PDA

View Full Version : The Crystal Cave on Elysia

Jason Sanborn
08-15-2004, 03:25 PM
Saja appeared from Present Day Reshnael (http://forumcorp.com/jsanborn/viewtopic.php?p=15457#15457). She arrived on Starron, not far from where Jasmin's house was. In a matter of moments, Meteoro would arrive, and soon would destroy all life on Starron. The perfect opportunity to destroy Jas, before he was born.

Tigers
08-15-2004, 03:34 PM
Alexis and Ruwach arrived only seconds within the time Saja had. Focusing solely on Saja, Alexis called to her.

Your are a coward Saja. You run to find things that will give you an advantage, that is your weakness. You haven't the true strength or power to face me. You are nothing!

Jason Sanborn
08-15-2004, 03:39 PM
Saja turned and faced Alexis.

No, that is my strength. I find an advantage and I use it! Your weakness is that you care too much.

The heat on the planet began to rise.

Notice, the heat is rising. Soon, Jasmin will try to make Meteoro forget, and at that time, I will destroy your brother, and there is nothing you can do to stop me!

Saja used the power of the Lady Death Talisman ((The power to create or destroy undead)) and skeletons of the dead began to rise from the ground. She enhanced them with power, so they would not be easily destroyed. Alexis found herself surrounded by an army of powerful skeletons bent on destroying her.

Jason Sanborn
08-15-2004, 03:41 PM
Ruwach was glad that Alexis restored his senses. Saja was too powerful, it seemed. There had to be a way. Ruwach waited and looked for the opening he needed to strike.

Tigers
08-15-2004, 03:55 PM
Alexis produced her sword and then quickly looked at Ruwach, she had almost forgotten that he was a spirit. Quickly she reached out and allowed the universal powers to saturate Jas in his spirit form. Telepathically she spoke to him as she cut through the army of undead toward Saja.

You are spirit my brother, use those gifts which you already have available to you in this form. I will give you a boost of my own powers to help.

Alexis worked her way quickly through the undead army, never letting her eyes leave Saja.

Without those talismans you are nothing, you resort to treachery and trickery to accomplish your goals. You will never prevail with such tactics. Come and face me witch, or are you afraid?

Jason Sanborn
08-15-2004, 04:00 PM
Saja laughed as the temperature on Starron continued to rise. She could feel the people on Starron dying.

I don't care what I need to use or who I need to destroy to accomplish my goals. The talismans increase my power, but so much the better. But take a taste of my own power!

Several tentacles of green energy snaked out from Saja's fingers and began to wrap themselves around Alexis's body. Several grabbed her by the neck and began to try to strangle the life out of her.

Jason Sanborn
08-15-2004, 04:02 PM
Ruwach felt the additional power, and it gave him an idea. His powers normally gave him the ability to control the living. Now he was a spirit, perhaps he could also control the dead.

Ruwach used his powers and called out to the spirits of those that werfe dying on Starron. He also called to the spirits of those long since dead. As he did so, he sent a telepathic message to Alexis.

~Give the spirits form as you did for me!~

The spirits of the dead began to gather, prepared to do Ruwach's will.

Tigers
08-15-2004, 04:07 PM
Alexis felt the tentacles grab hold of her and begin to tighten, she felt her flesh give way to the pressure. She shifted from human form to that of a Tiger, allowing her to break free from the tentacles and repair the damage to her body. Leaping she landed squarely on top of Saja, letting out a roar she shifted back into her human form. She looked deep into Saja's eyes, where her adversary would find no fear.

It appears we are equally matched. Good. I would not want to defeat you so easily.
Alexis purred.

Tigers
08-15-2004, 04:09 PM
Alexis heard her brothers words and while she had been sitting on top of Saja, she let out the energies needed to make his request become reality.

Jason Sanborn
08-15-2004, 04:13 PM
Saja blasted Tigers back with a blast of green energy, knocking her back into the army of skeletons. Saja stood to her feet.

It is too late! Your brother dies today!

Jason Sanborn
08-15-2004, 04:16 PM
Ruwach smiled as the spirits took a semi-corporeal state.

No, Saja, your plan ends here!

Ruwach used his powers over the spirts and had them swarm upon her, overpowering her. At that same moment, he could sense that something had changed. He had stopped the change to the timestream. Suddenly, reality around them began to shift, as Jas was no longer killed in the womb.

The spirits that he had previously called vanished away, and with them, Ruwach disappeared as well.

Tigers
08-15-2004, 04:24 PM
Alexis flew backwards into the undead army. Before she realized it, her brother had fixed the time line. She felt the sudden ripple pass through her body and watched as Ruwach disappeared. Knowing that time itself was fixed did not mean she could let her guard down. Saja still contained power and it was time to fix that as well. Alexis leapt to her feet at charged Saja, pulling her sword out she came down upon her with all her might.

Taste my blade, Saja, and know that you have been defeated!

Jason Sanborn
08-15-2004, 04:28 PM
The blade pierced easily into Saja. The pain was beyond reason.

You will pay!

Saja let out the power of the Emerald Flame in a blast around her body, knocking Tigers back, and releasing the sword from her body. Saja quickly used the Meridian Talisman to heal her wounds.

You may have won this battle, but you will not defeat me!

Saja disappeared, heading farther back in time. Still Starron, but this time she saught to destroy Jasmin before she even met Meteoro.

Tigers
08-15-2004, 04:41 PM
Alexis was beginning to lose her temper. She felt that Saja had altered time once more, the only thing she could do was to follow her and this time she needed to remove the talismans from the womans possession.
In a blink of an eye, Alexis was gone.

Jason Sanborn
08-15-2004, 04:44 PM
Starron was teeming with life. She had transported herself back hundreds of years in time. The technology level of the world was that of a renaissance. Jasmin's little cottage was still in the same place, at the edge of a small fishing community.

Saja smiled, knowing that the time had come to completely destroy Jas. She would do so by first destroying his own mother. Saja used the power of the Emerald Flame and began destroying the village and Jasmin's home.

Jason Sanborn
08-15-2004, 04:46 PM
Jasmin was surprised by the sounds of explosions coming from outside, and was even more surprised when her cottage burst into flames around her. This was a great injustice! Who would dare to attack her at her home? She hadn't been involved in any First activities since Altwaal divided the houses.

Quickly she ran out of her house, her sword of judgement in hand. She saw the Sinister First, and the green energy she wielded.

How dare you attack me, and destroy my people! You shall pay for your injustices!

Tigers
08-15-2004, 04:58 PM
Alexis again arrived just seconds behind Saja. Saja had wasted no time in beginning to destroy everything in her path. Alexis's eyes took on a darker more brilliant color of orange as she called out to Saja.

SAJA! When are you going to learn foolish woman! If you wish to succeed you better face me and remove the real problem!

Jason Sanborn
08-15-2004, 05:02 PM
You are nothing but a pesky annoyance! I weaken you when I weaken and destroy those you love!

Saja laughed and fired a blast of red energy at Jasmin. It happened too quickly for Jasmin to teleport away, and Saja knew that. She also knew that no First could stand under the power of the blast she fired.

Tigers
08-15-2004, 05:16 PM
With the grace and cat like reflexes she possesses, Alexis disappeared before Saja's eyes only to reappear right in front of Jasmin. Alexis took the full force of the blast knocking her into Jasmin. Jasmin is knocked clear as Alexis falls to the ground. It took her a moment to gain her feet, the blast had saved Jasmin's life, but it had caused immense pain to Alexis. With a Tiger's cry she launched herself at Saja her sword drawn with ever intent on ending this First's life. As she charged, she delivered another blow from her own powers straight at Saja.

Bring it on witch! The game is afoot!

Jason Sanborn
08-15-2004, 05:19 PM
Jasmin saw the blast coming, and prepared to brace herself for the blast. She put her sword in front of her, as added protection. She was surprised to see another woman appear in between her and the blast. The blast struck the woman, knocking Jasmin away, causing Jasmin very minor injury.

She quickly stood to her feet and followed after Alexis towards Saja, prepared to help the stranger defeat the enemy.

Jason Sanborn
08-15-2004, 05:23 PM
Saja saw her attack stopped by Alexis and cursed. But she still knew that she had wounded the woman.

I will destroy you!

A green blade of Emerald Energies appeared in Saja's hand, and with it, she easily avoided Alexis's blow. She did not notice Jasmin joining in the battle until it was too late. Jasmin's sword pierced into Saja, and Saja could feel some power being drained by the blade.

NO!

She shouted, as Alexis managed to get through Saja's defenses and land yet another blow. This wound could very well have been mortal, were it not for the Meridian Talisman. Using both the Meridian Talisman and the Sojourn Talisman, Saja began healing her wounds, and disappeared farther into the past.

Tigers
08-15-2004, 05:33 PM
Alexis's first blow missed, but because of Jasmin's help they were able to hurt Saja enough to defeat her. Without thinking Alexis grabbed her wounded side and turned to Jasmin.

Thank you Jasmin. A promise is a promise, and I told you I would die for him, and I meant ever word.

Alexis did not give time for Jasmin to reply and she did not realize she had just spoken to Jasmin like she would know who Alexis was. In a blink, Alexis followed Saja through time once more. She shifted her shape to heal her wounds and doubled her convictions of finishing off Saja once and for all.

Jason Sanborn
08-15-2004, 05:36 PM
Jasmin looked at the woman in confusion for a moment. She recognized her from her past, from when the crystal was created. But who was she referring to, she wondered?

After Alexis vanished, Jasmin put away her sword and went into the village to see what damage was done, and help the survivors repair the damage. She may have been a First, but she was not above manual labor to help her people.

Jason Sanborn
08-15-2004, 05:38 PM
Saja had gone farther back in time. She arrived at a crystal cave in Elysia. It was here that the crystal was created. She would destroy Jasmin here in the cave, and destroy the crystal with it. She prepared to use both the red energies and the green emerald flame to completely cave in and destroy the cave, and kill those who were inside.

Jason Sanborn
08-15-2004, 05:40 PM
Inside the crystal cave, Isabel felt a great power appear outside. This was a power level nearly equal to her own. She immediately sensed the danger and put a protective barrier around the cave, preventing the cave from being destroyed.

Jasmin, who was inside the cave, gathering crystals, would never even know what had happened.

Tigers
08-15-2004, 05:44 PM
Alexis arrived just as Saja blasted the gave. Her heart leapt into her throat until she recognized the powers of another like herself. It was Isabel! Alexis was elated and there was nothing now that would stop her from stopping Saja.

Give it up Saja, you can not win. Every time you have tried you have been defeated. I will stop you, you can count on that!

Jason Sanborn
08-15-2004, 05:47 PM
As Alexis appeared at this new location in time, her energies attracted another lost in time. Her brother Jas had returned as a result of the timeline being corrected. But his memory was fragmented and damaged. He didn't know where he was, nor what was going on. He had his memories, but he could make no sense of them. He didn't know what was up or what was down. He didn't know Alexis, nor Saja.

Around his neck hung a glowing memory crystal, that glowed brightly, trying to help him recover his memories.

Jason Sanborn
08-15-2004, 05:50 PM
Saja saw the blast hit the cave, and knew it should have destroyed the cave, yet nothing happened. She could not believe it. Then she heard the voice of Alexis. She spun around to face her opponent.

Tigers, you don't give up! And I see you have brought your worthless brother along to help you! It will do you no good. You will die here with your brother!

Twin blades of green energy appeared in both Saja's hands. She charged at Alexis and sliced with both blades, intent on rending the woman to shreds.

Jason Sanborn
08-15-2004, 05:52 PM
Isabel heard the sounds outside, and felt the arrival of another Atlantean.

Jasmin, remain here and find your crystal. I will return soon, I have to check on something.

Isabel walked quickly out of the cave to the entrance where she saw Saja, Jas and Alexis. She had not seen this coming, as was typical for her, but she quickly realized what was going on. These people weren't from her time, they were from out of time, and Saja was the one causing the damage. She prepared herself to join in the battle.

Jason Sanborn
08-15-2004, 05:56 PM
Jasmin saw Isabel go out, and wondered what that was about. She could hear something going on outside the cave, a battle of some kind.

What are you talking about?

Isabel ignored her and quickly exited the cave. Jasmin looked at the crystals she had gathered. There was one that would be perfect for her. She had what she needed. She wondered if she should listen to Isabel and remain in the cave, or go out, and find out what was going on. After all, she needed to be outside to enchant the crystal properly anyways.

Jasmin paused a moment before deciding to pocket all the crystals and follow Isabel out of the cave.

((She will not exit until after the next round of posting. ;)))

Tigers
08-15-2004, 06:00 PM
Alexis looked toward Jas and smiled, but it was soon to be short lived as Saja came at her with her swords. Quickly, Alexis brought forth her own sword and countered the attack, only to be grazed by her blades. She blasted Saja with another round of energy and did not give Saja time to recover as she continued her attack.

It ends here!

Jason Sanborn
08-15-2004, 06:03 PM
Saja was blasted back and quickly regained her feet to defend against Alexis.

You are correct. Here in the past is where you and your family will die!

Saja sent out a red blast towards Jas and sent a green bubble of energy around Alexis and caused it to contract, intending on crushing her inside.

Jason Sanborn
08-15-2004, 06:04 PM
Jas had no clue of what was going on, but saw the energy blast heading towards him. He had no time to react, and was blasted away by the energy. He lay motionless on the ground, as the crystal he wore began to dim.

Jason Sanborn
08-15-2004, 06:06 PM
Isabel saw the battle going on outside and knew that now was the time to react. She attacked Saja from behind with an burst of orange energy. Since Saja's back was to her, she knew that she wouldn't even see it coming.

Tigers
08-15-2004, 07:45 PM
Alexis felt the green bubble surround her and begin to constrict, she tried to destroy it from within and found that she could not. There was only one thing she could do and that was to teleport outside of the bubble. As soon as she teleported outside, she could see that Isabel had attacked Saja from the back, taking advantage of this Alexis sent a burst of energy from the front. Saja would be caught off guard from both sides simultaneiously.

Jason Sanborn
08-15-2004, 10:22 PM
Saja didn't see the attack coming from behind her. She had no idea anyone was there to attack her. The blast hit her hard and knocked her forward, directly into the blast that Alexis delivered. The blasts of two different Atlanteans wounded her greatly, but still, she would not go down. Saja began to use the power of the Meridian Talisman again, to begin to bind her wounds. She was too weakened by the blasts to do anything other than concentrate on healing her wounds.

Jason Sanborn
08-15-2004, 10:25 PM
Jas lay on the ground, he was in extreme pain from Saja's attack. His memories were beginning to come back. No, he could not let it end like this. After all this struggle, he would not die at the hands of Saja. Not here, wherever here was.

Jas focused on dulling the pain, but he also took a step further, he focused on keeping hold of his life here. He would not die, he had to defeat Saja. He had to get back to find Quaxo. He had to live. The crystal on Jas's chest glowed brighter.

Jason Sanborn
08-15-2004, 10:29 PM
Jasmin emerged from the cave and noticed Isabel standing at the mouth of the cave watching a battle unfold outside. A woman, glowing with Sinister energies, knelt, badly wounded. Another woman stood nearby, glowing with an unrecognizable orange energy form. Both women radiated incredible amounts of power, unlike anything she had ever felt.

She also noticed another man, lying wounded on the ground. A strange glowing could be seen from a crystal he wore on a necklace. An almost familiar power could be felt from the crystal the wounded First wore around his neck.

How is this possible?

Jasmin said in shock. Behind her, the crystal cave began to grow brighter. Almost as if whatever was causing the man's crystal to glow, was also affecting all the crystals in the cave. A low vibration could be heard rising, as if all the crystals in the cave were vibrating.

Jason Sanborn
08-15-2004, 10:32 PM
Isabel looked at Jasmin, and back into the cave. Even she was at a loss to explain the bizzare behavior of the crystal cave. The arrival of the time travelers has altered her perception of events, she had no idea what was going on.

Jasmin. Drop the crystals on the ground.

As she spoke to Jasmin, she sent a telepathic question to Alexis.

~What is going on here, my sister? Your arrival here is altering time. I fear the result will be dangerous.~

Jason Sanborn
08-15-2004, 10:40 PM
The memory crystal that Jas wore around his neck continued to grow brighter as he concentrated on healing his body, and surviving. His mental powers also reached out beyond the crystal. It also touched the memory crystal that Alexis still carried on her from when he vanished originally.

That power was still not enough, and Jas's mind unconciously saught more power to fuel his desperate request. That power reached out to the crystals that Jasmin carried, and the crystals inside the crystal cave. As the light of the crystals continued to increase, a low humming sound could be heard as the crystals began to vibrate.

Slowly, Jas stood to his feet.

Saja! Your time is over! This is your end!

Jas walked over to Saja, who was still trying to recover. Jas sent a quick telepathic message to Alexis, only one word "Wait."

Jason Sanborn
08-15-2004, 10:42 PM
Jasmin didn't know what was going on, but she trusted her friend, and immediately dropped the crystals on the ground. She squinted to see in the growing light, and strained to hear over the humming noise that was increasing in intensity.

What is going on, Isabel?

Isabel was always the one with the answers, and Jasmin always turned to her friend for council in difficult times. This day surpassed many that she had seen in her past.

Jason Sanborn
08-15-2004, 10:47 PM
Saja had recovered her strength and stood to her feet as Jas approached her.

You think you can succeed where your sister has failed? You forget my power. I will destroy you, and this world with me.

Saja directed another blast of red energy with one hand and a blast of emerald fire with her other hand, both directed at Jas. A blast that no First would be able to survive.

Jason Sanborn
08-15-2004, 10:50 PM
Isabel watched as the events continued to unfold. She wondered why the other Atlantean had not attacked yet. She knew that something important must be happening, so she waited as well. Instead Isabel answered Jasmin's question.

I believe we are witnessing the climax of a great struggle, Child. It is not our place to interferre at the moment, so I am simply observing.

Jason Sanborn
08-15-2004, 10:56 PM
The two blasts passed harmlessly through Jas. The crystal's vibrations have sped up his body to a point where he almost had no physical form, yet still he was visible.

From the time you invaded my mind in your creation, until now, you have always tortured me. You have wounded me, and escaped, but no more.

Jas drew his sword and attacked Saja, a blow she easily countered.

You may have more power now, but this battle is between you and me. This is where you end, and I return!

Jas continued to fight Saja. She was easily able to counter his attacks, but still she backed off, trying to find footing. Every attack she made on him, simply passed right through him, allowing her no ability to attack. Even her mental attacks had no effect.

No more will you terrorize the First! No more will you threaten me! No more will you threaten my family!

Jas forced Saja back towards the cave.

Jason Sanborn
08-15-2004, 10:59 PM
Saja tried every attack she could on Jas, but nothing was working. She hated this constant push backwards. She needed to find a way in, and then she saw it. She couldn't hit him, but she could hit Jasmin, and then he would cease to exist.

You think you have me defeated? You cannot defeat me! I know all your weaknesses! You will die here today, once and for all!

Saja turned and fired a barrage of green arrows directly at Isabel and Jasmin.

Jason Sanborn
08-15-2004, 11:01 PM
Isabel could easily have stopped the arrows from striking, but she didn't want to give away her powers to Jasmin so soon. As a result, she simply let the arrows strike her and knock her away from the cave. When the green arrows disappeared, she concentrated on healing her wounds, and pretending to be mortally wounded, but still watching the battle closely.

Jason Sanborn
08-15-2004, 11:03 PM
As the green arrows flew towards her, she immediately summoned her sword of Judgement to her hand. At the moment she dove away from the cave, she also swung at some of the arrows flying at her. She managed to avoid being stuck by most of them, but still took several arrows in the leg. She cried out in pain and collapsed onto the ground.

Jason Sanborn
08-15-2004, 11:12 PM
That was the last mistake you'll ever make.

Jas said as he swung at the opening Saja left. In her arrogance thinking that she would have finished off Jasmin, she had left herself open to attack. The sword dug deep into her shoulder, barely missing her heart.

Saja staggered back and used the Meridian Talisman to heal herself. Jas continued to press his advance, and forced Saja further into the bright crystal cave.

It ends here!

The humming of Jas's Memory Crystal joined with the echoing of the crystals inside the cave. Jas was not concerned. He was seeking to trap Saja in the cave, to where she could back up no more. Once in the corner, he would strike her until she could no longer heal herself.

He ignored the brightness of the crystals. He ignored the steadily rising hum they were emitting. He simply had no idea of the danger that was facing him in the Crystal Cave. Suddenly, the crystal that Jas wore around his neck exploded in a brilliant flash of light. This started a chain reaction throughout the cave, causing every crystal inside the cave to begin to explode. Neither Jas nor Saja could escape the destruction as the crystals exploded around them.

Jas knew it was over. He could feel the crystals embedding into his body. He could see Saja suffering the same fate as he. Neither one would escape the cave alive, and he was okay with that. Jas fell onto the floor, letting the darkness overtake him.

Jason Sanborn
08-15-2004, 11:17 PM
Saja had not expected every crystal in the cave to begin exploding around her. Had she expected it she would have protected herself with the talismans. Unfortunately, it was too late. The crystal shards embedded themselves within her body too quickly for her to react immediately. Pain filled her body as she used the Sojourn Talisman to make her escape. She had planned to return to the cave on Reshnael to recover, only things didn't go quite as planned.

Most of the Talismans returned to that location, but Saja remained behind in the Crystal Cave as it collapsed around her and Jas. Her only satisfaction that he had not escaped the cave either.

Jason Sanborn
08-15-2004, 11:19 PM
Jasmin heard the crystals in the cave exploding. The vibrations proving to be too much. Jasmin pulled herself away from the mouth of the cave to avoid being hit by the crystal shards as they flew from the cave.

Jason Sanborn
08-15-2004, 11:22 PM
Isabel was healed enough to get back to her feet the moment that the crystals in the cave began to explode. Quickly she jumped to her feet and stood away from the entrance of the cave, to avoid the crystal shards. The other Atlantean, though, was in danger from the crystals. She called out to Alexis telepathically.

~Sister, the crystals in the cave are exploding, move away!~

Isabel didn't realize, though, that Alexis still carried on crystal on her, and that crystal was also about ready to explode.

Tigers
08-16-2004, 10:44 AM
Evertything happened in a blurr, and Alexis had lost all track of time and her surroundings while trying to stop Saja. Before she knew it, Jas had joined the battle and taken over, pushing Saja into the caves. She had seen the bright light and flash as the cave exploded, collapsing on top of Jas and Saja. Alexis was horrified, she could not believe they had gone through all of this only to lose Jas in the end.

NO!

She had barely heard Isabel's telepathic warning, when she reached for the memory crystal she had around her neck. It had been too late though, the blast from the cave and the combination of the exploding crystal around her neck had knocked Alexis to the ground. She lay there bleeding and battered and unmoving.

Jason Sanborn
08-16-2004, 10:50 AM
Once the crystals had stopped exploding, Isabel walked over to Alexis and looked at her. The crystal shards had embedded themselves deep in her body. Isabel looked at her with a look of saddness.

I'm sorry, Child. I should have been there more for you.

Jason Sanborn
08-16-2004, 10:53 AM
Jasmin propped herself up against the wall next to the cave entrance. Her leg was torn to shreds from the crystal shards, and she was unable to get to her feet. She watched Isabel over at the stranger, who appeared in much worse condition. Jasmin waited patiently and watched.

Tigers
08-16-2004, 11:13 AM
Alexis fought to open her eyes at the sound of Isabel's voice. She could not show anything in her face but pain and sorrow. She knew the answer to the question she was about to ask, but she had to ask anyway. Her body was writhing in pain and when she spoke it came out in an almost inaudible sound.

Jas.............we must.....save.......Jas.

Tears mixed with blood ran down Alexis's face. Her eyes had lost their orange luster and they almosted pleaded with Isabel.

Jason Sanborn
08-16-2004, 11:19 AM
Isabel shook her head sadly, and gently forced Alexis back onto the ground.

No, Child. There is nothing more we can do. The crystals are powerful concentrations of Universal Energies. No one could survive that. These crystals are draining your life force as well. You must return to your time and be healed. I will take care of the two in the cave, and see you in the future.

Tigers
08-16-2004, 12:23 PM
Alexis wept, knowing that Isabel's words were true. She had neither the strenght or the ability to do anything else, and her heart had no desire. Trying to blink away the blood stained tears, she whispered these words to Isabel.

Home?

And then she added.

Tell Jasmine I'm sorry, I've failed her and my brother

With those words Alexis lost consciousness.

Jason Sanborn
08-16-2004, 12:28 PM
Isabel closed her eyes and put some of her healing ability into Alexis. It was enough to keep her from dying here. She only hoped that her sister would find the rest she deserved in her time. Isabel used her powers and sent Alexis back to her home in her time.

Once that was done, she walked over to Jasmin.

It is over.

Isabel noticed an unbroken crystal on the ground, and picked it up.

But the day was not without a small consolation. One crystal remains, and I believe it has the power that you seek.

Isabel handed the crystal to Jasmin and began to heal the wound on Jasmin's leg as much as she could.

Jason Sanborn
08-16-2004, 12:29 PM
Jasmin took the crystal from Isabel.

Do you know who they were?

Jason Sanborn
08-16-2004, 12:32 PM
It matters not, Child. All that matters is that it is over, and we can go on.

Isabel managed to close most of the wounds on Jasmin's leg.

The crystal shards cannot be removed. They will always be in your leg. I'm afraid I don't know the affect that will have upon you, but you may always have a limp.

Isabel held out her hand to help Jasmin to her feet.

Go on home, I will be along shortly. I just need to check on things here.

Jason Sanborn
08-16-2004, 12:35 PM
Jasmin nodded.

I will see you soon, my friend.

With that, Jasmin vanished.

Jason Sanborn
08-16-2004, 12:41 PM
Once Jasmin had teleported away, Isabel walked back into the remains of the cave. The cave had grown dark again, and she was forced to levitate slightly off the ground to prevent stepping on the crystal shards in the cave.

In the back of the cave, he found the bodies of Jas and Saja. Both bodies were badly torn and almost beyond recognition as a result of the crystal shards piercing their bodies.

Isabel sighed, wondering what was really accomplished today. She knew that she would understand soon enough, but now was not the time.

Isabel moved out of the cave, leaving both bodies in there. To attempt to move them could cause damage to her, from the amount of crystal shards in their bodies. The Crystal Cave would become their tomb.

Isabel moved back out of the cave. Once she had emerged, she completely collapsed the cave behind her, burying the bodies of Saja and Jas in the rubble. That done, she disappeared, heading back to her meeting with Jasmin.

Jason Sanborn
08-16-2004, 09:33 PM
Many years had passed before Isabel decided to return to Elysia and the location of the crystal cave. Something bothered her about the battle that took place long before Altwaal divided the houses. It was one incident that seemed to stand out from every other. She knew events, before they would happen, yet this singular event was an unknown, almost as if it were never supposed to happen to begin with.

Many crystal shards littered the area outside the cave, in the exact locations they had fallen thousands of years ago. Even the cave was still collapsed, creating the tomb for the two who perished in the explosion of the crystals.

What was it about this place, Sister, that made it so unique?

Isabel asked aloud, knowing that no one was nearby to hear her question. Isabel walked closer towards the collapsed cave, avoiding the crystal shards on the ground. As she approached, she could feel still that something was not right, as if the cave was never supposed to be destroyed. It was never meant to be a tomb.

Isabel sighed. What was done, was done. This particular area would always defy her senses. The Universal Energies here were twisted and warped as a result of the destruction of the cave. No First would ever come here anymore. It would always remain a mystery, until the end of time.

Isabel vanished once again, leaving the destroyed Crystal Cave behind.

Jason Sanborn
08-16-2004, 09:47 PM
Inside the collapsed cave, there was a small opening where the bodies of Jas and Saja lay. The Universal Energies flowing through the crystal shards embedded in their bodies prevented the natural decay of the bodies, and kept their bodies in a state of suspended animation.

Their spirits, though, were no longer contained within their bodies. Inside the small opening, the two spirits battled each other in a never-ending struggle. It was a battle that neither would win, and it was a battle from which there was no escape. It began thousands of years ago, and would continue for thousands more.

Jason Sanborn
08-16-2004, 10:40 PM
A couple years ago...

Jasmin hadn't been back to the Crystal Cave since she had come here with Isabel to find the crystal to use in her memory crystal, and since the battle here cost her most of the use of her left leg. A lot had changed in the centuries in between.

After Altwaal divided the houses, Jasmin had left Elysia for Starron. She lived on Starron with her friend Isabel for many centuries. She had met and fell in love with Meteoro, a man whom she had thought she would rule Elysia with. Later, she discovered she bore his son. Unfortunately, Meteoro didn't take the news well, and wound up heating up Starron to the point where all life on the planet was destroyed.

Jasmin gave birth to her son, Jas a short time later. It soon became apparent that her son was linked to the memory crystal that she had created and used against Meteoro all those years ago. She was forced to give the crystal to her son, who seemed better suited to use the crystal than she ever was.

She was now back on Elysia. She wanted to show her son the world that once stood as one. An Elysia that she believed she would rule, with Jas's help. Elysia needed to be united, but its divisions ran deeper than the Rift. Even this, though, was short lived, as Jas mysteriously disappeared, leaving his memory crystal behind.

Jasmin held the memory crystal in her hand and surveyed the rubble which once was the Crystal Cave. There was nothing for her on Starron anymore, only an old friend she hadn't spoken with since Meteoro destroyed Starron. With her son missing, she had no reason to return there either. She needed a new home, away from memories, and even this cave held too many horrible memories.

Jasmin walked closer to the cave, limping slightly, favoring her right leg. As she drew closer, the memory crystal began to glow. Jasmin looked at the crystal in confusion for a moment, before walking closer to the rubble. Each step she took, increased the brilliance of the crystal.

Finally, she stood at the edge of the ruined cave. The memory crystal was glowing brightly. She wondered what it was that would cause the memory crystal to react in such a way. Was it simply because it recognized the Crystal Cave as the cave where it was found?

Jasmin pondered the mystery for another moment before deciding that there didn't appear to be anything unusual here. Nothing, other than the crystal shards, that could cause the memory crystal to react in such a fashion.

Finally, Jasmin decided that it was time to move on, to find a new home, and to prepare for the future. She would see her son again, and he will regain his crystal, and with it, he will help usher in a new, United Elysia. Jasmin teleported away from the Crystal Cave.

Jason Sanborn
08-18-2004, 02:18 PM
For the first time in countless centuries, the battle of the spirits stopped. Both could feel the pull of the crystal outside the cave. Both felt drawn to the crystal, but the Universal Energies that surrounded them, bound them to this place.

Inside Jas's body, crystal shards began to glow. The crystal he had worn around his neck at the time it exploded recognized the familiar power of the memory crystal outside, and glowed in response. When Jasmin teleported away with the crystal, the crystal shards continued to glow.

Neither spirit made a move, it was as if both were frozen in time and space. Things were happening, and neither knew what those things would entail.

Jason Sanborn
08-19-2004, 09:54 AM
The Negation War. Battles between the First and the Negation tore through the landscape of Elysia. No part of Elysia was unaffected by the war. Even the Crystal Cave was heavily damaged by the war. By the end of the battles, the tomb of Jas and Saja was laid open, as the small hill they were buried under, was destroyed.

For the first time, the bloodied and battered bodies of Jas and Saja were exposed to the Elysian sky. Jas's body was glowing with an unnatural light, as a result of crystal shards in his body, and Saja's body remained as it had for centuries.

The spirits of Jas and Saja had been motionless in the months since Jasmin had last come to the crystal cave. The glowing of the crystals in Jas's body seemed to hold both spirits, preventing them from moving. Two very different battles were over, but it was only time before a new battle would begin anew.

Jason Sanborn
08-30-2004, 08:48 AM
Today. The bodies of Jas and Saja lay still and motionless. It appeared that no signs of death had even reached their bodies. Neither had their bodies healed from the crystal shards that pierced them. The crystal shards in Jas's body glowed with a light.

The glowing of the crystals held the spirits of Jas and Saja in a suspended state, as if their minds were blank. They simply stared off into space, as if expecting something to happen. They had fought for centuries before the crystals began to glow, although neither knew, now, why they fought, or what they fought for. So, they simply waited. Neither knowing what awaited them in the future.

Jason Sanborn
08-30-2004, 08:55 AM
In a flash of light, several individuals appeared from the Azure Sunder. Crystaline was among the new arrivals. She looked around to see what she could see.

This place was familiar to her. A cave once stood here, a crystal cave. It was this cave that was once her home, when she was nothing more than a memory crystal.

I know this place. It is the Crystal Cave. It is destroyed, though. Why is it destroyed?

A glowing light could be seen farther ahead. It glowed with the same light that Crystaline glowed with. Crystaline felt herself being drawn to the light, like a moth to a flame.

There!

Crystaline pointed towards the light.

That is what draws me. It is in where the cave used to be. Something is there.

Sadeh
08-30-2004, 11:08 AM
~Sadeh wasnt comfortable at all. She wasnt familiar with this place and for a moment there she doubted if she had even set foot on Elysia. The fact that the crystal angel was acting so emotional didnt help her feel at ease. She knew one thing though. The Books wouldnt be here.~

Adam, I really doubt this is the place where the Books are hidden.

Adam Hiedraa
08-30-2004, 12:03 PM
**A symbol of blue light appeared over Adam's forehead. This rune granted the Secundae the "power of sight", which would allow him to see what others are often unable to. After scanning the area breifly he replies to Sadeh.**

I think you're right, but if Crystalline is being drawn to this place it will take further study.
If you'd like you can search the ruins of House Dexter and House Sinister for the books. I'll be by after Crystalline and I are done here.

**Adam reached to his left wristband and removed a small silver patch. He held out this paper thin square for Sadeh to take.**

This is a communications patch. It can be attached to skin or clothes. As long as you wear it we will be able to communicate. To activate it you just think about it then talk.

**Adam then walks towards the light that the angel had pointed to. He tries to scan the source of the light with his blue rune.**

danaepixie
08-30-2004, 01:46 PM
Danae had been floating about from world to world letting connections she had pull her to and fro. She had no plans, no idea where she wanted to go, she just had wanted a change from the ship.

And she had wanted to give Pixie some time alone with Kalor.....

An old connection was pulling at her now, old and strong. Curious, she decided to land on whatever planet this connection led her to.

She appeared in a small puff of smoke and felt immediate pain in her mind. Destruction and sadness and darkness flooded her. She couldnt imagine what could have brought her here, until her vision cleared and she saw the man standing twenty feet in front of her.

Adam?! Danae couldn't believe her eyes, and her voice betrayed her surprise.

Adam Hiedraa
08-30-2004, 02:20 PM
**Ever since his disasterous journey to the Realm of Nightmares Adam has been dreading one moment more than any other. This one.
He has battled with his emotions and tried to conquer his own heart. He has fought to reclaim his soul. During this time Adam has been trying to put his love for Danae second to his mission. His crew and alliegance to Elysia must come first.
All of this work and struggling seems to fade away the moment Adam hears one word.**

Adam?!

**The Secundae captain turns around and he is young again. A godling in his teens just exploring the galaxy and finding this perfect goddess. Every time he sees Danae it is love at first sight all over again. As much as Adam wants to exist completely within this moment, to take Danae in his arms and block out the rest of the universe, he can't. Reality seeps in. The Secundae looks away from the goddess and looks at Crystalline, a member of his crew and someone he has promised to help. Adam looks back at Danae and the conflict that has been going on within him for the past few months comes back. He's no longer a young godling exploring the galaxy. He's a captain who has failed his crew and almost abandonned his sacred mission. Adam's gray eyes look down towards the ground. He doesn't want to be here, but he is and so he looks back at Danae and faces his inner demons all at once. The Secundae captain speaks to the goddess with a half hearted smile.**

Hi.

danaepixie
09-03-2004, 11:43 AM
Adam's half-hearted hello was like a slap in the face. Danae's bright smile faded a bit as she looked upon the face of the god she loved. The last time they had met, she had realized that they had both grown up and were no longer the young god and goddess that had met on Eden, but that was not like this.

She felt like a child standing before him. His recent history had obviously taken a toll on him and his eyes, once always smiling, had changed somehow. He had always had more responsibilities than her and her sister, and while in her wanderings alone she had seen a lot she shouldn't have, she had never been tied to anything. Adam had, and it had taken its toll.

Danae suddenly felt uncomforable and out of place, an emotion completly unfamiliar to her. She was unable to read his eyes as she watched various emotions play across his face. She didn't know what was wrong and refused to read his mind. He looked just as pained as she felt. Looking straight into his eyes, she took a step toward him, then stopped.

How have you been? She forced a smile, trying to regain her original excitement upon seeing him.

Jason Sanborn
09-04-2004, 10:27 AM
Crystaline stopped and looked at both Adam and Danae. She could feel the conflicted emotions.

Captain Adam, it will be okay. I must go to the light. I do not need you with me for this.

Crystaline put her hand on his shoulder to send some peace into his body, to help relieve whatever is causing him to feel distressed. When that was done, she turned and continued towards the light, to leave Adam and Danae to their conversation.

Sadeh
09-04-2004, 10:47 AM
If you'd like you can search the ruins of House Dexter and House Sinister for the books. I'll be by after Crystalline and I are done here.

~Sadeh was taking hold of Adam’s communication patch and putting it on her wrist when she spotted Danae. The effect she had on Adam was striking.~

~Looking into Adam’s eyes, Sadeh knew how much he cared about her. Sadeh smiled. It would always be useful to know Adam’s soft spot.~

~Without saying another word, she put her powers on some use. Eclipsing the sun light, darkness covered her and shadowported her to House Sinister (http://www.cbreview.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=19951#19951).~

Jason Sanborn
09-05-2004, 03:15 PM
Crystaline walked over to where the light was glowing. There was a great indentation in the ground, where the cave once was. It was as if the whole top of the hill was removed. Lying in the indentation, among the crystals, were two bodies, both heavily wounded, apparently in a state of suspended animation.

Crystaline easily recognized both bodies. The one body, which was glowing, was that of Jas. The other body was that of Saja. Both appeared to be in an unusual state, neither living nor dead. She could also sense something more, something she was unable to see. But the spirits of Jas and Saja were still there, both had turned their attention to Crystaline, but neither made any other motion.

Crystaline spread her wings and took to the air. There was no way anyone could easily climb down into the indentation. And if Adam tried to come down, she would warn him away. She knew that the sharp crystals could be very harmful, and possibly even fatal, to him.

Crystaline landed gracefully next to Jas's glowing body. She could feel the pull of the crystal shards in Jas's body. As she was drawn to the crystal shards, the crystal shards were also drawn towards her. She opened her palm, face up, and closed her eyes. Slowly, the crystal shards in Jas's body began to move, as if drawn to Crystaline's hand like metal to a magnet.

Within a matter of moments, Jas's body no longer glowed. In Crystaline's hand were numerrous crystal shards, each glowing brightly. Crystaline put her other hand over the top of the crystal shards, to cover the light. Her own body grew in brilliance for a moment.

Crystaline opened her eyes and removed her hand. In the palm of her hand, where once there were a number of small crystal shards, Jas's Memory Crystal now sat, whole once again.

Crystaline bent down and put the crystal on the end of Jas's necklace, repairing the last missing link of the memory crystal. When that was done, she gently lifted Jas's body off the ground, spread her wings, and took to the air in flight. She brought Jas's body to safety outside the Crystal Cave, and laid his body gently on the grass. She flew back to the cave and did the same thing with Saja's body.

Unknown to Crystaline, the glowing crystal around Jas's neck also acted as another type of magnet. It attracted the spirits of Jas and Saja, and while Crystaline recovered the still bodies, both spirits entered the glowing memory crystal.

After Crystaline had finished gathering the bodies, she waited silently for Adam to finish his conversation with Danae.

Adam Hiedraa
09-05-2004, 05:24 PM
**Adam notices the departure of both Sadeh and Crystalline, but one simple question captures his attention instead.**

How have you been?
**Adam noticed the effect that he earlier reaction had on Danae and he feels guilty about causing her even the slightest amount of pain. Before he completely loses track of it the Secundae tries to respond to her question.**

I'm good. My mission hit a rough patch but we're back on track. I've made great strides in learning Sinister ways recently.

**Adam decides to leave out the parts about the many deaths among his crew and nearly losing everything when he gave in to an illusion of Danae. Instead he makes an inquiry of his own.**

How have you been? Have you found Pixie yet?

Jason Sanborn
09-06-2004, 09:47 AM
Crystaline watched Adam for a moment and realized that his attention was focused on this young woman. She looked at the two bodies lying at her feet and knew that something needed to be done. Telepathically, she contacted the transport engineer aboard the Azure Sunder.

~I have two injured beings with me. They need to be brought aboard to the sick bay right away. Can you bring us aboard, please?~

Adam Hiedraa
09-06-2004, 04:15 PM
**The mental voice of Ensign Conziethe replies to Crystalline. His normal superior tone seems to be magnified by the mental communications.**

~I'll have the three of you teleported to the infiriry in a few moments. I'll just have to cut through the interference from the unusual crystal formations nearby, compensate for the injuries of your two companions and just because I can I'll use the teleportation process to remove any dirt and grime. Feel free to tell me how good I am when you see me. Conziethe out.~

**An instant later Crystalline, Jas and Saja vanish in a burst of light and are transported directly to the Azure Sunder's infirmiry.**

Jason Sanborn
09-06-2004, 06:45 PM
((Crystaline, Jas and Saja are aboard the Azure Sunder.))

danaepixie
09-06-2004, 07:54 PM
Danae smiled at Adam, choosing to remain high spirited despite his apparent lack of enthusiasm at her sudden arrival. *Inside she felt a little hurt- and a serious wonder at what could have made him so sad. *Sadness and hurt radiated off him, and she had no idea why. *Someday she might know, but right now she felt horrid and selfish at forgetting that HE had responsibilities. *He couldn't drop everything just because she decided to show up in his life again. *Noticing his other crew members leave, she thought perhaps she should leave as well, to let him return to them.

I've been doing fine, just wandering on a ship called the Rising Sun. *Pixie and I did find eachother, in a fabulous reunion, but then we decided to spllit apart again, to follow separate paths. *I felt like I had unfinished business at other corners of the galaxy.

She decided to be daring. *I believe that is what led me to you.

Looking down, she continued speaking. *But I didn't really think about practicalities, by showing up here. *It was as much a suprise to me that I found you- but I didn't think about your crew, your ship, your mission. *If you would like, I can return to you when it isn't such a suprise. *;)

She looked directly into his eyes. *I think we need to talk eventually, though. *I feel great pain from you, Adam, and that is just your borderline emotions. *I want to know what has hurt you so.

Stepping toward him, she raised an arm, then dropped it. *And what has made you so afraid of me.

Adam Hiedraa
09-06-2004, 09:07 PM
**Adam smiles and nods when he heard about Danae's successful quest. He had worried about her finding Pixie. He knew how close they were.**

I'm glad you two found each other. I'm sure Pixie's life would have been far too dull without you.

**Adam gave the goddess a wink when he refered to her being more wild that her sister. Soon Danae starts speaking about Adam's responcabilites. For a moment the blonde had nearly forgotten about his crew and mission. Even now a small part of him wishes he could just forget the mission, take Danae to some tropical paradise in some remote corner of the universe and have forget about everything else. But that small part of him loses out to the parts that weigh him down. He has an obligation to his ship, crew and to Elysia. Then Danae looks into Adam's gray eyes and the Secundae finds that he can't look away. She wants to know about what has hurt him. Adam should have known trying to hide his pain from an empath is like trying to hide a third arm. He sighs and begins to tell her, but he can't make the words come out. He can't hurt her any more. But he can't let her leave without resolving this. Adam stands silent for a few agonizing moments before words begin to stumble out of his mouth. He isn't fully sure of what he's saying until its said.**

There's an extra room on my ship. You could stay there for a while.

**Adam reaches out and takes Danae's hands into his own. His eyes suddenly look pained and this herculean god looks almost vulnerable.**

Please?

danaepixie
09-06-2004, 09:25 PM
Danae saw so much longing and pain in Adam's eyes that all she could do was say yes to his plea. *She squeezed his hands and smiled into his eyes. *I will stay with you. *As long as it takes for us to resolve this. *And maybe beyond.

Someday soon I hope we will have time to talk.

Her eyes told of what they couldn't speak of, and, pulling him toward her, she leaned forward to gently kiss him on the cheek. *Hopefully I will be able to help in some way on your mission as well. *Do you have a place for an empath? *Or just a strong pair of hands?

Adam Hiedraa
09-07-2004, 05:12 PM
**Adam falls silent when Danae hopes that someday they'll be able to talk about what happened to him. He honestly doesn't know if he can. He's faced the most horrible creatures of a universe of horrible creatures but saying something that might hurt this goddess scares him more. At Danae's offer Adam pushes past his dark emotions and inner turmoil and his mood becomes almost playful as he responds. If anything this is an attempt to further conceal the sadness he's been radiating.**

I'm sure I can think of a few things for a pair of strong hands to do.

**He winks at her. But soon his smile fades away as he realizes something Danae can help him with. His tone becomes serious as he continues speaking.**

Actually there is something you can do for me. On the Azure Sunder I've got a Lawbringer. He can sense the location of an artifact I need to locate. Unfortunately the process that we're using to calm the Lawbringer's massive temper also dulls his ability to sense the artifact. But you could control his anger without dulling his senses.
Do you feel up to it? This Lawbringer seems to be made of nothing but anger and ugly.

danaepixie
09-07-2004, 09:36 PM
Danae nodded as Adam spoke. *I am definitely up to it. *I can stabilize him without messing with his senses so you can speak with him.

We can leave for your ship any time you want. * ;)

Adam Hiedraa
09-08-2004, 09:13 AM
Alright. I'll need to go tell Sadeh that we have an alternative to finding the magic books we came here to find. We were going to use the books to control the Lawbringer, but now we won't need them.
Would you like to come with me when I go see Sadeh or would you like to go up to the Azure Sunder now?

danaepixie
09-08-2004, 09:53 AM
I will come with you to see Sadeh, and then I can begin controling the Lawbringer.

Danae took a step closer to Adam. *Where is Sadeh?

Adam Hiedraa
09-08-2004, 10:13 AM
Okay, I'll just find out where-

**Adam summons a symbol of yellow light to his forehead. This rune allows the Secundae captain to telepathically contact his crew aboard the Azure Sunder. After a brief scan of Elysia they locate Sadeh. Once he has the information Adam responds to Danae.**

She's in the ruins of House Sinister.

**Adam holds out his hand for Danae to take. It's not a necessary part of the teleportation process but the Secundae never could pass up an opportunity like this.**

Are you ready?

danaepixie
09-08-2004, 10:18 AM
Danae took Adam's hand without hesitation. Ready.

Adam Hiedraa
09-08-2004, 10:23 AM
anchor**Adam sends a telepathic command to his crew and a moment later he and Danae vanish in a flash of light. An instant later they appear within the Sinister Palace.**

Jason Sanborn
11-22-2004, 07:55 PM
In the remains of the Crystal Cave, a spirit stirred. Something had awoken him after all these years. Ruwach, a name meaning 'Spirit', was the name he was called at one time. That hadn't changed.

Alexis?

Ruwach asked in confusion, looking around. No one was around. He was alone. Something, though, was happening on Elysia. He could sense it. He departed from the Crystal Cave and moved quickly and unseen across what was once Dexter lands, towards the site of the disturbance. Millennium's Palace.

Jason Sanborn
08-01-2005, 02:12 PM
Sinister Jas had appeared at the site of the Crystal Cave after leaving Tebryna. His three children had appeared on the ground with him as he teleported. The twins, whose names he didn't know, were crying after being taken so unexpectedly from their mother and the comfort of their home. Iolair, the eldest, was unusually silent. Jas had no way of knowing what was going on in the mind of the toddler, as he looked into his father's eyes.

Hush, children. I'm your father. Don't worry, I'll protect you.

Jas was surprised by a new telepathic message in his mind.

~You are nothing but an imposter! How dare you take my children away from their mother?~

The voice was strikingly familiar to Sinister Jas. He recognized it because it was his own. He replied telepathically.

~I am not an imposter, these are my children. Oriena would desire to be alone, so I will give her what she wants. I will raise these children, and they will learn respect.~

~You have poisoned my wife against me. Now you seek to use our children against her! I cannot allow that! Return them at once!~

Sinister Jas gave a sly smile.

~Or what? You'll hunt me down and take the children from me? I'm sorry, but none shall find me! Not now, not ever! I will raise these children and show them the Truth. We will return one day, and when we return, we will claim what is rightfully mine; the throne of Elysia.~

With that, Sinister Jas tapped into the powers of the Sigil Talisman as he teleported away. The combination of his Sinister Energies, combined with the power of the Sigil Talisman distorted by the high concentration of universal energies contained in the crystals sent Jas and the children into another dimension.