PDA

View Full Version : Rache: Where a Goddess goes to Hide and Plot Revenge

Maxie
04-17-2005, 09:45 PM
Deep in the galaxy, a rather unremarkable planet revolves in orbit around a yellow sun. *The planet is named Rache, and the people worship a goddess of fertility and *sexuality, Laek. *Rache is a very hedonistic society which is encouraged and promoted byt the goddess, who resides in a castle high on a mountain with her husband, Drache.

Laek strolled down the palace hallway to the kitchen. *Stretching, she allowed her dark brown hair to cascade down her back. *She padded down the hall on her bare feet. *When she got to the kitchen, she flashed a smile as her twinkling violet eyes dazzled , Vasser, her male attendant.

"Vasser, could you be a dear and bring me a snack. *I'lm going to take a bath. *My husband won't be home for a while yet, so if you'd like, I could also use a help with washing my back." She flashed her sexiest smile as her eyes spoke suggestively to him. *

Vasser just gulped and did his best to hide the smile creeping across his face.

Jason Sanborn
04-17-2005, 11:08 PM
Kael and Kyuusho appeared in the hallway of the palace from Kael's Scrying Room on Mystik. Kael was holding Ky's hand as they appeared in front of the goddess of the palace. He looked at the woman with a sly grin.

It's been a long time, hasn't it?

Maxie
04-17-2005, 11:33 PM
Laek was humming *a tune as she walked back to her rooms. *She could feel the hot water carressing her body as Vasser attended to her. *She had no idea how long her husband was going to be gone, and she needed some relief and attention. *Drache would both be a terrible god as well as a bad husband to a fertility goddess who is also a succubus to deny her the pleasure of other partners especially when he was gone so much.

She was so lost in thought that she didn't feel the teleportation of the beings who entered her palace until they were before her. *At first, her temper flared and she gathered a burst of energy into her left hand. *Then she heard the voice. *One sentence brought more pain, longing, passion, and anger than she would have ever imagined.

Allowing her temper to die down so that her vision would clear, she looked at her one true love. *He hadn't changed that she could tell, and she had to fight the urge to run into his arms. *Then her gaze fell on the young woman standing next to him. *Her heart both stopped for a second and then thudded into her stomach. *This woman felt like she was the exact age that her own daughter would be. *Had she given birth to a daughter. *The woman was beautiful and immediately she felt that she should love her.

Finally, she cleared her heads of thoughts and steeled her emotions as she stared at the God of Magic.

"Kael, what are you doing here?"

Jason Sanborn
04-17-2005, 11:41 PM
Kael let go of Ky's hand and approached the goddess.

You know, its the strangest thing. I was just in the neighborhood, and I thought I'd look up the woman I love, whom I haven't seen since before the Rift. And lo-and-behold, I find her here, in a palace that pales compared to her beauty.

Kael held out his hands.

Hello, Maxie.

Maxie
04-17-2005, 11:47 PM
Maxie's heart decided to betray her resolve as it fluttered and beat soundly in her chest. *She could swear that Kael and his companion would be able to hear it like a gong. *He spoke her true name, and for a second, it felt strange to her. *Not since her visit with her brother, which seemed ages ago, had anyone called her Maxie. *Laek just fit her better these days.

"It's Laek, now, Kael. *I can say that your visit is a surprise. *And tell me the truth, how did you really find me?" *A gentle clearing of the throat of the young woman at Kael's side got Maxie's attention, "And who's your companion?"

Then for the first time she really saw the woman. *Those eyes, the way she composed herself. *It was as plain as could be. *"What? *She's yours?"

Jason Sanborn
04-17-2005, 11:57 PM
Laek?

Kael said with a chuckle.

Interesting choice for a name. Should I be flattered by that?

Kael winked playfully.

My reason for coming is that I have missed you. You left me a long time ago, thinking I loved Jasmin more than I loved you. Despite the fact that I told you differently, you chose to leave. I suppose I didn't have the courage to look for you before today. It took this young woman to slap some sense into her old man, literally.

Kael looked back at Ky, holding out his hand to motion for her to come forward.

Maxie, or Laek, whichever you prefer, I'd like you to meet my only daughter, Kyuusho.

Maxie
04-18-2005, 12:20 AM
The confirmation that Ky was Kael's daughter slapped Maxie in the face. *Hurt crawled over her face both that Kael had so obviously hidden his daughter from her, and also from knowing that he had the daughter that she so desparately had wanted to give him. *She wanted to resent the girl out of pettiness and knowing that the girl was not her child. *But something about the woman, she was a woman after all, not a child, was shining and lovely that made Maxie's heart grow warm. *She walked over to the child and impulsively hugged her.

"Hello, Kyuusho. *You can call me Maxie."

When she let Ky go, she walked closer to Kael trying to decide whether she wanted to kiss him or slap him. *She stared at him for a long time letting the minutes tick by in hopes that the silence and stare would make him uncomfortable. *Then she grabbed his head, brought him to her level and planted a long kiss on his lips.

"Don't think this lets you off the hook, mister. *But I have missed you. *If you'd care to join me, I was about to take a bath." She whispered in his ear.

Jason Sanborn
04-18-2005, 10:58 AM
The kiss electrified Kael and he returned the kiss passionately. It was as if they hadn't been separated at all, as they relished in each other's passions. When Maxie mentioned the bath, Kael was about to agree, but the thought of his daughter came to him. He whispered his response to Maxie.

I'd love to, Maxie, but I can't right now. My daughter....

Maxie
04-18-2005, 11:06 AM
Maxie gave Kael a teasing pout look as she withdrew her arm from his side. *But she whispered to him before she got too far,

"Okay, we'll wait. * But I aim to get you alone. *We've got much to umm.... Discuss."

Then she stepped between Kael and Ky, placing her arm in between the two of them, she pushed them along with her. *"Okay, then, let's go into my garden where we can sit and talk alone."

She led them down a wide winding staircase and out a large door into a garden that would take anyone's breath away. *There was so much foliage and flowers around that it would appear that they had walked right into a jungle. *At the center of the garden sat two wooden benches in front of a beautiful stream. *The stream was a natural stream with crystal clear water flowing freely over smooth waterpolished rocks. *All manner of fish swam in the stream. *As well, there were calls of many birds that took up shelter in the trees of the garden. *Maxie led Kael and Ky to the bench and sat the three of them down on the same bench.

She looked up at her lover with wondering eyes as if she expected him to begin talking.

Jason Sanborn
04-18-2005, 11:19 AM
Kael ran his fingers through Maxie's hair.

You're beautiful, but nothing can compare to your natural beauty.

Kael smiled.

You know, I never stopped thinking about you Maxie. What have you been doing all these years?

Maxie
04-18-2005, 11:26 AM
His mention of her natural beauty reminded her that she was still in her current form, a form that she had taken when she found this world. *Slowly her features shifted until she looked like her original form. *She smiled up at her old lover, and a gleam in his eye sparked a memory of the day before she left. *Suddenly, she became aware of just why she had doubted him all those years ago.

"You charm your way into the arms of women. *That is what you do. *You did it with Jasmin, and I suspect you did it with me. *How can I trust that you really did come back her, find me, because you missed me? *How do I know this ins't just a plan to use me again. *Especially when you bring HER daughter along."

She stared at Ky with a look of hurt which quickly turns to remorse, "I'm sorry my dear. *I didn't mean to bring you into this. *And I'm also very sorry that your mother is who she is. *If it hurts you too much, *I'll try not to talk so poorly of her in front of you."

Kyuusho
04-18-2005, 11:36 AM
Ky stood there in silence while Maxie got reacquainted with her father. *A little color filled her cheeks as she felt a little embarrassed at their public display. *She could see why her father would love this woman. *She wasn't shy and she clearly wasn't ashamed to show how she felt regardless of who was around.

Ky stared in awe and wonder as Maxie led them to her garden. *Ky had seen many beautiful things in her life both on Starron and on Mystik. *Yet, the beauty and unadulterated nature surrounding her took her breath away. *In fact, she was barely aware of anything until Maxie had seated them all on the bench.

The mere mention of her mother sent color to her cheeks, but this time it was the red of anger and resentment. *She responded with venom in her words, "Oh, don't worry about what you say about that witch around me. *Jasmin isn't my mother except for the fact that I grew inside her. *She never cared for me. *She made her companion, Isabel, raise me because I was too dirty of a secret for her precious position in Elysia. *Her current confinement in the realm of nightmares is too good for her if you ask me!"

Jason Sanborn
04-18-2005, 12:05 PM
Kael placed his hand on Ky's shoulder, knowing how angry she became when the topic of Jasmin came up.

I did it with Jasmin because that was part of OUR plan, Maxie. OUR plan to overthrow Altwaal.

Kael sighed.

When I went to Starron, it wasn't to see Jasmin, it was to see my daughter. But in your blind jealousy you left Mystik, not even willing to listen to me.

Kael's words were not accusatory, but were filled with pain as he looked into Maxie's eyes, and relived the pain that happened so long ago.

When Altwaal created the Rift and disappeared from Elysia, I knew there was nothing left for me. Nothing except my daughter. I went to Starron, broke up with Jasmin, and Ky came to live with me on Mystik, where I've lived since.

Maxie
04-18-2005, 12:54 PM
Mystik listened to the words that both of them had to say. *She felt guilty for a brief moment that Ky seemed to hate her mother almost as much as she did. But then her own motherly instincts kicked in. *She had known the pain of having your child deny you or at least choose someone else over you. *After all her own son had done that to her. *She leaned over and stroked Ky's hair. *Words would not form in her mind for comforting or consoling Ky.

* *Then Kael spoke. *While his words were the kinds of words she longed to hear, that he loved her still, that she was the only woman he loved, and that Jasmin had never meant anything to him, she still saw the pain at having him leave her so often. *And now for her to discover that he had been going to spend time with his daughter, a daughter that he didn't tell her about...

*"Kael, why didn't you tell me about Kyuusho?"

Jason Sanborn
04-18-2005, 04:39 PM
Kael grinned slightly.

Because I knew you. If I'd have told you about Ky back then, you'd have gone and done something rash, that probably would have ended in your execution. I couldn't let that happen.

Maxie
04-18-2005, 04:51 PM
Maxie sat there as he smiled. *Could she trust him again? *Was he telling her the truth? *Was she REALLY the only one he loved?

Tears formed in her eyes as her heart confirmed for her what he was saying.

"Oh, Kael. *I'm so sorry. I should never have left you. *Umm, I have a couple of things I should tell you." *Looking over at Ky, she asked, "Can I have a few minutes alone with your father, please?"

Kyuusho
04-18-2005, 05:03 PM
Ky nodded to Maxie as she got up. *She placed a hand on her father's hand. *

"I'm going to walk around a little bit."

While she walked, her mind wandered. *She hoped that her father and Maxie would be able to work through their differences. *She liked her, and if it made her father happy, she would be happy. *The palace grounds were so beautiful that she didn't want to walk to fast. *She was always stopping to smell a flower or watch a bird fly over head. *Then she heard a waterfall. *She didn't know where the sound was coming from, so she decided to follow the sound.

Jason Sanborn
04-18-2005, 05:10 PM
It was a beautiful day outside, and Zakai enjoyed bright warm days. There was a pool outside, in which a large waterfall fell into the pool, and he enjoyed sitting there, watching and listening to the water, taking in the sun. We was wearing a pair of blue shorts, and was not wearing a shirt. He sat at the edge of the pool, with his legs, up to his knees in the water, and he moved his legs back and forth in the water. He was leaning back, supporting his weight on his hands, and whistling a melodic tune he had heard in his dreams.

Kyuusho
04-18-2005, 05:19 PM
Ky followed with curiosity the sound of falling water. *Soon, she came upon the pool and it's lone inhabitant. *Her hand unconsciously went to her throat as he breath was taken away from her. *Sitting in the pool leaning on his hands was the most beautiful creature she had ever seen. *Careful not to startle him, she approached him and studied him. *As she came close, however, she sensed the tune that he was whistling. *It was a tune she would never forget. *It was the tune that Isabel had came up with when Ky was very little.

*Concern crept in her voice, fear and anger mingled with the concern as she lashed out with her hands whispering a magical spell under her voice. *The spell was released hitting the unaware boy in the chest, it would feel to him like a fierce wildcat was sitting on his chest swiping at him with its sharp claws. *But after a swipe or two it stopped, he would still feel the weight on his chest.

"Who are you? Where did you hear that tune?"

Jason Sanborn
04-18-2005, 05:29 PM
Zakai laughed as he was tackled by the invisible cat. He lay on his back, kicking his feet playfully on the top of the water. Almost childlike were his actions.

I love cats.

He said, and reached up as if to pet the invisible force on his chest. As soon as he did so, a large black cat appeared, and appeared to be calmed by Zakai's action.

Pretty kitty.

Zakai laughed as the big cat purred in response. He didn't even bother to answer Ky's demands. It was almost as if he didn't even notice that she was there.

Kyuusho
04-18-2005, 05:33 PM
Ky's eyes got as big as saucers. *Never had she met anyone like this young man. *Her anger seeped out of her as she watched him. *There was something very strange about this boy. *She watched him a little more. *He certainly didn't act like someone who could hurt anyone. *Still, she chose to be cautious. *She ready a couple of spells in her mind in case she needed them.

"Hey you there, what are you doing? "

Jason Sanborn
04-18-2005, 05:36 PM
Hello there!

Zakai answered with a giggle.

I'm playing with the kitty. I love cats.

He picks up the cat and sits up, holding the cat up to Ky.

You wanna hold her and pet her?

Kyuusho
04-18-2005, 05:39 PM
Ky hesitated for a second searching for any magical emanations around them to indicate that they were being watched. *Then she slowly sat down next to the boy and the cat. Absently she stroked the cat as she stared at the boy next to her.

"Umm, I'm Kyuusho. *What's your name?"

Jason Sanborn
04-18-2005, 05:40 PM
Hello, Ky. I'm Zakai.

The cat purred in Zakai's arms.

Kitty likes you. You must be nice.

Kyuusho
04-18-2005, 05:43 PM
At first Ky didn't catch it, but soon her back stiffened as she realized that he had called her Ky. *

"How do you know that people call me Ky? *And how did you know that Tune you were whisting earlier." *She hummed the song to him to refresh his memory.

Jason Sanborn
04-18-2005, 05:46 PM
Zakai shrugged his shoulders.

I've heard it before. An kind woman taught it to me. I saw her a lot. I've seen you, too.

Kyuusho
04-18-2005, 05:50 PM
Ky cocked her head to the side in confusion.

"You have? *You know Isabel? *How, did you used to live on Starron? *I don't recall ever seeing you."

Jason Sanborn
04-18-2005, 05:52 PM
Zakai smiled at Ky as if she said something silly.

No. I've never left Rache. She used to sing it all the time. She had such a pretty voice.

Zakai's face turned to a frown.

She's dead now. She doesn't sing anymore.

Kyuusho
04-18-2005, 05:55 PM
Ky let his words settle in. *He knew the song that only Isabel knew. *He knew her and Isabel. *And he knew that Isabel was dead. *Yet he said he's never left his world. *There's only one other way she knows. *Travelling through dreams.

"Zakai, were you asleep when you saw me and Isabel?"

Jason Sanborn
04-18-2005, 09:00 PM
Zakai laughed and stood up at the edge of the pool. Mysteriously, the cat had vanished sometime during their conversation. It didn't leave, it just ceased to exist, as if it were never there at all.

You're silly. You ask lotsa questions.

Zakai dove into the water. Some water splashed up toward Ky. Zakai surfaced and smiled at Ky.

Come on in! The water's nice!

Kyuusho
04-19-2005, 11:44 PM
Ky blinked when the cat just abruptly disappeared. *First it had been odd for her to see her spell cat made visible, but then to have him disappear again without even a thought from Zakai intrigued and unnerved Ky.

When Zakai asked her if she wanted to join him in the water, she thought hard about it. *She supposed that she had time for a swim since her father and Maxie would probably take a while. And she was very interested in this young man. *Without more than a thought, her clothes transformed into a cream one-piece swimsuit. *Testing the water, she made sure it wasn't too cold before she dove in.

Jason Sanborn
04-20-2005, 09:42 AM
Zakai laughed playfully when Ky dove into the water.

Water's nice, huh?

Zakai said when Ky surfaced.

I like swimming. Can always go to fun places in water.

Kyuusho
04-20-2005, 10:29 AM
Ky always felt so alive when she was swimming. *It was one of her favorite things to do since she was a child on Starron. *The water felt so refreshing, and she enjoyed knowing that no matter what happened, the water was never restricting. *It always found a way to flow around things.

"It's funny how you expect the water to be cold, but it's really not. *It's warm and inviting. *It reminds me of home being here in the water just letting the refreshing water flow around me."

Jason Sanborn
04-20-2005, 10:39 AM
Zakai laughed and grabbed hold of Ky's hand.

The river next to Isabel's is fun. Have you ever swam upstream with the fishies?

As he said that, the water around them began to move, as if it were the river Ky would remember on Starron. A fish jumped out of the water in between the two, swimming upstream. As Ky would look around, she would swear she was back on Starron. The sights, smells and sounds all would remind her of Starron.

Kyuusho
04-20-2005, 10:52 AM
Normally Ky would be concerned and feel threatened if someone suddenly grabbed at her. *She wasn't Kael's daughter for nothing. *She had taught herself to always be aware and on guard ready to attack in kind whenever someone thought to over power her. *But this wasn't an enemy trying to get her to drop her guard so that they could attack. *Somehow Ky could sense that Zakai wasn't a threat to her. *So, she went with the flow as he grabbed her hand and almost didn't hear him mention Isabel's river.

Suddenly, they weren't on Rache anymor. *She knew where they were more intimately than almost anyone. *She saw the rock at the edge of the river that she had used to dive from as a child. *She saw the path that led to Isabel's cottage. *She could hardly believe her eyes and as if in response to her disbelief things began to flicker. *One second they were back on Rache swimming in Zakai's pool, the next they were on Starron seeing things that brought Ky's childhood memories rushing to her mind.

"No, this HAS to be Starron. *This has to be where Isabel is." *She forced her mind to accept where they were because she hoped that it meant she'd be able to go in and visit with her guardian. *"Altwaal, let it be so." she whispered under her breath.

Jason Sanborn
04-20-2005, 12:06 PM
In the memories of the past, a voice reached Ky's ears. One that she hadn't heard in many years.

Supper's nearly ready, Child.

When Ky looks up, she'll see Isabel standing near the river, smiling sweetly down at her, as she always had. It would be almost as if Ky had never left. Ky would notice that she felt different as well. She was no longer the woman, but a young girl of about ten years again.

Kyuusho
04-20-2005, 12:42 PM
Ky was finishing up her swim when she heard Isabel call. *Deep inside her a small voice cried out 'Isabel!', as for Ky, she was more concerned with swimming some more than coming in to eat. *She had managed to build up enough lung capacity that she could hold her breath and swim to the bottom of the lake where the fish liked to hide under the embankment. *In her mind she realized that she didn't really have need for breathing, but she liked the sensation anyway. *So, she'd hold her breath until she couldn't stand it anymore and shoot up to the surface. *That first gulp of air filled her with so many sensations that she couldn't put into words.

Suddenly her stomach growled at her and would prevent her from ignoring Isabel's call to come in fir supper. *A small part of her that was the present leaped for joy at the idea of seeing Isabel again. *But for Ky, while she loved Isabel very much, she was so used to seeing the kind gentle woman that should could never imagine a day when the woman wouldn't be there for her. *In that respect, Ky had begun to take advantage of Isabel's presence. *Her stomach's rumble forced her to abandon her swim and return to the cottage. *As she ascended out of the water, she willed her body to let the water slide away from her so that she was completely dry in seconds. *Her swimsuit then turned into a lovely white dress with yellow flowers printed on the hems. *Her long white hair pinned itself back with a seashell comb that Isabel had given her as a present.

She could smell the food cooking. Isabel had been right. *It was almost ready. *Checking that her feet were dry and she didn't track in mud, Ky walked into the kitchen. *There over the stove stood her guardian, and the small part that was Ky in the present felt overjoyed to see Isabel again. *The joy was so powerful that even the past Ky felt the overwhelming urge to wrap her arms around Isabel, which she did.

Jason Sanborn
04-20-2005, 12:59 PM
Isabel smiled and wrapped her arms around the young girl.

I love you too, Child.

Isabel gently pulled free of the embrace and lowered herself to look into Ky's eyes.

You have an incredible future ahead of you, Child. Don't forget to embrace and enjoy the present. Enjoy all that life has to offer you, Child. Always remember that.

Isabel smiled.

Now, go have a seat. I'll bring your supper to you. And when we finish supper, I've made some apple pie for desert.

Kyuusho
04-20-2005, 01:04 PM
Suddenly the present Ky over rode the memory Ky to give her the chance to say things that she'd always meant to say.

"I love you, too, Isabel. *I'm so sorry for making you feel bad because of momma. *I know you were just trying to be her friend. *I'm also sorry that I am not always here with you like I want. *I miss you when I'm gone away from you. *You're my real mom, or at least the only mom I could ever have wanted."

Tears streamed down her face as present Ky in her ten-year-old body looked up at Isabel with a face that was a mixture of gratitude as well as loss.

Jason Sanborn
04-20-2005, 01:45 PM
Isabel ran her fingers through Ky's hair.

Do not hate your mother, so, Child. She loves you very much, but does not know how to express it. Her duties and ambitions in Elysia blind her to the blessing she has here. Do not hate her for her mistakes.

Isabel looked into Ky's eyes with sadness and compassion, wiping away Ky's tears with the palm of her hand.

I shall always love you, Child. Even if I'm no longer with you, I will always be watching over you.

Isabel pulled Ky into a warm embrace, letting her feel just how much she was loved.

Kyuusho
04-20-2005, 02:14 PM
A pout formed on Ky's face which was quickly replaced with a look of innocence as the present Ky retreated into the memory a little. *What Isabel said might be true, but there was too much hate, anger, and hurt for Ky to accept those words. *Yet, Ky wasn't ready to give the memory up, so she let the memory Ky have her food.

The food was delicious as always, and Ky had her regular portion. *While she never gorged herself or ate in abundance, Ky had always had an appetite especially when she was so active. *When she was done with her meal, she beamed up at Isabel.

"Yummy, can I have apple pie now?"

Jason Sanborn
04-20-2005, 02:20 PM
As Iabel brought the Apple Pie to the table, Zakai appeared in a chair at the table. Isabel didn't seem to notice him, yet he seemed to have been sitting there the whole time. He smiled at the young Ky.

She makes the most wonderfulest apple pies, doesn't she?

Kyuusho
04-20-2005, 02:25 PM
Present Ky was surprised that memory Ky didn't get startled when Zakai suddenly appeared.

"Yes, I love Izzy's Apple Pies. *I love the apple pie almost as much as I love her blueberry cobbler."

Jason Sanborn
04-20-2005, 02:34 PM
Zakai smile turned into a frown. The surroundings changed. They were still in Isabel's home, but it looked like an intense battle was waged in the house. There were large holes in the walls, and furniature was broken and strewn about. The table was still in place, and the two were seated at the table. The food was still fresh on the table and the scent of the apple pie was still fresh in the air.

She can't make pies anymore.

Zakai took a piece of the pie.

I can't taste the goodness anymore.

Zakai went to bite into the pie, but it vanished before he bit down. The two then found themselves standing in the spot where the table used to be. The table and chairs were now among the ruins of Isabel's once beautiful home.

Kyuusho
04-20-2005, 02:48 PM
Ky wasn't prepared for the scene to shift. *She had just been so happy to spend time with Isabel again that she hadn't even gotten concerned or freaked out by the how and why's of suddenly being on Starron when she had just been on Rache. *Her heart leaped into her throat as the scene shifted and Isabel blinked out. *She reeled as the cabin started showing signs of a terrible battle, as she was all too familiar with this image. *She had been to see Isabel's grave many times, and she had forced herself not to look too much at the home they once shared. *It hurt too much to think of what had happened.

Without thought, the ten year old Ky melted away replaced by how Ky looks today. *She balled up her fist and turned on Zakai, tears streaming down her face.

"Stop it!! Take me back!! Isabel can't be dead! NOO!!"

Jason Sanborn
04-20-2005, 03:02 PM
The scene melted away, and they were in the pool back on Rache, as if they had never left. Zakai looked at Ky with sadness. He didn't answer her, he simply swam toward the edge of the water, as if his feelings were hurt.

Kyuusho
04-20-2005, 03:08 PM
Ky didn't even recognize the change in scenery. *No matter how long it had been since Isabel's death, the way Ky had dealt with it was to not deal with it. *She acted like Isabel was only away for a long time. *However, the memory or dream or whatever she had just experienced forced her to realize the truth. *No matter how hard she wished otherwise, Isabel was gone forever. *A piece of her was missing and she'd never recover it. *Tears fell down her face and into the pool. *Barely realizing what she did, she crawled out of the pool and collapsed on some grass crying in tremendous sobs.

Jason Sanborn
04-20-2005, 03:29 PM
Zakai looked over at Ky as she laid in the grass crying. He wanted to do something that would make her happy. He wanted to help fix her. He didn't know what to do. He walked over to where Ky lay and sat down next to her.

Don't cry, Sister.

Kyuusho
04-20-2005, 04:38 PM
Ky lay there for a long time crying and feeling all the pent up emotion burst out of her. *She hadn't had a chance to tell Isabel how much she meant to her, which is what made the visit she had just had feel very special. *Somewhere deep inside she knew that Isabel understood everything and knew that Ky loved her. *Yet, when it came to dealing with her grief, that knowledge was a poor source of comfort.

She didn't even realize when Zakai had came over and sat down beside her. *All she knew was that she could feel him there. *

Don't cry, Sister

She almost didn't hear that. *But as soon as he called her sister, she just knew in her heart he spoke the truth. *She sat up then and threw her arms over his shoulders and cried.

Jason Sanborn
04-20-2005, 04:54 PM
Zakai was shocked when Ky grabbed hold of him and continued crying. At first, he didn't know what to do. Slowly, he put his arms around his sister to hold her, as his Nanny does to him when he was sad.

Shhh. It's okay.

Zakai said, softly, just as he remembered his Nanny doing for him. Then, he began whistling softly. The tune was the tune he was whistling when Ky first saw him. It was a tune that Isabel always hummed. It was a calming and sootthing tune, and Zakai was able to hit all the notes almost perfectly.

He sat with his sister, slowly rocking back and forth, as much as he could, whistling softly, hoping to comfort his sister as his Nanny had done for him when he was sad.

Kyuusho
04-21-2005, 02:33 PM
Time passed as Ky let Zakai comfort her. *After some time, she felt empty of sorrow and emotion. *She still hurt inside, but for now she needed to focus on something else. *When she pulled away, she stared at Zakai rubbing her hand softly over his cheek and smoothing hair away from his face.

"You are my brother. *I can sense it. *I can't wait to find father so that he can know that he has another child. *We should probably go see if our father and your mother are through talking."

Jason Sanborn
04-23-2005, 02:25 PM
Zakai smiled.

Okay.

Zakai stood with his sister and followed her back into the palace.

Jason Sanborn
04-23-2005, 02:28 PM
Maxie sat there as he smiled. *Could she trust him again? *Was he telling her the truth? *Was she REALLY the only one he loved?

Tears formed in her eyes as her heart confirmed for her what he was saying.

"Oh, Kael. *I'm so sorry. I should never have left you. *Umm, I have a couple of things I should tell you." *Looking over at Ky, she asked, "Can I have a few minutes alone with your father, please?"
After Ky left, Kael embraced Maxie.

I should never have let you go. Whatever it is you have to tell me doesn't matter. We're together again, as it should be.

Maxie
04-26-2005, 03:47 PM
Maxie smiled and let a thread of hope build in her heart.

"Okay, you know I left you feeling very hurt and upset with you, right?"

Jason Sanborn
04-26-2005, 03:53 PM
Yeah, you did. But lets forget about that now. There's a lot of things that could have been done differently. It doesn't matter anymore. Now that we're together again, nothing is going to separate us.

Maxie
04-26-2005, 03:59 PM
Whatever Maxie might have said went unspoken as she felt her love for Kael come flaring back to life. *Throwing him back, she climbed on top of him kissing him hard and fierce. *Her hands ran over his face, through his hair, and down his back as he long brown hair flowed down the side. *It felt good to be back in her own appearance once again, and the passion that she had for Kael consumed her soul. *For a short time, all she saw, felt and knew was the touch of her lover, her soulmate, Kael.

* * So consuming was her attention towards Kael, that Maxie didn't sense the arrival of someone who also knew her intimately.

MystikChronicler
04-26-2005, 04:10 PM
Being the god of the storm and harvest was a tiring job, and Drache sometimes wondered if it was worth the worship and adoration to be tied to these people. *To have to answer their requests, it was for minor beings not a major god like he. *It took him away from his palace and more importantly, his wife.

* *Just thinking of her as he rode into the palace grounds drove him mad with passion. *Her long dark brown hair, and violet eyes shone in his memories mind as he sped his horse towards the palace stable. *Climbing down, he resisted the urge to transport into Laek's bedroom. *She might not be expecting him home, and he didn't want to startle her.

* *However, as he came up the stairs, he started sensing that they weren't alone. *When he reached Laek's quarters, her door was open, and what he saw made him see red. *Two strangers were in the throes of intimacy on his wife's sofa, and his wife was no where to be found.

"Who the----!! Who are you people? *What have you done with my wife?"

Jason Sanborn
04-26-2005, 04:23 PM
To say that Kael didn't appreciate the interruption would have been an understatement. After uncounted years, he was finally united with the woman he'd always loved more than anything, and some second-rate god had the gall to interrupt him. If he wasn't in such a good mood after reuiniting with Maxie, he'd just have teleported the fool into the center of a collapsing star and be done with him. Instead, he snapped his fingers and magical chains surrounded the god.

Who is this pest, Maxie? Should I torture him for interrupting us, or shall I just kill him quickly and painfully?

Kael gave Maxie a sinister, yet playful, grin.

MystikChronicler
05-08-2005, 12:43 AM
Drache felt golden chains bind him to the wal, it only made him furious. *Drawing on his strength, he broke the chains and approached Kael. *Tiny flashes of lightning emitted from his eyes as the palace shook with thunder. *Suddenly, a great streak of lightning broke through a window and slammed into Kael.

"I'd think twice about calling someone you don't know a pest."

Maxie
05-08-2005, 12:47 AM
Maxie wasn't prepared for Drache's return, and she certainly didn't expect her husband to find her in Kael's arms. *For a time, she debated whether she should revert to the image that Drache knew her as or stay her true self hoping that Drache would just think they were intruders. *However, Drache deserved to know the truth of things, and so did Kael.

When she spoke, Drache would recognize her as the woman he had fallen in love with. *However, she remained speechless as she tried to decide what to say to make things right again. *Plus, she needed to think. *Which god did she love more?

Jason Sanborn
05-08-2005, 09:56 PM
The lightning blast knocked Kael through the opposite wall. Pain ran through his body, and with it, his anger rose considerably. Kael stood to his feet and walked back through the hole in the wall, regenerating his clothes as he moved.

That was a mistake.

Kael clenched his fists, and a bolt of lightning appeared in both hands, which he promptly threw at Drache.

You like lightning, try mine on for size!

The first bolt would have a force greater than the bolt that struck him, while the second would try to wrap around him like electric chains.

Maxie
05-08-2005, 10:05 PM
As soon as Maxie saw Kael go flying through the wall, she screamed in agony. *In that one moment, she understood *what she needed to do. *This world, this dream, that she had created needed to end. *It was Kael that she loved, and the idea of hurting him any more made her ache.

"Drache! Kael! Stop." she screamed as she threw herself between them.

MystikChronicler
05-08-2005, 10:15 PM
Drache felt like he was on fire when the lightning struck, and the second blast wrapped around him binding him tight. *

Then he heard Maxie cry out. *Turning his head, he looked at his wife with pain in his eyes.

"Laek? *You know this man? What is happening?"

Jason Sanborn
05-08-2005, 10:25 PM
Kael looked at Maxie when she shouted for them to stop. He did not dismiss the electric chains binding Drache, but he did halt any further attacks.

Yes, "Laek." I would like to know what's going on as well.

There was a hint of sarcasm in Kael's voice when he said the name "Laek."

Maxie
05-08-2005, 10:35 PM
Maxie glared at Kael when he spoke. *Who did he think he was to be acting all offended in this when he'd done many things that had been less than perfect. *Part of why Maxie and Kael worked was that they never backed down from each other no matter what. *Well, it was true that they both were due an explanation, but she was going to talk on her own terms.

Walking up to Kael, she stroked his chest and blew into his ear.

"Okay, I'll tell you both everything, but you have to let him go first."

Jason Sanborn
05-08-2005, 10:56 PM
Kael narrowed his eyes for a moment, wondering what Maxie was up to. After a few seconds, Kael snapped his fingers and the electrical chains around Drache vanished.

I'll even go one better for my love.

Kael waved his hand, and Drache's clothes were restored as good as new.

MystikChronicler
05-08-2005, 11:04 PM
Drache examined and straightened his clothes as soon as he was allowed to move. *Begrudgingly he nodded his thanks to Kael as he turned to Maxie.

"Laek, please what is going on?"

His eyes began to fill with hurt as he began to catch on to what was going on.

Maxie
05-08-2005, 11:19 PM
Maxie turned towards the window looking out but not seeing anything. *Rubbing her arms, she began her explanation:

"I need you both to understand something. *I never intended to hurt anyone. *Kael, when I left Mystik, I was so hurt and alone. *I came here and found a world where people were willing to worship me. *It felt so good to have everyone looking to me for advice and inspiration. *I even helped some of the women get pregnant. *It felt wonderful. *Then I met the other gods worshipped on this world.

At first, they approached me with caution since they had no idea where I came from or what I was doing here. *Then eventually, they all began to approach me with alliances. *I saw that it would eventually lead to some god taking offense towards me and declaring me their enemy. *I knew I needed friends; people who would be on my side. *Drache was one of them. *Drache came to me and wooed me. *I was alone, without anyone on my side. *I needed to feel safe, and I missed having someone love me. *So, I married him.

Drache, you have to understand. *I never wanted to hurt you, and I do feel something for you. *But Kael is my true love. *I'm sorry, but I can't stay with you."

Jason Sanborn
05-08-2005, 11:28 PM
Kael was shocked to hear that she had married. Kael had been with other women since Maxie, but he had never married any of them. He looked over at Drache, the man she had married. His expression was one of anger, hurt, and jealousy. she claimed that Kael has always been her true love, yet still she had married this second-rate god. He wasn't even of the First! With a sigh, he looked back at Maxie.

Shall we find Ky and return home to Mystik?

MystikChronicler
05-10-2005, 08:17 AM
Emotions swirled inside Drache as the reality of Maxie's words hit him. *He'd known somewhere deep inside that she wasn't who she claimed to be, but he had always hoped that her love for him was genuine. *Throwing his hand into his hair, he pulled on his scalp as he paced the room. *One second he stood staring at Maxie with a look of betrayal, the next disgust. *Then he would pace a little more, stare at Kael with a look of jealousy, then move on. * The wind in the room began to pick up in response to his internal struggles.

* * * *But he couldn't decide what to feel or how to respond. *On the one hand, he had known that Laek..No, Maxie, had been unfaithful to him. *She was the goddess of sex and fertility. *He'd been fine knowing that she would take a lover. *But he had assumed that she would remain his after it was all done. *Yet, here she was telling him that she was in love with another and was choosing this strange god over him. *It was too much for him to take in. *He knew better than to try and change her mind. *Many years as her mate had taught him that once Laek, NO, Maxie!, had made up her mind, there was nothing to be said to persuade her otherwise. *He just had to accept that he had loved and lost. *

"Okay, Laek, I'm sorry, Maxie, if this is the one you choose, then I won't argue or try to make you change your mind. *Just know that my feelings for you were genuine. *I would have loved you throughout all times."

Staring at Kael, he stood his ground. *"You've won. *She's yours, but you'd better treat her right. *Don't hurt her, or I WILL find you and make you pay."

And once he was done, Drache vanished in a swirl of wind and mist.

Maxie
05-10-2005, 08:27 AM
Maxie bit her lip as she watched Drache storm around. *She could sense that he was fighting a whirlwind of emotions, and every time he stopped to look at her, she blanched with regret that she had caused him pain. * She wanted to go to him and speak soothing words to comfort him, but she knew that it was no longer her place to take care of him. * She knew that the moment Kael had returned to her life, her marriage to Drache had ended. *He would recover and heal from his hurt, but she also knew there was nothing she could say or do that would matter right now. *When he spoke, her heart beat harder at the pain and anguish in his voice knowing that it was pain and anguish she had caused. *How she had changed over the years. *She was still a manipulator, but when it came to those she cared for, it hurt her to see them going through pain for her. *She barely managed to turn her back to hide the tears as Drache disappeared. *She didn't know what Kael was thinking or how he would react to her tears. *She had avoided looking at him as she had confessed her deeds and as Drache had responded. *

* * But it was time to see if things were salvageable with Kael. *Turning to him, she started to speak. *Then she stopped suddenly as she saw anger, hurt and betrayal etched on his face and in his eyes. *When he sighed and announced they should find Ky and return to Mystik, she stopped him with a hand on his chest.

"No, you need to share your feelings with me. *Don't bury them deep down and pretend they don't matter. *You're upset. *We should address that. *If you need to shout at me, then shout. *But we're not leaving this room until this is solved."

Jason Sanborn
05-10-2005, 03:36 PM
Kael shrugged.

What's to say? You went off and married someone who wasn't even a First. You left me, thinking I was betraying you. We've both had our affairs, and we probably will continue having our affairs. Fact is, you still chose me over him, so I'm willing to forget about it and move on, like I had with Altwaal, and all the other men you have slept with.

Maxie
05-10-2005, 03:44 PM
Maxie leaned up and kissed him on the lips, nuzzling into him, she leaned into him for a few seconds listening to his heart beat listening for any hint that he wasn't being honest with her or himself. *Then she stepped back and stared into his eyes.

"I hope for all of our sakes that what you say is true. *For yours, mine, Kyuusho's, and our son's."

She stared up at him hoping that she hadn't lost him with yet another secret she had kept from him.

Jason Sanborn
05-10-2005, 04:22 PM
Kael gave a wry grin. Even though Nevyn was Altwaal's son, he'd always considered the boy as a son to him.

Nevyn's been gone a long time, Maxie. He went off on his own some time ago. It'll be just you, me, and Ky, for as long as she wants to stay on Mystik.

Maxie
05-10-2005, 04:50 PM
Maxie bit her lip as she placed her arms around Kael. *If he was going to leave her, he would leave already, but what she had to say was a really big thing. *Even bigger than finding out she married someone else. *If he was going to leave her, she wanted to have as much physical contact with him as she could.

"Umm, sweetie. *I don't know how to tell you this, so I'll just come out and say it. *We have a son, you and I, his name is Zakai. *I was pregnant when I left you on Mystik."

Jason Sanborn
05-10-2005, 05:11 PM
As Kael stood looking at Maxie in shocked silence at her words, Zakai and Ky entered the room. Zakai saw Kael and his face lit up.

Hello, Daddy!

Zakai said with a large smile.

Ky and I were playing in the pool, but Ky wanted to come here and see you again.

Jason Sanborn
05-10-2005, 05:14 PM
Kael looked at Maxie in shock. She was pregnant when she left? They had a son, and he knew nothing about him? He didn't know whether to be upset at not knowing about his son, or excited that he had a son. When Zak and Ky entered, he looked at his son in shock. There was something about the boy, something different. There was a child-like quality to him that he could sense in the way that he spoke. Kael looked at Maxie again, still in shock.

This is our son?

Kyuusho
05-10-2005, 05:22 PM
Ky walked up to her father and hugged him. *She knew that her presence had a calming effect on him, and this was definitely a time when he needed to remain calm. *

"Dad, meet Zakai. *Zakai, this is our father, Kael. *He's really a nice person, aren't you dad?"

Maxie
05-10-2005, 05:27 PM
Maxie put her hands on her lap

"I know I should have told you. *But you have to understand. *I was furious with you. *I thought you had chosen that floosie over me. *I couldn't tell you. *I wanted to punish you. *Then when I wasn't so mad at you anymore, I felt ashamed. *I just didn't know how to let you know that we had a son. *I didn't mean for you to miss out on his life. *It just happened."

She turned her face down and started to cry.

Jason Sanborn
05-10-2005, 05:39 PM
Kael wasn't pleased. That much was evident on his face. He glared at Maxie without responding to Ky or Zakai. He felt even more betrayed than when she had left. More betrayed than when he learned that she had married while she was away. This was his SON, and he knew nothing of him. After a moment, he turned to Zakai and walked over to him. His face had lost its look of displeasure and anger, and was replaced with a neutral expression.

So, you're my son.

Kael said flatly.

Jason Sanborn
05-10-2005, 05:42 PM
Zakai seemed unaffected by his father's cold attitude towards him. He simply kept smiling.

Yup!

Zakai answered, and immediately embraced Kael.

I love you, Daddy! I'm happy to see you!

Kyuusho
05-10-2005, 05:49 PM
Ky watched Maxie crying. *Her heart went out to the woman. *She was truly sorry for what had happened. *Walking over to her, she wrapped her arms around Maxie.

"Shhh, it'll be okay, daddy'll forgive you. *I know it. *He loves you," she whispered in the woman's ear.

Jason Sanborn
05-13-2005, 11:08 AM
Kael was surprised when his son latched onto him like a child, yet he was no child. The grown son of Maxie and Kael was a simpleton! After a moment, he pushed away from Zakai slightly.

I'm happy to see you.

Kael replied flatly, not really meaning the words he spoke. He turned and looked at Maxie and Ky.

Yes, Maxie, I love you. I always have. There're things we have to disuss though, in private, later.

Jason Sanborn
05-13-2005, 11:12 AM
Zakai smiled brightly.

Does this mean we're gonna go home to Mystik now?

Maxie
05-13-2005, 12:31 PM
Maxie appreciated Ky's comforting embrace as she cried on her shoulder. *After letting it out for a while, she suddenly stopped crying and wiped her eyes. *A short burst of light surrounded her cleaning away any signs of her tears.

"Okay, Kael, let's go home." *Turning to Ky, she smiled, "Thank you."

Kyuusho
05-13-2005, 12:50 PM
Ky gave Maxie a shy smile before getting up and walking over to Zak.

"Do you need to get some things together, Zak? *I can help you with that if you want."

Jason Sanborn
05-14-2005, 01:26 PM
No, thank you.

Zakai answered with a smile.

Kaylee will bring it all later. She knows where we're going. I told her.

Kyuusho
05-14-2005, 01:45 PM
Ky nodded and smiled at Zak, then turned towards her father.

"We're ready to go, whenever you two are."

Maxie
05-14-2005, 01:48 PM
Maxie stood and looked around surveying things for what she couldn't leave behind. *So many memories were associated with this world, and specifically this room. *She would miss it. *She would miss Drache. *But she knew that her place was beside Kael. *Wiping a tear, she turned to Kael with a smile.

"I'm ready to go home."

Jason Sanborn
05-14-2005, 01:52 PM
Kael simply nodded. A moment later, he teleported the four of them back to his palace on Mystik.