PDA

View Full Version : Crazy idea . . . perhaps not?

Bard
03-10-2005, 02:48 PM
Sigh, no thanks to my hubby's graveyard work schedule (and a disenchantment with anything CG) our "Dawning" SL went dead in the water. *Didn't know if any of the old timers were interested in playing around with their respective origin stories? *In our case, it was What really happened to Negs and Bard on Hoth?

Perhaps it's time to open it up for others to delve into their own respective origins during the early years of the First existance? *Like what did baby Sil do during her abandoned secundae/baby years? *Or what was MC like as a Secundae? *How did Tigers get her furry tail!? *:p *;)

Anyway, it's an idea that probably a very bad little Bard shouldn't have horded. * :oops:

Tigers
03-10-2005, 03:16 PM
:shock: *You weren't suppose to mention that!! EVER!!! GAH! :P

LOL- Hey, I've been kicking around the idea of several back SL's for Tigs, why not go this far. ;)

Sprouse001
03-10-2005, 03:20 PM
Tiger's has a tail?

Tigers
03-10-2005, 03:22 PM
All Tigers have tails. ;)

ROFL

Sprouse001
03-10-2005, 03:49 PM
and a cute tail it is. :wub:

MystikChronicler
03-10-2005, 04:10 PM
Bard are you psychic?

I have had in mind a story for MC that does just what you are proposing. *I'm actually not sure whether you're a human playing the role of a god or a god playing the role of a human. *Don't hurt me *whimper* :-P

Bard
03-10-2005, 04:32 PM
Chuckle. I've been told I have strong empathy, MC. Maybe I'm Deanna Troy's great-great non Betazoid ancestor? :lol:

Here's what I'd started with N before he got sidetracked: The Dawning (http://www.crossgen.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=5494) I am quite open to bringing it over here and turn it into a general origin thread on the beginning of our universe. 8) *I always thought several of you probably had cool origin stories on the back burner somewhere. * :whistle:

MystikChronicler
03-10-2005, 04:38 PM
I can't wait to read that. *It also reminds me of a fic piece that I did for me and Nikki about our origin. *I need to dust that off and use it. *Thanks, Bard, I like your idea.

MystikChronicler
03-10-2005, 04:48 PM
and a cute tail it is. :wub:

Picks up sprouse by the ear. *"Are you flirting with my unavailabe daughter, son?"

Sprouse001
03-11-2005, 03:01 PM
yes sir i am. is she available?

MystikChronicler
03-11-2005, 03:08 PM
*Pulls out a giant Q-Tip* "Clean out your ears, son. *I just told you that she is VERY un- available. Don't make me have to hurt you." *Puffs up his chest*

Meteoro
03-11-2005, 05:02 PM
It was nice to pay a quick visit to the old CG *forum ;). *Ohhhhh, the memories...

I'm not very good at telling stories in the past, besides, Meteoro's origin I think is pretty clear. *But I think it is a nice shot to reexplore what it was like for your characters.

:cool1: M :cool1:

Bard
03-11-2005, 07:58 PM
It was nice to pay a quick visit to the old CG forum ;). Ohhhhh, the memories...

I'm not very good at telling stories in the past, besides, Meteoro's origin I think is pretty clear. But I think it is a nice shot to reexplore what it was like for your characters.

LoL *How about finishing that SL you had with your first son. *Did you ever find his beaker--uh, I mean, his mother? *:lol:

Vampyre Lestat
03-11-2005, 09:24 PM
Id love to participate...but there are certain aspects of Lestat's firstly origin that I'd like to retcon...which probab wouldn't work with what you have going.

Ala
03-11-2005, 09:26 PM
Retcons, who are we DC?!? :)

Vampyre Lestat
03-11-2005, 09:28 PM
Weren't you nominated for a Retcon award??? *HMMMMMMM?

MystikChronicler
03-11-2005, 10:12 PM
:rofl:I guess that makes ME DC.:rofl:

Vampyre Lestat
03-11-2005, 10:24 PM
Psssst...Retcon is an Comic book industry term...not just a DC term.

;)

Daveosaurus
03-11-2005, 10:34 PM

* looks at username *

DMC, looks more like.

I seem to remember something about a duet with Aerosmith...

MystikChronicler
03-11-2005, 10:42 PM
Psssst...Retcon is an Comic book industry term...not just a DC term.

;)

PSST.. Yeah, I know, I was just making fun of the Distinguiched Characters that get retconned at Da Company.

MystikChronicler
03-11-2005, 10:43 PM

* looks at username *

DMC, looks more like.

I seem to remember something about a duet with Aerosmith...

Yeah, they taught me how to "Walk this way," and "Talk this way"

Sprouse001
03-12-2005, 01:24 AM
posted by Dark MC

*Pulls out a giant Q-Tip* "Clean out your ears, son. *I just told you that she is VERY un- available. Don't make me have to hurt you." *Puffs up his chest*

but....but i need a girlfriend. i'm not married and im single.

OH TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!! will you be my girlfriend?[/code]

Bard
03-12-2005, 07:24 AM
Id love to participate...but there are certain aspects of Lestat's firstly origin that I'd like to retcon...which probab wouldn't work with what you have going.

It might, we can always have room for a "Crisis of Inifinite Firsts." *A lot of us has had to change our origins somewhat over the course of time. *8)

MystikChronicler
03-12-2005, 12:47 PM
Oooh, I like that idea of a "Crisis of Infinite Firsts". *There are probably dozens of things that I've either never established with MC that I'd like to retcon as always being a part of him, and then there are things that might be best if I just wiped out of history. **shrugs* gotta go think on it some. *But, at any rate, if there's an overall connection to all the origins being explored and then re-worked, count me in.

MystikChronicler
03-12-2005, 03:49 PM
posted by Dark MC

*Pulls out a giant Q-Tip* "Clean out your ears, son. I just told you that she is VERY un- available. Don't make me have to hurt you." *Puffs up his chest*

but....but i need a girlfriend. i'm not married and im single.

OH TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!! will you be my girlfriend?[/code]

Dark MC sighs an exasperated sigh, "Son, you completely asked for this." **Picks sprouse up by his ear, carries him over to the corner, gags him and then bounds him to a chair with three rolls of duct tape that are several layers too thick.*

Vampyre Lestat
03-12-2005, 03:51 PM
Just like a bond villain.

Dude..just pop a cap in his cranium.

Quaxo9
03-12-2005, 03:58 PM
"I got a whole bag of "shh" right here with your name on it."

Bard
03-12-2005, 03:59 PM
Both PM's received. *May need to borrow my own lab (in the past time, so that shouldn't conflict with M's SL in present time), for the exchange.

Uh, Sprouse, Alexis/Tigers is married dude. *William and Shrike may have something to say about you flirting with their wife/mommy.

Daveosaurus
03-12-2005, 04:01 PM
Just like a bond villain.

Reminds me of the Adam West "Batman" show myself...

Bard
03-12-2005, 04:07 PM
by the way, what shall the thread be named?

The Dawn of Elysia?

Hmm, any suggestions?

Quaxo9
03-12-2005, 04:08 PM
"This is the dawning of the age of Elysians, age of Elysiaaaaans, Elysiaaaannnnsss!"

Sorry 'bout that. :redface:

Bard
03-12-2005, 04:12 PM
Hey, you can't be that old. *:rofl:

Quaxo9
03-12-2005, 04:17 PM
Well, I am a bit of a geezer. I love the 60's and 70's music, man that's the good stuff. 50's too. I know it all - or at least a decent portion of it. Probably couldn't tell you the artist or name of the song, but I can sing 'em for ya! :P

Bard
03-12-2005, 04:33 PM
You and my hubby have something in common. *He loves the 60s and 70s.

Tigers
03-12-2005, 04:59 PM
:rofl: @ Quaxo!

Sprouse, as sweet as your offer may be, Alexis/Tigers is spoken for. Now behave, or I'll have to knock you back into your Dorito Chip bag.

Jacen Bell
03-12-2005, 05:32 PM
Now behave, or I'll have to knock you back into your Dorito Chip bag.

i think your father *toke care of that for you

Daveosaurus
03-12-2005, 06:40 PM
Hey, you can't be that old. :rofl:

That's what golden-oldies records are for...

That reminds me: I must try to figure out the words to "Get a Haircut" so that a certain annoying salt-shaker can sing them to Jason's avatar...

Jacen Bell
03-12-2005, 06:43 PM
Hey, you can't be that old. *:rofl:

That's what golden-oldies records are for...

That reminds me: I must try to figure out the words to "Get a Haircut" so that a certain annoying salt-shaker can sing them to Jason's avatar...

is this what your looking for?

Get A Haircut Lyrics
(by George Thorogood)

I was a rebel from the day i left school
Grew my hair long and broke all the rules
I'd sit and listen to my records all day
With big ambitions of where i could play

My parents taught me what life was about
So i grew up the type they warned me about
They said my friends were just an unruly mob
And i should get a haircut and get a real job

Get a haircut and get a real job
Clean your act up and don't be a slob
Get it together like your big brother bob
Why don't you get a haircut and get a real job

I even tried that 9 to 5 scene
I told myself that it was all a bad dream
I found a band and some good songs to play
And now I party all night, I sleep all day

I met this chick she was my No.1 fan
She took me home to meet her mommy and dad
They took one look at me and said ("oh my god")
Get a haircut and get a real job

Get a real job, why don't you get a real job
Get a real job, why don't you get a real job

I hit the big time with my rock 'n' roll band
The future's brighter now than I'd ever planned
I'm ten times richer than my big brother bob
And he, he's got a haircut he's got a real job

Why don't you get a haircut and get a real job

I even tried that 9 to 5 scene

Daveosaurus
03-12-2005, 06:52 PM
Thanks for the thought... I'm after a rather older song than that: "Get a Haircut", by Max Merritt and the Meteors. It came out about a quarter of a century before George Thorogood's song, which makes it even older than me.

And Jason already has a real job...

Jacen Bell
03-12-2005, 07:09 PM
Thanks for the thought... I'm after a rather older song than that: "Get a Haircut", by Max Merritt and the Meteors. It came out about a quarter of a century before George Thorogood's song, which makes it even older than me.

And Jason already has a real job...

ah these dude's

http://www.muzic.net.nz/artists/764/bio.html

man i hoe you find the lyrics

cause i tryed and came up empty good luck

Negator
03-12-2005, 10:06 PM
Yes, I really didn't want to play this out on the CrossGen boards, since there's a severe lack of other participants there, amongst other complaints that I shall not mention here. But, should we get this ball rolling here, I'll endeavor to try and keep up, despite my workplace cracking down on people using the internet. :)

Jacen Bell
03-12-2005, 10:16 PM
whooh a Negator Sighting

Qwaring
03-13-2005, 08:07 AM
I did have an idea for a "Back to the Future" styled SL. It would be called "The Birth of QC#1", or something like that. It would be a tale about the rise and fall of communist Russia, or perhaps just the true, never before shown and highly retconned origin of one Mr. Cloney.

As for the actual topic of this thread, depending on how one of my SL ideas pans out I might have a character involved in this one. But I can't say for sure at this point.

Minity
03-13-2005, 09:41 AM
I could show the origin of the angels, Minity doesnt have much of a complex origin though...or I dont think soo...hm

Meteoro
03-13-2005, 05:35 PM
It was nice to pay a quick visit to the old CG forum ;). Ohhhhh, the memories...

I'm not very good at telling stories in the past, besides, Meteoro's origin I think is pretty clear. But I think it is a nice shot to reexplore what it was like for your characters.

LoL How about finishing that SL you had with your first son. Did you ever find his beaker--uh, I mean, his mother? :lol:

Well, without BenBrass around, it wouldn't be that much fun...

Anyway, I would love to get involved, but my current schedule just doesn't let me. *It would have been great to show the way Meteoro created Scion the Nun, that was never shown ICly. *Also the Nun's first steps into a world filled with Gods... *But, not enough time. *:cry:

Negator
03-13-2005, 06:56 PM
whooh a Negator Sighting

Hides behind a couch...

CAN'T SEE ME!!!

Millennium
03-13-2005, 07:02 PM
But I just did see you...

On a side note, a possible retcon for Mil could be in order. *You might be able to count me in. :twisted:

Negator
03-13-2005, 07:11 PM
Ah, retcons. Comicdoms way of saying, "nevermind." :D

Millennium
03-13-2005, 07:15 PM
Aren't they just delicious joys?

Bard
03-13-2005, 07:17 PM

Gently elbows a certain jedi in the *ribs. *But you still read them in spite of those retcons, dear. *:p

M, as soon as the planning's complete, I might need to warn you that your origins are a tad more complex and sinister than anyone dreamed. *:shock: *No wonder Negator went on a drinking bout after Hoth. *:shock:

Negator
03-13-2005, 07:20 PM

Gently elbows a certain jedi in the ribs. But you still read them in spite of those retcons, dear. :p

M, as soon as the planning's complete, I might need to warn you that your origins are a tad more complex and sinister than anyone dreamed. :shock: No wonder Negator went on a drinking bout after Hoth. :shock:

So I don't get to retcon my drinking?

Sweet!

Bard
03-13-2005, 07:24 PM

Gently elbows a certain jedi in the ribs. But you still read them in spite of those retcons, dear. :p

M, as soon as the planning's complete, I might need to warn you that your origins are a tad more complex and sinister than anyone dreamed. :shock: No wonder Negator went on a drinking bout after Hoth. :shock:

So I don't get to retcon my drinking?

Sweet!

Only if you want to retcon it, dear.

BigGator5
03-13-2005, 08:54 PM
http://eteamz.com/sites/kulit/images/newdoubt.gif

You know, I interduce a origins storyline idea some time ago...

Sprouse001
03-13-2005, 09:10 PM
:Sprouse sitting in the corner gagged:

mmmmmf hmmmmf mm mm fumm rraaaarrrrrgh heh heheh

:then hearing about Tigers being taken:

hmm.... (tear rolls down his cheek)

Jason Sanborn
03-13-2005, 09:22 PM
http://eteamz.com/sites/kulit/images/newdoubt.gif

You know, I interduce a origins storyline idea some time ago...
No one was interested at that time. It happens. Don't worry about it. Please leave it at that.

BigGator5
03-13-2005, 09:49 PM
*sigh*

*Smacks forehead...*

JAS, I'm trying to get interest in it NOW...

Negator
03-13-2005, 09:57 PM
This isn't a complete board-wide origin story, only a personal one for Bard, myself and a couple other as-of-yet-to-be mentioned posters that have been working with us in PMs.

Bard
03-14-2005, 10:04 AM
Okies, I think we're about ready to begin. *Since I can't think of anything snappier than what Michelle suggested, I'll put a little something under "The Dawn of Elysia." :)

MystikChronicler
03-14-2005, 10:07 AM
Works for me.

Sprouse001
03-14-2005, 03:23 PM
Angelina, Minty's Angel: is my man Sprouse trying to get another woman?

Bard
03-14-2005, 08:18 PM
After thinking about this, since not all the SLs will be occuring at the same time line, should we start different threads with some little label on each, or shall we put titles in the subject line within the one thread? *Like, "Tiger's Tale"

Tigers
03-15-2005, 01:27 PM
I think posting in the same thread just with the subtitles will work. ;)

MystikChronicler
03-17-2005, 07:57 AM
I agree and I haven't used the subtitles yet so that will be different. Hopefully different enough to show that one part's not the same thing as the other part.

Bard
04-02-2005, 12:39 PM
Sorry about the slowness: both Beau and I have several RL things to deal with the last week or so.

If no one minds, Negs and I decided to jump back to have Sil's creation back during the era between Freedon Nad and Darth Revan (ie, a time when there were more than one Sith padawan).

Tigers
04-02-2005, 02:37 PM
Working on Tig's SL, and will be able to start it in a day or two. I'll be sending out some shouts for some involvement when I'm ready! ;)

Bard
04-02-2005, 05:11 PM
Oooo. ;)

MystikChronicler
04-04-2005, 12:32 PM
Soon, like in the next two or three weeks, I'll be bringing MC into the Dawning thread for his origins. :)

Tigers
04-04-2005, 08:30 PM
:roll: *:lol:

Okay, maybe more like tomorrow. I've been swamped today! :shock:

MystikChronicler
04-04-2005, 11:27 PM
:rofl: @ Mindy

Bard
04-05-2005, 02:54 AM
:roll: :lol:

Okay, maybe more like tomorrow. I've been swamped today! :shock:

I wondered where you went.

Bard
04-12-2005, 10:31 PM
Tigs, your wish will be answered soon. *I revamped B's appearance to give her a little punishment. *:twisted: *It'll give B time to recoup some while he plots.