PDA

View Full Version : IC Narnia: Rise of the Telmarines

Pages : [1] 2

Jason Sanborn
02-12-2009, 11:40 AM
Beruna Town: January 1, 2000: Early Morning

Are you ready, M'Lord?

Asked a man dressed in finely woven garments as he approached his liege from behind.

Caspian the Conqueror stood looking out the window. He wore a ceremonial chain armor with a purple and silver tunic. The sun outside shown on a light covering of snow on the ground below. In just a few hours, when the sun was high in the sky, he would be crowned Caspian the First, King of all Narnia and Ruler of the Telmarines.

I am. Have the troops secured Beruna from any unwanted guests?

Caspian stated, without turning around.

The troops are ready. Should there be any beasts foolish enough to try to attack us on this glorious day, they shall be cut down like those before them.

Good. For your sake, I'd hate to see my day be spoiled.

Caspian glanced back at his aide as he spoke those last words. His aide paled slightly and swallowed hard, knowing full well what Caspian meant by those words.

I'll just go and tend to the rest of the preparations.

You do that.

The aide hurried out of the room to finalize the preparations for the coronation ceremony, and Caspian turned to look out the window once more. The land was his, and soon, the title would follow. All his dreams were becoming a reality.

Jason Sanborn
02-12-2009, 11:59 AM
Dancing Woods, Southeast of Beruna Town: January 1, 2000: Mid-Morning

A number of Aslan's followers gathered in the Dancing Woods, Southeast of Beruna Town.

Caspian is being crowned king today.

A majestic white unicorn informed the other Narnians.

Proclaiming himself king of Narnia? Where's Aslan? Why hasn't he stopped this?

Cried a fawn nearest the unicorn, putting his head into his hands.

Aslan left Narnia when the Kings and Queens of Old departed centuries ago.

Why have you gathered us, Unicorn? Just to give us more bad news?

Said a deep voiced centaur, moving through the crowds toward the Unicorn.

Yes, Aslan has left. We spent ages fighting the White Witches followers, and two years fighting the Telmarines. Are you trying to dash all hope?

No. I'm trying to give us hope, and a chance to survive. With his coronation, all the Telmarines will be in their town. We can besiege their town, kill their king, and return the lands to the Narnians.

Whoo. Be careful of what you say.

Hooted an owl from the trees above.

Whoo. I flew past their city. Whoo. Their troops are on guard and still strong. Whoo. An attack could easily turn against us.

And you would have us remain in hiding, Owl? This may be our best chance to strike back against our enemy. Our only chance to survive. Aslan has left, so it is up to us.

I agree with the Unicorn. Better to die fighting our enemies, than to live in hiding, in fear of death.

Those who wish to fight follow me. If you wish to remain in hiding, or stay with your families, there will be nothing held against you.

The unicorn began to walk past where the owl was. The owl spoke one last time as many of the Narnians followed the unicorn.

Whoo. Beware of your pride, Unicorn and Centaur. Whoo. It may kill you and many other Narnians.

With that, the owl flew out of the tree, opposite from where Aslan's followers were marching.

Jason Sanborn
02-12-2009, 12:03 PM
Woods North of Beruna Town: January 1, 2000: Late Morning

In the woods north of Beruna Town, followers of the White Witch have gathered together.

Caspian the Conqueror is being crowned king today. All the Telmarines will be in their city today, ripe for the picking.

Said one of the Black Dwarves. A screech from a raven could be heard on the trees above, before the raven replied.

I have spied the town from above. The Telmarine armies still stand guard. They are mighty.

White Witch smiles. She made snow.

Replied a large cyclops, swinging his club at the tree the raven was sitting in. The raven cawed and flew off the branch he was sitting on. Snow from the tree fell on several of the gathered Narnians, including the cyclops who hit the tree, and the dwarf who first spoke. The raven screeched at the cyclops.

Idiot! Watch where you swing that thing!

A few of the others who were pelted with the snow voiced similar complaints as the raven took his place back on the branch.

I is sorry.

The cyclops said. This was followed by the black dwarf once more.

Regardless, I think our dimwitted friend is correct. The Telmarines are preoccupied, and the White Witch has caused snow to fall. I have consulted with some hags, and they agree. Now is the time to strike. Yes, they have their armies, but this time, the battle is on our side, and those armies will fall before us.

The dwarf raised his battle axe defiantly and shouted a war cry. The war cry was sounded by several others in the woods, along with the howls of wolves, and cries of several birds of prey. Today would be their day, and they will have Narnia once more, like they did when the White Witch ruled from her palace.

Jason Sanborn
02-12-2009, 12:40 PM
Beruna Town: January 1, 2000: Mid-day

The winter air was cold. Traces of snow could be seen in corners and on rooftops in Beruna Town. Remnants from a light snowfall the night before. It was just moments away from the coronation ceremony, and the entire town was buzzing with activity and excitement. Few people took notice of the large mice scurrying between feet and merchant booths. Those that did notice them, shooed them away or attempted to crush them, with no success. No one realized that the mice were followers of Aslan, scouting the town and looking for ways to aid the other Narnians in battle.

There was one that did notice the mice, though. Circling high above the town was the raven of the White Witch's followers. Likewise, the mice took notice of the raven flying above. Both sides had a common enemy in Caspian and the Telmarines, but the mice wondered if that would be enough for the White Witch's followers. As soon as the coronation ceremony began, the raven flew to the north, while the mice scurried quickly to the southeast.

Telmarines, you have been gathered here to bear witness to the crowing of your new king.

Applause and cheers quickly erupted among the crowds as Caspian walked onto the balcony behind the aide. The aide picked up a crown and turned to face Caspian.

My liege. Here is your crown.

The aide put the crown on Caspian's head. More applause and cheers erupted seeing this. The aide turned and held up his hands to silence the crowd.

Telmarines, I present to you your king. King Caspian the First, King of the Telmarines and King of Narnia.

Louder cheers and applause rang through the town as King Caspian stepped towards the edge of the balcony. He waved his hand as if greeting. As he did, he spoke to his aide. Due to the noise, only the two could hear each other.

No uninvited guests?

None, Your Majesty.

Majesty. I like the sound of that.

Caspian stopped waving and turned to walk off the balcony, beckoning his aide to follow him.

Let's prepare the feasts. I believe our "guests" will be arriving shortly.

Jason Sanborn
02-12-2009, 01:09 PM
Beruna Region: January 1, 2000: Afternoon into Evening

The raven and the mice returned to their respective camps informing their leaders of what they had spied out. The followers of Aslan saw this as a fortunate circumstance, but wondered if they could trust the followers of the White Witch. That mistrust was well placed, though, as when the followers of the White Witch heard about the followers of Aslan, they saw it as further indication of the White Witch's blessings. They'd be able to destroy the Telmarines and the followers of Aslan in the same glorious battle.

Each side rallied their troops and marched toward Beruna: the followers of the White Witch from the north, and the followers of Aslan from the southeast. As this was happening, there was much reveling in the city of Beruna. At least among the citizens. The armies and leaders were on guard and alert, so when the Narnians arrived from both directions, they were prepared. Word spread from the borders of the town, to Caspian's aide, who rushed nervously to Caspian's place at the table.

Your Majesty. Narnians are approaching from the north and the southeast.

Caspian grinned.

I wondered when they'd arrive.

Your Majesty?

The aide asked confused.

I knew my coronation would smoke them out of their holes. Now it is time to finish the job I started two years ago.

Caspian stood to his feet and shouted for all those to hear.

Today, I have been crowned your king! Now, as your king, I shall destroy the Narnians that dare to rise up against us, and serve up their flesh as part of our feast!

Caspian held up his cup of wine and cheers rang through the town. As the cheers reached the ears of the Telmarine soldiers, the soldiers rushed out to face their enemies. The followers of the White Witch and the followers of Aslan had expected an easy victory. They had hoped for troops drunk with wine, but found seasoned soldiers ready for battle. They had hoped to find a town asleep, but only found a trap laid by a cunning adversary. An adversary who was eating, drinking, and being merry inside the town, while his troops slaughtered the Narnians.

As evening approached, the Narnians that survived scatted in all directions. Many were cut down as they fled, but several, on both sides, managed to make it to safety, to lick their wounds. As Caspian had proclaimed, the bodies of the fallen Narnians were gathered up and taken into the town. They became part of the feast that went well into the night.

Cyberwing
02-12-2009, 05:28 PM
The green leaves were budding forth their new life as spring flowers laden with heavenly fragrances reached for the warm sun. Mariah looked out of the hidden entrance to her home and smiled. The waterfall by her doorway was running full, filled with the thawing snows from the higher elevations. The cautious filly emerged into the glorious spring morning, ready to take a brisk run around the forest and visit her friends.

Today she decided she would visit the Owl and see if he had any news of what had gone on this winter. Mariah had been very industrious and harvested enough food through last summer storing it carefully in her cave to last her through the winter. That gave her time to pen new music and stay cozily away from sight through the heavy snows. She only ventured out a few times to enjoy a romp in the snow and to hunt.

Mariah lived where she and her sire had lived after her mother disappeared several years before. Her sire had come down with a lung ailment two winters ago. He died that summer and Mariah had been alone now for a year and a half. She did not like it in the least but she knew no one else around and feared going out to meet others. She had a group of friends that came to visit sometimes in the summer but they lived with a nomadic herd and she usually saw them in the summertime.

The Telmarines were said to kill her kind or worse yet some were made into slaves in the cities... A fate she feared more than death. Also the trees told her that her coloring was rare even for a Centaurian. So she feared the Telmarines and used her stealthy swiftness and intelligence to avoid them. Also the denizens of the White Witch were said to hunt her kind as well. So Mariah lived in fear of those she did not know. Many years ago now she and some of her friends had outrun a Minotaur hunting party. She wanted no repeat of that!

The trees told her she was exceptionally lovely for a Centaur or even for a tree spirit! Mariah laughed and decided they were teasing her but she loved them anyway for saying such kind things. She was very lonely though. She had only seen most other Centaurs from a distance for many years now, only her friends were left and she had not seen them since her father died. Her father had taken them to this hidden glade to await the return of Aslan, he said. ‘Aslan will come again, some day.’ Mariah was longing for companionship but refused to leave her parents. That is until the death of her father; by then she found she was too fearful to try to journey out on her own and her friends had not come to visit since he died. So she stayed in her hidden glade by the waterfall, sang and frolicked among the trees and surrounding forest. She worked on harvesting herbs and food for the winter and it kept her busy.

Her skillfully woven white halter top was light and moved with her as she jumped and ran. When she was running she almost resembled her friends the tree spirits she looked so ephemeral and airy; as if she would disappear any moment. Her long golden hair hung to her equine chest and often she plaited flowers into her hair.

Her staff could grow on both ends to become a formidable weapon but most of the time resembled a mere walking stick. It had been a gift of the trees to her that she treasured. She had been forced to defend herself from a Telmarine once with it. She knocked him off of a cliff into the river. She knew not what happened to him after that, merely that he was gone and she was glad of it! She remained wary and vigilant in her forest and was always alerted by the trees when Telmarines were nearby so most of the time they never even caught a glimpse of Mariah. Like her namesake; the wind, sometimes they would hear her but never be able to pin her down.

Lairston
02-12-2009, 05:46 PM
Boris stood there with his arms folded and rolling his eyes as Jenson continued with his speel."We need to do something to stop Caspian once and for all." He's been giving this speech daily and it was growing old. Boris could take it no more.

"Did you not see what happened last winter? They were cut down if they didn't flee. We need to get a plan that works. Not go off like a bull."

It was the first time that Boris rebuffed him in all the weeks of listening to this. There gasps as the strong centaur glared at Jenson.

"Are you a traitor? Do you work for Caspia?"

"Oh please. I don't need this. I'm a realist. We have to plan or we all die."

Cyberwing
02-12-2009, 06:41 PM
Mariah moved cautiously through the trees to the Owl's nest.
"Honorable Owl? What has happened since I saw you last? Have you any news?" Mariah asked respectfully.

Lairston
02-12-2009, 07:03 PM
A white lamb appeared from the bushes when she heard the question asked by Mariah. "Yes Wise Owl, what has happened? Is there anything good?"

Tigers
02-12-2009, 07:35 PM
Adara had been but a cub when Caspia had attacked Cair Paravel. It was a beautiful place full of memories and stories of the Kings and Queens of Old but especially stories of Aslan. Now she could only wander the ruins with a sad reverence as this once great and majestic place had been turned into a mound of dust and rubble. As a cub, Adara secretly wished that Aslan would suddenly appear and now a few years older the desire had only increased within her.

