PDA

View Full Version : OOC The General CGR OOC thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

Mattson
09-08-2010, 05:49 PM
For all your random OOC coordination needs.

Mattson
09-08-2010, 06:01 PM
Tossed up a brief post for Elysia, the home of the First, to help dangle the mystery. Stickied a Bio thread for people. I can do a planet bio thread too if needed. Any opening posts on a planet probably should have a brief bit about the world etc to help people get a sense of it. I'll probably be mostly overseeing things around and helping to set the stage as people craft their individual worlds and connections get woven.

SilntAngl5
09-08-2010, 08:13 PM
Woot! Do we need to have bios approved before they're posted?

Mattson
09-08-2010, 08:20 PM
Well, what do you have for a concept first?

Sojourn
09-08-2010, 08:21 PM
Cool! Corey and I will get working on our bios and planet info soon.

Edit to add: Did you want that stuff PMed to you after we have worked out before we post it here?

Mattson
09-08-2010, 08:25 PM
I mostly want to get the basic ideas out there so we don't have people working in secret on the same base concept by accident. Trust me, its happened before. Gamer telepathy is a scary thing at times.

Sojourn
09-08-2010, 08:40 PM
Ah I see. We're going to go with the fire and ice gods we mentioned before.

Mattson
09-08-2010, 08:53 PM
Build away.

Optimus Prime
09-08-2010, 10:05 PM
Bios posted for our First. We'll create a thread for Nero (that's what we decided to name our planet) tomorrow.

MST3KMAN
09-09-2010, 12:31 PM
I was talking with Tiger yesterday and I came up with an idea for my characters and how they come into the story.

Since my characters will mostly likely not fit in like everyone elses (Since I'm not really understanding the whole story but I learn better by running with it) and since I'm new to this whole thing anyway, I figured that my characters could be from a different dimension. Like from the universe that I created with them and they're thrown into this one. Tiger thought it could work if I do it a certain way which I had already thought of doing, they're just show up... They don't know where they are, they don't really know why they're there (Well Victor won't), but they kinda don't really care. Victor is like the kid taken to their father's job, running around going "Ooooh what's that do?" in a way. Loki just adapts as fast as he can in order to survive. Later on it'll be explained on what happened but from when they arrive till then it's not really explained.

In other words they're there without a good reason and is explained later. Tiger and I like the idea....what do y'all think?

I also figured this could be best for at least an acting point of view, as you explain what's going on to my characters I'll figured out what's going on.

Quaxo9
09-09-2010, 12:38 PM
I think it sound great, 3K! Go for it! btw - you're not the only one who uses their character to figure out more about the world they're in for your own purposes! ;)

MST3KMAN
09-09-2010, 12:52 PM
YAY ME! HAHAHA I'm getting pretty stoked now.

Mattson
09-09-2010, 05:04 PM
It sounds good, 3K. Do think of a world for them to arrive on. Preferablly not Elysia. I don't want to start answering its secrets just yet.

Mattson
09-09-2010, 05:26 PM
3K, you may want to crop down smaller images for posting use. Uploadit is a great site for linking character images to here. And your image for Victor totally destroyed my mental image for him.

Sojourn
09-09-2010, 09:44 PM
We're starting up Nero's thread. The people of Nero believe that Selene and Barrett have been in comas and they are finally waking up from them but have no memory of where they are or who they are but others know them. We both figured with a First it would be possible to unintentionally create false memories in mortals. For the citizens of Nero to remember things that never truly happen so the Firsts would seem to belong in the world.

Mattson
09-09-2010, 10:01 PM
Cool.

SilntAngl5
09-11-2010, 02:36 PM
Hmm... I'm trying to make a character/bio but a lot of them seem similar to Cao or Sil... drats.

Mattson
09-11-2010, 03:35 PM
Well, if you want to toss ideas, I'm on IMs, Sil.

SilntAngl5
09-17-2010, 08:55 PM
I might so that when I have something a bit more solid. If I make a character, do I need to make a world for them to exist on, or can I plop them in someone else's?

Mattson
09-17-2010, 09:00 PM
Given we only have one world at the moment, I'd rather get a second one going.

SilntAngl5
09-20-2010, 05:50 PM
Okay. I call dibbs on a steampunk-magical world!

It needs a name, though....

Shadowseldil
10-14-2010, 10:34 AM
Hey, sorry I haven't been around, I've been a little busy, but I should be here more regularly. Any suggestions where you would like Maverik, provided that he is still approved?

Mattson
10-14-2010, 03:39 PM
We've only had two people make First. Its not like we have a lot of plots running about. At this point with Maverik we have more not First then sorta awake First. I had been hoping for at least two planets up and active. And more people doing this. It seemed to have a fair amount of support starting out but not a lot beyond wait and see.

As for where to put him, figure a planet of your own, hunt a First, have fun.

Shadowseldil
10-14-2010, 06:11 PM
Sounds like a plan then. I'll get to work on that in a bit.

SilntAngl5
11-15-2010, 06:19 AM
I made a planet. Characters to follow shortly. :) A God of Time and a Goddess of Space and Travel. Cheers!

Shadowseldil
11-21-2010, 12:58 PM
My world is likewise up.

I'm thinking up a few new characters, both for my world and for Sil's. I'll post them when I have more thought about it.

SilntAngl5
11-22-2010, 07:43 PM
Rock. Any questions about Emporium, Shadow, let me know!

Shadowseldil
11-24-2010, 07:48 PM
So, a few questions,

1) What are you thinking of as a plot?

2) Would you be opposed to having Maverik in as a secondary antagonist?

3) Do your two characters have any friends, i.e. characters that I could play? I was thinking of a sort of tinkering scientist, orphaned, a child of the streets, but a sort of child prodigy, preferably a girl about 10 years old, give or take.

SilntAngl5
11-27-2010, 03:12 PM
1) I haven't decided where exactly to start yet, but we need to start along the lines of First waking up, yes? Here's what i've got so far:

If you haven't read their history in Emit and Pasce's bios, please do so!

Emit tries (or tried depending on where we start) to help Pasce see the truth in her dreams. After all their research, they are still unclear. The 5 members of the Magik High Council come to test Pasce to see if she can aptly apply all she was taught to rule (magik, strategy, tactics, etc.). She passes and a coronation date is set. Pasce's dreams get worse but she cannot see what it is she will do to send her world into chaos.

At the coronation, the 5 Councilmen (one from each province on Rekodo), call upon their founding ancestral spirits to bestow the power of rule upon Pasce. She ends up stealing the ancestral spirit's powers into herself, leaving the Councilmen utterly useless. They want to try Pasce for her crimes, but she passes out (falls asleep) and Emit, compelled by the 5th oath, takes her away to hide her and protect her. He ends up trying to revive her magikally, but interferes with whatever's going on to the waking-up First. It ends up sparking his awakening and he, too falls asleep.

If you want, they can wake up at the house of your character.

Pasce also has an older brother that you can play if you like. She and her brother are very close. He is her Life Guardian and was raised to protect her.

2) No! That would be perfect! He can be hired to hunt Pasce (and Emit for hiding her from trial that would keep them from needing to fulfill the 5th oath). If you don't want to do that, we can work something else out.

3) Tinkering scientists would fit well in Emporium. Pasce has an older brother you can play or, I'd imagine your young child prodigy could have been a friend of hers from the school she went to. Or you could combine the two.

I don't know how long they should sleep for, either. Maybe Pasce can't stand trial until she wakes as her word cannot be heard and the 5th oath cannot be invalidated without it... so maybe they put she and Emit in stasis until they wake? If it needs to be years later, that way that can work.

Matts, any ruling about how long they should sleep?

Shadowseldil
11-27-2010, 09:58 PM
Then, I pose for you this character. I'm not sure how to fit her in yet, but I'll let you look at her.

Felicity Poahr

I'll have her history up once she is approved, but as a background: she's orphaned, and working as a mechanic of her own shop (Although not technically. She's more like a junior partner. But she has free reign of her little corner of the shop, as well as a list of dedicated customers.) The owner of the building is like an uncle to her: not really family but the closest thing she has. She can live on the street and gets around by hidden passages and rooftop trails like ragamuffins usually do in steam punk stories. However, she also has a few choice inventions she keeps to herself that help with transportation. She has plenty of money, but she's trying to save up to buy a little house for herself.

As for Maverik, he's really more of a lone-wolf hunter. He's not the type to get involved with governments or anything of the sort. He's more then... well, not happy, but... he'll just shoot and move along. However, since he is a god-hunter, it is reasonable that he would be sent to target the awakening First.
I do think it would be a good idea to have him targeting Pasce, though. I never fully explained it, but he has a soft spot for young girls. Also, my character plays to that, too. It's an aspect of Maverik's history that will play out in the stories.
Of course, that is not to say he won't still shoot them. Just that he'll do more investigating before he shoots them.

As far as her older brother, I can play him if you need someone to do. I'd just as soon not, but if you need someone, I can.

SilntAngl5
12-04-2010, 01:50 PM
I like the sounds of her! What kind of things will she be a mechanic of? Keep in mind, this is a world of magic so the possibilities are endless. It could be anything from flying cars to anything you can come up with. Would you like Pasce and Emit to run into her while they're fleeing? They'll need a place not in the big hub of the city, or not close to its magical epicenter, at least.

And you don't have to play Pasce's brother. I'll do it, if he comes around much.

Could Maverick be misinformed? Maybe he thinks he's hunting Emit and not Pasce? Or maybe the council want Emit killed for treachery and Pasce returned so she can be forced to give back the anscetral spirits? Both are awakening Firsts.

Monkey Kitty
12-22-2010, 09:46 PM
Hi folks! *waves*

I was wondering if people can still join this, or is it too late?

Sojourn
12-22-2010, 10:46 PM
I say the more the merrier and I'm pretty sure Matts would agree too. It's starting slow and right now there's only three worlds up.

Monkey Kitty
12-26-2010, 02:33 PM
Cool, thanks Jenny. :)

I have some ideas for a character, but I'm going to be out of town for the next couple of days and I'm not sure whether I'll have internet access and/or time to write. When I get back, I'll do some catchup reading and try to get a bio posted.

Shadowseldil
12-27-2010, 11:49 AM
Three worlds, thank you.

Anyway, I'm going to get onto things I was going to do before I got busy.

Sojourn
12-27-2010, 02:15 PM
You're welcome Monkey Kitty. Oops my bad Shadowseldeil. I meant three worlds.

Monkey Kitty
12-28-2010, 08:11 PM
Oh, one other question? (Though I'm still out of town. ;))

Can I play two characters? There's some possibility of that, and their stories would interrelate.

Shadowseldil
12-28-2010, 11:33 PM
Well, it would depend on the world (and by correlation, the GM), but I don't think anyone would have a problem with it.

Sojourn
12-30-2010, 07:46 PM
I don't think Matts would have a problem with it Monkey Kitty.

Optimus Prime
12-30-2010, 09:12 PM
Having RPed with Matts for many years, I don't he'd have a problem with you joining Monkey Kitty or having more then one character.

Monkey Kitty
12-30-2010, 09:38 PM
Cool, thanks. :)

I'm still not 100% sure what I'm going to do. I'm in the batting ideas around in my head stage at present. ;)

Monkey Kitty
01-01-2011, 02:20 PM
OK, I've been working on a character. I'm just not quite sure where she belongs or how she should work into the story, or what world she belongs on. Basically at this point she could go in just about any direction, though if she gets pulled down a villainous path it would probably only be temporary until she figures things out a little more. Ultimately she's more of the good guy type, but at the moment she's pretty impressionable.

Any ideas for what to do with her?

(I'll put her in the bio thread once she's all finalized and stuff, I just wanted to let people have a look for now.)

Name: Gwynn Raincrow

Titles: Goddess of Storms, Bringer of Rain, That Weird Kid

Major Powers: Gwynn has the ability to transform into cloud form at will, making her invulnerable to most physical attacks, since they go right through her. However, this is more a defensive power than a combat ability because she is not able to counterattack in this form, though she can move from one location to another. Gwynn can become the cloud almost instantaneously, but reassembling her molecules afterward is a more complicated process, usually taking her 30 seconds to a minute of mental concentration to return gradually to normal.

When in human-like physical form, Gwynn is able to conjure small localized rain and lightning storms with a radius of at most about twenty feet outward from herself as the epicenter. She is not damaged by her own lightning, but nor can she yet target it more specifically than focusing a storm on her current location.

She's still learning.

Minor Powers: Gwynn has the ability to permanently alter her physical form, a power which replaces physical growth or change by aging in the long-term. However, it takes a tremendous amount of work and energy, so it's not something done on a whim, it's more like a chrysalis process. She would only change into a form she intended to stay in for a long time. Its purpose is to prepare her to enter a new life stage, if one should come.

Items of Note: Gwynn wears a small silver compass on a chain around her neck. The necklace has no special powers, but checking the magnetic fields around her now and then helps her keep her storm abilities focused.

Brief Description: Gwynn looks like she's about sixteen years old; she has the mind of an adult and does not physically age. She is about five feet tall and has a petite build. Her straight black hair is chopped off rather bluntly at chin length, and her skin is too pale to look entirely healthy. Normally her eyes are a startling and rather disconcerting red, but when she's using or about to use her powers they turn stormy grey. She usually wears simple dark-coloured clothes.

Because Gwynn had to choose her new form without having actually seen a humanoid up close, she is not a perfect copy. Though she's fairly pretty, there's just something indefinably "off" about her facial features, and she didn't realize red eyes would not be a normal colour because red is pretty and her favourite. Nor does Gwynn manage the physical stance and posture of a teen very well, and her movements are abrupt and birdlike.

Gwynn tends to have a rather guarded and wary manner until she is familiar with you, and her social skills are somewhat lacking simply because her opportunities for interaction have up till now been minimal.

World Hidden on/attached to: ?

History: Gwynn awoke as a lizard, with no memories of particular events but with a minor degree of innate knowledge about the cosmos around her. Once she had learned all she could as that lizard, she went dormant for a month in her chrysalis and assumed her current form.

Her sheer lack of history and knowledge is actually one of the defining points of Gwynn's current existence. Who am I? What am I? What can I do? and Why should I do it? are all very relevant questions to her at present.

Gwynn's main challenge is that she feels rootless and disconnected. She has nothing she thinks of as home, no relationships with any sentient creatures, and no sense of her past.

For her current incarnation, Gwynn has chosen a form that she believes will help her make connections and put down roots. Her quest for knowledge is at least as much about learning emotions as learning practicalities.

At the moment she is somewhat malleable, but she also has a strong internal moral compass that she is only beginning to discover as she sees what exists outside her comfortable but limiting lizard burrow.

Sojourn
01-01-2011, 04:05 PM
I think she sounds like a good character and could fit into any of the worlds already established.

Monkey Kitty
01-02-2011, 11:14 AM
Cool. :)

I'm pretty open to where she could be. I realize this storyline isn't super fast paced, but I'm hoping to use her in a thread that's relatively active.

Other than that, I will defer to the world-creators about where she belongs. ;)

Sojourn
01-04-2011, 07:50 PM
Yeah it isn't very fast but there also isn't a lot of players right now. It's pretty much up to you about where you'll think she'll fit in it best and what type of world setting you want to play in.

Optimus Prime
01-04-2011, 07:55 PM
Of the worlds created, Sil's World of Emporium seems to have the most technology.

Monkey Kitty
01-04-2011, 10:28 PM
I would be cool with playing in any of the worlds. :)

What I'm more concerned about is story, because I'm not sure what people have planned. I don't want to just butt Gwynn in and have her disrupt someone's plot.

So does any plotter want a... whatever the heck Gwynn is... for your ongoing story? :P

Shadowseldil
01-05-2011, 12:19 AM
Hmm... what's her general age?

Monkey Kitty
01-05-2011, 08:55 AM
She looks sixteen because she chose that form for this particular physical incarnation of herself, but she has the mind of an adult.

She's been awake for what I imagine would be a few months.

Shadowseldil
01-05-2011, 09:32 AM
Okay. I need to know because it may change the way Maverik interacts with her, should you choose one of the stories he's in. Which could be all of them, eventually.

Monkey Kitty
01-05-2011, 09:38 AM
That's actually why she chose the form she did. ;)

She wants to learn about interactions between people, and she feels that appearing young makes her seem less threatening and potentially more sympathetic at first glance. She doesn't have any intention to deceive anyone and would explain the situation if asked, she just wants to make it as easy as possible for herself to make friends. :)

Optimus Prime
02-07-2011, 09:08 PM
Monkey Kitty if you're still interested you are welcome to join Planet Nero's thread. Jen and I have been busy for the last few weeks because of work, spending time with Teddy, and all the snow we got but we'll be able to post in that thread pretty regularly soon.

Monkey Kitty
02-09-2011, 12:34 AM
Sure, sounds good. Thanks! :)

Should I just post something, or did you want to work out a specific intro in advance?

Optimus Prime
02-09-2011, 07:05 AM
You're welcome and you can post whenever you are ready.

Monkey Kitty
02-09-2011, 09:30 AM
Cool, I'll try to get something up after work. :)

Shadowseldil
02-09-2011, 07:13 PM
Le Sigh... no one wants to join me, and I don't know what happened to Sil.

Monkey Kitty
02-09-2011, 07:34 PM
Last I heard from Sil, she was having computer issues. Her computer would close the browser when she tried to make a post or send an e-mail. Since I've not heard anything since then, I assume it's an ongoing problem. :(

Shadowseldil
02-10-2011, 09:55 AM
Sounds like she doesn't use Firefox.

Monkey Kitty
02-10-2011, 02:58 PM
I don't know which browser she uses.

I miss her. :(

Shadowseldil
02-11-2011, 10:53 AM
I'm going to have to get into planet nero. But I'll need to think of a valid character...

Monkey Kitty
02-12-2011, 12:12 AM
Sorry I didn't get a post up when I intended, guys. I'm still feeling out this character. Soon, though! :)

Sojourn
02-12-2011, 05:07 PM
That's okay. Post whenever you're ready. Shadow you are welcome to join Planet Nero as well. I hope Sil is doing okay. I miss seeing her online as well.

Shadowseldil
02-13-2011, 10:49 AM
Quick question about Nero: How much Universal Energy is there on the planet? In other words, do the people of the planet have any sort of magic?

Sojourn
02-13-2011, 04:37 PM
Average citizens of Nero do not possess magical abilities. They aren't aware that magic really exists and if told about magic they would think it was for stories. You are welcome to create a character who can use magic on Nero though. Luca and Jared both have some sort of magic but no one else knows that.

Monkey Kitty
02-14-2011, 05:59 PM
I'm having trouble deciding where (geographically speaking) Gwynn should start. What would you guys recommend? Is there a location where it would be best for her to begin?

Sojourn
02-14-2011, 09:31 PM
That's up to you because Corey and I can work Gwynn in either way. Pagos is a snow kingdom that is ruled by Selene and Fotia is a desert kingdom ruled by Barrett. The plan is for Barrett to invite Selene to Fotia soon (we just have to get around to posting that and hope to do so in the next day or so).

Shadowseldil
02-15-2011, 12:37 PM
I would like to propose these two characters for your consideration.

Grimcleaver
Mercy Vylkar

Optimus Prime
02-15-2011, 08:47 PM
Both characters soon good to us Shadow.

Shadowseldil
02-22-2011, 10:34 AM
I think I'm going to begin work on an over-arching villain. I'm debating if I should put him in a current story, or else just have him in his own little private place. What do you think?

Sojourn
02-22-2011, 11:36 AM
I think to start off it would be good for him to have his own place. Corey and I are getting closer to Selene and Barrett realizing they aren't normal but it'll be a while before they find out they are members of the First.

Honor's Angel
02-22-2011, 05:37 PM
This storyline sounds fun. It seems my partner in crime Mil isn't here anymore (:() so my old CG stories are done.I'll probably revamp Angel if anyone could help me think of a place to go.

Sojourn
02-22-2011, 06:15 PM
Susie Q!

Big huggles!

You're more then welcome to join us on Planet Nero. It seems like the only story with activity right now.

(I miss Mil too. :()

Optimus Prime
02-22-2011, 06:18 PM
Hey girl, we've missed you. Especially since you moved away.

Hit us up on Myspace or Facebook and we'll chat about a way to work you into the story. Jen and I'll be online for a while.

(Add me the list of people who miss Mil. I hope he's doing all right.)

Honor's Angel
02-22-2011, 06:44 PM
I miss you guys too. But I had to move where the jobs were. I'll definitely find you on one of them and we'll plot like the old days. :D

(I hope Mil is doing good too.)

Honor's Angel
02-22-2011, 08:39 PM
Okay after some plotting I got a character ready. This Angel will be very similar to the Angel of the old Crossgen stories. She'll primarily be a healer but I call her the goddess of nurture because she has a very nurturing in personality and would use her powers to help others.

Shadowseldil
02-28-2011, 11:03 AM
hey, quick question about Nero: is it taking place in the "Present?"
What I mean is, in the over-arcing time line, when is it happening?

Sojourn
02-28-2011, 01:42 PM
It's taking place during the present time.

Shadowseldil
03-02-2011, 11:45 PM
Okay, another question: What is Barrett's last name? Or at least the last name he would use?

Optimus Prime
03-03-2011, 09:01 AM
It took me some thinking but the last name he would use is Resheph.

Monkey Kitty
03-03-2011, 03:41 PM
LOL, Corey we crossposted with each of our characters stepping in front of the other one. :P

I deleted mine and I'll have Gwynn do something else. ;)

Optimus Prime
03-03-2011, 03:55 PM
LOL, we just had the same idea at the same time. ;)

Although Jared would probably be better off with Gwynn protecting him since she's a goddess.

Monkey Kitty
03-03-2011, 04:32 PM
Don't worry, if he gets into danger, she will. :)

Optimus Prime
03-03-2011, 06:02 PM
Oh that's good.

Shadowseldil
03-03-2011, 06:58 PM
Don't worry, there shouldn't be too much trouble. Maverik is going to have something else catch his attention.

Optimus Prime
03-03-2011, 07:39 PM
That's fine. Jared isn't a First even if he has some sort of magic. Barrett's near the ball room's door watching the exchange with his guards.

SilntAngl5
03-10-2011, 04:06 PM
Pink eye anyone? or how about some vomiting/diarrhea combo? Three for the price of one!

Still room for me?

Sojourn
03-10-2011, 09:02 PM
Of course there is. :)

I'm sorry you've been so sick Sil. I hope you feel better soon.

SilntAngl5
03-11-2011, 04:48 PM
Thanks, Jenny! Got a bunch of meds that are doing the trick. I've got an initial post typed up for my characters in Emporium. Shadow, I can't recall if we said our characters would know each other or not? If Emit does, he'd bring Pasce toward your super-mechanic gal. I can't remember what we decided. Was it in PMs or in the OOC...? *Wanders away to look*

Optimus Prime
03-12-2011, 01:00 PM
Welcome back Sil. Hope the meds do the trick so you get and stay healthy. It's no fun being sick.

SilntAngl5
03-12-2011, 02:57 PM
Thanks, Corey. Feeling much better now!

Shadow - I found our chat in the OOC, but we didn't define the relationship of our characters. Any thoughts before I post?

Optimus Prime
03-12-2011, 03:12 PM
Glad to hear it. I think Shadow is going to MIA for a couple days because of real life.

SilntAngl5
03-13-2011, 02:39 PM
Ah. I think I'll just post then and he can let me know if I need to adjust it when he's back. :)

Anyone else is welcome to join in, too! If you have any questions, please PM me or ask away here! :D

Monkey Kitty
03-13-2011, 02:49 PM
Glad you're joining us, Sil. :)

It doesn't look like our characters will cross paths for awhile (if at all) but I look forward to reading what you come up with.

Monkey Kitty
03-13-2011, 09:18 PM
Just to warn you guys, I'm going to be out of town from the 15th to the 23rd.

I hope to have internet at my destination, but I'm not sure if I will or not. Sorry for any delays that may cause!

Honor's Angel
03-14-2011, 02:02 PM
Hi Sil. I'm glad to hear you're feeling better. Hopefully our characters will get to interact eventually. :)

Monkey Kitty have fun on your trip.

Shadowseldil
03-14-2011, 05:20 PM
Okay, well, I should be back for a little while, but I might have to duck out again in a week or so to take care of certain matters. Maybe. We'll see when the time comes.

Anyway Sil, glad to hear you are doing a little better. I'll keep praying for you.
As for them knowing each other, I don't think necessarily that they would. I'll defer to your decision on that, but no, I don't think they need to.

Now I have to catch up. I hate catching up...

One other thing, Sil: I'm beginning work on an over-arching plot, and I'd like to know when Emporium takes place. Is it concurrent with the "present," or does it take place in the past somewhere?

For information purposes, Tyyran takes place about 19 years in the past.

Sojourn
03-14-2011, 10:06 PM
Have fun MK. :D

All right Selene and Barrett are going to be "visiting the menagerie" for a little while. Shadow did you plan to post the soldier coming from Pagos to tell Selene about the attack? If not, I'll post him. If you are planning to do so Luca is in the ball room right now so the soldier can talk to her while Selene is "busy".

Optimus Prime
03-14-2011, 10:10 PM
Enjoy yourself MK.

Once again Jen and I continue a tradition of the old CG boards. Our characters go to a party and always have to sneak off to have private "fun".

Honor's Angel
03-15-2011, 06:31 AM
LOL. It wasn't a old CG party without your characters going off somewhere. So does that mean Selene and Barrett will have a little "surprise" too?

Shadowseldil
03-15-2011, 12:53 PM
No I don't intend to post for him. You can do so and make up details. It's more fun, and honestly, realistic that way. Sort of a creative writing "telephone game."

Sojourn
03-15-2011, 08:58 PM
Okay I just wanted to check with you first.

And no Angel there's no plans for a little "surprise" yet. lol

SilntAngl5
03-16-2011, 09:12 PM
Anyway Sil, glad to hear you are doing a little better. I'll keep praying for you.
As for them knowing each other, I don't think necessarily that they would. I'll defer to your decision on that, but no, I don't think they need to.

Now I have to catch up. I hate catching up...

One other thing, Sil: I'm beginning work on an over-arching plot, and I'd like to know when Emporium takes place. Is it concurrent with the "present," or does it take place in the past somewhere?

For information purposes, Tyyran takes place about 19 years in the past.

Thanks for the prayers, Shadow :) Awful sweet of you. Things are on the up-and-up.

I'll just have Pasce have dreamed that going to Felicity's would work, if that's alright. I put a post up for you. Let me know if you'd like me to alter it at all.

I'm not sure about the time of Emporium vs. the present. How would it affect things if it were in the present or in the past? Is there a present timeline being Rped now?

Monkey Kitty
03-17-2011, 07:24 PM
I'm in the sunshine! Yay! :)

Great posting, guys. Very dramatic. :)

Threw in some Gwynn for ya. ;)

Optimus Prime
03-18-2011, 06:30 AM
Thanks and lucky you. It's starting to get nice here in the 50's. Went fishing yesterday with Teddy but we didn't catch anything. Still was nice to get out though.

Sojourn
03-18-2011, 06:32 AM
Thanks and Gwynn doesn't have to worry. I think it'll be a cold day in Fotia before anyone thought she was a traitor. Enjoy the sunshine. :)

Monkey Kitty
03-18-2011, 06:37 PM
Gwynn is glad. :)

She is aware of her own weirdness, though, so she worries sometimes. ;)

Monkey Kitty
04-09-2011, 04:08 PM
Sorry not to have posted in awhile. I'm not quite sure where to go from here. Any thoughts? :)

Sojourn
04-09-2011, 08:12 PM
It's okay, Corey and I aren't too sure either. Got a little bit of writer's block for Nero right now.

Sojourn
04-15-2011, 09:26 AM
The traitor SL is in Shadow's hands but I did have Selene get ticked off and teleport herself to Fotia. I had her approach Gwynn. :)

Monkey Kitty
04-15-2011, 02:02 PM
Cool, Gwynn will respond. :)

Shadowseldil
04-15-2011, 10:28 PM
SL?

Anyway, sorry, I sort of forgot what about what I was going to do with Lord Riddarith. I'll get on that now.

Sojourn
04-15-2011, 10:34 PM
SL is short for storyline.

And no need for apologies.

Monkey Kitty
04-16-2011, 08:29 PM
Shadow, I edited your post to fix a broken tag. :)

Shadowseldil
04-16-2011, 08:53 PM
Um... thanks?

Monkey Kitty
04-16-2011, 09:29 PM
Um... thanks?

Um... you're welcome? I'm assuming it wasn't intentional that your formating tags were not closed right. ;)

Seriously, the reason I mentioned it not to get you to thank me, but just so if you saw the "edited by" line, you wouldn't have to wonder what I went in and changed. :)

MystikChronicler
05-14-2011, 05:38 PM
Are there many people still rp'ing CG-related stories? I'm interested in getting involved, but I'm more motivated if there are other players to interact with. :)

Sojourn
05-15-2011, 08:57 AM
There's a few people involved. The main characters are First but they don't really realize what that means yet.

MystikChronicler
05-15-2011, 09:57 AM
Okay, I'll look around see what's being RP'ed. But, if someone would be so kind as to give me a tiny heads up on what's being rp'ed currently, I would appreciate that. I'd love to bring MC back, but I don't want to interfere with the current SL until I find a place to bring him into the story. Know what I mean? God, I've missed this.

Sojourn
05-15-2011, 10:42 AM
Planet Nero (mine and Corey's planet) is the most active right now. My character Selene (Goddess of Ice and Queen of Pagos) and her lover Barrett (Corey's character and the God of Fire and King of Fotia) rule the planet's two main kingdoms. Someone is trying to start a war between their kingdoms and attempted to frame Fotia for attacking the capital city of Pagos. Selene and Barrett are trying to find out who the traitors are. Also on Nero is Gwynn (Goddess of Storms) who is Monkey Kitty's character. She lives at Barrett's place and appears to be a teenager. She can change her form and used to be a lizard. Jared (Barrett's advisor) found her wandering around Fotia and Barrett is letting her stay in his palace so she has a home. Angel (Goddess of Nurture) is Honor's Angel character. She runs the orphanage in Nero. Shadowseldil has a few characters running around, including one who is the traitor in Nero. Also Grimcleaver who is a barbarian who attacked Pagos and Mercy who is a Thokka dancer that lives with the barbarians. He also is playing Maverik who is trying to hunt down the First.

Shadow is in charge of the "big bad" in the over all storyline. Sil has a world up as well.

MystikChronicler
05-15-2011, 11:17 AM
Sounds intriguing. I'm going to catch up on the Planet Nero story and see if I can find a way to bring MC in to that SL. Once I have an idea, I'll run it by you guys. All right?

Sojourn
05-15-2011, 11:24 AM
Sounds good. :)

SilntAngl5
05-17-2011, 10:50 AM
I, for whatever reason, did not see a new post in Emporium. Shadow, dear, are you about? I wasn't going to have Emit pass out yet so he could explain himself... maybe he can be roused? if not, it leaves me with little to post with unless you want me to play the part of the doctor.

Shadowseldil
05-17-2011, 06:59 PM
I'm sorry. It sounded as he was already going out. If you want, I can change it.

If the doctor gets there, there's a good chance he'll recognize them. You can play him. I was really expecting something to happen, though, like Pasce to suddenly wake up, or for Emit to mumble Felicity's name, or something weird.

SilntAngl5
05-19-2011, 06:35 PM
Emit can do that, if you like. Or Pasce can. I was hoping to have her sleep longer than he. I think I'll have Emit wake up (maybe briefly?) If the doctor recognizes them, and reports it, it could move our characters and get things jump started.

Monkey Kitty
06-02-2011, 01:24 PM
Gwynn probably will not do much until either the meeting is over or something disrupts the situation. So no need to wait for me to post in the meantime. I'll jump in when/if I need to. Otherwise, feel free to go on. :)

Sojourn
06-06-2011, 07:02 PM
That's fine, we'll wait to see if Shadow has any characters who want to speak out at the meeting.

Shadowseldil
06-06-2011, 07:46 PM
No, I don't believe so.

Continue at your leisure.

Optimus Prime
06-06-2011, 07:57 PM
Okay, we just wanted to make sure you didn't have anything planned before we continued on.

SilntAngl5
06-14-2011, 10:37 AM
Hey Shadow, love... I'm RPing the doctor, yes?

Shadowseldil
06-14-2011, 11:52 AM
If you wish. I wasn't sure if I wanted to bring him in at all, but if you want to, go for it.

SilntAngl5
06-21-2011, 03:54 PM
We don't have to. Your call, love, not mine.

Meteoro
06-23-2011, 02:13 PM
It looks like Planet Nero is the place to go, uh? Is there anything to know. I will check out the thread, but it looks a bit huge, lol.

Shadowseldil
06-23-2011, 04:22 PM
Well, there are three threads made so far that are in play. Planet Nero is the most lively of them, as it sports the most players. The world of Emporium has Silntangl and myself, but I'm sure she'd be open to having another player in it. And then there is Planet Tyyran, which so far only has me, so it hasn't really gone anywhere.

A planet deep in space and Elysia are not in play. The first will be used for certain overarching plot details, while the second is... I'm not really sure what Mattson had in mind, to be honest.

Anyway, about Nero: Here is the general cast of characters you need to know:
Barrett - First of fire and king of the southern desert kingdom of Fotia. He and Selene are romantically involved.
Jared - Aide of King Barrett's. He and Luca might have something for each other.
Selene - First of ice and queen of the northern mountain kingdom of Pagos. She and Barrett are romantically involved.
Luca - Aide of Queen Selene. She and Jared might have something for each other.
Gwenn - First of storms. She is well versed in her powers, but does not begin to understand who she is. Was once a lizard.
Angel - First of nurturing and keeper of the only orphanage in the region. She is Milson's fiance'
Milson - Soldier of Pagos in close contact with the queen. He is currently stationed at the orphanage to keep an eye on troop movements.
Grimcleaver - Barbarian lord who has recently attacked Pagos and tried to frame Fotia. Was hired by another individual.
Mercy - Thokka dancer (magical dances) who travels with Grimcleaver's barbarian band. She is pacifist, and is trying to change Grimcleaver, or at least temper him.
Maverik - The Hunter. Not a first, but comparable in terms of power. He hunts and kills firsts, and has a pretty successful track record. Last seen leaving the world for a little while.
??? - The big bad. He is the one who hired Grimcleaver to attack Pagos. His identity and motive are still unknown, however, there are suspects.

The story so far, in summery:
Barrett and Selene both awoke "from comas" on the day that the previous monarch of each respective kingdom died. They know nothing of who they are. Jared and Luca know they are Firsts. A meeting is held in Eirini, a neutral city, at which both Barrett and Selene declare they want peace. Soon after is Barrett's birthday party. He invites Queen Selene. Gwynn is found by Jared while he is getting supplies for the celebration and, like a stray puppy, she tags alone back to the palace. She becomes friends with King Barrett, who is learning that he can do strange things with fire. Queen Selene is learning the same.
Queen Selene travels to Fotia with Milson. They stop in Eirini for the night and visit Angel. Selene and Angel feel like they know each other, because they are both Firsts.
Meanwhile, Gwynn and Jared are 'attacked' by Maverik, although he only talks to them before leaving.
Back in Pagos, Grimcleaver and his band attack the city. They kill a number of guardsmen, burn and pillage some of the houses before retreating. While they attacked, they flew the flags of Fotia.
The next day, Selene and Barrett enjoy the party, although they enjoy each other's company more. They leave the party to have an intimate moment. A rider from Pagos comes with news of the attack. After a heated exchange, Selene believes that Barrett was framed. They devise a plan to lure the traitor out of hiding. They pretend to be going to war. Selene leaves, and lets Milson stay at Angel's orphanage.
During the party, Angel is assaulted by a 'god-king' and has her true nature revealed. She begins to awaken.
Several days pass. During this time, the firsts all begin to refine their powers including learning about their teleportation. Barrett is called out by one of his detractors. He is forced to reveal his ruse, and the next day both king and queen publically reveal the ruse. Gwynn gets a dog.
Later that night, Grim and Mercy are traveling into the western glaciers. They stop and meet Angel and Milson. Mercy does some dishes. While there, they are recognized by another Pagos soldier.
Word gets passed on to Barrett and Selene. They, along with Gwynn, teleport themselves into the western glaciers, where, against most probability, they actually find Grim's camp. When they move to explore, however, they find the camp empty.

That about sums it up. Did I miss anything important?

Meteoro
06-23-2011, 04:48 PM
Thanks a lot for the heads up, Shadowseldil, I'm already thinking about creating a different character from the one I had in mind. I like this setting. Very CrossGenny, lol. I'll check the main thread when I get home and will check a few pages of what you've done so far.

I'm very excited :D

Quaxo9
06-23-2011, 05:11 PM
M! Good to see you! How are you dearheart?

Meteoro
06-23-2011, 08:11 PM
I'm good. I finally finished the graduation project and it's ready to be handed. FINALLY! I expect to get some of my life back, now, lol.

Meteoro
06-23-2011, 08:50 PM
I am still reading (I'm going to enjoy this ride, lol), but I think I will start introducing my character and his place in the meanwhile, following the setting already established. Not to cause any trouble to the ongoing storyline, I will "build" my own city. That way I can play as I continue reading.

Meteoro
06-24-2011, 06:07 PM
Didn't expect Luca to kill Alec! I really liked it :)

Sojourn
06-24-2011, 09:17 PM
I'm glad you liked it M and welcome back. :D

Shadow hit the plot points pretty well in Nero. Feel free to do what you want with your character's city. Selene and Barrett wouldn't even realize Airee exists but then most of what they know about Nero is from what other people told them.

Monkey Kitty
06-24-2011, 09:20 PM
Shadow hit the plot points pretty well in Nero. Feel free to do what you want with your character's city. Selene and Barrett wouldn't even realize Airee exists but then most of what they know about Nero is from what other people told them.

I doubt Gwynn would either. She spent most of her life so far as a lizard, so her knowledge of the human world is patchy.

Meteoro
06-24-2011, 09:20 PM
Thanks a lot, Jenny :). I kinda jumped into the game, but I also want to read what has happened so far, so I'm in no hurry. In my next post I will introduce my character and I will start blending him into the main story one step at a time.

Sojourn
06-24-2011, 09:24 PM
You're welcome. Can't what to see what character you have in mind. :)

Optimus Prime
06-24-2011, 09:29 PM
Welcome back M. :D

Jared's into history so he might know a little about Airee but he'd would think it's a legend or myth. He wouldn't see a point to tell Barrett about it since he's been advising Barrett on how to prevent future wars in Nero not "folklore."

Meteoro
06-24-2011, 09:41 PM
Yeah. The City of Airee is basically myth to everyone else. You might bring it in, but so far, no one outside of the city knows it really exists.

Sojourn
06-24-2011, 09:55 PM
Sounds good. The City of Airee could be part a fairy tale told to kids (especially told when the wars were going on, you know to give them an escape from the reality for a little while) and it'll be a shock to everyone in Nero if they someday learn that it is real. Although Selene and Barrett have no memories of their childhood so they wouldn't even know what the myth of Airee is about until Jared would tell them. Luca would think it was just a kids' story.

Shadowseldil
06-24-2011, 10:34 PM
Um... well, that's... interesting...

I doubt that Mercy would know about it. Grimcleaver would probably know the legends; he's pretty world-wise.

Thing is, though, Maverik probably would, simply because he's a god-killer from outer space (outer space compared to Nero), and if your character is a First, he's definitely going to take interest. In fact, he's currently headed back to the planet, although he probably won't make it to the surface for another day or two, so, depending on how events play out, he might be the first character your character meets.

The big bad may or may not know about it. One more thing about him that I plan on keeping secret.

Meteoro
06-25-2011, 12:09 AM
That sounds incredibly interesting, Shadow. Just give a moment to build a bit around my character and for me to move a bit forward in my reading. Your summary is great and I want to get to know your character a little more before interacting with them.

SilntAngl5
06-25-2011, 10:27 AM
Hey Shadow,

I just realized I didn't make up the 5 provinces. I'll get to work on that (any input would be valued... I figured it could be based on different typed of magik, sort of like the guilds in Mystic... which I don't recall their names except for the Djinn and Astral Guilds).

Meteoro
06-25-2011, 12:05 PM
Hey, Angel! Good to see you :)

And if I may add my imput on your suggestion-- (take me with a grain of salt because I'm barely getting acquainted with the setting). With the two main kingdoms I noticed that their most important characteristics, on one side extreme heat and on the other, extreme cold, it could somehow being translated into fire and ice. And you know, ice is also water. So, how about a four element setting? Somehow each power could be related to the energy of each kingdom. Fire for Fotia and water for Pagos. In a way it would work for the City of Airee, with it obviously being air.

Just a thought :)

Banshee
06-25-2011, 02:28 PM
Um, hello there!
I'm pretty new around here (obviously) and I apologize in advance if that's not where I should be posting, but I didn't find any other thread that seemed more appropriate. I've been reading around this section and it seems really interesting. I'd love it if I could pop in and if there is place for a newbie in your adventure I'd be more than happy to work on a character. Probably it will take a bit for me to read all the posts and get a grip of the story so far, so a briefing would be much appreciated. Again, sorry if I shouldn't be posting here and I hope I'll be able to join you.

Meteoro
06-25-2011, 02:32 PM
You just posted in the right place, Banshee :)
I just got back myself after quite a while back and I'm joining the Planet Nero storyline. Since they're making room for me, it would be easy to make some for you too :).

I'm reading through the thread and I kinda introduced the setting for my character already. So far, I've done on post, lol.

Shadowseldil did a summary for me in this post if you want to check it out: http://quarrelsandquills.com/showthread.php/1774-The-General-CGR-OOC-thread?p=178539&viewfull=1#post178539

So, make yourself comfortable, Banshee, and welcome to the forum :)

Banshee
06-25-2011, 02:52 PM
Thanks a lot for that! I think I might already have something in mind but I'll need to figure out a way to blend them in, if course everyone agrees. But it seems a great storyline and I've been looking for a board-based RP for so long..
P.S. all the greek names for the realm were kind of a surprise :D

SilntAngl5
06-25-2011, 03:30 PM
Welcome, Banshee! :)

Quaxo9
06-25-2011, 04:27 PM
Weebs Banshee! No, I'm not playing here...I'm just nosey. :P *waves*

Make yourself at home! :)

SilntAngl5
06-25-2011, 05:01 PM
*Duct tapes to RP* :sinister:

Meteoro
06-25-2011, 06:05 PM
It happens in waves. People starts dropping by all at once, lol.

Monkey Kitty
06-25-2011, 06:43 PM
Welcome, Banshee. Glad to have you join us! :D

Sojourn
06-25-2011, 07:09 PM
First off welcome to the boards Banshee. :)

And if I may add my imput on your suggestion-- (take me with a grain of salt because I'm barely getting acquainted with the setting). With the two main kingdoms I noticed that their most important characteristics, on one side extreme heat and on the other, extreme cold, it could somehow being translated into fire and ice. And you know, ice is also water. So, how about a four element setting? Somehow each power could be related to the energy of each kingdom. Fire for Fotia and water for Pagos. In a way it would work for the City of Airee, with it obviously being air.

Just a thought :)

Actually you almost hit the nail in the head M of how Corey and I came up with the names for the kingdoms. Barrett's the God of Fire and everything about him is associated with fire. Fotia is a word for fire in Greek. Selene's the Goddess of Ice and everything associated with her is ice related. Pagos is a word for ice in Greek. Nero in Greek means water and when Fire and Ice come together they create water. Eirini means peace in Greek and we thought it was fitting for that was built after Nero's last war as a neutral meeting ground. And the mountains it is near are called Mesos which means middle in Greek, since the area is in the middle of the two kingdoms. We went with Greek words since it seemed fitting since the Crossgen First were like Greek Gods. So anyway you can feel free to have the City of Airee to be associated with air. :)

Oh and I must say I'm pleasantly surprised how many people have showed interest in joining Nero's story line. Corey and I never expected it to take off like it did at over 60+ pages.

Optimus Prime
06-25-2011, 07:28 PM
Welcome Banshee.

And honestly I am surprised how big Nero's story line has gotten. It all started from an idea about fire and ice gods.

Monkey Kitty
06-25-2011, 09:16 PM
Let me know what Lizard Dog should find. ;)

Shadowseldil
06-25-2011, 11:06 PM
Okay, well, I'm working on a post here, but, if you would like, you can either have the trail lead back to Eirini, following the barbarian scent backward, or else, if you really want to track the bag guy so badly, the trail will lead to a shallow rocky cave, tall enough for someone to walk into, but having only enough depth for about five people to stand in it uncomfortably. It will be completely empty. No hidden doors, no other clues; completely empty.

Honor's Angel
06-26-2011, 08:24 AM
Welcome to the boards Banshee and welcome back M. :)

Angel and Milson are my characters in Nero, although I find that real life seems to get in my way at times and I don't post as often as I'd like.

Meteoro
06-26-2011, 12:26 PM
thanks a lot, Honor's Angel!
Jenn, it's good to know you've been using Greek names, I would have taken something different for Airee, lol.

Meteoro
06-26-2011, 08:01 PM
I'm introducing a character that will lead into my main character, lol. I just needed someone else to help me build his situation, lol.

Optimus Prime
06-26-2011, 10:30 PM
MK, Jen and I will leave it up to you which way you want Lizard Dog to go.

M I find I create a lot of characters to be a lead in to a main character. LOL.

Meteoro
06-26-2011, 11:56 PM
Yeah, I guess that's unavoidable :)
Anyway, I'm up to page 17 already. Most of the cast has already been established and I love the chemistry of the different characters. There's some great stuff in here :)

Monkey Kitty
06-27-2011, 12:14 AM
MK, Jen and I will leave it up to you which way you want Lizard Dog to go.

Choices are HARD! :P

I'll give it some thought. ;)

Meteoro
06-28-2011, 11:13 PM
I just reached page 33, as Pagos and Fotia go to pretend war and poor Angel is in shock as she realizes she's a First.
Shadowseldil is awesome at bringing in some antagonists.
Not to mention that I love this little reptilian girl. She reminds me of someone that I can't quite place yet, lol.

Anyway, tomorrow I will finally introduce my character. :)

Monkey Kitty
06-29-2011, 12:26 AM
Not to mention that I love this little reptilian girl.

Aw, thanks, I'm pleased! :)

She reminds me of someone that I can't quite place yet, lol.

I'm going to go out on a limb and guess... someone completely insane? ;)

Anyway, tomorrow I will finally introduce my character. :)

Yay!

Meteoro
06-29-2011, 10:11 AM
Hahaha, really, I can't quite place who am I reminded of with Gwynn, but it's quite an enjoyable character. Her view of the world around her is so fresh because, well, she hasn't been human for long, lol.

Sojourn
06-29-2011, 05:35 PM
Gwynn is so much fun. :)

And can't wait for you to introduce your character M.

Oh and Shadow, Selene and Barrett are so not going to listen to someone telling not to be together. Especially after what I have planned to happen in Pagos I don't think it will work well for Luca and Jared to attempt that. ;)

Optimus Prime
06-29-2011, 05:55 PM
Gwynn's great, there's no way Barrett could throw her out on the streets.

Looking forward to seeing what you have planned for your character M.

And yeah Barrett doesn't like being told what to do, so he isn't going to listen to Jared tell him not remain close with Selene.

Meteoro
06-29-2011, 06:00 PM
Well, there it is. My character, lol.

Shadowseldil
06-29-2011, 10:44 PM
That's okay. They might find it more readily believable after my next scene.

Mh mh ha ha ha ha ha; AH ha ha ha ha ha; AH HA HA HA HA!

Um...

Although, since I'm not the GM, I should probably ask permission first, but that would ruin the surprise...
I could just do it, and then edit it out if it is not approved...
What do you think?

Optimus Prime
06-30-2011, 08:17 PM
You got me curious, go ahead and post it. ;)

Although the more Jen and I think of it, Barrett and Selene's powers pretty much cancel each other out. If they were to get in a big fight and attacked each other, they would most likely create a flood. Fire melts ice after all.

Sojourn
06-30-2011, 08:18 PM
Yes feel free to post your idea Shadow.

Luca and Jared can "attempt" to do what the woman warned them about but Selene and Barrett aren't going to care what some mystery woman said.

Sojourn
06-30-2011, 08:50 PM
FYI: Niles isn't the traitor but he does believe that Coucilor Geoffers was right that Selene isn't acting in the best interests of Pagos because of her feelings for Barrett. So he decided to enact a law that would overthrow her. In his mind he is doing what is best for Pagos. Although in reality he's made things much worse.

Meteoro
07-01-2011, 02:05 PM
As I keep reading through the thread, I'm by page 37 now, I wanted to finally bring up front my character. Give me a little chance to make him interact with the main story, but for now, if you like, other Firsts might be able to get a soft sense of him. Something vague, but enough to make him being connected with the other Gods.

Sojourn
07-03-2011, 04:51 PM
Can't wait to see what you have planned for him M. :)

Corey and I are thinking that since Nero's thread is getting so large in size, we might close it to start a new one. Have the current thread be a part one (possibly title "Planet Nero: Rise of the Gods") and open a new thread to continue the story. Not sure what to call the new thread but it's an idea we wanted to run by the other players first. So what does everyone think?

Monkey Kitty
07-03-2011, 05:25 PM
Corey and I are thinking that since Nero's thread is getting so large in size, we might close it to start a new one. Have the current thread be a part one (possibly title "Planet Nero: Rise of the Gods") and open a new thread to continue the story. Not sure what to call the new thread but it's an idea we wanted to run by the other players first. So what does everyone think?

I think that's a good idea. It's much easier to go back and read if the threads stay a manageable size. :)

Meteoro
07-03-2011, 05:54 PM
If the current story is reaching into a natural ending, then it would make sense to start a "new book". If the story is still flowing, I think it might just complicate things a bit if someone wants to read the entire story. I'm still a little behind with my reading, I'm up to page 39 as we speak, so I really don't know how things are going, this is just my 2 cents :)

Meteoro
07-03-2011, 06:59 PM
Oh, I also have a question. I was checking this entire OOC thread and I noticed that Matts was leading the entire setting and approving planets and such, since he doesn't seem to be around, should I ask you guys about creating a new planet?

Prometeo (Gerald) wants back into the setting of Crossgen (it also helps him practice his English), but he has trouble following fast paced storylines, so, we agreed on creating a storyline for the two of us. Anyone could join, as long as it is kept slow paced :)

So, we already planned our main characters and the basics of the planet. What do we do?

Shadowseldil
07-03-2011, 07:10 PM
I'd say just post it.

It's become more of a community effort during Mattson's hiatus. Hence my over-arching story with the unnamed "god-king."

I'm in favour of splitting the thread into another part, if I may have the privilege of closing the act. What I have planned would be a good turning point in the story, I think. However, the prerequisite is that Barrett and Selene have to be separate from each other's presence. I plan on... well, let's keep that a secret for now. If you can find some reason to separate them, that would be great.

Optimus Prime
07-03-2011, 08:27 PM
I agree with Shadow, go ahead and create the world if you want M.

Barrett and Selene are actually separated right now. Both are in Fotia's palace but Gwynn is comforting Selene while Barrett is going to be talking to his army about the possibility of defending the kingdom against Pagos.

Sojourn
07-03-2011, 08:57 PM
I'm sure I'll enjoy reading the story you and Gerald will create. :)

Shadow Selene and Barrett can stay separated for a little while so you can post your surprise. Also Niles overthrew Selene but as soon as Lord Kenter returns he'll be the new ruler. Niles is only temporarily in charge.

Meteoro
07-03-2011, 10:41 PM
Thanks, guys :) I already started the new planet thread.

Shadowseldil
07-04-2011, 01:18 AM
Understood. I haven't time now, but I will do it the first opportunity I get.

Monkey Kitty
07-04-2011, 06:23 PM
Oh.

My.

:o

Shadowseldil
07-04-2011, 08:01 PM
Well, to be honest, it's a bit lackluster for me. I've been having a bit of writer's block.

Meteoro
07-04-2011, 11:20 PM
I am holding back to read that post yet, lol. I'm by page 45 as we speak and I'm enjoying everyone's storyline so far. I particularly like how Shadowseldil throws curve balls to everyone and makes things even more interesting.

Well. I'll see if I read a bit more, now.

Sojourn
07-05-2011, 10:06 AM
Love it Shadow. I promised Teddy we'd go swimming but I'll get the new thread up soon so the characters can start responding to what just happened. ;)

Sojourn
07-05-2011, 01:53 PM
Okay I got a new Nero thread up for us to post in. MK if you could be so kind to close the original thread I'd appreciate it. :)

Honor's Angel
07-05-2011, 04:05 PM
Great twist Shadow. After what Milson and Angel found out Grim did to Pagos, they aren't going to be as friendly this time.

BTW I think starting a new thread was a good idea.

Monkey Kitty
07-05-2011, 04:07 PM
Okay I got a new Nero thread up for us to post in. MK if you could be so kind to close the original thread I'd appreciate it. :)

No problem. 'Tis done. :)

Sojourn
07-05-2011, 04:43 PM
Thank you very much. :)

Monkey Kitty
07-06-2011, 08:12 PM
Just FYI, there's really nothing that can be done for Gwynn. She'll recover on her own once her body has time to adjust. :)

Optimus Prime
07-06-2011, 08:24 PM
Ah but everyone likes Gwynn so they'll still want to help her. ;)

Sojourn
07-06-2011, 08:50 PM
Yeah no one wants to see Gwynn in pain. Now is the question of how Selene will know what is happening in Pagos? Nevek is heading towards Eirini.

Optimus Prime
07-06-2011, 09:24 PM
MK since you said nothing could really be done for Gwynn, Jen and I just went with the assumption that the medic couldn't do anything for her. If needed, we can edit our posts.

Monkey Kitty
07-06-2011, 09:25 PM
MK since you said nothing could really be done for Gwynn, Jen and I just went with the assumption that the medic couldn't do anything for her. If needed, we can edit our posts.

That would be correct. No need for edits. :)

SilntAngl5
07-07-2011, 09:46 PM
Shadow - sorry for the informational post mid SL.... apparently I reached a character limit in my original post.... So I posted the provinces and their information and linked back to it in the main thread.

Sorry for the confusion...

SilntAngl5
07-08-2011, 10:14 AM
All the info I typed up REALLY makes me want to draw a map.... Would anyone be interested... in a map of their planet/kingdom/whatever they're RPing in....?

Meteoro
07-08-2011, 12:39 PM
I do love maps :) I'm actually creating one for the "Valle Noble" storyline, lol. Yesterday I posted it and I was just about to continue adding locations.

I found it fun that you just mentioned this. :)

SilntAngl5
07-08-2011, 12:44 PM
Two great minds think alike :)

Meteoro
07-08-2011, 01:16 PM
Hahaha! I'm honored :)

Monkey Kitty
07-08-2011, 02:08 PM
Maps are always fun. :)

Shadowseldil
07-08-2011, 03:11 PM
Hmm... I do like expensive atlases...

Honor's Angel
07-08-2011, 04:18 PM
I like maps. :)

Shadowseldil
07-08-2011, 05:24 PM
Just so you know, Grim would have insisted on paying for the horses. He currently has about 300 gold left on his person.

Honor's Angel
07-08-2011, 06:26 PM
She wouldn't have let him. ;)

SilntAngl5
07-08-2011, 09:41 PM
A map it is! I'll get on it. :)

SilntAngl5
07-09-2011, 04:42 PM
Shadow - I think I've got Tigers in to RP some more people. I'm going to work on two other's SLs that I'll be playing a little in the Emporium thread.

Sojourn
07-09-2011, 09:45 PM
I like Nalia's bio. Nice shout to Cao from the old CG stories Sil. :)

Tigers
07-10-2011, 10:20 AM
Sorry about the huge photo of Branwen......thought I had that fixed. :S
I'll take care of it when I get home and any other mistakes I find. LOL

SilntAngl5
07-10-2011, 09:35 PM
I like Nalia's bio. Nice shout to Cao from the old CG stories Sil. :)

*Bows* Made it a tad obvious, did I? ;)

Meteoro
07-10-2011, 10:32 PM
Sorry about the huge photo of Branwen......thought I had that fixed. :S
I'll take care of it when I get home and any other mistakes I find. LOL

Are you joining the new CG???? :D

I'll have to check tomorrow! Yayness! :D

SilntAngl5
07-11-2011, 09:51 PM
Shadow & Tigs - I'll post mini bios for the other guild leaders tomorrow. I'll get a post for Tig's intro into the SL done tomorrow too. I volunteered all day at Joplin Schools organizing a supply drive for the teachers here who lost everything. I am beat. Tomorrow won't be as bad, so I will post then. Sorry for the delay.

Shadowseldil
07-11-2011, 10:46 PM
That's okay. We have a long week of revival services at church, so I may or may not be around much this week.

Just so you know, Tigers, Maverik could make an appearance at any time during the story. He's my little chaos maker.

Qwaring's clone#1
07-18-2011, 01:09 PM
This Alain LeCavalier fellow seems oddly familiar.

Meteoro
07-18-2011, 02:13 PM
Yay!!!! Qwaring!!!!! :D

SilntAngl5
07-18-2011, 06:08 PM
This Alain LeCavalier fellow seems oddly familiar.

*BIG SMILE* Hi Q! I miss you so. Truly, truly, I do.

Alain should seem familiar... His name is taken straight from Mystic.... Actually, all the Guild heads are. :) Anything else is pure coincidence.

Qwaring's clone#1
07-18-2011, 08:59 PM
Hello, M and Sil.

Mattson
07-18-2011, 09:55 PM
I'm still around if people have questions, issues, etc. I've been working on a few other projects. If I don't respond to something with in a few days, drop me a PM and the e-mail notification will alert me.

Shadowseldil
07-18-2011, 10:35 PM
Mattson, you're alive! Corey told me you died in a tragic, yet spectacular, accident at the fireworks factory.

Meteoro
07-19-2011, 05:15 PM
Q and Matts! I want you both, guys, in the playing field. Why? I'm a very egotistical person :P

Mattson
07-19-2011, 05:38 PM
I live in Michigan, Shadow. Getting decent fireworks requires crossing state lines. So I can say that I don't get to meddle with fireworks nearly as much as I wish to.

M, I'm unsure how much time I can or should commit to this. I feel its the GMs job to not upstage the actors. And my attention span for PbP has been erratic at best.

SilntAngl5
07-19-2011, 06:18 PM
Come to MO, Mattsy! We've got fireworks GALORE here! Connecticut was like Michigan. I didn't know common folk could buy fireworks until I moved out here.

So darn awesome! I sent a paper lantern up into the air. Reminded me of Tangled :)

Shadowseldil
07-19-2011, 08:30 PM
Michigan? I was told it happened in Pakxe, Laos. I didn't ask why you were there; I figured I might live longer if I didn't know.

Optimus Prime
07-19-2011, 08:48 PM
Must have been his body double that died in the fireworks accident after all. ;)

Good to see you John and you too Q.

Sojourn
07-19-2011, 08:51 PM
It's great to see you you both John and Q. You guys should visit more often. :)

Qwaring's clone#1
07-19-2011, 10:23 PM
Q and Matts! I want you both, guys, in the playing field. Why? I'm a very egotistical person :P
Okay. You talked me into it. I'll try to think up an idea or two for a character or where to start.

Meteoro
07-19-2011, 11:19 PM
That's awesome news, Q. It's been years, I think, since we last roleplayed! I can't wait to see what you come up with :)

Matts, well, at least I'm glad you're around. I've been doing some very slow read of the Nero thread and when I catch up, I'll continue to introduce my character (it has taken ages, lol). Work has been crazy, and as a little reward for finally finishing studying, we got a PS3 at home, so, between killing zombies, I'm still trying to catch up, lol.

SilntAngl5
07-20-2011, 10:52 PM
Okay. You talked me into it. I'll try to think up an idea or two for a character or where to start.

:woot::excited::excited::excited::hug3::angel2::ch eerleader: *Explodes*

SilntAngl5
07-26-2011, 09:29 PM
Shadow/Tigs - Put up some mini bios for the Guild Masters of Emporium! I'll try to add short histories for each when I have time.

Meteoro
07-27-2011, 07:36 PM
Is anyone else having trouble with the post box? 0.0

SilntAngl5
07-28-2011, 05:50 PM
Mine's not the right color... it's white and gray!

Tigers
07-28-2011, 06:06 PM
Mine has been too. They're doing upgrades or something I think.

Optimus Prime
07-28-2011, 08:18 PM
Jen and I get the same thing too.

Qwaring's clone#1
07-30-2011, 12:56 AM
Cloney just crash-landed on Emprorium. A lethal battle was fought. Some stuff got blown up. A character died. And Scraps, the Poodle of Mystery, was introduced.

Y'know, just another tame entrance for Cloney. It might take a while for me to get back into the habit of writing something strange and exciting for the clone.

Sojourn
07-30-2011, 09:20 AM
Yay! Cloney is back. :lol:

SilntAngl5
07-30-2011, 09:21 AM
Heaven help us. *Dies laughing*

Optimus Prime
07-30-2011, 09:59 AM
This tempts me to bring a dragon or two in to stalk "The Giant Orange".

SilntAngl5
07-31-2011, 05:29 PM
There are dragons in the unsettled lands to the North of one of the provinces.... Just sayin'. ;)

SilntAngl5
07-31-2011, 05:39 PM
LOL, Q. What on Earth is that dog speaking? It looks like German and then...polish, Hungarian... Czech...? And Latin?

LOVE IT.

Qwaring's clone#1
07-31-2011, 06:58 PM
I wanted Scraps to speak in Klingon, but I couldn't find a decent translator online. So I'm taking his dialogue and running it through a google translator three or four times using random languages. I'm ending up with jibberish in random languages.

I'm not sure what that means for the character. Maybe the voice is just in Cloney's head. Or Scraps is speaking though a broken translation device or spell. Or maybe Scraps is an alien, or a pixie.

All I know for sure is that he's a dog of mystery. Whatever that means.

Monkey Kitty
07-31-2011, 07:17 PM
All I know for sure is that he's a dog of mystery. Whatever that means.

He and Lizard Dog should be friends! :D

(Although Lizard Dog is just a regular dog, so he'd probably be more baffled by this than anyone else. :P)

Qwaring's clone#1
07-31-2011, 07:26 PM
He and Lizard Dog should be friends! :D

(Although Lizard Dog is just a regular dog, so he'd probably be more baffled by this than anyone else. :P)
Sure. I think Scraps could use a friend.

It's a shame Lizard Dog isn't an actual lizard-dog, Cloney gets along with lizard-things. His lawyer is a member of a lizard race called Saurians.

I miss Saurian Lawyer. He ate his enemies alive in the courtroom. Literally. He ate people.

Monkey Kitty
07-31-2011, 07:32 PM
Sure. I think Scraps could use a friend.

It's a shame Lizard Dog isn't an actual lizard-dog, Cloney gets along with lizard-things. His lawyer is a member of a lizard race called Saurians.

I miss Saurian Lawyer. He ate his enemies alive in the courtroom. Literally. He ate people.

Hehehe!

Yeah, Lizard Dog is just named after lizards, because Gwynn understood that it's normal to name things after other things, but missed some of the nuances of how the concept is generally applied. ;)

Alas, Lizard Dog is in no way a lizard. :P

Optimus Prime
07-31-2011, 09:32 PM
There are dragons in the unsettled lands to the North of one of the provinces.... Just sayin'. ;)

Hmmm...:whistle:

I think Lizard Dog and Scraps meeting would be very interesting.

Sojourn
07-31-2011, 09:33 PM
Loving Scraps as well. :D