PDA

View Full Version : IC Terra: Terran's World

Jason Sanborn
08-09-2004, 02:28 PM
Name: Terra

Surface Conditions: Earth-like world with two moons.

Ruler/Owner/Governing Bodies: Terran rules this world. There are a number of nations ruled by local governors that all answer to Terran.

Primary Inhabitants: Humans live in large cities, towns and villages all across Terra.

Tech Level: Equivalent to today. No space travel. No weapons of mass destruction (nuclear, biological, etc.)

Places of Interest:
Terran's Palace and Terran's Peak - Terran lives in a large palace at the base of an active volcano, Terran's Peak. It is a large marble structure that has stood for thousands of years, unharmed by the frequent lava flows from the volcano.

Unique Planetary Conditions:

Brief History:
Terra was once known as Omega XIII. It was a human colony of refugees from a dying world. The techonogical level was high, the people had advanced sciences. Soon after the colony was established, Terran came to the world. He was looking for a world far away from Elysia so that he could guard a helm.

After he arrived, he immediately set himself up as ruler of the world. The citizens rebelled against his rule, and attacked him. He destroyed the rebels and their technology, setting them back to the equivanet of the middle ages.

Over the years, the technological level of the people began to increase, but it was always under Terran's watchful eye. He would not allow them to develop their technology back to the level it was before. The technological level is now at the equivalent of late 20th century, early 21st century, without the space program, which Terran prohibits.

Battles and wars have been commonplace on Terra for as long as Terran had ruled over it. He often would manipulate events on the planet to allow battles to happen. Weapons were always a technology that he approved of, except for the weapons of mass destruction, as that took some of the edge off the battles.

Jason Sanborn
08-09-2004, 09:56 PM
The largest and most violent volcano on Terra is Terran's Peak. It was so named because Terran, the ruler of Terra, made his palace at the base of the volcano. It is further stated that the reason for the volcano's name is because the volcano is as violent as Terran's temper, although no one would ever mention that to Terran.

Terran's Palace is a large marble fortress built directly into the side of the volcano. The fortress is protected by numerous enchantments that protect it, not only from the constant earthquakes, eruptions, lava flow, and ash, but also from unwanted visitors. None would be able to teleport into our out of the palace without Terran's permission. The front of the palace, which is outside the volcano, has a river of lava which surrounds it. The only way to pass is when Terran opens the gate and lowers the marble bridge. Even more protection is an ancient red dragon, Ember, that has been with Terran long before he conquered and ruled Terra.

One would probably wonder why Terran had so much protection around his palace. He was the only god amongst mortals. No other First had ever come to Terra, as he made sure that this world was far enough away from Elysia to escape the attention of the First. This was all for the protection of the Helmet of Xyrillus, an item that he was forced to protect. An artifact that was tied so closely to his own life that were he to lose it, or even use it for his own gain, he could potentially lose his own life. His life was something he was not eager to lose, so for thousands of years, he protected the Helmet.

Terran kept the Helmet in a treasure room in the far back of his castle, deep within the volcanic mountain. In addition to his many safeguards around the palace, he also had several more protecting the treasure chamber. There is absolutely no way that anyone could teleport into the treasure room, or even within several hundred feet of the room. The walls in the area are thick, with lava running through the center, so any attempt to break the walls, if successful, would bring in lava direct from the mountain. In addition, he had numerous sentries as guards. Powerful robots designed to be able to combat anyone, including any First that may try to enter.

The Helmet was safe and secure, as far as Terran was concerned. None knew of its existence, and if any did, they didn't know of its location. As a result, Terran was relaxed about the Helmet being discovered or taken. Should anyone try, though, the God of Battle would be ready to stop them, by any means necessary.

Xyrillus
08-10-2004, 10:21 AM
Much like an incessant alarm, a voice came to Terran from beyond...

~Is it yet untouched, Terran?~

Jason Sanborn
08-10-2004, 10:25 AM
Terran had just sat down for lunch when he received Xyrillus's telepathic message. Having no telepathic abilities of his own, he relied on the telepathic link others create with him to communicate.

~Your timing, as usual, leaves much to be desired, Xyrillus. The answer is always the same. The helmet is safe. It was safe last month, and it will be safe next month, as well.~

Xyrillus
08-10-2004, 10:32 AM
~You presume much, Terran. My sleep of late has been of unrest concerning the Helmet. To the point of questioning whether to take it as bothersome nightmares or of things to come.~

Jason Sanborn
08-10-2004, 10:35 AM
~And you worry too much. You were there when Isabel put the helmet into my care. You heard the warnings she gave about my life. Do you really think I am going to let the helmet out of my protection and care?~

Xyrillus
08-10-2004, 10:48 AM
~I may worry but I have reason, wouldn't you say? We do not have control over all of our lives, Terran. Somethings can be taken away from us whether we wish it or not and no matter how hard we guard it.~

Jason Sanborn
08-10-2004, 10:51 AM
~How many centuries has it been since the war? How long has it been since the helmet was given into my care? And who else besides you, Isabel and I even know where the helmet is? No, I do not fear that the helmet will be taken.

If, by some strange twist of fate, someone does find out where the helmet is, they would still have to get past all my safeguards. On top of that, they would have to get past me and Ember. No one gets past the God of Battle.~

Xyrillus
08-10-2004, 10:57 AM
~Not even me? How soon we forget ourselves.~

Jason Sanborn
08-10-2004, 10:59 AM
~That was a long time ago, Xyrillus. And you had your helmet giving you the advantage. Now the playing field is as it should be, and I will always have the upper hand.~

Xyrillus
08-10-2004, 11:11 AM
~So you believe. But I wonder, if reality would not meet your assumptions, hmm? After all that has happened, you are still boastful and that can always be used against you. How many times have I told you this?~

Jason Sanborn
08-10-2004, 11:13 AM
~Only every time we have spoken. And you contact me, what, at least once a month? I haven't seen anyone come to use it against me yet. Oh that's right, it's because no one else knows I'm here.~

Xyrillus
08-10-2004, 11:21 AM
~Very well then, Terran. You've made your point. I will leave you be for another moon. You do still remember how to contact me, do you?~

Jason Sanborn
08-10-2004, 11:22 AM
~How could I forget, you tell me everytime, as I'm sure you'll tell me again.~

Xyrillus
08-10-2004, 11:48 AM
~I continue to repeat it because it is the one trait you lack: Humility. But I will not bore you with a lecture since it still hasn't taken root after all this time. Just remeber that I am always a word away.~

Xyrillus' voice faded away towards the end which terminated the telepathic link.

Jason Sanborn
08-10-2004, 02:32 PM
Bah!

Terran said aloud just as a human servant entered the dining hall.

Is something wrong, my Lord? Is the food not to your satisfaction?

The servant grew concerned. The new cook was a personal recommendation. If the new cook failed, then he knew Terran would kill not only the cook, but him as well.

The food is fine. Just bring me some more wine!

Of course, Lord Terran.

The servant bowed and made a hasty retreat to carry out Terran's request. He knew better than to keep Terran waiting. At the same time, Terran tore into the roasted fowl, desiring to finish his lunch that had been growing cold as a result of his "interruption."

Jason Sanborn
08-10-2004, 02:54 PM
http://forumcorp.com/jsanborn/images/avatars/gallery/Comics-CrossGen/capricia.jpg

A moment after the servant left the dining hall, a beautiful raven-haired woman entered the room. She sat down in the chair opposite from Terran.

You're just starting your lunch? Is the new cook slow to prepare meals?

Jason Sanborn
08-10-2004, 02:56 PM
Xyrillus contacted me again. I swear that guy is too worried about the helmet. He drives me crazy.

Jason Sanborn
08-10-2004, 03:00 PM
http://forumcorp.com/jsanborn/images/avatars/gallery/Comics-CrossGen/capricia.jpg

Why don't you just block him out? Or simply tell him off?

Jason Sanborn
08-10-2004, 03:00 PM
A lot of good either would do. I am bound to him as much as I am bound to the helmet. No, I will have to listen to his whining, whether I like it or not.

Jason Sanborn
08-10-2004, 03:02 PM

I could always eat him.

Ember said with a mischievious grin.

Jason Sanborn
08-10-2004, 03:05 PM
Terran laughed.

No, as much as I'd love to be rid of him, I'd have to decline on that offer. I will need him if that helmet ever does get taken from my possession.

But you didn't come here to talk about Xyrillus or the helmet. What news do you bring? Has our little problem been solved?

Jason Sanborn
08-10-2004, 03:07 PM

Ember nodded.

It was only too easy. I discovered the rebels were hiding in the city of Elingder. I eliminated the rebels and those protecting them.

Jason Sanborn
08-10-2004, 03:08 PM
Terran smiled.

Good. And the casualties?

Jason Sanborn
08-10-2004, 03:09 PM

Elingder was a population of about 30,000. If they were lucky, less than 300 remain. The rest perished in the fires.

Jason Sanborn
08-10-2004, 03:10 PM
Terran nodded.

Acceptible losses. The people need to learn not to rise up against us, or they will continue to suffer from these kinds of losses.

Jason Sanborn
08-10-2004, 03:13 PM

Ember shrugged.

They'll learn or they'll die. Most of the people understand this. There are only a few foolish ones.

Ember stood up.

Now, I must return to my cave. My gold is calling me, and my body is feeling it. If you need me, you know how to reach me.

Jason Sanborn
08-10-2004, 03:18 PM
Of course. Get your rest. We shall speak again later.

Terran watched as Ember walked out of the room. She had been by his side for as long as he could remember. Every time he was with her, when she appeared human, he wanted her in his bed as well, but every time she refused. She would never give a reason, but still she remained very loyal to him. Even though she refused his advances, he still valued her as a friend and ally. She was the only one he could trust implicitly.

The servant came in with the wine just as Ember was leaving. Quickly he poured the drink and exited the room. Terran ignored the servant and finished his meal. There were battles to begin, and battles to fight, he couldn't waste all day in the dining hall.

Jason Sanborn
09-07-2004, 11:18 AM
Narthan appeared outside Terran's Palace. He knew that time was growing short, and the helmet must be protected. He knew his appearance outside the palace would gain the appropriate attention, so he waited.

Jason Sanborn
09-07-2004, 11:22 AM
Ember was asleep upon her gold when she felt the arrival of a visitor the palace. She hated being awoken, and generally those that awaken her wind up becoming a light snack for her.

Ember rose from the treasure and walked out of her cave. Spreading her windgs, she flew down towards the palace entrance, to see who would dare come to Terran's palace. She was surprised to see a simple old man.

What do you want, Old Man?

She asked as she landed on the ground.

Jason Sanborn
09-07-2004, 11:23 AM
I have come seeking an audience with Terran, Guardian of the Helm.

Jason Sanborn
09-07-2004, 11:26 AM
Ember narrowed her eyes. Steam could be seen rising from her nostrils. No one else was supposed to know about the helmet.

No one gains admittance to see Terran!

Ember said. She followed thatdwith a stream of fire from her mouth, intending to incinerate the foolish old man. That would solve the problem with someone else knowing about the helmet.

Jason Sanborn
09-07-2004, 11:28 AM
Narthan stood calmly in the center of the cone of fire. When Ember had finished, Narthan stood in the same spot, unharmed.

I did not come here to play games, Ember. I came here to speak to Terran about the helmet and a threat that will be here soon. Either you let me go in and speak to him, or you send him out here. I don't care which way it has to be done.

Jason Sanborn
09-07-2004, 11:31 AM
Ember wasn't much surprised that her fire didn't work. Obviously this old man wasn't a mortal. Probably a First or a Secundae. But even First can be eaten.

I will not be dictated to.

Ember quickly lowered her head and opened her mouth intending to eat the old man.

Jason Sanborn
09-07-2004, 11:34 AM
Narthan raised his staff and Ember stopped, frozen in place.

If you try that when the real enemy comes knocking, you will die. Not everything that looks good ot eat can be eaten. Remember this when VMPR arrives, as his mere presense can destroy you where you stand.

Narthan struck Ember's snout with his staff. It was a light blow, but it knocked Ember hard into the marble palace wall.

Now, go get Terran and bring him out here, or let me in. I will not ask again.

Jason Sanborn
09-07-2004, 11:38 AM
Ember felt the paralysis lift the moment she crashed into the palace wall. She had the distinct impression that the old man was actually holding back.

Fine, but it will be your funeral, old man!

Ember flew to the palace. Once inside the protective barrier, she landed and shifted to her human form and went to find Terran.

Jason Sanborn
09-07-2004, 02:52 PM
http://www.cbreview.com/forums/images/avatars/gallery/Comics-CrossGen/capricia.jpg

Ember walked confidently into Terran's war room. Terran was busy watching a war being waged over 2,000 miles away. An assassination of a princess started a war between two neighboring countries, and Terran was enjoying every, moment of the battle.

Terran, an old man wishes to speak to you. He claims that there is a threat against the helmet.

Jason Sanborn
09-07-2004, 02:54 PM
Terran muttered under his breath, angered at the disturbance.

And why didn't you dispose of the problem?

Jason Sanborn
09-07-2004, 02:58 PM
http://www.cbreview.com/forums/images/avatars/gallery/Comics-CrossGen/capricia.jpg

I had intended to, but the old man was more powerful than I had expected. He was quite insistant on speaking with you.

Jason Sanborn
09-07-2004, 03:02 PM
Terran's eyes flared Sinister Red.

Very well then, I shall go and dispose of this problem.

Terran disappeared in a bright flash and smoke. He appeared outside the palace near Narthan, in the same type of flash in smoke.

You had better explain yourself, old man. What do you know of the helmet?

Jason Sanborn
09-07-2004, 03:04 PM
Narthan gave a sly grin.

You are always the showman, aren't you Terran. I know much that you don't know, and I came here to give you fair warning.

Jason Sanborn
09-07-2004, 03:05 PM
Warning of what? You are the first unknown person to come here asking about the helm ever. And you won't be leaving her to share that information, either.

Jason Sanborn
09-07-2004, 03:07 PM
I will come and go as I please, Terran. The warning is this. A being known as VMPR will be coming soon. He is a master of death and destruction. He will come for the helm, and he will take it. Prepare yourself and guard the helmet well. If VMPR manages to steal the helmet, the First will suffer greatly.

Jason Sanborn
09-07-2004, 03:08 PM
The helmet is safe and will not be taken from my care. I am also a dealer of death and destruction. I will take care of this Vimper if and when he comes.

Jason Sanborn
09-07-2004, 03:11 PM
Narthan eyed Terran closely. He could easily see the arrogance and the pride in Terran's spirit.

Very well, Terran. You have been warned. Guard the helmet well. I know we shall meet again.

In a flash of orange light, Narthan vanished.

Jason Sanborn
09-07-2004, 03:13 PM
Foolish old man.

Terran muttered as Narthan disappeared. Terran knew that the helmet was safe. None would get to it, not now, not ever. Terran disappeared in a flash of light and smoke, returning to his war room, so that he might continue watching the war unfold, being completely unconcerned about the safety of the helmet.

Vampyre Lestat
09-08-2004, 04:55 PM
Lawbringer VMPR

http://www.upuauat.com/images/Lestat/vmpravatar.jpg

The word triggered a thought. Which opened a gateway within his mind. This gateway formed a path that pulled at the lawbringer as if he were being guided by the hands of Charon himself.

He landed in the midst of a battling army which paused upon his decent. Armed and ready to attack they looked upon this mutual foe with a collective murmer. The rage of war was already in their spirit and they had reached a collective mental state where the significance of the target was utterly meaningless. Those nearest the creature of pitch attacked finding their weapons, as well as their various appendages, dissipate into dark energy which was absorbed by the malevolent creature.

He took in a deep breath and allowed the greenish black energy to escape his lungs and coat the remainder of the battlefield.

He had made his presence known.

Within the center of the now quiet battlefield he sat and waited.

Jason Sanborn
09-08-2004, 11:22 PM
Terran was furious. The battle was going so well, and then this being had to come and ruin it! Killed everyone involved. Where was the fun and the sport in that? Terran teleported into Ember's cave, where she slept on her mount of gold.

We have a newcomer. He completely destroyed everyone at the Battle of Neighhill! We must go find out who he is and destroy him.

Jason Sanborn
09-08-2004, 11:25 PM
Ember lifted her head and opened her eyes slowly. If it were anyone else waking her from her sleep, they would be burnt or eaten. But since it was Terran, she simply gave him a sleepy glare.

You know, I was trying to sleep here.

Jason Sanborn
09-08-2004, 11:27 PM
I know you were trying to sleep. And I was trying to enjoy a war! Now wake up and lets go and greet the fool who would dare stop a battle on my world!

Terran's eyes glowed red in anger.

Jason Sanborn
09-08-2004, 11:29 PM
A low grumble of disatisfaction could be heard deep in Ember's throat. Reluctantly, she rose to her feet and stretched out her wings. After stretching, she spoke again.

Okay, let's go get this over with so I can come back to bed.

Ember allowed Terran to climb onto her back. Once he was on, she took to the air and flew towards the area where the battle had been waging, to where VMPR had landed.

Vampyre Lestat
09-13-2004, 06:36 AM
Lawbringer VMPR

VMPR rose and looked upon the first and his pet dragon. He chuckled to himself for a moment then took on a stern gaze as he locked eyes with Terran.

"So are you the noble first who lives an existence of guardianship only to fail? How I pity you."

He looked at the dragon and back to the guardian.

"Give me the Helm and live. Resist me and die. Its that simple."

Jason Sanborn
09-13-2004, 12:24 PM
Terran, still atop Ember in the air, looked at VMPR, his eyes glowing red with anger.

I don't know who you are, but you will regret coming here looking for something you cannot have!

Terran pulled the energy rifle from his back and fired it at VMPR. The beam of concentrated Universal Energies fired unerringly towards its target. Against a First, the rifle could be very deadly as its wounds are not easily healed and often drain the First of some of their powers for a few seconds.

((I don't know how this will affect VMPR, but it probably won't have much of an effect except the normal wounding effects, since VMPR doesn't draw from the UE in the same method as the First.))

Vampyre Lestat
09-13-2004, 01:31 PM
Lawbringer VMPR

"Toys playing with Toys" VMPR said as he rose up from the crevasse that formed when his body was sent flying from the blast. A singular hole resided in his chest forcing VMPR to fall again to his knees. He touched the ground and allowed the entropic energies to destroy the surface of the ground in his immediate area. Its lifelessness fed into his own form causing the wound to close.

"My turn" He said as he sent an entropic blast directly at the War God and his beloved steed.

Jason Sanborn
09-14-2004, 08:30 AM
Ember saw the blast coming and tried to twist out of the way. The blast still clipped her wing and sent her and Terran falling towards the ground below. Knowing instinctively what to do, she shifted into her human form and grabbed hold of Terran tightly.

Jason Sanborn
09-14-2004, 08:35 AM
The ground was coming too quickly, but Terran was not worried. Ember had her wings clipped before, so they knew exactly how to respond to the situation. Once she had shifted into human form, Terran teleported them both. They reappeared at a slight angle towards the ground a slight distance behind VMPR, so they could turn the speed of their fall into a tumble, easy to recover from.

Terran quickly went to one knee and brought the weapon into firing position again before VMPR knew where they had appeared. Terran fired the weapon toward VMPRs back with an accuracy that only the God of Battle could manage.

Jason Sanborn
09-14-2004, 08:40 AM

Ember quickly regained her feet and took up a position behind Terran. There was something that concerned her about this being they were fighting. The warning given by the old man. The pain she felt was intense, and she wondered if this was the VMPR that they were warned of.

Vampyre Lestat
09-14-2004, 07:38 PM
Lawbringer VMPR

As the beam of energy is fired upon him VMPR forces his form to turn into pure entropy which destroys the energy beam down to its core. The energetic form shifts rapidly and faces the war god. Entropy fires from VMPR's hands destroying the ground below Terran and his companion.

"How frustrating it must be to be you. I would hate myself if I spent my entire existence protecting something only to lose it to the first superior being that arrived. But then again, you Firsts don't stand a chance against the likes of me."

((Figured Id try it again. ;) ))

Jason Sanborn
09-15-2004, 09:14 AM
((Figured you would. ;)))

The ground was destroyed beneath Terran and Ember's feet, creating a large crater in the earth. Neither had time to react to this unexpected development. They hit the jagged rocks below. Terran grunted in pain and muttered so that only Ember could hear. As he spoke, he began to heal his body so he could continue the attack.

Who is this guy?

I think he is the VMPR that the old man warned us about.

Well, whomever he is. He will not get the helm.

Protect the medallion, Terran, and you won't have to worry.

It won't leave my neck.

Ember nodded and both Ember and Terran stood to their feet and prepared for VMPR's next assault.

Vampyre Lestat
09-15-2004, 10:59 AM
Lawbringer VMPR

What the ears could not hear..the mind can detect.

"Yes, I am the one known as VMPR. * A lawbringer like no other." *He knelt over the crater and looked at his fallen foes. *"I will have the helm but this medallion is rather intriguing. * Tell me more."

Like a waterfall entropy filled the crater ready to capsize and destroy all within its purview.

"And tell me quickly."

Jason Sanborn
09-15-2004, 12:33 PM
Terran glared at VMPR, his eyes glowing Sinister Red. He had no idea how he had heard them, but would never answer his question. The medallion was the only thing that kept the Helm secure, whoever had the medallion could reach the Helm safely.

I will tell you nothing, VMPR. The helm will always remain safe.

Terran grabbed Ember and teleported out of the crater before the entropic energies could reach them. They appeared on the opposite side of the crater. At the same moment, Terran fired another blast from his energy rifle at VMPR. Ember followed with a spell of levitation, allowing the two to levitate slightly into the air, should VMPR attempt to destroy the ground again.

