PDA

View Full Version : 24 Discussion - Spoilers

Lairston
03-03-2006, 06:45 PM
So what's everyone think of the season so far? I was pretty amazed at the quick death of Nevison. And also that Peter Weller's character actually was bad. He had me fooled. How about you?

Millennium
03-07-2006, 09:13 AM
I'm digging this season as well. What rocked for me was the surprise death last night. I won't spoil it for anyone who hasn't seen it but all I can say was that it was from left field. I didn't see that one coming.

Lairston
03-07-2006, 09:20 AM
Completely surprised me too!

And when Jack shot, I think Margerie, in the leg surprised me as well. I was expecting Charles to get his kneecap blown off.

Millennium
03-07-2006, 09:30 AM
Gotta love the writers. To have Jack do that just put a wicked smile on my face. They have him doing some off-the-wall stuff (but completely feasible) to get what he needs.

And with that surprise death, did you see that moment between that person and another CTU operative when the grim reality set in? Absolutely heartbreaking and priceless in teh same breath!

Lairston
03-07-2006, 09:36 AM
Yes I did. It was a great scene. With their interaction, I expected the two of them to have a thing at some point. So much for that prediction.

Millennium
03-07-2006, 10:05 AM
You're not the only one who expected them to hook up somehow.

Now Kim on the other hand. She could have gotten a strong pimphand for her reaction to her father. She was a brat then and remains a brat still.

Lairston
03-07-2006, 11:08 AM
Totally agree on Kim...

Her part in the second season was really bad... Did you care about that kid she was babysitting?

Millennium
03-07-2006, 11:20 AM
Ummm, no. But that's just the kinda guy that I am. 8)

Speaking of, how about that kid from earlier on this season? The one who's moms got a jones for Jack? Three episodes in and I was wanting the terrorists to fill him with so much lead...

And then there's the president. If he ain't the limpest noodle out there... His wife has got more gonads than he does.

Lairston
03-07-2006, 02:44 PM
LOL

Yeah that kid got on my nerves after he followed Jack. I was ok with him when he was just concerned about his mother. But the following Jack just turned him into a nuisance.

And I think its the president that should be on drugs not the First Lady :1:

Millennium
03-08-2006, 06:33 AM
The First Lady is one of the coolest characters on the show. She even has her own creepy music. Whenever she's about to do something trippy, they've got that weird violin sound that plays in the background. LOL

But if you took a closer look in that last episode when the lockdown happened, I think Charles is in the same quarantine room that Tony is in. That's gonna be good.

Lairston
03-08-2006, 09:19 AM
I never noticed the First Lady's music. I'll have to watch closer...

I just hope Tony doesn't do something to get labeled a traitor again. LOL

Millennium
03-08-2006, 09:35 AM
Well, let's take a look at that. Tony got branded a traitor initially over Michelle about two seasons ago.

Now Michelle's dead.

Tony is already unhinged mentally because of Michelle's death. And a person who is linked to that death is locked in the same room with him. Seemingly unconscious.

Yeah. Sucks to be Charles. LOL

Millennium
03-14-2006, 05:46 AM
I guess it doesn't suck to be Charles after all. :eh:

And the deathtoll just keeps rising.

Samwise Gamgee and Tony bit it last night. Both were emotional deaths that struck a nerve. Samwise even went out like a man. And the look on Jack's face... wow. This has got to be the roughest 24 hours yet, specifically for him.

Lairston
03-14-2006, 06:40 AM
I can't believe that Charles did what he did... :doubt:

Why did Tony survive the blast in the opener if he was just going to die? Man... Talk about being cruel to us fans...

Lynn's death on the other hand was great. To bad they couldn't come up with a similar death for Tony.

Something tells me that Charles is going to be in for a slow and painful death.

KyleLitke
03-16-2006, 01:13 AM
That's crap!!! Tony is my favorite character! :realmad: :realmad: :realmad:

But hold on. I haven't seen it yet but in the review I read, they seem to be under the impression he hasn't died yet. It looks like he's dying but it always looks like someone's dying. Is he actually dead yet, or do we not know?

Millennium
03-16-2006, 07:31 AM
I gotta a question. Do you guys mind if we spoke about this openly? While I can keep this spoileriffic, it can get a bit grating if that's all we're doing. It's like we're having a secret conversation. :lol:

Lairston
03-16-2006, 08:01 AM
Well I was doing it because you did it :P

Once I've seen it its no longer spoiled for me ;)

And there's no way in the world I'm not seeing an episode of 24 as it airs.

So I don't mind. :mrgreen:

KyleLitke
03-16-2006, 10:13 AM
Go ahead, I have classes on Monday nights this year so I can't watch. I get all my info through spoilers. I'd say just change the topic name to add a *Spoilers* thing at the end or something.

Millennium
03-16-2006, 10:28 AM
Excellent. 8)

This is Season 5. :lol: We should know by now that the writers love to do cruel things like this. Hell, I'm still torqued about Michelle's passing. But with Tony, I was very happy that he was able to get some semblance of a happy ending at the end of last season. And now this. But Kyle does bring up something interesting. Tony might still be alive. When he was going to kill Charles before, he was going to do it with a gun. Ready, aim, fire, six feet under. So why did he switch to a needle when he decided to commit? We don't know what liquid he used, so it's a possibility...

Lairston
03-19-2006, 05:03 AM
I wondered why he went to a needle as well...

I don't know. It would be nice if he was still alive.

Although there was an article in one of the NY papers saying that Tony and Lynn were both going to die in that night's episode. I saw that posted on the 24 messageboard. Although it might be something that was planted by the producers too...

Lairston
03-28-2006, 10:51 AM
So how far into the next episode do you suppose their going to try to make us think Jack is dead...

And just what we need... a computer person that sees sexual harassment everywhere. Should be interesting the first time Jack glares at her.

James Grasselli
03-28-2006, 05:06 PM
Any second longer than a minute is too long... unless he actually is dead (ha).

I suspect there's a different reason behind the ending to last night's episode rather than "Jack's dead!" stuff (again). Otherwise I'll be a bit annoyed.

Millennium
03-29-2006, 08:34 AM
They're gonna drag it out. I just get that feeling. They'll have you bouncing around on the other storylines (The Limp Pres, Charles, The Ex-Pres' brother, Martial Law and it's effect on the hood, etc.) until Jack emerges from the ashes two episodes later.

The Techie is a fun addition to CTU though. Did you see Chloe's face when she made that comment about Bill? Priceless.

Millennium
04-04-2006, 07:37 AM
Well.

Guess I was wrong. They cleared up that "Is Jack dead?" issue real quick. Which I'm glad about. Made more room for more important things like....

8) LIMP NOO-DLE! LIMP NOO-DLE!

Wow. Guess the Pres isn't a limp noodle after all. The conniving bum had me (and I suspect the whole viewing audience) buying into his limpness so good that when the cliffhanger came, my wife and I just sat there with our mouths open in disbelief. Now I have a good reason to hate him as opposed to just finding his character wildly annoying and slightly comical. The First Lady might not be wearing the pants in that relationship after all.

Gave some thought this morning that the Pres Limp/Henderson dynamic could be an intersting and twisted mirror version of the cool Palmer/Bauer dynamic that we've had the first four seasons. Just seeing Charles reporting to him on the phone like that in the end reminded me of that.

Audrey. That girl is just... I don't know. Her loyalty is just twisted. Yes, she did what she did to help Jack but that was just rotten. Screwed poor Bill and didn't even ask him if he minded.

Found Jack's line to Wayne hilarious... "Yes, you were a Marine, but you've never been in combat".

All in all, the tangled web got a WHOLE lot more tangled this week. I'm loving it.

Lairston
04-04-2006, 12:32 PM
I was disappointed by the revelation of that it was president logan. Now I don't see how his reaction to Cummings makes sense when they were alone in the room and Logan called him a traitor...

I liked that line to Wayne as well. I was expecting Wayne to die though when that started. I'm glad he didn't. I've had enough death for this year LOL

Millennium
04-04-2006, 12:57 PM
UNLESS...

Logan is more disturbed than his wife, or...

Logan didn't know that Cummings was in on it and was covering his own backside. If that's the case, then Logan may be another unwitting pawn in a grander plan, or something else that we haven't thought of yet.

Vampyre Lestat
04-04-2006, 01:44 PM
Multiple reasons

1) Cummings didn't know the true plan. (Remember..the syntox was supposed to be sent to a terrorist camp abroad)
2) Cummings didn't know Logan was involved. (See point 1)
3) Logan is structuring this so he can be perceived as a Hero when his people saves the day. CTU being absorbed allows any facts that might tie to him to be erased in the transition.

This is brilliant.

Logan knows that Palmer is an excellent president..part of which is because his actions during a major crisis. So he creates his own.

Think about the times Logan went batty....they were all times that things didn't go according to plan. When his wife entered the motorcade. Think about his willingness to deal with the terrorists..all part of HIS plan..even if the Terrrorists didn't know.

Look at it like the mob.

Look at each section like a terrorist cell. They don't know who is calling the shots..they just know what their orders are.

Hes using terrorist methods to run the government.

Great stuff.

Millennium
04-05-2006, 10:30 AM
Interesting ideas there. And an avenue that I hadn't considered yet.

But I'm not sure if I'm entirely sold on the idea of Pres Limp masterminding all this though. He's still too flaccid IMO (pun not intended). I hope they show a clearer indication of this side of him next ep.

Lairston
04-05-2006, 11:40 AM
That is an interesting way to look at it Jeff. Hmm... Ok. I'm giving the writers the benefit of the doubt that this is how they want us to perceive it because I like this plan.

girch
04-11-2006, 10:23 PM
I'm keeping my eyes closed, as I'm only in season 2 (thank goodness for dvds!), but I figured this might be something you'd all be interested in:

Sutherland gets $40M for 3 more seasons of '24' (http://www.cbc.ca/story/arts/national/2006/04/10/jack-bauer.html)

And he's getting an Executive Producer credit...the headline is linked to the article.

And now I'm leaving this thread and won't return until I saturate myself in 24 dvds over the summer...see you then. :P

Millennium
04-18-2006, 08:20 AM
Well, guess that the last two episodes have me sold on Jeff's idea. You're right, great stuff.

But you can tell that Logan is starting to fall apart from all the pressure this is causing. He's starting to make a lot of mistakes and people are noticing. His lies are getting bigger and bigger. When his house of cards finally falls on him, I'm gonna have a hearty laugh...

Audrey's father got what he deserved. Don't get me wrong, I did find his reasoning for why he did what he did plausible. Just the way he went about it wasn't thought out too well...

Nobody thought about making a few copies of that tape? Sigh...

Sucks to be Audrey. That's all I have to say about that...

I miss Psycho First Lady. Bring her back.

Lairston
04-18-2006, 12:44 PM
Something tells me Pyscho First Lady is going to be back...

And when she does return... no more traitorous president.

Taps

Lairston
04-26-2006, 10:49 AM
So will the plane survive Jack's boarding or what?

AMP
05-03-2006, 10:28 AM
Not if the Logan has something to say about it giving next week's preview. This guy is slipping up in a major way. It's gonna be a riot when all of this catches up with him.

The First Lady is disappointing me. She hasn't turned psycho yet. More to the point, it almost looks like she's about to commit suicide. Can't imagine any other reason why she would want her meds when she's been against taking them. Plus that last phone call to her hubby almost sounded like a cry for help.

Audrey's pops went out like a champ.

Mike is a bit slow on the uptake this season, isn't he? He's like two seconds away from getting a clue at any given time, but he just won't take the bait.