Quarrels and Quills - The Play by Post Role-Playing Community - Powered by vBulletin
Page 2 of 36 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Don't you mean 9?
    John

Lord Mattson, LM, Matts, its all the same.
    ...to the topTop

Re: Final Fantasy RP?

Re: Final Fantasy RP?

probability,like I said don't know much about FF.
    it's the one with the school,and your first thing is to leave the school and go to the testing ground where if you pass you get that fire creature.
    EJs list of Victums

Death Kiss
    Shiva
    Grace
    ...to the topTop

That is 8 but everyone in there is human. In 9 there are at least 3 humaniod races that have player characters.

I'll give a break down starting with Americian 3 aka 6 to 10 aka X. Which cover the FFs known and beloved by most.

3 centers around Espers (monsterous beings from another realm), Megitech (anunholy fusion of magic and science), and three statues. It has many classic characters still beloved today who fit the cliche roles I mentioned above, the right amount of side quests(IMOO), and not one but two villians you love to hate(Kefka and Ultros).

7 is probably the best known FF game if solely for the Advant Children movie. It sets the standard for all FFs to follow as far as character roles. Also features one of the most shocking deaths in an FF story.

8 is a game thats caused a lot of strong opinions. Many LOVE it but just as many loath it. Not much middle ground. I like its visual style better then 7 but really find the main character dull.

9 tries to go retro and succeeds. I haven't beaten it and it doesn't seem to get much attention all around.

X is the second best known and the first to have a sequel set in the same world. Probably my favorite overall. The sequel game has people who love and hate it much like 8 but I found it fun.
    ...to the topTop

Founder Jason Sanborn is offline Jason Sanborn's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    The reason I dislike 8 was because I made it all the way the end of the game, fought the boss for 3 hours one night, then was wiped out. I wanted to throw my PS2 out the window after that happened. Instead, I just shelved FF8 and haven't played it since. More recently, I've wanted to go back to it and try from the beginning, just haven't had the time. Besides, with the release of FF12, I've been wanting to pick that one up.
    QC1: From this day forth you shall be called "Sprinkle Berryweather".

Kevin Flynn: The Grid. A digital frontier. I tried to picture clusters of information as they moved through the computer. What did they look like? Ships, motorcycles? Were the circuits like freeways? I kept dreaming of a world I thought I'd never see. And then, one day... ...I got in!

...to the topTop

Founder Jason Sanborn is offline Jason Sanborn's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Oh, and this game does interest me very much (I love FF), but I've got to see where I'm at with my active characters after the holidays. I don't want to run myself too thin.
    ...to the topTop

I liked FF8 for the most part. Although the ending confused me.

FF9 is good but for some reason people don't like it that much. It had a good story and the main relationship was very believeable.
    "God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, Courage to change the things I can, And wisdom to know the difference." Reinhold Niebuhr
    ...to the topTop

Okay so Jacen makes 4.

Jas you are welcome to join if you find the time.

As for the storyline. It can be a mix of the different games or it could based on a certain one. I was thinking more a mix of key elements for those who haven't played FF games that much.
    ...to the topTop

In general the plot for an FF game works with something that seems small but is the tip of the iceberg (Terra being sent to capture the Esper, Cloud being hired to take out the Mako factory, the training mission, the assult on Zanerkand) this follows with a meeting of some of the main characters who get thrown into the path via fate (Locke, Areith, Selphie, Yuna) and then an unfolding of the main plot and a start on the road to global destruction. More characters join in (usually) and powerful magics are discovered. The past of some characters will usually tie to the present dangers and a major bad will start making their lives more difficult.
    ...to the topTop

Yup that pretty much sums it up well.

So who actually wants to be the main hero of our story?
    ...to the topTop

buymearing
    Gypsy
    hi,

i would like to play, if at all possible, but not the main character hero....

i am very much familiar with FF, as i've played them all at least twice....and am currently 140 hours into 12 (great game BTW).

not sure what type of style this game will be like, as i have come here from RPZ.

if you will have me, i would love to try my hand at this....

thanks
    ...to the topTop

Page 2 of 36 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast