PDA

View Full Version : OOC Sin's of the First... ((story line planing OOC))

BigGator5
07-12-2004, 06:50 PM
I'm going to be doing a story line that will involved First First. Not Secundae First.

So, all characters that are First First please post here and I will be contacting you via PMs with my idea.

k dogg 777777
07-12-2004, 06:52 PM
I'm an Ancient god/first

does that count?

BigGator5
07-12-2004, 06:57 PM
I'm an Ancient god/first

does that count?

Would you have been around for the creation of the Rift? If you can answer yes, then you're good.

k dogg 777777
07-12-2004, 07:01 PM
yeah, I was there, but I didn't really read into it

BigGator5
07-12-2004, 07:06 PM
You don't have to, no one has roll-play the creation of the Rift.

k dogg 777777
07-12-2004, 07:15 PM
cool. so am I in?

8) K 8)

BigGator5
07-12-2004, 07:23 PM
Sure! Anyone else?

k dogg 777777
07-12-2004, 09:43 PM
YAY!

The Return Of K dogg.... COMING SOON!!!

Vampyre Lestat
07-13-2004, 06:41 AM
Someone is trying to create a class struggle.

Qwaring's clone#1
07-13-2004, 07:04 AM
It's a good thing I don't have any class then. :cool1:

BigGator5
07-13-2004, 04:13 PM
Someone is trying to create a class struggle.

http://eteamz.com/sites/kulit/images/blink.gif

Your joking, right?

Nestlé
07-13-2004, 04:19 PM
Hmmm... Well Nestl could have been...
Problem is, Nestl's not a true First.
It was all a cover to hide him from the darkness.
He was disguised as a Secondae on Elysia countless years ago.
So, He would've probably been a Secondae back then... So I guess "no," he's not a First First. :dunno:

Vermin
07-13-2004, 04:39 PM
Neither is Meteoro. He was created by other Firsts, so I guess he's a second generation god. :?

8) M 8)

BigGator5
07-13-2004, 05:04 PM
Hmmm... Well Nestl could have been...
Problem is, Nestl's not a true First.
It was all a cover to hide him from the darkness.
He was disguised as a Secondae on Elysia countless years ago.
So, He would've probably been a Secondae back then... So I guess "no," he's not a First First. :dunno:

I think we could work it out to wear we can bring up the fact that you are a true First, if you want. However, thinking about it, I think I should change my question:

Is your character old enough to be around during the time of the creation of the Rift?

Jason Sanborn
07-13-2004, 05:38 PM
Hmmm. Depending on what I have going on at the time, I might consider throwing Jasmin and Isabel into the mix. Jasmin is a First from the time of Altwaal. She was the Dexter Goddess of Law and Justice. Isabel was a good friend of Jasmin's and an oracle of sorts. Isabel is actually a mentor posing as a First.

Meteoro
07-13-2004, 07:17 PM
Now that I think of it, Sadeh had to be there by the time of the Rift, since she was planning the downfall of Altwaal, only other things happened first… She had kept a low profile, that’s why not many remember her (well, that and the fact that I created her early this year :P ).

What is it that you have in mind, Gator? I’d like to play things that have to do with past events tying into the present. Not a big fan of writing past stories, though.

8) M 8)

Nestlé
07-13-2004, 08:37 PM
Okay, now that you rephrased the question:
My characters that would have been alive back then would be:

Nestl
Pyrem
The Oracle
Levi (A mysterious new character of mine)

And a character I'm just going to start with in a week or two... :twisted:

Vampyre Lestat
07-14-2004, 06:11 AM
First First...Second First. Eight First. Lawbringer by blood...Lawbringer by convergence. Sigil Bearer. Ligis Bearer...Bring em all. They all taste the same.

;)

Ursus
07-14-2004, 07:56 AM
How long ago was the Rift formed?

k dogg 777777
07-14-2004, 08:38 AM
I believe it was when Brynhild was still active...... :scratch: .

but I can have my RP history Jumbled

BigGator5
08-07-2004, 02:01 PM
grrrr...

BigGator5
08-10-2004, 06:05 PM
Umm, I hate to bump this, but I was wondering if you guys have read this?

Random Character
08-10-2004, 06:16 PM
Well the view counter indicates some people have. I didn't reply before now because I'm not interested.

BigGator5
08-10-2004, 06:53 PM
Tell me why you're not interested, maybe we coud work something out.

I know we still have to get through Qwaring's and Nestle's SL, but I'm already working with Minity (on ironing out her past ;) ) on this one. Maybe we could also work out a LM vs BG5 fight for this story line? Hell, I wouldn't mind losing to you! Com'on I've always wanted to work out the back-story for the First. This story line has less to do with the past, than the effects of those events has today.

Plus, doesn't anyone want to know what Gator's Ultimate sercret is? ;)

Dagda
08-10-2004, 07:43 PM
You've pitched this SL several times before. First doing the flashback. Its never been one I want to be part of and felt rather excluded from being wanted to be part of. The Calling all First First thread springs to mind. Second, and thank you for bringing this bit back again, you've tried forcing down a past for Minity once before too. Again, not something I find appealing. Honestly, I like her as she is. No ties to other First save those she choses. Third, TIE came off as munchkinly overpowered in the War. The whole of the First get driven back but this guy drops seven Lawbringers. What the heck?OK, death's his domain. Fine but come on. There shouldn't be that much difference. Finally, I have no interest in LM vs. Gator. He's ICly moved beyond caring about Gator's games. Thats why I pulled out of the election. Let someone else juggle the politcs of Elysia. I'm here to have fun. More then once during the War, I wasn't. Granted those moments were corrected. Simply put, I'm burned out and want to relax. This SL doesn't seem like it will provide that.

Minity
08-10-2004, 08:31 PM
You've pitched this SL several times before. First doing the flashback. Its never been one I want to be part of and felt rather excluded from being wanted to be part of. The Calling all First First thread springs to mind. Second, and thank you for bringing this bit back again, you've tried forcing down a past for Minity once before too. Again, not something I find appealing. Honestly, I like her as she is. No ties to other First save those she choses. Third, TIE came off as munchkinly overpowered in the War. The whole of the First get driven back but this guy drops seven Lawbringers. What the heck?OK, death's his domain. Fine but come on. There shouldn't be that much difference. Finally, I have no interest in LM vs. Gator. He's ICly moved beyond caring about Gator's games. Thats why I pulled out of the election. Let someone else juggle the politcs of Elysia. I'm here to have fun. More then once during the War, I wasn't. Granted those moments were corrected. Simply put, I'm burned out and want to relax. This SL doesn't seem like it will provide that.

LM :wub:

and seriously BG...but everytime you create a story with my character in mind...you've really always tried to make it the way you want to...

your being is simply beginning to annoy me :whaat:

TheFoxyOne
08-10-2004, 09:00 PM

LM :wub:

and seriously BG...but everytime you create a story with my character in mind...you've really always tried to make it the way you want to...

your being is simply beginning to annoy me :whaat:

http://eteamz.com/sites/kulit/images/blink.gif http://eteamz.com/sites/kulit/images/huh.gifhttp://eteamz.com/sites/kulit/images/newhappy.gif
http://eteamz.com/sites/kulit/images/newrofl.gif

I need to be more involved in RP over here. http://eteamz.com/sites/kulit/images/newlaugh.gif

BigGator5
08-11-2004, 04:08 AM
Third, TIE came off as munchkinly overpowered in the War. The whole of the First get driven back but this guy drops seven Lawbringers. What the heck? OK, death's his domain. Fine but come on. There shouldn't be that much difference.

Yeah, he has a weakness alright. One thing, he is a First. Two, what would be the one thing to combat "Death"? That's where EIT comes in. Both characters would off-set for awhile. However, like in the past, we might all caught up in their war of wills on the universe. But instead of being Two Houses, we will be a united First to combat both.

That's the whole point of the Story Line. Finding out what we can do together.

The whole point to that thread was to fingure out who here was alive back in the day when this all happen. Sorry!

Sorry... I'm just trying to get the ball rolling on an idea and thought you might be interested. My bad. You could could have just said, "No thank you."

Man, I just trying to be a part of this commuity here. If you guys don't want me playing a part, just let me know now and I'll pack my bags.

Mattson
08-11-2004, 04:43 AM
You asked my reasons. It was not my intention to offend but to simply state my lack of interest from what I had seen. I am not tactful many times but I am honest and you did ask for the reasons.

Meteoro
08-11-2004, 07:26 AM
You don't need to pack, Gator, just listen to people around. If they're upset, there is a reason behind it. I know it is kinda harsh to listen things one doesn't want to hear, but there might be some wisdom behind those words.

About this storyline, you've brought it in several times and there hasn't been serious interest in it. Not every storyline is a winner. Some of my storylines have failed to catch interest, too. Don't take it personal.

As for belonging to this RP community, you do belong! Which is not the same as saying that sometimes things won't go the way you like it.

An idea, if you like, is to leave the driver's seat for a while. Jump into someone else's storyline. I think that would be soothing things.

Chris

Minity
08-11-2004, 09:29 AM
An idea, if you like, is to leave the driver's seat for a while. Jump into someone else's storyline. I think that would be soothing things.

Chris

I agree with this...every idea you have, doesnt have to be an SL...it can be small, and worked out only between a few people

Jason Sanborn
08-11-2004, 11:07 AM
I offered to possibly bring in Isabel and Jasmin into this, but have been waiting to see if others were interested. Not everyone is interested in every SL, unfortunately. :whaat:

Like others mentioned, though, there are other SLs you can join as well. Just because this SL may not be well received, doesn't mean that you can't participate in other SLs. ;)

BigGator5
08-11-2004, 04:31 PM
I understand, and I'm sorry. I kinda got upset at Minity's comments, maybe I shouldn't have.

Vampyre Lestat
08-11-2004, 07:34 PM
Here is my issue with the story.

You are creating a backstory for the First irregardless of the fact that many or some of us may not want that to be the definitive history of the first.

Its like the Charon thing. You kill Charon irregardless of what we may have planned for Charon within our own stories.

I wish we could focus on our character's futures without trying to recreate history. Now this may not impact your decision on going forward, but keep in mind that some of the things you might see as cannon might be ignored by other posters for the sake of other stories.

BigGator5
08-11-2004, 08:25 PM
Its like the Charon thing. You kill Charon irregardless of what we may have planned for Charon within our own stories.

It took me from Apr 13 to Jul 03 to complete that Story Line. "My name is Python, remember this as you die!" - Python to Charon. was in Python's signture even before that. I went very slow to begin with, so that if anyone had questions or objections, should have made it known.

No one said anything, no one cared, so I went forward.

Vampyre Lestat
08-11-2004, 09:22 PM
1) For the record, I didn't read the thread because I was not part of the story. It is difficult to comment on major occurances such as the death of Charon when one is not involved in that thread. It is kinda why the Major announcement threads were created.

2) Python's signature notwithstanding, a quote such as that does not mean that a character is dead. It is merely a threat. Characters threaten other characters, both pc and npc every day..but that does not mean that the death will occur.

3) In addition, Charon is a major NPC. I think is unfair for any one character or player to kill him without securing the consent of the entire board. Not just those involved in the particular story.

4) With regard to saying something. Well, I'm saying something now. Why, because I just learned of it recently. And because I was not aware of it before should not mean that my thoughts and feelings are too late or unimportant. This is about creating a community..not an imposition.

5) For the record, I plan on having either Lestat or VMPR have a conversation with Charon. It will take place in the present..and it won't be with his Ghost. Other than having him alive, I don't plan on making any changes to his character.

Jason Sanborn
08-11-2004, 09:27 PM
One other comment about Charon. Since he is a major NPC, we cannot have him killed off without consensus from everyone. We discussed this in one of the other OOC threads and have come up with this solutions.

1) Python killed an aspect of Charon, fully believing that it was Charon that was destroyed.

2) Charon is not destroyed, and still alive and well, and still trapped in the Negation Universe.

BigGator5
08-11-2004, 10:20 PM
Or Python thought he killed him. I don't know, this really isn't based off reality anyway people!

Shuya
08-12-2004, 05:54 AM
When talking about Charon's "death" on Wyldearth, Ayrn and I have simply treated it as an unconfirmed rumour. We can find no trace of Charon. Maybe he is dead, maybe he is alive, we do not know and nothing is proven.

Maybe we should all take this stance?? :eh:

Meteoro
08-12-2004, 07:22 AM
I think the rumor of Charon's death could work nicely for his character. He will still be an NPC, but maybe he would be working more in the shadows from now on.

What do you think about Charon using to his advantage the fact that people thinks he's dead?

8) M 8)

Jason Sanborn
08-12-2004, 09:02 AM
I think that works as well. 8)