PDA

View Full Version : IC Dragons Haven

Mrs_Lt_Emerson
09-01-2011, 01:12 AM
Keria walked down to the lake, were 2 dragons were waiting; Meka and her drakling, Bane. Bane had been hurt while trying to fly to soon. Keria sat down next to Bane, taking his foot in her hand. He had broken it by falling about 100 feet out of the air.

{Now you silly creature you'll have to stay of this paw for a few weeks. It is almost complety healed. You make sure he stayes off it now Meka} Keria said to the dragons. [Yes Lady he'll stay off the paw. Thank you Lady] Meka replyed for both dragons, then the pair flew off, mother scolding child the whole time.
Two of draklings were flying to the lake. They cerciled above before landing, but then they saw a person and froze. The draklings were Nore and Figwin. They were curois, yet they had been warned not to trust any human at first glance. Suddenly they turned their long necks and listened for a seconed then took off. They called to their mothers to join them.

"Keria, how's the little drakling?"James said as he and danny Daney, her cosins,said as they came walking up and each huged her.
"He'll live from the break, but I dont know if he'll live through Meka's scolding. I think I'd rather take her fire than ther toung some times" Keria said as the boys chuckeled. "How have y'all been doing"
"We're good. Went hunting a little bit ago" Daney said trying not to grin.
"Tent life is agreeing with them" Andrew Maclean said, James and Daney's father said as he walked over to join them. He was Keria's uncle, her father's younder brother.
"Camping's not so bad" Keria said with a smile. The small group were on their way to investagate rumors of a child who could hear the birds talk, and call them to come eat from his/her hand. Birds being close kin to dragons, usually were attracted to young Sayers.

Keria had finally caught up with the others, a small band for 4 royals, but they had the Dragons helping to protect them, there were only 50 people in the camp with 35 of those people being guards. They're 5 days journey from Castle Haven, and have another 5 days to go before reaching the village where the child they're going to find is. Right now they're traveling through forest Silverwood.

Ellesar
09-01-2011, 01:47 AM
Lanai hummed softly to herself as she wandered around the forest just outside of the village where she begged for coins or scraps of food.

The forest had grown to be her favorite place since it gave her a safe haven to get away from the people who insisted on badgering her. Ever since she had left the orphanage a couple of weeks prior, she was almost constantly harassed by the townspeople, wanting the little girl to get out of their town since they said that she didn't belong.

As a result, she spent as much time as possible in the woods, trying to find the courage to move there permanently. Sitting under one of the trees, she had found some seeds and berries in a nearby bush and called a few of the birds to her and she smiled slightly as the birds ate the seeds from her hands.

Lairston
09-01-2011, 09:43 PM
Bellin frowned as he was walking the path toward the village where he picked up supplies he couldn't get in the woods. He heard an incessant hum that was driving him bonkers. He scowled. He wanted the woods to himself.

He was even moreso annoyed when he saw her eating his berries. His because he considered the area to be all his. He growled to himself. But he wasn't going to confront her. He didn't trust anyone so he took a wide berth to avoid the girl altogether.

Unfortunately his sleeve got caught on a thorny bush and he got annoyed and began to yank on it and it ripped his sleeve. He growled and thought it was the girl's fault for being in his woods.

"Stupid thornbush..." he growled and zapped it with some magic that made the thorns fall to the ground.

Ellesar
09-01-2011, 10:47 PM
Lanai frowned when she heard Bellin stomping through the woods and she idly wondered to herself why he couldn't learn to walk more quietly.

She had seen him multiple times and only shook her head, especially when her bird friends flew up into the trees. Sighing softly to herself, she tossed the rest of the seeds into the underbrush and then finished her berries before standing up and starting to pick some more as she completely ignored Bellin.

Mrs_Lt_Emerson
09-02-2011, 12:34 AM
No one had ever been attacked in the Silverwood before, so every one was very relaxed, as they sat around eating their dinner. Armor had been laid aside, and their weapons were put up in the tents. There was no known need for the men to be armed till night fall. Keria and her family dined on the deer Daney had managed to take down. During the meal the forest had gone quite. Eerily so. The dragons had reluctantly left to go hunting on their own as well, not happy with leaving the group of humans so unprotected, and Keria sensed their unease. Some thing was up but she couldn't tell what. The birds wouldn't come close enough to for Keria to get a good feel of what was going on. Out of know where a flurry of arrows rained down on the small group. Many of the guards we're hit. Daney took a an arrow to the shoulder, while James fell back on the ground, an arrow sticking out of his chest in the place his heart would be. Andrew had grabbed Keria and pulled her under himself shielding her. Andrew took an arrow in the leg. The camp was reduced to utter chaos, as men scrambled to get to their weapons and armor. Many had been critically wounded, and several were already dead. As Andrew stood and pulled Keria to her feet, she saw James laying dead on the ground. Keria wanted to scream but she couldn't. At that same time they remaining group was attacked buy a large group of men on foot. THe few guards that reached their weapons started to defend against their attackers, while the one's with out were cut down.

Keria looked around and found Daney emerging fron their tents holding swords and calling out to his father. Andrew rushed and took a sheild and sword from his son.
"Keria call the dragons, Daney take her and get as far away as you can" Andrew said before joining his men.

{MEEKKAA!!!!} she called out to her dragons. [On our way Little One, meet us at the lake] Meka replayed. The dragons had flown a great distance off inorder to find a good meal for themselves.
"Come keria" Daney said as they started off in the direction if the lake almost unnoticed. Almost. 2 of the attacking "bandits" had followed them to the lake. But they had no intentions of doing harm to the girl and boy. Their orders had been to find them, and take them captive, or follow them if they were unable to do so.

"What was that?!" Keria asked/screamed. "We're supposed to be safe in Silverwood! NO ONE's ever been attacked by any bandits of any kind before!"
"I dont know Keria" was all Daney would say. He winced as he moved his left arm a little. He had broken the shaft of the arrow in half and was attempting to pull it out. They could hear the fighting in the distance.
"Here let me" Keria said, her hands trembling. She send a little wave of magic down the arrow to stop the pain and bleeding as she tried to yank the arrow out. "Thankfully your cousin is a healer, huh?"
It took a bit of tuggin but the arrow finally came out. Keria noticed the sounds of fighting had almost ceased by then.

Large shadows had appeared over the camp, a little after Keria and Daney had left. The adult dragons descended upon the remaining "bandits" and made short work of them. They send the draklings ahead to the Lake to meet up with Keria and Daney.
[Take the younglings and go on ahead we'll clean this up Little One.. You dont need to see this mess] Meka told Keria.
{What about Uncle? Meka what's going on?} Keria asked.
[NOT NOW KERIA. GET GOING] Meka said more forcefully than ever before.

"Keria whats going on? Was it Meka or one of the others?" Daney asked when his cousin had gone quiet.
"Yes. She said to wait on the younglings then get going on to the town fast as we can" Keria said
"What about father?"
"She didnt say. Just that they would meet up with us later" Keria replied. She finished wrapping his shoulder in the strips on cloth she had torn from her skirt. 'This is why I wear skirts some times. They come in handy' She thought.
"We need to get you to a more skilled healer" she said as she finished. Daney winced slightly as she knotted the strips in place and put a sling over his head to hold his arm. They didnt have to wait long for the draklings to catch up. When they did, the 6 of them set off in the general direction of the town they had been heading to in the first place. Daney and Keria were quiet and somber, worried, as they walked, and the drakings flew above.

Lairston
09-02-2011, 10:40 PM
Bellin was annoyed now with his ripped sleeve. He paused and looked back at the girl who had caused him to go out of his way.

He saw that she was picking more berries and that was to much for him. He stalked over and said, "How mamy berries are you intending to take?"

He shook his head.

Ellesar
09-02-2011, 11:59 PM
"As many as I need." Lanai replied calmly as she continued to pick berries and refused to even look over at Bellin.

"Anyway, they don't belong to you so it really isn't any of your concern."

Lairston
09-03-2011, 12:17 AM
Bellin's face grew dark with anger and he shook his head. Finally he just balled his fists and growled, "What makes you think they're not mine?"

"I live here! Where did you come from?"

Ellesar
09-03-2011, 12:31 AM
"So what?" Lanai retorted as she glared at Bellin and popped a berry into her mouth.

"You don't own the forest. I can pick berries if I want to."

She deliberately avoided answering his question and then returned to picking berries and wondering where she could go.

Lairston
09-03-2011, 12:58 AM
Bellin growled, "Why don't I own the forest? I've lived here for several years."

"And I haven't seen you here before."

He frowned, "I ask again. Where did you come from?"

Ellesar
09-04-2011, 02:41 PM
"So what?" Lanai retorted.

"No one owns the forest."

She shook her head and then said, "Where I come from isn't any of your business."

Lairston
09-04-2011, 06:34 PM
Bellin huffed at her and said, "You have a lousy attitude."

"Someone should help change it."

He frowned at her.

"And if you keep it up, I might just do it."

Ellesar
09-04-2011, 08:13 PM
Lanai only rolled her eyes and took what berries she had already picked and started to walk off, heading toward the village to see if she could do something with the berries.

Lairston
09-04-2011, 08:36 PM
Bellin frowned, "Hey are you going to pay for those?"

"They are mine after all."

He followed after her.

Mrs_Lt_Emerson
09-04-2011, 11:39 PM
Keria and Daney had been walking for a day or 2 when they finally heard some voices near by. The draklings had wondered a bit ahead and were the first to spot Bellin and Lanai, as they flew above the forest. They quickly alerted Keria that there were 2 humans up ahead.

Meka had been updating Keria every few hours since they parted company. Meka and the other adult dragons had reached the battle and dispatched the remaining attackers and gathered up the few remaining wounded and took them back to Castle Haven. Andrew had received multiple wounds, all severe, and the Healers even with their extensive knowledge were fearful for his survival. Meka and the other dragons would catch up with Keria and the draklings in a few days.

Ellesar
09-05-2011, 11:31 PM
"I'm not going to." Lanai said, shaking her head as she started to eat the berries.

"You don't own the forest."

She thought she heard something fly overhead and looked up just in time to see the tail end of an animal fly across an opening in the trees.

Shrugging slightly to herself, she finished her berries and then got some seeds again before settling down under a nearby tree and calling the birds to her.

Lairston
09-05-2011, 11:54 PM
Bellin frowned at Lanai and shook his head, "Fine... eat the berries."

He jumped when the shadow flew over him and looked up. "What was that?" he asked.

He stepped back looking up trying to see through the trees.

"I can't see it."

He looked at the girl call the birds and raised an eyebrow. "How do you do that?"

Mrs_Lt_Emerson
09-06-2011, 12:09 AM
Nore slowly circled the area she had seen the two other humans. She was drawn to the smaller one. She noticed how the birds flocked to the girl, and listened to the chatter between the song birds. Clearly they trusted the girl. Nore couldnt shake the odd feeling as she circled above. Fin, and Bane noticed how Nore was acting and wondered what was up.

{Nore? What is it?} Keria asked. She also had noticed a change in Nore and was curious as to what was up.
Lanai said.
{Try and get a closer look. Fin you and Bane need to hang back sos not to scare any one. We'll be there in a sec} Keria said to the three draklings.

Keria and Daney had taken an hour or so to rest as the draklings had wondered around a bit.
"Daney stay here, I need to check some thing out" Keria told her cousin. He wasnt looking so great. Bone tired, and worry had stressed both of them out. They needed a good meal, a bath and a full nights rest. Which hopefully they would soon get.
She made her way up through the woods, quietly as she could till she saw the two other humans up ahead. Or rather, one look to be a fullblood Elf and the other might be half. Keria couldnt tell from this distance. She did notice how the birds gathered around Lanai.[I]
'THis might be the girl we're looking for..I sure hope so' she thought.

Nore looked for a good spot to land, so she wouldn't land on the girl, or the other human...elf what ever the two legger was.

Ellesar
09-06-2011, 07:30 PM
Lanai was completely oblivious to the fact that she was being watched, although she couldn't help the feeling that there was someone special around.

After feeding the birds the seeds, she looked around the small clearing before standing up and walking over to a nearby stream to get something to drink.

Mrs_Lt_Emerson
09-06-2011, 10:16 PM
((internet is not wanting to work right now -__-"))

Nore watched as the girl walked to a stream in a clearing. The clearing was large enough for all three draklings and maybe even a few adult dragons, so Nore decided to try a landing. Hopefully she wouldnt spook the girl too much.

Keria was still a bit behind wondering if the elf would follow the girl off into what appeared to be a near by clearing.

Lairston
09-07-2011, 05:39 PM
Bellin frowned when Lanai ignored him and glared after the girl. "You know it is rude to ignore someone he snapped."

He shook his head, "No wonder I don't try to do anything with people."

He had forgotten about something flying overhead and was just annoyed as he entered the clearing.

Mrs_Lt_Emerson
09-07-2011, 06:47 PM
"Wait how did you se...Oh never mind..." Keria said, muttering some thing about elves under her breath as she came the the rest of the way out of the woods and followed the elf into the clearing.

Lairston
09-07-2011, 10:58 PM
Bellin turned and stared at Keria and asked, "Who are you?"

"Are you a friend of this hooligan?"

He scowled. "Like there's not enough berry robbing pickers around here."

Mrs_Lt_Emerson
09-08-2011, 11:20 AM
"Did you chase her all the way out here because she picked or took some thing from your land? You're a good bit from any farm or the city. Why on earth would you chase the girl this far?" Keria said as she stood a few feet behind he elf at the edge up the clearing. She felt a rush of wind a moment later and looked up. Nore was attemptin to land next to the stream.

Lairston
09-08-2011, 04:00 PM
Bellin eyed Kiera for a second and then informed her, "I live here in the woods. I left home as a youngster and found it better to just stay out here away from others then to live in the town."

He shrugged, "Some weren't very accepting of my abilities."

He turned when he felt the breeze against the back of his head and gasped as Nore was attempting to land. "A dragon!" Not realizing Nore was a drakling rather then full grown.

Mrs_Lt_Emerson
09-08-2011, 05:47 PM
"So that's why you're having a fit over the girl picking berries in Silverwood? Because you were picked on and left your village? Interesting...." Keria said to Bellin. "And she actually a drakling. The don't recive the title of Dragon till they reach around 85 to 100 years old. {Nore hurry up and land. Nothings under you. Its safe}" she added speaking both out loud and to the drakling. Keria then went and founs a spot to sit down near where Nore had finally settled on the ground. "You can call her Nore, she's a sweet heart really" Keria said as she patted the draklings garnet colored curlled tail. {Bane and Finwig, there's enough room for you two to land as well. Come join us} Keria said to the other two that were waiting patiently near by in the sky. An emerald green drakling shimmered in the light like a gem stone as he landed near Nore. Fin touched snouts with his sister in greating.

"What are your abilities any ways, elf? And what are your names" Keria asked both the elf and the girl. "She obviously has the gift of a Sayer, but what of you? I've know many a Mage, and Healer, and cheap tricksters. So tell me, elf, what is it you do??"

[I'm going to check on Danney. I'll be back with him if its safe] the largest of all the draklings said. Bane and Danney were not bonded but they has a close friendship. The teal green drakling flew off back the way Keria had come.

Ellesar
09-08-2011, 07:23 PM
Lanai continued to just ignore Bellin as she got a drink of water.

When Nore landed behind her, she gasped in surprise and fell into the stream and then just sat there and stared up at Nore in shock.

"I knew that the stories were true." she whispered as she grinned up at the drakling.

She looked over at Keria shyly and then said softly, "My name's Lanai."

Mrs_Lt_Emerson
09-08-2011, 08:30 PM
"My Name is Kerianna Alastair, you can call me Keria. My cousin Daney is off in the woods a bit with one other drakling called Bane. This one here is Fin, Nore's brother. Their parents are back at my home, waiting to see if my uncle, Daney's father will live.... We were attacked a few days ago" Keria said with a frown.
{Go ahead and bring Daney around, Bane}
[Yes Lady. Be there in a few minutes]

Nore looked the girl over siting in the water. She made what could only be called a chuckle if a dragon could chuckle.
[Here little one, let me help you up] Nore said to the girl hoping she heard. Nore leaned her head down and put her nose on Lanai's head.

Ellesar
09-08-2011, 08:59 PM
Lanai only smiled shyly at Keria when she introduced herself.

She gasped slightly when she heard Nore speak to her and only looked up at the drakling in surprise.

She continued to sit there for several minutes before she tentatively reached up and wrapped her arms around Nore's neck.

Mrs_Lt_Emerson
09-08-2011, 11:50 PM
((When do you want Nore, elle?))

Nore lifted Lanai up out of the stream and sat her on the dry grass near by and laid down next to the girl.

Lairston
09-09-2011, 08:18 PM
After a few minutes of being amazed at being in dragon's presence, Bellin replied meekly, "I am Bellin."

He paused and studied Keria and after a few minutes of internal debate because he didn't like telling others about himself, he finally said, "I am a mage. I can use herbs and words to cast spells. It takes a lot out of me to do though."

He frowned when she mentioned being attacked and asked, "Why were you attacked?"

Mrs_Lt_Emerson
09-11-2011, 11:08 AM
"I dont really know. If I did we wouldnt be standing here now. Silverwood is a protected safe haven, its supposed to be neutral ground any attack will be punished upon royal decree" Keria said. She was rather uneasy hearing the elf, hearing Bellin was a Mage.
"We where on our way to find... I'm guessing you" Keria said turning towards Lanai.

Ellesar
09-11-2011, 11:42 AM
Lanai had been busy looking over Nore, still amazed that she could hear the dragon.

When Keria looked over at her, she looked over at Keria in surprise and asked, "Me? Why me?"

Mrs_Lt_Emerson
09-13-2011, 07:20 AM
[Because of this.. because of the birds. Because we thought you might be one of the ones who can hear us] Nore told lanai. By this time Bane and reached Daney and the two were on their way to join the others. Keria listened in when Nore was talking Lanai.
"You're aparently a Sayer. A Dragon-Sayer to be more exact. You can hear Nore and talk to her like you would a person. Maybe eventually you'll learn to talk to the other dragons as well" Keria said.

Ellesar
09-13-2011, 07:22 PM
"Is it hard to learn?" Lanai asked with a slight frown as she looked over at Keria again and wrapped her arms around Nore's neck, already forming an attachment to the drakling.

"And what do Sayers do?"

Lairston
09-21-2011, 10:08 PM
Bellen turned and stared and Lanai when she announced that they had been searching for her. He frowned slightly and couldn't understand why.

But he guessed the reasoning was sound with the way she could control the birds. It was pretty uncanny how she could do that.

Mrs_Lt_Emerson
09-25-2011, 11:18 PM
"Right now Sayers are acting more as ambassadors. But we have hear rumors, coming from the elder dragons in the last few weeks that there might be a problem brewing with another group of dragons. We're recruiting and teaching as many Sayers as we can find for now" Keria said.

Lairston
10-18-2011, 10:24 AM
Bellen listened to her and swallowed, "That doesn't sound good at all. It sounds like you need a lot of Sayers then."

He then asked her, "And how many Sayers have you been able to recruit?"