Quarrels and Quills - The Play by Post Role-Playing Community - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast
    [IC] Identities: Aboard a Chrodos Valkyrie Gunship

[IC] Identities: Aboard a Chrodos Valkyrie Gunship

Previously…

The new batch of abductees arrived to the island stuck in between time and space, and new alliances started being forged. A group of men and women with nothing in common, got stuck together by the chances of fate; where would this meeting lead?

Braddick: A killer of entire worlds was sentenced to death in the dark world of Tartarus, when Mahn took him and brought him to the island stuck in between time and space. A man with no soul, used to make a point by killing, Braddick started the slaughter in the primitive village as they arrived. A mission was imposed to him, an apparent impossible mission: "Only killing someone dear to you will grant you a way out of the island, nothing more, nothing less."

Melias: A woman with a wonderful gift that granted her to give life to her every drawing, Melias felt as much cursed as blessed. Taken from a conservative world, she was brought to the island by Mahn and given a mission as well: "You have to soften the heart of the killer and your destiny will be fulfilled."

MICU-2829: A cyborg, obsolete in his time, was taken from his world when he was about to be destroyed. He died once a man and had been granted a new life in the shape of a cyborg, now, on the verge of a new death, he had been given another chance at living. Uncertain of what his mission could be, he wanted answers.

Ryan: An apparent unimportant man with delusions of grandeur, Ryan was taken from his world leaving not much behind; although the ripples of his absence already started to be felt. As he arrived to the island, he saw an opportunity to be someone, and calling himself a superhero, he started his quest for dignity.

Eva Marie Saint: Already at the island when the new abductees arrived, she hid until she was discovered by MICU-2829, and later by Ryan, Braddick and Melias. She had been at the island apparently for a long time. She had seen Mahn manipulate others and could be of some help to the others, if only she could put her head together…

Two destinies were apparently tied together, as Braddick's and Melias' missions seemed to be a match, but were they right to believe it? Was really Melias the one to become dear to Braddick? Was Braddick the killer whose heart needed to be softened by Melias?

Just as Ryan, MICU-2829 and Eva Marie were stuck together with no clue as to what to do next, or would they?
    ...to the topTop

Re: [IC] Abducted!: Identities

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Kill\";p=\"13995
    Braddick

When Melias entered the bathroom, Braddick could be found standing over the sink, nearly half naked. The numerous scars and battle wounds on his upper body were clearly visible to the woman. One could not go through so much war and bloodshed as Braddick had and come out of it without a mark on him. He was a bit surprised when the woman entered. She was either incredibly brave, or incredibly stupid. Either way, her words perked the killer's curiosity. And so he simply turned his head towards Melias and spoke.

"What do you think you know about my heart?"
    Melias

Melias watched Braddick's scars in silence, feeling a wave of pain and fear at the same time. He should have lived such horrible things to be marked like that and even if she did experience wars outcomes and its deep sadness, aches shaked her silently.

"I... I do not know so to speak, sir." She paused a second keeping her eyes closed. "I feel... I see."
    "When I looked at you standing upon the dead villagers, tainted with their blood ,oh by the Muse, I saw yours instead.

She stopped, resting her hand on her chest.

"Your will to live... you have lost so many and so much, haven't you warrior man?"

Melias was standing against the mirror, facing Braddick and her silence echoed the sadness she felt. At the same time, a thought whispered in her mind. The paintings... he has to see. I have to know...
    ...to the topTop

Braddick

"Yes well....I don't bleed easily..."

Braddick finished washing the blood from his body and put his prison issue shirt back on. He needed to find some new clothes. He could hear everything the three next door were saying. None of them were going to be of any use to him. The fake superhero and emotionally distrought black and white woman were simply dead weight. And the cyborg would be about as useful as a trashcan. He needed to find a way to the floating city...If there was anything, a data bank, or a mainframe in this world that would help him figure out how to beat the jigsaw man, it would be there. So far, however, Braddick hadn't seen anything on the ground with the technology capable of flight. But for the time being, this woman seemed oddly curious about him. Normally when he encountered women, they tended to cower in fear or run in the other direction. But this one stayed. She was obviously still afraid, Braddick could sense that, but somehow she still remained curious...

" My entire race was hunted down and exterminated...And as far as I know, I'm the last of my kind...So to say I have lost "many" is an understatement...But why do you even care anyway?"
    ...to the topTop

MrOuija
    Gypsy

MICU-2829 pauses and looks at both Ryan and Eva Marie Saint. After a brief moment, he looks directly at Ryan.

You call yourself a hero. The truth of that claim is yet unknown. One does not have to be super to be a hero. I've seen ordinary men and women do very heroic things when necessary.
    Ryan
    "That's easy to say coming from a man who's part machine. How much does that hardware enhance your strength and endurance? On my world, my power dwarfs all others. It's harder to be a hero when I actually have reason to be afraid. You wouldn't be so confidant and judgmental if your mortality had been increased a hundredfold like mine has.

Terron (Ryan's Homeworld)

Fred had worked at Super-Mart for 25 years as a bagger. He was even there the day little baby Ryan had been left behind, and that's why seeing Ryan everyday at work had always brought a smile to his face. When Ryan suddenly stopped coming to work, no one else seemed to care; his name slipped off the schedule and his locker was reassigned.

When Fred asked the others, "What happened to Ryan?" They'd shrug him off and frown, sympathizing with his disability.

"Poor Fred," they'd say, "there's no Ryan working here."
    ...to the topTop

Founder Jason Sanborn is offline Jason Sanborn's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    [img=left]http://www.quarrelsandquills.com/album_pic.php?pic_id=257[/img]MICU-2829

MICU-2829's emotionless expression and tones never changed. He simply looked back at Ryan as he responded to his statements.

My words were simply a matter of known facts. They were not intended to be judgemental. Being a hero doesn't come from physical strength and endurance. It comes from something inside that pushes you beyond normal limits, that allows you to face adversity, despite your fears. Being a hero is simply a matter of character.
    QC1: From this day forth you shall be called "Sprinkle Berryweather".

Kevin Flynn: The Grid. A digital frontier. I tried to picture clusters of information as they moved through the computer. What did they look like? Ships, motorcycles? Were the circuits like freeways? I kept dreaming of a world I thought I'd never see. And then, one day... ...I got in!

...to the topTop

[img=left]http://www.quarrelsandquills.com/album_pic.php?pic_id=260&full=true&user_id=31[/img] Eva Marie Saint

As if gaining some sense of clarity, Eva grabbed MICU's and Ryan's hands. "Do you want to be true heroes?" She took a deep breath as a sense of determination was taking over her. "We can find what our 'missions' are. It might not be nice, it can be even traumatizing, but that's the only way out of this nightmarish island."

"There's a floating city right over there." She pointed through the window, towards the sky. "It's known for a fact that there's a woman over there who knows everyone's missions."

"We have to go over there."
    ...to the topTop

MrOuija
    Gypsy

Ryan

Ryan turns to the cyborg, "A hero is someone who saves someone. You know for an android you've got an awfully romanticized idea of a hero."

Then to Eva, "That sounds like a great plan Eva, but how do we get there? Normally I'd fly, but Mahn has taken my power from me. Is there an elevator?"

Terron (Ryan's homeworld)

"I'm looking for a man. He was left here as a child, about twenty years ago. Have you seen him?" the scrawny old man asks the cashier.

"Uhm, I just started here last week. Would you like me to get the manager sir?"

"Was he left here as a child?"

"I don't know sir, you can ask him when he comes up."

The young girl calls over the intercom for a manger as Fred walks up to the giant man. "You want Ryan," he says, "No one remembers Ryan. I remember Ryan, he was never scared. I found him and he didn't cry."

"Where is he? Can you take me to him?" the man replies, straightening his glasses as he talks.

"He hasn't been here. No one remembers. I know where he lived."

"Take me there please, it's very important."
    ...to the topTop

Founder Jason Sanborn is offline Jason Sanborn's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    [img=left]http://www.quarrelsandquills.com/album_pic.php?pic_id=257[/img]MICU-2829

There might be another way to get up there once we get closer. We don't know what kind of technology they have here. Let's go that direction and see what we can find.
    ...to the topTop

[img=left]http://www.quarrelsandquills.com/album_pic.php?pic_id=260&full=true&user_id=31[/img] Eva Marie Saint

Eve Marie smiled at the response she got from these unusual partners she just got. "Then, to the city we go."

She looked at the bathroom door and wondered for a moment.

"Should we wait for them? I really don't feel like hanging around a murderer, but I fear it would be worst to let him be all by himself and do what he pleases to the people stranded in the island..."
    ...to the topTop

MrOuija
    Gypsy

Ryan

"I don't need that psychopath hanging out with us," Ryan says as he starts pulling items towards the bathroom door in an attempt to block it. Not noticing how loud he's talking and how close he is to the door he continues, "I'm going to block the door, hopefully that will slow Braddick down and he won't be able to follow us."

Terron (Ryan's Homeworld)

Fred and the odd man arrive at Ryan's apartment. Knocking on the door frantically, the man calls, "Mr. Johnson, Mr. Johnson. Please open up, it's imperative I talk to you. My name is Thomas Milford, I'm a researcher at Fairweather University. I've uncovered some information you will very much be interested in."

With no reply, Thomas decides to force his way in. 10 minutes and one destroyed credit card later, he's in. Inside he finds the room a ransacked mess.

"Oh no," he says, "They did get him. We're doomed."
    ...to the topTop

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast