PDA

View Full Version : IC Aragoth: The Dark King

Pages : [1] 2

Jessee
12-05-2009, 11:07 AM
[center:10i7tgvg]Aragoth: The Dark King[/center:10i7tgvg]

In the days of old King Vell killed the Dwarf King Ungar Stonebeard and claimed the lands of Kernn for his own. King Vell remained the King of Kernn for almost 60 years. He was known as King Vell the Gentle by the end of his rein for his outstanding treatment of the dwarfs of the land, and to his own subjects. For awhile the Dwarfs and Humans co-existed in harmony. When King Vell passed away of old age many gathered and morned the death of a great man, and a better king. His only son succeeded him, King Grahn. King Grahn had a dark secret, he despised the Dwarfs with every fiber in his body. Soon after his crowning he lead a bloody campaign to rid his lands of the Dwarfs. Many died both Human and Dwarf alike over the years of fighting. The fighting ended with one battle near the West Wall Mountains, it was known as the Red Field after it was done. The Dwarfs were forced into the mountains and have never been heard from again since those days.
King Grahn remained king for 40 years, until one night his son Baelmont killed him in his sleep and claimed the throne for himself. Now this King Baelmont has his eyes on something bigger. After buying many highly skilled wizards, Dragon Knights, and many, many men he invaded Vellgin and quickly over threw King Wess who was forced into hiding. Now King Wess hides in a palace hidden by magic near the Grand Marsh's with nature cover from fog he has sent out carriers to seek out the best of the best to make a task force to help him in his time of need. He said he would take anyone and everyone who was willing to aid him, he would even pay if he had too.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

King Wess sat in his chair at the end of one large rectangular table that had chairs along the sides of it. He was uneasy and he felt queasy. Today was the day his "aids" were supposed to show up. He had a buffet of food that filled the table. From roast pig to cow, and the best fruits of the lands. He fiddled his thumbs as he slowly grew more anxious by the second. He was a tall stern man in his 40's. A well toned man from years of training, and many wars with the lowly rebels of the land who dare threaten his peace. His hair was brown that was slightly graying, it reached the bottom of his ears and it was neatly combed. He had dull brown eyes that shown his anxiety and stress.
Next to him was his head servant Toag, a elder man but still well fit for fighting even at his age. He was tall and slender with an aged face. Toag saw his King fidgeting and heard his sighs.

"My King, do not worry so much. They will be here shortly, you must keep a good appearance for them." Toag said as he leaned over.
"I know, I know, but I still can't help the fact that my Kingdom is at stake." King Wess replied with a sigh, he was really wondering if anyone would show up or if the carriers got to their destinations without being captured by the invading army of King Baelmont. He was slowly growing restless.
"They will be here shortly my King, give it time, show some patience." Toag went on.
"Quiet Toag, I do not need your comments." King Wess said with a wave of his hand.
"Forgive me my King." Toag said with a curt bow then remained silent.

Jessee
12-05-2009, 11:50 AM
Arkvid and Veon walked side by side both dressed in the same robes, they were lead by a man who was sent to them by King Wess, who is in great need because of the recent invasion by King Baelmont. They were lead down many halls and corridors until they came to a large wooden door. The carrier pushed the door open with ease and Arkvid and Veon walked in, the carrier remained on the other side of the door and did not come inside. The King was seated who stood up when they walked in.

"Welcome to my palace, please be seated and help youself to the food, im sure you are weary from travle." The King siad. "But first if you would tell me who you are."

"I am Arkvid of the Black Order, this is my partner Veon, of the Black order, we are here to help you." Arkvid said before seating himself far away from the meats. While Veon sat next to the cow and took a large portion and began eating it with delight.

"Very well Arkvid, and Veon the help is most appreciated even if you are lowly criminals, but you do not have my trust. Cross me and you will die. Others should be here soon so please enjoy the food." King Wess said with a stong stern voice.

Arkvid choose to say nothing else on the matter, instead he indulged on an apple. While Veon feasted on the meats. The servant that was standing next to the king had an odd look about his face as he watched Veon eat the meat.

"I thought Elves were vegetarians." He said after a moment of silence.

"Indeed they are, but hes just different than most." Arkvid said with a smile, with a glare from Veon.

Optimus Prime
12-06-2009, 09:22 AM
Thomas

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll145/sojournfan/Thomas.jpg

Thomas sighed as he followed the princess down the halls of the castle towards her father's war room. Her father was King Baelmont and Thomas was assigned to be the princess's bodyguard. His duty meant following her where ever she went to make sure she remained safe even if he didn't think eavesdropping on the king was wise.

One of these days he is going to catch you.

Sojourn
12-06-2009, 09:27 AM
Princess Cassandra

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll145/sojournfan/cassandra.jpg

Princess Cassandra glared at Thomas as they neared the war room.

Yeah if you give us away by complaining.

She replied. It probably wasn't wise to spy on her father but it was the only way she knew what was going on. Her father thought she was pretty much useless to him since she wasn't boy. She was supposed to smile and look pretty. If her grandfather hadn't insisted she'd be educated, she probably wouldn't even know how to read. She missed her grandfather she thought and held her finger up to Thomas to be quiet so they could overhear what was going on.

Jessee
12-06-2009, 09:49 AM
King Baelmont sat in his throne at the end of a large rectangular table, around the table sat his top advisors, and his generals. King Baelmont was in his early 30's. He was a tall and stern man, with dark black hair and eyes to match. His eyes shown his true nature, cold, heartless and truly vile.

"My King, we have taken over Vellgin as planned. We are searching for King Wess right now and we plan on finding him soon enough." A General said.

"Very good General, and are my preperations set up?" Baelmont siad, as he was looking over the maps of the land. His voice deep and rich.

"Yes my King, your daughter is to marry Riolnn after the next full moon." An Advisor Answered.

"Good, with Riolnn's assistance I should gain support from the Magistairium wizards. And how long is our next attack going to have to wait?" King Balemont asked.

"We should be ready to invade Vella within the month my King." Another General Answered.

"Very good, Dismissed until tomorrow." King Baelmont said with a wave of his hand. The Generals and Advisors were making their way to the door.

Sojourn
12-06-2009, 10:12 AM
Princess Cassandra

Princess Cassandra covered her mouth so her father and his advisors couldn't hear her gasp when she heard him saying she would marrying Riolnn after the next full moon.

I can't marry him! I'm not going to marry him!

She whispered to Thomas. How dare her father even think he could tell her to marry someone? She didn't even know Riolnn and she was in love with Thomas. Not that her father knew that.

Optimus Prime
12-06-2009, 10:18 AM
Thomas

You're right, you're not.

Thomas told Cassandra, he loved Cassandra and he wasn't going to let her father marry her off to someone just to expand his kingdom. He heard the generals and advisors walking towards the door and grabbed her arm.

We'll talk about it later.

He said and motioned for her to walk down the hallway away from the war room so that King Baelmont wouldn't know they were listening in on his plans. He made sure he wasn't touching her though so anyone seeing them would just think the princess had decided to go for a walk.

Sojourn
12-06-2009, 11:32 AM
Princess Cassandra

Princess Cassandra nodded her head to Thomas. The last thing she needed was for one of her father's advisors to see her right outside the war room. She already knew there was no way she was going to marry someone just so her father could expand his kingdom. She quickly walked next to Thomas before anyone left the room. To anyone seeing them, it would look like she had been bored and decided to go for a walk.

Lairston
12-07-2009, 06:37 PM
Havric was busy at his home testing a new spell that he had come across in the spellbooks. One that would turn water into a temporary shield against an attack. He was only having success with it about 70% of the time. And it was annoying him as the water fell to the ground when it wasn't working.

Jessee
12-07-2009, 07:29 PM
The carrier ran as fast as his feet could carry him across the flat land, he followed the directions to the world and followed the land marks until he came upon the destination. A small house, out back was a man who appeared to have dumped water over and looked frustrated. The carrier slowly approached with waving hand catching his breath along the way.

Lairston
12-07-2009, 07:56 PM
Havric clenched his fists and then kicked over the bucket that held the remaining water. He turned and saw the carrier waving toward him and frowned. He wondered what the carrier wanted and was he being sent on another mission for the king. He walked toward him and asked, "What is it?

Jessee
12-07-2009, 08:09 PM
The carrier hunched over until he had caught his breath. The man looked almost upset to see him.

"The King is in dire need of your assistance Captain Havric, he himself requested you, I am not at liberty to discuss further details the King is awaiting you're presence, its not too far from here..." The Carrier managed after a moment.

Lairston
12-07-2009, 08:24 PM
Havric waited for him to catch his breath. He grabbed his staff and other things that he needed and then nodded to the man, "Very well. I shall come with you. Show me where he's at."

He frowned at the fact that the carrier could not tell him what this was about. The king was always keeping things from him that he wanted to know.

He leaned on his staff as he walked and followed the carrier back to the king. He remained standing and waited for the king to tell him what he wanted. He did not bow or show any subservience to the king. He would do as he's requested but that didn't mean he had to bow down and kiss the king's feet.

"You wished to see me sire?"

Sojourn
12-07-2009, 08:41 PM
Princess Cassandra

Princess Cassandra wanted to just run but it wasn't that easy. She might be the daughter of a king but she had no real power. She had to be careful what she did or she would quickly be on her father's bad side and she didn't want that. She approached her father quietly and bowed her head to him.

Is it all right with you father that I retire for the night?

Jessee
12-07-2009, 08:47 PM
King Wess stood when one of his former Captains walked through the door, he gave a slight smile but was quickly replaced with anxiety. He waved for Havric to take a seat by him, and far away from the other two people sitting at the table.

"Welcome my old friend, it is good to see you well and alive after all these years, I thank you for coming on such short notice, and under most grave circumstances. But I fear you'll have to wait awhile longer until all of the others have arrived, but please it is growing late and you may eat if you are famished." King Wess said.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~

Arkvid noticed that the king wanted his friend to stay away from himself and Veon. He thought it was funny because they had been profiled as worthless, heartless, lowly criminals of the underworld.

"Yes this is very good food, wouldn't you agree Veon?" Arkvid said and Veon nodded as he gorged on the meat he had taken.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~
King Baelmont was looking over some papers when his daughter came in, he did not bother to look at her or even acknowledge her presence. He simply waved his hand when she bowed to him. He was already begging to be agitated by her short comings, mainly the fact that she was no heir to his throne, and he would have no thought of her taking over after he was gone.

Optimus Prime
12-07-2009, 08:55 PM
Thomas

Thomas quietly stood near the door when Cassandra approached her father. He knew his place and said nothing. He had gotten good at hiding what he really thought of the king. Cassandra told him how her father thought she was useless and Thomas hated how Baelmont treated her. Inside he was seething with anger when he saw that the king didn't even acknowledge her presence but his face was emotionless as he waited for the princess.

Lairston
12-07-2009, 09:02 PM
Havric looked at the food and then looked at the two black robes. He pulled at his red robes and then moved to the chair and sat down in the seat the king indicated next to him. "It is good to see you also King Wess. I was not sure that you survived the invasion. But now that I see you have, I am glad."

He smiled at the king. It was a genuine smile.

"Indeed I am famished. It will be good to eat at your table once again."

He eyed the black robes again and then took some of the food. He took a bite and proclaimed, "Delicious like I recall your table always being."

Jessee
12-07-2009, 09:10 PM
King Wess was happy to see his former top captain at his side in this dark hour, he was begging to feel he had no one to rely on.

"I am enthralled you liked it, I was beginning to fear no one would come and it would all go to waste." King Wess commented with a bit of sarcasm.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~

Arkvid noticed the red robes the "Captain" wore. He felt the glare and laughed inside.

"Don't worry about that good King, my friend here has a rather large stomach. Fear not Red Wizard, we have no quarrels here. It seems we are to be allies in this dark time. You may set yourself at ease this is a sanctuary for now" Arkvid said with a smile before setting his fruit down on the table.

Sojourn
12-07-2009, 09:11 PM
Princess Cassandra

There was a time that Cassandra would have been upset at her father's attitude towards her but she had grown used it.

Good night Father.

She said although he didn't acknowledge her. It was the proper thing for her to do and the princess had to be proper and respective. She turned and walked out the throne room, leaving her father to his papers.

Optimus Prime
12-07-2009, 09:39 PM
Thomas

Thomas bowed to the king when Cassandra turned to leave, although he was sure Baelmont didn't care he was even there. He opened the door for her and after they were out of her father's earshot he asked.

You're positive you want to do this?

Sojourn
12-07-2009, 09:44 PM
Princess Cassandra

Princess Cassandra nodded her head to Thomas as they walked towards her private chambers.

Very, just like I know we have to do it tonight.

((Will continue this tomorrow. We both got to get some sleep for work.))

Lairston
12-08-2009, 04:30 PM
Havric nodded his head, "I am sure that there are others to come as well. They would not refuse to come for the true king of the land." He smiled, "But I'll try to eat a little more then usual."

He turned to Arkvid when he spoke, "I suppose we are at that." If you can be trusted Havric thought to himself. "Hopefully others will get here soon so we can find out what we're allies in."

Jessee
12-08-2009, 05:37 PM
Arkvid saw the emotions run across Havric's face. He was good at hiding what he truly felt, but not good enough for an elf. He pushed his plate back.

"Now, now, I assure you that I am trustworthy, "cutthroats" we may be by name sake, but even people like me have honor, and pride, by all means if I was an evil being I would not be here, sitting at this table with the King of Vellgin." Arkvid said in a calm voice with a smile. "But alas I can not ask for your trust, even good people would and will do lowly things, especially in a time of war."

"Enough of this banter, sit there and hold your peace." King Wess said after Arkvid was done talking.

"My pardons good King, time is growing weary on my mind."

Cyberwing
12-08-2009, 07:46 PM
The King's messenger was thrown from his horse in a freak accident. The wounded lad was unknown to the local people and thus they had brought him to the mysterious, Bog Witch. They didn't want to abandon the young man but they also wanted no part in the doings of mighty people. The most useful answer was to dump him in the hands of the Bog Witch.

Atch grunted when he recognized the trappings of the messenger's tack. He led the wounded youth's horse into the cabin where Jerilyn lived by herself now. She had moved out only recently after Atch showed her the abandoned cottage. Together they had cleaned it up and for the last year Jerilyn had lived there. The foggy marsh hid her and her family from a great deal and she had no idea of the political climate outside her small little world.

However that was about to change. Atch helped Jerilyn get the young man inside and she began to apply herbs to his wounds to stop the bleeding and then she mixed a poultice for the bruising on his side. That done she took her staff and knelt by his side. She would remain that way for a good while so Atch went outside to smoke a pipe. He heard several horses off to the right where Jerilyn's parents home was, the amount of horses though made Atch nervous. That usually meant something bad was about to happen.
"RUN JERILYN!" He moved to stand up when an arrow thunked into his chest.

Jerilyn ran to the small opening that served as a peeking slit beside the massive wooden and iron door. She saw with horror her friend get shot. She slipped the bolt then grabbed a very startled young man by the hand.
"Awaken! We must go!" She commanded and his eyes opened and he found he could move. He was still bandaged but he was no longer in pain.
"They have killed my friend, we must go into the deep fog. Come." Jerilyn took her crystal staff, grabbed a backpack already full of many supplies, tucked her knives into their sheaths at her waist and led the young man down to a door. The door opened into a tunnel that led to a root cellar some distance away. She led him out of the cellar and onto a path into the heavy foggy marshes. She seemingly followed a path of some sort although the young messenger could not imagine what it was she saw or followed for nothing made sense to him.