Vampyre Lestat
09-15-2004, 12:47 PM
Lawbringer VMPR

VMPR took to the air avoiding the blast and proceeded to maintain the same distance as he circled the two opponents in the air.

"Do you Firsts always project exactly when and where you are going to attack? Everytime I fight one of you beings your eyes give you away."

He flew up and over them forcing a rain of energy to descend.

"Its almost as if you want to lose."

Jason Sanborn
09-15-2004, 01:01 PM
I am the God of Battle. I will not lose!

Terran stated as Ember cast a shielding spell to protect them from the energies. The entropic energies, though, easily tore through the shield spell. Terran cursed feeling the burning, quickly, he grabbed hold of Ember again and teleported them away from the falling energies.

They appeared a distance from the crater and VMPR. Terran began to heal the burns on his arms.

This being has more power than I imagined. He shrugs off the power of my energy rifle, and his energies tear through your magic. There has to be a way to stop him. I will not allow him to gain the helmet.

If the old man was to be believed, we don't stand much of a chance. Of course, I will fight by your side as always.

We stand a chance, as long as I still hold the medallion. Without it, he'll never get to the helm.

But his interest in your medallion is already piqued, there is no way he won't stop from taking it.

He'll have to get through us first.

His wounds healed, he laid his hands on Ember to heal her wounds. He knew that VMPR would probably be arriving shortly, and he wanted both of them to be in top condition for the next round.

Vampyre Lestat
09-15-2004, 01:31 PM
Lawbringer VMPR

VMPR laughed as the pieces fell into place.

His form dissipated allowing only his voice to carry on the air.

"You may be the God of Battle..."

VMPR's energetic form manifested behind Terran.

"But the battle has to end..and thats where Death comes in."

He reached for Terran's neck hoping to squeeze the life from his sinister form. In doing so he scanned Terran's body for the object that sounded off within their minds like a beacon.

Jason Sanborn
09-15-2004, 02:30 PM
Terran felt the icy fingers reach around his throat and begin to strangle him. This was not acceptable. Terran's same power to heal could be reversed into a destructive force. As VMPR continued to try to strangle Terran, Terran would use his destructive powers against VMPR to cause wounds to open and vital organs to rupture.

Jason Sanborn
09-15-2004, 02:34 PM

Ember saw Terran become attacked from behind by VMPR. She knew that Terran could escape if he chose, so she determined he must be using their connection to cause wounds to VMPR. Ember felt it would be good to assist. She cast a spell and a magical polearm appeared in her hands, which she attempted to thrust through VMPR's side.

Vampyre Lestat
09-16-2004, 08:54 AM
Lawbringer VMPR

VMPR's skin began to rupture revealing a black and white chaotic energy that poured out of his form. His side was penetrated by a sharp weapon forcing more of the black and white energy to seep from his body.

"Can you both tell me the logic of using destructive energy against a creature that manipulates and is empowered by destructive energy?"

He grabbed the polearm and attempted to have Ember slam into Terran in an attempt to force the energy to cycle through them both.

Jason Sanborn
09-16-2004, 09:00 AM
As VMPR grabbed hold of Ember's pole arm, Terran was freed to spin around, as he spun, Ember collided with him. The effect off-balanced Ember and Terran, but Terran only was for a brief second as he recovered.

Powered by destructive energies? Let's see how you like restorative energies then!

Terran grabbed hold of VMPR's arm and sent healing energies into VMPR hoping it would have the effect that destructive energies had on others.

((The medallion will be visible around Terran's neck at this point.))

Jason Sanborn
09-16-2004, 09:05 AM

Ember hit Terran hard, and she was knocked off balance. She even felt a little feedback from the destructive energies, which caused her to collapse to her knees after striking Terran.

The old man's warning about VMPR rang clearly in her mind. She shook her head trying to recover, and to shake the warning from her mind.

Vampyre Lestat
09-16-2004, 09:11 AM
Lawbringer VMPR

Pain. An exorbitant amount of pain was forced into the form of the Lawbringer forcing his black form to take on a white hue that matched his nemesis. He retracted his grip and fell back recovering from the energy that was forced upon him. Again he touched the ground destroying the life within it allowing the energy to feed his form as he looked up he noticed an interesting trinket around the neck of the war god.

"Touch" he responded as he rose to his feet. "It would seem that you are quite apt in the art of War, but your efforts lack the required subtlety to keep the helm from me."

A tendril of destructive force extended and wrapped around the neck of Terran seeking to eat away at the necklace in which the medallion was being held.

Jason Sanborn
09-16-2004, 09:53 AM
The destructive energies burned away at Terran's neck and destroyed the chain holding the medallion around his neck. The pain was such that Terran didn't even notice the weight of the necklace give way. He concentrated on healing his neck and fell to his knees in pain.

Jason Sanborn
09-16-2004, 09:54 AM

Ember saw the medallion fall away from Terran's neck.

Terran, the medallion!

Ember dove for the medallion and grabbed hold of it before VMPR could claim it. She held it tightly in her closed fist.

Vampyre Lestat
09-22-2004, 12:59 PM
Lawbringer VMPR

Clearly the War god was in pain and recovering. A status that would not last long, but he was prompted at this point to turn his attention to the former dragon. The woman held the medallion in her hand and he knew it was the key to his plot of getting the helm.

Using his energy to propel himself forward the Lawbringer forced himself at Ember. His hands crackled with intensified entropic energy as he reached for her hand.

Jason Sanborn
09-22-2004, 01:10 PM

Ember growled in pain as VMPR's Entropic energies burned and whithered her hand. The helm was too important for her to open her hand, so despite the pain, she kept her hand closed tightly. Her other hand repositioned the polearm for a close range strike. Polearms were not designed for close quarter combat, though, and the attack faled miserably.

Ember pulled back after the attack, hoping that her futile attack off balanced VMPR enough for her to break free. She did break free, but not the way as she had expected. Her hand literally came off at her wrist, leaving the withered and dying hand, with the medallion still clasped inside, in VMPR's hands.

Ember fell backwards onto the ground in shock.

Jason Sanborn
09-22-2004, 01:12 PM
Terran recovered as Ember fell backwards in shock. He knew that VMPR now had the medallion, and needed to prevent him from getting away. His healing powers were about the only thing that was effective against the Lawbringer.

Quickly, Terran dove towards VMPR's hands and tried to grab onto them as VMPR had done to Ember. *He refused to simply give up as long as there was still fight inside him.

Vampyre Lestat
09-28-2004, 08:01 AM
Lawbringer VMPR

The pain penetrated him to his core forcing his body to flash from black to white. He fell backwards clutching the severed hand of Ember and forced the healing energy into it. It began to heal and spasm forcing the medallion to fall into VMPR's own hand. He lept into the air taking flight tossing Ember's hand at Terran.

Taking the Medallion in his hand transfered an image within his mind. The location of the Helm. The residence of the War god. It was on this world and the medallion was the key.

With great speed he raced across the planet seeking the home of the War God. Soon the helm would be his.

Jason Sanborn
09-28-2004, 12:23 PM
This lawbringer was like nothing he'd ever faced before. Terran cursed as VMPR sped off in the direction of his castle. Quickly, Terran picked up the hand and went over to Ember, who was still in shock. He sent his healing energies Hinto her and through the hand, and the hand began to become reattached to Ember's wrist. He didn't have time to fully heal her, only enough to get her hand reattached, to keep it from becoming useless.

Rest. I will protect the helm.

But you'll need my help.

Not this time, Ember.

Terran vanished from sight, leaving Ember alone in the battlefield. He appeared in front of his palace ahead of VMPR, ready to stop the Lawbringer from entering.

Vampyre Lestat
10-01-2004, 12:05 PM
Lawbringer VMPR

A blazing dark figure made a beeline toward the secret castle of the War God and then as it came within view it exploded. The Black smoke thickened and formed a large dome around the War God.

"Just you and me now." VMPR said aloud from the shadows that echoed across the huge dome. "But where am I?" He said from a voice who's origin was behind the God of battle. But then there was a flash at that specific spot and the invisible VMPR moved. "Its hard to fight someone if you don't know where they are." He said from a position right above the War god and then there was another flash from where the voice was speaking.

"For all you know. I'm not even here." The final words echoed throughout the dome. "For all you know. I already have the helm."

Jason Sanborn
10-01-2004, 12:48 PM
As VMPR exploded, Terran looked around. A look of confusion crossed his face, then came VMPR's taunting. Terran closed his eyes and listened. The God of Battle wasn't only an expert with weapons, but also in hand-to-hand combat, including blind fighting. Once he had a probable location for his target he reached forward to grab onto VMPR using his healing abilities. As he swung, he kept his eyes closed and he spoke.

You die now!

Vampyre Lestat
10-01-2004, 01:10 PM
((Not yet. * FYI..The Castle didn't explode...VMPR did))

Jason Sanborn
10-01-2004, 02:26 PM
((Edited Terran's post.))

Vampyre Lestat
10-13-2004, 12:11 PM
As VMPR exploded, Terran looked around. A look of confusion crossed his face, then came VMPR's taunting. Terran closed his eyes and listened. The God of Battle wasn't only an expert with weapons, but also in hand-to-hand combat, including blind fighting. Once he had a probable location for his target he reached forward to grab onto VMPR using his healing abilities. As he swung, he kept his eyes closed and he spoke.

You die now!

Lawbringer VMPR

As the fist hit VMPR's form he was sent backward into the dome he had created.

"Death cannot touch me."

He stood silently for a moment allowing the leather bounds to extend from his body and stretch toward the Warrior god. The Bounds upon making contact would encase the War God and begin to squeeze. Its nature would be to steal his strength and use it to fortify itself.

"But can it touch you?"

Jason Sanborn
10-13-2004, 12:25 PM
As the leather surrounded him and began to constrict, Terran's first reaction was to simply break free. The more he struggled, though, the more weakened he became. This could not be happening. The God of Battle was actually weakening.

Terran teleported out of than leather, and collapsed to the ground, not far away. His strength was nearly spent, and he had no more fight left within him. He would not give up, though, slowly, he tried to stand to his feet, but darkness soon overcame him and he fell into unconsciousness.

Vampyre Lestat
10-13-2004, 01:09 PM
Lawbringer VMPR

VMPR smirked at the fallen War God and found his own behavior annoying as he was displaying the same characteristics as the other. He moved forward toward the base of the volcano which had become quite erratic over the past few moments. As he glided forward he had attached the Medallion to his chest and found himself standing before a river of lava. The Chaotic Lawbringer touched the aforementioned emblem giving him the power over Terran's domain. Upon completion of the gesture the gate had opened and a bridge had descended allowing VMPR to cross effortlessly and enter the domain of the War God.

He could hear the helm calling him as if they were destined to find each other, but he knew that there were several steps that he needed to overcome before he had reached his prize.

Vampyre Lestat
10-14-2004, 09:25 AM
Lawbringer VMPR

To his surprise the domain within the Massive Castle was a technological haven. * He found the hypocrisy of the War God to be typical of these Bright Universe creatures.

From the walls several robotic creations that had an insect-like appearance manifested with their appendages aimed at the Lawbringer. * *With an assault of blaster fire holes ripped into the raven skinned creature yet after the passage of a few seconds the wounds closed revealing no trace of the attack.

He smirked as he looked upon the metallic creatures and found utter irony in the nature of his others abandoned familial ties.

VMPR raised a hand and uttered one word. * "Rust" *

Swift and unrelenting oxidation took place upon the metal forcing the creatures to collapse into powder and then into nothingness allowing VMPR to walk forward.

He touched the symbol on the next door which was marked with the image on the medallion. * The doors opened allowing him to pass freely.

Vampyre Lestat
10-14-2004, 09:13 PM
Lawbringer VMPR

The next room was filled with Mirrors that depicted variations of his own twisted form. * He entered slowly anticipating an attack yet found the images in the mirrors were all watching him. * *He adjusted his hair slightly and found the creatures within the 2 dimensional constructs emerge and grapple him trying to decay his form with the same entropic energy he has used to destroy others.

But the energy fed him. * Made him powerful. * He absorbed these other aspects back into his being and found himself getting stronger. * *With a sudden shout the mirrors shattered, including those on the floor. * *VMPR fell strategically down a set of tubes that led into a dark dungeon. * He moved forward passing through the stone and melting it as he made his way to his prize. * His mind called out to the helm and the helm responded.

They were to be joined soon.

Vampyre Lestat
10-15-2004, 12:31 PM
Lawbringer VMPR

He moved forward intent on reaching his goal. Various incarnations of undead creatures hovered around him. They all met the same inevitable fate. Entropy washed over them rendering them to nothingness. He found the image intoxicating as he would kill the creatures that were the minions of his other.

He was so enraptured by the quest that he forgot his mission. And it was at that specific moment that he realized that he was in the treasure room. Before him stood a pedestal and upon the pedestal was the helm. He took the medallion from his chest and placed it against its mirror image that was carved into the marble. The room grew silent as an aura of light flickered over the helm and then quickly dissipated.

His leather bound hands grabbed the Helm and he lifted it upon his head.

Thoughts images and feelings flooded his form in rapid succession. With great speed he rocketed through the Mansion and out of the War God's residence. He had won..and the destruction of the first would soon follow.

Jason Sanborn
10-28-2004, 09:16 AM
In a flash of orange light, Narthan appeared before the motionless body of Terran. As he had warned, VMPR had coe and claimed the helm. Nothing good could come from this.

Narthan put his hand on Terran's back and sent some healing energies into Terran's body. As Terran began to stir, Narthan pulled back his hand and waited.

Jason Sanborn
10-28-2004, 09:18 AM
Terran groaned as he slowly regained conciousness. The helm, he had to protect the helm. Terran stood to his feet and noticed the old man standing in front of him. Terran's eyes glowed Sinister red.

What are you doing here, Old Man. Whatever it is has to wait, I have to protect the helm.

Jason Sanborn
10-28-2004, 09:19 AM
You are too late, Terran. Lawbringer VMPR has already taken the helm, as you had been warned would happen. Now the helm is not only loose in the universe, but in the hands of someone who seeks the destruction of the First. You have failed.

Jason Sanborn
10-28-2004, 09:21 AM
Terran's face was a look of shock and anger.

No, that cannot be. I am Terran. I do not lose. The helm is safe, none can get to it, and I have to make sure it remains that way.

Jason Sanborn
10-28-2004, 09:22 AM
Your pride and arrogance has led to this outcome, Terran. Had you heeded my warning sooner, this defeat may not have happened. As it is, your fate is tied into that of the helm. You must recover it, or all the First shall fall because of your failure here today. Put aside your pride and do the right thing.

Jason Sanborn
10-28-2004, 09:27 AM
Terran screamed in rage. His destructive powers flowed down through his feet, and the grass, weeds and flowers on the ground in a ten-foot radius of where he stood whithered and died. The oBld man was right, and that was what made him so upset. It was what Xyrillus had warned hi of as well. Now, he had to contact Xyrillus and inform him of the loss of the helm. Terran's eyes still glowed Sinister red when he spoke again to Narthan.

Very well, Old Man, you have made your point. I shall recover the helm and destroy VMPR. He may have won the first battle, but the next battle shall be mine.

Jason Sanborn
10-28-2004, 09:28 AM
Remember, Terran. Keep your pride in check. The fate of the universe is in your hands.

With that, Narthan vanished in a flash of orange light.

Jason Sanborn
10-28-2004, 09:33 AM
Terran was furious. He was mocked and he had lost. The very thought itself was inconceivable, yet it had happened. And now, he had to lower himself even further to contact Xyrillus.

Terran was not telepathic, but Xyrillus needed to be contacted telepathically if the helm was ever stolen. Xyrillus created a minor link between Terran and himself that Terran would be able to activate should the need ever arise. Knowing Terran's pride, Xyrillus chose something that would put Terran's pride in check when he needed to contact him.

Grumbling under his breath at the indignity of the situation, Terran lowered himself to his knees and bowed his head. He had to push aside all his thoughts of anger, revenge and broken pride, and focus on one word. "Humility." He waited for Xyrillus's telepathic reply.

Xyrillus
10-28-2004, 09:42 AM
The voice was clear as it was also concerned.

~I am here Terran. *What has happened for you to contact me?~

Jason Sanborn
10-28-2004, 09:45 AM
Terran gritted his teeth as he answered Xyrillus's question.

~The helm was stolen by a being known as Lawbringer VMPR.~

Xyrillus
10-28-2004, 09:48 AM
A momentary silence occured before he spoke again...

~Please tell me that this is your attempt at "humor". *It is in poor taste.~

Jason Sanborn
10-28-2004, 09:49 AM
It took everything that was within him to hold back his rage at the statement. Even with his temper in check, his words still came across the link in anger.

~Do you think I would humiliate myself in this fashion for a joke? I am here on my knees with my head bowed, and the only word I could use to contact you was "humility!"~

Xyrillus
10-28-2004, 09:55 AM
Another moment of silence stifled him before he continued. *This time his voice was stern...

~A Lawbringer. *Are you aware of it's current whereabouts?~

Jason Sanborn
10-28-2004, 09:57 AM
~If I knew his whereabouts I would be there, ripping his black heart out and feeding it to him!~

Xyrillus
10-28-2004, 10:04 AM
~I severly doubt that or you would have successfully guarded the Helm in the first place!~

There was yet another silence.... then a sigh could be heard...

~Complaining about what has transpired gets us nowhere. *What's done is done. *Now to fix it. *Was there anything in your fight with the Lawbringer that gave you a clue of any kind?~

Jason Sanborn
10-28-2004, 10:07 AM
~Only that he feeds of destructive powers, and is hurt by healing powers. Then there was this Old Man who appeared and told me that the Lawbringer VMPR was seeking the destruction of the First. As much as I hate to say it, we must tell Ingra and Pyrem of this news.~

Xyrillus
10-28-2004, 10:22 AM
~That bit of information will be useful for the hunt, which I assume you will be headlining. *I know your thirst for battle will not let you sit this one out. *And this is no longer Pyrem and Ingra's concern. *Elysia is united now and fall under the leadership of one called Millennium. *It is he who I will tell.~

Jason Sanborn
10-28-2004, 10:28 AM
~Elysia is united once again? Who is this Millennium? And what of Altwaal? He is the one who created the Rift in the first place.~

Had he been out of the loop that long? Just how much had his home changed in the ages that he had been guarding the helm?

~Ember and I will be coming to Elysia soon. I wish to see what has become of the old Sinister Place, if it still exists under this Millennium's rule.~

Xyrillus
10-28-2004, 10:33 AM
~Your primary and only concern should be about the Helm! *Nothing else. *When it is safe again, then you may traverse wherever you feel. *But make no mistake, the Helm MUST be found immediately. *Is this understood?!~

Jason Sanborn
10-28-2004, 10:37 AM
~Oh, I am not making any mistake, and I know my life is tied to that of the helm, which is why I am taking proactive steps towards recovering the helm by starting at House Sinister! Do you expect me to sit around here with my thumb up my rear waiting for you to come get me, while VMPR is out there with the helm, probably starting his own private war against the First?~

Xyrillus
10-28-2004, 10:43 AM
~You don't have to wait for me. *Halo and I are above Terra as we speak. *Meet us and we will be on our way.~

Jason Sanborn
10-28-2004, 10:44 AM
((No worries.))

Xyrillus
10-28-2004, 10:47 AM
((I changed it.))

Jason Sanborn
10-28-2004, 10:49 AM
~Very good. We will be there in a moment.~

Terran stood up from the ground, thankful to be out of that humiliating position. In a flash of red energy, he teleported into Ember's cave, where she was currently resting in her dragon form on top of the gold.

Jason Sanborn
10-28-2004, 10:50 AM
Ember wasn't asleep, she was too concerned about the fate of the helm. When she saw Terran appear in a flash of red light, she looked up at him.

So, did you stop Lawbringer VMPR?

Jason Sanborn
10-28-2004, 10:51 AM
No, VMPR has taken the helm and escaped. Xyrillus and Halo are waiting for us.

Jason Sanborn
10-28-2004, 10:52 AM
Smoke rose from Embers nostrils as she let out a sigh.

Alright, lets go get the helm back. Climb on.

Jason Sanborn
10-28-2004, 10:53 AM
Terran nodded and climbed onto Ember's back.

With you by my side, I know we can stop VMPR this time.

Jason Sanborn
10-28-2004, 10:54 AM
Ember did not reply, she simply took to the sky and flew to where Xyrillus and Halo were waiting.

((I have a meeting. Feel free to move Ember and Terran if necessary.))

Xyrillus
10-28-2004, 11:02 AM
((Cool. *I'll catch up with you later.))

As Terran and Ember made their way to Xyrillus, they would see him riding on top a glowing green dragon by the name of Halo. He snorted at the sight of Ember, remembering the many times they fought against each other on the battlefield alongside their Firsts. Xyrillus was completely covered in body armor, for if someone could best Terran the God of Battle, then he needed to be at his best. It has been a long time since they've seen each other physically and rarely have they ever come to a pass that they would need to fly side by side, yet here they are. Xyrillus nods to Terran as they both turn their dragons around and head off in search of the Helm that was stolen.

Egidion
02-03-2006, 11:22 PM
**Red light (http://www.cbreview.net/forums/viewtopic.php?p=82820#82820) fills the air in front of the main door to the foyer. Egidion appears and spills forth from this inferno of teleporting energy, but forces of fate sends him flying at and crashing through the doors. The eternal Secundae enters amidst a shower of shattered doors and lands on the majestic floor of this grand palace's main entrance. His limp body slides across the marble floor for several meters, leaving a trail of blood in his wake. So much blood from the many cuts that that mark his body in dozens of different ways, the trophies of three seperate sword fights, two with an opponent wielding eight blades and another with a dueler that was as fast as lighting and twice as furious. Even if Egidion managed to block nearly all of his opponents attacks some shallow wounds were unavoidable. If faced with the possability of cut flesh or a sword being run through his chest the godling chose the cut, a decision he faced hundreds of times in his sword fights. But that's not the extent of his injuries. A bag of chainmail bound to Egidion's stone arm contains stolen fate power that constantly seeks to usurp his attempts to teleport back to Elysia. During each attempt to return to the home of the gods the eternal Secundae must battle fate itself. Each time he is diverted to some seemingly random location, that is actually tied to his desitny, and every time his body suffers for the will of the godling that refuses to yield to fate. The bound energy is literally burning the Sinister godling's insides with every teleportation. Much of the blood that spills from Egidion as he remains motionless on the foyer floor is from his mouth, nose, ears and eyes. He has tried to teleport home several times and after each time he has only recieved partial or very minor healing. The quest is taking a heavy toll on the godling. Either he will set foot on Elysia or death will end his journey. No other outcome will be accepted by the son of Terran.**

Jason Sanborn
02-07-2006, 09:23 PM
http://www.cbreview.net/forums/images/avatars/gallery/Comics-CrossGen/capricia.jpgEmber knew immediately of the arrival of the uninvited guest in the main hall. Just how the visitor had enterd the magically protected fortress was enough to raise an alert. None, without the approval of Terran, could simply teleport into the castle.

Of course, this visitor didn't simply teleport in. Fate seemed to drop him literally on their doorstep. Ember walked up to the young secundae who lay battered and beaten upon the floor of the palace.

Egidion. It has been a long time.

The longtime dragon and friend of Terran, standing above Egidion in her human form, gave a sly smile.

You've made it past the magical defenses, a little worse for wear, but alive, it seems. Was your father expecting you?

Egidion
02-09-2006, 08:15 PM
**Sinister red eyes slide open, allowing more blood tears to slip free. Ember's voice echoes through Egidion's aching skull. His stone arm springs to life and begins trying to push the injured godling off of the splinter and blood covered floor. Egidion coughs up a few splatterings of blood before his flesh and bone hand joins the struggle to raise his pained form off of the ground. A weakened voice rattles out passed bloodied lips.**

I was just pasing through. Apparently fate hates me, or wanted to remind me of all of those magical stenches that I hate so much.

**As the eternal Secundae manages to rise and fall into a kneeling position he gives a mocking sniff at the air, followed by a violent coughing fit that forces him to fall formward. As he once again fights to get back up he continues to speak to the metamorphed dragon.**

Yeah, the smell of lava, brimstone and the stink of a useless old man that everyone's happy to forget about.

**After much hard work Egidion is finally able stand up. He's a little unsteady but the godling manages to remain on his feet.**

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'd better leave before I'm reminded of why I avoid this place.
It's been nice seeing you, Ember. If you hang out with a better class of Elysians I might visit you more often.
But, I really must be going.

Jason Sanborn
02-10-2006, 03:56 PM
From the shadows behind Egidion, boomed Terran's voice.

Leaving so soon, Egidion? After all your trouble getting yourself teleported into my palace?

Terran emerged from the shadows, glaring at Egidion.

Look at you, and what your quest for peace has gotten you. Beaten and bloody with nothing to show for it.

Terran scoffed.

At least in battle, the wounds have meaning. But in peace, they're useless.

Egidion
02-10-2006, 04:40 PM
**Egidion's eyes close, his body stiffens. The sound of Terran's voice isn't the most pleasant of things to the eternal Secundae. But gradually the godling's powerful form loosens up. He eyes open and his head turns so he can face the god of battle. Egidion spits out some more blood in the direction of Terran, not at the First, just onto the floor in his direction. He then holds up his stone arm. Melted to the stone and gold surface of the eternal Secundae's arm are many enchanted chains wrapped around his forearm. These partially melted chains are fused to his arm and the bag that they tie to the arm. The bag also shows signs of being partially melted, but with no holes yet, and is made entirely of what was once finely crafted chainmail. The entire package of metal is melted onto the surface of Egidion's stone arm. The godling holds all of this up for Terran to see. This burnt mess of chains and metal is a trophy to be gloated over.**

The weapons of destiny.

**Every five hundred years hundreds of the universes most powerful and skilled warriors are gathered together to compete in a massive battle for the right to claim one of the weapons of destiny. Anyone trying to claim one of the three offered weapons must be found worthy by the power of the weapons or will be slain by that power. This contest has been going on since long before the First. Surely the god of battle would understand the reference. If not Egidion would be happy to recount the history of the weapons during further gloating.**

I competed in the contest. I won, without fighting. I claimed the power of not one, but two of the weapons, without fighting. I escaped Wayland's wrath, without fighting. And here I am, with something no warrior has ever managed to gain. Actually two somethings. And these somethings give my injuries merit. I have fate trapped in a bag, father. And I have yet to throw a single punch.

**Only a wide, champion's grin can truly finish up a speech like that, which is exactly what Egidion has stretched across his face as he utters the last few words. And suddenly all of those previous victories seem to suddenly pale in comparisson to this moment.**

Jason Sanborn
02-14-2006, 01:46 PM
Terran saw the chain armor and listened to Egidion's tale. There was no denying the power of fate that even Terran could feel. The anger and jealousy was apparent of the Sinister God of Battle's face.

Good for you, Egidion.

Ember replied with a laugh, knowing how much that news affected Terran. Terran glared at Ember, his eyes glowing Sinister Red.

Don't you have some gold to be sleeping on?

And miss all this fun?

Terran growled and turned his attention back to his son.

The weapons of destiny huh? Fate must have been on your side then, for there's no way peace could have achieved that normally. All the men I sent ended up dead in Waylaid's contests.

Terran crossed his arms in front of his chest.

Just remember, Egidion, Fate is a fickle mistress.

Yeah, she turned you down flat, how many times?

Terran's head snapped in Ember's direction once again.

GO! NOW!

Fine, whatever. Just don't kill your son while I'm away. He's cute.

Ember turned to walk past Egidion with a sly grin.

Well done, Boy. And don't let your father intimidate you.

Ember walked back deeper into the castle, leaving Terran and Egidion alone in the foyer.

So, what do you plan to do with that prize?

Egidion
02-15-2006, 09:24 AM
**The grin that has set up camp on Egidion's proud features widens further and further as he watches Ember and Terran. The dragon has always been a bright spot in the Secundae's dealings with his father. In fact the godling often thinks she's the only redeeming factor that there is about Terran. Eventually the smile can't hold it back any longer and the eternal Secundae can't help but laugh. He isn't sure which deserves the laughter more, Terran's annoyance or Ember's charm. As the dragon departs Egidion responds to her with a sly smile of his own and a few words to catch up to her on her way out.**

He couldn't possibly intimidate me, he's only a First after all.

**For a moment the eternal Secundae has that feeling that has followed him through the ages. "Only a First", Egidion has spent his entire existance trying to prove himself to be the equal and in some cases superior to the First. He spent an entire rebellion killing and humbling First. Now he has given up fighting so he can focus his power inward instead of outward, to make himself a purer Sinister and superior to all First that claim to be of that red House. Now Egidion looks upon Terran with Sinister red eyes. His smile still holds onto remnants of slyness, his brown is knit together with traces of contempt for this god of battle and that aura of pride just refuses to fade from the godling. The eternal Secundae speaks, trying to dismiss the many questions and comments that Terran has thrown at him.**

Fate did nothing to help me. As always, this victory is mine and mine alone. I was the one that snuck into the many ancient libraries and depositories of forbidden texts in order to research the weapons. I was the one that won the contest. And I was the one that risked my eternity to take this power. Now I'm the one that will use it as I see fit. I don't share my victories with fate, destiny or luck.

**Now Egidion's red eyes look towards the metallic bundle melted and chained to his stone arm. His expression changes on the winds of concentration shifting and blowing thoughts into another direction. This mental weather gives the Secundae's mood a serious and contemplative expression and tone of voice.**

What to do with stolen destiny? I could do almost anything with it.
I suppose I'd probably get you and mom back together so I can finally get that baby brother I've always wanted.

**The eternal Secundae now glances up at his father with red eyes. Eyes that begin to rhythmatically flash with Sinister light, his lips quiver and struggle to hold it back. But it can't be held back. After several endurance testing moments Egidion can't hold back the laughter any more. It bursts out of him hysterically. His laughs echo through these ancient halls as he finds no end of amusement in seeing his parents forced together, knowing that they'd probably chew off whatever limbs were being bound to keep them so close together rather than spending a moment with each other. Plus he knows how Terran will react to the thought of having his fate tied to Sadeh's more than it has already been.**

Jason Sanborn
02-15-2006, 09:25 PM
Terran was furious. His eyes glowed bright red, along with his hands, as his destructive energies built up inside of him. The power seeped into the ground and Egidion would have to take a couple steps back, if he didn't want those destructive energies to cause him more harm than he'd already experienced as a result of fate's hand.

Why you insolent little....

The curses that followed spewed forth out of Terran's mouth. Terran wanted to kill Egidion, but barely managed to hold that murderous side in check. He would not kill his son, not yet anyways.

You think you're better than me, you insolent whelp? You have no idea what you're dealing with! You may have fate in a bag, but you'll never control it. It'll tear you apart and send you scattered across the universe. And no matter what, you'll never be superior to the First. You failed centuries ago, and you'll fail now!

Egidion
02-16-2006, 08:35 AM
**The laughter dies down, but a smug grin remains on Egidion's lips.**

Of course I know I'm better than you. And the rebellion-
I- I made some mistakes there.
But I did prove my superiority. I was a Secundae that could go toe to toe with any First. I was a Secundae that could defeat almost any First.
So, father, imagine what I'll be able to prove when I'm a First.

**The smile fades. Egidion is a divine being now, casting down proclaimations to the masses, truths that will and shall always be. The eternal Secundae holds up his stone arm and the bag that's tied to it.**

This won't detroy me. I'll conquer it and I'll force it to undo my fate. I'll force it to make me a First. If fossils like you still can't see my greatness because I'm the eternal Secundae then I'll kick it down your throats as a First!
Mark my words, Terran, within a months time I'll be the god of combat!

Jason Sanborn
02-16-2006, 05:22 PM
Even if you do manage to control your own fate, you'll never be the god of combat. Your life is too spoiled by your peaceful actions, too wrapped up in your failures and your shortcomings. If you ever try to come back here again, with threats on your lips, you will only find your death.

Now leave my home, before I reconsider and kill you now.

Egidion
02-18-2006, 03:12 PM
**A crimson glare meets Terran's words. A stern grimace accompanies the forceful words of the eternal Secundae's reply.**

You're just jealous, old man.

**That smugness returns. had it even left?**

I'm freeing myself from the shackles of destiny to achieve greatness, while you're no longer a prisoner of that blasted helmet and what have you done with yourself?

**Worries over any agonies that still hound every inch of his beaten form are washed away by righteous anger that Terran always brings out of Egidion. Anger that makes leaving now a better idea every second. Scarlet whisps of light lick at the air around him as they seep free from his body.**

Enjoy obscurity, Terran.

**The red energy folds around the godling, covering him and pulling him free from reality and sending him teleporting off to his next destination (http://www.cbreview.net/forums/viewtopic.php?p=84527#84527). The journey will be another violent and costly one, but bearing the victory of having the last word just might give Egidion the strength needed to survive for another battle with the power of fate.**

Jason Sanborn
02-19-2006, 05:42 PM
Terran shouted out in anger and rage. Egidion had pierced the First's ego in a major way. In a flash of crimson energy and smoke, Terran teleported out of his palace. He needed to fight, to let out steam, and he wouldn't take no for an answer.

Ember had watched the exchange from the shadows and laughed after Terran had vanished. It seemed Egidion always seemed to know what buttons to push to get a rise out of his father. With the exchange over, she turned and walked into the castle, to make her way back to her cave and her gold.

Jason Sanborn
08-04-2010, 05:38 PM
There was a chill in the afternoon air. Charred buildings lay in smoking ruins, some still burning from the bombings that took place earlier in the morning. Up until a few moments ago, this battlefield was a hot zone. The sounds of gunfire and the screams of the dying filled the air. Now, there was only the sounds of the few remaining fires and the soft whistling of the wind through the ruins.

Ruwach, the Wanderer, stood in the middle of the battlefield, wiping the blood of the mortals from his long blade. He knew that the ruler of the planet would have been watching this battlefield with rapt interest. The fact that he came along to end the battle by killing all participants on both sides would be sure to bring him here.

No sooner had Ruwach finished cleaning his blade then a shadow loomed from above. A large red dragon flew in from above, landing in the center of the field of battle. Seated on her neck was the man Ruwach had been waiting for, Terran, the God of Battle.

"Give me one good reason I shouldn't have Ember turn you into a snack for interferring in my affairs," Terran demanded.

Ruwach simply shrugged. "You value her life as much as your own."

Terran glared at Ruwach from his perch and pulled out his own rifle. "Then perhaps I should just shoot you and be done with it."

Ruwach sighed. "I did not come here to fight, Terran."

"No? Then why stop in five minutes a battle that has gone on five days?"

"Because I knew it would get your attention."

"You have it and my ire," Terran said as he put away his rifle. "Now, what was so important that you felt it necessary to anger me?"

"I want to know what happened to me."

Terran glared at Ruwach for a moment in confusuion. "I am the god of battle, not an oracle. Go seek Lord Mattson, he's the visionary."

"He is, and I may yet seek him out, but it is because you are the god of battle that I come to you first."

"I am already growing tired of this. Explain yourself."

"What do you know of the battles on Elysia against the Negation?"

"I know I missed some grand battles that I would have relished being involved in. I was here, away from most of the action while that was underway. Why?"

"I believe I died in that battle, yet here I stand. I remember going to Elysia to fight, but I remember nothing of the battle. I am even unaware of how much time passed before I woke up again."

Terran scoffed. "If you were dead, you should seek out Lestat or Sil. They have powers over life and death. As for me, the only thing that I desire is watching you die in battle. It is a shame I missed it, and a greater shame that you were brought back."

Ruwach nodded. "As you know nothing of the battle on Elysia, I shall be on my way." A red bridge of light appeared behind Ruwach, stretching into the sky. "Until next our paths cross."

"May it be never again," Terran muttered as Ruwach walked onto the bridge and vanished.