PDA

View Full Version : OOC A random idea for an SL involving ghosts only.

Shuya
08-20-2004, 06:30 PM
I was going to say "involving Spirits", but the alcoholics among us may have got the wrong idea....

So, for those of you who aren't following my Wyldearth SL, it has just been revealed that the planet's ruler (who is a Spirit) left the planet several years before the war began, to stop Charon and his minions from invading The Afterlife, or The Spirit World, or whatever you want to call it.

For some reason, an SL of this Spirit-war really appeals to me. Of course, it would have to be a "many years earlier, before the war even started" job, and it couldn't really cross over with other SL's unless someone has some bright ideas.

I haven't made any firm plans with it yet, and it wont happen for a while (if at all) so I thought I'd post to find out if

a) Anyone's interested

b) There are any wild objections

and

c) If, according to the frankly insane physics of the Bright Universe, its even possible.

Thoughts? Ideas? Insults?

Well, maybe not the last one.......

Qwaring
08-21-2004, 07:16 AM
Depending on when this SL is going to happen, since I'm currently wrapped up in several other SL's and couldn't handle any more, I might join. The only character that I could offer would be Thanatos, the Olympian god of death. He'd want to keep Charon from invading the afterlife.

Meteoro
08-21-2004, 07:37 AM
Well, everyone knows I’m already involved in more storyline than those that I can handle, but I wanted to add my imput anyway.

The story sounds great, but there’s also a problem with storylines being set in the past, at least in this massive crossover forum.

The first is that, to involve a known character, you’d be rewriting his or her past, which could affect everything that has happened after that. Personally, I find retcons really painful to the characters.

On the other hand, with the storyline being set in the past, the interaction with present characters would be void.

Of course, if you want to set it in the past it’s up to you, or if it is placed in the past for a definite reason, much better ;), but if you chose the past just because, I think it would be best to consider what I just mentioned.

As for the chance of working this in the present, considering that Charon is being rumored to be dead, it would be interesting to have him attacking the Afterlife, it would only make sense ;).

8) M 8)

Shuya
08-23-2004, 03:11 AM
Hmmmm.

Well, thanks for the input guys.

By the by, whats the situation with Charon? Have people decided where he is or anything? Because if enough people are interested, this can easily be adapted.

Qwaring's clone#1
08-23-2004, 04:43 AM
Aryn is going to have a confrontation with Charon on a Negation world called Dramadach. After that I don't know if anyone has any plans for Charon.

Meteoro
08-23-2004, 07:11 AM
I think Lestat was planning a scene with Charon as well.

It wouldn't hurt to ask Ayrn and Lestat directly.

8) M 8)