PDA

View Full Version : X-Factor #1

Minity
12-14-2005, 06:35 PM
was AWESOME...it was kind of crazy, definately refreshing compared to core x-books, and it still has the humor of the old x-factor, but its some of it is pretty dark at times, but it definately represents what the marvel universe is going through since so many mutants lost their powers...my only complaint is that i didnt see M at all- lol, oh well, its really nice to see the rest though, back in action, i love them!

Blinkz
12-14-2005, 10:00 PM
I have this on reserve at the comic shop. *I'll try to pick it up this weekend (the new issue of Cable & Deadpool's out this week, too!).

Mattson
12-15-2005, 05:25 AM
I have to agree with Minity. This is great stuff. Dark. Twisted. Funny and flippent. Very much a stage setter but man, I want the second issue already. Loved what they did with Siren's powers. And I guess the reason they shortened Rhane's hair was two gals with long red hair might become confusing. Thankfully, its not back to buzzcut but just short. Seeing her trying to persuade Rictor was a riot too.

Blinkz
12-15-2005, 05:33 PM
Awww! *I want to stop yb the comic shoooooop, he whines. *It really is rather pitiful. ^_^

Blinkz
12-19-2005, 09:20 PM
I picked it up just yesterday and I couldn't wait to read it. *I read Peter David's "Sir Apropos of Nothing" a while back. *This was much better. *I'm really beginning to like this whole "ninety percent of the mutant population depowered" schtick. *Now, Let's just keep it that way. *Or, at least, away from every other person being a mutant like it was before.
Oh, and I'll definitely pick up the next issue of X-Factor.

Meteoro
12-21-2005, 11:45 AM
I loooooooooove this book already!!!!!! *:woot:

It was Peter David at his best. *I was a little scared at first that it would be so humurous that many people would turn away from it, but no, just like the book itself, he surprised me. *There's plenty of humor, but of the black kind. *I simply loved it. *The twists, the dialogues, the reintroduction of Syren :shocked:. *

I can't wait to read the next issue!

:cool1: M :cool1:

MystikChronicler
01-04-2006, 10:21 AM
I know I'm in the minority here, but I don't like this new X-Factor series at all. *It bothered me what happened with one of the Madroxes and Rictor, and this second issue pretty much bored me to tears. *And I so am not liking the art. *I hate that they cut off all of Rahne's hair too.

Oh, and as for Layla Miller, she's got to be one of the most annoying characters ever, and it's bothersome that they had to include her here.

Mattson
01-04-2006, 02:32 PM
The Madrox's growing individuality has been building since before the Madrox mini. It makes sense and gives him an added depth imoo.

And yes, Lyla is annoying. But she's a spawn of the Bendis era so god forbid that she vanish into the obscurity so long as Brian remains Marvel's golden boy. Though thankfully, David does bash her via Guido and Siren.

OZZ
01-05-2006, 08:53 AM
This was interesting so far. *Dunno if it'll make my monthly pull or not (which is EVER dwindling down).

Art is mediocre but the writing is good so it balances out.

Meteoro
01-06-2006, 06:47 AM
Well, quickly this one has reached the spot of one of my favorite Marvel books. *Peter David is a genius in my opinion and I love the way he changed the tone from the old X-Factor to the new one and still managed to get some humor into it. *Dark humor, definitely a twisted sense, but I really love it.

The art doesn't bother me at all, in fact, I do really like it. *And the storyline has its own strenght and, finally, I'm reading an X-storyline that hasn't been told a thousand times before.

The blonde girl is annoying and I love the fact that it's obvious that Peter finds her annoying as well. *Playing the smart a$$ card while being punched by the other characters is kinda fun.

Finally, M's portrayal is fantastic. *I can't wait to see what Minity thinks of her, since I feel she's the kind of character Min likes. *;)

There's a rising rivalry between Monet and Rahne that will be interesting to see.

Since I'm reading a friend's copy, I will be getting this one in tradepaper back. *Oh, and after reading something this good, I definitely decided to skip everything written by Chris Claremont. *The X-Men aren't dead, they're just Claremonized.

Minity
01-09-2006, 07:42 PM
LOL- first off...the art in the second issue...seemed more rushed to me...maybe it was just the colors...oh well

but...Layla is annoying...dont like her, she is too young for the team...where is her mother...LOVE M...i knew she would save the day at the begining of this issue...she is so...blunt...love it..and she is telepathic, brilliant and invulnerable...god i love her!

also, im not lookin forward to x-men, until apocalypse comes back... :whaat:

Meteoro
01-09-2006, 08:25 PM
See?

Finally, M's portrayal is fantastic. *I can't wait to see what Minity thinks of her, since I feel she's the kind of character Min likes. *;)

I was right!

Daveosaurus
01-21-2006, 02:16 AM
I'm not a great fan of the art (something about it doesn't quite work in places) but overall the positives outweigh the negatives. I like it when Marvel lets someone loose on a bunch of minor characters and the writer lets their snark out on them (cf. "Nick Fury's Howling Commandos", which is almost as much fun when doing this to Clay Quartermain and a bunch of horror characters).

Warped thought had while typing this: wouldn't M (Monet, not Meteoro!) make a good vampire?

As for the colours... Normally I'm a big fan of Jose Villarrubia's colouring. I just don't think it fits the art in "X-Factor".