PDA

View Full Version : [OOC] Idea that would affect entire CG Universe

Jason Sanborn
12-14-2006, 08:13 AM
I just watched the mini-series on Sci-Fi "The Lost Room" and my mind has been racing with ideas. In particular, it could easily tie into the ideas that Q had with the Future SL. In addition, it could completely reshape the flow of past/present/future events for the CG Universe, based on other's feedback.

First, the main tie in for this idea is the Future SL, and Q's recent ideas regarding it. Originally it was mentioned that Armont had possibly captured Khronas, which is why events weren't changing in the future SL with the changes in the past. What if it wasn't Armont and Khronas that was the problem? What if it was Armont and Saja.

Saja had considerable power at one point, just prior to the release of the talismans. She had gained power from a First as well as having the combined power of all the talismans. One of Saja's abilities has always been the draining of power from a First. Even though she no longer has the talismans, or the powers of the First that created them, there were still residual traces of that power. In addition, she was recently driven insane as she tried to steal power from QC1. An event that partly backfired on her (thanks to the clone's dumb-luck abilities). After that happened, she found a world (Caliga) and claimed it as her own. While events were moving forward in the rest of the universe (primarily the Cha'i and Virus threats), she remained on her world in her insanity, re-discovering the dormant powers form the talismans that lie within her. This was further achieved when the virus hit Caliga. Since Saja isn't a First, she isn't even a physical being, the virus affected her in a different way. It gave her additional insights and allowed her to further tap into the power buried deep inside her.

The power, though, was only a faint echo of the power contained in the talismans, but it was trace amounts of power from each of the talismans. Using that power, she begins to tamper with the flow of time, which would attract the attention of Khronas. Khronas is not a First, so Saja wouldn't directly be able to drain his powers. Instead, using her own natural powers, combined with the residual powers of the talismans, adding a little "dumb luck" into the mix, she would be able to somehow trick Khronas and cause a temporal paradox centered around Caliga. This paradox would somehow have been caused by Khronas, as Saja wouldn't have the power to do that. The paradox would also destroy him, in a matter of speaking. This is all leading up to my main point and my main idea.

Khronas's Paradox would have many different effects on all RP within the CrossGen Universe.

1) The timeline would be completely messed up. This means that anyone who wants to rewrite their character's history could do so with ease. It may help resolve closed plot holes as a result of missing players, or dead-end storylines that didn't turn out as desired. Or, your characters/worlds could be completely uneffected. Another benefit is that a change could affect your character, and not another, thus creating conflicting histories, as both would remember events differently. For example, Jas could wind up with different parents, and M could still think that Jas is is son. In addition, any character that might be a child before the paradox is formed could be an adult afterwards. As I mentioned, because it is a paradox, anything can happen that you want to happen, or you can leave your characters unchanged.

2) The tie in with ideas I had from watching "The Lost Room." Several objects become scattered across the universe. These objects appear to be ordinary objects for whatever world that they are on. For example, it could be a watch in a modern day world, or a dagger in a fantasy world. It doesn't really matter what they are, or how many there are. These objects were created at the exact moment of the paradox, and are in some way tied to Caliga and the paradox. They all have some small power, each one different. Individually, the power wouldn't be that great, but combined with other objects, the powers can increase. These objects are completely indestructible, except on Caliga. On Caliga they are normal objects, without power, and able to be destroyed.

3) Caliga and Saja are the center of the paradox. Saja herself would be considered an "Object." She would be the only "living" object. That means that she would only be able to be destroyed on Caliga. Of course her power is such that destroying her would still not be a simple task.

4) Now for the Future SL tie in: The paradox will happen if I get agreement on this long idea. I will RP it out in the Caliga thread, to get a sense of how things happen. When the actual paradox happens ICly, I will let everyone know in the OOC Threads, so they can choose (or not choose) the effects that happen upon their characters. That will also be when the objects will appear. At that point, Saja will begin to learn what had happened, and will begin to understand her role in it. Now those who came back from the future won't know about the creation of the paradox, as they were more focused on other events they believed to have been responsible for the alternate future. This is why things weren't changing. In addition, the Atlanteans (and other seers) wouldn't see the paradox coming as it isn't a known future, it is a paradox (if that makes any sense at all). Therefore, the paradox happens almost silently, and the origin would remain unknown. Unknown, that is, until the truth is discovered in the Future SL.

At some point prior to the Nightmare Invasion, Armont would have discovered the existence of the Objects, and began to gather them for his quest. He was able to get a few, which aided him in starting the invasion, and then began secretly gathering up as many as he could. He has even managed to bring Saja into his twisted nightmare, not as a prisoner, but as an accomplice. Armont is able to use the powers she has as a living Object, combined with other Objects that he has gathered, in order to manipulate time, and prevent the past from being changed. So, in order to manage to effect change of the Future SL, Adam will first have to get Saja back to Caliga and destroy or otherwise incapacitate her. With Armont separated from Saja, he won't be able to prevent the past from being changed. Then Adam would have to go back to the past and find the one item that would allow Armont to breach into the Bright Universe. Once the object is safe (or destroyed on Caliga) then the Invasion would be prevented from happening, and the Future SL would go away, sort of.

5) Any character that would like to be brought from the Future SL to the present would have an easy path to do so at the conclusion of the Future SL. The Paradox. Since the Paradox is never stopped, the Objects will still exist. All any character would need would be one Object. When the Future is reset, any character with an object will be forced to Caliga, the center of the Paradox. From there, they can go to whatever SL awaits them next.

6) Future SL idea: With the Alternate Future Stopped, those who know about the Objects could spread the word. Maybe the word that is spread is that they need to be destroyed. Maybe some will start a quest trying to find any Objects to bring them to Caliga to be destroyed. Or maybe they want to gain power, so they are gathering them for themselves. Or maybe they want to fully fix the damage, and think by collecting all the objects, they can "fix" Khronas and keep the Paradox from happening to begin with. The ideas are endless. One thing I do know is that Saja, while destroyed in the future, won't be destroyed in the present. I also know the Object quest would be a huge SL that would run in the background as an open-ended quest for whoever wants to jump in or out at any time.

The Objects themselves won't have much of a part in the Forum initially. We'll need to create a thread to keep track of the Objects, what they are, and what they can do. Any player can create an Object, just keep in mind that the power of the individual Object must be small and, in many cases, useless. The real power would come as Objects are used together. After the conclusion of the Future SL, and the truth behind the Objects are revealed.

Meteoro
12-14-2006, 08:54 AM
Definitely it's a lot of information to assimilate, but I do like the general idea. The Paradox concept, even if I don't fully understand it yet (I will have to re-read your post a couple of times), sounds neat and gives us the chance to finally give some sense of closure to a lot of stuff and then, move forward.

It would be our little "Crisis on the CrossGen Universe."

And yup, a little house cleaning could be done for those wanting to do some. For once, the Family Bush could be streamlined a lot. For instance, I would like to get rid of the extra baggage and just keep what's available. For example, Meteoro's only sons and daughters could be those around: Tigers and Jas (in case both want to keep it that way), and the 8 others, well, they never existed. And pleeeeeeease (and this is a personal plea), not everyone needs to be related. It is really painful trying to track everyone down and see what's everyone relations. It ends up being incestuous at best.

I've rebooted Meteoro a thousand times, so, this wouldn't be a first. My changes would be minor, though.

Qwaring
12-14-2006, 10:26 AM
Great idea, Jas. It would help us explain or fix some current paradoxes and unresolved situatons that we may have. Plus it presents a lot of ideas to work with in further SL's.

And more importatnly QC#1 was mentioned once or twice. And that's always a good thing. ;)

I'll have to give how this may effect my characters and stories some thought.

Tigers
12-14-2006, 02:12 PM
Tigs has no intention of changing that part of her First Life, she likes her family. ;)

Anyhou!! I've discussed this with Mil a bit, but I figured I better mention it here as well. I plan on merging part of the Antilles SL with what is currently happening in Elysia and the Bright Universe. The events that are about to unfold will bring Alexis back "home," for various reasons. :smirk:

Basically, to make this short, Alexis is about to under go a transformation. She will be posing a threat to Elysia shortly. I've already had a few conversations with Mil and Sil about some ideas and welcome any other participation. Hopefully, this will play out with what Jas has in mind. I'm all for choas! :roll: :lol:

Meteoro
12-14-2006, 02:28 PM
:shock:

Alexis is becoming bad, bad, baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad!!!!

Her father is just so proud. :cry:

Tigers
12-14-2006, 02:34 PM
:lol:

Why does that not surprise me! ;)

Jason Sanborn
12-14-2006, 03:24 PM
My idea, by its very nature, is complementary with any other idea that comes up. It is one of the nice things about paradoxes. :lol:

Here are the fundemental reasons for my idea:

1) Give players an option to easily make changes to their characters' histories, if they choose.

2) Get characters "unstuck" as a result of players who disappeared.

3) To work with Q's ideas for the Future SL.

4) To allow characters from the Future SL to come "back" to the present when the Future SL is completed.

5) To create new "Objects" that would create the basis for additional side-plots and stories, and an additional underlying forum-wide plot.

kulit
12-15-2006, 09:15 AM
I may actually have something for this. There was something I was planning for either Keilynn or Kulit. If I choose to do it with Keilynn, it would be easier I think, but then I really should do something with Kulit since I really haven't been doing anything about her for years. lol

Meteoro
12-15-2006, 09:18 AM
I see it already, as a result of this Paradox on Infinite CrossGen, we get Kulit ending up as the twin sister of Little M. :mrgreen:

Jason Sanborn
12-15-2006, 09:21 AM
:rofl:

kulit
12-15-2006, 09:31 AM
I see it already, as a result of this Paradox on Infinite CrossGen, we get Kulit ending up as the twin sister of Little M. :mrgreen:

:| :| :|

:rofl:!!!

But on the other hand... Little M has never met Likot I think... http://eteamz.com/sites/kulit/images/6.gif http://eteamz.com/sites/kulit/images/8.gif

[edit]
D'oh. I should stop posting at the boards and LJ at the same time. I keep copying the wrong smiley codes. :p

Meteoro
12-15-2006, 09:38 AM
Now that I think about it, no, Little M and Likot have never met. :shock:

And this is the reluctant me not wanting to reactivate all of his characters :?. Just take a look at my album and I brought the avatars of everyone that wasn't a second tier character. :P

kulit
12-15-2006, 10:04 AM
Now that I think about it, no, Little M and Likot have never met. :shock:

Mwahahahahaha!!! http://eteamz.com/sites/kulit/images/devil.gif

Anyway, about the SL!

I've decided that what I was planning will indeed go Keilynn, but this will be a secret for now. o:)

I just remembered that I had this small story for Kulit before, but I had to put it on the backburner because all of the characters that had a direct interaction with Kulit back then went poof. :lol:

See, the "Sacred Tree" is actually an actual living tree that Res planted in Planet M ages ago. It was then called the Tree of Life. If you remember your First stories, when a First dies, his/her First energies sort of "goes back" to the world (I forgot the term... anyway). I was gonna have it that part of those First energy goes back to the Sacred Tree and when a Secundae is born, a First energy is taken from the Tree and is infused to the newborn.

The thing is, Kulit is not only a goddess and a supposedly keeper of that tree. It is actually her tree of life, in the literal sense. Meaning that whenever a First dies and energy is stored back into the tree, she gets more powerful. When a First/Secundae is born, and energy is taken from the tree, she gets weaker.

Dammit. I lose my train of thought and now I forgot how I was going to incorporate this to Jas' idea. :lol: :redface:

Meteoro
12-15-2006, 10:08 AM
Sounds pretty neat. :thumleft: So, the Tree of Life is actually your Sacred Tree. I guess you could give a little nudge to Res to get involved with this, now that he's around, considering his character planted the tree and all :twisted:. Oh, I'm just such a tempter :mrgreen:

Jason Sanborn
12-15-2006, 10:13 AM
I like that idea. I look forward to seeing your tie-in idea, when you remember it. ;)

Meteoro
12-15-2006, 10:18 AM

Dragons
12-15-2006, 05:13 PM
We like the idea but our characters won't be taking part in it. Mostly because we are happy with how the SF and OP's story turned out and other characters we created to go with that story. We both feel that went full circle and have no desire to re-write it or anything. SF and OP died because we literally had no more ideas for them.

Raine and Cole are our main characters but we are happy with how their story is going too. So no need to re-write that. ;)

Although we are curious about the objects. How would one get one? Because we might tie Raine and Cole into that. Maybe have the dragons give them an object they found.

Honor's Angel
12-15-2006, 06:19 PM
Although I wouldn't use the paradox on Honor's Angel (I'm pretty happy with how her story is turning out), I might use it on Kara though. I created the clone and yet haven't used her because K Dogg left.

Qwaring
12-15-2006, 10:14 PM
Dammit. I lose my train of thought and now I forgot how I was going to incorporate this to Jas' idea. :lol: :redface:

I just remembered that I had this small story for Kulit before, but I had to put it on the backburner because all of the characters that had a direct interaction with Kulit back then went poof. :lol:
According to the second quote you couldn't use the tree of life idea because Kulit was stuck with inactive characters. With Jas' paradox idea Kulit could become unstuck and you could start working on the tree of life idea.

And the Sacred Tree is a cool idea. Qwaring lives in the Twillight castle, where the Sacred Tree is planted. I'm sure he'll be happy to know that the tree in his front yard is the source of Elysian life. It might make him think twice about cutting it down to put a birdbath there. ;)

Meteoro
12-16-2006, 05:56 AM
Thankfully, the Tree of Life is decorated with Christmas garnments during this time of the year. :mrgreen:

Jason Sanborn
12-16-2006, 10:09 AM
Well, the Paradox hasn't happened yet. I thought it might be better to wait until the conclusion of the Virus Threat SL, due to the direct effect the Virus has towards the creation of the Paradox. :whaat:

Mortin Steel
12-19-2006, 01:31 AM
How did I miss this.....
I might try this but not with Jacen or EJ there pretty good.

and M,My characters are only related to Meteoro through other people.
also with the Family Bush directly on site you wont have to search endlessly for Meteoro's Relatives.

........ I wonder what would happen if Mortin or Pax forgot the other? :eh:

Meteoro
12-19-2006, 06:53 AM
As far as I'm concerned, Meteoro was created in Bard's lab (I'm seriously getting rid of the "using samples from every God" thing). There's been three women in his life: Jasmin, Silent Angel and Brynhild. And he's had only three kids: Jas, Tigers/Alexis and Scion. Anything else will be declared void. Which means basically no blood relation with no one else :D.

kulit
12-19-2006, 07:28 AM
LOL Good for you, M. :D

According to the second quote you couldn't use the tree of life idea because Kulit was stuck with inactive characters. With Jas' paradox idea Kulit could become unstuck and you could start working on the tree of life idea.

Heee. It's absolute scary that you understood my thoughts better than I did. :P

Aside from being stuck with characters I can't interact with anymore, I remembered that I need the paradox to fix a little timeline error. If the Tree is as linked to Kulit as I'm trying to present, it's a little inconsistent because Rescue planted the Tree when Kulit was already an adult!

I may have to get Res' feedback on this, but won't bully him into joining back at the CG SLs since he's just starting to get his feet wet again. I wouldn't want to scare him off. ;)

And the Sacred Tree is a cool idea. Qwaring lives in the Twillight castle, where the Sacred Tree is planted. I'm sure he'll be happy to know that the tree in his front yard is the source of Elysian life. It might make him think twice about cutting it down to put a birdbath there. ;)

Maybe this is the wrong time to mention that you just discovered Kulit's major weakness? :| :scared:

Qwaring
12-19-2006, 09:40 AM
The tree was transported to Planet M, as a present for the newborn Quin (page 34 of the old, old, old Planet M thread). So the tree was already around before that, just located someplace else. It could have been near the orphanage, growing there since Kulit was living there at the time as the caretaker. Rescue could have seen the tree, liked it so much that he thought it would be a good gift and transported it without knowing it's true nature and its ties to Kulit.

Maybe this is the wrong time to mention that you just discovered Kulit's major weakness? :| :scared:
Birdbaths? ;)

Maybe Planet M itself likes the tree and its energy there and will use its power to protect it. A planet sized bodyguard.

Meteoro
12-19-2006, 09:47 AM
Awwwww... Planet M is such a nice baby sitter :)

Qwaring
12-19-2006, 09:51 AM
Or it could have been siphoning off life energy and using it to create the clones, elves and other inhabitants of the planet. So it'll protect the tree since it likes the taste of life.

Just a random idea.

Meteoro
12-19-2006, 09:58 AM
It actually works :shock:. Remember that Planet M was a sterile world back in the day. Then, life sprung, and ever since, new creatures and new species roam the lands...

I think I really like this explanation. Planet M has been using the Tree of Life to do just that to its landscape. This would also mean that it wouldn't let go of it too easily :twisted:

Qwaring
12-19-2006, 10:16 AM
Well, it's Kulit's tree of life so it's up to her if Planet M could be tapping into a little of its power. But I would think the planet wouldn't be using a whole lot of power. The life energies of a First is vast compaired to that of a mortal, so a large chunk of a village's population could be made from a single First's life energy.

Meteoro
12-19-2006, 10:22 AM
That's true. The Firsts can create life as they please. But the planet doesn't have such abilities. Of course, Kulit can take the tree wherever she wants, but ICly, the Planet should struggle, because this is the only way it could create life on its own. Finally, we could have a little explanation on the reasons behind the spontaneous life that has spun at several places of the planet. I guess it is creating its own ecosystem to keep things balanced.

I think I do like this approach quite a bit.

And if the tree is taken away from the Planet, it would certainly struggle and that could be the focus of an interesting plot line.

kulit
12-19-2006, 10:35 AM
That's actually a very very good idea, Q and M. :|

(And Q, thanks, I forgot that part!)

I'm all for planet M tapping into the Tree's power all along! Vewy intwesting indeed. As for the taking away part, well... that will come prolly at the peak of this Paradox SL... http://eteamz.com/sites/kulit/images/8.gif

Meteoro
12-19-2006, 11:08 AM
Hmmmmm... Real nice :twisted:

Too bad I couldn't picture what your last emoticon was. I guess that was the clue to it all :mrgreen:

EDIT: Now I see it. Looks like you have Sinister intentions. :shock:

Mortin Steel
12-19-2006, 03:25 PM
As far as I'm concerned, Meteoro was created in Bard's lab (I'm seriously getting rid of the "using samples from every God" thing). There's been three women in his life: Jasmin, Silent Angel and Brynhild. And he's had only three kids: Jas, Tigers/Alexis and Scion. Anything else will be declared void. Which means basically no blood relation with no one else :D.
so your saying Meteoro had a relation of some kind with his sister?(Silent Angel)

also during the night I had a weird idea to go with the Paradox.......
so crazy it might actually work........

it involves one of M's inactive but much loved characters and one of mine,but I need to remember the full idea before talking to M about it.

Meteoro
12-19-2006, 03:31 PM
[quote="Meteoro\";p=\"12082":17kua3pp]As far as I'm concerned, Meteoro was created in Bard's lab (I'm seriously getting rid of the "using samples from every God" thing).
so your saying Meteoro had a relation of some kind with his sister?(Silent Angel)[/quote:17kua3pp]

No way Silent Angel is Meteoro's sister :shock:. She's Bard's daughter, while Meteoro was CREATED in Bard's lab. There's a difference ;). Besides, Meteoro and Silent Angel were never in a relationship. Meteoro was inlove with her and possibly obsessed about her, but they never got anything going. Well, unless you count the time he kidnapped her, but that would be just Stocholm Syndrome :whaat:.

also during the night I had a weird idea to go with the Paradox.......

it involves one of M's inactive but much loved characters and one of mine,but I need to remember the full idea before talking to M about it.

Whenever the God of Memory allows you to remember this idea, please let me know ;).

Mortin Steel
12-19-2006, 05:23 PM
[quote="Jacen Bell\";p=\"12167":2a68sdnh][quote="Meteoro\";p=\"12082":2a68sdnh]As far as I'm concerned, Meteoro was created in Bard's lab (I'm seriously getting rid of the "using samples from every God" thing).
so your saying Meteoro had a relation of some kind with his sister?(Silent Angel)[/quote:2a68sdnh]

No way Silent Angel is Meteoro's sister :shock:. She's Bard's daughter, while Meteoro was CREATED in Bard's lab. There's a difference ;). Besides, Meteoro and Silent Angel were never in a relationship. Meteoro was inlove with her and possibly obsessed about her, but they never got anything going. Well, unless you count the time he kidnapped her, but that would be just Stocholm Syndrome :whaat:.[/quote:2a68sdnh]
true,but in some sense/way when Meteoro was "Created" in Bard's lab that made Bard Meteoro's mother of sorts.which then sort of makes Silent Angel and Meteoro family.(which is how I had interpreted it and how I came to have EJ calling Meteoro Uncle)

[quote="Jacen Bell\";p=\"12167":2a68sdnh]also during the night I had a weird idea to go with the Paradox.......

Whenever the God of Memory allows you to remember this idea, please let me know ;).[/quote:2a68sdnh]
goes to pray to god

Meteoro
12-19-2006, 08:10 PM
[quote="Meteoro\";p=\"12168":ly4bajza][quote="Jacen Bell\";p=\"12167":ly4bajza][quote="Meteoro\";p=\"12082":ly4bajza]As far as I'm concerned, Meteoro was created in Bard's lab (I'm seriously getting rid of the "using samples from every God" thing).
so your saying Meteoro had a relation of some kind with his sister?(Silent Angel)[/quote:ly4bajza]

No way Silent Angel is Meteoro's sister :shock:. She's Bard's daughter, while Meteoro was CREATED in Bard's lab. There's a difference ;). Besides, Meteoro and Silent Angel were never in a relationship. Meteoro was inlove with her and possibly obsessed about her, but they never got anything going. Well, unless you count the time he kidnapped her, but that would be just Stocholm Syndrome :whaat:.[/quote:ly4bajza]
true,but in some sense/way when Meteoro was "Created" in Bard's lab that made Bard Meteoro's mother of sorts.which then sort of makes Silent Angel and Meteoro family.(which is how I had interpreted it and how I came to have EJ calling Meteoro Uncle)[/quote:ly4bajza]

Nonononono, get rid of that notion. There's no blood relation between Silent Angel and Meteoro, and Bard definitely isn't Meteoro's mother. Not even in the nurturing way. So no relation in here. I'll try to make it very simple for Meteoro because the entire genialogic thing really gives me a headache.

Mortin Steel
12-19-2006, 08:25 PM
sounds cool,when you have every thing worked out let me know and I'll update the Family Bush thread.

..........Goes to see if it needs updating

Meteoro
12-19-2006, 08:46 PM
Oh, Meteoro used to say Ozzy and The Rev were his parents. Well, I would get rid of that, too. I would go by "unknown Gods playing in Bard's Laboratory, which resulted in Meteoro's birth." Of course, this hasn't yet happened, so the Bush doesn't need updating yet ;).

Mortin Steel
12-19-2006, 09:11 PM
...... well,I had you under Bard and Negator but I removed you from their branch like 5 minutes ago.(I going back over and fixing errors and cleaning it up a bit)I can add you back there for now if you like?

or for now you could just say Bard is Meteoros creator/parent and use the Paradox to totally revamp Meteoro like you planed but it's just a thought.

Meteoro
12-19-2006, 09:33 PM
Actually, Bard wasn't really Meteoro's creator. She wasn't around when Meteoro was born. If you like, the lab was the womb and those messing with will be unknown Gods from now on.

Still, this will be a result of the Paradox. It's not current continuity yet.

Mortin Steel
12-19-2006, 10:06 PM
ya,lol Bard's labs been used for a few things.from creating the God of Meteors to saving Meteoro's adopted granddaughter.

:hypnotized:
man,after this I may not want to see a NBSP for awhile.

Qwaring's clone#1
12-19-2006, 10:11 PM
**The clone enters the thread and uses his "out of continuity" powers to change Meteoro's history. Now Feabie, the Keep Dragons, and several Disne-stralia blue clones dressed as the kids from the Brady Bunch were responsible for the accident that created Meteoro.**

Let's see how traumatic that childhood will be! ;D

Jason Sanborn
12-19-2006, 10:16 PM

If that were the case then Jas is DEFINATELY going to change his parentage with the paradox. :P ;)

Qwaring's clone#1
12-19-2006, 10:23 PM
**Changes things so that it's a timetravelling Jas that accidentally creates Meteoro, which makes Jas his own grandfather.**

Jason Sanborn
12-19-2006, 10:29 PM
:shock: :shock:

Many, many years ago, when I was twenty-three,

I was married to a widow who was pretty as can be
this widow had a grown-up daughter who had hair of red.
my father fell in love with her, and soon they too were wed.

This made my dad my son-in-law and really changed my life,
now my daughter was my mother, cause she was my father's wife.
to complicate the matter, even though it brought me joy,
I soon became the father of a bouncing baby boy.

My little baby then became a brother-in-law to Dad,
and so became my uncle, though it made me very sad.
for if he was my uncle, then that also made him brother
of the widow's grown-up daughter, who, of course,
was my stepmother.

Father's wife then had a son who kept him on the run,
and he became my grandchild, for he was my daughter's son.
my wife is now my mother's mother, and it makes me blue,
because, although she is my wife, she's my grandmother, too.

Now if my wife is my grandmother, then I'm her grandchild,
and every time I think of it, it nearly drives me wild,
cause now I have become the strangest case you ever saw
as husband of my grandmother, I am my own grandpa!

Oh, I'm my own grandpa.
I'm my own grandpa.
it sounds funny I know but it really is so,
oh, I'm my own grandpa

I'm my own grandpa
I'm my own grandpa...
it sounds funny I know
but it really is so
oh, I'm my own grandpa......

Qwaring's clone#1
12-19-2006, 10:39 PM
Exactly. 8)

The family bush has been bent before, but I'm going to see if I can break it. :sinister:

Mortin Steel
12-19-2006, 10:46 PM

you mean like OP being his own ancestor and descendant?

oh and well I was fixing thing in the Bush,

M you said you severing almost every one,what about those who are related through direct blood line due to Meteoro and an intimate encounter?
the ones I'm asking about are Meteoro's children with Foxy.
Atilla2k,Robes171,Stevens14,TJfox

Mattson
12-20-2006, 01:24 AM
Jacen, they are gone. Chances are they will be written out after the paradox goes through. Don't worry about it. It will make you go crosseyed.

As for the idea, I like it. Though I doubt much change will happen to the MC over all. Sorry, but Neo's disappearance really defined LM a lot. And thats not something I want to remove. However, this does give me a great way to lead into some plans of my own. If you want some clues, think of Kevin Smith's GA relaunch.

I may use it for more later on but nothing until I know if my posting time/energy will increase.

Meteoro
12-20-2006, 07:01 AM
:rofl: I guess Jas' post sums it all and reflects exactly how I feel about the current family genealogy thing. That's why I'm cutting off most of the ties. It has grown too complicated for me to handle and it becomes absurd at times when I realize my character is the grand father or the uncle or the brother of this other character.

And Mattson is right, most of Meteoro's 10 (or is it 11) sons and daughters are long gone. And if they ever return, they wouldn't even remember what their characters were up and would rather start fresh.

I think OP was Meteoro's long long long descendant (that is if memory doesn't fail), I can deal with that ;).

And I agree with Mattson, too, that keeping Neo Avatar as his father is a good idea. This character left a strong mark in our myths and I wouldn't like to see it go. Besides, I'm playing a reincarnated version of him just to make things interesting. If for any chance, the real Neo Avatar made his return, I have already planned a way out for this Neo Avatarati I've been playing, so no worries on that. I'm not stealing his spot, basically keeping his legacy alive ;).

And, well, blue clones, Feabie and the Dragon's Keep creating Meteoro... :shock: I really don't think so :P.

Optimus Prime
12-20-2006, 07:35 AM
you mean like OP being his own ancestor and descendant?

Yeah but I really never brought that up much IC. Other than establishing parents for OP, I never went much farther into his background. There is no actual proof that one of his own kids is some great, great (add more greats), great grand mother/father of him. All we know is his parents are Jett and Aurora. I never said who their parents were or went farther back than that. Although M is a long ago relative, but I never even said which kid that came from either. All I know it wasn't Quin. Because he was SF's father and that would be too messed up to think about. Although certain posters (aka NoCal :P) liked to go on about that one. ;)

I think OP was Meteoro's long long long descendant (that is if memory doesn't fail), I can deal with that ;)

Yeah but I think we said it was like some great distant relation. After all the future SL was 100,000 years in the future. ;)

Actually since Quin isn't going to be your son after the paradox, then there is no more talk about OP and SF being some distant relation anymore. Yeah I like that one. 8)

And, well, blue clones, Feabie and the Dragon's Keep creating Meteoro... :shock: I really don't think so :P.

Really? Now I think the dragons would like that. They like fire and all. :lol:

Meteoro
12-20-2006, 07:45 AM
Heehee. Well, I actually had forgot Quin was Sojourn Fan's father. Actually, I even forgot about Quin at all :redface:... After all, he was Meteoro and Brynhild's first son...

I think I will have to talk with Tigs before making a decision... Since Quin's side of the family is still around, I think it would make better sense to keep Quin as Meteoro and Brynhild's son.

What we could do is something else. Since OP came from the future and his parents are already established, we could cut his long ties to Meteoro so there's no more blood relation between him and his wife. What do you think, Corey?

Optimus Prime
12-20-2006, 07:51 AM
Quin is going to feel really loved by you for forgetting him. Well if Facade ever gets him over here and she starts posting more herself. ;)

That works for me. We never did much with the whole blood relation thing anyway. OP and his kids are already tied to M due to SF's blood relation through Quin.

Make it less confusing (and less gross) that way.

So haha people after the paradox you can no longer say OP was some how blood related to his wife. :mrgreen:

Meteoro
12-20-2006, 07:53 AM
Okay, I guess we have a plan, then :).

Optimus Prime
12-20-2006, 07:56 AM
Yup we do.

Although that is probably the only thing I'll change for OP through the paradox. It's not like that is a major change or anything either.

Sojourn
12-20-2006, 08:10 AM
I was hoping you would keep Quin as your son M. Mostly because I love that scene when young naive SF heard M and Brynhild "create" her daddy during the Anubis battle at Planet M...

Shudders

((Ah my must first real RP, such fun memories))

I'm all for dropping OP's distant connection to M. We really did nothing with it anyway.

Through adoption and blood, SF is still related to almost everyone anyway. I guess I can't win at being at the center of the family bush. But I kind of like it that way. I posted the poor girl having no one and then after meeting her future husband and getting adopted she ended up with a huge family.

Because of Quin she is tied to M's family. Because of LM and Facade she ended up being related to Sil's family.

Oh and I agree with not writing out Neo through the paradox. His disappearance really affected our universe. Not only LM's character but look at what his leaving did for Sil's too.

Meteoro
12-20-2006, 08:16 AM
Yup, you're right. Quin is really important to CG history and he's better be kept. Besides, Facade popped in the other day one never knows ;).

Oh, the memories about the dungeon and the making of Quin! :shock: That was real fun, heehee. :twisted:

Sojourn
12-20-2006, 08:34 AM
Well if Facade sticks around maybe she'll drag him along with her. Plus since he is the first son of M and Bryn, he is pretty important to that story and CG history.

You know it did take a lot of therapy to get over that scene... ;)

Meteoro
12-20-2006, 09:00 AM
Heehee... I remember Nestlé having a ball with it...

By the way, what's he been up to? I think it's time to page him... :twisted:

Qwaring's clone#1
12-20-2006, 10:04 AM
It might be a good idea to start revising some bio's, so we can get the revised relations and stories straightened out and in one location. Although, if people start revising bio's I'd have to revise the index for character bio's. Uhm, no hurry, people. Take your time with those. ;)

And Neo can't be retconned out. Nobody here would want or allow that.