The sounds of the horses and soldiers faded into the distance quickly. Soon merely the sounds of frogs and marsh birds met their ears. Jerilyn would stop and listen a moment then turn in a direction and walk using her staff to make her way.
"Follow in my footsteps..." Jerily whispered to the young man. Now he noticed her limp. He wondered about it but did not say anything. Finally she stopped and they seemed to be in a very small area of ground with two old tree trunks laying on their side.
"Rest now," she told him quietly. She sat down and rummaged through her pack. Withdrawing a few strips of a dried meat, she handed one piece to the messenger. It was surprisingly tasty and gave him strength.
"Why are you here?" She asked and sat down opposite him.
"I'm supposed to find Atch, the King wants him to come."
"Atch was my friend they killed. Why did they do that?" Jerilyn asked and tilted her head looking at the messenger.
"Atch was a retired swordmaster and trainer of the knights for the King. Who are you?"
"I am a healer... I heal people and animals."
"Will you come with me and help others who need you?" the young man asked her.
"I don't know... I..." Jerilyn turned as the smell of smoke joined the boggy smell of the marsh. She closed her eyes and listened to the animals.
"They have set fire to my home... I must go back to check on my parents."
"Actually, if you go back you will endanger them AND most likely die. If you want them to survive, they must not know where you are." The young man told her urgently.
"Truly? It would endanger them? Then I must not do it..." Jerilyn sighed. She did not know what to do. She had never been without anyone else to ask. Suddenly Atch was dead and her parents were too far away to check on, not to mention she might endanger their lives as the young man said. She sighed.
"Very well then, I will try to get you where YOU need to go, then I will decide what to do." Jerilyn smiled.

After several hours she led the messenger onto a path he recognized. "We aren't far from the place we need to go. Come on!" Jerilyn smiled at the young man's enthusiasm although she didn't understand and followed him.

Optimus Prime
12-08-2009, 08:33 PM
Thomas

Thomas took note of where the other guards were as they walked. He nodded his head to Cassandra when she assured him she was positive she wanted to do this.

If that's what you wish Princess then we'll do it.

He opened the door to her private chambers and quietly followed her inside.

Sojourn
12-08-2009, 08:48 PM
Princess Cassandra

Princess Cassandra smiled at Thomas.

Thank you.

Without Thomas' help, Cassandra knew there was no way she could get out this castle and survive. She had been sheltered all her life. She walked behind the changing screen and put on the simplest dress she could find. It wasn't an easy task. What her father lacked in showing her love, he made up by giving her expensive and useless things. She put on the dark purple dress that she hoped wouldn't scream that she was rich and grabbed her jewelry box. She truly didn't care for jewelry but some of the pieces were valuable and she could pawn them. She did put one necklace that had her family's crest around her neck and tucked it under her neckline. She turned to Thomas.

I'm ready.

Lairston
12-08-2009, 09:01 PM
Havric raised an eyebrow at the king when he told he and Arkvid to hold their peace. He nodded, "My apologies for for letting my thoughts appear on my face sire and offending your other guests."

He turned to Arkvid "And you are right even good people can be drawn into doing something low if pushed."

He ate some more of the food that he had placed on his plate. He enjoyed it greatly.

"So where do you travel from?" he asked Arkvid.

Optimus Prime
12-08-2009, 09:44 PM
Thomas

Thomas smiled back to Cassandra.

You're welcome. You know I'd do anything for you.

He meant it too. Thomas waited near the door while Cassandra change and grabbed the jewelry box.

Then let's get out of here.

He told the princess, they had to get out of the castle tonight. Thomas opened the door and looked around to see where the other guards were. He motioned for Cassandra to follow him down the hall. They hurried down the servant staircase, there were no servants up at this time. They had all headed to bed. After getting out the castle through the servants' area, they carefully and quietly made their way across the castle grounds to the horse stable. Inside the stable, Thomas dropped his guard armor. It probably wasn't wise but he didn't want to take the risk of someone recognizing it. He found a woman's cloak that had been left in stable and handed it to Cassandra to wear.

Here, we don't want too many people distracted by your beautiful face.

He told her with a wink and helped Cassandra on one of the horses. He got on another they rode the horses off the castle grounds in the middle of the night.

Sojourn
12-08-2009, 09:56 PM
Princess Cassandra

And I for you.

Cassandra replied to Thomas. She wished she could kiss him but it was too risky in her father's castle to do that. She loved Thomas but if her father knew that she was sure he'd kill Thomas. She quietly followed him out the castle and into the stables. She laughed when he handed her the cloak and put it on.

I'm not sure about that, but yeah I don't want anyone to recognize me.

She dumped the contents of the jewelry box into her saddle bag and followed Thomas off the castle grounds on horseback. It felt good riding away from the castle and be free of her father.

Cyberwing
12-09-2009, 05:30 AM
Jerilyn looked around as they neared a place Atch had taken them countless times to find various plants. She was shocked when the messenger appeared to 'open' the side of a small hillock but pulling a stump downward. This opened into a tunnel. Jerilyn narrowed her eyes. She wasn't sure about going underground in the Grand Marshes. That seemed impossibly dangerous.
"Come it will be okay..." the messenger replied and entered. She shrugged and finally entered the dark unknown, even though it made her uncomfortable.

"How long must we be in this dark tomb?" She shuddered.

"Only a short way now." The messenger brought Jerilyn out into the halls of the meeting area. He led her to a door and rapped at the door in a special series of knocks. The messenger opened the door and escorted Jerilyn inside.
"Sire, I was attacked by a recon unit. Atch was killed by Baelmont's men before I could get to him. I did bring another though, a healer." He bowed before the King and then indicated Jerilyn.
Jerilyn was looking around. She tilted her head as she looked at Arkvid. He gave her a strange feeling she simply had no experience for. Her strange eyes moved to Veon and she caught her breath as his eyes caught hers, it was as though he held her trapped! Her eyes could not move on until Veon smiled and released her.
Jerilyn's now frightened eyes turned to Havric, taking note of his attire and the color difference. Then she looked back at the King.
"Oh... hello. Forgive me. I am Jerilyn, Healer of the Marsh." She smiled and her eyes continued to travel about the room, fascinated.

Jessee
12-09-2009, 07:42 AM
"We came from The Distant Isles, but not from the Magistairium." Arkvid answered. "Nothing more on the matter may I say."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~

The King was upset to hear Atch was killed, he was a valuable tool needed. But he was grateful to have the help.

"Welcome Jerilyn, I am King Wess and this is my home for now. It is most reassuring to have a friend of Atch here in his stead. Lets morn his death in silence of our own peace. Please take a seat, you may eat if you like there is plenty. We will give it more time before I elude on any specifics, in case others show up." King Wess said. "You are dismissed solider, good work go get some rest now."

Arkvid noticed the limp as soon as she walked through the door, she was young and appeared to be human at the least, if not she aged like one. She was beautiful by many men's standards. He saw the wooden staff and was hurt, it had come from Vella's Woods. His own staff had come from the same woods as well, except his was all that was left of his home after they destroyed it. He saw the looks she gave him, and she was paralyzed by fear once she looked at Veon. He smiled trying to ease some of the tension. She seemed more relived to hear the kings voice than anything.

"Ironic, a maimed healer..." Arkvid commented. "It must have been hard as a child, especially in this corrupted world. Let me ask you, do you have difficulties completing certain tasks because of it?."

Cyberwing
12-09-2009, 08:52 AM
Jerilyn turned her intriguing eyes to Arkvid and crossed her arms. For a brief moment she studied him.

"Of course it provides me with challenges, Master of Magic. I am not a swift runner as any child could tell you. If you decide to place me in a foot race I would highly recommend you bet your purse against me. Do not forget the tale of the rabbit and the turtle, underestimating another can prove unwise. However, I complete what I start, if that is what you are asking." Her reply was delivered in an even tone, one eye brow arched delicately.

"And as to being a 'maimed healer'... I am not. I am a Healer, period. I merely happen to have a crooked leg. I am ever thankful I still can use my leg so I suppose it is all in the perspective you have..." Jerilyn gazed evenly at Arkvid.

Lairston
12-09-2009, 09:06 AM
Havric sighed when he couldn't go further into details. But he understood.

When Jerilyn became angry at Arkvid, Havric commented, "I doubt a crooked leg prevents you from doing what you need to. And we'll definitely be relying on you. So I for one will not be seeing you as maimed. More like a lifesaver."

Jessee
12-09-2009, 09:09 AM
Arkvid noticed how defensive she was about her leg. And thought it was kind of Havric to stand up and defend her.

"I did not mean to offend you, I was simply wondering if it was hard to run with a swift stride, or fight with sure footing. And would I ever underestimate another person. Certainly one with skills of an apothecary. I was only trying to learn about your leg, and to offer you a remedy." Arkvid replied in a clam respectful tone.

Cyberwing
12-09-2009, 09:25 AM
The healer turned to smile at Havric. "Atch told me I was skilled beyond anyone he had knowledge of. I hope to live up to your expectations."

Jerilyn's ears perked up and she turned to study Arkvid with her strange eyes. "A remedy? Please elucidate Master of Magic." She was slightly amused they assumed she was angry. She was not. If anything she was making light of her handicap as she would often do. It was the man at the table, Veon that held the fascination in the back of her mind. Looking into those eyes she had felt captured, held fast by a fascinating mystery but also a frightening one. She wanted to know much more about Veon but now was not the time to pry. She apparently had become the topic of conversation and to her dismay she would need to dispatch those before she could attempt to learn more about Veon.

Jessee
12-09-2009, 09:34 AM
Arkvid noticed how she caught her attention when he offered her a remedy. He did not care to be called master of magic, he also noticed how curious she was about Veon, naturally they all should, an elf eating meat that was an odd sight.

"Please call me Ark, or Arkvid. I am no master of magic yet, there is a lot I have yet to learn. But yes, I could fix your leg with magic and put the bones back into place the way they should be, giving you that leg you have been without all these years. Now before you come to any assumptions about me, this is not a gimmick or a trick, I want to show my good will towards you all. And I am sure you wouldn't mind being healed yourself." Arkvid said with a serious voice.

Cyberwing
12-09-2009, 09:49 AM
"Very well,.. Arkvid. There have been many attempts to heal my affliction, always beginning with terrible pain, ending in heartache." Jerilyn eyed the magic user with a doubtful look.

Jessee
12-09-2009, 09:56 AM
Arkvid saw the doubt that filled her eyes.

"Well, it will hurt I will not lie to you. But, I doubt you have met someone of my skills, I myself have been altered, so I think I would have the best shot at healing your leg." Arkvid said after a moment of contemplation.

"With respect, I have seen him do amazing things with magic." Veon said, his voice deep, rich, and soothing. It was almost un-natural to the common ear.

"You give me too much credit Veon." Arkvid replied, with a smile.

Cyberwing
12-09-2009, 10:11 AM
Jerilyn shook her head. "I do not think it wise at this time. Perhaps in the future we will discuss the possibilities again." When Veon spoke though, it was as if his deep voice sent pain searing through her head. She turned to look at him, pain in her eyes.

"Who are you?" she whispered softly.

Jessee
12-09-2009, 10:21 AM
Arkvid was disappointed when she turned down his offer, he noticed how she reacted when Veon spoke. She had different ears he could tell, she was not all human after all. Veon smiled when she asked who he was but did not comment.

"We wish not to disclose our pasts so soon in our friendship, forgive us, and forgive me. But to be honest, you should consider letting us help you sooner rather than later, this is a war, and what you have is fixable, I've dealt with bigger broken and misshapen bones than a person before. It would be wise to get your leg fixed, there will be times when we need to run, and when everyone will need to fight. There are others out there, strong foes, we will need every one in tip-top shape. But if it a personal conflict, then I apologize." Arkvid said.

Cyberwing
12-09-2009, 11:36 AM
Jerilyn smiled at Arkvid. "As you say we have only just met. Forgive me, I do not wish to offer offense either but I too am wary. Let us have some time together and perhaps your offer will be more favorable for me." She dipped her head to him in acquience. Her eyes revealed no deception merely a healthy wariness of those she did not know.

Jessee
12-09-2009, 12:06 PM
Arkvid smiled. He had nothing else to say on the matter.

"I'll be back, I need some air." Arkvid said standing up and walking out of the room, Veon followed promptly.

The walked down the hall, and up a flight of stairs. They continued until they were outside the well hidden palace. Arkvid found a dry spot and sat down against the wall. Veon sat next to him.

"I wonder how much longer it'll be until the rest of the people come, I grow weary of waiting Veon, and our goals are so close I can almost see them in my hand." Arkvid said, looking out into the fog.

"Patience you have yet to learn little one," Veon replied with a smile. "some things take time."

Arkvid let out a deep sigh, it was getting darker, soon it would be night. Arkvid's body was aching, he was growing tired.

"Yeah I know, but still. I'm eager." Arkvid said with a smile.

"You smile a lot these past few days, things are looking up after all. I can feel your joy." Veon commented.

"Well, great things have been presented to us. And finally we can be done with the past." Arkvid said.

They sat there in silence waiting for something to come out of the fog, another person, or a group of people. It was better than sitting in a chair they thought.

Cyberwing
12-09-2009, 12:43 PM
Jerilyn watched them both go and looked stunned. "I'm sorry... I did not mean to offer offense..." she said softly and slipped down into a chair with a frown.

"Forgive me for offending your guests. I shall return home Sire." Jerilyn bowed her head to the King and Havric. She was miserable that Arkvid and Veon had left and she felt it was her fault. She sighed, fearing their exit while covered was merely to mask their frustration at her refusal to allow them to perform magic on her.

Jerilyn had not wished to tell them her reasons, not in front of everyone. She had already gone this route once before and it had ended badly. Jerilyn shivered remembering the agony of the attempt. The magic user had been caught in a mirror of what Jerilyn suffered. Unable to handle the forces he had become lame. The magic user had glared at her with such hatred, then told her parents she was cursed and truly the kindest answer for all would be to put her to death.

Jerilyn wrapped her arms around herself for a moment to belay the shiver of horror. She reached for her goblet and drank deeply of the dark liquid.

Jessee
12-09-2009, 01:11 PM
The King did not believe a word the pair of dark wizards spat out. He had no trust and did not believe a good will in either of them. If he was not so desperate he would have thier heads on a spike.

"No, no, please sit, and stay. I'm sure they took no ill will too it, they are lowly people who have done many bad things for coin, and I have promised lots of gold, they will not abandon it so easily. Do not give them your trust ever, they're no good. If there was no coin in it they would not be here. I'm sure if they are offered more, they would have a sudden change of heart. They are part of the Black Order, they are shameless people who should be taken care of. You help is most appreciated Jerilyn, more so than theres." King Wess said after Jerilyn had taken a drink of wine. His servant nodded his head in agreement.

Cyberwing
12-09-2009, 01:23 PM
Jerilyn smiled at the King warmly. "Then I shall stay and offer you what aid I may. I must admit, I know very little of what effects the lands. I have lived in isolation for far too many years and know nothing of the climate of things. I do however know that I am called to aid those in need of healing." The wine sent a comforting warmth through her veins and she relaxed a bit.

Jessee
12-09-2009, 01:28 PM
The King returned the smile.

"Well then I must apologize to tell you that these are dark times." King Wess said with a frown, he took a drink of the wine as well.

Cyberwing
12-09-2009, 02:03 PM
Jerilyn frowned. "Then the murder of Atch was not a mere mistake of any kind..." Her heart was still in shock from his death. She still expected to see him come striding into the room and scolding her for not staying alert enough. She had not really allowed her self any time to reflect or think on what had happened, due to Atch's training she had reacted quickly and with certainty, not questioning, merely doing.

'Atch... what should I do now? I had some semblance of purpose, you kept telling me, I was being prepared for something important, was this it? Were you preparing me to serve this group of people?' Thus far she had disappointed half of them, things did not look good for her.

Jessee
12-09-2009, 02:30 PM
The King shook his head slowly side to side after taking another drink of wine.

"No I fear it was intentional, by King Baelmont's army." King Wess said with a quiet voice.

Cyberwing
12-09-2009, 02:43 PM
Jerilyn did not want to think of Atch being murdered with evil intent. Itwould bring her to hatred and she must not go there. So she merelynodded at the King and looked down, unable to share her own shock atAtch's sacrifice to save her and the messenger.

Jerilyn turned to the quiet, red robed magic user. She could tell by the robes. Only the mages used them still.
"How far have you traveled, Havric? I see by the dust on your robes you have been traveling."

Lairston
12-09-2009, 02:54 PM
Havric smiled at Jerilyn and told her, "I came from my home in Traol. Its to the east a ways I think. The carrier came to fetch me and brought me here. With the turns I might have the wrong direction"

He added with a sheepish grin, "I was attempting to learn a new defensive spell for protection when he found me. Turning water into a shield."

He shrugged, "It hasn't been very successful thus far."

He sighed, "I'm sorry about Atch. He was a good friend."

Cyberwing
12-09-2009, 03:01 PM
Jerilyn leaned toward Havric slightly. "You knew Atch? Really? Tell me about him? I only knew him as my Teacher and Grumpy Old Bear...." Jerilyn giggled and her strange brown eyes with the gold ring around them watched Havric intently.

Cyberwing
12-09-2009, 03:06 PM
"Atch always told me I needed to have a good shield. Are these shields hard to master?" Jerilyn asked curiously.

Lairston
12-09-2009, 03:15 PM
Havric smiled, "Well he was old when I met him as well. But we both were called into the king's service like we've been here. And he was a good story teller. I enjoyed listening to him at night."

"But I wouldn't be here if it wasn't for him. I became exhausted during casting of spells and I was wounded badly with an opponent's sword. I was carted back to the camp and he looked me over. He shook his head and I thought I was doomed. But he went to work and he managed to save my life despite what should have been a mortal wound."

"He continued to tell me stories while I recovered and I enjoyed it greatly. That's how we really became friends. I can't believe he's gone." He looked down.

He sighed, "Oh its been a real pain to learn the spell. You fling the water out of the bucket and while its falling cast the spell. Unfortunately, it only works like 70% of the time."

Jessee
12-09-2009, 03:36 PM
King Wess drank another cup of wine.

"Yes, he was a great man, none the better I'd say he was a great companion, and a better friend. We will all miss him in our hearts." King Wess said as he placed his empty cup on the table.

A moment passed by in silence before a solider had walked in and whispered something to the servant who whispered too the king. He nodded his head and whispered something back. The solider walked out after hearing the reply to what ever it was.

Cyberwing
12-09-2009, 06:30 PM
Jerilyn took a sip from her goblet and set it back on the table. She looked at Havric, trying not to look like she was being nosy. She didn't want to make either the King or the servant uncomfortable so she kept her gaze elsewhere but she did take note of the whispered conversation and the servants quick departure.

Sojourn
12-09-2009, 09:34 PM
Princess Cassandra

The farther Cassandra and Thomas got away from the castle, the better she felt. For the first time in her life she felt free. She didn't know where they would be going but she knew she didn't want to go back to the castle. As they rode in the countryside, she smelled smoke and heard yelling.

I wonder what that is about...

She said to Thomas and she couldn't stop herself from finding out. She turned the horse to find the source and frowned when she saw a man yelling at a wizard who was holding his staff at house. A woman holding a baby was standing there crying as a group of on lookers watched as guards kept them at bay. She stopped the horse and asked a nearby man.

Excuse me, what is going on?

Vaan complained that King Baelmont's taxes were too high. Now they are going to burn his house to the ground.

Cassandra watched in anger as the wizard set the house on fire. She almost ordered him to stop but she wondered what good it would do. She had no real power and her father would know too soon that she wasn't in the castle. After the wizard and the guards left, she dismounted the horse and reached into the saddle bag to grab a handful of the jewelry. She walked over to the couple whose house was gone.

I know this can't replace what you just lost, but it'll give you a fresh start.

They looked at her in surprise not realizing she was the princess.

Kind lady we can't take this...

Said the wife and Cassandra pressed the jewelry in her hand.

You need to. Your baby needs a warm place to sleep.

She turned to walk back to her horse and mounted it. Vaan asked her.

How can we ever repay you?

You don't have to.

She said with a smile and turned the horse to continue on her way.

Optimus Prime
12-09-2009, 09:45 PM
Thomas

Thomas was glad to be out of the castle as well. Now he didn't have to hide his feelings for Cassandra. They had no idea where they were going but they both figured they'd figure it out as they went. He frowned when he smelled the smoke and heard Vaan yelling.

It can't be good.

He said and turned his horse to follow Cassandra as she investigated it. He was shocked and angry as it even if it was wiser to stay back so King Baelmont wouldn't hear they were there. At least Cassandra gave the family a second chance. As they rode away, he told her.

You are truly an angel. Most people wouldn't give away jewelry worth that much.

Sojourn
12-09-2009, 09:54 PM
Princess Cassandra

Probably but don't you know by now I'm not like most people? I couldn't just do nothing, they lost their home. Besides I'm sure my father's taxes are too high, he has to fund his selfish war some how.

Cassandra said with a sigh. She hoped Vaan and his family would find a safe place to stay. Cassandra and Thomas headed east. They had been riding for a few hours, only stopping once to eat and a few other times to let the horses get a drink. As they neared the East Wall Mountains they were stopped by the scouts of King Wess. They demanded to know what they were doing there and Cassandra showed them her necklace with the family crest on it and tried to assure them that they meant no harm. Since she was King Baelmont's daughter they didn't trust her and led her and Thomas to where King Wess was.

Optimus Prime
12-09-2009, 10:06 PM
Thomas

That's true and that's one the many reasons why I love you.

Thomas replied to Cassandra with a grin when she commented she wasn't like most people. She truly was the only good thing her father brought to the world, not that many people knew that. After all she had been sheltered her whole life, kept away from commoners. When Thomas had been first assigned to her bodyguard, he assumed she would be shallow, spoiled, and selfish but he had learned quickly how wrong his assumptions about her were. When they eventually encountered King Wess' scouts he went with them without a fight. They were outnumbered and he didn't want to make enemies. Hopefully King Wess would actually listen to them and not assume they were some sort of spies for King Baelmont.

Jessee
12-10-2009, 10:20 AM
King Wess was sitting in his chair when a handful of his scouts arrived leading a young women and a man. The girl was supposed to be of King Baelmont's family, as for the man they did not know. He dismissed his scouts from the room. Arkvid and Veon made their way back inside after the scouts had filed out. The women and man stood at the end of the table. King Wess stood from his seat, he was unsure of what to do.

"Who are you? and what are you doing here?" King Wess asked with uncertainty.

Cyberwing
12-10-2009, 01:43 PM
Jerilyn smiled at both of them. They looked more uncomfortable than she had felt. Her heart went out to them. She hoped her smile would reassure them a bit. Maybe if they saw one smile they might not feel so intimidated. She hoped so.

Sojourn
12-10-2009, 08:04 PM
Princess Cassandra

The fact you actually got to know the real me, is one of the many reasons why I love you.

Cassandra had told Thomas with a smile before they encountered King Wess' scouts. She smiled at Jerilyn and then turned to King Wess.

My name is Cassandra, I'm the daughter of King Baelmont.

She showed King Wess the family crest on her necklace.

This is my beloved Thomas. We didn't mean to trespass on your land. We are trying to get as far away from the castle and my father as we can.

Tigers
12-10-2009, 08:19 PM
Eruraviel

Eruraviel and Sky had been away from Vella for only a week now and already she was missing the trees, streams and creatures of the forest. For an Elf to commune with nature was as natural as breathing air and the young appearing elf’s face showed her distress at being away from home. Twice now she had failed her father, why could they not understand that their very home whispered of the evil plotting of men to take their lands.

She was only trying to protect them, trying to preserve the forest and creatures within it. She had never meant to lose so many under her command, but small skirmishes of rogue men had attacked the outer lying edges of the forest. Had she not pushed her people onward they would have over run their position moving deeper into the forest. It was not that she did not believe in the power of her own people and that of the forest itself, she merely was trying to protect them from the off chance that a human would get lucky.

They had stopped to rest near a stream of water, and Eruraviel knelt at the edge to commune with the body of water. Although it felt foreign to her, it still obeyed her commands. To her chagrin, it only made her miss her home that much more and from the reflection a sad face stared back at her. Sky popped up over top his bonded and gazed at the reflection, a wide dragon smile rippled back at her from the water as she glared at it.

“You look like a fool Sky.” She replied.

But the manipulations of the water created several versions of her bonded that finally made Eruraviel smile. She would have replied with another sarcastic comment when her elvish ears picked up the sound of noise, she quickly drew her bow and focused it in the direction it came from. The man that emerged was dressed as a messenger, one she had learned to recognize as that from a royal house.

“Eruraviel of Vella, known as Ariel-”

“What is it that you want from me human-”She replied curtly.

After a moment of explanation, Eruraviel put down her bow and agreed to follow the messenger. What a human king would want with her, she could only guess- But she was bound by duty as an Elf of noble blood to respond properly according to her people’s customs and her father’s wishes.

When they arrived at their destination, Sky waited until no one was around and went invisible to hide from prying eyes. Eruraviel followed the messenger until they reached the king. Her eye’s looked around the room at the others as she pulled her hood down from around her face. She appeared to be but a child, although she was in fact 120 years old. With the king occupied with another human’s attention at the moment, she merely acknowledged the king out of respect when he looked her way.

Optimus Prime
12-10-2009, 08:33 PM
Thomas

Thomas stood close to Cassandra to protect her although he kept his sword at his side. He didn't want to start a fight. He nodded his head to Jerilyn when she smiled at them. He turned to King Wess and told him.

Cassandra's father wants to her marry someone to further his reign on the world. Obviously we didn't want that to happen.

Jessee
12-10-2009, 08:44 PM
King Wess stood from his seat, the daughter of King Baelmont runs away he thought silently. What an odd blessing he added on.

"I see, well let me offer you refuge from him. I am not cruel, but you may not leave the eyes of my kingdom." King Wess said after she answered his previous question. "I only ask you to comply and lend me any information you know in return for my generosity."

Soon after he had finished what he was saying, another person walked in. She was younger, but elven, her ears had giving her away so King Wess could not guess her age, although she looked to be in her early teens.

Arkvid sat in his original seat, Veon sat across from him. He was a bit surprised to find the daughter of King Baelmont here of all occasions. He thought it was funny, just as it seemed they had the beginning disadvantage of a war, tables have turned. If anything she was a powerful asset to his plans, now those have been foiled as long as she remains here. Arkvid noticed the other person that had arrived, a young elf he thought at first glance. But Veon stare had confirmed his assumption.

"I'm beginning to feel out of place with all this royalty here." Arkvid said after the young elf sat down. "I think enough people have shown up good king, please elude on what you need done."

Optimus Prime
12-10-2009, 09:20 PM
Thomas

Thank you and I think your offer is reasonable. Cassandra's eavesdropped on her father enough times so I'm sure it'll help.

Thomas told King Wess and held out a chair for Cassandra and then sat down at the table himself.

If you don't mind me asking, what exactly is going on?

Sojourn
12-10-2009, 09:38 PM
Princess Cassandra

Cassandra nodded her head.

I think it is reasonable as well, so thank you. I'm sure there are very few people in the world as cruel as my father is.

Cassandra told King Wess, what had happened to Vaan and his family was still fresh on her mind. She looked over at Arkvid.

Well in my experience being royalty isn't that great. Unless you like someone telling you where to go and how to dress.

She had spent all her life doing what others told her to do. She remembered looking at her own reflection and not recognizing who was looking back at her.

Thomas' right, I do know a lot of what my father's plans are. I overheard him saying that he plans to invade Vella within the month.

Jessee
12-10-2009, 09:42 PM
Arkvid smiled at the princess.

King Wess was relieved to hear that they were going to comply with his demands, he waited until she was seated.

"The people you see here are here because I have asked them here, for assistance in assassination of King Baelmont and stopping the invading army, and to lead a swift counter attack on the nation of Kernn to take over and see a new king take its place." King Wess said "Of the 40 some requests for assistance, you are the only ones to show up. From what abilities you have as a collective I do not know, nor do I know any specifics about most of you. Simply put, you must kill King Baelmont. The reward is whatever you wish that I can grant within reason. None of you have to stay, but I assume most of you are here by choice already." King Wess concluded.

Arkvid figured the much when the King told them the plan. He was here because of his own reasons, not for the money that he did not need. He took note of those who were around the table.

"I am here to help." Arkvid said after the king was finished talking.

Lairston
12-10-2009, 10:15 PM
Havric sat there and looked at the princess and her guard. He didn't say anything but just studied them Trying to determine if they were telling the truth. He was suspicious of them. This story that the king was going to force her to marry someone else did sound like something the tyrant would do. But it also would be a good way to get sympathy for his spy.

When the elf appeared he sat up.

He agreed with Arkvid, "Yes we should be told what is going on now."

He frowned when the king revealed that they were all that came from 40 requests. "Apparently many like living under tyranny."

He nodded when Wess revealed that they were here to kill Baelmont. He smiled at the payment, "I like those terms."

Cyberwing
12-11-2009, 06:04 AM
Jerilyn sat there in shock. Kill King Baelmont? She took a deep breath then shook her head. "I am a healer. I do not kill people. I can not agree to this. Evidently Atch was sadly mistaken in my ability to take his place."

She stood and eyed King Wess with rising anger. "How can you ask such a thing in front of his own daughter? Such a lack of compassion is unbecoming of a ruler!"

Tigers
12-11-2009, 10:08 AM
Eruraviel

Eruraviel made no response to Arkvid's comment. It was understandable if her paler skin or her mannerisms gave her away, but speaking about her noble birthright was not something the younger elf wished to discuss, even in casual conversation. The closest thing to an emotional response the younger elf came to was at the declaration of the human princess. For a moment, a concerned looked etched her brow, she knew that there had to be more to the skirmishes along the borders than was given credit.

But she would not take part in an assassination of another human. To defend their land from invaders or to ally with the humans against a greater evil was one thing, but to declare the assassination attempt of a king that until the recent announcement had only concerned the humans was something altogether different. After the first refusal to help King Wess, Eruraviel added another.

"The elves are not assassins King Wess."She replied as she cast a glance at Arkvid.

"Most of the elves are not assassins. We do not make war for profit or gain as humans do. Only against a greater evil or a threat to our lands will we pick up our bow and sword. But this is not my decision, it is that of the leaders of Vella and they should be notified at once about King Baelmont's intentions."

Sojourn
12-11-2009, 11:01 AM
Princess Cassandra

Cassandra was speechless at first when King Wess said he planned to kill her father. Various emotions were going through her. She might not always like her father and he knew he barely tolerated her, but he was still her father. She couldn't sit here and listen to people plot his death. She stood up and although she had the urge to yell, she was composed.

My father is cruel, evil, and unjust. Our own people hate him and with good cause. However, he is still my father and I cannot be a part of someone trying to kill him even if he has always viewed me useless to him because I was not born male. I will help you stop him expanding his rule over these lands. I will help you stop his rule over what he already has, but I cannot kill him.

She turned her blue eyes to King Wess.

I will not kill him. You plotting to do so makes you no better then him. That is something my father would do to his enemies.

Optimus Prime
12-11-2009, 11:09 AM
Thomas

When Cassandra stood up, Thomas stood up as well. He didn't like King Baelmont but he wouldn't kill because regardless of how the king treated Cassandra, Thomas knew she would be upset at her father's death.

If that's your conditions for staying here, I'd rather take my chances with King Baelmont. At least I already know how he is.

Cyberwing
12-11-2009, 11:45 AM
"Forgive me for my intrusion, King Wess. I pray your servant will be okay but it is time for me to withdraw. As I am neither an assassin nor a war monger, I appear to be in the wrong place." Jerilyn bowed her head respectfully to the King. Then turned to Princess Cassandra and also bowed to her.

"Milady..." Jerilyn turned and began to limp proudly to the exit, using her staff to keep her steady. Her head was held high and resolute in spite of her limited movement.

Lairston
12-11-2009, 12:44 PM
Havric frowned, "So you would let one of us die if we are injured rather then stay and help by healing the injured? No one says you have to provide the killing blow. And if he is captured alive then so be it. But we can't be handcuffed when they are not. That is a recipe for disaster."

Cyberwing
12-11-2009, 01:06 PM
Jerilyn turned slowly to look at Havric. "How pray tell can I ease my conscience knowing that I'm mending those whose mission it is to KILL another. No... if our mission were to stop King Baelmont, that would be different. There are ways to stop a tyrant without assassinating them, have you not listened to the stories of old? No Magic User, I can not condone the planned murder of this girls father. What kind of healer would I be if I were party to a murder plot? NO. I will aid in stopping his tyranny but I will not set forth with murderous intent. My heart would become corrupted by the agreement with such a heinous plan."

"I agree with the elven maiden. I agree King Baelmont's cruelty must be stopped. However I will not set out with such a purpose as has been proposed."

Jessee
12-11-2009, 01:07 PM
King Wess let out a deep sigh, he knew this was not going to be easy.

"Listen to me, your father killed your grandfather, took over a nation and hurts his lands, now he plans on expanding his tyranny all over the world. Do you really want to see him own the world? he is no fit king. I am not asking you to kill him, and I am not asking you either Jerilyn to kill anyone. I have others here who can do that for you. But he needs to be stopped. Now I known Atch, he would not take a mans life if it had no good cause, this is plenty cause. He is a vile man who has cast out his own blood. And has cut down many innocents of my land, and his, he cannot go unpunished. Imprisonment is not acceptable, his blood is the only atonement he can offer." King Wess said.

Arkvid disregarded the comment from the young elf. He knew that only some could hear the land, he heard the wind speak of the truth.

"Now, now. Everyone needs to calm down and think about this for a moment. If we don't do something, no one will. And I have heard the trees talk, and the wind whisper, they do not lie. If we do not stop him the trees will burn, and the lands will be stained red. More innocents will die. Ask yourselves, is the life of one man worth the lives of many people, no one will be shown mercy by him, elders, children, women or men it wont matter to him. Now I know that sounds bad coming from me, but thats the truth." Arkvid said in a calm tone.

Tigers
12-11-2009, 02:32 PM
Eruraviel

Eruraviel turned toward Arkvid, she knew the words he spoke to be true. She had heard them herself and had tried to convince her father. But the random skirmishes at the border have always happened, and he saw no reason for alarm or heard anything from nature other than the normal evils of man.

“He speaks the truth; I have heard these very words from the trees and the babbling brooks of the meadows. But the others speak truth as well; to conduct ourselves in such a manner would make us no better. If he can be brought to justice and tried before a council of his peers that would be the honorable and just course to take.”

Cyberwing
12-11-2009, 02:46 PM
"The elf maiden speaks my heart... I would see King Baelmont answer for his crimes to those he has wronged. Not merely murdered, then we are no better than he is." Jerilyn nodded solemnly. She knew her attitude was unpopular but she could not help but speak her heart.

Jessee
12-11-2009, 02:55 PM
"Well, if you can not capture him.... kill him. And if he is captured we will give him a trial. That is the only compromise I can offer." King Wess said after a moment of thought. It did not matter really, no matter where he would be giving a trial, he would be executed. King Wess sat back down in his chair. "What say you to those terms?"

Arkvid sat back, he could kill the king if needed. But in order to show his good will he would have to bite his tonge on this one.

"His death can be post-poned until he receives a trial, that is if we can capture him. Killing him would be much easier, but it seems the morals of others dictate other wise. I can agree to your terms good king." Arkvid responded.

King Wess did not care what lowly criminals thought, his only concerns was that of the others, money could buy the two of them but it could not by the others.

Lairston
12-11-2009, 02:59 PM
Havric frowned. He just wanted to get the tyrant out of the way. The more people that were after him the better. He looked at King Wess and said, "Those terms are fine." His actual thoughts mirrored Arkvid's but he would work with the ones who were hesitant to kill. Just don't get in his way should it be that he has to deliver the killing blow.

He paused and added, "Perhaps capturing and parading him before the people that he has terrorized to show your strength would be better. Then putting him on trial with his execution to follow provided the trial decides as it should."

Jessee
12-11-2009, 03:06 PM
"Possibly, but then theres a chance that his army will come save him before too long. It makes things hectic and complex. But if it can be done do it." King Wess replied to Havric's comment. Killing him would be much easier for everyone. But he was in no position to refuse the help offered to him.

Cyberwing
12-11-2009, 03:38 PM
Jerilyn looked at each of them. Her eyes paused on Princess Cassandra and the elven maiden for the women of the room seem more agreed than the men. She would weigh the reactions of those two before she would render her response.

Tigers
12-11-2009, 03:54 PM
Eruraviel

"If we are to bring him to justice and that is our goal, then I will aid you in your quest."

If she were to be a part of this hunt, Eruraviel would make sure to keep the others honest. She did not trust the human Havric or the elven male Arkvid. It weighed heavy on her mind that King Baelmont was planning on attacking Vella and her people. She agreed that something must be done, but she would only participate if their actions were to be honorable.

Sojourn
12-11-2009, 04:01 PM
Princess Cassandra

With a due respect King Wess I am not naive when it comes to my father. I know perfectly well what he is capable of and many of the things he has done. The only way I will help you is if he is captured and put on trial. If a jury decides death is his punishment for what he was done then so be it, but I cannot help plot an assassination against him.

If she did then she would be no better then her father and one of the things Cassandra prided herself on was being a better person then him.

After he is stopped, then who will rule my father's lands?

Jessee
12-11-2009, 04:06 PM
"Well, it would be bloodline so you would be Queen until you married or passed away." King Wess answered, it was a seemingly redundant question he thought.

Optimus Prime
12-11-2009, 04:09 PM
Thomas

If we are to capture him and put him on trial then I will help.

Thomas told King Wess. When King Wess seemed concerned that Baelmont's army would rescue him, Thomas said.

All people have weaknesses, including the top generals for his army. One is fond of women and the other of alcohol. If you take out his generals, the army would be disorganized and less likely to be capable of rescuing him after he is captured.

Sojourn
12-11-2009, 04:18 PM
Princess Cassandra

I was just making sure.

Cassandra wondered if King Wess thought her question was silly. To her it wasn't, she had spent her whole life knowing she would never rule after her father. After all she was supposed to enter a loveless marriage where her husband would rule instead and she would just continue her role of looking pretty. When Thomas commented about two of the generals' weaknesses, she added.

Another has a gambling problem. My father almost beheaded him because he was too busy playing cards instead of completing his mission.

Cyberwing
12-11-2009, 04:23 PM
"So apparently that is the question before you King Wess. Do you wish this quest to be one of murder or one of justice?" Jerilyn turned her strange, gold-rimmed brown eyes to the King to await his response. Four of them would have no part of a murder plot.

Jessee
12-11-2009, 04:32 PM
"I fear that I will take either one at this time, but it is late and I am tired.
Tomorrow we can pick up early in the morning. you will find sufficient rooms down the hall back the way you came." King Wess said standing up. He walked out of the room to his chambers, he was followed by his body guard.

Arkvid could admit that he was tired, he had made the long trip here from The Distant Isles.

"It has been a tiresome night, I would not mind sleeping for a little while. I think I need some air first though, things seem a bit tense in here." Arkvid said standing up with a smile, he and Veon made their way back outside. The truth was he had too much stacked up on his past. Mostly everyone in there viewed his as a lowly criminal, which had some truth too it he could not deny. Arkvid and Veon sat where they were sitting before. The cool night air felt good against his skin he thought. Tomorrow would hold a long trip he thought.

Cyberwing
12-11-2009, 06:30 PM
Jerilyn followed Arkvid and Veon. Although she was not able to keep up with them she did manage to follow.
"I must ask you Arkvid, I know you disagree with my stand, do you hold it against me that I disagree with you?" She did not ask it with challenge or arrogance but rather curiosity and interest. If she might be traveling with this magic user and the strange one; He who wore the Black robes she had to at least attempt to get a feel for how much she could or could not trust him. Not based on his past but upon his current heart.

Jessee
12-11-2009, 06:57 PM
Arkvid sat with his back against the cold stone wall. The cool air was comforting. Jerilyn had followed him to inquire about his feelings.

"Not everyone is fit to take a life. I hold no personal quarrel against you because of it." Arkvid answered her. "Please, I know that you have many questions. If you would like to ask me please do. Trust can only be attained with a smile, and truth."

Cyberwing
12-11-2009, 07:10 PM
"What is your true purpose here Arkvid? You have little need of coin..." Jerilyn replied softly, watching the magic user carefully hoping to gain some understanding. She did not condemn him because she realized she did not know his motivations. Atch had taught her to look at motivations before you made a judgement to place your trust or not. She was hoping to do that.

Jessee
12-11-2009, 07:26 PM
Arkvid smiled at the question. He was almost wondering the same thing.

"Thats a tough question to answer to a stranger, but to be honest with you I have many goals I wish to accomplish. One of them, and foremost is redemption. I have done many wrongs to many people but I need to change if not for me, but for those who have died because of me. I do not know how to exactly go about it yet, but I think helping others is a good start. Thats a primary reason I offered to fix your leg, which is fixable." Arkvid answered her with a steady voice.

Arkvid felt that she did not need to know all of his plans, or his goals. He only answered what she asked him.

Cyberwing
12-11-2009, 07:38 PM
Jerilyn smiled. "Thank you for telling me Arkvid. I realize you may have more in your heart but that answer seems honest to me. I can accept that." Jerilyn turned to go then paused.

"I will be honest in return Arkvid, the last magic user to attempt to fix my leg was badly hurt and called me cursed. He said I should be destroyed. That is why I am reluctant to let another attempt it. It is not you I object to, it is the possibility you would be harmed."

Jessee
12-11-2009, 08:30 PM
"To be honest with you, pain is not really a problem to me." Arkvid replied with a humble smile. "If you would let me only try, then you may know whatever you like about me or whatever you desire of me."

Arkvid was sure he could help Jerilyn, he could tell how big of a burden it was to her even if she was unwilling to admit it.

Sojourn
12-11-2009, 09:51 PM
Princess Cassandra

Good night King Wess.

Cassandra told him when the king decided to retire for the night. She looked over at Thomas and quietly asked him.

Do you think he is upset we objected to killing my father?

Optimus Prime
12-11-2009, 10:00 PM
Thomas

Thomas told the king good night and sighed as he thought about Cassandra's question.

Possibly. But I also think he needs all the help he can get to stop your father, so he's willing to compromise.

He turned to Eruraviel and Havric.

So where are you two from?

He asked, he didn't want them to think he was rude and ignoring them. Plus he and Cassandra did need to get to know their new allies.

Sojourn
12-11-2009, 10:04 PM
Princess Cassandra

I think you're right.

Cassandra replied with a nod of her head to Thomas and then turned her attention to Eruraviel and Havric.

Any loses you have suffered because of my father, I am truly sorry for.

It's not she could have prevented them but she still didn't like the suffering her father caused to innocent people.

Lairston
12-12-2009, 10:35 AM
Havric looked up when Thomas asked where he was from, "I am from Traol. I grew up there and built my home there. I don't really know why to be honest."

He sighed when Cassandra said she was sorry for any losses, "I lost my family years ago. I was disowned for choosing magic over the sword. So whether or not they are alive or dead, I do not know. That's why I don't know why I stay in Traol. I might as well be in oblivion as far as my family is concerned."

There was bitterness in his voice when he talked of his family.

Tigers
12-12-2009, 11:43 AM
Eruraviel

She watched as King Wess departed, not certain if they had really truly resolved the purpose of this so called gathering. She was pulled from her reverie by the human Thomas' simple question.

"I am Eruraviel of Vella. My home is the Elven city of Silven. You may both call me Ariel, it seems to be easier for the human tongue to handle."

To Cassandra, Eruraviel replied.

"My family is alive and well, but if your father is responsible for the loss of the lives of my people along the borders of Vella, you could repay me by speaking to the leaders of Vella. Perhaps your words as a human Princess will have weight with my people."

Cyberwing
12-12-2009, 03:28 PM
Jerilyn frowned. "How can I let someone try after that man was hurt? He now bears my infirmity as well. I can not inflict such on another. He said I was cursed. I could not do that to you sir. What sort of healer would I be that would agree to inflicting such a fate on anyone else? Ask your companion... I feel he may know more than he lets on. His eyes speak of great knowledge... I am willing to bet he can tell you, I speak the truth."

Jessee
12-12-2009, 03:40 PM
King Baelmont sat in his throne, his cloak flowed from it and bellowed out onto the floor. He was furious that his daughter had run away with a lowly body guard. They almost got away without anyone noticing them, but his daughters carelessness had giving her away when peasants were caught with jewels. They were interrogated for their information, then discarded like the trash they were. His army had managed to capture an enemy scout that had confirmed his thoughts. He concluded that his daughter was a traitor along with her body guard.
Several men entered the room, they were all donned in black armor with the kings crest on the breast of them. They each knelt before the king and bowed their heads.

"You are some of my best warriors in both blade, and magic. Bring me the heads of the traitors, and kill anyone else that stands in your way. Do this and you will be greatly rewarded for your efforts. They are heading east, some where in the Grand Marsh's. Do not fail me, or I will have your heads as well." King Baelmont said, his voice full of anger.

"Yes my King" They responded. The four men stood and walked out of the room.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Who was it that tried to heal you... a man you said, an average human I presume?" Arkvid asked. He was not too concerned about what Veon had to say on the matter, he doubted Veon would comment even if he had thoughts about it.

Sojourn
12-12-2009, 07:53 PM
Princess Cassandra

I see, maybe helping King Wess will help your family realize they made a mistake.

Cassandra told Havric. She felt bad for him that his family disowned him because they didn't like what he decided to do with his life. Although his family couldn't be as horrible as her father, she thought. When her father found out what she did, Cassandra didn't doubt he would have her killed. She turned to Eruraviel.

I can try Ariel.

She said with a smile to the elf.

Optimus Prime
12-12-2009, 08:38 PM
Thomas

I'm sorry to hear that. My uncle almost disowned me until I joined the knights.

Thomas told Havric. Thomas had caused so trouble in Fort Dalo as a teenager, that his uncle had been at the end of his rope. Either join the knights or spend some time in jail. He turned to Eruraviel and smiled.

I'll call you Ariel because I'd hate to insult you by saying your name wrong.

Lairston
12-12-2009, 09:23 PM
Havric smiled sadly, "Maybe Cassandra but I doubt it. I've served for the king before and it didn't matter to them." He sighed. "He just has a prejudice against mages. It's unfortunate. My brother the last time I heard was enjoying the good graces of my father.

He nodded, "Thanks Thomas. Sorry you had to go to the knights unless you like it."

He turned to Eruraviel.

"I shall call you Ariel as well."

Optimus Prime
12-12-2009, 09:29 PM
Thomas

It was better then the alternative he offered. Besides I was eventually glad I had to join them.

Thomas told Havric and smiled over at Cassandra. If he hadn't joined the knights he'd never would have met Cassandra.

Lairston
12-13-2009, 10:27 AM
Havric nodded, "That's good. I'm glad you don't regret your decision."

He looked over at Cassandra and smiled thinking he knew what Thomas was thinking as he looked at her.

"What did your father think of your uncle's position?"

Cyberwing
12-13-2009, 11:42 AM
Jerilyn receiving no further response from Arkvid, continued back to the hallway outside of the meeting room where the others stood talking.

"What are we to do now?" she asked softly.

Lairston
12-13-2009, 02:03 PM
Havric turned and looked at Jerilyn and smiled, "Get to know one another. How long did you live in the marsh with Atch? And you mentioned the stories of old. Did Atch teach you them?"

Cyberwing
12-13-2009, 02:07 PM
"My parents and my brother told me many stories of old. Tannim, my brother, learned them from his friends and school before we moved to the Grand Marshes. Atch told me some but he was more interested in teaching me to survive in the wilderness."

"What about you magic user?" Jerilyn asked with a curious smile.

Jessee
12-13-2009, 02:13 PM
Arkvid and Veon made their way to a room. Once inside they retired for the night. Arkvid hoped to get a few hours of sleep before he had to get up. The moon was high in the sky so he assumed it was around midnight. They quickly fell asleep.

Lairston
12-13-2009, 02:18 PM
Havric smiled when she was curious about him. It was always nice to be able to talk about yourself. "Oh I see. I know the stories that Atch told me while I was recovering from my wounds. I thought they might be the stories you were referring to. It would be interesting to hear the stories that your parents and brother told you."

"My mother used to tell me stories when I was really little but I can't remember them. I remember my father frowned at her for telling me them. She said it would make me weak." He sighed.

Cyberwing
12-13-2009, 02:22 PM
Jerilyn raised an eyebrow, "How could any story make someone weak? Information is gleaned from each story we hear." She shook her head wondering at the thought someone could think stories a bad thing.

Jerilyn turned to the elven maiden, the Princess and her bodyguard. "Perhaps it would be wise for the ladies to room together and the men do the same for tonight... safety in numbers. I realize it may not be appropriate for a Princess but it might be safer?"

Lairston
12-13-2009, 02:28 PM
"He wanted my full attention on learning the sword. And by telling me stories she was taking my mind elsewhere." He sighed, "I just remember liking the stories."

He shrugged with the idea of rooming with others, "I suppose that could be done."

Cyberwing
12-13-2009, 02:46 PM
"Well to be honest... I do not know what to expect..." Jerilyn shrugged.

Lairston
12-13-2009, 02:50 PM
"Hopefully nothing until we're ready for it. But that's rarely what happens it seems to me." Havric sighed.

Cyberwing
12-13-2009, 02:58 PM
"Perhaps it would be wiser still to bunk together then? We will be doing so as we travel..." Jerilyn observed quietly.

Lairston
12-13-2009, 03:23 PM
Havric smiled and nodded his head, "Speaking as one of the guys I like that idea."

Cyberwing
12-13-2009, 03:39 PM
Jerilyn looked over at Havric not sure how to take his agreement.

Lairston
12-13-2009, 03:43 PM
Havric could tell she was trying to decide how to take that, "Well its not every day that one such as I gets to sleep in the same room as a beautiful woman. Let alone three."

Cyberwing
12-13-2009, 04:21 PM
Jerilyn smiled. "I see we have charming company as well... I thank you for the compliment to be compared to such beauties as the Princess and the Elven Maiden is a true honor." She dipped her head in recognition of his compliment, holding onto her staff to keep herself steady.

Lairston
12-13-2009, 04:32 PM
Havric smiled as she dipped her her head, "You are most welcome and you deserve to be complimented if I might say so." He bowed his head to her. "I'm glad that you find my company charming also. I shall try to keep it such."

Cyberwing
12-13-2009, 08:16 PM
It was Jerilyn's turn to blush. She had no clever come back for him so she remained silent.

Lairston
12-13-2009, 08:53 PM
Havric swallowed when she remained silent, "I'm sorry if I embarrassed you. It was not my intent."

Tigers
12-13-2009, 09:00 PM
Eruraviel

"I'm afraid that's all you can do, but I am most grateful that you are willing to try."

Eruraviel was not sure whether it would be enough to convince her father or any of the other elven leaders, but she would not allow the opportunity to try pass her by. She found herself in a strange position, she was not accustomed to being around humans for any length of time. Except for a few brief moments of her life, when etiquette dictated she be present with her family, she had not spent any amount of time with humans at all. So when Jerilyn suggested that they all stay together for protection, she was a bit unsure.

Optimus Prime
12-13-2009, 09:06 PM
Havric nodded, "That's good. I'm glad you don't regret your decision."

He looked over at Cassandra and smiled thinking he knew what Thomas was thinking as he looked at her.

"What did your father think of your uncle's position?"

Thomas

Well if he was still alive I'm sure he would have agreed with my uncle. I was a bit of troublemaker when I was a teenager.

Thomas replied to Havric. He listened to Jerilyn and Havric share stories and said when the idea was brought up about sharing rooms.

It sounds like a good idea to me. Besides I should stay close to Cassandra, I am her bodyguard after all.

Sojourn
12-13-2009, 09:47 PM
Princess Cassandra

Cassandra sighed when Havric told her that his father was just prejudice against mages in general.

I'm sorry to hear that. Parents should just want their children to be happy.

Cassandra truly believed that although she knew her father didn't care if she was happy as long as he got what he wanted. She smiled back at Thomas when he commented he was glad he had joined the knights. She was glad he did too. He was the first real friend she ever had. She listened to Jerilyn and Havaric hare stories and sighed again when he said his father thought him hearing stories would make him weak.

I hate to say this but your father's treatment of you sounds too similar to how my father treats me. He thinks the only good thing I'm good for is to marry me off to someone of his choosing that he can probably control. He didn't even think I needed to be educated until my grandfather pointed out it'd be hard to marry me off if I couldn't read.

When it was suggested that maybe they should bunk together, she told them.

I have no problem with that.

She smiled to Ariel.

You're welcome. I just hope they will be willing to listen.

Lairston
12-14-2009, 09:08 AM
Havric nodded in agreement, "Yeah your father and my father sound like they are one and the same. I'm sorry to say that. I wish all parents cared about their kids happiness and then maybe I would have a family."

He frowned, "That is sad that's all he cares about. We know he doesn't rule the nation very well since he's a tyrant but he's also one to his family as well. I'm surprised you're even concerned about him."

He shook his head, "And you definitely needed an education. Sounds like he wants to keep his children dumb so they're easier to control. I'm glad our uncle stepped in and forced him into letting you go to school."

"I've also thought that's why he didn't want me to know about stories because they teach."

Optimus Prime
12-14-2009, 09:33 AM
Thomas

I feel bad for you two.

Thomas shook his head as Cassandra and Havric realized their fathers were very similar.

My parents might have died when I was just a little kid but I remember they loved me. In fact, when they died was the year a bad illness hit the towns. Everyone was getting sick and the medicine to cure the illness was very expensive. My parents weren't very rich so they only had enough money to get medicine for me. I survived and they passed away before they had enough money to buy more for themselves.

Sojourn
12-14-2009, 09:44 AM
Princess Cassandra

Parents should love their children unconditionally, the only love I had like that was from mother. I'm happy that took after her instead of my father.

Cassandra sighed to Havric. She missed her mother, she was far kinder then her father.

It isn't so much I care, it's just I don't want to be like him. If I plan his assassination then I'm no better then him because I'm sure he'll want me killed once he finds out I'm gone. Since I was old enough to realize how he is, I told myself I would never be like him. Although I never actually got to got to school, I just had a tutor. My father thought it wasn't "proper" for royalty to mingle with so called "commoners". Thomas was the first real friend I ever had.

She told Havric and smiled sadly when Thomas told everyone how his parents died. She reached out and squeezed his hand.

Your parents did what any parent who actually love their child would do. I know my father wouldn't have done that for me because he's too selfish. Although honestly it's wrong the medicine was too expensive. If I was in charge it would have been free, people shouldn't profit off of other people's suffering.

Cyberwing
12-14-2009, 09:44 AM
"Then you were truly loved Thomas. May your love for others reflect theirs." Jerilyn smiled and looked over at the Princess.

"I would kneel before Your Highness but if I get on my knees, it will take a while for me to regain my feet. Shall we seek our beds instead?" Jerilyn appeared to be older than the others so she led the way toward the servant.

"May we have a room with many beds?" she asked. The servant looked disturbed.

"The Princess' quarters are large, the rest of you will sleep in servants quarters."

"Then we choose to sleep in the Princess' quarters to guard her. Please make arrangements." Jerilyn told the servant with a kind smile, as she leaned on her staff.

Sojourn
12-14-2009, 09:49 AM
Princess Cassandra

You don't have to kneel to me Jerilyn. Just because I'm the daughter of a king doesn't make me better then you or anyone else.

Cassandra told her with a smile and agreed they should get some rest. She looked at the servant, annoyed that he said her new friends would have to sleep in the servant quarters.

They will sleep in the same room as me. Make sure they have very comfortable beds.

Optimus Prime
12-14-2009, 10:31 AM
Thomas

I know you would have Cassandra, but unfortunately not everyone is as kind as you.

Thomas told Cassandra and squeezed her hand back. He smiled at Jerilyn.

I realize now how lucky I was. And don't worry about bowing, Cassandra had to break me of the habit of always bowing when her father wasn't around.

He agreed that resting sounded good. He looked at the servant and told him.

I'm the princess' bodyguard and I don't sleep any where except near her.

Cyberwing
12-14-2009, 10:48 AM
The servant nodded but you could tell they were appalled by the thought. Jerilyn giggled after they started down the hall to show them the Princess' quarters.

"I think, Your Highness, we just scandalized the entire palace!"

Tigers
12-14-2009, 11:58 AM
Eruraviel

Erurviel was still uncertain of these arrangements, but followed silently behind the others. She paid no attention to the actions of the servants and found very little amusement in their rude behavior. Would her father be disappointed yet again, that she had chose to entagle herself in the concerns of humans? But these weren't only the concerns of the humans, surely they concerned the elves as well. She could not bare the thought of disappointing him again. Perhaps it was time after all to try again for a position as a rider or to marry as her father had suggested.

Listening to the talk of the human Princess, made her balk at the thought of disobeying her father. Of course, he was not cruel as Princess Cassandra's father was. Perhaps it was easier to live by expectations when you were not under the rule of a tyrant. In moments like these, she wished that Sky's gift was that of changing, she would have a companion to speak to.

Sojourn
12-14-2009, 12:43 PM
Princess Cassandra

Cassandra giggled along with Jerilyn when she saw the servant's reaction.

I think so.

She was so glad she left her home, she felt like for once she didn't have to pretend to be someone else. She could actually be herself, in her own castle she'd never dare talk to the servant like that because word would get back to her father. She noticed Ariel was quiet and told her.

If you'd rather have your own room, I'm sure I could ask the servant to get you somewhere nicer to sleep then a servant's quarters.

Optimus Prime
12-14-2009, 12:51 PM
Thomas

Thomas laughed when he saw the servant's reaction to what Cassandra said even if he did follow the order.

I think Cassandra's going to be the talk of this palace now.

Cyberwing
12-14-2009, 12:58 PM
"I am sorry to sully your reputation Princess but I do think it wiser for all of us at the moment. Atch always said to stay wary when among people or places you are unfamiliar with." Jerilyn added apologetically she did not wish to be a bad reflection on the Princess but she did think staying together at the moment was the best course of action. She was not sure she entirely trusted this King who wished to send out an assassination squad and was thoughtless enough to mention it in front of his daughter. Granted the King was under pressure but it had been an ill advised course of action in her humble estimation.

Sojourn
12-14-2009, 01:09 PM
Princess Cassandra

Probably.

Cassandra replied to Thomas, she actually found the whole thing amusing. She was surprised that Jerilyn apologized to her.

Oh don't be sorry. I'm not too worried about my reputation and I do think it's wiser to stick together.

Tigers
12-14-2009, 02:28 PM
Eruraviel

Cassandra's statement pulled Eruaviel from her thoughts. Her actions were not meant to be rude even if they came across as such. And though she would prefer to be in Vella, she was here and must conduct herself as her father would expect.

"The healer is correct, it would be wiser for us all to remain together."

Optimus Prime
12-14-2009, 02:37 PM
Thomas

Thomas nodded his head.

There is safety in numbers.

When they approached the room that the servant said was for the princess, he opened the door for the others to enter in first.

Cyberwing
12-14-2009, 02:54 PM
Jerilyn limped past Thomas and paused looking around. "Whoa... this is bigger than my whole cottage!" she exclaimed.

Sojourn
12-14-2009, 03:10 PM
Princess Cassandra

Cassandra followed Jerilyn inside the room and was surprised when she said that the room was bigger then her cottage. This room was about the size of her room at her father's castle and it made her feel a little bad that most people didn't have some of the things she always took for granted.

I hope the servant will keep his word and bring comfortable beds for everyone to sleep in.

Jessee
12-14-2009, 03:16 PM
Several hours passed into the night, the moon was nearing the horizon and the dark sky was just begging to turn to a dark blue. The four men had spotted the palace in a small clearing of fog by chance. They stood several yards from the entrance. They had killed the guards and the scouts of the area.

"Lets get this finished, I hate this place." One of the men said aloud.

"Looks like the mighty Fargoe is a bit scared of the fog." Another one said.

"Quiet Gid before I take your tounge." Fargoe snapped after he had been insulted.

"Stop the both of you, if you ask me I don't really want my head on a spike, and I don't like listing to either one of you children bicker." One of the other men said.

"Yeah, yeah, don't worry we'll get their heads, just calm down." Gid grumbled.

They entered the palace through the large wooden doors. Slowly and quietly they crept down the halls searching for their targets.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~

Arkvid was woke up by the air, it was whispering a crude song. One of blood and death, of fire and steel. He jumped up, he walked over to Veon who awoke before he could touch him. Veon knew, he smelled the blood so he nodded his head and pulled out a long eloquent dagger that was a bit curved at the tip. Arkvid pulled out a dagger similar and walked over to the door. He casted a spell to kill the lights in the hallway. Unlike humans, elven eyes adapted to see perfect at nighttime. He had to find the others and alert them if they were sleeping. He opened the door that gave away with a small squeak. He crept down the hall with Veon right behind him. He reached the corner and peaked his head around, he saw a man coming this way, he was human and dressed in black armor. On its chest was the crest of Baelmont. Quickly he dipped his head back, he looked at Veon and raised one finger. Veon nodded back, Arkvid put his back to the wall. Luckily he was a bit heavy on his feet and Arkvid's heightened ears easily picked them up. He waited 5 seconds, then he swung out with his dagger. The man did not have a chance, the blade struck him in the neck. His scream was muffled because of where he was hit. Arkvid quickly pulled the dagger out and Veon caught him before he fell, he placed him on the ground along the wall. Arkvid cleaned his blade from the cloth on the dead mans cloak. They continued and quickly made there way down the hall checking each room that he passed. He checked over a dozen rooms before he found the others. He walked over to Havric and shook him gently.

Sojourn
12-14-2009, 03:36 PM
Princess Cassandra

The servant did make sure comfortable beds were put in the room like Cassandra had requested. She told everyone good night and quickly fell asleep. She didn't realize until she laid down how tired she was from escaping her father's castle. She was still asleep when Arkvid entered the room and totally unaware anything was wrong.

Optimus Prime
12-14-2009, 03:41 PM
Thomas

Thomas thought the bed the servant provided was far more comfortable then the bed he was used to at King Baelmont's castle. He moved the bed close to Cassandra's to protect her. Since he got his job being Cassandra's bodyguard he had gotten used to sleeping lightly. He heard Arkvid enter the room and reached for his sword that he placed on the ground.

What's wrong?

He asked the elf who was trying to wake Havric up.

Lairston
12-14-2009, 03:49 PM
Havric had been impressed with the size of the room as well.

He had fallen asleep and felt someone shaking him a few hours later. He opened his eyes groggily. "What is it?"

Cyberwing
12-14-2009, 04:12 PM
Jerilyn had awakened immediately too. She lay very still using her senses to gain knowledge of what was happening. She lay with her hand over her staff but when she heard Thomas whisper she sat up.

She uttered no word but listened to what Arkvid would say. Her staff held ready. The sparkling gem at the top gave no glow or reflection... as if it too sensed the danger lurking nearby.

Tigers
12-14-2009, 04:33 PM
Eruraviel

Sleep was not something that came easy for Eruraviel. She was in a strange place surrounded by humans she did not know, and an elf whose reputation had not been an honorable one. Even the sounds of nature seemed more foreign to her, but she did not miss their message and had quietly slipped from the room of her sleeping companions.

When Arkvid had reached the room, Eruraviel had been able to investigate the surrounding area. With Sky invisible, her bonded could easily investigate the grounds while she slipped back in with the others. Quietly, her soft voice spoke directly behind Arkvid.

"There are at least three others and their intent is malicious."

Jessee
12-14-2009, 04:56 PM
Arkvid nodded his head.

"I killed one of them, he had King Baelmont's crest on his armor...we have to find the king before they do." Arkvid said in a low whisper.

Cyberwing
12-14-2009, 05:12 PM
"Should we stay together or separate into two teams?" Jerilyn whispered, standing to her feet with the aid of her staff.

Jessee
12-14-2009, 06:08 PM
"Me, Veon and Havric will go find the king, the others should get out as soon as possible, we can meet up outside the palace." Arkvid said, he thought that would be a reasonable team.

Optimus Prime
12-14-2009, 08:20 PM
Thomas

Great...

Thomas muttered when Ariel told them what was going on and Arkvid confirmed it.

Good thing you suggested we bunk together Jerilyn.

He nodded his head to Arkvid.

Sounds like a good plan. Let me wake up the sleeping princess.

He said and got to his feet. He went over to Cassandra and shook her shoulder to wake her up.

Sojourn
12-14-2009, 08:27 PM
Princess Cassandra

Cassandra grumbled when Thomas woke her up, she had wanted to remain sleeping. She frowned though when she started to wake up and saw everyone out of their beds.

Thomas, what's going on?

She asked him as she sat up in her bed.

Optimus Prime
12-14-2009, 08:40 PM
Thomas

Arkvid and Ariel found out there are intruders in the palace...

Thomas paused a moment as he debated if he should tell her the men wore King Baelmont's crest on their armor. He decided she'd be more angry if she didn't know.

...They have your father's crest on their armor. Arkvid, Veon and Havric are going to get King Wess while the rest of us get out the palace.

He reached down and pulled out a dagger he kept hidden by his right ankle and handed it to Cassandra.

You remember what I taught you right?

He was referring to the self defense he had taught her without her father's knowledge.

Sojourn
12-14-2009, 08:47 PM
Princess Cassandra

Oh no.

Casandra said when Thomas told her what was going on. She wondered if her father's soldiers were just after King Wess or her and Thomas as well. She didn't wanted to wait around and find out. She got out of the bed and nodded her head to him as she took the dagger.

Yes I remember.

She was glad now he had taught her how to protect herself. At the time she doubted she'd ever have to use the lessons and did them more as an excuse to be close to Thomas.

Optimus Prime
12-14-2009, 08:58 PM
Thomas

Good.

Thomas replied to Cassandra when she said she remembered. He turned to Ariel and Jerilyn.

You ladies ready?

Cyberwing
12-15-2009, 07:55 AM
"Yes, I will bring up the rear since I'm slower. Let's go, Princess you follow Thomas." Jerilyn gripped her staff with a grim expression and nodded to Thomas.

Lairston
12-15-2009, 11:22 AM
Havric nodded when Arkvid said he would team with him and Veon. "That sounds like a plan to me."

He went with them once it was established what everyone was doing.

Jessee
12-15-2009, 01:01 PM
Arkvid and Veon stalked down the hallway silently with Havric just behind them. They came to the room where they all met, the table had been cleared now. They took the door that the King used, it lead to another hallway. They took the hallway and searched each room they came across in hopes of finding the king. They turned down another hall and saw to men on the ground out side of a door, they were dead upon a closer look. They stopped near the door.

"I'm not sure what we'll find on the other side, tell me when you are ready." Arkvid whispered to Havric as he readied his dagger, and placed his hand on the doorknob.

Cyberwing
12-15-2009, 02:53 PM
Jerilyn followed them keeping her eyes and ears alert for any sign of trouble. She hoped they would make the outside without too much trouble. Then she knew how to make them disappear in the Marshes. The bogs and quicksand traps were the reason most people avoided this area but she knew how to avoid them. These armored fellows smelled of horses so they would be even more at a disadvantage as horses did not like the Marsh lands. Too dangerous for a beast of their size, especially if the rider was unfamiliar with the area.

"Thomas, I can guide us through the Marsh and possibly arrange for a few traps if we are followed," Jerilyn whispered.

Lairston
12-15-2009, 05:06 PM
Havric looked at the bodies and frowned. He pulled out his dagger and nodded whispering, "Go ahead."

Jessee
12-15-2009, 05:29 PM
Arkvid swung the door open, he rushed in quickly. A body of one of the assassain's laid on the ground. He looked around the room, it was a mess of papers and furinture. There were no signs of the king, or his body guard.

"Well, the king was here. I wonder if he got away. but he could have been caught, or killed. It seems they put up a fight none the less. There is still two of them wandering around here, probably looking for the princess, and her beloved. And probably the king still. " Arkvid commented after looking around.

Lairston
12-15-2009, 08:24 PM
Havric looked around also. He noted that there wasn't any blood that could have been the king's. "It looks like he got away since there's no blood from him."

He thought for a second, "I wonder if the King has a secret place he could have gone to get away from them."

Sojourn
12-15-2009, 08:47 PM
Princess Cassandra

Okay.

Cassandra replied with a nod when Jerilyn suggested she follow Thomas as they made their way out of the palace. She hoped King Wess was safe and gripped the dagger's handle very tightly.

Optimus Prime
12-15-2009, 09:08 PM
Thomas

When his group was ready, Thomas headed out in the hallway with the women. He made sure Cassandra was close to him and his sword ready in case they were attacked. He nodded his head to Jerilyn when she said she could guide them through Marsh and have traps if they were followed.

That's good to know Jerilyn because we might need them.

He kept an eye out for the attackers and wondered where the palace guards were.

Cyberwing
12-16-2009, 08:53 AM
Jerilyn gripped her staff. She knew she would be a good target to use as a hostage with her infirmity but she hoped to give anyone with that idea a surprise they might not ever forget. Atch had taught her to use this staff with deadly accuracy. She could block a sword and often disarm someone with her staff.

Jerilyn had practiced until she was ready to mutiny against Atch for torturing her but now she realized the value of his relentless training. She knew she could disable even a knight in armor with her meager staff. Blows placed in the right location would render anyone unable to walk at all, even complete paralysis or unconsciousness. Her upper body strength was greater than most women because of her training.

She listened intently, alert for any minor noise.

Jessee
12-16-2009, 01:20 PM
Arkvid looked around the room a bit longer but still could not see anything.

"If he did, its not in here. Lets search else where." Arkvid said, Veon nodded his response. Arkvid walked back out into the hall, he looked down the two ways he could have gone. One lead him back to the room where they all met, another lead to a dead end. He took the one that lead to the dead end, random dead ends always seemed to pop out at times like these.

"Know any probing spells to see if theres anything beyond the wall?" Arkvid asked Havric, though he could have cast one himself he choose not to show his skill so soon.

Lairston
12-16-2009, 04:57 PM
Havric looked at Arkvid and commented, "Maybe."

He picked up a pitcher of water and poured it on the floor and then cast the spell. If there was a entrance the water will find it and what the water discovers behind the wall will appear in the pitcher as a picture.

Jessee
12-19-2009, 02:26 PM
King Wess walked down a small one person hallway, right behind him was Toag who had just saved his life moments ago. They went trough a secret passage hidden in the hallway outside his room. The hall would lead to the Grand Marsh's just outside his palace. He had hoped the others were still alive, and if they were he hoped they had made it outside by now. He couldn't look too far once he was outside, it was foggy so they walked slowly looking for the people that had come to help him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Gid searched the palace, he did not find anyone of importance. He did however kill a few servants and maids along the way. He regrouped with the others, except it was only he and one other that had made it out.

"I suppose that means the others are dead now, they must have encountered the princess or the king." Gid told the other man.

"Well, what now... we can't go back empty handed or else it will be our heads." The other man stated.

"I know when to tuck my tail and run fella. I don't plan on dieing here, or there. How about we just go our separate ways now, I'm thinking The Blue Isles." Gid responded with a grin as he sheathed his sword. He casually walked away, back to his horse where he mounted and left the man standing there. "If you plan on living I suggest you get up on out of this place." He added as he rode away.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As Havric was casting his spell, Arkvid heard the air speak to him.

"It would seem the enemy has retreated for now, perhaps they have what they came for, we should find the others." Arkvid said to Veon and Havric as he put his dagger away.

Cyberwing
12-19-2009, 05:45 PM
Jerilyn led the Princess, Thomas and Ariel to a bog surrounded area. She cautioned them to follow in her footsteps. They reached an area that looked to be surrounded by wild vegetation of some type.

"Stay here, do not move. You have a lot of quicksand around you but you are safe where you are. The enemy will have to know this Marsh well to get at you even if they happen to catch a glimpse of you, which I highly doubt since the fog has rolled in heavily. Stay low and they shouldn't even be able to see you. I'm going back to try to find King Wess, Arkvid, Havric and Veon."

Jerilyn smiled as she made her way quickly back through the dangerous Marsh land. If you didn't know what you were doing this was a deadly place but she had learned her lessons well and knew what to look for to guide her steps.

Optimus Prime
12-19-2009, 08:35 PM
Thomas

It bothered Thomas how quiet it was getting out of the palace. He would have thought they'd hear guards and servants but there had been nothing. He didn't think that was a good sign as they followed Jerilyn into the Marsh. His eyes got wide when she said they were surrounded by quicksand and he nodded his head.

Okay we'll be here waiting for you.

He sat down on the safe place they were and hoped it wouldn't be too long.

Sojourn
12-19-2009, 08:41 PM
Princess Cassandra

Cassandra found the lack of noise bothered her as well. She hoped the others had gotten to safety. She sat down next to Thomas when Jerilyn asked them to wait for her and said.

Please be careful Jerilyn.

Cyberwing
12-19-2009, 08:47 PM
"Thomas, watch the way I leave... that is the only safe path. If someone comes, lure them off that path and you should be okay. Princess if you sit on that fallen log there you will be okay but do not go past it. About seven spans past it is a quicksand pit. Thank you Princess, I shall attempt to do that very thing." Jerilyn smiled at the kindness of the Princess. She was beginning to like her.

Jerilyn used her staff and kept on the path. She paused a short distance from the palace wall to see if Havric, Arkvid and Veon were out of the palace yet.

Lairston
12-20-2009, 01:44 PM
Havric turned to Arkvid, "We still need to figure out where the king has fled."

Jessee
12-20-2009, 06:25 PM
Arkvid understood the concern, but felt it would be best to regroup with the others before further search.

"Indeed, but we should regroup and then formulate a plan from there." Arkvid told Havric.

Lairston
12-20-2009, 08:20 PM
Havric shrugged, "Okay. That sounds like a good idea."

His hands went into the sleeves of his robes and he turned around to head back down the hall with the Veon and Arkvid. He smirked, "So can you still not talk about where you come from now that we're alone?"

Cyberwing
12-21-2009, 09:03 AM
Jerilyn heard the horses go off in the other direction. She prayed it was the death soldiers sent from King Baelmont. The Marsh insects were buzzing happily which was a good sign for her.

Optimus Prime
12-21-2009, 03:44 PM
"Thomas, watch the way I leave... that is the only safe path. If someone comes, lure them off that path and you should be okay. Princess if you sit on that fallen log there you will be okay but do not go past it. About seven spans past it is a quicksand pit. Thank you Princess, I shall attempt to do that very thing." Jerilyn smiled at the kindness of the Princess. She was beginning to like her.

Jerilyn used her staff and kept on the path. She paused a short distance from the palace wall to see if Havric, Arkvid and Veon were out of the palace yet.

Thomas

I will. Be careful Jerilyn.

Thomas told her and watched carefully the path Jerilyn took in case he needed to use it. He hoped they wouldn't but then again you could never be too careful.

Sojourn
12-21-2009, 04:16 PM
Princess Cassandra

Oh okay.

Cassandra said when Jerilyn mentioned the fallen log. She went over to it and sat down. She smiled as Jerilyn left.

You're welcome.

She was starting to like the other woman as well.

Jessee
12-21-2009, 11:53 PM
As Arkvid and Veon walked down the hallway with Havric, who had inquired about his past again. They found several dead bodies along the way, none which belonged to anyone they knew.

"If you are so eager to know, I traveled here from The Distant Isles, but not the Magistairium. Farther North than the city, not many can get there alive." Arkvid answered him as they walked down the hallway. They reached the room with the large table in it.

"It would seem they have killed everyone they came in contact with." Veon commented aloud passing a few dead servants.

"It would seem so, lets pray the others made it out alive." Arkvid said.

Cyberwing
12-22-2009, 06:56 PM
Jerilyn's ears picked up the sudden ceasing of insect song to her left. She held her staff ready in the defensive position and waited as she finally heard the cautious footsteps approaching. She narrowed her eyes and waited until the fog parted to reveal it's secret.

Jessee
12-22-2009, 07:37 PM
King Wess and Toag slowly walked through the fog, they could not tell where they were going but they were both armed and ready to fight, if something were to jump out of the fog at them.

Cyberwing
12-22-2009, 09:46 PM
Jerilyn took cover and waited. When she saw the King's face she relaxed. "So you avoided the assassins... Where are the magic users? Are they safe?" She asked in a normal tone of voice with a slight chuckle. She stood from her hiding place, her staff held ready as she used the tree trunk to regain her feet.

Jessee
12-22-2009, 11:10 PM
It took the King a minute to reconize who was talking to him, once he realized it was not one of the assailants sheathed his sword and regained him composer.

"We do not know where they are, we assumed they are with you." Toag answered for the king.

Cyberwing
12-23-2009, 08:21 AM
"Actually they went to seek you out and see if you needed aid. How did you escape the assassins?" Jerilyn asked also relaxing her muscles. "I do not think the assassins will find the magic users easy to overcome. There swords will be worthless against such men as those."

Jessee
12-23-2009, 10:51 AM
Wess did not like the thought of criminals coming to aid him, but he would not mind Havric aiding him, but he could never trust the vile criminals of the underworld. Who knows with the littlest amount of coin, they could turn quickly.

"We managed to get away though a secret passage, but we fought one of the assassins." King Wess answered. "I'm sure its not an easy task to kill a skilled mercenary." He commented after she noted the magic users. He wished Havric was not alone with them.

"So other than those three, the others are safe and alive correct?" Toag asked.

Cyberwing
12-23-2009, 12:38 PM
"I showed them out into the safety of the night Marshland..." Jerilyn dipped her head in agreement with Toag.

Jessee
12-23-2009, 01:47 PM
"Take us" King Wess told her. He did not like the Marsh's they always give off an odd feeling. Like being watched, and stalked.

Cyberwing
12-23-2009, 01:54 PM
"As you wish Sire..." Jerilyn dipped her head in respect and turned to begin leading the way back to Princess Cassandra, Ariel and Thomas.

Lairston
12-23-2009, 05:15 PM
Havric was impressed, "North of the Magistarium." He paused, "Yeah I wouldn't be to interested in going there." Truth be told, he had tried and failed to reach the northern lands of the Isles when he was at the Magistarium. BUt he didn't feel like admitting his failings to these two.

He looked at the bodies and frowned, "This isn't good at all. They have killed everyone in their path." He shook his head.

"We may very well be looking for a new king."

Jessee
12-23-2009, 11:56 PM
Arkvid made no further comment about where he had come from.

"Lets find the others, they should be outside by now." Arkvid told Havric as he walked down the hallway that would take them to the entrance.

Once outside Veon lead the way, he navigated the fog with much ease and if any danger lurked he would sense it. Being a dragon had it's benefits at times like these. He could smell everyone that was present at the table. He lead until they regrouped with the rest, Jerilyn was gone and the king was no where to be found.

"Jerilyn is with the King, they should return at any moment I believe." Veon told Arkvid who nodded his response. There was no place to sit, so he cast a spell and a chair of earth was created. He sat in his newly made chair with a bit of relief. He was glad that the king was alive.

Lairston
12-24-2009, 10:26 AM
Havric watched Veon lead them to the others and thought he was not normal. Something was up with him. He frowned as they found everyone but the king and Jerilyn and turned to Arkvid and said, "How did he know where they are?"

He also wondered how he knew where she was and the king.

Cyberwing
12-24-2009, 01:28 PM
Jerilyn led them unerringly through the area, using her staff and her senses to locate quicksand and deceptive areas of potential danger. She vaguely got the impression in her mind of others navigating the area and wondered if the magic users were around. She stayed alert in case it was their enemy.

"Be on guard... there are others in this area." She whispered and moved on toward where she left the Princess and the others.

Jerilyn's leg was aching something fierce. Sometimes the pain shooting through her leg almost took her breath away. She wondered if it were the dampness of the night air or if it was something else.

Jessee
12-24-2009, 08:34 PM
Arkvid smiled when Havric asked his question, though he did not feel like telling him about Veon.

"He is a strange one at times." Arkvid answered, Veon gave him a glare then let out a small chuckle with Arkvid. He knew that the answer would not satisfy anyone but he left it at that. Arkvid also cast the same spell and took a seat next to Veon.

Cyberwing
12-25-2009, 11:41 AM
Jerilyn felt a wave of terror sweep over her. It was so powerful she gasped out loud even though she was trying not to alarm the King and his servant. She shook it off and continued on, the pain in her leg now almost unbearable. She wiped at tears that stung her eyes from the pain but kept going.

When they reached the others, Jerilyn limped to the tree trunk and sat down next to Princess Cassandra. She lowered her head to lean it against her staff and try to regain her composure. The shooting pain up her leg was sharp and intense.

Lairston
12-25-2009, 06:02 PM
Havric frowned when he saw how much her leg was bothering her and walked over to her, he pulled out a bag of roots that smelled like something that came out of a birdcage and handed it to her saying, "Chew on a piece until it dissolves. It should alleviate the pain some."

And added, "And no you don't want to know what it is."

Cyberwing
12-25-2009, 07:13 PM
"Ewww...no, I can not... " Jerilyn wrinkled her nose at what Havric offered. It was even more offensive to her for some reason. Her strange eyes looked apologetically at Havric.
"I'm sorry Sir Havric but I can't... I'm not even sure why... But Dragonsbane has always made me very sick..." She rubbed frantically at the intensely aching leg with tears in her eyes.

Lairston
12-25-2009, 07:43 PM
Havric walked away.

Cyberwing
12-25-2009, 08:04 PM
Jerilyn was appalled that she had upset Havric. In spite of her intense pain she stood and hobbled after him.

"Please sir... do not take offense. I've tried this herb before at anothers request and... well I was hallucinating for several days I was so violently ill. It's just something I'm ultra sensitive to. It was most kind of you to offer... Please Havric, do not take offense that this strange body of mine can not tolerate something?" Jerilyn looked down at the uneven ground and sighed heavily. She was in a great deal of pain and standing made it even more pronounced.

Jessee
12-25-2009, 11:46 PM
Arkvid quietly observed Jerilyn who was trying her best to hide her pain caused by her leg. He made no comment on it any more, he did not want to stir things up. Instead he kept his peace.

"So what now, good king." Arkvid asked after the king had arrived.

King Wess was relived that everyone here was still alive, and well. He felt bad for the human women with the maimed leg. He wished that he knew a doctor, or a healer good enough to recommend to her. King Wess almost spat at Arkvid when he spoke, but held back. Even though he hated them he was in no position to refuse any assistance esicpally after being attacked.

"I will head to my castle in Brone and attempt to lead what army I have left. I will leave as soon as possible. I need your assistance else where, one of Baelmont's Generals is commanding from Fort Dalo, he controls one third of the army, if he can be captured or eliminated we could delay any attack for at least a month." King Wess explained to Arkvid, he assumed everyone was listening to him, because he did not really feel like repeating himself.

Arkvid could not really complain with the plan, but he wondered how others would feel about it.

Lairston
12-26-2009, 12:26 PM
Havric turned to her and said, "Its fine. Go sit down before you hurt yourself further."

Cyberwing
12-26-2009, 12:45 PM
"Havric... I..." Jerilyn started to say when the step she took proved too much for her leg. The leg gave out and Jerilyn went down. She cried out but her cry echoed with strange tones then abruptly stopped.

Lairston
12-26-2009, 01:08 PM
Havric's eyes widened as Jerilyn started to go down and her cry sounded so strange. He caught her in his arms and lifted her up. "You really need to do something about your leg. You should not live like this. You are in constant pain. What happened?"

He carried her in his arms over to a comfortable place and gently set her down and sat down beside her. He waited to see if she would tell him what happened to her leg.

Cyberwing
12-26-2009, 01:27 PM
"I was told it's been like this since I was little but I don't remember any of that. To be honest, I don't remember much of my life before my parents moved here to the Great Marshlands. So really I can't answer some of your questions. I am sorry to burden you Havric." Jerilyn grimaced and held her leg just above the knee.

Lairston
12-26-2009, 02:22 PM
"I see." He frowned. He wondered what happened to her. And why she didn't remember anything from before the marsh. He looked at her, "Nonsense you're not being a burden."

"I wonder why you don't remember anything before the marsh. How old were you?"

Cyberwing
12-26-2009, 02:29 PM
"I'm not really sure... I think I was around 14... I was told not to worry about it that it was part of the ailment I suffer from. Tannim was always so reassuring about my memory loss. He said it would come back when the time was right." Jerilyn shrugged.

Lairston
12-26-2009, 03:04 PM
"That is very strange. You should be able to remember something from before. I wonder why this ailment takes away your memory. Its just very strange."

He rubbed his chin, "Well I hope you get it back."

Cyberwing
12-26-2009, 03:15 PM
"Thank you Havric... " Jerilyn blushed. She was embarrassed the magic user had picked her up.

She chuckled. "My brother Tannim always said I was a strange creature!"

Lairston
12-26-2009, 03:26 PM
Havric smiled at her when she blushed, "You're welcome."

He chuckled, "No you're not a strange creature. Beautiful. Not strange."

Cyberwing
12-26-2009, 03:40 PM
Jerilyn blushed profusely and looked down. "Thank you magic user..."

Lairston
12-26-2009, 03:56 PM
Havric smiled again, "You're welcome Jerilyn."

"But we're going to have to figure out a way to alleviate your pain. there has to be some way."

He sighed, "I wish I had more knowledge in this magic that Arkvid has suggested."

Jessee
12-26-2009, 05:39 PM
Arkvid thought it was nostalgic when the humans were talking, he remembered when he used to be that way. A normal elf like every other elf. But his curiosity ended up taking him down a dark path.

"You do not wish to know what I know, it came a great price, one that I would not pay again." Arkvid commented.

Veon stood up and walked over to Jerilyn, he cast the spell that he had done earlier. A chair from the earth was made.

"Sit here, it should help a little." Veon said before returning back to his chair.

Cyberwing
12-26-2009, 05:52 PM
Jerilyn smiled at Veon and started to sit down. Suddenly her eyes opened wide and she gasped out in agony. She narrowed her eyes at Veon wondering if he had done that on purpose. Was there something about that 'chair' he conjured? She looked at Arkvid then Veon and frowned.

"This is... just like before..." she whispered.

Jessee
12-27-2009, 09:46 AM
Arkvid was just as confused as Veon when Jerilyn mentioned something about before. Though she only whispered it, elves and dragons could hear it loud as day, as for the humans he did not know.

"Something wrong? " Arkvid asked

Cyberwing
12-27-2009, 12:18 PM
"Oh Arkvid, please use this chair Veon so kindly made. I prefer to sit upon the tree trunk with the Princess. Thank Veon for me." Jerilyn smiled but she was blushing profusely and trying to contain the pain, while sidling away from the earthen seat. She did not manage to mask the look of fear she gave Veon's creation.

Jessee
12-27-2009, 12:31 PM
Arkvid noticed the pain that was being inflicted to Jerilyn because of her leg, he would rather that he just fix her bones. But it seems she was cursed to his knowledge. He could remove curses but it would take a lengthy amount of time, and it would not be appropriate to do it here.

"I am comfortable here, but we need to fix you up. There is a lot of traveling to do up ahead and it would be very difficult to complete the King's task if we have to stop for several hours every few hours. From what I can tell you have been cursed by an evil being and your leg is the cause. Since it is obviously deformed it will continue to try to heal its self, but the curse prevents that and instead inflicts pain. It is possible to remove such a thing, but it would take some time and it would have to be done in private with only mages who know the dark art." Arkvid explained to her.

Cyberwing
12-27-2009, 12:39 PM
Jerilyn looked over at Arkvid, studying his face. "I cannot put you in such danger sir. I told you the last magic user's fate. The King needs you. Perhaps should our situation change I will consider it... but even then I am loathe to risk anyone in such a venture." She responded softly. The gold ring around her irises seemed to shimmer with a soft glow of their own for a brief moment.

Jessee
12-27-2009, 01:47 PM
Arkvid understood her feelings towards the matter but he felt that it was a nessessity.

"I told you how I felt about that as well, we have a long journy ahead. And what if this pain comes at a critical moment, we all could die." Arkvid went on.

Cyberwing
12-27-2009, 02:26 PM
Jerilyn looked angrily back at Arkvid. "Do not lay your guilt at my door! I will not expect any of you to do that! I live with the way I am. I ask no special consideration from you or anyone! If I should fall prey to the enemy then SO be it! At least my being there as possible prey will stop them for a time. Do not concern yourself over me inconveniencing you, Dark One!"

Jerilyn's eyes glowed with a golden light. She spun on her heel and limped into the darkness.

Optimus Prime
12-27-2009, 07:51 PM
Thomas

It had been quiet while Thomas waited with Cassandra and Ariel for Jerilyn to returned. He hoped she remained safe and hoped the others had survived as well. When he heard the others coming back he put a finger to his lips so Cassandra would know to stay quiet and he was all set to do what Jerilyn had told him to do if they were enemies. His sword was in hand and he was ready to get them lost in the marshlands. Luckily he didn't have to worry about that, they were his allies and he relaxed and was relieved to see they were okay. He sighed when he saw that although Jerilyn appreciated the offers for help with her leg, she rejected them. He turned his attention to King Wess when he started talking and nodded his head.

It sounds like a good idea.

Sojourn
12-27-2009, 07:59 PM
Princess Cassandra

It was quiet while they waited for the others to return. The marshes seemed peaceful to Cassandra. When she heard the others coming and Thomas montioned for her to be quiet, she nodded her head and kept her fingers crossed that it wouldn't be the enemies. She breathed a sigh of relief that it was their allies. She felt terrible that Jerilyn was in pain. She nodded her head that the taking out of the general in Fort Dalo should be their first move.

I agree.

She frowned when Jerilyn got upset and started to walk away.She got off the log to catch up to her.

Please don't go Jerilyn. He's just trying to help.

Cyberwing
12-27-2009, 10:03 PM
Jerilyn sighed. "Yes Princess... I know, but he wishes to help on HIS terms, not mine. I will not risk him. The last magic user to try to heal me was left crippled himself. I would not see him left that way."

Jessee
12-28-2009, 12:24 AM
Arkivd made no motion to stop her after he had insulted him, though it was a fitting name he felt.

"Whether or not you would like to admit it, we are all a team now. And as a team everyone of us needs to be in tip-top shape, so that none of us fall. Because if one part will fail, all parts will fail. I am concerned for us all, not just for you. If there was no problem I would not push it so, but you know as well as I do that your leg could give at any moment, that could prove fatal to not just you, but all of us." Arkvid spoke in a calm and respectful tone. "Are you willing to die, and let others die becuase of your fears?" He added in a quieter tone.

Cyberwing
12-28-2009, 08:37 AM
Jerilyn looked around at the others and saw they too felt she should agree. Her heart was torn. If she allowed this, what would happen? The last time the magic user was left permanently lame like her and she was no better. She sighed deeply.

"I go against my better judgment... I should just leave since I would burden you far too much. All right then, but if something happens to you Arkvid, it is not my fault and I DID try to warn you!" She would not look at any of them. Tannim would be screaming at her to run away, then at them to leave her alone... but Tannim wasn't here.

"I warn you one last time, if you are not strong enough this curse will injure you as well..."

Lairston
12-28-2009, 09:35 AM
Havric frowned, "Its highly unlikely an attack would result in us all dying because of Jerilyn's leg. We have far more use for her abilities then we would have setbacks because of something with her leg." He didn't care for the manipulation of her into accepting Arkvid's help. She should accept the help when she's ready. Not because of a guilty conscience of something that is unlikely to occur.

"And I highly doubt that you care about the law against teleporting being a black robe which means you could take her somewhere safe should her leg fail."

He turned to Jerilyn, "If you want him to try, then do so. If your fears are to great, we'll survive."

Jessee
12-28-2009, 10:25 AM
Arkvid thought it was an interesting thing how the mind works.

"Keep in mind that she is our only healer, as skilled as I am in magic..I am no healer. I doubt any of you are, except Jerilyn. She is very important to us all. If one of us gets injured or poisoned we need her to heal. Curses is one thing I can handle. But actual healing I cannot. Also I have no intention of teleporting anywhere. The palace is a hollow place now, it would be sufficient enough." Arkvid responded. "I agree with the human though, I don't want to force you to do something, I want you to do it because you want too. We will not be ready to leave for awhile anyway so that will give you some time to think while we gather supplies for the trip." He added.

Cyberwing
12-28-2009, 11:33 AM
Jerilyn turned to look at Havric. She studied him a moment then smiled. "I've never had anyone stand up for me like that, except Tannim. Thank you Havric."

She turned back to Arkvid and sighed. "Very well, this way if the experiment fails the King can find another healer... and magic user..." She replied crossing her arms under her ample chest, looking over at Arkvid steadily.

Jessee
12-28-2009, 09:31 PM
Arkvid was relieved and worried at the same time, he wanted to help her. A curse is a terrible thing, and to his much saddened heart he knew them all very well.

"Alright then, if you would follow me and Veon.... I would say let everyone come, but I can not guarantee the safety of anyone but me and you." Arkvid said standing from his chair and walking towards the palace.

Cyberwing
12-28-2009, 09:43 PM
Jerilyn followed them but the closer she grew to Veon the more pain she experienced. Finally she had to fall back, realizing it was Veon's nearness that was setting off her agony. She narrowed her eyes at him.
"WHO ARE YOU?" she demanded of him, her strange eyes glowing with a golden ring in the darkness. Jerilyn's voice was full of fear.

Lairston
12-28-2009, 09:56 PM
"Yes she is. She is very important." Havric said to Arkvid.

Havric replied to Jerilyn, "You're welcome. I do try to stand up for those I like." He nodded to her.

And then added, "Now we don't want that. So don't think like that." As he smiled at her.

Then watched as they walked off. He followed a little ways behind to see the spell. And just because he thought he should.

Jessee
12-29-2009, 09:16 AM
Arkvid did not feel comfortable to speak of anything in the open more so after the red mage had been following them from a distance.

"Follow us inside, where it is safe. Then we will answer all your questions." Arkvid answered, he knew what it was. But being out in the open would cause problems, many problems he felt.

Veon put a little distance between him and Jerilyn.

Cyberwing
12-29-2009, 10:09 AM
Jerilyn frowned at Arkvid but nodded her acceptance of his will. She knew one of the group had followed she simply did not know which one. The insects and creatures of the bog let her know simply by listening to them.

She eyed Veon wondering why he caused the sharp pain in her leg to ache so... Entering the silent palace she waited on Arkvid to speak to her. She was filled with anxiety and fear. This would mark a moment in her life from which there would be no returning.... she could feel it.

Jessee
12-29-2009, 02:47 PM
Arkvid lead her deeper into the palace, into a room with a table. He cleared the table with a swoop of his arm and the various things were thrown about the ground with a some-what loud ruckus of metal and wood banging around.

"Sit on the table and roll your pant leg up." Arkvid told her before locking the door with a spell, and putting a sound barrier upon it so that not even the loudest scream may escape it.

"You asked who he was, well for now between you and me.....he is my dragon." Arkvid told her. "We have been together since birth, his and mine. I was once noble, to become a possible candidate for king in the next thousand years maybe. Veon is the dragon that was giving to me as a gift from the Magistairium's leading wizard as a means to set up an alliance if I was to be king. But in the early years of my life, I ruined that chance, I did the forbidden, a taboo of magic. And with the help of my parents who were both mages I was infused with magic. It could have killed me, and it was the most painful thing I have ever felt. Worse than dying a hundred times. But we were caught, and they were executed. I was to be as well but my new abilities let my escape before I would parish. I no longer have the need to say the name of my spells, or to write incantations for certain things. From there me and Veon were on our own. I was filled with anger, and hate. Disgusted by my people, and the urge to take it out was ever present. I was hunted by elves and men, day and night. Mages were even sent to kill me. I found safety among others who were being hunted for there magic taboos. Together we founded The Black Order, and did anything for a price. Nobles and peasants alike headed us for our service..... I have done many terrible things, to many people. And I know why your leg hurts so, for I was there thirty some years ago. We were paid to kill your parents, and to kill you. Until I was able to look at you more I did not know you still lived, you were not meant to live. Veon casted the spell that haunts you, that is why you are pained to be near him. I am terribly sorry, I was a different person then. I do not ask for your mercy, nor do I expect it. But the least I can do, is fix your leg for my sake. I know it will never undo what has been done to you, but it's a small, very small thing I can do. I always ask myself, if I can change, become a different person. I do not know that I can, but I hope that I will. But I fear that I have spilled to much blood, and made to many people suffer. I do not deserve what I seek, my death would still not satisfy all that I have done.... so you wanted to know who we were, now you know. If there is anything else you would like to know please feel free to inquire. If not then please lay down on the table." Arkvid finished. He wanted to let a tear go, but could not bring himself to cry. Veon stayed quiet as well, he could not speak. A lump had formed in his throat, and he could not say anything.

Cyberwing
12-29-2009, 04:37 PM
"How do you know? Why can't I remember?" She whispered not expecting an answer as she listened to Arkvid speak. When he finished she stared at him her odd eyes wide.

"You... you did this to me? I don't understand... I don't remember..."

"Am... am I human? I have often wondered..." She whispered, terrified of hearing the answer but knowing she had to face it... the time had come.

Lairston
12-29-2009, 06:37 PM
Havric went into the castle and became annoyed when he came to the magically sealed door and the soundproofing spell. He could feel both spells and it caused him to frown. He wanted to see what was going on. For curiosity as well as concern for Jerilyn's safety. He went over to a table and picked up another pitcher of water. He spoke the words and poured the water on the floor again. The water began to seep into the wall at the base and soon... a picture appeared within the pitcher of what was going on in the room.

He watched intently.

Jessee
12-29-2009, 08:46 PM
Arkvid diverted his eyes for a moment, she did remember a single thing. It was a side-effect of the curse he thought.

"No, you are Jerilandra the dragon of Tannim. We were sent to kill you. Tannim refused to go to war with the Dwarfs, claiming it was innocent blood. The lord wanted you removed and he turned to me, and Veon. We came at night, it was a cloudy night with no moon. We fell upon you while you were at flight heading towards the Magistairium. We landed on the shores of The Distant Isles. We fought for a long time, in both sword and magic. The battle was slowly leaning towards our favor and you were changing back into your dragon form to flee with Tannim, thats when we casted the spell upon you. You both fell from the sky. We reached you preparing for a fight, but you were unconscious on the ground in your current form. And Tannim was no where to be found, I assumed he fell into the fjord and died. We left you there to die, and received our payment for a job well done. We assumed you died. You probably have no memories because of the curse." Arkvid answered her.

Cyberwing
12-29-2009, 09:02 PM
Jerilyn's eyes grew wider and she backed away from Arkvid. "Have you come to finish the job?" She whispered fearfully... finally realizing what Arkvid had said. She turned to see Veon next to her and she stumbled backward onto the table.

Jerilyn screamed as Veon's eyes claimed hers. The memories came flooding back. She was trapped in this mortal body! Tannim was dead to her. She had found him and healed him but he did not remember her anymore. Their bond had been severed. She did not know what hurt more, the emotional agony or the physical agony at being trapped in this human body. She was an abomination of nature! She was alone... she was trapped forever in this endless curse. Slowly she had lost her memory and when she awakened she was with those she knew as her parents for the last 30 years. Her suffering for the last 30 years had actually been merciful compared to what she was thrust into now. The screaming roar of a dragon in mindless torture ripped through the air. It was a blessing Arkvid had magically protected the sound around the room for her torment would have rocked the air for miles around the palace had he not been so thorough.

Her gold rimmed eyes shimmered with tears. She was a dragon's spirit forever trapped in a human body. She would never know flight, never feel the glorious breeze over her wings as she sailed among the clouds. She was useless! Tannim...

She could not think of Tannim without the dreadful stab of loss. He was alive but he did not know her, did not remember her or their life together. He was lost to her forever. Tannim, her friend, her dearest friend was gone and forever she would have the gaping hole in her life where he should have been.

She turned to look at Arkvid with tears in her eyes. "Put me out of my misery... finish what you started Assassin!" She hissed at him angrily.

Jessee
12-29-2009, 10:07 PM
Arkvid expected her insults to come, it was only right. He deserved what she spat at him.

Veon felt terrible, he had casted the spell on her. Removed her ability to be a dragon. He would not know what to do with his life if he could not fly, or hunt.

"I am not here to kill you, I will not take your life. I am here to heal you, remove my curse from you. With luck you will be able to change back into your dragon form..." Arkvid responded to her. "I can not kill you as I once would have, please lie down now."

Cyberwing
12-29-2009, 11:04 PM
"Do not change me back into my dragon form. Jerilandra is DEAD! She died when Tannim did. Truly now that I remember... it would be more merciful if you ended my pitiful existence." Jerilyn turned her accusing eyes to Veon.

"At least I did not remember.... now that I do, my heart aches more than I can bear..." Jerilyn wept.

"Do with me as you will Arkvid... nothing can hurt more than what you have just done in restoring my memory..." She turned her face away from him

Jessee
12-30-2009, 12:43 AM
Arkvid let out a sigh, now was not the time to talk to her anymore. Her emotions have over-run her he noticed.

"Please lay down now." Arkvid told her.

Cyberwing
12-30-2009, 07:50 AM
Jerilyn obeyed Arkvid and lay back on the table. She looked at him once more, sighed deeply and closed her eyes. What did she care now? Did it even matter what happened? The grief stricken creature waited for Arkvid to do as he wished.

Jessee
12-30-2009, 09:34 AM
Arkvid stood on one side, and Veon stood on the other. Arkvid pushed up her bad legs pant leg until it was well above the knee. He put his hand on her knee, instantly he could feel the curse, the dark magic that was twisted around her leg. He could feel the pain that was being inflicted upon her, caused by this dark magic. Arkvid drew a small crystal, he held it tight in his hands. The only way to remove a curse is to draw it out into something else. In order for it to get to the crystal, it had to go through Arkvid first. He took a deep sigh, then another.

"You will feel a sharp burning pain, only for a moment though." Arkvid told Jerilyn.

Veon pulled out a small wooden block and handed it to Jerilyn.

"Bite on this." Veon told her in a soft whisper.

Arkvid nodded to Veon and pulled out a similar block and placed it in his mouth. He was ready to take the curse. Veon began to chant a spell, the room was growing darker. As if the candles were being snuffed by the words he spoke. The chant grew louder, and louder even though Veon was not raising his voice. The chant rang in everyone ears until it vibrated softy inside their heads. Then it was quiet for a moment, the calm before the storm. Arkvid braced the block in his mouth, he kept his grip on Jerilyn's leg but he made sure not to squeeze it instead of biting on the block. Arkvid began to draw the magic, he did it all at once as to take the pain from Jerilyn quicker. As soon as the magic was in his body he crumpled to the ground, screaming as loud as he could. The pain was very intense, he could feel it moving though his body, trying to find somewhere to take hold and stay. It felt like every where it was like being stabbed with a long red hot knife over and over rapidly. He sprawled out on the floor and screamed over, and over again. He wished his spell would work faster. Slowly as each moment passed a little more of the curse was taken into the crystal. The pain continued, as did his sprawling and screaming. The pain slowed after a moment, the sharp stabs of pain took longer to come. Five minutes passed, the screaming had stopped and Arkvid lay still on the floor. In his hand was the crystal, now pitch black and full of the dark magic. Veon helped Arkvid up and found him a chair to rest in. The removal was a success. Veon walked over and looked at Jerilyn's leg, it had been completely healed, no longer would she have that limp, or the pain.

Cyberwing
12-30-2009, 10:17 AM
Jerilyn kept her eyes closed at first, tears seeping from the corners despite her desire for them to stop. She took the proffered wood and when Veon began she felt the searing pain of the dark magic as it fought her own essence. She screamed then bit down on the wood. She opened her eyes and her eyes locked with Veon's.

Those long despised, terrible eyes had caused this! Oh how she hated him, the dragon that defeated her! She sought to free her hands and strangle him...anything to stop him from killing Tannim! No... Tannim was dead, well at least to her. She had restored him but he did not remember her, or Jerilandra. His memories of their lives together and their bond had been forever lost.

Jerilyn writhed in her torment but something held her firmly. This pitiful, dying human body was so worthless! How could she help anyone in this wretched form? She felt the loneliness, hopelessness close around her like a huge black cloak; leaving her no air to breathe, no life to live...no future!

Jerilyn's scream ripped through the air and wrapped around both Veon and Arkvid. She turned her suffering eyes to Arkvid, sure she would see his gloating smile as she had before. To her shock he was not gloating, he was 'suffering' as she was. Confused she watched them draw the cursed magic from her leg. The healer within her began to take precedence and she became concerned for Arkvid. As the final bit of dark magic left her body she tried to reach for Arkvid but she was weak, even for this body her strength was nearly gone. She forgot something held her fast.

Jerilyn turned to Veon, her eyes no longer full of hatred, only sad pleading. "You must help your bonded. I know what it is to lose them, I do not wish that horror on even you, Veon, my torturer. Lay him here... beside me, I will restore him..." she whispered to the elven appearing dragon. Jerilyn knew the healing would work even if she were killed, it would continue to flow from her for a time. She was merely a 'conduit' for the healing energy. When she would be too weary to fight Tannim would lay wounded next to her as the white dragon rested and they would be restored.

Lairston
12-30-2009, 11:01 AM
Havric was shocked by what he had seen and heard in the pitcher. Jerilyn was a dragon. He couldn't believe it. He never would have suspected that. Not in a million years. But he wasn't going to let on that he knew. He wasn't supposed to. And he wondered what exactly it would mean to have a dragon with them.

He swallowed as he watched further. He frowned as he found out Arkvid's past and Veon's past deeds with her. Two dragons with them. But they weren't trustworthy... however what could he expect from black robes. He wished he'd gotten through this shield. So he could have helped her.

He watched as they healed her leg. He winced in pain as the scream of both came through the pitcher. It was so intense he almost dropped the pitcher which would have ended the spell. But he managed to keep it in his hands and fell to his knees as he tried to withstand the assault on his ear drums. It was terrible. Like someone was sticking a dagger into his ear it hurt so bad.

He slumped against the wall and slid to the floor. He put the pitcher down and held his head as he watched Jerilyn tell Veon to bring his bonded to her so she could heal him.

Havric looked at his own hand as it was shaking. The result of a fall he took several years ago and the pain he just experienced was causing this he was sure. He reached over with his other hand and grabbed it. He concentrated trying to bring his wild hand under control. Instead the tremor moved up his arm and he laid back on the floor and the seizure commenced.

A few seconds later it was over. He looked around and then returned his gaze to the pitcher.

Jessee
12-30-2009, 01:34 PM
"You need not worry about me, I am fine... Just exhausted, you may leave now." Arkvid said releasing the spells on the door. He sat up in his chair and put the biting block back, as for the crystal he put it in a small box that fit in his pocket.

Cyberwing
12-30-2009, 02:26 PM
Jerilyn was exhausted. When Arkvid responded with such harshness though, she drew her hand back, a look of sorrow on her face. Sliding to the side of the table she stood unsteadily to her feet.

"I'm sorry Veon, I tried to aid him..." Jerilyn whispered to the other dragon. By the rules of dragonkind, Veon was owed a 'Debt of Balance' because he spared her in battle. This fact drew her futher into depression. What would the dark dragon demand of her?

The ever present pain in her leg was gone, although her garment had undergone some damage she observed quickly. With that assessment she reached for her staff. Although she no longer needed to lean heavily upon it she found she could not part with it. The staff provided her some support as she attempted to walk to the doors. Jerilyn found herself very weary. She would not let them see her weakness though, they had enough to look down on her for.

Jerilyn raised her head and took a deep breath. She opened the doors and proceeded to walk down the hallway, keeping one hand on the wall and the other on her staff.

Not seeing anyone she went to the fountain in the garden. Jerilyn removed her damaged leathers and stepped into the fountain to bathe in the foggy mists. Her silvery white strands of hair caught lights from various sources and seemed to amplify them. The fragrant night lilies became her cleansing agent and she lost herself in the pleasure of bathing. It was as if she was washing away much of the pain and torment of the last 30 years.

Her exhaustion was leaving with the heady fragrance as well, something she knew from her years as a student of the flora of the lands. The mists gave her privacy and some degree of modesty. Any who gazed upon the fountain would think they watched a dream or a misty vision. A creature clothed in clouds...

As her strength returned she sat upon the side of the fountain and laced the torn leathers back into some semblance of modesty. Although in reality they would leave a tantalizing peek of the shapely leg below. She did her best to mend them for now. The leathers would need to be replaced soon as possible.

Jerilyn donned her clothing again, took up her staff and started back to the others. She hoped they had rested well. She would try to join them. Although she was hurt by Arkvid's rebuff of her offer to aid him, she WAS very tired herself and would attempt to sleep for a few hours before the dawn came.

Lairston
12-30-2009, 03:02 PM
Havric was unaware that he even had a seizure. He just knows his hand twitches out of control every once in a while. And sometimes when he tries to talk during a minor one, the wrong word comes out. He sat there and watched as Jerilyn was rebuffed from helping him and shook his head.

When the shield spell was lifted, Havric ended the spell over the pitcher and placed it back where it had been. He ducked into another room and let her walk by. He watched her and thought to himself she was so beautiful and didn't even know it. How could she not be human? He waited to let her get a lead and then followed. He doubted she wanted to know he was around.

When he got to the exit and saw she was bathing in the fountain, his heart skipped a beat as he saw her uncovered even as the waters hid her secrets but the mind filled them in. It was like seeing a vision. A mistic vision and her silver hair was amplified by the moonlight. The wonderful moonlight that made her even more beautiful if that was possible. He didn't know what to do. He couldn't show himself and he couldn't look away. He just stood there in the shadows and admired the vision.

When she sat on the edge with the fountain between them, he came out of the trance he was in. He quickly managed to get away and around her so that he could wait for her ahead and not reveal that he knew about her secret. He headed toward where the others were. But didn't go the whole way. Instead he stopped and waited for her sitting at the base of a tree.

When she appeared on the trail he stood up, "Are you okay?"

Cyberwing
12-30-2009, 03:24 PM
"Oh, Havric, you startled me!" Jerilyn managed a smile. "You were waiting for me?" she asked curiously. It touched her heart that he was concerned for her. She realized it was probably because she was the healer for this expedition but it was nice to know someone had been concerned.

"Thank you Havric, it was most thoughtful of you to wait for me." Jerilyn felt odd saying those words now. What would he think if he knew she were really a dragon trapped in the body of a human? She sighed without realizing it.