am also not going off any info from FFX2 because I haven't played it all the way through yet.

Looking at the temples, there are several different statues of High Summoners, beyond just Yunalesca, Yocun, Ohalland, Gandof and Braska, the only five I recall being named in the dialogue. It would stand to reason that there were other Summoners that became High Summoners that weren't mentioned in the game. I believe there were eight statues of high Summoners, three on each side, plus the two next to the staircase leading to the cloister of trials.

As to the death of the Summoner. I think the belief is that the summoner dies when "summoning" the Final Aeon, when I think the reality is that the Summoner dies while defeating Sin. If you recall the battle with Yevon in the game, all the aeons were summoned and fought by the entire party. If the summoner only has himself or herself, and possibly a couple guardians, the battle with the Final Aeon, Sin and Yevon would kill the summoner and the others.

Major spoilers: Here is a script of all the dialogue from the game.
http://www.ffwa.org/ff10/script-p1-01.html

KyleLitke
08-21-2004, 01:56 PM
SPOILERS CONTINUE! ;)

Actually, Jas, there's only 4. It's possible they put two statues of each High Summoner, maybe? I don't remember how many statues there were.

The link you gave is cool, and very informative, but the only problem with it is it doesn't include random conversations. In the Besaid Temple, one of the priests, assuming you're affected by Sin's Toxin, says:

"The High summoners, in order from the right: Lord Braska, Lady Yocun, Lord Ohalland, and Lord Gandof. Do you remember them now?"

Here's a link of a full script, although it currently only has until the group leaves Besaid the first time...but it does include all the random conversations, including the one with the High Priest that says there were four High Summoners.

http://www.eternal-legend.com/ffx/script/111besaid.shtml

There's also, arguably, Yunalesca, but the title of High Summoner didn't come into existence until after Ohalland.

Grimlock
08-21-2004, 02:01 PM
I do remember there being more than 5 stautes in the temples.

Would it be alright if Lana was the niece of Gandof?

KyleLitke
08-21-2004, 02:32 PM
I think that would not only be pretty cool, but would give a good reason for Salin to be her guardian. But that'd be up to the others.

As for the statues, I've been replaying the game...I'll go back to Besaid and check, see if there are "doubles" of statues or something else. But I definitely remember the High Priest saying there were only 4 High Summoners (excluding Yunalesca).

Grimlock
08-21-2004, 02:33 PM

I think the Summoner dies calling the Final Aeon.

Yunalesca told Yuna that:

"For once you call forth the Final Aeon, your life will end. Death is the ultimate and final liberation. Your father, Braska, chose this path."

Jason Sanborn
08-21-2004, 02:44 PM
Thanks for the link, Kyle. That helps with the additional information. ;)

Okay, so we do only have four High Summoners (3 at the current time). Now, the question I pose to the group is the same one Kyle posed earlier, do we stay on with the story, meaning that Sin will not be defeated again until Braska? Or, do we break the timeline a bit and let this SL end with the defeat of Sin. I am open to either option. 8)

Grimlock
08-21-2004, 02:51 PM
I don't mind either way to be honest. Because even if we do break away we know Lana and one of the guardians will have to die. Since it wasn't until's Yuna's journey that they figured out the cycle and stopped it.

Jason Sanborn
08-21-2004, 02:54 PM
I'll wait for the others to reply as well. If no one minds, then we will keep to the history established by the game. We can still start before the final decision is made, since we are still a long way away from that conclusion. ;)

k dogg 777777
08-21-2004, 07:22 PM
I don't mind either way to be honest. Because even if we do break away we know Lana and one of the guardians will have to die. Since it wasn't until's Yuna's journey that they figured out the cycle and stopped it.

I second!

KyleLitke
08-21-2004, 09:22 PM
Thanks for the link, Kyle. That helps with the additional information. ;)

Okay, so we do only have four High Summoners (3 at the current time). Now, the question I pose to the group is the same one Kyle posed earlier, do we stay on with the story, meaning that Sin will not be defeated again until Braska? Or, do we break the timeline a bit and let this SL end with the defeat of Sin. I am open to either option. 8)

Lady Yocun, actually...300 or so years after Gandof, 90 years before Braska.