In fact nobodies being erased, we're just cutting our characters free from any ties that may be holding them back or have cluttered up their histories. If people return to these characters then the ties can be mended.

By the way, I'm retconning my early Qwaring posts out of history. Qwaring was not an idiot. And he did not create a zombie out of a dead founder of a chain of fastfood restaurants with voodoo and a bucket of fried chicken.

The clone, well he's always been special and always will be. Plus I think he's immune to retcons and paradoxes. In fact I think his condo is located on the corner of Retcon and Paradox. You know, right next to the WhatTheHeckIsThis Deli. 8)

Jason Sanborn
12-20-2006, 10:10 AM

Speaking of which. The clone is now haunting Saja's hallucinations. :ermm:

Qwaring's clone#1
12-20-2006, 10:15 AM
Yeah, the ladies just can't get me out of their minds. I bet I'm all shirtless and oiled up in Saja's crazy, love-sick brain. 8)

**Flexes orange clone muscles.**

Jason Sanborn
12-20-2006, 10:20 AM
Especially essence stealing First haters. :whaat: :lol:

Meteoro
12-20-2006, 10:27 AM
Where can I order a Pack 3 from WhatTheHeckIsThis Deli?

Jason Sanborn
12-20-2006, 01:56 PM
Khronas's Paradox has just occurred. Caliga and everyone on it have just vanished. The region of space where the Skotos Star System was is now a region of unusual distortions in space/time. In otherwords, not a place anyone would like to visit. ;)

The objects previously have appeared now, but I haven't had a chance to write the "introduction" of the items, which I plan to do through Saja's next post (once I figure out where she'll post). In that post, I'll also determine the way to get to/from Caliga, since it doesn't exist in normal space anymore.

Meteoro
12-20-2006, 03:16 PM
Hmmmm... Sounds pretty cool :) :thumleft:

Now, to make this relevant in other storylines, how about Saja popping briefly in other threads boasting about what just happened? Just an idea ;)

Jason Sanborn
12-20-2006, 03:18 PM
Doesn't quite work for what happened on Caliga. Besides, she wouldn't be one to do that anyways. Even if she is insane. :whaat: ;)

Meteoro
12-20-2006, 03:41 PM
Well, she would be insane to post that much :P

Jason Sanborn
12-20-2006, 03:44 PM
No, that just means I'm insane, and it is rubbing off on my characters. :whaat: ;)

Meteoro
12-20-2006, 03:51 PM

Daveosaurus
12-21-2006, 12:25 AM
In fact nobodies being erased, we're just cutting our characters free from any ties that may be holding them back or have cluttered up their histories. If people return to these characters then the ties can be mended.

Best way of doing things, that... after all, there's been enough newly discovered long-lost relatives in these stories that it's fairly much a tradition... would be an amusing reversal to have long-lost relatives show up who actually are in the old stories.

Which incidentally all reminds me of an idea or two...

scurries away to the private message inbox

Honor's Angel
12-24-2006, 05:29 PM
So is it okay to start posting a character finding an object now?

I'm going to have Kara be the one effected by this. Having one of the objects in her possession and appearing on planet that she never was on before. Last time I used her she was in a fight with K Dogg.

I don't know what planet yet, because I don't want to screw up SLs by having her just appear. ;)

Mattson
12-24-2006, 06:02 PM
HA, given Dave wants to get Merianna going again and I'd like to get Elixia active in the present, what sort of ideas do you have for Kara?

Honor's Angel
12-24-2006, 07:00 PM
Kara's memories are lost. She has no idea what she had done since she had left Earth. Her only memories are those connected to K Dogg.

Originally I was going to work with K and have him be the key to returning those memories. But then he went MIA.

So I was thinking that Kara gets on of the objects and that sends her to another planet. One where she tries on her own to recover her lost memories. She still remembers K Dogg but because of their last fight she decides to be go on her own. Make new friends. Maybe have the object be part of her key to memories.

Mattson
12-24-2006, 07:11 PM
Well, I can't speak for the others but Elixia can always use another friend. She's currently inactive but with the Paradox I can send her anyplace. So why don't we switch to another thread and figure where to go? Heck, since this reminds me of a series Sil's making me watch, maybe we can recruit her help when she returns.

Honor's Angel
12-24-2006, 07:24 PM
Sounds great. :)

I always liked your Elixia character, just couldn't seem to make a character who could post with her though.

Just name the thread and I'll follow.

Mattson
12-25-2006, 01:28 AM
Sorry for the delay in reply. Got called away to drink and play cards with my oldest friend. Moving on to General Discussions.

Honor's Angel
12-25-2006, 04:45 PM
Not a problem. 8)

Minity
01-03-2007, 11:16 AM
So do I need an object for minity to be affected?

btw where is Janus, and Mil?

Jason Sanborn
01-03-2007, 11:47 AM
You don't need an object for Minity to be affected. The objects are a separate outcome of the Paradox. ;)

They were on Aerysh. Might want to check the last posts there to see where they still are.

Minity
01-03-2007, 12:20 PM
thanks hun, and thanks for making this because Minity will definately be affected!- lol

Meteoro
01-03-2007, 12:26 PM
:shock: You get affected too much and I throw Scion the Nun on your face ;).

By the way, she had an entry in the Lost Scrolls thread even if she's dead :whaat:.

Minity
01-03-2007, 12:36 PM
I wont be affected too much dont worry, although I do plan to maybe get abducted...Im still thinking

ugh...that Nun... ::shudders::

Qwaring's clone#1
01-03-2007, 12:38 PM
Mil moved on to follow Ruwach and Janus went to whereever enigmatic charicters go, which I assume is someplace mysterious, like Chuck E. Cheese's. :scared:

Minity
01-03-2007, 12:42 PM
MMM...that gives me a craving for pizza...and now I think I want a new avatar...this one looks too innocent- haha!

Qwaring's clone#1
01-03-2007, 01:05 PM
I'm thinking this paradox is having a different effect on Qwaring than everyone else. While it won't change his history very much it is effecting his present. I've given Qwaring a weakness to time travel, if he ever tries to travel through time his internal energies destabalize and he goes insane (much like the "Future Qwaring" character that I had years ago). And while he isn't being shifted through time I think this paradox will have a similar effect on him. And before you say "Oh no, it's a crazily-insane Qwaring out to destroy us all, yet again!" I'm not going to go that route. Instead Qwaring has decided to fix the problem before it starts. He detected the paradox, although he couldn't track its source or learn a whole lot about it, and has given up most of his power and went to Ardea so what power he still has is suppressed. This is also why he gave away the Planet M power. So Qwaring will just wait out the whole paradox thing without his powers and once he's sure it's safe again he'll reclaim his power.

As for what he did with his power, I'm not exactly sure. I'm half tempted to create a Qwaring's clone#2 to act as a fill-in for Qwaring. I'm sure Qwaring could have worked all of the bugs out of the cloning process by now and would have a not so wacky clone this time.

Meteoro
01-03-2007, 02:35 PM
Qwaring's
Clone
#

:shock:

With Qwaring having working the bugs out this time, I fear he's going to create some kind of Brainiac :shock:.

But good planning anyway ;).

Qwathings
01-03-2007, 02:41 PM
Thanks, M.
I edited a pre-existing picture of Qwaring for the avatar (since I couldn't create a new one without a scanner) and had QC#2 show up on the Rising Sun. I figure since Mil isn't around I'd have this new clone bring the Rising Sun back to the bright universe, so that plot can get moving. Besides, what's the fun of having Kalor dropped onto Mil's lap, half of the joy is in the hunt. ;)

Meteoro
01-03-2007, 02:43 PM
I'm checking that post right now. :)

Qwaring's clone#1
01-03-2007, 03:31 PM
I beleive #2 will think of himself as the perfect clone of Qwaring, since the cloning process has been vastly imporved since the first clone. Then he'll begin to think that he's a perfect duplicate of a god. A perfect version of a god. A perfect god.

And at that point things will start to go bad and Qwaring will relearn why he should never try to clone himself ever again.

Meteoro
01-03-2007, 03:34 PM
I see where you're going. Sounds real neat.

All in all, if this is a perfect clone, he might even think he's way better than the original Qwaring, meaning that he's even better than this god and so, better than any god. Don't you think?

Qwaring's clone#1
01-03-2007, 03:43 PM
Yep, exactly. Then we'll need someone to take down this egotistical clone since Qwaring doesn't have power.

*Points at QC#1*

A clone fight to see who's really the best clone. 8)

Minity
01-03-2007, 03:48 PM
Hey I hope its ok, but I decided Minity should be hit with the energy of the Paradox now so she can jump right into M's new storyline, basically she was scanning the universe like she normally does and it snuck up on her.

Most of her past ties will be disconnected, she wont remember Ihroe, her current incaration will be the only one in existence since technically there has to be another Minity running around since this one came from a different future, so Ive also erased that, and while she is still connected to Jacen (if he still wants to be) and Mattson, she doesnt remember he is her son and she only recalls a vague connection with Mattson, but that one can be easily fixed, however Goldie no longer exists...and about other past events...Ill wait until someone mentions them IC to decide- lol

hope its ok that I went a little early

Qwaring's clone#1
01-03-2007, 03:57 PM
The paradox incedent already happened, so you're just in time.

Minity
01-03-2007, 04:02 PM
sweet, I guess since i just jumped in a feel like Im early...maybe was because I wasnt here for the whole planning process- LOL

Mattson
01-03-2007, 04:26 PM
Janus is around and can appear as needed for however long he's needed. Though he does suggest that he may vanish soon.

On another note, check the Matrix Quadrant. Something interesting is taking shape.

Minity
01-03-2007, 04:33 PM
ohhhhh, will do

Mortin Steel
01-03-2007, 11:26 PM
definitely,I don't think I could see Jacen as the son of anyone but Minity and Lord Mattson.though right now he's more interested in taking over the Bright Universe and Evil Jacen's 'dealing' with issues(and is the complete opposite,he's not a Pyro but he is Ice.)

Meteoro
01-04-2007, 06:47 AM
Yeah, Evil Jacen is cold. :cry: Just ask the Suicide Squad's Werewolf. :cry:

Millennium
01-04-2007, 12:42 PM
So do I need an object for minity to be affected?

btw where is Janus, and Mil?

Where is Mil? Welllll, that's a good question with a complicated answer.

He's everywhere. His real body is at The Saber Vortex, but it's about to undergo a slight transformation. Still, you can talk to any one of his avatars flying around the universe. Just let me know and we can set up a meeting, if you wish. 8)

Baron Banter
01-06-2007, 09:10 PM
Qwaring's clone#2

A shudder goes down the spine of Banter. He then starts sneezing uncontrollably. When he stops...

Ah man... he's done it again.

grumble