PDA

View Full Version : Teen Titans #32: The Crisis is here!

Meteoro
02-11-2006, 10:30 AM
"Doom's Day"

Writer: Geoff Johns
Penciller: Todd Nauck
Inkers: Sean Parsons, Nelson and Lary Stucker
Colorist: Jeromy Cox
Editor: Edie Berganza

The Infinite Crisis finally grabs the Teen Titans and tears them apart, as this major crossover has its major impact in the team. *Continuity gets realigned as one of the major battles gets played out with plenty of losses!

Be warned, there's no way to review this episode without spoiling the events of this story.

http://uploads.zcultfm.com/user_uploads/freeMeteoro2de4/Teen-Titans-32.jpg

Superboy Prime finally faces Kon-El, our Teen Titan's Superboy, at Martha and Jonathan Kent's farm. *To say that Superboy Prime is a strong opponent would be the understatement of the millenium! *This Superboy can move planets with his own hands and his power levels equal those of Superman from the pre-Crisis. *

So, who's this Superboy Prime? *Precisely, he comes from that pre-Crisis era some of you must have heard about only as a ripple from the past or, the older ones, like me, may have known him firsthand. *This Superboy belonged to an era where there were thousands of parallel Earths and he came from this Earth Prime which had no heroes but him. *Yes, he was a hero, but time must have played things wrongly for him. *After the Crisis on Infinite Earths, he's been trapped in between dimensions this whole time, watching as our Earth evolved; and most importantly, as Kon-El was created as a clone of Superman and Lex Luthor's, to finally take over his mantle. *A mix of jealousy, despair, manipulation, brought this Superboy to the "dark side." *And now, he's here to claim his name back.

There's guest stars galore, from the JSA to the Doom Patrol, together to face this threat, but you can't battle such a powerful being as Superboy without some losses… *Part of the battle scene from Infinite Crisis #4 gets replayed in this book, without missing any of its excitement. *And as promised, big losses… *Pantha, Baby Wildebeest, Risk and this oriental guy who appeared only at one annual and whose name escapes me, they all bit the dust. *Some of these may ring as second stringers to the casual reader, but Pantha and Baby Wildebeest played an important role right after the acclaimed "Titans Hunt" storyline from early 90's; and Risk was one of the main characters from Dan Jurgen's run. *Well, Risk hadn't played a relevant role in quite a while, so he might have been added just as cannon fodder. *Anyway, Risk lost one arm, so he might not be dead… *just wait and see.

Did you think this was the whole excitement of the book? *Well, you're wrong. *Finally the Doom Patrol got brought back to clean up the mess created by John Byrne's run. *As some of you know, John Byrne retconned the Doom Patrol entirely and got rid of their whole past, bringing inconsistencies such as Beast Boy's early days when he was supposed to be part of this team, and causing trouble with past stories where the Patrol participated. *Now, their whole past catch up to them. *In a beautiful splash double page that captured scenes from their past, with Beast Boy as a kid, shots from their adventures with the New Teen Titans and even flashes from their Morrison run, brought them back to who they really are. *This event could be the result of the current Crisis. *More of this as the storyline evolves.

This book was filled with excitement and revelations, bringing back the interest the book had been missing for the last few months and getting it ready for the One Year Later storyline that will right around the corner. *Unlike other DC books that are just stalling, the Teen Titans seem to be closing this era with a bang!

That's why I'll be giving this book 5 thumbups out of 5!
:thumleft: :thumleft: :thumleft: :thumleft: :thumleft:

:cool1: M :cool1: *

Agree? *Disagree? *Post your comment here!

Mattson
02-12-2006, 06:47 PM
M, you might want to get Robin 146-147 to see what happens to Superboy. The rest of the Titans gueststar as Robin leads them to find a cure in one of Luthor's labs. Willingham proves he could be a great fill in writer for the Titans as he gets their humor and style with nice care given to the character's pasts.

Also, Green Arrow makes me worried we won't see Speedy one year later.

Meteoro
02-13-2006, 07:03 AM
Yes, I read Robin 146 and I'll be reading 147 tonight. *The stories mix nicely and make sense as a whole. *I'm not thrilled about Willingham writing Robin, but this storyline has completely captured my attention.

:cool1: M :cool1:

OZZ
02-13-2006, 08:12 AM
This story was alright. * Big part Rehash of IC4 but deeper detail.

Most of the Beast Boy / Doom Patrol stuff had me confused as all get out, but ah well.

Haven't read much of the Connor Superboy, but wow does he seem like a wimp. I'd kick his tail too for sittin' at home doing diddly during this huge crisis. LOL

Meteoro
02-13-2006, 08:31 AM
Most of the Beast Boy / Doom Patrol stuff had me confused as all get out, but ah well.

Blame John Byrne for that. *He messed up the Patrol so badly that something like this really needed to be done. *For all things that matter, the Doom Patrol's past got restored, that's all you need to know ;).

OZZ
02-13-2006, 08:39 AM
No idea who or what the "Doom Patrol" is so... okie dokey. *LOL

Meteoro
02-15-2006, 10:55 AM
You should try Morrison's run during the late 80's / early 90's. *

That run on Doom Patrol was a masterpiece.

:shocked: M :shocked:

Sprouse001
02-21-2006, 04:03 PM
i see no one important died in this issue. only those 4th rate heroes that you never see much off. i want to see important people die. makes it more interesting.

Mattson
02-21-2006, 06:24 PM
You know as well as I that important and dead usually means the dead won't last. Though Kid Flash did vanish into the Speed Force before it vanished.

Meteoro
02-22-2006, 03:50 PM
i see no one important died in this issue. only those 4th rate heroes that you never see much off. i want to see important people die. makes it more interesting.

::Stabs Sprouse 33 :twisted:::

Now, how does that feel?

:mrgreen: M :mrgreen:

Sprouse001
02-23-2006, 06:39 PM
you killed my clone? i can make more.

take that!!!

Qwaring's clone#1
02-26-2006, 08:13 PM
Haven't read much of the Connor Superboy, but wow does he seem like a wimp. I'd kick his tail too for sittin' at home doing diddly during this huge crisis. LOL
Everybody seems like a wimp when fighting the Superboy from Earth Prime, who has been roaming the DC universe moving entire planets in order to shift the center of the universe. That pretty much made the Earth Prime Superboy the most powerful character in the DCU.

Only a good story can make a characters death interesting. Otherwise it's just a waste.

Daveosaurus
02-27-2006, 01:40 AM
Everybody seems like a wimp when fighting the Superboy from Earth Prime, who has been roaming the DC universe moving entire planets

:shocked: * *... did Lister challenge him to a game of pool or something?

OZZ
02-27-2006, 06:45 AM
Everybody seems like a wimp when fighting the Superboy from Earth Prime, who has been roaming the DC universe moving entire planets in order to shift the center of the universe. That pretty much made the Earth Prime Superboy the most powerful character in the DCU.

My biggest point about Connor being a wimp was not that he got his tail kicked.. but that he was sittin' at home on his arse whinin' to him-self. *Oh woe as me.. My daddy's are Superman and Lex Luthor.. *wha wha wah, self pittying little sissy. There's a damn Crisis goin on out there!
GET. UP. OFF. YOUR. A**! * Act like a freakin superhero.. *wimp.

Meteoro
02-28-2006, 08:24 AM
The thing going on with Conner is kinda serious. *Luthor proved he had control over him and pushed some dna encoded commands to turn Conner against his teammates. *He almost killed Cassie (Wonder Girl, his sweet heart ;)).

That's why he retreated to the Kent's farm. *Not only he's overwhelmed by having turned against his friends, but also about the potential damage he could do if Luthor or someone else takes hold of him. *

I wouldn't call him a whimp, he's just overwhelmed by the wrongs he did and that makes him a very likeable character, at least to me.

:whaat: M :whaat:

OZZ
02-28-2006, 12:55 PM
What would Superman do in that situation? How many times has he been controlled? What did he do..sit at home with Ma Kent?

NO! He went and took care of business!

(at least, i think he would. i don't really read superman. lol)

But yeah, M.. I DO know what you mean. And I do get everything that happened. But still, there are people dying left and right. *Heck.. the LEAST he could have done was gone to space with Donna. *Not only would he be far away from Luthor's control but he'd add some Super big muscle out there (pardon the pun ;) )

But he didn't even have that opportunity. Why?
Cause he's sittin' at home.

Sorry, but that just really really bugs me.

Meteoro
02-28-2006, 01:07 PM
Bah! *No need to apologize :P.

OZZ
02-28-2006, 01:09 PM
well.. cause i'm ranting and beating the dead horse now so it felt necessary.

;)

Meteoro
02-28-2006, 01:13 PM
Conner is far from being the dead horse. *He will rise like a... *uh... *Phoenix? *:?

Maybe that was a bad analogy.

:? M :?