Gandof was only the third person to defeat Sin, but the first was Yunalesca, and she's not considered a High Summoner, since the church of Yevon didn't even technically come into existence until after her death (she herself planted the seeds for it).

But otherwise, I don't mind either way. Stick to the storyline or do our own thing, it's cool!

By the way, I played a bit today and checked Kilika temple...while there were a lot of small statues along the sides, there were just four large statues near the entranceway to the Cloister of Trials, one for each Summoner. I wonder if the 8 you were thinking of were the extra, smaller ones? Not too certain what they represent.

KyleLitke
08-21-2004, 09:24 PM

I think the Summoner dies calling the Final Aeon.

Yunalesca told Yuna that:

"For once you call forth the Final Aeon, your life will end. Death is the ultimate and final liberation. Your father, Braska, chose this path."

SPOILERS! ;)

See, though, that almost makes sense, except that Anima is Seymour's Final Aeon, and he didn't die from summoning her. Which means I'm guessing it has something to do with using the Final Aeon to defeat Sin. I guess when Yu Yevon takes control of the Final Aeon, the whole taking control thing must kill the summoner...but I'm not actually sure.

Angelina
08-22-2004, 07:51 PM
ok, Im gonna post my profile, Ive decided to name her Elle instead of Amora

Elle:

She was born in Bevelle, and her family is somewhat well known, she is about 28, with black hair. She has served as a Priestess at the main temple in Bevelle for over 10 years. She has also served as an advisor to many of the Maesters in their times of need and as such, knows more about Yevon, and Spira than anyone should. Because of the teachings, she detests the Al Behd. She is very knowledgeable about the locations in Spira as well. She is also cold and harsh, and definately knows more than anyone should.

her body is covered from head to toe in a white clothe. Unlike most preistess' her top is skin tight, revealing the form of her upper body. She has a couple of chains on her belt loops which show the sign of Yevon at the end of them. On her waist is piece of cloth that attaches to her hips...she wears black shoes and seems to be in great shape for someone who shouldnt know combat. Instead of a staff, she holds a small knife, that is attatched to her leg.

((hey are we going with the story line...like, is our summoner going to die at the end cause she beat Sin (we can just pretend we added a summoner) or will she die before she finishes the pilgrimige))

Jason Sanborn
08-22-2004, 10:14 PM
As it stands right now, she will die during the pilgrimage, unless someone decides differently. I am willing to go either way, and we have plenty of time to make the decision. ;)

Jason Sanborn
08-22-2004, 10:15 PM
Players

Lestat - Sin
Minity - Elle - Priestess of Yevon - Guardian
Klitke - Salin - Guardian

Grimlock
08-23-2004, 07:40 AM
Everyone wants Lana to die. I feel loved. ;)

Maybe she gets to Zanarkand but instead of defeating Yunalesca like in FF10 she dies instead. Or she never got the name High Summoner and the Calm didn't last long, although she defeated Sin. :whaat:

Grimlock
08-23-2004, 07:45 AM
Lana:

Lana was orphaned by Sin when she was 5. Her Uncle, the High Summoner Gandof, was unable to stop Sin from killing her family. He was the brother of Lana's mother. He took Lana and raised her. She loved her uncle and wanted to be like him. Thus why she became a Summoner. She was 16 when Gandof died, bringing the Calm to Spira. Although people were happy that he defeated Sin, Lana was sad because she knew her uncle would not return. She remained in Bevelle, the place her uncle said goodbye to her when he left her to battle Sin. She started her training there.

I'm figuring that Lana is about 21, if the Calm lasted 5 years.

Jason Sanborn
08-23-2004, 09:07 AM
Maybe she gets to Zanarkand but instead of defeating Yunalesca like in FF10 she dies instead.
That is a possibility.

Or she never got the name High Summoner and the Calm didn't last long, although she defeated Sin. :whaat:
Or, perhaps something could happen along the way that dishonors her with Yevon, so they never acknowledge her as a High Summoner. :whaat:

KyleLitke
08-23-2004, 11:51 AM
By the way, whatever we should decide, Salin can die along with Lana, if she decides to...whether it be due to the Final Aeon, dying protecting her, whatever. Just thought I'd throw that out there.

Minity
08-24-2004, 08:57 PM
Elle will probably die at the end too...but...not the way people might think, and if we have the summoner try and fight Yunalesca AND get excommunicated from Yevon...wont we just be repeating things from number X, i would say one or the other, and i like the later one best though, but thats only for my character development! :whaat:

Mattson
08-24-2004, 10:17 PM
I'm good either way. I enjoy a story more for its journey then its end. And I'll try to get to work on a character sheet once I get caught up on posts but given my concept, I can start in after the tale begins.

Grimlock
08-25-2004, 08:17 AM
Or she never got the name High Summoner and the Calm didn't last long, although she defeated Sin. :whaat:
Or, perhaps something could happen along the way that dishonors her with Yevon, so they never acknowledge her as a High Summoner. :whaat:

As I think about it a little. I like this option better also.

Lana also might not be a huge fan of Yevon. Since her uncle died.

k dogg 777777
08-25-2004, 08:38 AM
what's with all the dying? where's the LOOOOVE?

Grimlock
08-25-2004, 08:58 AM
LOL. I guess everyone wants to die with Lana.

KLitke that's fine that Salin will die with her.

k dogg 777777
08-25-2004, 09:00 AM
hahahahaha. there ya go....

who do I die with? a stick?

Grimlock
08-25-2004, 10:03 AM
Well Tiraku doesn't have to die if you don't want him too.

kulit
08-25-2004, 03:01 PM
Looks like you have a fair amount of players already so i'll just sit this one out. ;) I was trying to get Nocal in here so he'll at least get back in RP even for one SL, but you know him and his poker playing. :roll: o:)

k dogg 777777
08-25-2004, 03:10 PM
Well Tiraku doesn't have to die if you don't want him too.

yeah! I'll be the last man standing.

and shiela, you don't HAVE to even it out! come join us!

*hypno eyes* join us... join us...

Jason Sanborn
08-25-2004, 03:23 PM
The game is afoot. (http://forumcorp.com/jsanborn/viewtopic.php?t=523)

I am starting this just before Lana goes into the Temple at St. Bevelle. Lana is an apprentice summoner until she gains her first Aeon. ;)

KyleLitke
08-25-2004, 07:42 PM
Should Salin be her Guardian already right now? I assume even an apprentice summoner would have at least one Guardian to start with, as Yuna did. Theoretically, the trials are supposed to be dangerous (although they really were puzzles, and there weren't actual BATTLES inside the temples, oddly enough...)

Minity
08-25-2004, 07:52 PM
I think technically we would start off as guardians...cause Lu, Wakka, and Khimari all agreed to be guardians...I think maybe you choose your guardians even before you become a summoner, because once you do...youd have to go through the trouble of finding some...and um...Oh I think the only reason the trials were dangerous was becuase they could be physically exhausting to the summoner...leaving her/him vulnerable when they were done praying

KyleLitke
08-25-2004, 08:06 PM
That's possible.

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. Theoretically, they're not summoners until they've gone through the first trial...but they're supposed to have Guardians right then.

Jason Sanborn
08-25-2004, 08:08 PM
I was going under the idea that Lana already had her two guardians at this point. The others would join along the way. :whaat:

KyleLitke
08-25-2004, 08:12 PM
Sounds good. :)

Minity
08-25-2004, 08:14 PM
coo!

k dogg 777777
08-26-2004, 08:24 AM
cool. so right now Elle, and Salin is starting out as gaurdians, right?

Jason Sanborn
08-26-2004, 08:26 AM
cool. so right now Elle, and Salin is starting out as gaurdians, right?
Yes, that is correct. :)

k dogg 777777
08-26-2004, 08:28 AM
ok cool.

Jason Sanborn
08-26-2004, 08:30 AM
One thing to note. Lana and Grathen are talking inside a meditation room in the Palace. I am assuming the two guardians are waiting outside in the main temple area. Others can be anywhere they want to be in Bevelle or outside Bevelle. :)

k dogg 777777
08-26-2004, 08:46 AM
I'm spying. hahaha

KyleLitke
08-26-2004, 11:33 AM
One thing to note. Lana and Grathen are talking inside a meditation room in the Palace. I am assuming the two guardians are waiting outside in the main temple area. Others can be anywhere they want to be in Bevelle or outside Bevelle. :)

Yeah, that's what I assumed, which is why I haven't posted yet. ;)

Walker
08-26-2004, 01:43 PM
Are you still taking players for this game. I'd like to join up if you are.

Jason Sanborn
08-26-2004, 01:44 PM
Sure, you are welcome to join. We just started. We already have the two starting guardians, but you are welcome to be another guardian that joins along the way, or just another person that they work with through the story. :)

Walker
08-26-2004, 01:47 PM
Great. I have an idea half formed. I'll work on it some more today and post it for you to see later.

Grimlock
08-27-2004, 08:21 AM
Lana is in front of the entrance to the trials now. She saw Elle and wonders were Salin is.

Also I threw in a little memory of Gandof telling his niece goodbye just before he left to battle Sin.

Angelina
08-27-2004, 08:33 AM
are we going to do anything with the cloister of trials, or just go straight to the camber of the faith?

Grimlock
08-27-2004, 08:37 AM
That's a good question. Well Jason?

Walker
08-27-2004, 08:42 AM
Alright. I like to play an old retired Crusader that is ready to give Sin one last battle before his age dose him in. I still got a little more work to do but that is going to be the basic consept

Jason Sanborn
08-27-2004, 08:45 AM
Well, we can't do the type of puzzles that were in the game, since they were mostly visual style puzzles. I think the best thing to do is include in your post about solving the Cloister of Trials and arriving at the entrance to the Chamber of the Faith. I don't see a point in drawing out the Cloister of Trials, unless anyone has an idea on how we would best accomplish that, without detracting from the story. :)

k dogg 777777
08-27-2004, 09:35 AM
good... I can't imagine posting " I put the besaid sphere here and..." that would be maddness!

Jason Sanborn
08-27-2004, 11:11 AM
Alright. I like to play an old retired Crusader that is ready to give Sin one last battle before his age dose him in. I still got a little more work to do but that is going to be the basic consept
Sounds good to me, Walker. (Sorry I missed this post earlier :whaat:)

Grimlock
08-27-2004, 11:24 AM
Okay. I agree with K Dogg it would be crazy trying to post it all.

KyleLitke
08-27-2004, 11:26 AM
Walker, we should figure something out for our characters...yours might recognize mine. How long ago was your character a crusader? Salin's been missing for the past 5 years, but prior to that, he led the Crusaders for 2, and was in their group for 10 prior to THAT. So they might know each other.

Salin disappeared suddenly 5 years ago in the Calm Lands. Nobody knows what happened to him, but assumed he was dead. He just recently popped up as Guardian to Lana, but for the most part, nobody knows he's back yet.

Walker
08-27-2004, 11:36 AM
I was thinking of having him retire from the Crusaders about 5 years ago when the Calm first started. He would of joined up with the Crusaders in his early 20's and I was thinking of putting him in his late 50's now. So he has been a career soilder for a long time. He only retired do to his age and the number of wounds he's taken starting to get in the way. Thats just what I have come up with for now. I still have a lot to work on.

Grimlock
08-27-2004, 11:36 AM
Here is something we should think of. How did Lana meet Salin and Elle?

k dogg 777777
08-27-2004, 01:34 PM
heh. you kinda get the idea how tiraku meets Lana

KyleLitke
08-27-2004, 01:38 PM
I would think based on a couple ideas I have for his past, Salin would have sought out Lana when he heard she was interested in becoming a summoner.

Walker: Salin disappeared right around when Gandof defeated Sin...within a day before to a day after. So you would have left at the same time he did, and probably would recognize him. :)

Minity
08-27-2004, 01:43 PM
maybe Elle was friends of the family...or something
:whaat:

k dogg 777777
08-27-2004, 01:45 PM

or maybe drinking partners? or mebbe had a past relationship?

our maybe their 3rd cousins twice removed?

Walker
08-27-2004, 10:20 PM
Name: Zedd
Race: Human
Skills: Basic and Advanced Combat.

Zedd was pushed into becoming a Crusader at the age of 20. His father, a preist of Yevon, pushed him in to doing something for the temples. Given that Zedd showed no aptatuide for being a preist he joined up with the Crusaders. However this turned out to be a good thing. He found that the beliefs of the Crusaders to match his well. He was able to serve Yevon and help the people all at once. Like most young soilders he was gungho and willing to prove himself. That last only as long as his first real battle. During his first fight against Sin Spawn his unit was mostly destroyed and he was left with the last two fingers on his left hand missing. Shortly after he spent a short time healing up and was reasigned to a new unit. His new unit had a much better survival rate. Even though he saw many friends die he always managed to survive when he watched as many others didn't. The years brought two more wounds, a missing right eye, and a stiff right leg that reduced his movment speed by half. Even with all these disabilites he still put in more years of faithful service to the idea of the Crusaders protecting the public from Sin. Even long after his faith in Yevon started to wane. When Gandof finaly brought the Calm, Zedd was 52 years old and starting to feel the effects of his age and his wounds. He desided that it was time he retired from the soilders life. So he left the Crusaders and bought a small home in Killika. Now 5 years later Sin has returned. With Zedd now 57 years old is feeling much older and closer to dying. But with Sin back he has something to fight for again. He only gives a quick thought about rejoining the Crusaders but pass it by quickly. The young one leading it now wouldn't want a crippled old man in there ranks. So he dose whats left to him. He packs up his small cabin and heads out in search of a Summoner.

Well thats what I got. Hope it'll work.

Random Character
08-28-2004, 03:10 AM
First post is up and yes, all its dialogue is in AlBhed. I'll put subtitles up if people want but Jas did put a link to a handy translator site on page 2 here.

Name: Jeldun
Race: Human (AlBhed)
Skills: Basic Combat, Mechanics, Swimming, Theivery

Jeldun survived Sin's assult on the AlBhed but was left with no one he knew. He has gathered together with three other AlBhed survivors but isn't very motivated. He doesn't beleive he'll ever see the people he grew up with alive or that the AlBhed will survive for much longer. In that time between greif and vengence, he realized something-If the Calm ends too soon, the AlBhed will lose what little shot they have at surviving. Beleiving this, he waited and set forth to find a Summoner to aid when the Calm ended. Breaking ones personal beleifs for ones people seemed the only course left.

Grimlock
08-30-2004, 06:53 AM

Yeah....Is "stalking" against the law in Spira? LOL.

Grimlock
08-30-2004, 06:53 AM
I would think based on a couple ideas I have for his past, Salin would have sought out Lana when he heard she was interested in becoming a summoner.

That works for me.

Grimlock
08-30-2004, 06:54 AM

That could work. Maybe Grathen introduced them since Lana's uncle asked him to take care of her.

Jason Sanborn
08-30-2004, 08:38 AM
LM: There is a post you might have missed.

http://forumcorp.com/jsanborn/viewtopic ... 9133#19133 (http://forumcorp.com/jsanborn/viewtopic.php?p=19133#19133)

A couple of Crusaders want to start trouble with Jeldun on the road leading to Bevelle.

Minity
08-30-2004, 08:47 AM

That could work. Maybe Grathen introduced them since Lana's uncle asked him to take care of her.

yea that would probably be the best thing, since Elle is well known in Bevelle anyway

k dogg 777777
08-30-2004, 09:11 AM

Yeah....Is "stalking" against the law in Spira? LOL.

haha. he's just desperate to kill sin. sin killed parents! me crush SIN!

Grimlock
08-30-2004, 11:50 AM
LOL.

Grimlock
08-30-2004, 11:50 AM
yea that would probably be the best thing, since Elle is well known in Bevelle anyway

Okay, and through him they became friends.

Jason Sanborn
08-30-2004, 01:26 PM
I'm going to let LM and Walker catch up a little more before having the fayth answer Lana's prayers. There will be some time that needs to pass (like when Yuna prayed for her first Aeon), and we can use that delay for the others in the SL to get to Bevelle. ;)

Walker
09-03-2004, 07:28 AM
I'll try and do some catch up tonight.

Mattson
09-03-2004, 02:01 PM
Working on it. IRL busy lately. Will post after my game.

Grimlock
09-03-2004, 06:17 PM
I'm going to let LM and Walker catch up a little more before having the fayth answer Lana's prayers. There will be some time that needs to pass (like when Yuna prayed for her first Aeon), and we can use that delay for the others in the SL to get to Bevelle. ;)

That's fine with me.

k dogg 777777
09-04-2004, 03:33 PM
out of nowhere

I just downloaded the Theme of FF8 "eyes on me" by Faye Wong ( Julia in the game )

ahh that song ALWAYS brings a tear to my eye...

Jason Sanborn
09-04-2004, 06:09 PM
I have the full soundtracks to FF7, FF8, FF9, FFX, and FFX-2 downloaded on my computer. 8)

Malak
09-05-2004, 02:41 AM
Given I am the first poor soul to enter combat, how shall we do this? Follow the game method and the PCs can take several hits or do we do it more realistically and evade and grazes?

And you do know I'm trying very hard to not kill these guys. I don't need a double murder rap hanging over my head when I enter town.

Random Character
09-05-2004, 03:53 AM
Well the descript of Al Bhed fashion reminded me of one great antihero so, I decided to use his image for Jeldun's.

Greene_Luke
09-05-2004, 04:51 AM
All i can say to Walker (Captian Ahab), is i hope you find your pease with sin (Moby-Dick)

Greene_Luke
09-05-2004, 04:54 AM
i am sorry i have fallen so far behind, i will try and catch up, i might even get a charactor made soon *:pale: *if things dont go haywire again...

k dogg 777777
09-05-2004, 11:22 AM
I have the full soundtracks to FF7, FF8, FF9, FFX, and FFX-2 downloaded on my computer. 8)

ahh! no fair!

KyleLitke
09-05-2004, 11:28 AM

I've got FF6's, the best soundtrack in my opinion. ;)

Jason Sanborn
09-05-2004, 02:19 PM
Given I am the first poor soul to enter combat, how shall we do this? Follow the game method and the PCs can take several hits or do we do it more realistically and evade and grazes?

And you do know I'm trying very hard to not kill these guys. I don't need a double murder rap hanging over my head when I enter town.
I was considering doing combat the way we normally do. These two crusaders are not very skilled, so they'll be easy to subdue. Just a couple of young hot-heads. With these two, you don't have to worry about being hit (except maybe a scrape or two).

Jason Sanborn
09-05-2004, 02:20 PM
[quote="Jason Sanborn":3gx4jcii]I have the full soundtracks to FF7, FF8, FF9, FFX, and FFX-2 downloaded on my computer. 8)

ahh! no fair![/quote:3gx4jcii]
I downloaded them from Eyes on Final Fantasy (http://www.eyesonff.com/). :mrgreen:

Jason Sanborn
09-05-2004, 02:20 PM

I've got FF6's, the best soundtrack in my opinion. ;)
I would have downloaded FF6 as well, but they didn't have it on their site. :whaat:

Jason Sanborn
09-05-2004, 02:21 PM
i am sorry i have fallen so far behind, i will try and catch up, i might even get a charactor made soon *:pale: *if things dont go haywire again...
No worries, Luke! 8)

Jason Sanborn
09-05-2004, 02:22 PM
Well the descript of Al Bhed fashion reminded me of one great antihero so, I decided to use his image for Jeldun's.
That avatar definately looks Al Bhed. Cool! :D

Grimlock
09-05-2004, 02:40 PM
The song I like from the FF series is a "1000 words" from FFX-2.

k dogg 777777
09-05-2004, 04:36 PM
thanks for the link jas!