She had spent the winter up near the ruins. Many of her kind had been dead, or in hiding after the attack from Caspia. Aslan had been gone for so long, along with the Kings and Queens of Cair Paravel that many of her kind had begun to forget how to talk. She herself struggled with speech, drawn toward the more feral tendencies of her species. But Adara held out for hope, hope that Asland would return and restore Narnia to the way it should be. As winter left the land and spring began to replace the old with the hope of something new, Adara journeyed toward the Dancing Woods.

Cyberwing
02-13-2009, 06:35 AM
As the Owl told Mariah of the attack and subsequent slaughter of so many Narnians by the Telmarines, the Centaur felt her knees go weak and her stomach lurched uncomfortably. As the Owl described the Telmarines feasting on the flesh of the fallen, Mariah wept openly.
"Tell me no more friend Owl, my heart can bear no more..." Mariah turned, trotting away to her woods to seek solace among her friends.

Lairston
02-13-2009, 06:52 AM
The lamb weeped as the Owl told his story. "Oh its terrible. Positively terrible what has happened." The lamb walked away head slumped and dejected went back into the bushes.

Boris tired of Jenson has walked deeper into the woods to seek solitude. He looked for a nice shady tree and has found one and is leaning against it muttering to himself, "Accuse me of being a traitor. Who does he think he is?" He folded his arms and just grumbled about the destruction of all Narnia if Caspian isn't stopped with a well thought out plan.

Cyberwing
02-13-2009, 07:26 AM
The sun was just peeking through the trees, the early morning dew still heavy on the grasses as Mariah arrived in her forest to weep. The wind rose around her as if grieving that her heart was so heavy. She embraced Grandfather Oak and wept sorrowfully.

Jason Sanborn
02-13-2009, 11:15 AM
Elmus

In the cold of winter, at the changing of the year, the young fawn, Elmus, stood among the Narnians speaking of attacking Caspian and his Telmarines during his coronation. The Telmarines had killed his brothers during the summer, and Elmus could feel anger burning inside of him. Elmus had never experienced anger before this morning, and probably never will again, because what he saw that day would never leave his mind.

Elmus followed the Narnians into battle, but wasn't a warrior himself. He was a singer and a dancer. As such, he stayed in the back, playing his lute, and giving strength to the Narnians to fight the Telmarines. His anger came through the lute and spread among the Narnians. His determination gave additional determination to those who were to battle the Telmarines. Unfortunately, it would not be enough to save them.

As the battle turned against them, Elmus fled from the massacre, escaping back into the Dancing Woods. Fear and humiliation accompanied him as he fled. Owl was right, and the attack was a mistake. Elmus ran through the woods in tears. He ran towards a familiar cypress tree, and grabbed hold of its trunk weeping. It was the cypress tree of his love, the nymph, Sylvie.

Since that time, Elmus has scarcely left the cypress tree, waiting for the spring when Sylvie would emerge once more. He sat beneath her branches playing his lute. Those who heard would feel the sadness that Elmus was feeling, as he expressed it through the music.

As winter turned into spring, Elmus began to gather berries to eat, but still remained by Sylvie's cypress tree. He wondered why she hadn't come out from her tree yet. Spring was here, and she wasn't. He waited by the tree, playing his song, waiting for his love to emerge from her tree.

Cyberwing
02-13-2009, 11:25 AM
Mariah raised her tear-stained face from the oak bark. Her hearts sorrow was poured into a soft song and she began to warily move back toward her home. She was looking for the enemy and every movement frightened her. Her soft song was more to give herself the strength to move, she was almost rigid with fear. So many of her kind had died...were there any left?

Tigers
02-13-2009, 11:27 AM
Adara had crept quietly through the woods away from Cair Paravel on her journey toward the Dancing Woods. Her keen ears picked up the weeping of a female voice. Curiosity moved her toward the sorrowful sound. She moved stealthily through the woods toward the source, always cautious of her surroundings. Through a break in the trees a ray of sunlight shone through and down upon a Centaur woman, weeping against an ancient oak. The centaur began to move, and her voice gave way to a sad song. Adara was overcome by curiosity.

"Why do you cry so, what makes your heart sing so sadly?" Adara asked from a safe distance away. Her voice was sweet and mixed with a gently purring.

Lairston
02-13-2009, 11:28 AM
Boris sighed and started walking toward Cair Paravel. He was tired of listening to the nonsense spieled by those that were clueless and were just going to repeat the dumb move of last winter. Maybe those at Cair Paravel will be more sane then these fools at the Table.

As he walked he heard a song being sung. He stopped and listened. "Elmus?" He mumbled.

He kept going and then saw Elmus. "Elmus! I'm on my way to Cair Paravel. Do you want to come with me? I could use a sane traveling partner after today."

Jason Sanborn
02-13-2009, 11:33 AM
Elmus

Elmus pulled the lute away from his lips and looked up at Boris.

Boris? I thought you died in battle.

Elmus looked back at the cypress tree he was sitting against.

I dunno. Sylvie hasn't come out of her cypress.

Lairston
02-13-2009, 11:38 AM
"No I didn't die in the foolish battle. They never had a chance. They should have listened to owl." Boris snorted at the foolish expedition and shook his head.

"Maybe she has already come and left the tree."

He was unaware that he had not left the tree for a long time.

Jason Sanborn
02-13-2009, 11:47 AM
Elmus

Elmus looked down, fiddling with the lute that he held in his hands.

I've been waiting here since that evil day. She went to sleep when winter began, but didn't awaken when spring returned.

Elmus looked up at Boris once more.

What do you hope to find at Cair Paravel?

Lairston
02-13-2009, 11:54 AM
"Oh I didn't know how long you waited. I am hoping to find some that are actually putting thought into planning the the battle against Caspian instead of wrecklessness."

Cyberwing
02-13-2009, 12:20 PM
Mariah tensed and startled forward, her song stopped. "W...who are you? What do you want?" she whispered fearfully. She looked nervously from right to left then all around herself, her eyes hastily scanning for the enemy. She had her staff... her bow was left behind. Mariah's heart pounded wildly.

Tigers
02-13-2009, 12:41 PM
Adara stood perfectly still. Her eyes dilated by Mariah's movements. There were parts of her that were becoming too feral and she had to snap herself from its pull into darkness. She had to remember Aslan, that was her purpose for everything.

Slowly as not to frighten the Centaur any more, Adara came into view. She lay down and her voice was soft and sometimes hard to understand.

"I am Adara." "I heard your weeping and then the sad song of your heart." "I was curious, so I followed the sounds."

She paused and then spoke again.

"Do you weep because Aslan has not returned?"

Cyberwing
02-13-2009, 12:51 PM
"Yes... partly because I miss Aslan so much. I want to know him as my sire did. He fought along side Aslan and King Peter. But mostly I weep for the hideous news of these invaders and the terrible evil they have wrought upon us. Did you hear of the battle fought this winter at Beruna. Many of my kind perished..." Mariah answered. "Your speech is strained... have you lost hope of Aslan returning too?"

Tigers
02-13-2009, 01:00 PM
Adara sighed, and she lay lower to the ground.

"No, I had not. I spend most of my time up at the ruins of Cair Paravel. I was but a cub when they attacked. It was were I was born, and I have found it difficult to leave."

Adara's eyes fell to the floor. She was ashamed that her speech had become so garbled lately.

"Hope is all I have." "My family is gone and each day that passes I loose another of my kind to the wild."

Cyberwing
02-13-2009, 01:14 PM
Mariah nodded. "Yes, I had heard many of the noble cats had become feral. Some are even said to hunt my kind for food. It is hard without Aslan. I never knew him personally but I believe in him. I believe he will return. I believe in the prophecies that the Kings and Queens of Old will return. Maybe its silly but I do believe it."

"What is Cair Paravel like? I should love to see it someday... but I fear to leave the safety of my home." Mariah whispered.

Lairston
02-13-2009, 01:26 PM
Palsen and Hendri had their bows ready. Jade and Gramm were also scowering the woods but they were not with them at the moment. They knew there was a female Centaur in these Owl Woods and they were trying to find signs of her. The news had spread far and wide about her. She was always in this area and they knew King Caspian would pay a hefty bounty for her dead. And they might even get to keep her as a trophy.

"Hendri, here be her footy prints."

"I see that dumbell. Now be quiet."

"Why do we be needeing to be quiet Hendri?

"Because she'll hear us you idiot. Now shut up."

"Well ye should be quiet yerself."

Hendri just groaned. And followed the prints.

"A feline too. Oh this is going to be a good bounty Palsen"

Tigers
02-13-2009, 01:29 PM
Adara's tail curled up along side her body. She had no intentions of moving from her spot, she was perfectly comfortable and she did not want to frighten Mariah.

"I am sorry that my kind has taken to hunting yours." "It was not like this long ago." "So much has changed since Aslan left."

"Did you know that my mother was a white tiger?" "It was her kind that fought along side the white witch." "That's how much change Aslan had brought to Narnia."

Adara's took on a dream like quality as she thought about Cair Paravel.

"Cair Paravel was a beautiful place." "The castle sat on the edge of a cliff face over looking the sea." "Words can not do it justice I'm afraid, and now because of our new enemy it lies in ruins."

Cyberwing
02-13-2009, 01:50 PM
Mariah's head turned quickly as she heard the Telmarine voices. She held her finger up to her lips to Adara and began to stealthily move back toward her home. She and Adara could hide there. The hidden entrance had fooled more than one set of hunters.

Tigers
02-13-2009, 01:52 PM
The hunters were down wind of Adara's ability to smell them, but she had heard them about the same time that Mariah had signaled for her to be quiet. She moved with the quiet grace of her species and followed Mariah.

Cyberwing
02-13-2009, 01:57 PM
The path to her home did not leave tracks. She was headed that way when other party could be heard ahead of them. Mariah froze in terror, her muscles trembling.

Lairston
02-13-2009, 02:02 PM
Palsen and Hendri walked into the area that the two had just vacated.

"These be fresh"

"I see that. That 20,000 for her is as good as ours."

"Can you be imagining what we can do with that?

"In my dreams all the time."

They followed the tracks ever closer to the hiding spot until the tracks disappeared.

"What happened?"

"They heard you you idiot."

"Aw does mean no $20,000 for the female Centaur."

"Not unless we find where she and the feline are hiding."

They started scowering the area,

Soon Jade and Gramm appeared and they joined in the search for the hidden hideway. Jade was very close to the opening. If she just found the right spot to touch....

Tigers
02-13-2009, 02:20 PM
Adara caught the scent of Jade and Gramm just as Mariah froze. They seemed to be trapped between the two parties, and the two ahead of them were obviously close to where they needed to go. The question was, how were they going to get by them?

Adara moved past Mariah, her body posed in a way that suggested she were stalking prey. If she could get the two before the others reached them, then perhaps they could disappear safely. Adara took off at a run and leapt in the air, knocking Jade over as she gave lunged for Gramm.

She reached for his throat as she gave a mighty roar, crushing the man's vocal cords in her teeth. She dropped the dead man as she hit the floor and pivoted on her heels and an incredible rate and lunged for Jade. It was a pity that a woman would join such evil deeds of men. She would pay with her life as Adara swiped with her paw, knocking Jade down and crushing her throat between her teeth.

Lairston
02-13-2009, 02:30 PM
Just as she finished off Jade, Hendri came into view and raised his bow and shot her in the shoulder.

"They got Jade and Gramm, Palsen. We need to get them fast."

"Hendri, that be the Centaur right behind the Tiger. Its the one the king wants captured not the bounty of 20,000 but the 50,000."

"How do you know?

"The gold! Look at the gold.

"Oh yeah. Well the Tiger doesn't get that."

Arrows flew for the injured Adara again. Her speed was unbelievable. Hendri eyes widened as the arrows missed and seeing that she was going to get him if he didn't he ran the other direction.

Palsen couldn't believe it. But he grinned because he wouldn't have to split the money. He raised his bow at the charging Adara.

Jason Sanborn
02-13-2009, 02:42 PM
"Oh I didn't know how long you waited. I am hoping to find some that are actually putting thought into planning the the battle against Caspian instead of wrecklessness."
Elmus

Battling Caspian?

Elmus stood to his feet.

How many more Narnians must die in battles that cannot be won?

Elmus wasn't angry, he was sad, and the anguish in his voice could clearly be heard by Boris. He paused, and turned to face the cypress tree and ran his hand gently along the bark.

Beasts are turning dumb. Trees are falling asleep. Even the nymphs and dryads aren't emerging from their trees and streams. What else is there to do?

As he asked that, he heard the roar of a tiger. He turned and looked off in the direction of the sound.

That roar didn't sound friendly.

Lairston
02-13-2009, 02:55 PM
"I am not optimistic of finding success in battle either. I have just been called a traitor because of it. That is why I'm leaving..." He sighed. "I don't know why these things are happening but they are."

His head whipped around at the sound of the Tiger, "No it definitely was not friendly."

Tigers
02-13-2009, 03:01 PM
The arrow hit Adara in the shoulder and she let out a cry of pain. She turned to see the other two hunters had already caught up to them. She focused on the one who had shot her and as she sped toward him, the arrow tore at her flesh causing her great pain. It was easier to let him run and try for the one that had remained. She was hurt and angered and she bore down on Palsen with all of her rage and pain. His arrow flew grazing her side as she managed to use her powerful hind legs to jump up on the hunter knocking him to the ground and finishing him off just like the others.

Adara let out a heavy sigh, her adrenaline was rushing through her body but the pain in her shoulder caused her to lie down next to the dead Palsen instead of giving chase to the other hunter. She had been too young when Cair Paravel had been destroyed to participate in its defense so this had been her first human kill.

Jason Sanborn
02-13-2009, 03:19 PM
Elmus

Elmus heard the second sound, this one was different than before, somehow. Like a roar of pain instead of a roar of attack. He backed against the cypress tree, spreading his arms against it, as if protecting it from harm.

What do you suppose it is? Dumb beast attacking Narnians?

Lairston
02-13-2009, 03:25 PM
Boris just frowned and looked off in the distance as if he was trying to see it himself. "Maybe. Or it could be a beast being put out of its misery after it attacked Narnians."

He started to walk toward the sound and stopped and listened. There wasn't any more noise.

"Whatever it was, it appears to be done.

"

Tigers
02-14-2009, 05:54 AM
Adara could smell the blood on her paws and whiskers, she could taste it in her mouth. She could also feel the warmth of her own blood running along her side and shoulder. Survival instinct was strong and she had an incredible desire to want to crawl deep into the forest to hide and lick her wounds. Instead she laid her head on her front paws and didn't move.

Cyberwing
02-14-2009, 09:09 AM
Horrified by what she witnessed, Mariah had merely frozen. She would have been easy prey for the hunters if not for Adara. 'A bounty? The King had offered money for her to be killed? What had she done to this King?' Mariah was in shock, her heart was overwhelmed with terror and fear... She was immobilized as Adara bravely killed the last Telmarine hunter.

Slowly she came to her senses and realized Adara was hurt. That alone spurred Mariah into action. She disappeared into her home and grabbed several herbs she would need along with bandages.

Quickly she dashed back out to find Adara panting, lying down next to the last Telmarine hunter.

"Adara? It's me Mariah, let me dress your wounds..."

Tigers
02-14-2009, 09:18 AM
Adara glanced up at Mariah, she seemed disoriented and couldn't remember where she was.

"Must leave..." She said between breaths. "Not safe."

Cyberwing
02-14-2009, 09:51 AM
Mariah pursed her lips but continued dressing the wounds. "Are you sure? They didn't find the entrance to my home..." Mariah replied softly as she worked.

Tigers
02-14-2009, 09:57 AM
Adara tried to brace herself as Mariah tended to her wounds.

"Can you pull the arrow out?"

She glanced at Mariah and replied sadly.

"Yes, we must leave." "It is not safe." "One of the hunters got away."

Cyberwing
02-14-2009, 10:17 AM
"I'm going to numb the area so I can cut the arrow out. If I try to pull it out it will do far too much damage. You are a very rare coloring like me aren't you?" Mariah asked trying to take Adara' s mind off of the arrow. Mariah worked the numbing liquid into the wound.

"Now you will feel a tug as I cut this out." Mariah warned Adara. With her exceptionally sharp knife she cut along the barbs so she could back the arrow out with minimal tearing of the Tiger's flesh.

"So you think they will come back?" Mariah asked.

Tigers
02-14-2009, 02:05 PM
Adara tried to keep from growling or bare her teeth at Mariah as she worked on her wound. She'd never been injured before and her instinct to protect herself was strong. She could tell the centaur was trying to be as loving and delicate as possible.

"Yes, I am." "Although I am not sure why, my brother's were reddish orange and the other white." "I suppose I couldn't make up my mind as to who I should resemble." Adara said slightly amused, trying to forget about the pain.

She nodded her head and gritted her teeth as Mariah cut into her flesh to remove the arrow head. Again she tried not to growl at the pain. There was a big relief in her pain level as the centaur pulled out the the arrow and Adara found herself licking Mariah's hand and purring with gratitude.

"Thank you."
"Yes, I would." She responded to Mariah's question about the hunter.
"He is a predator, like me." "He will come back where he has found the hunting to be favorable." "I'm sorry Mariah, but I do not think it is safe for us to stay."

Jason Sanborn
02-14-2009, 02:19 PM
Boris just frowned and looked off in the distance as if he was trying to see it himself. "Maybe. Or it could be a beast being put out of its misery after it attacked Narnians."

He started to walk toward the sound and stopped and listened. There wasn't any more noise.

"Whatever it was, it appears to be done.

"
Elmus

Elmus didn't move from where he was standing "protecting" the cypress tree.

Do you think it's safe? Will that beast come here and harm us or hurt Sylvie?

Lairston
02-14-2009, 03:04 PM
"I don't know for sure" replied Boris. "But I think Sylvie will be safe in the tree and that we might just draw them here if we stay. We should get moving."

Cyberwing
02-14-2009, 03:33 PM
Mariah poured more of the numbing liquid into the wound. It would also clean the wound. Once finished she began to carefully wrap the bandage.

"You will have to move carefully for a while." Mariah was knelt next to Adara.

"Why do they hate us so much? I just don't understand it... Any more than I understand the followers of that nasty Jadis..." Mariah sighed.

Tigers
02-14-2009, 03:42 PM
Adara's speech seemed to improve the more she was able to use it. She let out a feline sigh.

"I will do my best, but we can not afford to be idle."

Adara thought about Mariah's question.

"Because they do not know Aslan, and because they hate and want to destroy what they don't understand."

It was the best theory she could come up with. She looked at Mariah closer as the centaur was knelt beside her caring for her wounds.

"You are rare, I have never seen a centaur like you before." "Do you not have a mate?"

Jason Sanborn
02-14-2009, 03:50 PM
Elmus

Elmus looked at the tree. Sylvie's very life was connected to her cypress tree. If anything were to happen to the tree.... Elmus looked back at Boris.

I'll go with you, for Sylvie's sake. Maybe someone at Cair Paravel will know how to wake Sylvie from her slumber.

Lairston
02-14-2009, 04:01 PM
Boris nodded, "Excellent. You might be right on that. There has to be a reason that she's staying in the tree and there should be someone there that will know why and what to do to get her out." He slapped the Elmus lighly on the back and started in the direction of the Cair Paravel.

Cyberwing
02-14-2009, 04:17 PM
Mariah smiled at Adara. "Well you are rare too... I..." When Adara asked about a mate Mariah blushed and stood up.

"Well, I um... haven't been around many other Centaurs for quite a while now. My friends haven't been around for a couple of years. First Mother disappeared... then my friends stopped coming right after father died. So... no... I have no mate. I'm too frightened to try to go out and find other Centaurs. What if this evil King has succeeded in killing them all?" Mariah looked fearful and ready to run. Her eyes wild with fear.

Tigers
02-14-2009, 04:28 PM
"Pardon me."Adara said.

"I had assumed that with your gentle nature and beauty that there would surely be a male in your life." "I am sorry for your loss." "It seems as if none of us have escaped it." "But I am confident that there are others of our kind, they have just been in hiding."

Adara began to clean her paw, trying to clean up some of the blood. She paused.

"At least it is my hope." "I have only now become of age to have cubs." "As my kind slowly go back into the wild, they become so different." "No longer taking one mate and roaming as solitary individuals instead of in pairs."

She looked into Mariah's eyes with a fear of her own.

"I feel the pull to go to them." "I do not want to lose who Aslan has made us to be."

Jason Sanborn
02-14-2009, 04:38 PM
Elmus

As Boris started of, Elmus looked back at the cypress tree.

I'll be back, Sylvie. I promise.

Holding tightly to his lute, Elmus followed after Boris, wiping away a tear as he left his love behind.

Cyberwing
02-14-2009, 04:59 PM
"Aslan will return. I wonder if he delays to see whether we will remain faithful... to test us I suppose you could say. After all look what a mess we made at the day of Creation according to the stories my sire told passed down from our ancestors. But always Aslan is patient with us... I just hope we learn our lessons soon and he returns. I hope I get to see him!" Mariah said dreamily as she gathered her bandages and herbs, carefully putting them away. She looked off to the woods and her visage turned somber.

"I... I am scared to leave this wood. I'm scared not to. I don't know what to do. So many of my friends have gone to sleep and are not waking up this spring. I still haven't see the Naiad, Bela that lives in the river. She is usually up by now dancing in the waters of the falls... I miss her she is one of my best friends. Cyan is a Silvan of that lovely Ash tree next to you there. Cyan is also not awakening this spring. Usually by now she is singing with me. Something is just going wrong. It is the evil these Telmarines have wrought... spilling blood so easily they have tainted our land. Maybe Aslan is too pure to step on such a tainted land. I wouldn't not be surprised... So you see? I just don't know what to do Adara. If I venture out the Telmarines will kill me...I am not much of a fighter." Mariah sighed deeply her inner turmoil obvious in the sigh alone.

Tigers
02-14-2009, 05:17 PM
Adara understood Mariah's fears, they were some of the very same ones she had. Each day that passed, she had become more solitary, being pulled toward those that had already gone back to being like beasts. She wondered if Aslan would find her tainted now that she had killed these humans.

"It is the faith I have as well, that He will return." "I would love to see Aslan, I have had the same dream since I was a cub." "The stories even when things were starting to change so much already." "I miss Cair Paravel as it was, but even then change had tainted her walls."

Her eyes went to the trees and in the direction of the waters, knowing full well that her words were true. So many of them gone. Adara regarded Mariah and her fears and she stood up, careful not to put too much weight on her injured shoulder. She stood tall and strong.

"I will protect you to the best of my ability Mariah." "But if we stay here we will both surely die." "Come with me to Cair Paravel, we will look for others there."

Lairston
02-14-2009, 05:59 PM
Time passed and they eventually were able to see Cair Paravel in the distance. "There it is Elmus! Soon we'll be there and we can go down by the sea and soak our sore feet." He laughed.

Ellesar
02-14-2009, 06:43 PM
Kiah had been wandering around the woods when she heard the Telmarines nearby, followed by what sounded like a small battle. Growling softly, she started off in that direction and after a few moments, she paused and sniffed the air, noticing that the smell of blood was on the wind. Quickening her pace, she soon arrived at where Mariah and Adara were and paused just out of sight before climbing up into the nearest tree and continuing forward to see if there was anymore danger nearby. Not seeing any other Telmarines except for the ones that Adara had killed, Kiah laid down on an overhanging branch and peered down at Adara and Mariah.

"Are you two alright?" she asked from her lofty vantage point.

Tigers
02-14-2009, 06:54 PM
Adara's head went to the sound of the voice coming from the trees. She was not pleased that she had missed the scent of another. Their guest had been upwind of her and she would not have noticed, but it did not leave Adara with a reassuring feeling. She eyed the cheetah and questioned.

"Are you a friend of Aslan?"

From stories of old, they had been, but Adara would not take chances. She would fight to help protect Mariah if it came to that. She may not be able to out run the cheetah, but where she lacked the speed she made up in strength.

Cyberwing
02-14-2009, 07:43 PM
To her own surprise Mariah jumped to her hooves seizing up her staff. She was ready to defend her wounded friend. Had not this tigress just fought to protect her?

"Where does your heart lie?" Mariah demanded suspiciously, her hands were shaking and she was pale. Her eyes were round and large as she stared up at the cheetah. She would fight to protect Adara... she hoped... her palms were sweating and her heart was about to pound out of her chest.

Ellesar
02-14-2009, 08:21 PM
Kiah stood up and stretched before jumping out of the tree, landing lightly on the ground near Adara and Mariah. "Peace friends. I am a follower of Aslan and always will be." she said, dipping head slightly and beginning to purr as she sat down at the base of the tree she had been in.

Tigers
02-14-2009, 08:32 PM
"Forgive us, but these are strange times and one can never be too cautious." "Followers of the White Witch roam among us and I can not bring myself to fully trust them." "And now with the Telmarines trying to destroy ever last Narnian, we are a bit on edge."

Adara sat down to alleviate the strain on her injured shoulder. Her tail flicked non threatening manner. She glanced up at Mariah, her heart swelled to see she had already made a friend in the Centaur and that as scared as she is, she was ready to protect her.

"I am Adara and this is my friend Mariah." "Owl Woods is no longer safe for the moment." "There was a hunter that escaped and he will most assuredly be back with others." "We are headed to Cair Paravel if you would like to accompany us." "We could use another follower of Aslan."

Ellesar
02-14-2009, 08:39 PM
Kiah wrapped her tail around herself and then nodded in greeting. "I am called Kiah." she said, introducing herself. When Adara invited her to along with them to Cair Paravel, she nodded again and said, "I would love to accompany you to Cair Paravel." Kiah lapsed into silence for several moments and then asked, "If I may ask, why are you going there?"

Tigers
02-14-2009, 08:48 PM
"It is where I was born and have lived since the attack on Cair Paravel." "I am hoping that we will find some others, perhaps we can figure out what we are going to do about the Telmarines." "Something a little more wisely thought through." "We have lost too many of us already to continue foolishly attacking them with out a plan." "If nothing else, there is safety in numbers."

Ellesar
02-14-2009, 08:59 PM
Kiah stood up and swished her tail around thoughtfully as she nodded. "I fought in a couple of the early battles and know all too well how devastating they were... Those Telmarines are ruthless and will stop at nothing to eradicate us all." she said grimly, her thoughts returning to the friends she had lost in some of the early battles. Kiah walked with a slight limp from one of those battles, and she viewed it as a reminder of the friends she had lost.

Cyberwing
02-15-2009, 08:02 AM
"I guess then I better go get my things from my home..." Mariah added sadly. She didn't want to leave. However Adara was right, the Telmarine that escaped would be back and hunting them. She sighed and began to walk back toward her home.

Ellesar
02-15-2009, 08:34 AM
"Do you need any help, Mariah?" Kiah asked softly, sitting down and looking over at the centaur.

Cyberwing
02-15-2009, 11:24 AM
"I... I don't think so... thank you for asking though." Mariah disappeared suddenly as she entered her dwelling place. The entrance was well-hidden indeed and she seemed to just suddenly vanish. As she entered her home she looked around and began to think. Grabbing her pack she began to throw in the packets of herbs and leaves she had, potions and teas. As she packed to travel she tried to keep it light but also anticipate what might be needed. She had two knives, her bow, a quiver of arrows, a blanket of heavy woven wool that doubled as a cloak for winter travel. She also had two more tops, one of a golden yellow and another white one.

She was digging through a trunk of her father's when she came upon a journal hidden among her father's things. She looked at it curiously. Finally she decided to read it on her journey so she tucked it in the pack.

With a sigh she looked around one last time. "Keep this place hidden magnificent oak. Be strong and I shall look forward to the day you return." She whispered to the massive old tree.

To Kiah and Adara, Mariah just suddenly seemed to appear from nowhere.

"Okay... I guess we should begin. Are you able to walk Adara?" Mariah asked.

Tigers
02-15-2009, 11:32 AM
Adara sat outside with Kiah as Mariah seemed to suddenly disappear as she went to gather some of her belongings. The young tigress switched her tail lazily back and forth as she waited. When Mariah emerged again suddenly, she stood to her feet in answer to Mariah's question.

"Yes, I will make do." "Thank you for your concern Mariah."

She turned to Kiah.

"Are we ready to journey to Cair Paravel?

Cyberwing
02-15-2009, 12:01 PM
"I'll be back... someday... I hope..." Mariah called softly out to the forest. A sighing breeze came through the tree branches as if in answer to her. Mariah smiled for she knew it was indeed the trees bidding her safe journey.

"Yes Adara, Kiah, I'm ready." Mariah looked around her heart heavy. She really did not wish to go but she would die at the hands of the Telmarine hunters if she did not. Mariah had a small harp-like instrument tied to the back of her pack. The strings began to sing in the breeze as if encouraging her to have faith. She smiled sadly and moved out after Adara.

Jason Sanborn
02-15-2009, 12:06 PM
Time passed and they eventually were able to see Cair Paravel in the distance. "There it is Elmus! Soon we'll be there and we can go down by the sea and soak our sore feet." He laughed.
Elmus

Elmus squinted his eyes to see Cair Paravel in the distance. It had been about 1,000 years since anyone had ruled in that place, and had been just as long since anyone had seen Aslan. He wondered what they were hoping to find there. At the very least, he was hoping they could rest for a while.

Lairston
02-15-2009, 12:22 PM
Soon, Boris and Elmus were at Cair Paravel.

He panted slightly from their walk and then looked at Elmus and said, "Lets find someplace to rest shall we?"

((As the one that knows nothing, someone else can do the description of what we find :P))

Tigers
02-15-2009, 12:22 PM
Adara took a deep breath. She was a young, healthy and strong tigress she could handle the pain. She did hope that they would not need to do any running. Adara knew by the time they reached her home, she would be very sore. She moved forward leading her new friends to Cair Paravel. Her heart feeling Mariah's sadness, it was always hard to leave one's home.

"I know the way well." "I will keep us to a path that will make it hard for men to find our tracks."

Jason Sanborn
02-15-2009, 02:28 PM
((What's to describe, except ruins of a once beautiful place. :whaat: ;)))
Elmus

Cair Paravel was once a beautiful palace, where the Kings and Queens of Old ruled over Narnia. That was the Golden Age of Narnia, 1,000 years ago. Since that time, the place had fallen into disrepair, and when the Telmarines invaded, they destroyed what remained, and stole off with many of the treasures that were inside. Even though Elmus had never been to Cair Paravel, he had heard the stories. He ran his hand along a burned wall and could almost picture the palace during its height.

A fire has been through here. Do you think any Narnians were killed here?

Lairston
02-15-2009, 03:36 PM
Boris looked around at the ruins. He studied the evidence of the fire "I'd say so." He looked around frowning and shaking his head.

He sighed, "I expected to find Narnians here."

Cyberwing
02-15-2009, 04:53 PM
Mariah had to fight the growing terror in her heart as they left the Owl Woods and headed south along the coast. She felt even more exposed and nervous. She was very jumpy even though she traveled with Adara and Kiah she knew she was the biggest target among them.

Tigers
02-15-2009, 05:07 PM
Adara could sense Mariah's fear. It was hard to imagine that there was once a time when they could walk without fear. Perhaps that was why most of her kind and Kiah's had gone back to being wild, because of fear. They walked for quite a while and Adara's shoulder felt as if it was on fire. Her limp had become more pronounced but she would not stop until they were in Cair Paravel.

"We are not far now." Adara announced.

Cyberwing
02-15-2009, 05:23 PM
"Should I carry you Adara?" Mariah asked timidly.

Tigers
02-15-2009, 05:50 PM
Adara was a little surprised by Mariah's offer. She regarded the centaur with admiration.

"Thank you but no Mariah." "I am a lot heavier than I look and I would be afraid of accidentally hurting you." "I will rest when we reach Cair Paravel." "We should see the ruins of the castle within 10 minutes or so."

She turned and smiled at Mariah.

Cyberwing
02-15-2009, 05:53 PM
Mariah kept looking at the ocean and wondering if there were a place beyond the ocean that would be safe... maybe that was where Aslan was.

When Cair Paravel came into view, Mariah was shocked. "That is Cair Paravel?"

Tigers
02-15-2009, 06:00 PM
Adara gave a sad sigh.

"Yes, I am afraid so." "I have a den out of the ruins." "It is big enough for all of us." "A place where part of the castle has fallen, the opening is between two pillars."

Cyberwing
02-15-2009, 06:16 PM
Mariah was fine until the reached the stone floor of the ruins and her hooves made so much noise compared to the soft, silent padding of Adara and Kiah's paws. Mariah caught her breath when she realized how much noise she was making.

"Oh no... I'm endangering you..." Her eyes grew wide with fear and she froze.

Jason Sanborn
02-15-2009, 06:19 PM
Elmus

The sound of the hoofbeats echoed through the ruins, and Elmus looked behind him.

Did you hear that?

Elmus asked.

Do you think it is another Narnian? Centaur or unicorn maybe?

Elmus looked at Boris.

Maybe we should go find them.

Lairston
02-15-2009, 06:21 PM
"I don't know" replied Boris as he also looked toward Mariah and the others when he heard her hooves. But there was a structure in the way "You're right Elmus! We need to find out who's coming!"

He went over to a wall and peered around. He gasped "Tell me I'm not dreaming." when he saw Mariah.

Tigers
02-15-2009, 06:25 PM
"Easy Mariah you are fine." Adara replied reassuringly.

Adara paused, she caught the scent of the others just as Boris stuck his head around the wall. Instinct took over and Adara leapt in front of her companions and let out a warning growl.

Lairston
02-15-2009, 06:27 PM
Boris saw Adara and backed up."Watch out Elmus! We might be under attack."

Cyberwing
02-15-2009, 06:31 PM
Mariah stood frozen, biting lightly at her index finger of her right hand worriedly. She was looking around at the columns and tumbled walls of stone, waiting for something to pounce on her from behind one of them.

When Boris peeked around she didn't see him but turned when Adara growled.

When she saw the other Centaur she gasped, her eyes getting round and large.
"OH!"

"Who...who... are you?" She managed to say in a shaky voice.

Lairston
02-15-2009, 06:38 PM
Boris came back out into view when Adara did not complete her attack. His eyes dancing over the three of them making sure Adara wasn't going to attack... "I'm Boris." He swallowed and then looked at Mariah, "And who are you?" Then looked at the other two as well. But Mariah had his main attention. Such a color...

Cyberwing
02-15-2009, 06:51 PM
"I am Mariah. This is Adara and that is Kiah. Are you...followers of Aslan or Jadis?" Mariah managed to ask, her staff in her hand ready to swing forth if needed.

Lairston
02-15-2009, 06:54 PM
Boris swallowed and replied, "I follow Aslan. Who do you three follow?" He watched the staff intently.

Tigers
02-15-2009, 06:57 PM
Adara eyed Boris warily, she had never known of any centaur to follow anyone but Aslan, but she supposed there was always a first. She was relieved to hear his response, but the pain in her shoulder had finally caused her to lay down and alleviate some of the stress.

"Yes, we are followers of Aslan."Adara replied.

Lairston
02-15-2009, 07:00 PM
Boris sighed in relief. He was not prepared for battle. When she collapsed, "Your shoulder looks bad. Have you traveled far with it? What happened?"

Tigers
02-15-2009, 07:05 PM
"We have traveled from Owl Wood." "There were hunters there collecting on the bounties for Narnians." Adara said as she let out a tired sigh.

Cyberwing
02-15-2009, 07:16 PM
Brought to herself by Boris' remark about Adara's shoulder Mariah realized she needed to attend to her.
"Where can we all rest Adara? We need to get you someplace I can tend you." Mariah told the tigress. Then suddenly she caught sight of the faun. She stopped eying him carefully.

Tigers
02-15-2009, 07:22 PM
"Through the door there to the hall of the Kings and Queens of Old." "There is still a place to enter where the walls stand on all four sides." "We can rest there."

Adara stood once more to the protesting of her muscles in her leg. She could feel it begin to twitch but chose to ignore it and lead the others to the room.

Lairston
02-15-2009, 07:28 PM
"He's with me." Boris said indicating Elmus. Boris was watching Mariah again mesmerized by her rare color. But he saw Adara unsteadiness and said to her, "You may ride me since you are injured Adara. Just tell me where to go."

Tigers
02-15-2009, 07:30 PM
"No Boris, I will make it into the other room." "If tigers had been meant to ride any other animal we were have been built differently." Adara mused.

Lairston
02-15-2009, 07:33 PM
Boris nodded and laughed slightly, "Okay. If that's how you want it." He followed her with the others to her place.

Cyberwing
02-15-2009, 07:36 PM
Mariah looked over at Boris appreciatively. His offer to carry Adara had touched her. She smiled but looked away quickly when he looked her way. Her cheeks colored pink and she let her long golden hair fall down to hide her face from everyone but Adara directly in front of her.

Lairston
02-15-2009, 07:43 PM
As they walked with Adara, Boris looked at Mariah and thought he saw her smile at him but then she was quickly looking away from him and at Adara and he couldn't see her face clearly because of her hair. He wished he'd looked sooner. Now he now wondered if he was imagining things.

"So you all came from Owl Woods?"

Tigers
02-15-2009, 07:48 PM
Adara smiled noticing the exchange between Boris and Mariah. Looks like she may have found a potential mate after all. It was nice to see such hope during a time of sadness. She led them into the other room, and passed under two pillars that would just allow the centaurs to pass underneath. The room inside was a large room, stripped bare from it belongings years ago during the attack. Adara had managed to salvage some drapery from the rooms and what she hadn't used was piled up in a corner. There was enough there for each of them to rest comfortably. Adara found her bed and lay down with the intentions of never moving again.

"Yes, that is where we came from." Adara replied to Boris.

"Welcome to my home, you are all welcome here." "There are draperies in the corner over there for bedding, please help yourself."

Lairston
02-15-2009, 08:06 PM
"Its nice up there." Boris said as he went over to the draperies and held one up. "This one looks like its for you Elmus." He started looking at the others and picked out one for himself. Then found a place to lay down.

Cyberwing
02-16-2009, 06:42 AM
Mariah first went to Adara and checked the wound. She applied more herbs and pain reliever to the area and had Adara chew a leaf that tasted bitter but would ease her pain. She re-bandaged the tigress' wound and then told her to rest.

The light gold Centaur took what was left of the drapery and made a bed for Kiah and then one for herself. She was quite exhausted and fell almost instantly asleep when she lay down.

Tigers
02-16-2009, 06:53 AM
Adara was too tired to even flinch as Mariah ministered to her wounds. She was lucky that Mariah was a healer or they may still be in Owl Woods and Adara would still have the arrow stuck in her shoulder.

She took the bitter leaf from Mariah and chewed as instructed. Her tongue curled out of her mouth several times as she worked the leaf, trying not to make too much of a face as she chewed.

"Thank you Mariah." Adara replied in gratitude. She fell asleep purring her contentment.

Lairston
02-16-2009, 07:23 AM
Boris had continued to watch Mariah for any sign to indicate what he saw was real but she didn't look his way. She was too busy with Adara. When she got her bedding and was fast asleep, he frowned that he had not seen any further signs. With both Adara and Mariah asleep and his bed prepared, he laid down and was asleep rather quickly exhausted from the long walk that he and Elmus had taken.

Ellesar
02-16-2009, 08:29 PM
"Thank you Mariah." Kiah said when Mariah made a bed for her. The cheetah lay down and just watched everyone for a few moments, her tail wrapped around herself. She fell asleep after a few moments, though, partly tired from the journey.

Jason Sanborn
02-17-2009, 11:39 AM
Elmus

Elmus was relieved to find other Narnians here. Unfortunately, they had also traveled here looking for answers. It would seem that the answers they all sought continued to elude them.

Elmus sat down on the cold stone floor as the others began to fall asleep. He pulled his lute out of his pouch and began to play a soft tune. It was a wistful tune that expressed the fatigue and sadness in his heart. After a few moments playing, he joined the others in sleep.

Lairston
02-17-2009, 12:26 PM
Hendri made it back to Caspien's court to report to him what he discovered in the Owl Woods. He waited patiently to speak to the king or one of his men.

Cyberwing
02-17-2009, 05:21 PM
The sun filtered through the columns as dawn came. Mariah sat up slowly, slightly disoriented at not being in her customary bed. Where was she...oh yes, she had come to Cair Paravel because the Telmarine King sent hunters after her kind in her very own forest! Mariah dropped her head onto her hands, her elbows resting on her fore knees. This was hopeless... if Aslan didn't come soon, they would all be hunted down and murdered.

She looked sadly over at the tigress who had taken the hunters arrow. Mariah knew the next arrows would have taken her life if Adara had not fought them. Was there any reason to keep fighting when it was so hopeless? She sighed softly and watched the beams of morning light play across the leaves.

Tigers
02-17-2009, 05:59 PM
Adara's ears twitched at the sound of activity. Although she was not accustomed to guests in her den, she welcomed it all the same. It had been lonely since the fall of Cair Paravel. Her eyes opened to focus upon the distressed Mariah. Her heart broke for her new friend, she had to abandon her home because of the evil ways of men.

Adara yawned and her pink tongue curled as she chased away the haze of sleep. She felt a little stiff this morning, but at least she and Mariah were alive, that's what was important to the tigress. She'd gladly take an arrow again to save a fellow Narnian and follower of Aslan. Tentatively she stretched out her upper body until she came to a comfortable position on her side. Quietly, so that she did not wake the others she greeted Mariah.

"Good morning Mariah." "Did you sleep well?"

Lairston
02-17-2009, 06:10 PM
Boris felt the warmth of the sun on his back and opened his eyes. He opened his eyes, looked around and stretched. Then yawned loudly Then scratched his head.

His eyes fell on Mariah and said, "Good morning."

Cyberwing
02-17-2009, 06:31 PM
"Yes Adara, I slept well thank you. The question is how are YOU feeling?" Mariah whispered softly. When Boris stirred she turned to look at him. When he said good morning she blushed and looked down.

"G...g...good morning..."

Ellesar
02-17-2009, 06:33 PM
Kiah continued to sleep for several more moments, but soon she started to stir. Standing up, she stretched out her front legs, her claws extending fully as she stretched. When she was finished, she retracted her claws back to where they normally were and then looked at the others. "Morning." she greeted the others as she sat down and curled her tail around her back legs.

Lairston
02-17-2009, 06:46 PM
Boris raised an eyebrow when Mariah blushed. He smiled. "It is definitely a good morning when I wake up to someone like you nearby." He winked at her and his smile grew broadly.

"Well bout time you woke up," He said to Kiah as if he'd been awake for hours.

Ellesar
02-17-2009, 06:51 PM
Kiah only looked at Boris levelly for a few moments, swishing the tip of her tail back and forth. Finally, she said simply, "I needed my rest." She knew that he was only joking with her, but she decided to play along for awhile.

Cyberwing
02-17-2009, 06:52 PM
At Boris' comment Mariah's blush deepened. She put her hand up to her lips and slowly let her eyes come up to look at the other Centaur. "W...where are you from?" Mariah finally managed to whisper out.

Lairston
02-17-2009, 06:58 PM
Boris grinned at Kiah, "So did I." He chuckled.

When Mariah asked him where he was from he told her while staring at her beautiful golden coat. He started to grow red on the cheeks as he spoke, "I am from the Dancing Woods. I was tired of listening to the other not think things out and were getting ready to repeat the disaster from a little while ago."

Cyberwing
02-17-2009, 07:05 PM
Mariah's head came up and she looked intently at Boris. "What disaster?"

Lairston
02-17-2009, 07:19 PM
"Last fall when the Narnians marched out despite the owl's warnings and they were massacred by the Telmarines." He shook his head, "They'd do the same thing all over again. Some just don't learn." He sighed.

Tigers
02-17-2009, 08:25 PM
Adara's answer was cut short by Boris. The tigress simply smiled and excused herself from the room. Her muscles were finally starting to register the tenderness of the trauma suffered from the day before. But Adara couldn't resist the chance to sit out on one of the stones and soak up the rays of the sun, so she quietly made her way outside.

Cyberwing
02-18-2009, 05:11 AM
"You mean at the crowning? In Beruna? You were there? Did you see Ostia, Tiva, Enti or Bastian? They are friends of mine. I've been so worried about them..." Mariah momentarily forgot her fear and looked into Boris' face anxiously.

Lairston
02-18-2009, 06:09 AM
Boris looked down and sighed and his body shook in horror as he remembered. "Yes. I was there. They were all there too and I'm afraid that I have bad news." He paused and sighed again.

"Ostia was killed in the first minutes of the battle. Tiva and Enti were also killed. They were standing next to me when they died. There was nothing I could do. It was madness." He looked at her with sadness. "I haven't seen Bastien since. I don't know what happened to him. He might have escaped and went the other direction then me not knowing that I survived or he might be dead as well."

He looked at her sadly, "I'm sorry."

Cyberwing
02-18-2009, 06:31 AM
Mariah shook her head in disbelief. Enti was always flirting with Mariah and Ostia had teased them mercilessly. Dead? All of them? Only Bastian possibly survived? How could this be?

Mariah struggled up to stand shakily. "Ostia? Tiva? Enti? No... no..." Mariah wondered now if the Owl knew and just had not told her. She was too shocked to cry. She held onto a column to support herself.

Lairston
02-18-2009, 06:42 AM
He went over to her and put his hand on her shoulder as she stood there in shock holding the column. "I am so sorry to tell you bad news Mariah. I would give anything not to have." He looked down, "We can't let that happen again."

Cyberwing
02-18-2009, 08:47 AM
"What good is it if we all die? What purpose does that serve?" Mariah turned to look at Boris, tears on her face.

Lairston
02-18-2009, 09:06 AM
Boris swallowed not expecting this reaction, "We must stop them so they don't kills us. But we have to do it with a plan. We can't just give up."

Ellesar
02-18-2009, 09:20 AM
Kiah had followed Adara outside shortly after the tigress had left and now she sat down next to Adara in the sun. "How are you feeling, Adara?" she asked, glancing over at the tigress.

Jason Sanborn
02-18-2009, 09:39 AM
Elmus

Elmus listened to the conversation, but didn't contribute. What more was there to say about that dreadful day than what Boris was already saying. Too many had died. The Telmarines were just too strong. When Boris said they couldn't just give up, that was when Elmus spoke up.

Why not? The nymphs and the dryads have. They aren't emerging from their trees and rivers. Others have already gone into hiding in the woods. Why can't we just go into hiding as well? Why do we have to fight?

Tigers
02-18-2009, 09:42 AM
Adara's tail flicked lazily in the sun light as Kiah joined her on the rock. Driven by instinct she wanted to lick at her wound, but it was covered by Mariah's bandage. Instead she had gently began to clean her face when Kiah spoke to her, she paused and regarded the cheetah with thoughtful eyes.

"Tender." "It was my first experience with an arrow." "It's not one I wish to repeat, but one I think I will be hard pressed to avoid."

Adara thought for a moment, there was a question on her mind that she knew Kiah would understand more than any of the others.

"Kiah, do you find it difficult not to let instinct take over." "To join those before us in becoming what they call 'dumb beast?'"

Adara hated that term, but what else do you call an animal that has lost its ability to think, reason and talk?

Lairston
02-18-2009, 09:52 AM
Boris sighed at Elmus' words. "I don't know. I guess I'm making no sense either. Perhaps we should flee south and try to find some place that Caspian is not. Or maybe we could get a ship..."

Ellesar
02-18-2009, 11:48 AM
Kiah was silent for several moments as she thought about what Adara had asked. Finally she bobbed her head in agreement and said, "Yes, sometimes it is difficult to not let instinct take over. I have seen many friends and family succumb to that instinct..." She lapsed into silence for several moments and then said softly, "It is especially difficult in the heat of battle."

Tigers
02-18-2009, 11:59 AM
Adara let out a sigh.

"Then it is good that we found each other." "Perhaps as a group we can resist the temptation to regress."

She flicked her tail in thought, looking out toward the sea. She didn't look at Kiah when she spoke, but being a feline herself, she would understand.

"I have often heard the calls of others." "It has increased since I have reached the age to carry cubs." "It has been difficult to resist, even more so than a year ago when I was still too young."

She turned her eyes toward the cheetah.

"Battle is something I am new to as well." "I am built for such things." "I could never imagine myself attacking a fellow Narnian." "The thought terrifies me, but I know that it has happened with others."

Cyberwing
02-18-2009, 01:18 PM
"I think it would be better to go into hiding. The Ettins aren't bothered by them. Of course I don't want to have to live there but there has to be a way...some place... Unless Aslan wishes us to be destroyed and I can't believe that." Mariah replied, her own fear glittering in her eyes.

Lairston
02-18-2009, 03:31 PM
Boris nodded when Mariah spoke then looked at Elmus and finally said "Then it seems that is what we should do." He looked around for Adara and Kiah but they weren't readily available to say what they thought.

Tigers
02-18-2009, 04:58 PM
A messenger scurried out of King Caspian's chambers. By order of the King, a bounty had been placed for the unique colored Centaur and tiger. The king was willing to pay a hefty bounty for the hide of either Narnian. As the messenger posted the new decree from the King, several bounty hunters gathered around. Many sought out Hendri to find out where exactly in Owl Wood either creature had been spotted, they were anxious to begin the hunt. Caspian was offering a higher price for these two creatures than he had with any other.

Tamara ripped one of the bounties off the pole as she wiped a tear from her eye. These beasts were responsible for her sister's death and they would pay. Pay with their lives and she'd lay their hides out on her floor. She rolled up the parchment and stuffed it into her jacket sleeve and hurried toward her house. She had some packing to do and get out there before these other idiots beat her to it. This was personal, she didn't care about the money.

Tigers
02-18-2009, 05:25 PM
By mid morning Tamara had packed supplies, saddled her pack horses and hired two men to help with the two creatures. She had spent the night before crying at the loss of her sister, she was all she had left. They had lost their mother to sickness and their father to the siege on Cair Paravel. Tamara had lost everything to the Narnians.

She checked the girth on her saddle before mounting her horse. She rode out through the gates well before any of the other bounty hunters had even recovered from last nights drunk. Nothing was going to stand in her way to get hold of both of these Narnians. Her hatred only building as she rode. Her mind played over the events that Hendri recounted, she was going to enjoy this. She would reach Owl Wood well before night fall and recount her sister's steps to the spot of her death. From there she'd follow the tracks of the beasts and end their lives once and for all.

Cyberwing
02-18-2009, 06:35 PM
Mariah looked at Elmus then back to Boris. "Shall we go talk to Adara and Kiah? Maybe they have some ideas..."

Ellesar
02-18-2009, 06:46 PM
Kiah remained silent for several moments, just staring out across the sea. "I have fought in some of the earlier battles... But I think I was too young even for those for I quit fighting after a couple of them..." She lapsed into silence again as she thought back to those battles that she did fight in.

Cyberwing
02-18-2009, 06:52 PM
Mariah came out as Kiah was speaking of her battles. She frowned. "So I am the only one that has not been in battle? I...I don't want to fight..." she said sadly. All of her friends were battle veterans... she... she was a very unskilled, hopeless creature. Mariah wanted to cry again. Battle had taken her friends... now she was being hunted. She had done nothing to anyone but sing with the wind, the water and the trees. Yet men wished to kill her. She didn't understand any of this. It all frightened her.

Lairston
02-18-2009, 06:54 PM
Boris nodded his head in agreement. "I think we should. Since they might know someplace we can go." He started for the doorway of the den. "Lets go see if we can find them."

When they came out he moved next to Mariah, "Don't worry Mariah. You're with a group now. We will watch out for each other."

He took her hand, "Besides we need someone that knows how to heal and you did a good job with Adara." He smiled at her

Cyberwing
02-18-2009, 06:58 PM
Mariah blushed when Boris took her hand. It made her feel a little funny and she found catching her breath more difficult than normal. When he mentioned her healing ability she brightened. "Oh! Yes! I can do that!"

Ellesar
02-18-2009, 07:02 PM
"Do not feel badly, Mariah. Being in battle isn't really something to be proud of..." Kiah said softly, looking over at the centaur.

Lairston
02-18-2009, 07:08 PM
Boris smiled and said, "See you do have a purpose!" He said merrily. "And like Kiah said, being in battle is a horror and not something to want." He noticed her blushing and kissed the back of her hand. "My apologies for my forwardness my dear."

Cyberwing
02-18-2009, 07:14 PM
Mariah blushed again and looked down demurely. She really did not know what to say being inexperienced with others.
"Thank you my friends..." she whispered. "Oh, I hope you don't object to me calling you friends..." she added quickly.

Tigers
02-18-2009, 07:17 PM
Adara laid her head across her paws. Her ears twitching in various directions toward the sounds coming from all around them. Kiah couldn't be much older than her, but she had a little more experience at fighting. Silently she agreed, it was not something she desired to do but this Caspian wasn't giving them much of a choice. It was either hide or be killed and Adara was afraid of being caged. She finally turned to the sound of the others, smiling at the sight of Mariah and Boris. It was the only light point in her day, her heart was heavy with many things.

"I shall gather us breakfast." "I have guests to attend to." "Any special requests in which I might fulfill? Adara commented.

She rose tenderly from her spot on the rock.

"No, I would be honored to be considered your friend."

Lairston
02-18-2009, 07:19 PM
Boris grinned, "Not at all. Its good to have friends." He said. "I think we can all use more friends. So I am quite pleased to consider you all friends." And then he smiled, "You are welcome Mariah."

He added when Adara asked about special requests for breakfast, "I will take whatever you can get my friend."

Ellesar
02-18-2009, 07:19 PM
"Not at all." Kiah replied as she lay down on her haunches in the sun, just enjoying the warmth on her back. When Adara stood up, Kiah looked over at the tigress and asked, "Perhaps I could help you?"

Cyberwing
02-18-2009, 07:24 PM
"I will gather around here. There are many good plants I see..." Mariah added looking around the ruins. "This was a good place and the plants seem very healthy. They grow lush and strong..." She commented as she examined some of the foliage near her.

Lairston
02-18-2009, 07:44 PM
Boris looked around not really knowing what plants he was looking at. "They do grow thick here. The soil must be good." He leaned down to smell a flower that was growing from a vine.

Tigers
02-19-2009, 05:47 AM
Adara nodded at Kiah.

"The help would be much appreciated Kiah, thank you."

The two felines set out to gather breakfast, aside from themselves, the others would more than likely not eat meat. So Adara gathered eggs to bring back for the others to cook and eat. Once they had gathered enough, she and Kiah could find food for themselves.

Cyberwing
02-19-2009, 06:56 AM
Mariah meanwhile began to gather suitable greens. She found an old basket somehow saved from the fire. It was singed on one side but still usable for her purposes. She went walking a little ways and gathered all sorts of edible plants from around the ruins of Cair Paravel.

Her heart was heavy but she knew she had no control over this situation. She had been forced to leave because of the bounty on her and the light tiger. Mariah was grieving the loss of her friends. It made her sick to think of what the Owl had told her. The Telmarines were wicked and evil, she knew it was wrong to wish them dead but she did wish them forever away from Narnia!

Lairston
02-19-2009, 08:15 AM
Boris walked along studying the plants that Mariah picked. He then went over and found something that looked similar and said, "Here's another." But it wasn't the same plant.

Cyberwing
02-19-2009, 08:33 AM
"Actually Boris... that plant... well it's an imitator. Look here, see these red lines running up through it? Now look at this one... see the difference? Also look at the stem. See the fine hairs all over the stem? That is also an indicator that this is a deadly plant. It is good to make a medicine out of though, it can stop illnesses that attempt to enter the body through a wound. When used in very small amounts in a poultice it is very effective in killing pain. However if you ate it like this plant you would die." Mariah explained carefully, showing him each point she made with the plant. Speaking about the plants she lost her shyness briefly.

Lairston
02-19-2009, 08:40 AM
Boris gasped and looked at everything about the plant that she pointed out, "You have good eyes Mariah. I thought it looked exactly the same. Good thing I got your attention." He smiled at her and his eyes ran along her beautiful coat again and then they returned to her eyes. "Maybe I'll just tag along and make sure no undesirables come along and bother you while you collect the plants."

He walked beside her watching the plants that she pulled.

Jason Sanborn
02-19-2009, 10:12 AM
Elmus

When Kiah and Boris spoke of battles, Elmus thought back to the battle of the coronation, and the slaughter he saw. All the blood and carnage was almost inconceivable. He was snapped out of his thoughts when the mention of going to find food came up.

I'll also gather food. Nuts, berries and such. All of Aslan's followers are friends of mine. Thank you all so much.

As the others went their own ways, on their own tasks, Elmus went off in another direction, looking for food that he would eat, and that the centaurs would like. He knew the tigers would bring the meat. He was sure they were excellent hunters. He didn't care about the meat, though, as he, like the rest of his kind, didn't eat meat.

Elmus was left alone to his thoughts. He was glad he found new friends, but longed for Sylvie's voice and companionship. Narnia was becoming a darker place to live, and he wondered where Aslan was. Why had Aslan left with the Kings and Queens of Old? Why was Cair Paravel in ruins? Were the Narnians doomed to extinction?

No, he had to hold fast to Aslan. Aslan would return one day. He, no, all of them, had to hold fast to Aslan. His music could help them. It could inspire them to keep to Aslan. There will be times of mourning, and there will be times of encouragement. There will be times of weeping, and there will be times of praise. In it all, Elmus would continue to use music and song to help his friends, and bring glory to Aslan.

Cyberwing
02-19-2009, 01:26 PM
"Everyone has to learn Boris.... I did too, my Mother taught me. She was a very quiet healer and she knew so MUCH about plants and what to look for. I wish I had known as much as Mother... perhaps then Father would not have died." Mariah added as they went.

"Where did Elmus go?" Mariah suddenly realized the quiet Faun was not with them.

Lairston
02-19-2009, 01:35 PM
Boris listened to her tell her about the plants and shook his head. "I'm trying to learn as we go." He grinned but when she spoke of her father, he frowned, "What happened to your father?"

"He went in the other direction to look for food for everyone. I might be the only one that doesn't do well with the finding food in the wild." He chuckled softly at himself.

Cyberwing
02-19-2009, 01:46 PM
"He caught the wheezing cough and it seemed to do terrible damage to his lungs. I think part of it was he didn't want to live without Mother... Anyway I tried all of the remedies but he just seemed to get weaker until one day he started coughing up blood and in a few days he was gone." Mariah looked down at the basket. "I don't want to lose anyone else..."

Lairston
02-19-2009, 01:56 PM
He listened to what happened and put his arm around her in sympathy and patted her back. He looked at her and said softly, "I'm sorry Mariah. That had to be a horrible thing to see happen to your father. But don't isolate yourself from others. You have already helped Adara and you just saved my life because I would have ate poison. So when you interact with others you do a lot of good."

Cyberwing
02-19-2009, 02:49 PM
Mariah was blushing and she tried to think of something witty or clever to say but she couldn't think of anything to say. She just looked down, holding the basket and looking at the contents without seeing them. She bit at her lower lip and began to trace the woven reeds of the basket with her forefinger.

Lairston
02-19-2009, 02:57 PM
Boris frowned when she looked down and knew he was making her feel uncomfortable. "I'm sorry. I'm making myself way to pushy.Truth be told, I haven't had a lot of contact with other Centaurs for a while now so I... may be a bit overzealous in my... glee at finding one." And he thought, you're really pretty but he didn't dare say that out loud.

Cyberwing
02-19-2009, 05:15 PM
"I'm sorry...I...uh...well... I haven't been around many others of our kind for a long time now. Mother said it was too dangerous to stay on the plains any longer and so we moved to Owl Woods. Many of the other Centaurs though said our light coloring was too dangerous, it made the herd too easy to locate in the dark so we were really asked to leave. Mother and Father thought I didn't know...but I heard them. After we moved though several years later Mother disappeared then a few more years later my father grew ill. Ostia, Bastion, Tiva and Enti... they came to visit every summer. But they were my only friends. Tiva was my cousin, guess she was obligated. I'm sorry I should not speak any more of this, it is too...awful." Mariah sighed.

Lairston
02-19-2009, 05:25 PM
Boris looked sad, "I think the other Centaurs were idiots. Your light color makes you look... I'm sorry. I should just keep my mouth shut. They were wrong. I'm sorry your family was cast out." He looked genuinely distressed and was. "And I'm so sorry your mother just disappeared. That had to be horrible." He sighed.

Cyberwing
02-19-2009, 06:23 PM
"You don't find my light color distasteful? I do tend to stand out more in the moonlight. The Dryads and Naiads thought it was fine. They didn't object to us. Oh I'm sorry... I have misspoken and embarrassed you... forgive me Boris." Mariah blushed and frowned.

Lairston
02-19-2009, 06:32 PM
Boris shook his head. "You haven't said anything wrong. I... No I don't find your light color distasteful. Quite the opposite. I think...you are... I find your color to be perfect. I don't object at all to it." Boris began to blush now. He was having a terrible time explaining his thoughts in a way that won't make her feel awkward.

