PDA

View Full Version : Remember this?

Lairston
02-10-2006, 06:47 PM
[quote]“ Bowen continued. “The idea in purchasing the assets of CrossGen was not to buy the stuff to get it off the market and out of the hands of anyone else. The idea was to buy these wonderful intellectual properties and take them into the Walt Disney Company... We want to bring them in, and let them keep their own identities as properties – if they’re older level than traditional Disney properties that’s great - we want to expand our reach, and we see these as a key to doing just that.

Daveosaurus
02-10-2006, 07:27 PM
grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrr

(This growl has been brought to you by the Bring Back Cassidy Association and the Kreeg Had Better Be Busy Dogpaddling Society)

Meteoro
02-11-2006, 11:43 AM
And Disney is so creative these days, that they give us Bambi 2. *:ermm:

:? M :?

OZZ
02-13-2006, 08:17 AM
My kids LOVED Bambi 2 thank you very much! *

:P

As for Crossgen, I've given up. The people are gone, the spirit is gone... the Soul has been stripped. I almost hope nothing shows up cause I have no doubts that it wouldn't be very good.

Lairston
02-13-2006, 04:26 PM
I almost hope nothing shows up cause I have no doubts that it wouldn't be very good.

Ron Marz has expressed interest in continuing Sojourn if ever given the opportunity. If I remember correctly, its an interview linked on the crossgen creator watch...

Still hope nothing shows?

Bard
02-14-2006, 02:40 AM
The following sigh and whimper is brought to you by the "please bring back Abadazad as a comic book" association and the Death to feabie club. *;)

OZZ
02-14-2006, 06:23 AM
I almost hope nothing shows up cause I have no doubts that it wouldn't be very good.

Ron Marz has expressed interest in continuing Sojourn if ever given the opportunity. If I remember correctly, its an interview linked on the crossgen creator watch...

Still hope nothing shows?

Actually.. yes. I still hope nothing shows.

I've never really been impressed with Marz. I bought Sojourn for Greg's art because the story became really boring up until Ian (I think his name was Ian..) came on board. Even after just a few issues I thought it was better. Scion started out good.. then just kinda became par for the course.

I read his Witchblade for the first arc, until I really just got bored with it.

So no, Marz is definitely not a big enough draw for me.

Meteoro
02-14-2006, 06:41 AM
I want Negation War! *Sojourn bored me to tears and I'm the one creature in the planet who got so fed up with Greg Land's orgasmic Arwyn. *:?

Still, my chances are that if anything ever gets published, it would be Sojourn.

:cry: M :cry:

Bard
02-14-2006, 08:52 AM
Starts the chant louder so Sil can hear:

I want Meridian back!! *:woot:

Meteoro
02-14-2006, 09:57 AM
I WANT MERIDIAN TOO!!!!

AND MYSTIC!!!!

AND ROUTE 666!!!!

EVEN THE PATH!!!! *:thinking: *Well, maybe not that one. *:?

:cry: M :cry:

OZZ
02-14-2006, 11:38 AM
*EVEN THE PATH!!!! *:thinking: *Well, maybe not that one. *:?

LMAO!! * :lol:

Gotta say.. thay sure gave me a chuckle when I read that.
And I know exactly what you mean. *;)

Heron
02-14-2006, 09:39 PM
Has anyone heard I loved Scion?

Meteoro
02-15-2006, 10:53 AM
Thanks, Ozzy ;).

And yes, Scion was a masterpiece! *It lost momentum at some point, but it was such a beautifully told story!

Jim Cheung was the best. *No doubt about that.

:cool1: M :cool1:

Aliexster
02-15-2006, 03:18 PM
I WANT MORE RUSE!!!!!

Honor's Angel
02-15-2006, 04:08 PM
I'm the one creature in the planet who got so fed up with Greg Land's orgasmic Arwyn. *:?

No. I'm fed up with the fact all of the women Greg Land draws look like the orgasmic Arywn. They just wear different outfits and maybe have different hair colors but it's still the same basic drawing.

girch
02-15-2006, 05:51 PM
Hey Bard, I'm a card-carrying member of the Death to Feabie Club!

On that note, I want Sephie, Simon, and Emma back! *:'( *:'( *:'(

And what I read of Scion and Sigil (the first 20 or so of each) was good as well.

OZZ
02-16-2006, 06:23 AM
That's because Greg uses the same model (and or swipes) for all his women. *;)

Land is a VERY good cover or pinup artist.

His sequential stuff is kinda..... eh.

Meteoro
02-16-2006, 07:50 AM
Hmmmmm... *I don't even like Greg Land as a cover artist...

It hurts my sensitivities seeing orgasmic women right on my face :P.

:razz: M :razz:

MystikChronicler
02-16-2006, 10:18 AM
Hey where's the Crux and The First love? *And Solus!! I loved Solus!!

Waaaah!!! I miss Crossgen.

Meteoro
02-16-2006, 12:28 PM
How could I not mention The First and Solus!?!? *:shocked:

It must be because the Firsts are so alive with our roleplaying, right? *:mrgreen:. *We've accomplished what the series couldn't do: *everlasting storylines :)

:cool1: M :cool1:

OZZ
02-16-2006, 01:30 PM
Crux and The First were some of the best! *8)

seeing orgasmic women right on my face

That's just wrong M.. it's like.. an oxymoron or something...
:lol:

:p

Meteor
02-16-2006, 01:50 PM
:shocked: *uh... *well... *:blink: *that wasn't my intent... *:ermm: *and if all the girls in the room can excuse me...

:eww:

Bard
02-23-2006, 11:18 AM
Do you want to hear the latest depressing news related to our beloved CG? *Here's the link to Captain Jim's update. on CBR *CG pays up . . . sort of (http://forums.comicbookresources.com/showthread.php?t=107557). *Ron Marz put in his two cents, and there's a clip from Chuck's response.

I know Alessi had nothing to do with the checks--that it was an action instigated by the bankruptcy courts--but I'm not so sure if what the courts did was nothing less than rubbing salt in a healing wound.

Aliexster
02-23-2006, 03:23 PM
Ouch, that would definately entice me to go to my former employer's with a chain saw and a 6 pack.

Hmmm... Wonder how much a 6 pack costs now adays? :think:

OZZ
02-23-2006, 09:21 PM
Thanks for the link Ri!

I love hearing Chuck talk about CG.

Makes me feel a little bit better about some things.