Quarrels and Quills - The Play by Post Role-Playing Community - Powered by vBulletin
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Re: [IC] Abducted!: Identities

Melias

She watched Braddick looking around the room for fitting clothes obviously and thought if she should answer or not to his question. It was rightful for him to ask because of her intrusion but still, she was not sure of what may come after if she was wrong or either right. Her dark eyes slided to the emerald bracelet she wore on her left wrist and finally, about to answer, she softly touched it. It glowed for less than a second and a painting appeared like an holograph.

"Because of this..." Melias said lowly.

The painting was quite unreal, seeming to live in itself. It was about a man, a soldier who were running for his life in a rubish river while thousand hunting shadows were after him. The stars shined like aimed weapons against the soldier and if one listened carefully, he would hear the heartbeat of that unfortunate one suddenly stopped. The soldier felt loudly and in eternal agony sank in the rubish river. Melias looked sad all the moment, her eyes lost in Braddick's ones. Sure he would have recognized one of his own.

"I was still a child when your peoples brought death and desolation in my homeland, sparking a new wind of wars for our misfortune. Why, we never knew but The Muse had to interferre and they vanished in the sky, leaving to us our deads." She paused. "Sadness was born in me and I wanted a rightful judgement, rettribution for them. In the painting, symbolising our invaders, their home of Chrodos, I immersed all my sadness in it, wishing all their kind to perish through space and time until one survives to live my suffering."

Melias stayed silent for few second and continued.
    "At that childish time of my life, I was not yet aware of my abilities. It becomes true..."
    ...to the topTop

Braddick

Braddick looked at the woman with a confused expression on his face. He almost had to stop himself from bursting out laughing at her. She seemed to have far more mental issues than he did.

"So what you're telling me is that because you painted that picture, my entire race was exterminated? Are you feeling alright? Because I thought the fake super hero out there was the only delusional one amongst us...Your painting didn't do that to us, we did it to ourselves. We thought we could conquer the whole galaxy...and we almost did...But we were too arrogant and wound up paying for it. We lost, and that was it. There was no magic behind it, no supernatural event, we lost, and the galaxy made us pay for it...Now if you'll excuse me..."

Braddick said as he moved towards the door. He heard the plans of the people on the other side. Luckily they coincided with his own for the time being. He could hear Ryan on the other side stacking things against the door, as if that would stop him. And so with a smirk on his face, Braddick backed away from the door and gave a sharp kick to the area around the handle. The door immediately flung open with a crack, sending all the items Ryan was stacking against it across the room in various directions. Braddick simply stood there, ignoring the fake super hero's failed attempt, and began to speak once more.

"So....any of you three know how to fly?"
    ...to the topTop

Founder Jason Sanborn is offline Jason Sanborn's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    [img=left]http://www.quarrelsandquills.com/album_pic.php?pic_id=257[/img]MICU-2829

MICU-2829 deflected a lamp that flew in his direction.

Flying is not one of my abilities, but I believe there may be another way up there. We need only to find it.
    QC1: From this day forth you shall be called "Sprinkle Berryweather".

Kevin Flynn: The Grid. A digital frontier. I tried to picture clusters of information as they moved through the computer. What did they look like? Ships, motorcycles? Were the circuits like freeways? I kept dreaming of a world I thought I'd never see. And then, one day... ...I got in!

...to the topTop

Melias

Braddick's words did not hurt Melias much except for the fact that she would not be able to wind away the terrible path she believed would come. People did believe her, even her own blood did not so what was she expecting? Perhaps it was a kind of regret feeling she had or maybe the growing dark sensations she had about the other thing. She watched Braddick walking his way out the bathroom in his unique style and was going to do so too.

"You paid for it... that is more than true but so far from truth." Melias thought, wishing not to force him to believe.

Then she joined the others, with a melancolic expression on her pale face, strengthened by the dark of her eyes and only a sincere smile to that elegant lady lighted her. Finding a way to join the floating city was the next priority apprently and if in any case they could not, she would help using her burden. A thorn in her heart.
    ...to the topTop

[img=left]http://www.quarrelsandquills.com/album_pic.php?pic_id=260&full=true&user_id=31[/img] Eva Marie Saint

Eve Marie's heart skipped a beat when Braddick broke the bathroom's door with his feet. Thankfully the killer found it somewhat amused; she worried he would act violently against them.

She approached Ryan and spoke to him quietly so no one else would notice. "You really should watch yourself, Ryan. Antagonizing the killer this way could only mean the death of one of us; and I don't want to die and I hope you don't either."

Turning to the rest of this motley crew, Eve Marie addressed them all.

"There's a mountain at the North's side of this village where the bird people live. We could ask their help."
    ...to the topTop

Melias

"How far away is it, fairlady?" Melias asked. Walking alltogether with so different personalities might not be a long calm river.

Suddenly, Melias was abducted (( )) by Eva's word: Bird people. Her melancoly shadowed by a kind of excitement such a wonderful thought blossomed in her mind, surely perfect models and landscape as well to immortalize.

"But do you mean people with wings like birds or people having birds?" she wondered confused.
    ...to the topTop

[img=left]http://www.quarrelsandquills.com/album_pic.php?pic_id=260&full=true&user_id=31[/img] Eva Marie Saint

"It isn't far. The only good thing about this island is that everything is real close, it shouldn't take more than 5 minutes to get there." She looked through the window. "We'd have to do some mountain climbing, though, since their nests are in up there."

She moved closer to Melias. "They have wings that come out of their backs. At first they scared me a lot, but I got used to weird people just by being here."
    ...to the topTop

MrOuija
    Gypsy

Ryan
    A thought came to Ryan's mind, "If that freaky abductor guy thinks he needs us all, he obviously won't let Braddick hurt me. In fact, I can probably get away with anything at this point."

Ryan turns to Eva and says, "I'm not worried about antagonizing him. I put dozens of villains in prison a hundred times crazier, menacing and evil then he. On my planet, I wouldn't have bothered with such an insignificant man; a rookie police officer could have caught him his first day."

"Now let's get out of here," he says to the others, "Eva can lead us to the mountain of the birdmen."

Terron (Ryan's Homeworld)
    "Why do you want Ryan, Mr. Milford? No one else cares about him," Fred inquires.

"It's a long story you might not comprehend sir," Thomas replies, obviously still distracted and discouraged by Ryan's disappearance.

"Oh that's OK Mr. Milford, I like stories please tell me."

"Well it all started about a year ago. I found an ancient book in the ruins of a temple in the basin of a dried out lake in the middle of Azaktan."
    ...to the topTop

Founder Jason Sanborn is offline Jason Sanborn's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    [img=left]http://www.quarrelsandquills.com/album_pic.php?pic_id=257[/img]MICU-2829

MICU-2829 nodded.

These birdmen seem to be our best option at the moment. You know the way, Eva Marie Saint. Perhaps you could lead us there.
    ...to the topTop

Braddick

Braddick cocked one of his eyebrows in a confused look as he stared at Eva.

"So we're going to go climb a mountain, hop on the back of some people with wings, and fly all the way to the floating city?"

He couldn't believe what he was saying. Bird people? Granted there were species in his galaxy who evolved from bird-like animals. But they weren't humans with wings...This entire place was like one long drug trip.

"Well I can say I have done far stranger things in my life....Well....not really...But if thats what we gotta do....Lead the way Mrs. Black and White...."

Braddick said as he opened the front door of the house and made a hand gesture for Eva to lead.
    ...to the topTop

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast