PDA

View Full Version : IC Eden: The Tembea Forest

Millennium
03-10-2008, 03:30 PM
The stone covered surface of Eden stretched over nearly every nook and cranny on this once lush and proud planet. The Wall of Gray washed it's frozen wrath throughout the entire land to the point where it's monochromatic gaze contrasted greatly against on spot in particular. Bordering the Thames colony is a forest that once held an Egg of power. But that wasn't what made this place peculiar now. No, what makes this place special now, at least at first glimpse, was that it was the only place other than Eden's Gate that beared life. In fact, the whole forest had retained it's lush green glow, untouched by the Wall's nefarious forces. What has changed however, was one thing...

...it was insufferably loud now.

Zamael
03-11-2008, 02:08 PM
(( XD Awesome writering, my friend. ^^ Dash of Terry Pratchett at the end there. ^^ Hee hee. ^^ ))

Millennium
03-25-2008, 10:56 AM
(( :) Thank you, thank you. I imagine that Liadan might be the first to come here, followed by whatever person or team came after the next Element.))

Ryvius
09-15-2008, 12:10 PM
((Go ahead and pull us into the Tembea, Maneko. I'll write in the description of what we see once you've done so. :) ))

Zamael
09-16-2008, 08:54 AM
No sooner had they stepped into the shadows than they stepped out of them, coming up in the shade of a tree some distance away from the Tembea. The change in Zamael was immediate and even with the god-high still riding him, he visibly stiffened, becoming more serious, more alert.
Heskyn the ferret soon appeared at his side, having not expected his surveillance to be over so soon and he sat at Zamael's feet awaiting more orders.

Ryvius
09-17-2008, 07:41 AM
As they made their exit out of the shadowrealm and onto the distant outskirts of The Tembea, Zamael and Ryvius would encounter one of the weirdest greetings they've ever had. Every manner of animal, insect, sasquatch and humanoid in the direct vicinity that found refuge here in this lush forest slowly peeked their heads out to see the new visitors' arrival. Normally, they would have all just dismissed their arrival except for one difference. With Ryvius still holding Zamael's hand, they both emanated a royal purple glow around them that allowed their life restoring effect to span out for ten miles around them. This made everyone and everything run to them like an excited stampede. Completely encircled by varying creatures made Ryvius a little nervous which made her tighten her grip on Zamael's hand, even though she wasn't really cognizant of that fact. A small and cute bunny hopped up to Zamael and gave his pant leg a tug as to get his attention.

Zamael
09-17-2008, 10:11 PM
Zamael looked down at the bunny, a quizical expression on his face. He was careful to watch the Tembea out of the corner of his eye to make sure that it didn't make a move on them.

Ryvius
09-25-2008, 12:02 PM
The bunny smiled and started speaking in a very deep Barry White tone to them both...

"Did you bring the Light with you?"

Ryvius almost burst out into a laughing fit when realizing the irony of the bunny.

Zamael
09-26-2008, 08:59 AM
Zamael opened his mouth to say something, could think of nothing, and shut it again. He took another look at the rabbit, the at Heskyn (who shrugged) and then at the rabbit again. He ignored Ryvvius's maniacal laughter. "What do you mean, friend?" Zamael addressed it as "friend" simply because it hadn't presented its name and, he knew from most of his animal encounters, if it hadn't attacked yet it probably wasn't going to.

Ryvius
09-26-2008, 10:59 AM
The bunny looked at Ryvius' laughter and was a bit confounded by it. But it brought it's cutesy gaze back to Zamael and remarked...

"The Light. That wonderful glow that brings life back to those locked in stone. You do have it, that much I can see. You have it with you somewhere. Do you know where?"

The rest of the animals looked at Zamael, eagerly anticipating an answer.

Zamael
09-26-2008, 11:30 PM
(Zamael's "slightly creepy" radar began to go off.)

Zamael looked at the rabbit a bit warily. "I'm not sure I understand. Why do you need to know?"

Ryvius
10-27-2008, 04:02 PM
Ryvius couldn't contain herself anymore and told Zamael in a coy yet condescending way...

"Zamael. The light they are talking about is located in the center of our being. Half in you, half in me."

When she said that, all of the animals looked at her, then at both her and Zamael, before they all said in unison...

:) "Oooooooooooohhhhhhh."

Then the bunny tugged Zamael again and said...

"That means you're looking for The Gatekeeper. But you're scared, I think. You can't win if you're scared."

Ryvius got quiet for a second before she cleared her throat and remarked to the bunny...

"Show us where this Gatekeeper is then."

Zamael
10-27-2008, 08:38 PM
Zamael was unsure why half of this "light" would be in both him and Ryvvius. The fact that they were somehow connected was beginning to be a source of annoyance to him. But, the light, apparently, had a short tolerance for annoyance and Zamael felt the annoyance being washed away and that boundless goodwill and confidence he had been feeling filled up the place the annoyance had occupied.
"Gatekeeper..." He muttered in contemplation. The rabbit's words assumption that he was scared was ignored as the wave that had swept away his annoyance of Ryvvius also swept away his annoyance and suspicion of the rabbit.

((And I see that I have a PM from you, Mil, but for some reason I can't read it... o_o; I don't know why.))

Ryvius
10-28-2008, 07:00 PM
((Hmm. I'll have to ask Jas what's up with that. Speaking of, he's coming back to the SL as well with an added twist. Stay tuned. The PM was just seeing if we're still going through with Eden as the story isn't finished yet by a longshot. there's still a bunch of creepy stuff that's gotta come out.))

As the bunny started hopping and leading the way, the rest of the animals followed behind Zamael and Ryvius like a massive Verizon entourage. They didn't say much except for the ocassional growl from a badger that stared at Zamael's feet like it was a juicy morsel that needed to be gnawed. Through the forest they went as trees started parting in certain places to allow them safe journey.

But all of a sudden... the bunny stopped.

It held it's paw up to everybody, which made the animals a little nervous. Ryvius raised an eyebrow at the bunny and spoke up first...

"What is the matter?"

The bunny slowly turned around to face her and said in a low and cautious whisper...

"I think Charlie is out there."

Jason Sanborn
10-28-2008, 09:05 PM
((Yup. Plotting is afoot. Be afraid. Be very afraid. :twisted: As for the PM, are you having trouble with all your PM's, or just the one? Mil, can you open it in your PM box to edit it and resend it? Send me a PM with more info (if you can send PM messages), and I'll see what I can do. Best thing I can say, though, is Mil, resend the PM. :P ;)))

Ryvius
11-03-2008, 10:36 AM
Ryvius cast a perplexed look on her face and leaned toward Zamael to ask...

:eh: "Okay. But now I have just one question. Do you know who Charlie is?"

Zamael
11-05-2008, 05:41 AM
A smile tried to quirk it's way onto Zamael's face, but he merely shook his head and answered, "No."

Ryvius
11-25-2008, 02:42 PM
The bunny tried to hush them some more as he looked over the horizon. He tried to explain in his next whisper...

"Charlie is a phantom created out of moss, grass and malice. A demon that returned to feed off of the current fears in all of our hearts. Some say it has no name. Others say it's name is undecipherable. No one knows for sure, but what we can all agree on is that when hope rises in one's heart, Charlie is there to rip it from you with his razor sharp teeth. With your arrival here, all of our hopes are lifted, making it a beacon for him to come after us."

The bunny looked outwards some more to be sure that Charlie wasn't out there. When he seemed sure that the coast was clear, he waved his hands to them all and said...

"Let's hurry on before he catches on."

He hopped forward through the thicket of forest. Ryvius followed behind but commented to Zamael...

"How pathetic. To think that this "Charlie" could even begin to bring fear to either of us."

AMP
11-27-2008, 08:54 AM
They all soon came to a clearing in the woods about two acres wide. In the center of this clearing was a grassy hill with what appeared to be two simply gray gravestones at the apex standing side by side. With this clearing, they were able to see the sky which had turned ominous with dark clouds and purple lightning circling around like brazen vultures. There was even a hint of a violin playing a decrepid dirge all around them. All of the animals stopped at the very treeline and stayed there while the bunny said to Zamael and Ryvius...

"We are arrived. The Gatekeeper can be found at the top of the hill. A word of advice... speak to the dead. They will answer you. Be well. We will wait for whoever returns."

Ryvius
11-27-2008, 09:02 AM
"What are we waiting for. Let us go forth."

Ryvius haughtily started walking out into the open towards the hill ahead of Zamael.

Zamael
12-05-2008, 10:49 PM
((got lost for a while. Heh heh! ^^; I will answer when I have a bit more time. ^^ ))

Zamael
12-06-2008, 03:25 PM
Zamael was not so quick to follow her after such a comment from the rabbit. "Speak to the dead?? Wait--" He noticed quickly that Ryvvius was entering the clearing and ignoring him. With some reluctance, he followed after her, quickening his pace to catch up.
"This 'Charlie' sounds like he could be a problem," he said as he caught up to her. It struck him as funny that mere hours before, Charlie could probably not have fixed on him for all the despair and hopelessness in his heart, but, now, after receiving his "birthright" Zamael was filled with surity and the goodwill and hope that came with it. He felt unflappable and downright arrogant. 'Hope' was a fragile thing compared to the feeling he had attained and he wondered if, to Charlie, he would be an irresistible target.

Zamael
02-06-2009, 10:15 AM
((bumping this. I is alive!))

Millennium
03-02-2009, 04:03 PM
((Thanks Manekochan. Been busy with my move but I'm finally getting back to posting little bit by little bit. Should be putting something up here pretty soon.))

Zamael
03-18-2009, 11:45 AM
((S'okay. ^_^ ))

Millennium
03-24-2009, 02:41 PM
((With Jas coming back to the fold also, we're almost set to start this back up.))

Quaxo9
03-24-2009, 02:52 PM
((Alright, I'll do my best to chip in and do my share for this leg of the journey. Any particular point in time I should bring in our Illustrious Queen?))

Millennium
03-25-2009, 07:08 AM
((The Queen's back too? 8) YAY!! Cool, give me another day and I can catch everybody back up on suggestions on how we can all proceed.))

Jason Sanborn
03-25-2009, 09:50 AM
((No problem! :D))

Zamael
04-15-2009, 05:41 AM
((dance dance)) :yay:

Zamael
07-23-2009, 11:54 PM
((I dropped off the face of the planet for a while. Anybody still game? I'm missing this.))

Jason Sanborn
07-24-2009, 10:38 AM
((Mil's been out of the picture, due to RL, and my posting has slowed considerably. I do miss this SL, though.))

Quaxo9
07-24-2009, 07:05 PM
((Would be nice to finish this up, eh? I'm almost done the thesis - really - so I should have some time freeing up in the near future.))

Zamael
02-13-2010, 10:24 AM
((Just checking back in. ^^))

Jason Sanborn
02-13-2010, 08:15 PM
((Good to see you Maneko. :)))

Millennium
03-01-2010, 04:54 PM
((I guess I should check in also. http://quarrelsandquills.com/forums/images/smilies/cool1.gif))

Quaxo9
03-01-2010, 07:42 PM
((Wow, how'd I miss you maneko? Yeah, I'm around. What's one more... >_< Hey Mil! :D ))

Jason Sanborn
03-02-2010, 09:47 AM
((I'm here! Hello to Mil, Maneko, and Q9! :D))

Zamael
01-19-2013, 12:54 PM
((I reread everything in here over the past few days... Does anyone have an inclination to start this up again? Give ourselves an ending of some sort? :) ))

Quaxo9
01-19-2013, 02:03 PM
((Hey you! Long time no see! I'm around, but Jason and Mil only peek in periodically. I'll bet if you PM him, Mil would have more incentive to come around. ;) HA is online a lot more too, so you never know! It would be good to have some closure... Good to see you, at any rate!))

Honor's Angel
01-19-2013, 03:42 PM
((Hi! It's great to see you. :) I'd be up to helping bring closure to this story. Granted it's been literally years since I've read or been a part of Eden. So I have absolutely no idea what my character was up to, but count me in. :) ))

Zamael
01-19-2013, 06:31 PM
((I PMed him earlier today. I saw that he'd been on in the past month so I figured I'd give it a while. :) Decided to pop over here, too just in case anyone else saw it and was like, "Eden?!? WHO HAS BUMPED THAT THREAD AND WHY?!? I MUST KNOW!!!" Even if we don't start it up or finish it off, it might be fun to have everyone talk about what they had wanted to happen in the end. Kind of an epilogue.))

((Hi, Angel! ^_^ It's nice to see you, too! :D I don't remember where you were in the story at the end. ^^; There are a couple of threads I skipped this time around. Mil had so much stuff going on that I was just sticking to the threads I had been active in. o_o; It's awesome to see interest in continuing the story, though! ^_^ ))

Honor's Angel
01-20-2013, 07:54 AM
((Thinking back, I think Angel left Eden after she and Mil broke up and went to the Saber Vortex with their kids. I think my long term plan was for her to return to Eden after they got back together but it never happened. I know she and Mil made up before everything died off.))

Sojourn
01-20-2013, 03:14 PM
((Hey stranger. :) I wasn't actually involved in this story if I remember right, but if you guys really want to start it up, I'll help. I miss my old CG characters. It'd be fun to play one or two again. :) ))

Zamael
01-21-2013, 03:36 PM
((Maybe we can get something going. It was fun to re-read everything. I do it every year or so even if I don't usually post. ^^; ))

Honor's Angel
01-22-2013, 04:02 AM
((I think we can too. We'll just have to start posting with characters. :) ))