PDA

View Full Version : The Hall of Destiny

Archiver
12-10-2016, 09:31 PM
Posted by AMP (Member #608 ) on Thu May 13, 2004 5:11 am
It is a cool dark expanse that visually reached out for miles with no end. Everything around them had a tinge of midnight blue with the exception of the three present who retained their normal colors. Millennium, Honor's Angel, and Kat were standing on a crystal floor where they could see a slight reflection of themselves but nothing else underneath. Any move that was made gave off an echo. Looking up showcased a black emptiness that was surprisingly more calm like looking at the evening sky.

Then, a slight drop of water could be heard. It sounded so near.

Then another.

And more came, but this time they were more closer together much like it was drizzling. A mountainous gush of water came out from up above and created a waterfall effect just before them. What was interesting was that the pouring water would vanish just before touching the crystal floor. Within the waterfall, a female form could be made out talking to them...

>>Welcome to the Hall of Destiny. I am Iyyolione of Elysia, a former Empress to Eden and Guardian of the Hall. Are you ready to receive The Preparation, Honor's Angel?<<

You're Welcome.

Posted by Millennium (Member #49) on Thu May 13, 2004 5:17 am
Mil looked around them first and then to the waterfall with the woman in it and simply said...

http://archive2.rpgtools.us/images/smiles/icon_eek.gif ~Cooooool.~

Mil's Sig and Bio (http://www.cgforums.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?p=31272#31272)

Posted by JAS4Yeshua (Member #80) on Thu May 13, 2004 7:19 am
((Very nice description, Mil. I can almost see and hear it. http://archive2.rpgtools.us/images/smiles/icon_thumbup.gif ))

Posted by Millennium (Member #49) on Thu May 13, 2004 7:21 am
((Thanx Jas. http://archive2.rpgtools.us/images/smiles/icon_cool.gif ))

Posted by Katrina Arnasis (Member #1157) on Thu May 13, 2004 9:53 am
Kat was speechless. She was in awe of Honor's Angel's beauty before, but this was something more. The sense of awe and wonder that this place inspired in her was overwhelming. The sheer sense of power that she felt inside this place was almost numbing.

'Elysia,' Kat thought, hearing the name. 'I know that name.'

Millennium's simple one word statement caused Kat to turn her attention to him. He appeared as shocked as she was. She didn't think it was possible to shock or impress the gods.

She turned her attention back to the woman in the water and stayed silent. This was Honor Angel's time, and she didn't want to do anything to spoil it.

The name 'Elysia' continued to ring inside Kat's mind, and she wondered what it was supposed to mean.

Posted by Honor's Angel (Member #18 ) on Thu May 13, 2004 1:37 pm

AMP wrote:

>>Welcome to the Hall of Destiny. I am Iyyolione of Elysia, a former Empress to Eden and Guardian of the Hall. Are you ready to receive The Preparation, Honor's Angel?<<

::Honor's Angel was speechless for a moment at the beauty of this place. She wondered why Ellysand didn't come with them. She looked to the female form and nodded her head at the question she was asked.::

Yes I'm ready.
My RPG Bio (http://www.cgforums.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?p=4670&highlight=#4670)

Posted by AMP (Member #608 ) on Thu May 13, 2004 1:41 pm
A simple nod of her head signified her acknowledgement as a finger reaches out pointing to a spot to where Iyyolione wanted HA to stand.

You're Welcome.

Posted by Honor's Angel (Member #18 ) on Thu May 13, 2004 1:43 pm
::Angel headed to the place Iyyolione wanted her to stand. She didn't say anything, just waited.::
My RPG Bio (http://www.cgforums.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?p=4670&highlight=#4670)

Posted by AMP (Member #608 ) on Thu May 13, 2004 1:52 pm
A soft soprano could be heard in the background once HA stood on the designated spot. Iyyolione continued...

>>You are not the first but one of many female Firsts to take the throne on Eden. Let The Preparation commence.<<

Once again a drop could be heard in the distance, this time though it didn't come from Iyyolione's cascade. Instead, another waterfall emerged just over HA and washed over her. Strangely enough, her clothes did not become wet but instead it allowed her to grow in size to be as tall as the waterfall itself. Iyyolione's waterfall allowed her to grow to a gigantic size as well as they both now towered over Mil and Kat by 300 ft. As they both stood there shimmering in their waters, Iyyolione continued...

>>The Waters have purified you and have prepared you to become one of us. Are you ready for The Entrance?<<

You're Welcome.

Posted by Honor's Angel (Member #18 ) on Thu May 13, 2004 1:55 pm
::Angel was surprised that other female Firsts had been Empresses. But in a way it made her feel good. She would be able to continue on a tradition of her race. She listened the music and smiled as water washed over her. Her eyes widened as she grew large. She wasn't expecting that. She turned to Iyyolione.::

Yes.

Posted by Katrina Arnasis (Member #1157) on Thu May 13, 2004 1:59 pm
Kat watched in awe as the waters poured over Honor's Angel. Then Honor's Angel began to grow and tower over her and Millennium. This event was remarkable. She wondered what was going on. She also wondered why she was here among the gods. She felt like she shouldn't even be present in this Hall.

Posted by AMP (Member #608 ) on Thu May 13, 2004 2:08 pm
Another nod of her head with a smile came to Iyyolione. The soprano in the background hushed and all was silent. Soon a small rumble could be heard. Then another waterfall shot out from the sky.

Then another.

Soon, several more followed each revealing a different female First within the falling waters. In unison they spoke...

>>We are all former Empresses to Eden and have come this day to add another to our ranks. Let our newest Sister behold the majesty of the crown.<<

One waterfall started moving to the forefront and stood in front of HA.

>>I am Ryvius, eldest First to sit on the throne. I welcome you, dear sister. For ages, Eden has been a secret well guarded among the cosmos for many reasons. This day, we open our House to you and yours. Are you ready for The Oath?<<

You're Welcome.

Posted by Honor's Angel (Member #18 ) on Thu May 13, 2004 2:12 pm
::Angel was taken in by all of this.::

Yes and thank you for welcoming me.

Posted by AMP (Member #608 ) on Thu May 13, 2004 2:16 pm
>>You are welcome, sister.<<

Ryvius said with a gentle smile. She lifts her chin and begins...

>>Will you solemnly promise and swear to govern the Peoples of Eden, and of your Possessions and other Territories to any of them belonging or pertaining, according to their respective laws and customs?<<

You're Welcome.

Posted by Honor's Angel (Member #18 ) on Thu May 13, 2004 2:17 pm
Yes I swear on my own immortal life to do just that.

Posted by AMP (Member #608 ) on Thu May 13, 2004 2:20 pm
>>And by that same immortal life will you to your power cause Law and Justice, in Mercy, to be executed in all your judgments?<<

You're Welcome.

Posted by Honor's Angel (Member #18 ) on Thu May 13, 2004 2:21 pm
Yes.

::Actually that question Angel didn't even have to think about. She was the Council of Justice for House Dexter. Or was...She wasn't sure how things were going with the Houses.::

Posted by AMP (Member #608 ) on Thu May 13, 2004 2:29 pm
>>Very good, sister. It is time for The Presenting. Iyyolione?<<

Iyyolione's waterfall moves forward and out of the stream comes a golden staff and a golden sword. It floats over to HA and levitates next to her.

>>Here now is your Staff of Office, the one which signifies your place and authenticates your rule.<<

>>Receive now this kingly Sword,
brought now from the Altar of Destiny,
and delivered to you by the hands of us
the Firsts. With this sword do justice,
stop the growth of iniquity,
protect the The Lands of Eden,
help and defend widows and orphans,
restore the things that are gone to decay,
maintain the things that are restored,
punish and reform what is amiss,
and confirm what is in good order:
that doing these things you may be glorious in all virtue.<<

You're Welcome.

Posted by Honor's Angel (Member #18 ) on Thu May 13, 2004 2:31 pm
Thank you for these.

::Angel only hoped she could be as good of Empress as they two were. She took a hold of the staff and sword.::

I will do my best to be a good Empress for Eden's people.

Posted by AMP (Member #608 ) on Thu May 13, 2004 2:35 pm
Iyyolione once again extended her arms out which materialized two bracelets and an glowing blue orb. They too floated over next to HA as Ryvius said...

>>Finally, The Armills and Orb.

Receive the Bracelets of sincerity and wisdom,
both for tokens of Altwaal's protection embracing you on every side;
and also for symbols and pledges
of that bond which unites you with your Peoples:
to the end that you may be strengthened in all your works
and defended against your enemies both bodily and ghostly

The Orb shall be yours to use as a gateway back here to this very place should you ever need council from us.<<

You're Welcome.

Posted by Katrina Arnasis (Member #1157) on Thu May 13, 2004 2:35 pm
Kat watched the proceedings in hushed silence and awe. This place was a holy place, and she felt unworthy to be standing here. When the one waterfall spoke of the justice and righting the iniquities, she had a strange feeling of depression fall over her. It was almost a guilty feeling, although she didn't know what it was that she had to feel guilty about. She thought it may have something to do with the holiness of the place, and the realization that she could never live up to those high expectations.

Posted by Honor's Angel (Member #18 ) on Thu May 13, 2004 2:38 pm
Thank you. I'm sure I will use the orb in a time of need. I'm happy to know I can talk to you both.

::Angel placed the bracelets on her wrist and took a hold of the orb.::

Posted by AMP (Member #608 ) on Thu May 13, 2004 2:42 pm
As the procession continued, one waterfall reduced in size and floated over to Kat to speak...

>>Little sister, I am Nazierra. I am to tell you a few things before you depart.

You are here for a reason. Another female from outside was needed to bare witness to these events. You are to be the voice to those who may deny what has transpired here. But of equal importance I say this...

The Emissary is dying. Do not heed his words. It is too late. Do you understand these words I tell you?<<

You're Welcome.

Posted by Katrina Arnasis (Member #1157) on Thu May 13, 2004 2:44 pm
"Do not heed his words?" Kat asked in confusion. "Is he lying to us?" She couldn't picture any deceit in the kindness that the Emissary had shown her.

Posted by AMP (Member #608 ) on Thu May 13, 2004 2:46 pm
Ryvius concluded...

>>We all are here to help guide you in the times to come. Quell the land. Be perfect to your people now as we know that you already are. We embrace you as a sister and applaud Eden's new Empress!<<

All the surrounding Firsts in the waterfalls applauded loudly in support and respect.

You're Welcome.

Archiver
12-10-2016, 09:36 PM
Posted by AMP (Member #608 ) on Thu May 13, 2004 2:48 pm

Katrina Arnasis wrote:

"Do not heed his words?" Kat asked in confusion. "Is he lying to us?" She couldn't picture any deceit in the kindness that the Emissary had shown her.

>>Be wary of your past. Your very being has been tampered with. Find your past to find your truth. But never forget, no one controls who you are but YOU. Remember my words, for they will one day save you.<<

She backed away from Kat and slowly assumed her original size to join in congratulating Empress Honor's Angel.

You're Welcome.

Posted by Katrina Arnasis (Member #1157) on Thu May 13, 2004 2:50 pm
Kat wondered what that was about. Could she have been told the truth? Why would she lie? What purpose did that serve? She wanted to ask more, but the woman returned to her previous place beside Honor's Angel, leaving Kat with only questions.

Posted by Honor's Angel (Member #18 ) on Fri May 14, 2004 12:45 pm
::Honor's Angel held the objects the women had given her for becoming Empress. Nazierra's words troubled her about Ellysand. She wondered what she meant. But before she could say anything, Ryvius continued and she smiled and nodded to the other female Firsts.::

Thank you. I will...sisters.

Posted by Katrina Arnasis (Member #1157) on Sat May 15, 2004 8:41 am
Kat watched as the towering women congratulated an equally towering Honor's Angel. There was a deep mystery to this place, almost a holiness that made her, a simple human, feel totally unworthy. Yet she was allowed to be here and even given a warning.

Kat pondered the warning about the Emissary. The Emissary was the first friend she had made when she arrived here. He seemed so kind and so loving. She wondered if a person could be two completely different people, a kind person on the outside, but sick, twisted and evil on the inside.

"Welcome to the Abyss," came a male voice from the darkness behind her. Kat turned to look into the darkness.

"Who's there?" she asked, feeling a slight bit of fear.

"Use your eyes, you'll see me if you try."

Kat didn't know what he meant, but she did try to look through the darkness. Slowly, she began to see a human shape appear in the darkness, but all the color was washed away. She could only see the shades of grey.

"You're expression tells me that you can see me know," the man said with a sly smile.

"Who are you?" Kat asked.

"Officially, I am known as KA5. You can call me Kevin, though."

Kat realized he had a similar designation that she had heard for herself before. "I guess I am KA9," she said. "You called this place 'The Abyss.' What did you mean by that?"

"A place of never ending darkness a silence. You can go any direction you want, and never come to an end. That sounds like an Abyss to me."

"But why am I here? And why are you here?"

Kevin laughed. "Ah, the question that plagues all mankind. Why are we here? I know you aren't looking for the existential answer, but in this case, it seems appropriate. You are a KA, and we are here to be killers. This is just one of our many training grounds."

Kat took a step back in shock. "Killer? I cannot be a killer."

Kevin shrugged his shoulders. "That may be what you might think now, but it becomes easier in time. After the first kill, each one afterwards becomes easier and easier."

"Why are you telling me all this? Why do I have to be a killer?"

"You will be a killer because that is what you exist to do. I tell you this because I am your mirror. I am the one who will train you. I will teach you to blend in, to use your abilities, and to kill. When people see you, they will see only what you want them to see, when inside you are just preparing for the next kill."

Kat was horrified. "What if I don't want to kill?"

"You cannot fight your very reason to exist, KA9. You will come to accept your place in life. There will always be two versions of you. KA9, the killer inside, and the one you shall display to the world, the one we'll call 'Kat.'"

"NO!" Kat screamed out suddenly. She was back in the Hall of Destiny. It was a vision, possibly from her past. In the vision, she was told she was two people. She looked at the black tattoo "KA9" on her arm and fell to her knees. The vision couldn't have been true. It couldn't have. Kat began to weep, despite the awe of the ceremony.

Posted by Millennium (Member #49) on Sat May 15, 2004 2:54 pm
Mil was thoroughly captivated by the events before him. Floating there among the beauty of the ceremony, he felt an overwhelming sense of pride and joy for Angel. It was interesting to learn that she wasn't the first First to assume the throne because it begged a few questions in his mind. Why didn't they call the planet Tchetna? Up until now, he thought the name Eden was given by his family after the planet was revived. And if there was a pantheon of Firsts that were empresses before Angel, where was they when the planet was dying? And if that was true then...

.....his answers would have to wait because his thoughts were interrupted by Kat screaming out "NO!". Could it be another vision? If so, then they were coming more and more rapidly. He started to float over to her but instead...

Posted by AMP (Member #608 ) on Sat May 15, 2004 3:10 pm
...Nazierra's waterfall splintered off and a stream of her slowly moved past Mil and started encircling Kat as she was on her knees sobbing. The stream of water wrapped around her like a halo being ever so careful not to touch her. Signifying a simple strain from Nazierra's essence, a light pinkinsh glow overtook the normal aquatic blue of the water which raised Kat in the air only by a few feet and instilled within her a soothing calm to combat the confusion. The soothing calm infected her spirits and would give her a renewed sense of confidence. With that done, she was brought back to the crystal floor where the halo of Nazierra's essence collapsed in itself and formed a single tear shaped pendant which landed in Kat's hands as a voice said to her...

>>A gift to remember this place by. It will restore calm and soothe you whenever you call upon it's strength. When you uncover you past and no longer have need of it, it will return back to me.<<

If Kat were to look at Nazierra's waterfall, she would see her soothing smile directed at her.

You're Welcome.

Posted by Katrina Arnasis (Member #1157) on Sat May 15, 2004 3:16 pm
Kat felt an overwhelming sense of peace fill her soul as she was lifted into the air. It was a peace unlike anything she had ever felt before. Within a matter of moments, Kat was standing on the ground again, holding the gift in her hand.

"Thank you," Kat said, looking at Nazierra's soothing smile.

Kat looked at the pendant for a moment, admiring its simple beauty. A moment later, she put the pendant on and looked at the waterfall again.

"I will never forget this, and will cherish the gift until it returns to you."

Posted by Millennium (Member #49) on Sat May 15, 2004 3:16 pm
A sense of relief came over Mil as it seemed someone else was able to comfort Kat. It looked like she even received a small gift in the process. And so it was only natural that Mil's selfish side nudged him as he asked himself if he was going to get anything. But then he shook his head at how childish he sounded. This was Angel's day and as it stands his place was to witness and share in her joy. He turned his attention back to the end of the ceremony as many of the Firsts gathered congratulated Angel.

Posted by AMP (Member #608 ) on Sat May 15, 2004 3:29 pm
At that moment, Mil could hear a soft voice in his head telling him something rather peculiar...

>>The voice you hear is of the First known as Bolanile. Though it is not custom for any male other than the Emissary to see these proceedings, Millennium, you were granted privileges for several reasons. One, although you helped to destroy Eden you did return to restore her glory. Two, as the Empress' husband we granted you a special boon. But most important of all to tell you of a special blessing and a curse.

By this day's end you will receive your greatest wish but will not stay long to enjoy it. You will be given the role of Champion to Eden and with it, new power. But a warning. The Champion's role is ever secondary to the Empress. Do not question it, merely obey it. It is the order of things. To do otherwise brings ruin to your new position. Just ask the last Champion.<<

You're Welcome.

Posted by Millennium (Member #49) on Sat May 15, 2004 3:41 pm
At first, Mil was a bit put off by Bolanile's tone, almost as if he was beneath her or something. Then add on top of that the weird riddle she left him with. So his initial response came across as....

~Umm, thank you miss waterfall lady. I think...~ http://archive2.rpgtools.us/images/smiles/icon_confused.gif

Posted by Honor's Angel (Member #18 ) on Mon May 17, 2004 10:08 am
::Honor's Angel turned to Kat and hoped that Nazierra's gift would ease her pain. She smiled when Mil was granted the Champion role.::

~Congratulations.~

::Angel looked to the female Firsts. Women who had ruled before her and had accepted her as a sister and next Empress of Eden.::

Is there anything else I need to do before I meet with the people?

Posted by AMP (Member #608 ) on Mon May 17, 2004 11:09 am
Ryvius answered...

>>Only one final thing. Though the coronation has taken place here, you still have to return to Eden to receive the crown and the people's affection. Receive them well. The crown shall imbue you with the tools necessary to bind the land under your rule. Rule them well.

Before you leave, are there any questions you have for us?<<

You're Welcome.

Posted by Honor's Angel (Member #18 ) on Mon May 17, 2004 11:13 am
::Angel nodded her head.::

I cannot think of any questions at this time. Although I'm sure I will come back and visit with you soon. I want to be a good Empress for Eden.

Posted by AMP (Member #608 ) on Mon May 17, 2004 11:24 am
>>We have every confidence that you will be. Here and now, the throne was made for you. Rule well sister.<<

Ryvius didn't bother to say goodbye as to she knew that their paths will cross again one day. Instead, she nodded her head which opened the gateway back to the place of their departure back in the palace.

>>Rule well indeed.<<

You're Welcome.

Posted by Honor's Angel (Member #18 ) on Mon May 17, 2004 11:28 am
Thank you all for everything.

::Angel said as Ryvius left. It wasn't good bye though. Angel would see her and the other female Firsts again. She looked to the portal and said to Kat and Mil.::

It's time to meet my people.

::She walked through it.::

Posted by Millennium (Member #49) on Mon May 17, 2004 11:36 am
~Time to meet your people? Now that's what I like to hear. Sounds like someone is ready to assume their new responsibilities. Well then, let's head on back. I personally can't wait to be The People's Champion.~

...said Mil as he walked through the gateway.

(( http://archive2.rpgtools.us/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif If ya smmmeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll .....))

Posted by Katrina Arnasis (Member #1157) on Mon May 17, 2004 11:37 am
Kat took one last look around the Hall of Destiny. She wanted to remember every little detail. A moment later, she followed Honor's Angel and Millennium through the gateway.

Posted by Honor's Angel (Member #18 ) on Mon May 17, 2004 11:38 am
((http://archive2.rpgtools.us/images/smiles/icon_1.gif ))

Posted by Katrina Arnasis (Member #1157) on Mon May 17, 2004 11:39 am
((I guess I was a little confused by that comment.))

Posted by Millennium (Member #49) on Mon May 17, 2004 11:41 am
((Sorry Kat. Inside joke for those of us who watch WWE wrestling. ))

Posted by Katrina Arnasis (Member #1157) on Mon May 17, 2004 11:43 am
((OK. I am not a fan of the WWE, or even the WWF as it used to be called.))

Posted by Ellysand (Member #1198 ) on Mon May 17, 2004 11:50 am
((That's cool. It's a saying that The Rock used to say.))