Quarrels and Quills - The Play by Post Role-Playing Community - Powered by vBulletin
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    [img=left]http://www.quarrelsandquills.com/album_pic.php?pic_id=260&full=true&user_id=31[/img] Eva Marie Saint

Eva Marie responded with a shy smile to Braddick's move. After all, the killer had manners.

"Please, come with me; it's not that far." They started walking through the street as some of the villagers panicked at the sight of Braddick. Not that it wasn't expected, after all, he did kill a bunch of people as if they were just chicken tot he slaughter. Without interrupting their pace, Eva Marie approached Melias and talked to her. "I think we girls should stick together. The men of this group are a little awkward at best. Did we already make our acquaintance? In all that chaos I don't remember. My name is Eva Marie Saint and I'm an actress. I have a little trouble making sense of anything else, but this is what I'm sticking with."
    ...to the topTop

Re: [IC] Abducted!: Identities

Melias

"I am Melias, painter of the Black Court, daughter of..."

She stopped as she suddenly remembered her treasured life on Etoile de Pourpre: a motherly caress on her hair, the radiant smile of lady Thornwool, the sadness of her beloved father and even the old millenary tree where she used to come when wanting to rest heart and mind. It lasted less than a second but it burned her like thousand years.

"Art and blessed by the Muse to meet a graceful presence on here." She finished calmly and Melias showing her courtesy, she bent her head lightly with kindness to Eva. To hold the wonderful lady's arm was a little and innocent thing that reassured and brought peace in her.

"You are an archeress, you said?" she asked, surprised by the unknown word.
    Eva did not look like at all a soldier and her clothes would never be very fitting for combat...
    ...to the topTop

Braddick

Braddick continued to walk with the others towards this mountain they had to climb to meet the bird people. This entire thing was absurd. He looked over at Ryan as they walked. The man seemed oddly calm for just having insulted a mass murderer. He was quickly pressing his luck. Any more and Braddick would have to put an end to it...permanently. He directed his gaze forward again as he heard Melias speak as if she never heard the word "actress" before.

"She said actress....Not archeress. Don't you even have movies on your planet? She pretends to be fictional characters in a story, for entertainment. Its like a play, only on video. What the hell kind of backwards world did you come from? I'm kind of glad we laid waste to it now..."

And so Braddick simply kept walking....
    ...to the topTop

Melias

Her blood boiled to Braddick's words, turning her eyes into an expression of darkness. An angry voice hissed into Melias ears as she left Eva's arm to catch up the monster and with her left hand grabbing Braddick's shoulder, she forced him to face her and slapped him. It was sudden and almost unexpected from someone calm as she used to be. At that very moment, she ignored completely the deadly danger she was dealing with, overwhelmed by a painful emotion of anger. The voice hissed again for more but Melias heart wavered with sadness and stopped her. She was not like him, she would not take even little pleasure or smile from other suffering.

"I do not wish to paint death to you, please... "

It was so hard for her to refrain tears, so hard.

"Please..."
    ...to the topTop

Founder Jason Sanborn is offline Jason Sanborn's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    [img=left]http://www.quarrelsandquills.com/album_pic.php?pic_id=257[/img]MICU-2829

You may have the restraint to hold your violence, but still you lack the restraint to hold your tongue.

MICU-2829 replied to Braddick in his typical emotionless, flat tone. He then looked at Melias and spoke to her.

They are only words, Melias. Ignore them and they cannot harm you.
    QC1: From this day forth you shall be called "Sprinkle Berryweather".

Kevin Flynn: The Grid. A digital frontier. I tried to picture clusters of information as they moved through the computer. What did they look like? Ships, motorcycles? Were the circuits like freeways? I kept dreaming of a world I thought I'd never see. And then, one day... ...I got in!

...to the topTop

[img=left]http://www.quarrelsandquills.com/album_pic.php?pic_id=260&full=true&user_id=31[/img] Eva Marie Saint

Eva Marie didn't say a word when Melias slapped Braddick. She just couldn't deal with violence and she feared the killer would hit her back. She approached Ryan and spoke to him softly.

"You said you were a sooper man, whatever that means. Please keep an eye on them; I fear Braddick might act violently against her if she doesn't restrain her impulses."

She sighed. There was such sadness within Melias, yet she was such a daring woman. One day she would learn to be that way.

The path they were following stopped abruptly as a tall mountain was standing there as if put by a giant's hand. "We have to go up there." Eva pointed up to the top of the mountain, which was crowned by some clouds.

"That's where the bird people live."
    ...to the topTop

MrOuija
    Gypsy

Ryan
    Ryan nodded at Eva as she asked him to look out for Melias. "Well our abductor will be the one looking out for her and I, but I'll be happy to take the credit," he thought and smiled.

Still smiling and making sure to give Braddick a look as he spoke to Melias, "Just ignore him. He's nothing but a common scoundrel who's mother didn't love him enough as a child."

"There's something oddly empowering about having nothing to fear," Ryan thought as he continued his attempts to agitate Braddick, "Make fun of an insane murderer all day until he gets angry enough, then wait for the warden to come protect me."
    ...to the topTop

Braddick

The moment Melias' hand touched his shoulder, Braddick reverted back to pure instinct. As the woman turned him around, his left hand gripped one of the blades lining his belt, as he prepared to swing around and thrust it into the rib of whatever it was behind him. But the second he saw the face of Melias, he once again had to fight those instincts. Braddick managed to stop the blade mere inches from striking the woman, just as her hand came across his face. He stared down at her, the cold and chilling kind of stare that struck fear and panic into so many across so many worlds. She had no idea how close she had just come to death.

"If you were a man, you would be choking on your own blood right now...."

Were his only words before turning around, placing the blade back in its rightful spot. He gazed up at the mountain. That was when he heard Eva speak to the fake hero. Though it was but a whisper on her part, Braddick's ears could pick it out clearly. The only person in this entire group that could put up a fight against Braddick was the cyborg, and he knew that. So the mere mention of the fake hero protecting anyone drew a slight smirk to the killer's face. The man was wearing Braddick's patience thin. He would only be able to tolerate the coward's insults for so long. But it didn't matter much. Killing women and children was something Braddick specifically refrained from. The only time in his life where he willingly took the lives of them was the war (the destruction of the Tarsonis orbital embassy and the deaths that followed were purely an accident). And even when he did so, it was to achieve a specific military goal, and done with little enjoyment or pride. So what the rest of the group failed to realize at the time was, that no matter what Melias did, Braddick couldn't kill her. And perhaps it was better that way.

Either way, it would be along journey up that mountain. And without any sort of climbing gear, the trip would most likely be difficult on the entire group, with the exception of the cyborg and Braddick himself. Braddick then peered back to Melias.

"Lets get going, and don't expect me to carry you the entire way...."

And with that he began the ascent.
    ...to the topTop

Eva Marie looked at the way up to the mountain and the almost vertical wall that was standing in front of them. With a sense of impotence, she looked at her high heels and her dress... they wouldn't be helping at all. And her hands... her tiny frail hands. She would never make it.

Getting closer to MICU-2829.

"I'm sorry about asking this but... I just can't climb this mountain. Would you please help me?"
    ...to the topTop

Melias

Melias kept her gaze upon Braddick and she was so angry about him that she did not see the death halting close to her. Only an emotion flashing her spine made she feel a danger. His words were so calm and cold that she believed him but yet, he would have killed her but still he did not when she wished so much. "Why are you like that" she wondered looking at them starting to climb the mountain. For the past times of her life, Melias had begin to experience sadness of that painting she did, considering it not rightful and yet, in one second, that man succeeded to crumble her regrets.
    Ryan and the machine's presence mellowed her blood slowly and turning her thoughtful eyes, she kindly thanked them for their attention. Still, oddly, Melias couldn't sweep away of her heart the sorrow feeling about Braddick.

"Do not worry about me, but just don't fall on me."

She answered to Braddick's last politeness with a mixed feeling of anger, fear and regrets. Then, starting the ascent, Melias encouraged Ryan.

"Let's beat his record getting there, knightman."
    ...to the topTop

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast