PDA

View Full Version : Comic Book Review Wiki

Jason Sanborn
02-04-2006, 12:30 PM
Ok. I finally got around to installing MediaWiki on Comic Book Review. It hasn't been configured yet, as I'm still trying to learn the ins-and-outs of the system. In the meantime, you are welcome to go and take a look:
http://www.cbreview.net/wiki/

Everything that is in this forum currently will eventually either move back into the Discussion and Planning Forum (Ophie nominations/voting) or into the Wiki (Ophie winners, Character Bios, Location Information, etc)

I'd also appreciate some feedback on how we should handle the information in the Wiki. By default, I believe anonymous users can edit. While all edits are tracked and can be undone, do you think we should lock it down to user-only edits? That would mean you would have to create a new user account specifically for editing the Wiki.

Also, as far as I know, a Wiki doesn't have any kind of directory or site map feature. That means we may want to think of a page that we can use to organize the information we enter into the Wiki. Sort of a central directory of sorts that we add links to articles that we add.

Meteor
02-04-2006, 02:00 PM
It looks real nice, Jas. *I love wikis even I, personally, have never written an entry or so. *Still, it is quite a nice way to give information to anyone around.

As for who could upload stuff over there, I'm not sure. *Maybe the editing stuff should be a privilege to be earned by being around. *Let's say, for example, that you need a minimum of 500 posts to edit stuff at the wikipedia... *I think all of the regulars have reached that post amount and, anyone new, would understand what's it all about by then.

Just an idea, of course, feel free to discuss :)

:cool1: M :cool1:

MystikChronicler
02-05-2006, 01:20 AM
Yay! We have our Wiki. *And yes, I agree with Meteoro. *It would probably help us maintain more of a control over the content (for clarifications purposes mostly I'd suppose) if not just anybody could add to it. *It could be like with Wikipedia where you have to register so that there would be no anonymous editors. *And then you could even ask around to see if anyone's willing to help you keep the Wiki cleaned by monitoring the information that is put up. *Just a thought.