PDA

View Full Version : Web Comic Strip: The First, House Sinister and House Dexter

Meteoro
05-22-2005, 07:29 PM
I'll be including here all the comments and suggestions already made about The First and the House Sinister vs House Dexter deal. *Basically I'll be copy/pasting the posts related with this subjects in here. *If I miss something, please feel free to add it. *;)

Also *add your own opinions and suggestions.

:cool1: M :cool1:

Meteoro
05-22-2005, 07:30 PM
First = Gods
Secundae = Demigods

Transitioned Atlanteans = This is a tough one. What if we were to simply say "Ancient Gods" or something along those lines. Something that sets them apart, and more powerful.

House Sinister/Dexter = Another difficult one, because this you can't easily just switch the name and say "Look it's new" because the concept is still similar. We'd have to find an alternate way of explaining it as well.

Meteoro
05-22-2005, 07:31 PM
Hmmmm... *I think it would be nicer to create a whole new race of Gods. *For example, a race created by some of the Greek Gods or something along those lines (it doesn't have to be the Greek guys, I'm just giving an example). *Mostly because the Ancient Gods have been established as enemies of our kind and they play an important part of our background. *For example, Mil being the son of Hera and Anubis ;).

Maybe the could have been a first attempt of Gea at creating a Godly race (before creating the Olympians), then they got dismissed... *Thoughts?

Meteoro
05-22-2005, 07:33 PM
Like Jason mentioned we can't just change the names, so why not change houses into families. Instead of fueding houses the gods are divided into families or clans.

Meteoro
05-22-2005, 07:42 PM
When the gods were first created they were attacked by the old gods, who had sensed the creation of some rival dieties. There was a brief war that ended only when the "transitioned" stepped in and created "Altwaal". "Altwaal" was powerful enough to lead the gods to victory. The weapons of "Altwaal" are items that the old gods gave to him as part of their peace agreement with him ("You have my sword so I'll never attack you again" kind of deal). Shortly after that the old gods went into their sleep. They later woke up to find that "Altwaal" is no longer around and so they attack again (the first RP Old God war).

Meteoro
05-22-2005, 07:44 PM
Wow, Q! *This is some real nice set of ideas. *Some I really like, I have some different alternatives for others *(as a suggestion each, of course).

ON THE HOUSE DEXTER vs HOUSE SINISTER DEAL

Like Jason mentioned we can't just change the names, so why not change houses into families. Instead of fueding houses the gods are divided into families or clans.

I like this :thumleft:. *Still, I think we could spin things a little further to make it our own. *See: *The equivalent of Altwaal, had two favorite “son and daughterâ€

Meteoro
05-22-2005, 08:20 PM
ALTWAAL, HIS WEAPONS AND THE OLD GODS

When the gods were first created they were attacked by the old gods, who had sensed the creation of some rival dieties. There was a brief war that ended only when the "transitioned" stepped in and created "Altwaal". "Altwaal" was powerful enough to lead the gods to victory.

The idea is good, but I think it conflicts with past storylines of our RP. *I mean, our Firsts already faced the Old Gods and succeeded as a result of lots of sacrifices on our kind’s part. *Bringing Altwaal this way, would undo that chapter of our storylines…

Still, I like the idea of Altwaal being important but not exactly being at the top of the food chain. *I think there’s room to play with this idea.

The weapons of "Altwaal" are items that the old gods gave to him as part of their peace agreement with him ("You have my sword so I'll never attack you again" kind of deal). Shortly after that the old gods went into their sleep. They later woke up to find that "Altwaal" is no longer around and so they attack again (the first RP Old God war). *

Now, this is maybe one of the most problematic aspects of translate into a unique universe (and not look like a CG rip off) : *Altwaal’s weapons. *I know they’ve played an important part in our characters’ past, yet I can’t figure out how to make them seem unique instead of simply “based on Altwaal’s original weaponsâ€

Meteoro
05-22-2005, 08:22 PM

Pyrem is the Dexter guy's name, although we should really start renaming everything.

Your idea sounds great M. Although maybe we should add a few smaller families, those who have split off from the main two to try to become independant. The Ingra and Pyrem families would be the main two, but if we have a few others scattered around it'll make it seem less like Dexter and Sinister. And house Uter, if Bard does not object to it being used, is a group where gods try to forget about the family troubles and just live peacefully, or at least just independantly of them.

Meteoro
05-22-2005, 08:23 PM

maybe we should add a few smaller families, those who have split off from the main two to try to become independant. The Ingra and Pyrem families would be the main two, but if we have a few others scattered around it'll make it seem less like Dexter and Sinister. And house Uter, if Bard does not object to it being used, is a group where gods try to forget about the family troubles and just live peacefully, or at least just independantly of them.

I really like this :thumleft:

Meteoro
05-22-2005, 08:26 PM
ALTWAAL, HIS WEAPONS AND THE OLD GODS
I only suggested the old gods because I thought Altwaal needed someone to fight. We can use someone or something else just as easily.