PDA

View Full Version : Planet M, "Unbalancing the planet's rule" OOC

Nestlé
08-17-2004, 07:33 PM
Okay everyone, Arik'hu is on planet M as everyone knows.

Here's my question:

I needed someplace to "put" Arik'hu until Rupiku's SL begins.
Here's the debate:
With Arik'hu now in the picture, the balance of the planet can easily be broken... But, after taking two years to finally attain the bablnce, do we really want that? :eh:

Qwaring
08-17-2004, 07:57 PM
A vampire character of mine, Ilona, is currently scheming to create a war between Vermin and Gregorn (is that the correct name?), so she can somehow take over the planet for her master, the Seer. I don't know if Ilona's plot will succeed or not. Although I doubt it.

Jason Sanborn
08-17-2004, 08:40 PM
Won't 2 Planet M OOC Threads be confusing? Nestle, can you rename this so it doesn't get confused with the primary Planet M OOC? ;)

Nestlé
08-17-2004, 10:22 PM
Oops!! :shock:
Sorry Jas, I didn't realize there was one already. :?

Qwar, what if Arik'hu aligned himself with this woman of yours? ;) :p

Nestlé
08-17-2004, 10:23 PM
Actually, though, why don't we continue this in the other REAL thread. ;)

Vampyre Lestat
08-18-2004, 06:46 AM
I think conflict on Planet M will be perpetual.

Which makes things interesting. Right now we have two non Firsts as rulers. The battles and wars, conflicts and uprisings can be a bit more realistic in terms of struggle.

Lestat could get involved. So can Banter. Qwaring, etc.

What I would like to see is this world take on a Greek Mythology feel.

Here is what I mean. In the Iliad there were wars against nations and the Gods got involved for their own amusement..but they didn't fight. They empowered Heros. The Hero's fought.

So I don't want Planet M to become Ancient Greek..but the whole "Gods involved in the plight of man" aspect is appealing.

In addition. Nes, if you notice, Lestat gave you three paths. I did that for a reason. However, there is a fourth.

Don't side with Gregorn, (q you got it right) Don't side with Vermin...and don't side with Ilona. Yet side with all of them.

Be a quadruple agent working for yourself only. Play the pieces against each other.

Now, Lestat could give you this mission. Or it can be a mission you can find yourself on. Its up to you.

Nestlé
08-18-2004, 10:36 AM
Hmmmm... :think:

It is an interesting part to play...
There is one thing however... Arik'hu is definetly the "hands on" type of character.
I'm not sure he would be able to resist a good fight if he was offered the opportunity.
He would want to spill some blood.

If we can figure out how to use that, or get around it, I think it works great! :p

I would think that you should give him that spot though, Lestat.
2 reasons: 1. If you want to run with the "Greek Mythology" thing, that's the gods intereveneing perfectly. ;)
2. Arik'hu knows nothing of Planet M politics. Everything he knows, you told him in the last 4 posts.
I think it would be best if you seyt him on the right track. ;)

Vampyre Lestat
08-18-2004, 10:43 AM
Oh A can def get involved, and he can fight on both battlefields

Nestlé
08-18-2004, 10:51 AM
Then simply give him the offer... :twisted:

Qwaring
08-18-2004, 03:41 PM
Oops!! :shock:
Sorry Jas, I didn't realize there was one already. :?

Qwar, what if Arik'hu aligned himself with this woman of yours? ;) :p
You can if you want to. Ilona and her legion of nameless psuedo-vampire minions are located in a fortress on one of the floating islands. I'll have to write up a desciption of the fortress.
Ilona's been working in secret and will be suspicious of anyone wanting to join her since only the First's would be able to sense that she's up to no good. So your character will have to be careful when he approaches Ilona.

Meteoro
08-18-2004, 04:02 PM
I like the idea of Arik'u playing on all the sides at the same time. And yup, Planet M has been struggling since it's inception, that's what gives it its particular flavor.

8) M 8)

PS: Check my next post

Meteoro
08-18-2004, 04:03 PM
Actually, though, why don't we continue this in the other REAL thread. ;)

No. :razz:

Actually, I think we should mix this thread with the other one. There's no need to have two separate Planet M OOC threads.

8) M 8)

Nestlé
08-18-2004, 05:41 PM
That's what I meant. :oops:

I've been trying to get rid of this thread, but you guys keep posting here. :roll: ;)

Meteoro
08-18-2004, 08:38 PM
Who's posting here! :realmad:

Who? Who????!!!!!

:shocked: M :shocked:

Aliexster
08-19-2004, 04:35 AM
Not me...:ermm:

D'oh! :banghead: