PDA

View Full Version : OOC Crossovers (Sliders/Exiles Type SL) OOC Thread

Jason Sanborn
02-16-2006, 04:42 PM
Straight from the drawing board, inspired by M's comment in another OOC Thread, and through discussions via IM, I'm throwing this idea for a new SL to you, to fish for interest and ideas.

Silders (early seasons) - A young genius creates a device to travel between dimensions for a limited time. An accident happens and he, his professor, his girlfriend and a singer in the wrong place at the wrong time, wind up in another dimension without a way of getting back to their dimension. The four travel from dimension to dimension, trying to find their way home.

Exiles - A team of super heroes are picked by some strange guy to go around and fix things in alternate dimensions, that you later find out he (actually "they") broke.

So, you get the idea. Travelling between dimensions. I'm leaning on having this SL being more along the lines of Sliders, where the group of characters are trying to find the way back to their universe. There's no "higher power" controlling their destination.

For added flavor, throw in a little Negation style drama, in the fact that none of the characters (or few of them) know the others. They are probably from different dimensions. They are stuck together for a common cause, and that is survival and finding a way back to their own home dimension.

To add to the challenge, let's tone down the power of the characters. We aren't dealing with gods. We're dealing with mortals. Since the mortals come from different dimensions, and different types of worlds, the type of character could be practically unlimited. We just want to keep things in balance, so the mortals shouldn't be powerful.

Now, I'm opening the thread up to comments, ideas, questions, and petitions to join. :mrgreen:

Meteoro
02-16-2006, 06:20 PM
Can we use already established characters? *Can we? *Can we? *Can we?

Maybe I could throw in Clonathan III, or the Sinister Duck, or even Eve Angelyst, since I never got to use her in that storyline which name escapes me... *:redface: *Or I can come up with someone entirely new and powerless like Aquaman :whaat:.

And as we cross from one dimension into others, could we be visiting DC or Marvel established games? *:mrgreen:

So many questions! *:shocked:

:cool1: M :cool1:

Jason Sanborn
02-16-2006, 06:38 PM
Sure, you can use existing characters if you want. Just as long as they aren't powerful (mortals with limited powers) and are human/humanoid in appearance. There can be funny things in the SL, but, unlike the QC1 quest, this shouldn't be completely silly.

Jason Sanborn
02-16-2006, 06:40 PM
Oh, and crossing into established stories. I don't see why not, if others approve, but for the most part, I see it taking place in separate threads. The idea is that they go from place to place in different dimensions, not visiting the same dimension more than once.

Mattson
02-16-2006, 06:41 PM
Ooooh. I want in. Love Sliders. Love Exiles. Oooooh.

Traveller. I can bring her back to active play.

Squidhead Jax
02-16-2006, 06:58 PM
*thinkthinkthink* *Gah, I wanna join, but I've got too many ideas!

We just want to keep things in balance, so the mortals shouldn't be powerful.

What level of 'not powerful' are we referring to? *Early season Sliders not powerful or midlevel D&D characters not powerful?

Mattson
02-16-2006, 06:59 PM
And I've got an idea for the how and why they want to get home. The Crossover gem. What if someone shattered it?

Meteoro
02-16-2006, 07:49 PM
I think I will go with a fresh character, so I don't have too much background story. *Let me see what I can come up with. *

By the way, I'm in ;).

PS: *I love the idea of the Crossovers Gem shattering ;)

Jason Sanborn
02-16-2006, 09:15 PM
For power level: Basically, in CGVerse, no First, Secundae, Sigil Bearers or the like. In DC/Marvel Verse, no super hero types. In D&D Terms, mid-level would be about right. The idea is to keep all the characters at roughly the same level, without one dominating in power, and so that any normals they encounter in the various dimensions will still pose a challenge, while slightly enhanced at other dimensions will not be overly dangerous.

The shattering of the Crossover Gem is a great idea. I was wondering how we could get different people from different dimensions in one place. That sounds like a nice solution. The shattering of the Crossover Gem caused people to get scattered across the dimensions, along with fragments of the gem. As the pieces are recovered, the characters move onto other locations, trying to rebuild the gem, which may or may not be possible, but gives the characters reason to move on. This also allows for the opportunity of players to enter at a later time, as new characters can be introduced in whatever dimension we're in, and they could be just as lost.

Meteoro
02-16-2006, 09:43 PM
Maybe the Crossover Gem fragments cause irregularities wherever they fall. *Not only creating doorways, but allowing realities to blend and deeply harming them in the process. *

Our characters can be chosen or recruited or maybe even "infected" in a way that they can track down these fragments. *So, not only they should be gathering the pieces, but they would also be needing to fix some of the altered facts resulting from the "crossover" of realities.

Anyway, there's a lot to chose from. ;)

As for my character, I decided to recreate a character I wrote about ages ago, back in college. *Of course, with a spin, because she needs to be updated ;). *She's called Dana and she's a Tarot reader goth girl. *She's in her early 20's and knows a lot of stuff from esoterism and such things. *Of course, she's not in Dr. Strange's level. *She's just plain human, like a friend of any of us who reads Tarot cards and gets interested in the supernatural. *She's somewhat a sensitive as well, but this is far from making her a telepath or such.

Also, she comes with an attitude and a strong sex drive ;).

Jason Sanborn
02-16-2006, 10:06 PM
That idea is good, but a little too close to the Exiles idea, where I'm trying to keep it a little closer to Sliders. That being the characters are stuck together, trying to find a way home, and have to find their way without a cosmic guide dog. ;)

I think the Crossover Gem Fragments could cause disruptions in the realities, but on a very minor scale. Odd anomolies, perhaps, sort of like the Bermuda Triangle, on a smaller scale. That will help the characters find out where to go and where to eventually find the fragment in the dimension they are in.

Qwaring's clone#1
02-16-2006, 10:24 PM
This sounds great. I'll need to work on my character before I join. That is if I join.

Jason Sanborn
02-16-2006, 10:30 PM
Dana sounds like a good character idea, M. :D

Q, look forward to seeing your character idea. ;)

Maj. James Panyk
02-17-2006, 12:07 AM
Major James Panyk reporting for duty.

An astronaut and pilot of the Sagitarius-06 capsule, which is the United States first attempt to land on one of Earth's three moons, the Leoma asteroid to be exact. Unfortunately he never makes it that far because he, and his space capsule, are pulled into another universe by some shard of something. He has to abandon the capsule, but brings along the emergency standard issue handgun that's stowed under the pilot's seat (brought along on a space flight just in case there really are little green men out there, or maybe some of those sneaky soviet agents up to no good) and his wits and hopes thats enough to survive these crazy dimensions and hopefully find a way home.

NestlÚ
02-17-2006, 05:45 AM
Alright, I'll bite.

This is a really cool idea.
I just have a tiny bit to throwq in:

First off, after M crossed to the DC universe I had planned to send one of my characters into another reality. *Namely, The Farmers (Logan & Hal). *You'll notice that my last post with them, they were thrown by Robinku throgh time & reality. *This, however works just as well!! :D

2 more things:
First... *Why can't we have First? *I mean, couldn't we just "incapacitate" them like Tony did in the Negation? *I mean, a powerless First isn't a god at all... :roll:

Speaking of guide dogs... *What does everyone think of my bringing Aqua-Pup into this? *Robinku is going to bansih him to someplace so he doesn't get in the way. *Could the powerless pup find his way into this SL? :eh:

Quaxo's Quorum
02-17-2006, 06:05 AM
*sees Major Panyk's name*

*starts singing "Brave, brave, brave, brave Sir Robin..."*

;)

*resists urge to join yet another SL*

Meteoro
02-17-2006, 07:48 AM
Hmmmmm... ┬*Major Panik.... ┬*:shocked: ┬*Heehee, real nice!

As for the Crossover Gem, how about this. ┬*Whenever someone touches a piece of this gem, he or she and the people just around them, gets transported into a new reality. ┬*That's how our characters would be involved in the first place. ┬*And as soon as they touch the fragments, they dissolve. ┬*Now, once they've touched a fragment, they start sensing other fragments, that's how they keep tracking them to find their way back home, and that's how they meet each other in the first place.

As for sending a depowered First, that would work perfectly for me :). ┬*Aquapup, on the other hand... ┬*:? ┬*You know, a talking dog and all. ┬*I don't know :P.

Finally, once you've spoken, Quaxo, you know you've been drafted. ┬*That's how it is :whaat:

Quaxo's Quorum
02-17-2006, 08:19 AM
*mobster voice* You'll nevah take me alive, coppers!

You never know, M. I might just pop in to play the odd NPC - like on LasVegas world - just for kicks and to advance that lil' ol' plot o' yers. ;)

No promises though. :razz:

Millennium
02-17-2006, 08:28 AM
Would this be a medium-paced SL? *I have an idea for a character but work fluctuates, making it difficult to pin down some quality posting somedays.

Meteoro
02-17-2006, 08:58 AM
I think this particular setting gives us the chance to be around or pop out of existence for a season or so. *You know, with the Crossover Gem fragments sending people away, if you get busy, all you have to do is grab the wrong piece ;). *

And then, by getting the right one, you get to join the group. *:)

BTW, I love Quaxo's NPCs :mrgreen:

Millennium
02-17-2006, 09:58 AM
That works for me. *More to come then. 8)

Qwaring's clone#1
02-17-2006, 10:39 AM
*sees Major Panyk's name*

*starts singing "Brave, brave, brave, brave Sir Robin..."*

;)

*resists urge to join yet another SL*

The name "James Panyk" is from a character that I created for a horror based comic. I've been looking for a chance to recycle the name for a while. As for the rank, I swiped it from that song "Major Tom", the one about an astronaut. I couldn't think of anything else. Although now I might have to change it if it sounds as stupid as I'm begining to think. I didn't think it through too much last night since I had stayed up late making that avatar from an old picture that I did for a multiversal travelling character that's similar to the character idea I presented in my last post, and registered immediately after before finally heading to bed.

Jason Sanborn
02-17-2006, 10:46 AM
I love the character idea, Q. ;)

As for depowered First, if you want one, that's fine. It could e a side-effect of the dimensional hopping. The idea is to keep things on a more normal level.

Aqua-Pup? Sorry, Nes, but that may not work too well.

:hypnotized: Quaxo, you have a character idea for this SL and will be joining :hypnotized:

I'm thinking this would be slow to medium paced speed, due to the schedules of most of the people expressing interest. And, as M said, it is easy to have people join or leave as a result of the fragments.

Meteoro
02-17-2006, 10:51 AM
Don't fret over the Major Panik name. *You could have named him after Major Disaster, or Major Baby, or Major Gay. *Now, this last one would be fun :P.

Thankfully, we have this nice administrator that can change the name by your request.

Jason Sanborn
02-17-2006, 10:58 AM
We have a nice administrator? :shock:

Where is he, and why wasn't I notified of this? :eh:

Quaxo's Quorum
02-17-2006, 12:27 PM
:rofl: @ Jason

And thank-you M, and :razz: to Jason too. ;)

Captain Kill
02-17-2006, 01:45 PM
OoooOOooOoh sounds interesting. *But alas, I have no ideas at this time for a suitable character. *Hmm....I will have to ponder on this matter.

gurglingooze
02-17-2006, 02:03 PM
I want to play a Gloo name Trickle.

A Gloo is 2 feet tall, looks litle a 3-d Pacman, but he's Red (Like the Red M&Ms in the commercials). His strengths are science and engineering. He is extremely rich in his dimension, and carries a large amout of currency with him (Which is of course useless). He is quite upset at having to run around with these dumb poor people who got him into this mess and refuse to send him home.

Someone will have to carry him around in a backpack or some kind of a carriage in dimensions that aren't as enlightened as his and open to people that look like M&Ms.

He's Smart, Extroverted and very cranky.

kulit
02-17-2006, 02:12 PM
Awwwwww! I want a Gloo! :lol:

Jason Sanborn
02-17-2006, 02:25 PM
:shock: :lol:

Nice character idea. I didn't know what to say at first, but it will definately be interesting to see the interaction of the characters. ;)

Now, here's a question for "where" the SL should be posted. Here are my thoughts on the subject.

1) Since this isn't actually based in any one universe, it won't fit in CG, DC, or Marvel exclusively.

2) Because we'll be going from dimension to dimension (with a possibility of hitting the above mentioned universes), it could potentially be composed of many unique and separate threads.

3) If this idea continues to grow (it has already attracted more than I thought), there could be more than one group that goes to different universes. Although, I'd prefer one group for the story to focus on.

So, my thought is this, and wanted to see what you think. Create a new Forum for the dimension hopping story(-ies). Each dimension will be a separate thread, with a rare appearance in other forums.

Or, if you think that is too much, we can confine the majority of the story to a single thread in the Adventure Forum, except if it becomes necessary to post in one of the other forums.

Advantage to the single forum approach is that it makes individual story arcs (dimensions) into their own thread, which can grow into their own stories later, or be revisited at a later time. It can also make it easier for new players to jump in. Disadvantage is that it will create multiple threads, as opposed to one.

Advantage to the single thread approach is that it is one location for the entire story. Disadvantage is that it could get difficult to follow later (if there are multiple, overlapping events), and makes it more intimidating for people joining at a later time.

Opinions and suggestions?

Squidhead Jax
02-17-2006, 02:26 PM
Hmm. *I'm suffering from too many ideas at the moment, rather than too few.

What to play, what to play...

Jason Sanborn
02-17-2006, 02:27 PM
Been there, done that, bought the T-Shirt. :lol:

kulit
02-17-2006, 02:33 PM
I'm suffering from ADHD. :lol:

stupid enter key *whacks* I wasn't done typing! :razz: @ keyboard

I'd like in, and I can go either way (with what Jas said), but I don't have a clear cut idea in mind yet so I'm going to wait and see what y'all have.

Jason Sanborn
02-17-2006, 02:34 PM
Well, stop suffering from it, and relish in it. That's what I do. :1:

Captain Kill
02-17-2006, 04:22 PM
Ahhhhh so many possibilities! *An infinite number of dimensions to form a character based upon. *I mean I could even have a giant walking taco.....I don't know!!!

Jason Sanborn
02-17-2006, 04:31 PM
I think one "oddity" is enough for the SL. :lol:

Meteoro
02-17-2006, 05:03 PM
I'm uncertain about the one thread vs *a whole forum for this storyline.

If we have a forum, I would't see many problems with the following of the storyline. *As long as there are links, that would be okay, I guess.

It would also give us the chance to create entirely different environments, which would be cool if someone wants to play a storyline based in that world or reality, which would also be nice. *Besides, multiverses are all the vogue these days ;).

One coherent thread would keep things simpler... *but maybe too simple *:redface:. *I guess I just like to complicate myself :whaat:.

Gotta go!

See you later and will make a point, I promise. *There's people pulling me away from the computer! *:shocked:

Traveller
02-17-2006, 05:18 PM
I'd have to say I'm in favor of forum with multiple threads this way if someone has an idea for a world, they can test it there.

And my submission for this. Traveller aka Kino formerly Grace. A young woman from the mideival world where the gems were stored whose life keeps getting intertwined with them. She guards a device that carries a magic flame and has a mark from Janus. He saved her life for his own reasons and gave her the mark to see if he could make something like a sigil. It is far far less powerful and only grants her control over the device. Granted, Kino doesn't know that part and won't use the device unless she has no other choices given it killed her mentor.

Qwaring's clone#1
02-17-2006, 10:09 PM
I like the idea of giving this its own forum and a thread for each universe.

Because that would give us so much more room to play with. And speaking as someone that has fallen victim to the phenomenon of a minor character becoming so much fun to RP that they become a regular character, I like seperate forums because it gives us the option of creating spin-off RP's just in case we want to continue the stories of a particular universe. Also, as long as we use the right amount of links and even number the threads (maybe even putting "Episode 1", "Episode 2", ect in the titles to help keep track of where the core group moves and when) then things shouldn't get confusing.

Squidhead Jax
02-18-2006, 03:00 AM
I concur with the above sentiments.

Also, I think I've got a character idea.

Karen Arkham's home country, in her home dimension, is similar in culture and technology to Jules Vernes' version of the Victorian era (or the sadly short-lived series The Secret Adventures of Jules Verne).
Before becoming an interdimensional traveller, Karen was the bored and intellectually curious daughter of a wealthy psysician. *Rather than working toward becoming a marriable lady she spent as much time as possible in libraries - usually sneaking in the guise of a gentleman - and ended up reading tomes of weird science and joining a clichedly megalomaniacal secret society - The Unseen Eye - to gain access to more.
The fragment of the Crossover Gem that arrived in her dimension quickly fell into the hands of the Unseen Eye, who originally suspected it could be used as a power source for their next model of pirate submarine. *Karen was studying the gem fragment when she was tossed out of her reality.

Powers:
Karen has a deep familiarity with Jules Verne-type steampunk technology and the mental flexibility to adapt to other wondrous technologies in other realities. *To call her a 'mad scientist' might be going a bit too far (or will at least get you slapped). *Other than the occasional useful gadget, she is a normal human - Colonel Carter and Dr. McKay from Stargate come to mind.

Personality:
Karen alternately wears the demeanor of a proper lady and a self-interested shrew but, at heart, is mostly an egghead. *While formerly a member of a villainous secret society, she isn't evil herself, mostly concerned with being able to play with neat technologies without much in the way of restraint.

Pics:
<table><tr><td>
(Home Universe Fashion)
http://elouai.com/doll-makers/link-doll.php?&sex=girl&background=0000&elements=0000&wings=0000&base=0001&boystockings=0000&boyshoes=0000&boyskirt=0000&boytop=0000&boytwopiece=0000&girlstockings=0002&girlshoes=0314&girlskirt=0273&girltop=0139&girltwopiece=0000&head=0041&mouth=0000&nose=0000&eyebrows=0000&eyes=0000&face=0025&makeup=0000&earings=0000&glasses=0000&hair=0351&scarf=0000&boyfullbody=0000&girlfullbody=0000&hat=0000&accessory1=0000&pets1=0000&pets2=0000&accessory2=0000&cover=0000&namedoll= (http://elouai.com/doll-makers/new-dollmaker.php?reload=true&sex=girl&background=0000&elements=0000&wings=0000&base=0001&boystockings=0000&boyshoes=0000&boyskirt=0000&boytop=0000&boytwopiece=0000&girlstockings=0002&girlshoes=0314&girlskirt=0273&girltop=0139&girltwopiece=0000&head=0041&mouth=0000&nose=0000&eyebrows=0000&eyes=0000&face=0025&makeup=0000&earings=0000&glasses=0000&hair=0351&scarf=0000&boyfullbody=0000&girlfullbody=0000&hat=0000&accessory1=0000&pets1=0000&pets2=0000&accessory2=0000&cover=0000&namedoll=)
* * *</td><td>
(More Practical Wear)
http://elouai.com/doll-makers/link-doll.php?&sex=girl&background=0000&elements=0000&wings=0000&base=0001&boystockings=0000&boyshoes=0000&boyskirt=0000&boytop=0000&boytwopiece=0000&girlstockings=0002&girlshoes=0314&girlskirt=0000&girltop=0000&girltwopiece=0005&head=0041&mouth=0000&nose=0000&eyebrows=0000&eyes=0000&face=0025&makeup=0000&earings=0000&glasses=0000&hair=0351&scarf=0000&boyfullbody=0000&girlfullbody=0000&hat=0000&accessory1=0000&pets1=0000&pets2=0000&accessory2=0000&cover=0000&namedoll= (http://elouai.com/doll-makers/new-dollmaker.php?reload=true&sex=girl&background=0000&elements=0000&wings=0000&base=0001&boystockings=0000&boyshoes=0000&boyskirt=0000&boytop=0000&boytwopiece=0000&girlstockings=0002&girlshoes=0314&girlskirt=0000&girltop=0000&girltwopiece=0005&head=0041&mouth=0000&nose=0000&eyebrows=0000&eyes=0000&face=0025&makeup=0000&earings=0000&glasses=0000&hair=0351&scarf=0000&boyfullbody=0000&girlfullbody=0000&hat=0000&accessory1=0000&pets1=0000&pets2=0000&accessory2=0000&cover=0000&namedoll=)
* * *</td>
<td>(Fashion in a more 'modern' universe)
http://elouai.com/doll-makers/link-doll.php?&sex=girl&background=0000&elements=0000&wings=0000&base=0001&boystockings=0000&boyshoes=0000&boyskirt=0000&boytop=0000&boytwopiece=0000&girlstockings=0000&girlshoes=0292&girlskirt=0376&girltop=0370&girltwopiece=0000&head=0041&mouth=0000&nose=0000&eyebrows=0000&eyes=0000&face=0025&makeup=0000&earings=0000&glasses=0000&hair=0102&scarf=0000&boyfullbody=0000&girlfullbody=0000&hat=0000&accessory1=0000&pets1=0000&pets2=0000&accessory2=0000&cover=0000&namedoll= (http://elouai.com/doll-makers/new-dollmaker.php?reload=true&sex=girl&background=0000&elements=0000&wings=0000&base=0001&boystockings=0000&boyshoes=0000&boyskirt=0000&boytop=0000&boytwopiece=0000&girlstockings=0000&girlshoes=0292&girlskirt=0376&girltop=0370&girltwopiece=0000&head=0041&mouth=0000&nose=0000&eyebrows=0000&eyes=0000&face=0025&makeup=0000&earings=0000&glasses=0000&hair=0102&scarf=0000&boyfullbody=0000&girlfullbody=0000&hat=0000&accessory1=0000&pets1=0000&pets2=0000&accessory2=0000&cover=0000&namedoll=)
</td></tr></table>

(as you can probably guess, I;m liking that dollmaker thing)

(edits - cleaning up spelling and grammar)

Egidion
02-18-2006, 09:31 AM
Nice character idea, Mr. Jax.

And everyone that's saying they have too many ideas should keep in mind that we'll need characters for our travellers to encounter, so hold on to all of those ideas because you could use them for the locals of alternate realities.

By the way, will our characters be based on Earth of the various universes? They'll travel to other universes but always arrive on that reality's version of Earth? Like in Sliders and from what little I've read of Exiles? This could be because the Crossovers gem was shattered on Earth, if it's the case.

kulit
02-18-2006, 10:24 AM
Candybar Dolls! :excited:

okay, okay. Imma stop puttering around the OOCs now and work on a character. :oops:

Millennium
02-18-2006, 10:28 AM
Well, the character that I have in mind could be the one to carry the Gloo at times. *She's a smart alec so the banter between them two could be fun.

Jason Sanborn
02-18-2006, 10:53 AM
I think we should keep it constrained to Earth. So, yes, there's an alternate Earth where the Gloo live instead of humans. ;)

I'll create the forum for the SL later today, and create the first dimension, which will be a modern day Earth in the midst of a Third World War (just without the nuclear missles being fired... yet...). I'll set up the scenario and the world in the first post.

Mattson, when you get a chance, since Janus has the Crossover Talisman, can you create a separate thread in the new Forum that describes the destruction of the Crossover Talisman and what the effects were, so we have that as an overview for new comers to the Story Line as well?

One final thing, I'm going to tentatively name the Forum "Crossovers" since it is the Crossover Talisman that was broken, and causing us to dimension travel. If someone has a better name for it, please let us know here. I can easily change it to a better one at any time. ;)

Qwaring's clone#1
02-18-2006, 11:12 AM
Crossovers sounds great to me.

Also Mattson mentioned on the absense thread that he wouldn't be around until tomorrow.

Meteoro
02-18-2006, 11:12 AM
I like the idea of tagging the storyline with Episode 1, Episode 2 and so on. *That would make things easier to follow.

I also like making this a travel through time and dimensions, but keeping it based on Earth. *You know, at one time they could be at Medieval Earth, at some other time at Futuristic Earth, even at a 2006 parallel Earth where WWII was won by the Nazis, etc. *It would give us chance to play around with what we already know. *Besides, we already have a lot of outer space aventure over at the CG Forum, right? *;)

Finally, I really love Squidhead's character ;). *In fact, his girl looks very much like the one I was planning to create, but nevermind, it gave me a bright idea: *what if I make my character a male following the same description I gave above? *:shocked:

Now, under this same light, I wanted to ask you permission to do something. *Feel free to say you wouldn't be comfortable with it, so I would back off, okay? *I was thinking about making this tarot reader a still in the closet gay young man. *Of course, if it bugs any of you, I can always create something else. *I'm not about pushing this, just wanted to explore this side of writing ;). *Feel free to speak in the open or send me a PM if even if it slightly bugs any of you.

Meteoro
02-18-2006, 11:15 AM
I like the Crossovers title as well :).

By the way, since our characters would be coming from different dimensions and timeline Earths, should we be starting different threads to introduce our characters until they meet?

Jason Sanborn
02-18-2006, 11:22 AM
I saw that notice from Mattson. The overview post can be done at any time, due to the fact that it doesn't really affect the story at all, since we already know through the OOC Thread what's going on. It's purpose is to be sort of the overview concept of the story, like the opening credits, so to speak, to give new comers an idea of what is going on.

The idea of using Episode Numbering is good as well. I'll include that when I create the first Episode thread. Also, the first post for each episode would give an overview of the world that the players will be in. The overall scenario (Nazi controlled Earth, King Arthur and the Knights of the Round Table, etc).

Regarding the homosexuality issue, you know where I stand on the issue in my personal life, and what my beliefs are on that subject. This, of course, is a story, and if you want that for your character, I won't be offended. If I get uncomfortable with anything, I'll shoot you a PM in response. ;)

Jason Sanborn
02-18-2006, 11:24 AM
By the way, since our characters would be coming from different dimensions and timeline Earths, should we be starting different threads to introduce our characters until they meet?
I don't think that is necessary, but if you guys want to do something like that, we can. My opinion is that we start with the main story, as opposed to prestory. The prestory can be included in the character's opening post. :whaat:

Meteoro
02-18-2006, 11:27 AM
Sounds good. *Start with things moving already. *So, the starting point would be one thread where they start popping in from their realities and into their first adventure, right?

Cool. *I like it.

Jason Sanborn
02-18-2006, 11:28 AM
Yup. I'll set it up this afternoon. Right now, I need to get to the post office to mail a tape to Mil. I'll be back this afternoon to get the forum and thread created.

Meteoro
02-18-2006, 01:49 PM
My character is going to be called Daniel, but will go simply a "D". *(I'm taking this from another old character of mine).

Here's the avatar I made, doing a little tricks on a picture of Dick Grayson and Nightwing. *It took me a while to get rid of the Nightwing image, but I finally did ;)

http://uploads.zcultfm.com/user_uploads/freeMeteoro2de4/D.jpg

Jason Sanborn
02-18-2006, 02:06 PM
Cool! :D

I'm working on the Episode 1 introduction. Once that's done, I'll be unlocking the forum and opening it for intros. ;)

Jason Sanborn
02-18-2006, 03:03 PM
Ok. I probably went into more background detail than was necessary, but I wanted to think out how certain events MIGHT have contributed to plunging our world into a third world war. :whaat:

Basic info: USSR exists, is attacking northern Europe into England. Islamic Jihad, led by Saddam Hussein, is pushing into Greece and Italy, and doing terrorist attacks on Allied countries. Communist Asian countries attacking South Pacific. Crossover Characters arrive in US, a couple miles outside of Palm Springs.

Since this is an alternate earth, you don't need to know about the city. We can play it by ear. But for a general satellite overview, check out Google Maps (http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&q=palm+springs,+CA&ll=33.863574,-116.555328&spn=0.015074,0.043001&t=h). If you look at that, the characters arrive off of Highway 111. I chose a more secluded spot for our arrival, so we can worry about character introductions without worring about police or the like messing things up. ;)

Once the SL gets moving, I'll establish what is needed through clues on how to find the Crossover Shard.

Jason Sanborn
02-18-2006, 05:44 PM
Something I just thought of. There could very easily be the complication of this little issue known as "language barrier."

Since we want our characters to understand each other, what if the fragment of the Crossgen Talisman that they each have, that started the whole thing, through some strage twist, allows the characters to understand and be understood, even though they are all speaking different languages?

That way, we don't have to deal with language issues in the SL. :whaat:

Jason Sanborn
02-18-2006, 07:21 PM
Here's my character.

Semual Eldenbarr
Apprentice Wizard
Race: Human

Semual's home is a world of warriors, wizards and priests. It is a world of magic and mysticism. It is a world of violence.

Semual's parents were killed when he was 7 years old. An orphan, being forced to live on the streets, forced him to learn a few tricks in order to survive. He learned how to fight, and he learned how to steal. He grew quite adept and his ability to steal over the years, which only caused him to grow more bold, and perhaps more foolish.

When Semual was 14, he broke into the home of an elderly wizard. Of course, Semual didn't know that his intended target was a wizard, he only saw an old man and what appeared to be a fairly unprotected home. Semual couldn't have been more mistaken.

Semual was trapped in a magical cage and forced to face the elderly wizard. Semual didn't know what to do in this situation, as he'd never actually been caught before. As he struggled to quick talk his way out of his situation, the wizard took pity on the boy. He saw the inherant good in Semual, and decided to take him in as an apprentice.

The study of magic required much patience, patience that Semual didn't have. He always tried to find the quick and easy way out. Ways that often backfired on him. Of course, the biggest backfire happened when he was 17, when he discovered a mysterious shard in his master's study. Taking the shard, Semual soon found himself in another world, completely different from that which he was familiar with, with people he'd never met. Now, his only desire is to use the little bit of skill he has to find his way home.

Skills:
Very minor magic. He has a spell book he had taken from his master, but doesn't yet know how to understand most of the spells.
Thievery. He can pick locks, pick pockets, and is quite good at his sleight-of-hand skills.
Street fighting. Had to learn it on the streets, and can do quite well in hand-to-hand combat.
Staff fighting. Not very skilled. At least he has enough skill not to brain himself as he fights.

Meteoro
02-18-2006, 08:47 PM
Something I just thought of. There could very easily be the complication of this little issue known as "language barrier."

Since we want our characters to understand each other, what if the fragment of the Crossgen Talisman that they each have, that started the whole thing, through some strage twist, allows the characters to understand and be understood, even though they are all speaking different languages?

That way, we don't have to deal with language issues in the SL. :whaat:

Heehee, I was going to address this situation and you came up with the same thing I was about to suggest! *Cool!

By the way, I want this character to feel as real as possible, so I'll be setting him as coming from an environment I know: *Costa Rica; from I time I knew as well: *1987. *By the way, he will be 18 years old, too. *Well, yes, I will be basing him on me more directly than what I do with other characters, but believe me, every one of my characters has a piece of me so there's nothing to be scared about :P.

Squidhead Jax
02-18-2006, 09:48 PM
Well, i'm just waiting for the confirmation email for my clone account to percolate through...

Amazing
02-18-2006, 09:54 PM
If it hasn't reached you, just PM Jas ;). *Sometimes, for some odd reasons, they take a tour around the globe before reaching you. *:whaat:

Hey, Jas, by the way and just to be on the same page. *The fragments of the gem that took the Crossovers to that point, disappear once they touch them, right?

Jason Sanborn
02-18-2006, 09:56 PM
I'll log back into my main account and activate your account, Jax if you need me to. What's the name of the account?

Yeah, I think they would vanish when you touch them. It'll probably work better that way.

Sparrow
02-18-2006, 10:05 PM
Cool! *I realized my character didn't have the piece for whatsoever reason, now it makes sense :P.

I'll wait till the others appear before reacting to the appearance of this weird guy dressed up as if for the circus :P.

Jason Sanborn
02-18-2006, 10:12 PM
:lol:

Um, you know, I was thinking about the fragment situation. We may want to think it over a little more.

If the fragment disappears, what happens to it? It can't quite stay in the same place, or someone else could follow (such as Semual's master). But, then again, if it doesn't stay in the same place, what happens when we find the fragment on each world? How do we each transport to the next location, if the fragment vanishes after the first person touches it?

Sparrow
02-18-2006, 11:03 PM
Hmmmmm... *Here's an idea. *Feel free to hate it. *:P

What if the fragments get "activated" when they're touched by sentient creatures and then they banish to an unknown place where they will all be gathered by the end.

In doing so, the fragment sends the one or ones who activated it, to the next place where they can find another fragment and so on.

Of course, our guys won't have a clue. *They just know that by touching them, they get a sense as to where to look next wherever they arrive and that there's always a chance that the fragment sends them back to where they belong if they continue in this quest. *:whaat:

Jason Sanborn
02-18-2006, 11:10 PM
Here's another thought. What if the first fragment somehow becomes "embedded" in the character. This is what allows for the languages to be understood, allows the character to transport between dimensions safely, and allows them to locate the other shards. Then, when they find the shard in the dimension they are in, the person who takes it causes all the characters with shards to transport with them.

Baron Banter
02-18-2006, 11:37 PM
Never be able to figure out anything about my character from my entrance. Nope... *:P

Jason Sanborn
02-18-2006, 11:38 PM
:rofl:

And what kind of title do you get under your name, Dr. Smith?

Qwathings
02-18-2006, 11:42 PM
Maybe the shards have a certain amount of energy in them that is spent up when it travels between dimensions. Once this charge is spent the crystal becomes "out of tune" with reality, meaning they're invisible and intangible. They'll gravitate towards the person or persons that travelled to the other dimension with them, due to some unknown bond that developes between them during the travel process, so the shards will be with the characters even while they're not seen or felt.

This means that the shards that our characters need to find would be visible since they're not being used to travel, not yet.

Also the shards the characters already have become partially visible the closer they get to a fully charged crystal, which can act as a sort of compass to lead the characters to the next shard.

And the bond between character and their shard(s) will also grant them the translation ability as well as the ability to travel with someone else that's using a charged shard to travel to another reality. This way the group can stay together.

So it would go a little something like this:
1) Enter new universe, the shard's charge is spent sending the character here and so it vanishes.
2)The shard sometimes appears like a phantom crystal hovering in the direction of the shard that needs to be found. But not all the time, just at random.
3)They find the new shard and use it to travel to the next dimension. This uses up the new shards energy charge, making it invisible now. And anyone with a shard that's close by can travel with.

Although if someone gets seperated, or if we need someone to travel without finding and using a new shard, then this character has to wait for their powerless and invisible shards to simply recharge naturally. Once they've been given enough time without being used to travel a shard will recharge and become physical again. So the character can use it's energy to travel to another universe. This would be like the timer from Sliders, where the recharge time is completely random and the character can't go anywhere until the recharge time is completed.

Does this make sense? I tried to write it so it made sense. Believe me, my original idea was much, much, much more complicated (it involved the shards acting like sharpnel and leavin holes in reality, ugh).

Jason Sanborn
02-18-2006, 11:46 PM
It makes sense to me, and I like the idea.

Yay! It is so nice to see Gary returning to RP as well. :mrgreen:

Lairston
02-18-2006, 11:52 PM
Yay! It is so nice to see Gary returning to RP as well. :mrgreen:

Thanks! :D

gurglingooze
02-19-2006, 12:18 AM
As for the language barrier I figured we could just treat it like Star Trek and assume everybody speaks English.

Keeps the story moving, you know.

Trickle has posted.

He speaks English unless it is convenient for him not to.

Squidhead Jax
02-19-2006, 03:41 AM
the good idea found above

Yeah, I like it. *Especially the part where it's kind of like a mystical version of the Sliders timer.

Meteoro
02-19-2006, 08:46 AM
I also like Qwaring's explanation for the traveling and the fragment of the gem.

I also welcome Gary to the game.

Qwathings
02-19-2006, 09:22 AM
Thanks everyone, I'm glad you approve.

Yeah, I like it. ┬*Especially the part where it's kind of like a mystical version of the Sliders timer.
That would be only if a character has to relly on a crystal that they already have floating around them.

I figure that since the character's goal is to find the shards that have ended up in these other realities I figure these shards would already have a full charge that they can use to move on, because they'd have accomplished their mission and wouldn't have any reason to stick around much after that.

Although if the group wants to stay together they'd have to wait until all of them are gathered in one place so they could all leave together.

Also, maybe the shard that our characters are looking for in this current universe is possessed by some madscientist sort of person, someone that can study it and figure out all of the rules of these crystals so the crossover characters can learn about it from him.
First episodes always need at least one character that sets down all of the rules for the series.

Meteoro
02-19-2006, 11:22 AM
Just a question. *If the shards are already in someone's possession, how come they haven't crossed over as well?

And, about the Episode titling of the different episodes ( :P ), what if we decide to return to a particular Earth/thread? Or to continue that particular thread's storyline once the Crossovers have moved over? *One solution could be to place the "EPISODE" tag inside of the thread, in the first post of the beginning of said chapter in the story. *And as we enter a new episode, we can place place the next EPISODE tag name and add links for the previous episodes... *Does it make any sense? *I was thinking along the lines of what ComicBookResources and Newsarama do when they post the new comic book solicitations. *On top of each thread, there's a list of the previous solicitations. *:whaat:

Of course, this is only an idea, no need to like it :P.

Maj. James Panyk
02-19-2006, 11:40 AM
That's a good idea, M.

As for the crystals moving or not moving, I guess it's just random. Maybe it's responding to something within people. ┬*Maybe only certain people can activate the crystals without first knowing about them. The shards could just be more receptive to certain people, while needing more direct thoughts from everyone else.

So far a lot of our characters seem to have activated the crystal at a moment where they wanted or were gaining something. That could have been the initial trigger thought that activated them. And our characters are one of the few that can use the crystals with nothing more than those kinds of thoughts.

Or we can just say it's because of magic.

**Shrugs**

gurglingooze
02-19-2006, 12:54 PM
The Crystals should also be in Harmony with each other. That way if a group splinters off, we can rejoin the groups later by focussing on the others while sliding.

Just a thought.

Qwaring
02-19-2006, 01:06 PM
That's a good idea.

I suspect all of the crystals are in tuned to each other, which is how our characters are able to travel to universes that have the other shards in them, instead of just bouncing around at random. But homing in on specific crystals, like those that the other character possess, should just take a little concentration.

Squidhead Jax
02-19-2006, 01:57 PM
Thanks everyone, I'm glad you approve.

Yeah, I like it. *Especially the part where it's kind of like a mystical version of the Sliders timer.
That would be only if a character has to relly on a crystal that they already have floating around them.

Well yeah, exactly. *Useful safety valve for if/when left behind.

Jason Sanborn
02-19-2006, 03:30 PM
I like all the ideas expressed here. We have enough to work on, I think. As to Q's comment about needing someone to set up the scenario for the crossovers, that's a good idea. I think that is a void that Mattson can fill, if he's interested. Here's my thought on that.

Janus has the Crossover Talisman, according to the Talisman list. Somehow, when the Crossover Talisman breaks, he knows of the unintended results. He gives some information about it to Traveller, before sending her off with a piece of the fragment. Just enough to get the ball rolling, without actually giving too much. (He's good at being mysterious). That should solve that problem as well.

Mattson
02-19-2006, 04:05 PM
Gamer telepathy. Was about what I figured for using Traveller. As for how it breaks, I'm thinking, I need to drop a PM to CK and ask if Malice can help with this. Rough idea is Janus tries to use it to banish Malice only to have it deflected. Figure if anything can shatter a gem, an antimatter explosion should do the trick.

Jason Sanborn
02-19-2006, 04:50 PM
Since the actual shattering can be handled ICly in the CG Universe, while just an overview (or a copy of) events can be added to a new thread in the Crossover Forum, you're welcome to start with Traveller after the gem was already shattered, since that is what we're doing.

((Ok, that was a horrible run on sentence. :whaat:))

Dagda
02-19-2006, 05:01 PM
CK has given the OK. I'll probably wait for a good opening before Janus makes a move. Traveller will post tonight with the facts as she has them.

Captain Kill
02-19-2006, 05:07 PM
Ok so I've been thinking about a character for this sl and I think I've got a rough idea on what I want to do. *For this guy I'm going to draw inspiration from a whole lot of sci fi games from Unreal to Advent Rising, to Halo. *So in my character's reality mankind is going to be on the brink of annihilation. *In his time mankind expanded to the stars and across the galaxy only to have their colonies fall one after another by an alien race, who I imagine will be kind of like the Skaarj from Unreal. *Earth is going to be enslaved in his time as well. *I'll figure out a name for him in a bit but he's going to be the captain of the Laviathan, the flag ship of the United Earth Defense Coalition, the last human resistance force in the galaxy. *His job is to protect a top secret research facility hidden within the rings of Saturn that serves as humanity's last hope for defeating these invaders. *I'm going to make him kind of like a drunk version of Nick Fury. *I also got a pretty good idea how he's going to be sent bouncing around alternate realities which involves many explosions and whatnot, but I don't want to spoil that just yet. *So is this guy doable?

Jason Sanborn
02-19-2006, 05:14 PM
Character sounds good to me, CK. ;)

Traveller
02-19-2006, 05:57 PM
Once I fully copy over the info and some explaination stuff, I'll let Traveller give some answers. Just have a game atm.

Meteoro
02-19-2006, 09:25 PM
Here's a quick post to tell you that I agree with everything :P.

I'm going to invite a friend that, I think, might like this kind of story. *Keep your eyes crossed because if he joins, we would be getting a very good new player for the forum ;).

Robert Kain
02-19-2006, 09:42 PM
Captain Kill here...Just made my first post with my character in the SL. *And I must say it was one beast of a post. *Everything you need to know about him is explained. *And Jason, feel free to do your label thing.

Jason Sanborn
02-19-2006, 10:35 PM
Beast of a post is right. Definately a great post, though. ;)

Now, I notice some characters are walking on alone, while others are with the main group. I think all the characters would be meeting up by the next post or two. It'll make it easier once Traveller wakes up and is able to tell everyone what is going on.

We definately have a colorful group here, should make quite the odd team. Look forward to seeing the other player join, M. 8)

Lairston
02-19-2006, 10:38 PM
Here's a quick post to tell you that I agree with everything :P.

I'm going to invite a friend that, I think, might like this kind of story. ┬*Keep your eyes crossed because if he joins, we would be getting a very good new player for the forum ;).

A new poster/player is always a good thing. :mrgreen:

Jason Sanborn
02-19-2006, 11:14 PM
It seemed natural that Semual would go to try to wake up Traveller for a couple of reasons. First, she is dressed like she could be from the same world as him (even though that isn't the case). Second, she's a female, and everyone else is a guy, well, and a Gloo that he's never seen before.

Karen
02-20-2006, 02:16 AM
Be sure to tell Karen at some point that you don't think she's a girl ;)

Mattson
02-20-2006, 02:39 AM
Sorry, Nico. Looks like the Traveller outshines you

(I swear she needs the staff. Just for the OOC Runaways jokes.)

Meteoro
02-20-2006, 09:32 AM
I already linked my friend to this place. *He might be arriving any time, now. *;) *

You better make him feel welcome :P.

Jason Sanborn
02-20-2006, 09:51 AM
Be sure to tell Karen at some point that you don't think she's a girl ;)
I was referring to the people already there. Karen's last post didn't establish her with the rest of the group. :razz: ;)

I already linked my friend to this place. *He might be arriving any time, now. *;) *

You better make him feel welcome :P.

You mean we can't use him for target practice? Ah shucks. :p

Captain Kill
02-20-2006, 10:15 AM
Sorry if my latest post in the thread is a bit inconsistent. *I'm still trying to figure out who exactly is with the group and who isn't.

Qwaring's clone#1
02-20-2006, 10:42 AM
Then lets do role-call.

Since nobody seems to have noticed him dropping out of the sky yet I'd say that Panyk is further down the highway than everyone else. Maybe fifteen minutes walking distance. He's probably a dozen meters away from the highway, on the north side if you must know. He's not close by anyone unless they want to be near him when he landed, which would make them further away from the others and closer to town.

Jason Sanborn
02-20-2006, 10:48 AM
Actually, Panyk was noticed by two people so far. ;)

Role Call: Semual is next to Traveller right now.

Maj. James Panyk
02-20-2006, 10:54 AM
Nevermind then. I read the OOC thread before the IC one.

Meteoro
02-20-2006, 11:04 AM
D got there first :P. *I have to catch up yet. *Haven't read the posts after Jas's ;).

Meteoro
02-20-2006, 11:06 AM
Oh, and Oxim (my friend), will be joining in the afternoon if work gives him a little room.

Maj. James Panyk
02-20-2006, 11:24 AM
**Points at Panyk and Oklahoma Smith.**

Now's the time when we figure out who the trigger happy members of the group are. :gun:

Maj. James Panyk
02-20-2006, 11:29 AM
Some of you might be wondering why an astronaut has a gun. I figure Panyk's from the height of the cold war and the space race, his capsule was meant to land out in the ocean and so he'd be given a few things to help him just in case he encountered enemy agents before he could get picked up by a U.S. ship. Plus, one malfunction could have landed him in enemy territory, so it's best to be prepared.

Jason Sanborn
02-20-2006, 11:54 AM
I didn't wonder. It made sense to me. And I think Kain might be in that Trigger Happy group as well, based on his bio. ;)

Qwathings
02-20-2006, 12:09 PM
Okay, I wanted to make sure everyone knew I didn't give him a gun just so he could shoot stuff.

Meteoro
02-20-2006, 01:17 PM
It just occured to me that it would be great to have an introductory post at the IC forum, maybe making it a sticky, telling what's the whole concept about. *

A very concise explanation so new players can get involved without having to read this whole OOC thread.

What do you think?

Jason Sanborn
02-20-2006, 01:34 PM
That will be happening, once Mattson works events out ICly with regards to the Crossover Talisman. The idea is that it will be sort of an overview kind of thread, talking about the destruction of the Crossover Talisman and how the players are pulled from their own realities and are trying to find their way home. ;)

Baron Banter
02-20-2006, 01:47 PM
**Points at Panyk and Oklahoma Smith.**

Now's the time when we figure out who the trigger happy members of the group are. :gun:

It is now in your court :P

Or possibly someone else who gets the drop on Smith now. hehe

Captain Kill
02-20-2006, 01:48 PM
Oh hell Kain has to get in on this.....

Meteoro
02-20-2006, 02:03 PM
Heehee. *I love the "crossover" sense of this story already. *They come from so many different backgrounds that it gets really colorful. *;).

By the way, since my character is from the late 80's, I'll be using lots of pop culture references, so be aware ;). *These are just the impressions of a teenage from the 80's stuck with a band of weirdoes.

Robert Kain
02-20-2006, 02:10 PM
Haha the thing I like about my character being from the future is that I can make up my own slang! *Hence the word "fracking," *which I blatantly stole from Battlestar Galactica, but its just a cool word anyway.

Sparrow
02-20-2006, 02:15 PM
Frack you!

:razz: M :razz:

Jason Sanborn
02-20-2006, 02:18 PM
Now, now, now. Behave, M. :razz:

;)

I'm enjoying this as well. Of course, it'll be nice when we get past the "we want to kill each other" stage. :lol:

Sparrow
02-20-2006, 02:20 PM
There's only the testosterone boys doing that. *The rest are just trying to figure out what is going on :whaat:

heehee.

Qwathings
02-20-2006, 02:33 PM
Panyk was shot out of the sky by a killer satilite, and his name is Panyk, so he has every right to want to shoot people in order to make sure he's safe.

Jason Sanborn
02-20-2006, 02:39 PM
Panyk is just panicked. :razz:

Baron Banter
02-20-2006, 02:39 PM
There's only the testosterone boys doing that. ┬*The rest are just trying to figure out what is going on :whaat:

heehee.

Smith wants that. It just so happens he has a gun. Unfortunately the future boys have issues and more powerful looking guns... :P

Meteoro
02-20-2006, 02:41 PM
The D guy can give them a Tarot reading, but I really doubt it would stop them.

:whaat: M :whaat:

Maj. James Panyk
02-20-2006, 02:47 PM
I was going to reply, but I think I'll wait until the others have had a chance to reply. With this many characters it's easy to leave people behind.

Jason Sanborn
02-20-2006, 02:49 PM
That, and it is supposed to be a slow to medium paced SL. ;)

Lairston
02-20-2006, 02:53 PM
oops

Jason Sanborn
02-20-2006, 02:58 PM
Shame on you Gary. You're on "time-out" now. Go into the corner and pout. :razz:

Lairston
02-20-2006, 03:03 PM
Harsh man harsh...

I suppose I am behind the grind. ;)

Sadeh
02-20-2006, 03:15 PM
:rofl:

Yeah, don't scare my friend away. *He hasn't posted yet!

:razz: M :razz:

Traveller
02-20-2006, 06:00 PM
Maybe the shards have a certain amount of energy in them that is spent up when it travels between dimensions. Once this charge is spent the crystal becomes "out of tune" with reality, meaning they're invisible and intangible. They'll gravitate towards the person or persons that travelled to the other dimension with them, due to some unknown bond that developes between them during the travel process, so the shards will be with the characters even while they're not seen or felt.

This means that the shards that our characters need to find would be visible since they're not being used to travel, not yet.

Also the shards the characters already have become partially visible the closer they get to a fully charged crystal, which can act as a sort of compass to lead the characters to the next shard.

And the bond between character and their shard(s) will also grant them the translation ability as well as the ability to travel with someone else that's using a charged shard to travel to another reality. This way the group can stay together.

So it would go a little something like this:
1) Enter new universe, the shard's charge is spent sending the character here and so it vanishes.
2)The shard sometimes appears like a phantom crystal hovering in the direction of the shard that needs to be found. But not all the time, just at random.
3)They find the new shard and use it to travel to the next dimension. This uses up the new shards energy charge, making it invisible now. And anyone with a shard that's close by can travel with.

Although if someone gets seperated, or if we need someone to travel without finding and using a new shard, then this character has to wait for their powerless and invisible shards to simply recharge naturally. Once they've been given enough time without being used to travel a shard will recharge and become physical again. So the character can use it's energy to travel to another universe. This would be like the timer from Sliders, where the recharge time is completely random and the character can't go anywhere until the recharge time is completed.

Does this make sense? I tried to write it so it made sense. Believe me, my original idea was much, much, much more complicated (it involved the shards acting like sharpnel and leavin holes in reality, ugh).

This is the working bits we are going with right?

Qwathings
02-20-2006, 07:17 PM
No one has objected, and those that did speak up about it said they agreed with it. But if anyone does object to that suggestion feel free to speak up.

Jason Sanborn
02-20-2006, 07:20 PM
Yup, that would be what we agreed upon. ;)

gurglingooze
02-20-2006, 07:35 PM
What Happened!

I spend a day with my family on the day day everyone gets the writing bug?

Man, I've got to catch up!

Meteoro
02-20-2006, 09:33 PM
We promise to slow down a bit :P. *We did really get the writing bug. *:shock: *With so many players, it's going to be a rough to keep this slow/middle paced :P.

:whaat: M :whaat:

gurglingooze
02-21-2006, 09:40 AM
Ok. I've caught up with all the posts and whipped one off on my own.

Trickle has a basic understanding of the problem and what has happened, he just thinks that someone did it either purposefully or was actually trying to get someone else.

When he realizes that he is there as a result of a catastrophic incident on Traveller's home-reality, he's not going to be happy.

Jason Sanborn
02-21-2006, 10:08 AM
I don't think anyone will be all that happy. :lol:

I'm loving everyone's posts. They're great! Semual is feeling a bit over his head here. And as I mentioned, Semual is very loosly based on Skeeve from the Myth books, by Robert Asprin. Its been years since I've read them, but there are still a few references that might pop up here and there (such as Demon being dimension traveller) as I remember them (and as appropriate). :whaat:

Planet M
02-21-2006, 10:20 AM
Looks like Oxim won't be joining this game. *He said all of a sudden he got an avalanche of work, so, he asked me to give him a little time. *I talked with him about starting a new game whenever he has the chance to join for good. *One slow paced this time :P.

So, you may be seeing him soon, but not right away.

Planet M
02-21-2006, 10:21 AM
By the way, I think it's about time to rename this thread: *The Crossovers OOC :P

Oh, and I'm loving this storyline so far ;).

Jason Sanborn
02-21-2006, 10:28 AM
Renamed to Crossovers (Sliders/Exiles Type SL) OOC Thread :mrgreen:

gurglingooze
02-21-2006, 01:44 PM
So where did the flurry of posts go?

I'm prepared. *8)
I'm ready. * :p
I'm anxious. *:D

Then.....Nothing. * * *:(

Meteoro
02-21-2006, 02:31 PM
They keep coming at a reasonable rate :P.

I guess one post per day would be more than healthy considering the number of players. *That is, unless you really feel like babbling with your character :P

Jason Sanborn
02-21-2006, 02:33 PM
I think 1-2 posts per day per character is reasonable. More in exception circumstances. :whaat:

gurglingooze
02-21-2006, 03:12 PM
That's a good rate. After yesterday I was expecting to do a lot of typing so I brought my Advil into the office with me.

Traveller
02-21-2006, 06:17 PM
Since I don't think Traveller's bio is anywhere near current, here is her history in breif.

Traveller was born Grace on Rashneal, a medievil world where Minity and Lord Mattson of the First were their gods. However, the First had forgotten of that world for ages and the people's beleifs changed over times. Grace was ment to become a sacrifice but saved by a man called Traveller, formerly Kino. He agreed to train her to survive and became fond of the girl. However, both were drug into a sceme by a Frist called Saja (the pale demon mentioned IC). Saja brought the First back to that world and times grew interesting then tragic. A rogue First killed the new friends Grace had and then the prior Traveller unleased a fire weapon that killed him. Somehow, Grace survived the inferno and resurfaced taking the name Traveller and Kino for herself. The cryptic entity known as Janus saved her and gave her the fire tatoo which lets her control the fire weapon.

Karen
02-21-2006, 10:56 PM
So where did the flurry of posts go?

I'm prepared. *8)
I'm ready. * :p
I'm anxious. *:D

Then.....Nothing. * * *:(

Hey, Karen petted you on the head! *That's something! *;)

Quaxo9
02-22-2006, 06:59 AM
*itches to jump in with an NPC*

But really, how much more trouble to you people need? :shifty:

gurglingooze
02-22-2006, 07:54 AM
Trickle's anger is temporary. He's going to stay grumpy, and condesending, but he'll be very helpfull (while reminding everybody just how helpful he is).

Oooh! I didn't respond to your character patting me on the head.

Here's an OOC response.

(Changes into Character)

:madcensored:

(changes back into GO)

There, that's done.

Maj. James Panyk
02-22-2006, 09:02 AM
*itches to jump in with an NPC*

But really, how much more trouble to you people need? :shifty:
Panyk's got a full gun and an extra clip worth of bullets to shoot at trouble.

Uhm, I mean, feel free to drop in with as much trouble as you like. We like trouble.

Karen
02-22-2006, 09:37 AM
Trickle's anger is temporary. He's going to stay grumpy, and condesending, but he'll be very helpfull (while reminding everybody just how helpful he is).

Oooh! I didn't respond to your character patting me on the head.

Here's an OOC response.

(Changes into Character)

:madcensored:

(changes back into GO)

There, that's done.

LOL, sweeeeet.

Captain Kill
02-22-2006, 10:42 PM
So uuh...can the Traveller try to respond to Kain's questions, because she hasn't really been paying attention to anything he has said. *And for the character's sake he kind of needs to know the answers.

Traveller
02-23-2006, 06:14 AM
On my way.

gurglingooze
02-23-2006, 09:34 AM
You beat me to it CK.

I was going to have Trickle hotwire the first car we came across.

He can drive, but he's just too small to reach the controls.

Either Oklahoma of D will have to drive it.

Driving with Kain will probably be......bumpy.

Jason Sanborn
02-23-2006, 09:40 AM
I can see Oklahoma stepping in front of Kain, saying "I'll drive" and the insuing chaos that follows. :lol:

Lairston
02-23-2006, 09:52 AM
I can see Oklahoma stepping in front of Kain, saying "I'll drive" and the insuing chaos that follows. :lol:

LOL

I was considering doing that.

Jason Sanborn
02-23-2006, 12:39 PM
A couple of things.

First: We're only about two miles outside of Palm Springs.

Second: When we drive (or walk) into the city, the first things are a few homes, but after that, there's a familiar restaurant to many who live (or visited) the US. Denny's (http://www.dennys.com/). They're always open. Might seem to be an inviting place to a bunch of lost dimension travellers. :lol:

Lairston
02-23-2006, 12:47 PM
Dang I had my heart set on here.
http://www.ci.palm-springs.ca.us/images/Golf-Course.jpg

Quaxo9
02-23-2006, 01:23 PM
Reminds me of a cemetary. :ermm:

gurglingooze
02-23-2006, 06:51 PM
Really? Whose funeral were you at? Rockefeller?

Quaxo9
02-23-2006, 07:04 PM
:P I don't know. It's the first thing that came to mind when I saw the picture....until I saw the golf cart. Maybe it was those whiteish things in the distance. It seems cold and surreal there too. :whaat:

Lairston
02-23-2006, 07:09 PM
LOL

I saw the trees and the pond and thought nice... hehe

Captain Kill
02-23-2006, 07:19 PM
Oh poo...no one wants to hop into the stolen car.....Ah well...

Baron Banter
02-23-2006, 07:31 PM
Oklahoma and I think Semual or someone else did.

Trickle
02-23-2006, 08:01 PM
Trickle is ready to go. When we get into town, I'll steal a proper car. ┬* :lol:

Captain Kill
02-23-2006, 08:35 PM
Haha.....76

Meteoro
02-23-2006, 09:30 PM
Behind, behind! *I'm so far behind!

Tomorrow I will catch up, I promise ;)

Captain Kill
02-24-2006, 05:36 PM
Ok so most people seem in favor of using the car except 2, what is it Yay or Nay?

Karen
02-24-2006, 06:28 PM
Karen's of the opinion 'Steal the car, hang onto the driver, and then give it back in whatever condition it ends up in.'

Captain Kill
02-24-2006, 06:39 PM
Ok so lets take the driver with us.....

gurglingooze
02-24-2006, 08:25 PM
We need to slide in style. When we get to palm springs, let's steal a strech minivan.

Sure, take the guy with us. We need transportation, but we have nothing against this guy.

Maj. James Panyk
02-25-2006, 10:14 AM
Panyk's crystal recharged and sent him on his way to some other universe. I thought I could keep up with another SL, but I've gotten real busy at work lately and have decided to cut back where I can. This SL just happened to have an easy way out.

Jason Sanborn
02-25-2006, 10:27 AM
We'd love to have you back when your time opens up a bit more, Q. :)

Qwathings
02-26-2006, 11:00 AM
Thanks, Jas.

Captain Kill
02-26-2006, 01:47 PM
Ok so I'm just waiting for Karen Semual and the Farmer dudes to hop on into the car and in my next post Kain will take off down the road.

gurglingooze
02-26-2006, 02:05 PM
So is it going to be a Beverly Hilbillies, Dukes oa Hazzard, or Demolition Derby kind of ride? * * :lol:

Captain Kill
02-26-2006, 02:23 PM
Think of Nascar in the middle of a city.......

gurglingooze
02-27-2006, 10:53 AM
Considering you come from so far ahead in the future, cars probably don't work the same. It'll be interesting to see how your guy copes with Pedals.

Steering and signalling are easy, but pedals need a certain touch and familiarity before you can use them properly.

I think we'll all be pretty bruised and banged up by the time we get to town. *:lol:

Captain Kill
02-27-2006, 01:34 PM
Oh I plan to have him screw up a few times trying to get the car to work.

Meteoro
02-27-2006, 03:53 PM
In order not to spread myself too thin, I might send D into the other Crossover storyline. *Not right away, of course, I would like to set up at least a quick bond with the rest of the crew, but thought it would be best to let you know already ;).

Karen
02-28-2006, 04:44 PM
*whistles innocently*

Eheh... for some reason, I'd thought I was already in the car.

^_^;;

Captain Kill
02-28-2006, 06:56 PM
Ah well I'm just going to assume everyone is in now for the sake of progressing the story. *I think we got everyone but D and the farmers, and seeing as M said he was taking D out of the game, we're left with one. *So feel free to just pretend you're already in the car for those of you who aren't.

Meteoro
02-28-2006, 07:28 PM
Haven't catched up yet. *My mind has been wandering a little too much :redface:. *Asume he's with all of your characters. *As I mentioned earlier, I want him to bond a little with the rest of the cast before removing him. *You know, it might be helful in the future ;).

Captain Kill
03-01-2006, 12:43 PM
So, I'm wondering where Kain should stop first. *I was thinking since everyone looks like they came out of Lord of the Rings or some sci-fi movie, they should stop at a mall and get new clothes. *Should be interesting to see the reactions of the characters from earlier times. *Though I think we might have to put Trickle in a baby carriage or something...

gurglingooze
03-01-2006, 02:59 PM
Doh! * *:doh:

Traveller
03-03-2006, 06:13 AM
Doing my best to give D a connection and answer a few questions now that Kino isn't bouncing all over thanks to the ride.

Kain obviously learned to drive at the anime school for bad driving. Yukari class imoo. (for those who haven't seen/read AzuManga Diaoh, Miss Yukari is a very very scary bad driver but loves to drive)

gurglingooze
03-03-2006, 08:12 AM
Sounds like my wife. (Looks over his shoulder to make sure she isn't there...phew!)

Jason Sanborn
03-09-2006, 10:07 AM
Ok. I've recreated the Episode 1 thread and linked it to the archives (and from the archives to the live thread). We're ready to continue here. :)

gurglingooze
03-14-2006, 02:41 PM
M,

are you still planning your alternate reality thread for your two newbies?

Meteoro
03-14-2006, 04:25 PM
Yup. The OOC thread is in this same room. It's called "The Crossovers' Hunt" ;).

Oxim already signed up and he's planning his character. And Prometeo basically talks with me about it and he's going to post about his character soon ;).

8) M 8)

gurglingooze
03-14-2006, 09:14 PM
Oh! How did I miss that!

What will I be playing?

Meteoro
03-14-2006, 09:35 PM
Well, there's only one post in that thread at the moment. :whaat: Oxim is being unusually shy, but he's around. And Prometeo is here planning... I will be translating his posts into English anyway. :)

8) M 8)

Jason Sanborn
03-20-2006, 03:56 PM
I'm curious as to who we still have here. Feel free to post here as to the status of your character, so we can get it moving again. ;)

Semual is here, he's just on the ground weak from the motion-sickness.

gurglingooze
03-20-2006, 04:32 PM
I think that game thread is dead at the moment. :dunno:

Jason Sanborn
03-20-2006, 04:36 PM
That happens sometimes. That's why I'm seeing who's still involved and interested, to breathe life back into it. ;)

Elixia
03-20-2006, 05:43 PM
Traveler is still around. Just been busy or creatively fried lately.

gurglingooze
03-20-2006, 11:05 PM
I'll probably stick around this game for a while (if it takes off). I like the character I'm playing and want to see where things go from here.

Janus
04-06-2006, 10:50 PM
So who is waiting on who currently?

Jason Sanborn
04-06-2006, 10:58 PM
I don't know what happened. Semual answered Kino. No one else has posted. :whaat:

gurglingooze
04-07-2006, 08:20 AM
I don't want to post too often, but I'm still in the shadows waiting my turn.

Janus
04-07-2006, 06:02 PM
Been feeling the same. CK or BB, you still around?

Jason Sanborn
05-11-2006, 04:51 PM
Ok, looks like we have Kino, Karen, Trickle and Semual left in this SL. Kain's sudden departure through the roof gave the police an easy target to follow, allowing us to regain some semblence of order for this SL, and get it moving forward again.

The mall connects to a hotel that we can use to regroup and move forward. Since I'll be gone on vacation, there might be a temporary hold, but you are welcome to continue to move forward with minor conversations and regrouping, assuming that Semual will be coming along.

In the meantime, anyone else interested in joining the SL? We used to have Gary, but it appears he has vanished from RP again. :whaat:

Ralthric
05-13-2006, 07:21 PM
I had an idea for a character that would bring the whole Soviet thing more into the forefront. Sort of a Red Alert type psychic Comissar sent to oversee a pick up of some supplies valueable to the Arabic alliance, but is betrayed only to end up alone in a hostile land and could not even call on aid from his former country, thinking he is a traitor.

From what I read of the story, this character would definately be a little dark for the story you're doing.

Karen
05-14-2006, 07:41 PM
You could be a Russian from a future world running around looking for nuclear wessels! ;)

gurglingooze
05-16-2006, 10:38 AM

Jason Sanborn
05-22-2006, 02:54 PM

I'm not too sure if it would be too dark. This SL wasn't necessarily meant to be a light SL. We do have our humorous parts (like Trickle, for one). ;)

I think the character would be a good one. Would he be an addition to the Crossover Team as well, do you think?

Ralthric
05-22-2006, 06:56 PM
Well one would hope he would be with the team, since I don't want to be an island in the RP or what ever. But from what I seen, other than Kain things seemed to be a little light there but if you think he'll fit, I'd jump in. Just wonder if it would be alright to have a character not from an alternate universe :P

Jason Sanborn
05-22-2006, 08:13 PM
If no one else objects, I'd say jump right in whenever you're ready. I think it will be fine, as this could be the event that causes him to become part of the Crossovers. At the current time, he wouldn't have a Crossover fragment, but would get the one from this dimension as everyone leaves this dimension onto the next. ;)