"I agree with the Dryads and Naiads."

Cyberwing
02-19-2009, 06:35 PM
"You are most kind..." Mariah blushed but this time she smiled and looked over at Boris. She held out a frond of dandelion. "Try this... it's quite delicious!"

Lairston
02-19-2009, 06:44 PM
Boris grinned and looked up at her. She was so beautiful. How could the centaurs be so retarded he thought. He wanted to tell her that but what would her reaction be. When she offered the dandelion he smiled and took it, "Okay Mariah." It sounded to him like his voice turned melodious when he said her name. He wondered if she noticed or if it was his imagination. He ate the dandelion and his eyes widened in pure joy. "This is delicious! You must teach me how to find all this."

Ellesar
02-19-2009, 08:15 PM
Kiah stood up and followed Adara, helping her to gather some eggs and other items for the others. Once that was finished, she sat down again and then looked over at Adara. "Where do you usually hunt, Adara?" she asked curiously.

Tigers
02-20-2009, 05:26 AM
"Mainly around Cair Paravel." "I've tried not to stray too far from home, but the need for food doesn't always allow that luxury."

Adara took a moment to rest as she talked with Kiah.

"But I've slowly began to hunt North towards Owl Woods and South of Cair Paravel." "There are plenty of fish in Rush River, so that has helped to keep me sustained when food is scarce."

An acorn fell from a tree just above Boris, landing on the centaur's head and the sound of a young giggling voice could be heard from somewhere above.

Cyberwing
02-20-2009, 05:36 AM
Mariah shaded her eyes and looked up to see if she could locate the creature giggling.

Lairston
02-20-2009, 05:37 AM
The acorn smacked him right on the head and in surprise he said,"Ow. Did you see that? It hit me!" He looked up when he heard the giggling, "Who's up there?"

Tigers
02-20-2009, 05:41 AM
Rustling could be heard up above and a tiny gasp followed by more giggling. It was obvious from the sounds of the voice that it was something very young.

The rustling seemed to come from all over the tree until it came closer to a branch near Mariah. Another tiny gasp escaped the little creature, but it remained hidden for safety.

Cyberwing
02-20-2009, 05:52 AM
Mariah giggled at the little creature's laughter. "Have you ever noticed how laughter can be contagious?"

Tigers
02-20-2009, 05:58 AM
When Mariah spoke, the little creature gasped once again and then giggled along with her. The branch rustled a little more and two little beady black eye's peered from the hidden shadow's of the tree.

Lairston
02-20-2009, 06:04 AM
Boris was rubbing his head, "Yeah except when you've been beamed by something. I've got a headache now." He moaned. Then he couldn't help it and laughed with her.

He saw the eyes peering out, "Be careful, it might have some more."

Cyberwing
02-20-2009, 06:53 AM
Mariah looked over at Boris and thought he possessed a quite charming laugh. "Hello little one..." Mariah called to the creature up in the tree.

Tigers
02-20-2009, 07:01 AM
Mariah's voice drew the little chipmunk out a little more from his hiding place. How a chipmunk got into a tree, was anyone's guess. He was only a little bit bigger than the acorn he rolled out of the tree that hit Boris on the head and looked to be just barely old enough to be this far from his mother.

Lairston
02-20-2009, 07:25 AM
Boris saw her look at him and wondered what she was thinking. Then he watched the chipmunk come out. He didn't move less he frighten the little creature. At the same time he wished he had an acorn to let it know what it felt like to be beamed in the head. He chuckled to himself.

Cyberwing
02-20-2009, 11:02 AM
"Now aren't you a fine chipmunk... What do you mean by throwing things? Did you want to come join us?" Mariah asked looking up at the little fellow.

Tigers
02-20-2009, 11:11 AM
The little chipmunk came out from the shadows a little more. His little tiny whiskers working over time as his nose twitched to and fro.

Mama? His little tiny voice chirped out.

Lairston
02-20-2009, 03:22 PM
Boris chuckled to himself again and mumbled, "I think you might be a little on the tall side to be its mother." He laughed again.

Jason Sanborn
02-20-2009, 04:02 PM
Elmus

Elmus had finished gathering food and returned to Cair Paravel to meet the others. When he arrived, he had discovered that no one else had returned yet. At least he hoped they hadn't returned, and nothing bad happened to them.

Elmus set the berries and other edible plants on the ground and sat down, taking out his lute. He began playing a melodious tune filled with happiness as well as longing. As if one was eagerly expecting better things ahead. It was one of Sylvie's favorite tunes, a thought which added just a hint of sadness to the tune.

Cyberwing
02-21-2009, 05:43 PM
Mariah giggled at Boris' comment. "No, I'm not your Mama. Did she go out looking for food this morning?" She asked the little chipmunk.

Tigers
02-22-2009, 06:21 AM
The little chipmunk let out a sad little sigh but he was still very curious about Mariah. He stepped out a little more on his branch coming within a few feet from her, his little eyes sparkling with curiosity. But when he thought he saw Boris move, he let out a high pitched little scream and dashed back into the cover of the branch.

Dara! Dara! Dara! He cried out.

Adara had been walking and talking with Kiah when she recognized the little cry. Her heart beat rapidly, she had completely forgotten about the little guy. She hadn't seen him in a week and had hoped it was because his mother had found him, or that one of the other families had taken him in. Without a word she sprinted off toward the sound of his tiny voice, arriving at where Mariah and Boris were. She looked up into the tree above and then at the two centaurs.

Ty? Are you up there you little rascal?

A tiny chirp came in response and he moved out from the shadow's enough for Adara to see his face.

Come on, it is safe. Mariah and Boris won't hurt you. She urged the little guy.

Hesitantly Ty came out from the shadows and tentatively walked along the branch before suddenly scurrying to the end and hoping on top of Adara's head. Adara laughed slightly as he ran up and down the length of her back before coming up to the top of her head. He looked at Boris and three tiny little shrill barks came out. It was like he was trying to growl at the centaur.

Where have you been? You've had me worried.

Ty let out a contented sigh and found a nice soft patch of Adara's fur to circle and lay down on.

Mama. He exclaimed.

No, Ty, not mama. Adara.

Adara shook her head slightly as not to disturb Ty.

Mariah, Boris, this is Ty. He's an orphan from what I can tell.

Cyberwing
02-22-2009, 08:45 AM
"Hello Ty. I am an orphan too. My name is Mariah." She lean down closer to Ty but not too close so as not to frighten him. She smiled and gave him back the acorn he threw at Boris.

"One shouldn't throw away good food." She cautioned the wee chipmunk with a merry smile.

Lairston
02-22-2009, 10:18 AM
When Adara came he watched Ty run up her and lay down contently in her fur. He shook his head at the little one. When Mariah told him he shouldn't throw away food, Boris added, "Hello Ty. One shouldn't throw things and hit people in the head either. If they have a temper they might react strongly to it."

Cyberwing
02-22-2009, 05:16 PM
"I'm hoping we can be friends too Ty." Mariah told him, then looked over at Boris.

"You know Ty, it can be a very good thing to have big strong friends." She smiled at Boris then looked down shyly.

Lairston
02-22-2009, 05:20 PM
Boris grinned when she called him big and strong. Then he smiled back and his dropped when she looked away. "Its also good to be friends with a healer too." Particularly one as beautiful as Mariah he thought but didn't say it.

Tigers
02-22-2009, 06:24 PM
Ty watched Mariah and Boris from his comfortable spot on Adara's head.

Maya! Bois! He chirped.

He sniffed at the acorn, his tiny little paws holding onto the nut that Mariah gave him back.

Dara! Momma! He continued.

Ty! Ty! Ty! Ty!

Adara laughed.

Shall we eat breakfast?

Cyberwing
02-22-2009, 06:26 PM
"Yes, let's break fast together. Where is Kiah?"

Tigers
02-22-2009, 06:36 PM
She was right behind me. Perhaps she's trying to bring back my portion of food. I left in rather a hurry

Lairston
02-22-2009, 06:39 PM
"My stomach is saying breakfast would be wonderful Adara. Hmm... I wonder where she is.." He listened intently. But he didn't hear anything.

"Maybe we should go look for her."

Cyberwing
02-26-2009, 01:05 PM
"Is this place being tormented by the wicked Telmarines too? Is there no place safe for us? I'm so weary of all this..." Mariah added, looking as if she was ready to drop everything and run; burst into tears or perhaps a combination of both.

Lairston
02-26-2009, 01:42 PM
Boris sighed and his broad shoulders slumped when Mariah looked like she might flee from them. He looked at her sadly, "I think we just need to keep moving away from them. We can't stay in one place long until we have traveled a lot further then this. At least in my opinion. And we also need to stick together so that we work together and keep each other safe. So we shouldn't wonder off alone."

He smiled at her and suddenly red appeared on his cheeks as he was enjoying the scene of her. Even if she was upset. She was still so beautiful. He swallowed and said, "Okay?"

They had started to walk back the way they had come. "Hey there's Elmus. Maybe he can help us find her."

Jason Sanborn
02-26-2009, 01:48 PM
Elmus

Elmus had been sitting, waiting for the others for a long time. He was just starting to get concerned, when he noticed Boris, Adara and Mariah approaching. He put away his lute and stood up. As he stood, he noticed Kiah wasn't with them.

Where's Kiah? Wasn't she with you, Adara?

Elmus asked, a look of concern on his face.

Lairston
02-26-2009, 02:52 PM
Boris shrugged his shoulders at Elmus and said, "We're not sure. She was with Adara but has disappeared when she heard Ty."

Boris looked around concerned wondering where she might be.

Jason Sanborn
02-26-2009, 04:14 PM
Elmus

Ty? Who's that?

Lairston
02-26-2009, 06:09 PM
"Ty is the orphan chipmunk riding Adara. She's friend with him."

Cyberwing
02-27-2009, 08:55 AM
"I guess there is no help for it... we must go looking for Kiah." Mariah added looking fearfully around.

Lairston
02-27-2009, 09:20 AM
Boris also was looking around wondering where she could be. Adara said she was right behind her but where was she? He certainly didn't see her. He didn't hear her. This was not a good sign. Not with the Telmarines probably on their trail.

Suddenly he heard a sound off to the left and he looked that way wondering what it was.

Cyberwing
02-27-2009, 09:33 AM
Mariah looked over at Elmus. "Was... that you playing a little while ago?" She asked smiling shyly.

Jason Sanborn
02-27-2009, 10:03 AM
Elmus

Elmus looked at the chipmunk and smiled.

Hello, Ty.

Although he was smiling, inside he was hurting. Hearing the poor chipmunk was orphaned was just another sign of the Telmarine's reign of terror. He then looked at Mariah.

Yes. It's one of Sylvie's favorite melodies. You should hear her sing to the melody, and dance to tune. It's truly magical.

Elmus smiled at the memory, but hidden in the smile was the hint of loss. The knowledge that Sylvie hadn't awoken, and that she wasn't there singing and dancing to the music.

Cyberwing
02-27-2009, 01:56 PM
"I'm sorry Elmus, I know you are sad about Silvie. I'm sad about many of my friends too. Naiads and Dryads both are just not returning... I miss them..." Mariah sighed sadly.

Lairston
02-27-2009, 05:25 PM
Boris came up and put his hand on Mariah's shoulder, "I'm sorry your missing friends in addition to the ones you lost." He was very sad because she was upset. .

Jason Sanborn
02-27-2009, 07:57 PM
Elmus

Elmus looked off into the distance, in the general direction of the Dancing Woods. Sylvie's tree was over there, and she was still asleep inside of it. He sighed and looked back at his friends.

Yes, I'm sad. My love hasn't emerged from her tree. Many of our friends have become dumb beasts, silent trees and streams, or have died completely. The Telmarines have taken away so much from all of us. Sometimes I wonder how much more loss we can handle.

Elmus paused and looked at each of his friends before continuing.

The Telmarines can take everything away from us, but one thing they can't take away from us is our faith in Aslan. They can't take away the joy we have in thinking about him, talking about him, and singing about him. Sure, things are dark now, but Aslan will return and set us free. We can sing to that all of our days, and find our own light in this darkness.

Cyberwing
02-28-2009, 01:32 PM
Mariah looked over at Boris sadly. She knew she was not the only one. He had lost many friends too. The loss had brought them together; Trying to survive and make sense of it all had brought them together...

Mariah looked over at Elmus and studied him a moment after he spoke. "Very well said Elmus. I agree with you," She responded quietly.

Ellesar
02-28-2009, 03:24 PM
After Adara ran off, Kiah started to follow but then stopped and looked back at the food that they had been bringing back. Sitting down, she just looked at it silently for a few minutes as she tried to figure out a way to get it all back in one piece. Finally coming to a decision, she tried to pick it all up at once to take back.

Lairston
02-28-2009, 05:21 PM
Boris nodded his head, "I agree too Elmus. Perfectly said!" He smiled at his friend and winked at him. He might be sad inside but Elmus knew the right thing to say. He always did.

"Hey I think I see her!" He pointed through the trees at Kiah

Cyberwing
03-01-2009, 11:01 AM
Mariah followed Boris' pointed direction and looked for Kiah. "I don't see her..." She frowned. "Let's go over there Boris and see if we can find her..."

Mariah looked back at Boris unwilling to move unless he did. She was still frightened there could be hunters about.

Lairston
03-01-2009, 11:39 AM
Boris looked at Mariah, "Okay. Lets go check it out." He started toward where he thought he saw Kiah and then paused looking back. "I'm not going to leave you Mariah." He said with a smile. Not a chance of that. He took her hand and walked with her toward where he thought Kiah was.

Cyberwing
03-01-2009, 12:26 PM
Mariah blushed and her breath caught in her throat as Boris took her hand. She followed him, staying close to his side, looking around fearfully.

Lairston
03-01-2009, 12:29 PM
Her soft delicate fingers in his hand made him look at her as they walked. He lighted her touch. And he found her quite amazing with her light color and her blush made her even more beautiful in his eyes. He was having trouble keeping that a secret from her even if it was a secret.

Jason Sanborn
03-01-2009, 12:49 PM
Elmus

Elmus watched Boris and Mariah and felt a deep sense of sadness and loss. Boris said he wouldn't leave Mariah. Hadn't Elmus said the same thing to Sylvie many times before? Yet here he was, in Cair Paravel, while Sylvie remained behind, asleep in her cypress tree. He wondered if he should go with the two centaurs, knowing that seeing them together might only continue to bring up the feelings of loss. With a sigh, he realized that he couldn't stay behind, and that, like he said previously, he needed to continue moving forward.

I'll come too.

Elmus said as he followed the two centaurs.

Lairston
03-01-2009, 01:15 PM
Boris looked back "Of course Elmus. You should come to. And Adara and Ty too. We don't want to lose anyone else."

He walked a little ways, "We need to get everyone together and see what we should do. Where we should go to get away from the hunters and everything."

Cyberwing
03-01-2009, 01:25 PM
Mariah nodded, "Oh yes, I think that is a very good idea!"

Lairston
03-01-2009, 01:32 PM
Boris grinned, "Good, we agree!" He laughed joyfully. If Kiah is around like he thought she should hear his boisterous laugh.

Cyberwing
03-01-2009, 02:01 PM
Mariah put a comforting arm around Elmus' shoulders. "Don't worry my friend, it will work out... just as you reminded us so eloquently a moment ago, Aslan has not abandoned us."

Ellesar
03-01-2009, 02:42 PM
Kiah did hear Boris' laughter and shifted direction, trying to find the others as she carefully carried the food.

Cyberwing
03-01-2009, 04:17 PM
"There! There isn't that Kiah? KIAH!" Mariah called out waving.

Lairston
03-01-2009, 04:21 PM
Boris trotted along beside Mariah and grinned when he saw her clearly too. "Yes! There she is! What were you doing Kiah? We were worried about you. With some of us disappearing and all..."

Cyberwing
03-01-2009, 04:41 PM
"OH my goodness... Kiah you were trying to carry all of this? No wonder... here let me help you." Mariah bent down to take some of the load from Kiah.

Ellesar
03-01-2009, 05:13 PM
Kiah let Mariah take some of the load from her and then set the rest down on the ground. "Thanks for the help." she said, sitting down next to some of the food and looking up at Mariah and Boris.

Lairston
03-01-2009, 05:17 PM
Boris looked back at her, "I can take the rest Kiah. Come lets head back to the den and have breakfast."

Cyberwing
03-01-2009, 06:12 PM
"Maybe we can get Elmus to play for us again!" Mariah added with a hopeful smile. Maybe... just maybe there was a small bit of hope for them?

Lairston
03-01-2009, 06:27 PM
"That would be really nice if you would Elmus." He looked over his shoulder as he walked, trusting Mariah to keep him from running into a tree, "Please?"

Ellesar
03-01-2009, 08:29 PM
Kiah looked over at Boris and said, "Thank you as well, Boris." She stood up and swished her tail around thoughtfully as she followed the others back to Cair Paravel.

Cyberwing
03-02-2009, 07:43 AM
Mariah helped to get breakfast put together. They sat down in the ruins and listened to the birds singing until Elmus had a chance to eat his breakfast. It was a very bucolic scene compared to what most of them had been through in the previous 72 hours.

Tigers
03-02-2009, 10:08 AM
Ty was content to ride on top of Adara like a horse. He held very still as if this were a practice he'd done multiple times. He chirped a little greeting to Elmus and was fascinated at appearance of Kiah.

Once they all sat down for breakfast, Ty quietly worked his way over to Kiah. You could almost hear the little chipmunk's sigh as he wondered if this was his mother. He scurried up onto Kiah's back, enjoying the thicker fur and he burrowed through Kiah's coat. He worked his way up to her head as two little beady eye's peered out of the tuft of her fur.

Mama. He exclaimed in awe.

Cyberwing
03-02-2009, 12:32 PM
Mariah giggled at Ty's announcement, but also at Kiah's expression.

Lairston
03-02-2009, 01:25 PM
Boris laughed with Mariah. "I think Ty's found her this time." Tears begin to run down his face as he struggled to contain his laughter to a more acceptable level.

Ellesar
03-02-2009, 02:13 PM
(( :rofl: I want that chipmunk :P))

Kiah was surprised when the little chipmunk came over to her and started to burrow into her fur. Stifling her own laughter she said softly, "Not quite, little one. But you're welcome to stay there for as long as you want to." She gently lay down on her haunches and started to purr softly, content to just let the little chipmunk remain on her head. A sorrowful expression flitted across the cheetah's face as Ty brought back some memories of her past.

Tigers
03-02-2009, 02:35 PM
Adara laughed with the others. When Ty made himself comfortable on Kiah, he began to imitate her purring. It sounded like a choppy high pitched squeak which only made Adara laugh harder.

Ellesar
03-02-2009, 02:44 PM
Kiah couldn't help but smile slightly at Ty's attempt to purr. "Keep practicing little one. You'll get it right eventually." she said softly, not wanting to disappoint him that chipmunk's probably didn't have the ability to purr.

Cyberwing
03-02-2009, 03:25 PM
Mariah smiled. Kiah was obvious enjoying it once she got over her initial shock.

Lairston
03-02-2009, 06:15 PM
Boris eyes shown with humor when Kiah accepted the chipmunk riding on her head. He was having trouble not laughing again.

Cyberwing
03-06-2009, 05:02 PM
Mariah began to hum the tune that Elmus had been playing. She had heard one of her Dryad friends sing it.

Lairston
03-07-2009, 09:52 AM
Boris listened to her hum the song and he would have joined in but she was doing it so beautifully he just listened. And swayed with the tune as he listened.

Ellesar
03-07-2009, 02:52 PM
Kiah smiled slightly as she heard Mariah begin to hum the tune that Elmus had been playing and shifted in order to get more comfortable.

Lairston
03-15-2009, 01:40 PM
Boris looked around when he thought he heard someone coming again. He stopped and listened. "Does anyone here that?" He asked in a concerned voice since they were all together.

Cyberwing
03-16-2009, 06:49 AM
Mariah's head came up and she ceased singing. She was listening, straining to hear any noise. Her muscles tensed, she was ready to spring up to her hooves and run!

Lairston
03-16-2009, 07:53 AM
A Telmarine walked into view. He came to a stop when he saw them.

"Narnians!"

He turned and ran the other way.

Boris looked at the others. "That was unexpected." Then he grinned, "Should we capture him so he can't tell others about us?"

Jason Sanborn
03-16-2009, 02:24 PM
Elmus

Elmus enjoyed playing his lute. He quickly became lost in the melody and had barely noticed when Mariah began humming along. As he played, he envisioned days gone by, when the fawns and the nyphs would dance and play together in the woods. He pictured the birds singing their songs in the trees along with the music. This wasn't the tune of longing, but one of hope. Sweet memories, not bittersweet recollections.

All that came to an abrupt stop when he heard the Telmarine exclaim "Narnians."

We can't let him escape!

Elmus exclaimed.

Cyberwing
03-16-2009, 03:05 PM
"He will lead them here to slaughter us!" Mariah cried. "We must run!"

Lairston
03-16-2009, 03:25 PM
"No Elmus, you're right, we can't" Boris looked at Mariah, "We should try to catch him so we don't have to run." He started after the Telmarine.

The Telmarine was scared. He heard Boris coming. "No no no. I won't tell anyone. Leave me alone."

"Oh yeah sure. Telmarines have been killing our kind right and left." he shouted back at him.

Jason Sanborn
03-17-2009, 11:32 AM
((Taking a little liberty that I normally wouldn't take. Let me know if this is a problem, and I can remove or edit it. ;)))

Elmus watched, worried as Boris chased after the Telmarine. As he watched, as shadow passed over them quite rapidly. Elmus looked up in the sky to see a large winged lion, or eagle, or something of the sort, swoop down on the Telmarine. It was a griffon. He hadn't seen a griffon in a long time, since before the Telmarine invasion, and seeing the majestic beast now brought a smile to the fawn's face.

You're not going anywhere, Telmarine!

The griffon said, grabbing the man in his front talons, lifting the frightened human off the ground.

Perhaps this tree would suit you better.

The griffon hovered slightly at a tall tree, hanging the Telmarine from a high branch. A fall from that height would certainly hurt the man, but probably wouldn't kill him. But it should make escape near impossible.

There. Much better. Now stay! Unless, of course, you know how to grow wings and fly away.

The griffon laughed and flew down to the campsite where the others were.

Lairston
03-17-2009, 01:24 PM
The Telmarine was scared to death as the Griffon swooped in and seized him. When he deposited him in a tree, he clung to the tree and just stayed there weeping that he didn't want to do any harm. He looked down and was afraid to do anything.

Boris had stopped chasing him and was laughing. "Now that's what we like to see. Now you won't be hurting anyone again Telmarine."

The Telmarine looked down now in nager, "^%#^#%^#!!!!

Tigers
03-18-2009, 11:24 AM
Ty was happily curled up in Kiah's fur and sound asleep listening to Mariah sing and Elmus play. The poor little guy was oblivious to the sudden appearance of the Telemarine.

Adara on the other hand had to fight the primal urge to react after having been injured the day before. When the Griffen landed, the tigress was more concerned about others lurking about. The mention of Mariah's name for a bounty and her attack on the Telemarines the other day did not bode well for them to sit back idly. With Ty safe and secure sleeping on Kiah, Adara was felt more at ease scouring the surrounding area.

Stay here all of you. I will check the surrounding area for others.

It wasn't that she didn't trust the Griffin's sight, it was that the trees could block and obscure his vision. It was better to have a pair of eyes on the ground and a good sense of smell behind it. Ignoring the injury in her leg, Adara began to move out at an extended gait to examine their surroundings.

Jason Sanborn
03-18-2009, 10:26 PM
Daeryn

The griffon, Daeryn, noticed the tigress wandering away from the camp, and away from him, as he landed just outside their camp. He could see the she was wounded, and wondered why she was leaving. Was his presence bothering her?

I hope my arrival hasn't frightened anyone.

Daeryn said, loud enough to be heard, even by the tigress the walked away.

I saw the commotion from above and thought I'd come by to help.

Lairston
03-19-2009, 06:17 AM
Boris looked at Daeryn and replied, "No, she just wants to double check the area in case there's anyone hiding that can't be seen from the air I think."
Boris was looking up at the Telmarine and laughed, "Do you like it up there?"

The Telmarine just glared down at the group. "I've learned why Narnians are evil this day." he sputtered back.

Boris looked askance. "Us evil? We don't kill anyone."
"Oh no not you."