Quarrels and Quills - The Play by Post Role-Playing Community - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 36 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: [OOC] Abducted!

[OOC] Abducted!

[OOC] Abducted!

Ooze asked me to plan something new to get things moving and also have something that could motivate old RPZ players (and new) to join. Considering it should be something that appeals basically any taste in genre and stuff, I've been working on a mix of ideas I had for other storylines that never launched and some stuff I saw on TV and movies. So, if you like, the concept is a mix of shows like 4400 and Taken, spiced with stuff from the movie The Island and even a couple of things from the Dr. Who series. Of course, I added a little something to make it original.

Anyway. Tomorrow I'll write the concept and add it in here. For now, this is just a teaser . Oh, and the name of the game is: Abducted!
    ...to the topTop

Re: Abducted!

Quote Originally Posted by Meteoro\";p=\"12539
    and even a couple of things from the Dr. Who series.
    NO! NO! NOT THE D-WORD!

IGNORE THAT SERIES. IT IS ALL LIES AND PROPAGANDA ON THE PART OF THE GALLIFREYANS, ANYWAY.
    ...to the topTop

Can I be Peet Townshend?
    Irony, it's like goldy and bronzy only it's made out of iron.

GO
    ...to the topTop

Heehee, basically, you can be anyone. And the Dalek could be the evil assistan, too .

Anyway, I'm going to write down the proposal. I'll do my best to keep it simple.
    ...to the topTop

((I will edit this post according to any changes or updates in basics of this game.))

Abducted!

The Concept:

There's this man (yet to be named) from the future with a very specific goal in mind. He has to prevent a catastrophe. And to do so, he will do anything within his power to change his timeline, no matter who he has to destroy or who he has to help. His M.O. is to abduct people, creatures, even entire families from different locations and time frames, and he will take them to an island located in between time and space where he will perform different activities on them, whether to maim them, kill them or to motivate them to become leading figures or heroes.

The setting:

The island is yet to be named. It is located in between time and space and only this man coming from the future can open a gateway to lead them in or out. The island contains different towns to make some of the arrivals comfortable. Towns from the future, woods, a small floating city, any kind of architecture can be found in here.

Your character:

You can be basically anyone. From an elf to a space cadet, even a God, a farmer or a vampire. All of them have been abducted and have no way to leave the island, unless the man from the future says so. Some will be meant to suffer, others to grow, and within this diverse community, some will be allowed to interact.

Evolving:

Some of the characters can be returned to their own realities starting their own plots. The events that went at the island can be removed from their memories to favor the plots, or can be kept intact. That's up to the player. This way, this storyline can work as a nest for new and upcoming storylines.

Feel free to post any question or suggestion. This idea is open for any modification.
    ...to the topTop

Character Mortin Steel is offline Mortin Steel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Meteoro\";p=\"12548
    ((I will edit this post according to any changes or updates in basics of this game.))

Abducted!

The Concept:

There's this man (yet to be named) from the future with a very specific goal in mind. He has to prevent a catastrophe. And to do so, he will do anything within his power to change his timeline, no matter who he has to destroy or who he has to help. His M.O. is to abduct people, creatures, even entire families from different locations and time frames, and he will take them to an island located in between time and space where he will perform different activities on them, whether to maim them, kill them or to motivate them to become leading figures or heroes.

The setting:

The island is yet to be named. It is located in between time and space and only this man coming from the future can open a gateway to lead them in or out. The island contains different towns to make some of the arrivals comfortable. Towns from the future, woods, a small floating city, any kind of architecture can be found in here.

Your character:

You can be basically anyone. From an elf to a space cadet, even a God, a farmer or a vampire. All of them have been abducted and have no way to leave the island, unless the man from the future says so. Some will be meant to suffer, others to grow, and within this diverse community, some will be allowed to interact.

Evolving:

Some of the characters can be returned to their own realities starting their own plots. The events that went at the island can be removed from their memories to favor the plots, or can be kept intact. That's up to the player. This way, this storyline can work as a nest for new and upcoming storylines.

Feel free to post any question or suggestion. This idea is open for any modification.
    sounds cool

Quote Originally Posted by Meteoro
    Evolving:

what if,when the future person takes there memory is wiped as soon as they leave the island but sometimes a few retain ether the hole or bits and peaces of there memory remain.
    ...to the topTop

The idea is just that. Depending on the path they want to take for their storyline, they can whether remember what happened on the island, or just get rid of it.

The Abducted! storyline, while being an integral roleplay game, can also serve as the launching point for new ones in a way that the same posters can decide their directions.
    ...to the topTop

buymearing
    Gypsy
    i like M gimme a few days to see if i can add anything to this...it's giving me some side ideas..especially since "battle royale" is one of my fav movies.......
    ...to the topTop

Sure! This is an idea in the building, so any suggestion is mostly welcome.
    ...to the topTop

buymearing
    Gypsy
    one thing for sure, i see factions and rivalries in this thing, raids by other clans and such....this may be cool, like green lantern mosaic meets battle royale...
    ...to the topTop

Page 1 of 36 12311 ... LastLast