PDA

View Full Version : X-Men Heroes and Martyrs Book Three

Bard
01-05-2006, 07:23 PM
Finally, after a 2 month delay, I raced home to read the newest installment. Â*

Although I was highly disappointed to see scarcely cameo scenes with Gambit-Sinister, I was happy to see Raven Darkholme acting like a real grandmother. Â*I believe Rogue’s death snapped Mystique to some modicum of responsibility. Â*As to Jean-Phoenix, I am still on the fence about her role in the plot, her renewed love affair with Logan, and her desire to allow the Phoenix entity to subsume her humanity. *Lilandra’s and Madelyne (the mysterious figure spying on Scott) Prior's roles in the impending doom seem just as perplexing and more or less like insignificant subplots.

Sean Chen’s artwork remains on top form, but I am beginning to wonder if—like in the movies—some stories need to stop at book one or two.

Minity
01-10-2006, 09:47 AM
this seemed more like aaaaa...summary of everything that just happened...this issue could have been skipped and you would still know what happened by reading the next issue- lol

so sad that Rogue is dead, but Im glad Mystique is taking care of the children...hopefully the next issue gets more interesting again!

OZZ
01-10-2006, 12:55 PM
Yeah... after an incredible start, this series has just seemed to start crawling along.

Still a pretty good read so far, but I want to get it wrapped up.