I like the FF8 soundtrack better. It's just so cool. ( go faye wong! )

Walker
09-06-2004, 07:17 AM
All i can say to Walker (Captian Ahab), is i hope you find your pease with sin (Moby-Dick)

You know that never came to mind when I made this character, but it fits pretty well.

Jason Sanborn
09-08-2004, 11:17 AM
About the Aeons:

Normally, certain aeons are more powerful than others. In our SL, one aeon will not inherantly be more powerful than another. They have the same strengths and weaknesses, but they are not necessarily more powerful. So, even though Bahamut is the aeon that Lana will get first, it isn't going to necessarily be more powerful than, say, Valefor.

Grimlock
09-08-2004, 11:50 AM
Good idea. Also when Lana summons an Aeon she will have to think about who would have the greatest advantage in battle. Even though Bahamount is powerful, he won't always work the best in every battle.

Greene_Luke
09-10-2004, 03:59 PM
This paticular format does not sute me, i cant get into charactor so i guess i am out.... *Sorry i tried several times to get into a charactor..... *i work in streaks, feding off from interactions to draw into charctor, this is to sparatic for me. *Again i appologise

Grimlock
09-10-2004, 06:04 PM
It's ok Greene Luke.

k dogg 777777
09-10-2004, 06:22 PM
yeah.

Operation stalk.. commence..

not creepy stalk, just go around with them..

Jason Sanborn
09-15-2004, 08:22 AM
For the Aeons that can be summoned.

Valefor - Besaid
Ifrit - Killika
Ixion - Djose
Shiva - Macalania
Bahamut - Bevelle
Yojimbo - Calm Lands

Let me know where you which destination you want to go towards next, and I will form the SL around your travel. ;)

Grimlock
09-15-2004, 11:17 AM
Well since Macalania is near Bevelle, I think we should go there next.

Lana is waiting to see what Elle and Salin's reaction it to Zedd's offer before she says much more.

Random Character
09-18-2004, 12:47 AM
Now here is the question, will you need to travel by boat at all to reach Macalania from Bavelle? If not, I'll have to figure something out.

Jason Sanborn
09-20-2004, 09:09 AM
No, it will not be by boat. Bevelle is right near the entrance to the Macalania Forest. Maybe someone in the group could be sidetracked back to the docks. Maybe Zedd could have left something aboard the ship he came in on? Just a thought.

Walker
09-22-2004, 11:22 AM
Sounds okay with me. I make a post about it right now.

Jason Sanborn
11-09-2004, 04:13 PM
Wondering who is remaining in the RP. So far it seems like only Grimlock, Kevin and I have been posting.

Random Character
11-09-2004, 04:16 PM
I'm still around. Just waiting for a good moment to join in. And if you want, I can kick Walker in the head. I know he's been busy at work which is where he posts from so he's not been around much.

Jason Sanborn
11-09-2004, 04:18 PM
That would be good. If he's busy, that's fine, we can drag him along. :whaat:

Random Character
11-09-2004, 04:21 PM
He's on vacation and playing Halo 2. I don't expect to hear from him except via phone until Sunday.

Jason Sanborn
11-09-2004, 04:23 PM
You sure Walker isn't a clone for Q? ;)

(j/k) :whaat:

Minity
11-09-2004, 07:39 PM
i have been posting, but it moves so slow, that i forget about it :whaat:

k dogg 777777
11-09-2004, 07:42 PM
:1: K :1:

Jason Sanborn
02-02-2005, 08:31 AM
Just checking to see who's still around in this RP, if we're keeping it moving, or if we're putting it on hold. Since I just handle scenarios and NPC's, I don't need to put it on hold on my end, unless that's what others want.

Minity
02-02-2005, 09:15 AM

well I think we lost Klitke, and...I dunno

k dogg 777777
02-03-2005, 07:42 PM
I'm still here, but again, I won 't be posting frequently