Quarrels and Quills - The Play by Post Role-Playing Community - Powered by vBulletin
Page 3 of 105 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast
    Re: [IC] Final Fantasy: Arrellill

Ruhig

Just out side of Town A shadowy figure of a male sits propped up against a solitary tree,his breathing raged and and uneven.He appeared out of place amongst the people of this Village but the aura he gave off was of one at peace with his surroundings as if he felt at home here.
    Characters
    Goranice
    Windel
    The bellowing manDead
    Gunda
    Kone
    ...to the topTop

Founder Jason Sanborn is offline Jason Sanborn's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    [img=left]http://www.quarrelsandquills.com/album_pic.php?pic_id=262[/img]Ylana

It didn't take Ylana much longer to get prepared for the day. Her mother had bought her a beautiful white dress for her to wear today.Funny thing was, she'd only wear it thos one day, and never again.

Once she was ready, she went down into the library to see her parents, as her mother had requested. The talk centered on how proud they were of her, how she had great potential, and how upholding the traditions of Arcesso was of vital importance, or something like that. It was all stuff she heard many times before, so beyond the words "We're so proud of you" everything else went in one ear, and out the other.

While she was in speaking with her parents, the guests had begun to arrive. Summoners and Diviners throughout the city were invited to this festive event. Not everyone could make it, of course, but none were left out of the invitations. The ball room soon became crowded with people, all chattering among themselves.

One of the doors to the library opened into the ballroom, and after her parents had finished their little pep talk, Ylana went to the door and opened it a crack, to see out into the crowds of people. She was smiling broadly and the joy of the moment was bubbling inside of her, threatening to overtake her. All these people were here to see her.

A green carpet, set out specifically for this day, went from the library doors to a circular stage in the center of the ballroom. In a few moments, Ylana would walk down the carpeted isle, up the steps to the stage, and begin her rite to adulthood.

"It's time."

Jiston said with a smile, putting his hand on his daughter's shoulder. Ylana smiled brightly as she looked up at her father, but at the same time, her face became slightly flushed as a wave of nervousness suddenly overtook her.

Jiston opened the door to the library in full and began to walk towards the stage. As soon as he emerged, there were hushed whispers that ran through the assembled crowd, until the entire room fell silent.

Inside the library, Ytella walked up to Ylana and whispered to her.

"I know you're nervous, Ylana. It's only natural. But you'll do fine. I have no doubt a fine Accersitus will answer your call. Just remember what you've been taught, and if you must look out at the crowds, look above them. Concentrate, and don't be afraid."

Ylana nodded and kept her eyes focused on her father, who was now standing in the center of the stage, about to address the guests.

"Friends, welcome to House Jiston. Thank you for accepting our invitation to join us on this special day. Today is the Day of Summoning for our youngest daughter, our most precious Ylana."

Jiston raised a hand, palm up, towards the library door. All heads turned to the door, and Ylana swallowed hard, feeling that her mouth had suddenly gone dry. With a gentle push of encouragement from her mother, she began her walk down towards her stage. She could feel all eyes upon her, and hear some whispers among the crowd, but despite that, she tried to keep her eyes locked on her father's eyes, as she'd been told.

The walk to the stage wasn't long, yet it felt like it was miles away. Each step seemed taller than she was. It was all in her mind, of course, and soon she stood next to her father, who embraced her lovingly on the stage, before they both turned and faced the crowds once again.

"I present to you, Ylana, my daughter and my child."

The crowd applauded for Ylana, which added to her nervousness. She bowed graciously, as she had been taught. As she stood, her father spoke to her in low tones, direclty into her ear.

"I'm going to leave the stage now, Ylana. You know what to do from here. Don't be afraid, you'll do fine."

Ylana nodded in reply and Jiston walked off the stage, leaving Ylana alone in the center of the stage. Ylana closed her eyes and took a deep breath. Her heart was racing, and the excitement she felt earlier this day had completely been replaced by the nervousness, almost fear, that she was feeling now.

Spirits of those who have gone before us, I honor you.

Ylana said after a brief moment. Even as she heard the words coming out of her mouth, it seemed as if she wasn't the one saying them. She felt almost disconnected from the event.

Gods who have built the world of Arrellill and all its wonders, I bring you praise.

Ylana opened her eyes. She could feel herself growing calmer as she continued to speak the ritualistic words she had been taught. She looked up towards the ceiling, in order to put the crowds out of her mind.

I am Ylana, the daughter of Jiston the Wise. I'm but a child now, but I call upon your blessings now. Today, I wish to call upon the Accersitus and become an adult. I call upon their wisdom to guide me through life. I call upon their strength to uphold me when I am weak.

Ylana raised her arms.

Please send my Accersitus companion to me with your blessings, that House Jiston may continue to receive your blessings.

Lights danced around Ylana as she spoke the words. She could feel the power rushing through her and flowing around her. Her hair and dress fluttered in the power, as if caught up in a wind that only surrounded her. Ylana smiled, despite herself. This feeling could only mean one thing, the Accersitus were answering her call.

The lights and the wind faded away and silence filled the ballroom. It would appear that nothing had happened, yet all those in attendence knew that it was far from over. A few seconds later, a small ball of light appeared in the top corner of the ballroom. All eyes immediately looked upon it as it began to move lazily toward Ylana, growing slightly in size as it moved.

Ylana watched the ball of light with facination as it decended. When it stopped in front of her, it was just smaller than the size of her face. The light was bright, but it didn't bother her eyes in the least. As soon as it stopped, the light vanished, leaving a sylph in its place. The colorful fairy-like creature was only about 8 inches in height with golden hair and a pale complexion. Her wings were a mix of green and blue that were almost translucent in appearance. Her dress was the most colorful of all, and seemed to change with the light.

"Hello, Ylana. I am Persia, the Sylph. I've come in answer to your call."

The sylph said with a smile that could almost equal Ylana's own smile. The sylph's voice was small, to match her size, and only Ylana could hear her speak.

Hello, Persia. Thank you for answering my call. You do much to honor me with your presence.

Ylana gave a partial bow to the sylph, as was customary for the ritual.

"The honor is mine, Summoner of House Jiston. Should you ever need me, simply call me by name."

With a small flash, Persia vanished. As soon as the sylph vanished, Jiston walked back up onto the stage and embraced his daughter while the crowd applauded.

"I'm so proud of you. We all are."

Jiston said with joy. Then turned to silence the applause. One final part of the ceremony still remained.

"Friends and all those who bear witness. Earlier today, you saw a child standing before you. Now you see a Summoner. Yet child or Summoner, she is still my daughter, and always shall be. Please join me in welcoming Ylana, Summoner of House Jiston."

Again the applause filled the ballroom. Ylana blushed from the attention. No longer was she a child. Now she had an Accersitus companion, Persia the sylph, and she knew her life would never be the same.
    QC1: From this day forth you shall be called "Sprinkle Berryweather".

Kevin Flynn: The Grid. A digital frontier. I tried to picture clusters of information as they moved through the computer. What did they look like? Ships, motorcycles? Were the circuits like freeways? I kept dreaming of a world I thought I'd never see. And then, one day... ...I got in!

...to the topTop

Quote Originally Posted by The Bell Tolls One\";p=\"14955
    Ruhig

Just out side of Town A shadowy figure of a male sits propped up against a solitary tree,his breathing raged and and uneven.He appeared out of place amongst the people of this Village but the aura he gave off was of one at peace with his surroundings as if he felt at home here.
    Aerin

::Aerin was walking back to her house when she noticed the man near the tree. His ragged breathing caught her attention and she quickly walked over to him.::

Sir? Are you okay?
    "God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, Courage to change the things I can, And wisdom to know the difference." Reinhold Niebuhr
    ...to the topTop

Ruhig

The Man didn't look up,His breathing Raged and uneven breathing pauses as he speaks. "That Depends on who's asking... A black Mage.. I'd slit your throat,but since this is the White Mage village... I'll let the question go.I've been better,but still have enough in me.....bah." The smell of burnt cloth and burnt flesh could be smelled emanating from the man as the man started to get up then stopped.
    ...to the topTop

Elserwhere.... Solenda to be exact....

At the edge of the airmy's training quarters there stands two towers with multiple support bars between them. It's one of the simplest admission exercises all one has to do is reach the gound without breaking momentium. But when you're good, you have to hit the targets on the way down. Four gets you in. Anything else is showing off. And if there is one thing about Jumpers, they love to show off.

Jumpers are the pride and joy of the airmy. Sure pilots, technicians, and tactical officers keep it going but the people love their daredevil front line men. The best become celebrities. The worst become examples of what not to do.

This morning as the sun finally crests the top of the floating city, two jumpers are staring down at the casm as the training exercise is called.[/i]

"Six."

"You're on, Biggs."

"Ten."

Both men turn to see a third. With short blonde hair and green eyes. The new arrival smiles like he's playing for the cameras.

"Here that, Wedge? Mister First in the Class thinks he can match the record."

"I don't want to beat it first thing in the morning, boys. But lets make this interesting. I do it and you buy me breakfast before I sail off for active duty. I'll break it when I get back for graduation."

"I hope you got enough to buy us breakfast, Cid. Biggs here eats enough for three men."

"I have a fast matabolism, jerk."

With a quick salute, Cid steps over to the edge while his two buddies continue to debate appatites. The crisp morning air feels good against his face as he angles his descent to evade the first set of beams and with a quick swing draws his staff and taps a targets. The light push alters his direction enough to slide past another bar and taps a second sensor. And it continues, downwards with a push and a spin. It almost seems like a dance in the air until he nears the bottom and hears.

"Only nine, man."

Cid shifts into landing position and throws his staff upwards. He touches down with the suit absorbing most of the force and holds his hand out. A moment later a tenth sensor goes off and the staff falls to Cid's hand.

"Boys, that is how you do it. Now, I beleive I am owed a farewell meal and you two goofs need more practice. Because, lets face it. For me its raw talent. You two have to hone that skill."
    John

Lord Mattson, LM, Matts, its all the same.
    ...to the topTop

Quote Originally Posted by The Bell Tolls One\";p=\"15059
    Ruhig

The Man didn't look up,His breathing Raged and uneven breathing pauses as he speaks. "That Depends on who's asking... A black Mage.. I'd slit your throat,but since this is the White Mage village... I'll let the question go.I've been better,but still have enough in me.....bah." The smell of burnt cloth and burnt flesh could be smelled emanating from the man as the man started to get up then stopped.
    Aerin

::Aerin frowned because she couldn't understand most of what he said. Black Mage, she caught that part though.::

I'm not a black mage.

::She smelled the burnt flesh and reached out to touch the man with her hand.::

If you're hurt I can help you.
    ...to the topTop

Founder Jason Sanborn is offline Jason Sanborn's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    [img=left]http://www.quarrelsandquills.com/album_pic.php?pic_id=262[/img]Ylana

It was if the rest of the afternoon was lost in a haze. After the ceremony was completed, it seemed that everyone in attendance came up to her to congratulate her. Many of them she knew by name, others she knew by face. Of course, there will still others that she had never seen before, but had been invited because they were of the Summoner or Diviner castes. At times, she almost felt like the large room was closing in on her, making her feel almost claustrophobic. Despite that, she still smiled and thanked everyone who congratulated her, returned hugs, and the occasional kiss on each cheek.

At long last, a bell was rung from the door to the dining hall. A servant stood in the door announcing the banquet was ready to begin. In a way, that was almost a relief to Ylana, finally feeling that she would have a little more room to breathe. Even as the crowds worked their way into the dining hall, there were still those who congratulated Ylana as they passed, waiting to enter the dining hall.

Ylana was taken by surprise when a hand grabbed her from the stage behind her, and pulled her back. She started to stumble but landed in the chest of the youngest of her brothers, Kiron.

"So, little Ylana has gone and grown up now. Don't think that means I'm gonna let you off easy, Sis."

Ylana turned and playfully slapped her brother's arm.

Don't do that! You scared me!

Kiron grabbed his arm where he was slapped and laughed.

"Don't do that? But that'd take away the fun of seeing your face."

Kiron opened his eyes and his mouth wide in a mock shocked expression. It was an action that caused him to receive another slap, this time on the other arm.

"Better watch out, Kiron, or Ylana might sic her new Sylph on you."

Ylana looked and saw her next oldest brother, Lente, approach.

That's right, and you better not forget it!

Ylana retorted, sticking her tongue out at Kiron.

"Sticking your tongue out? I thought someone said that our sister was an adult today?"

Replied Ylana's eldest brother, Trenton, as he and her other two brothers, Fresil and Honus, approached.

"You know, I thought I had heard that somewhere, too."

Fresil, the second eldest, said in response to Trenton's comments.

"I dunno, I still only see a little girl."

Answered Honus, the middle of the five brothers.

And I see a bunch of boys pretending to be men!

Ylana retorted, folding her arms in front of her chest, pretending to be indignant. Kiron was the closest to her age, being only five years older than she was, while Trenton was twelve years older. Her other brothers fell in between, and all of them looked out for their little sister for as long as she could remember. She knew that she would miss them all when she left.

"It's time to stop picking on your sister, boys. Our guests are waiting."

Ytella said with a smile as she approached. The brothers each answered their agreement to their mother and hugged Ylana and congratulated her. This was different than all the other congratulations that made her uncomfortable. This was family, whom she loved. Having them hug her and congratulate her brought back the excitement she felt earlier today. Finally, came her mother's congratulations and hug. Ylana didn't want to let go, but after a moment she did. She thanked her brothers and her mother, wiping away tears of joy. Her brothers accompanied their mother into the dining hall leaving Ylana alone with her father on the stage, in the middle of a now empty ballroom.

"Congratulations, Ylana. This is the just the beginning of a new phase of life for you."

Jiston said, embracing his daughter.

I'm a little scared, Father.

"That's only natural. It'll be exciting, though. You have great potential. I do hope you'll consider what your mother and I talked to you about, too."

Ylana didn't answer him. They wanted her to stay and continue her studies, like her brothers. They may enjoy their studies, trying to become worthy to join the Council of Twelve one day. Ylana didn't see a future for herself there. Jiston, though, didn't wait for the response. He simply smiled and put out his arm for her daughter to take. They would walk into the dining hall, arm in arm.

"Come, your guests are waiting."

Ylana smiled and took her father's arm. Together they walked into the dining hall. As they entered, the guests seated around the table applauded once again. Jiston walked to the head of the table, where he was to sit. Ytella was seated to the right, while an empty chair was to his left, a chair of honor reserved for Ylana. Ylana smiled broadly with a renewed excitement.

The banquet started with Jiston offering a prayer of thanks to the gods, thanking them for the successful Summoning, the guests that were gathered to join in the day, and the food that was prepared for the banquet. Ylana wished there would have been thanks given also to the servants to prepare the food, but that wouldn't have been proper, and she knew that.

The rest of the banquet went forward as to be expected. There was an over abundance of delicious foods, and plenty of conversation and laughter all around. As the end of the banquet drew near, Ylana could feel a new wave of nervousness start to flood over her. The end of the banquet, and the end of the evening, would be her announcement. She knew her family would be surprised and even disappointed. Could she really do that to them?

"Friends of House Jiston."

Jiston began as he stood to his feet. He spoke loudly to be heard throughout the room, over the din. He paused before continuing, waiting for the conversation to silence, so he could speak normally.

"I wish to thank you again for coming to Ylana's Day of Summoning. Now, I wish to introduce to you, once again, my daughter, the newest Summoner of House Jiston, Ylana."

Ylana took a sip of water and stood to her feet. This time, there was no applause, as they would all be silent to hear what she had to say. As she stood, her father took his seat.

Thank you for coming. You all honor me greatly with your presence.

Ylana paused, unsure of exactly what to say. She gave a slight nervous chuckle.

You know, I had it all planned on what I was going to say, but standing here, in front of you all, I wonder if those words are really appropriate. For sixteen years I have been trained to become a Summoner. Today, an Accersitus has made me one. My parents have asked me to continue my studies, to follow in their steps.

Ylana paused again, and took another sip from her water glass. She looked at her father and her mother. She knew this would hurt, but at the same time, she knew it was the right thing.

It wouldn't have been proper to give my answer while I was still a child, but now I am an adult, and I have made my decision. In the morning, I'll be leaving and seeing Arrellill for myself. I feel that the gods are calling me into the world, to meet her people, and see other lifestyles beyond our own.

The gathered crowd began to murmur quietly at her announcement. It was one thing to say one would choose not to study, but to go out into the world for the purpose of meeting people was almost unheard of.

"Go out into the world? But why? The gods are here, not out there."

Ytella asked, echoing the thoughts of others in the room.

Yes, the gods are here, but I believe that they are telling me they our out there too, with the people of Arrellill. And they are sending me out to meet them. I am an adult, and I am responsible for my decision.

Jiston stood to his feet.

"My daughter has spoken. She is an adult now, and her decision, while seen as potentially unwise, is hers to make. It is not a dishonor to want to see the world, and we must allow her the ability to do so."

Jiston looked down at Ytella.

"No matter how much it pains us to allow it."

Jiston looked at Ylana.

"Let it be known that I do not approve of your decision, but I will support it. Go into the world, with the blessings of House Jiston, knowing that there will always be a home for you to return to when you discover that the world has nothing to offer you."

Ylana held back the tears. She knew her decision would hurt her parents, and their response to her was to be expected. Her father made it clear where he stood, but still he gave his blessing. His blessing was not one taken lightly, and she was extremely thankful for that at least.

Thank you, Father.

Ylana said, embracing him. The crowd still murmured amongst themselves, but with the blessing of House Jiston, they would not speak ill of the decision.
    ...to the topTop

Quote Originally Posted by Honor's Angel\";p=\"15073
    Aerin

::Aerin frowned because she couldn't understand most of what he said. Black Mage, she caught that part though.::

I'm not a black mage.

::She smelled the burnt flesh and reached out to touch the man with her hand.::

If you're hurt I can help you.
    Ruhig

The Man looked up slightly. "If your A Black Mage,I'm a White Mage." As the Man pulled A Broken Axe from behind him a Broken Shield falls off to the side and badly dented armor showing some of his charcoal colored colored flesh. "Black Mages are not a group to anger...... I... My Name is Drogen." Drogen dropped the Broken Axe next to his broken shield and offers his hand to the Lady Talking to him
    ...to the topTop

Aerin

::Aerin's mouth dropped a little looking at Drogen's flesh.::

No they aren't.

::She touched her hand to the flesh and chanted a spell quietly, soon her hand was glowing a light green and it was starting to heal him.::

That should help though. I'm Aerin.

::She said taking his offered hand with her free hand.::
    ...to the topTop

Quote Originally Posted by Honor's Angel\";p=\"15293
    Aerin

::Aerin's mouth dropped a little looking at Drogen's flesh.::

No they aren't.

::She touched her hand to the flesh and chanted a spell quietly, soon her hand was glowing a light green and it was starting to heal him.::

That should help though. I'm Aerin.

::She said taking his offered hand with her free hand.::
    Drogen's first reaction was to pull away but he held his ground and was surprised to feel his Wounds healing. "Aerin,you would risk your village's safety to heal a strange man who might have come here to destroy your village? why would you help a Stranger?" Drogen shook Aerin's hand.
    ...to the topTop

Page 3 of 105 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast