Quarrels and Quills - The Play by Post Role-Playing Community - Powered by vBulletin
Page 2 of 49 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Re: Allos Discussion Thread

I'm glad some of them are recognizable to some of you. I must be doing something almost right.

I really do regret not getting all of these character designs approved before I put them into the comic. I had decided that whole process was taking too long and thought I could get it done while I was drawing the comic, just so I could get things rolling. I had no intention of putting any characters into the comic unless I had the designs approved, but when it came time to draw page eight I was inspired to draw forty people on it. It wasn't until I was mostly done with it that I realized I hadn't gotten any designs approved. Um- sorry about that.

So if the characters aren't what you would think they look like, then officially I blame Ares' faulty information gathering on the gods and goddesses of Arcadia, which led to inaccurate images of them. And unofficially, let's consider them- um-- protorypes? If it's not an accurate depiction of your character let me know and I will make sure to get them looking right before their next appearance.

And I kicked myself for a very long time for not dressing the clone as Waldo. Honestly, what was I thinking for not throwing that in there.

And I really do wish I had come up with a way of listing who's who on the page. Or maybe a larger version of the image in case anyone wanted to see it.

Count / Countess Tigers is offline Tigers's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Hey Q! I thought that might be Alexis. It was the orange eyes that made me wonder, but very nice. I like it!! LOL! And don't worry about Shrike, I'm sure she'll survive back there. And I have an explanation for the saltshaker look on Khyri, he's preparing to do something to his father (aka Mil) for neglecting him.
    Peace is a lie
    There is only passion
    Through passion I gain strength
    Through strength I gain power
    Through power I gain victory
    Through victory my chains are broken
    The Force shall set me free

Founder Jason Sanborn is offline Jason Sanborn's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I got a few right, and a couple wrong. I didn't even see Janus nor Shrike. Even the larger image, it was hard to see them (and Jasmin was hard to make out). Overall, I loved it, and I give a thumbs-up for my characters. (Although I would have to see a better one to judge Jasmin with, if she comes into the story. )

Loved how you got the Dalek to have a brief appearance as well.
    QC1: From this day forth you shall be called "Sprinkle Berryweather".

Kevin Flynn: The Grid. A digital frontier. I tried to picture clusters of information as they moved through the computer. What did they look like? Ships, motorcycles? Were the circuits like freeways? I kept dreaming of a world I thought I'd never see. And then, one day... ...I got in!

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Sanborn\";p=\"20360
    I got a few right, and a couple wrong. I didn't even see Janus nor Shrike. Even the larger image, it was hard to see them (and Jasmin was hard to make out).
    I wish I could have made everyone bigger or given them more space, but big group pictures are suprisingly cruel when it comes to size and space. George Perez I am not. But I've proven I can do this many characters, so I can do it again and do it better next time.

(Although I would have to see a better one to judge Jasmin with, if she comes into the story. )
    I will have a better picture to show you for approval before Jasmin does make her appearance.

Loved how you got the Dalek to have a brief appearance as well.
    You never know where he'll pop up.
    Um- er- I mean to say-
    Dalek? Dalek's are copyrighted material, my friend. I see no Daleks. Just a toy "salt shaker". If it's even that. It's rather small and hard to see. No man can say what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Tigers\";p=\"20358
    Hey Q! I thought that might be Alexis. It was the orange eyes that made me wonder, but very nice.
    She has a white dress like your avatar, except for the laced up sides there are golden tiger stripe running from her sides and over her back. And tiger like stripes down the slit on the sides of her skirt. I'll get you a better picture of it when I get the chance to draw it. Unless you want something else, then I can draw that too.

I'm going to give everyone a spotlight in the comic eventually, I only ask for a little pateince and let me know if there are any changes that need to be made so I can figure out improved designs to get approved before the next time.

Founder Jason Sanborn is offline Jason Sanborn's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I know this. We are all our own worst critics.

That page is awesome! So a couple of the characters were a little small or hidden. No big deal. It was too be expected with a scene of that detail. Overall, I think everyone will agree that you did a great job.

Oh wow, Q!!!! The finished page with all the Gods came out AWESOME!!!!! Beautiful job on the coloring. You're brilliant!
    *The Golden Goddess|The Goddess of All Motherless Secundae*
    *Dexter to the Core|Council of Guidance|Matriarch of Poetry*
    -Official #2 fan of Greg Land|#1 fan of Reesha Teramu & Nevole|#3 fan of Gareth|#4 fan of Arwyn
    1656OF56**Beeber Heads Unite!**4270

\"You know me: everything detailed and long, blah blah blah.\" (Brath OOC)

I love the page as it is. It's incredible how much you've grown as an artist, Q.

It flows so nicely and the pieces of the art blend real well.

You should get a spot in the comic book market doing dead-tree comic books .

And you really don't have to appologize for anything! If anything, you've brought our characters to life!

Great job so far Q, the last page has been your best yet. I loved seeing all our characters together like that. Good job and Optimus.

I'm echoing everyone else, but for a good reason. The comic is looking great and it is a fun read too. I like the last page, you did a wonderful job. Don't be so hard on yourself, I liked how both Sojourn Fan and Raine looked. Plus I laughed when I saw the Penny's Flamming Buttocks in the corner. And the salt shaker.

Page 2 of 49 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast