PDA

View Full Version : An Apology and an explanation of my absence.

Shuya
11-06-2004, 05:05 AM
Hello there.

Some of you may have noticed that I haven't been online for a comparative while, and I will now explain to you why.

Firstly, the computer in my house in Bristol is down. There's not much I can do about that. I think its viruses. Anyway, thats the place where I log on during the weekends.

Secondly, I was shocked to discover that my University internet account has been shut down. When I enquired as to why this was, they told me that they had monitored my account being accessed and used to browse sites with "innapropriate content".

Quite frankly, I was enraged. Firstly, I don't use "those sites", and secondly, I sure as HELL am not stupid enough to use my heavily monitored University account to look at them. What I assume has happened is that someone has gained access to my account and played silly buggers. Unfortunately, there is no way I can prove this.

So now, the only time I can access the net is at my saturday job, for about five minutes at a time, which I am using to let you people know the score. I hope my lack of postage hasn't held up too many storylines, and please feel free to manipulate any character's actions in order to drive things forward.

I will be back online when the I.T. department decides to restore my connection.

Take care, people.

Shuya.

Millennium
11-06-2004, 07:44 AM
No prob, Shuya. *Was wondering where ya got to, but I'm just glad you're alright. *Hang in there man. *We'll move Kamikaze around for you until you can resume normal posting. *Take care. 8)

Tigers
11-06-2004, 07:53 AM
Ditto here as well Shuya! Sprouse is on vacation as well right now, so no biggie! ;)

SilntAngl5
11-06-2004, 10:05 AM
Firstly, the computer in my house in Bristol is down..

Bristol.. Connecticut!?

And posh to the rest, Shuya. Unis... ugh. Hope it all gets straightened out soon!

Quaxo9
11-06-2004, 12:03 PM
No kidding! That's nuts, Shu! I believe you've been missed, but not to the point of you being tomatoed when you return! Hope that mess gets ironed out soon! :thumbup:

Daveosaurus
11-06-2004, 12:21 PM
* kicks Shuya's varsity's IT department *

Some of the automatic inappropriate content filtering software is rather ludicrous in what it blocks. We have something like that at work. I'm continually telling the computer boffin to readjust it so it will (for example) let me look up the yellow-pages on-line when I need to find an up to date customer address...

Anyway we'll be here when you get back. Attacks of the real-world blues hit everyone now and again.

(Steph... I'm almost certain he's in Bristol, Avon, England)

kulit
11-06-2004, 12:29 PM
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

:'( :'( :'(

M&S will kick your butt once you get back. :p Kidding. :twisted: Take care! See yah!

And Dave, talk about silly filtering. My school account won't let me view search results for "Teen Titans". :lol: :lol: :lol:

k dogg 777777
11-06-2004, 01:33 PM
ugh, that sucks.

Meteoro
11-08-2004, 06:05 AM
I was wondering where you went... *:? *Oh, well, let's hope you can solve your problem at the University.

Best of lucks!

8) M 8)

Qwaring
11-08-2004, 07:02 AM
And Dave, talk about silly filtering. My school account won't let me view search results for "Teen Titans". :lol: :lol: :lol:
Those degenerate Teen Titans. :roll:

Cao
11-08-2004, 09:46 AM

Aw.

I was hoping. So few Connecticututians are on these boards. I believe there's a whopping 3 of us. GO US!

Daveosaurus
11-08-2004, 10:48 AM

Aw.

I was hoping. So few Connecticututians are on these boards. I believe there's a whopping 3 of us. GO US!

That counts as a lot of you. There's a grand total of one (1) New Zealander here. At least until we conquer the West Island... *:twisted:

Chaos
11-08-2004, 10:59 AM
Well, the sum of Latinoamericans on the boards is up to 2, counting Prometeo, but since he's my boyfriend, I don't even know if that couts. *:P

8) M 8)

SilntAngl5
11-08-2004, 12:57 PM
LOL. Alright boys I get the picture!

You know... we should make a chart of all this. Who's from where and what country. it'd be kind of neat, I think.

Feabie
11-08-2004, 01:04 PM
Yay! *And we could ask Kulit to do a Global Tree or something!

:thumleft: M :thumleft:

Quaxo9
11-08-2004, 02:13 PM
LOL - I think kulit will shoot you for that one, M! :rofl:

And there are 4 Canadians on the boards. For such a massive country, that's kind of strange....oh yeah, that's right - no one lives in most of it! :P

Chaos
11-08-2004, 02:30 PM
LOL - I think kulit will shoot you for that one, M! :rofl:

I'm innocent, I swear! *:shocked:

o:) M o:)