Quarrels and Quills - The Play by Post Role-Playing Community - Powered by vBulletin
Page 3 of 49 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Re: Allos Discussion Thread

Awesome! I love your interpretation of Charis!

Hmm, I just may have to make another donation to Q&Q . . . that is, if the commissions are still valid? Just to see what S'il's little sis may look like.

Well well well... I didn't see myself until the nice key by Jas. And I looked and I missed me.

Its the same thing when I go for the can opener and its on top in the drawer and I don't see it and start rummaging...

Awesome job Q
    Father of Quaxo
    Son of the Vampyre Lestat and LAW
    Twin of Qwaring
    Unwilling brother of Qwaring''s Clone #1

Paladin Quaxo9 is offline Quaxo9's Avatar
    And I'll echo everyone here - awesome work, Q!!!

I am so impressed how you fit that many people into that little space! I got most of them...and the ones I didn't had nothing to do with artist's renditions. I have senior's moments. They happen. We deal.

Winner of the dubious Vaarsuvius Award for Verbousness!

I support altruism.

Founder Jason Sanborn is offline Jason Sanborn's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Your not old enough to have senior moment, Girl!
    QC1: From this day forth you shall be called "Sprinkle Berryweather".

Kevin Flynn: The Grid. A digital frontier. I tried to picture clusters of information as they moved through the computer. What did they look like? Ships, motorcycles? Were the circuits like freeways? I kept dreaming of a world I thought I'd never see. And then, one day... ...I got in!

Paladin Quaxo9 is offline Quaxo9's Avatar
    Am so.

It was working at a museum that really did me in.

[quote=Qwaring\";p=\"20361]
    Quote Originally Posted by "Jason Sanborn\";p=\"20360":1rvybmeq
    Loved how you got the Dalek to have a brief appearance as well.
    You never know where he'll pop up.
    Um- er- I mean to say-
    Dalek? Dalek's are copyrighted material, my friend. I see no Daleks. Just a toy "salt shaker". If it's even that. It's rather small and hard to see. No man can say what it is.[/quote:1rvybmeq]

I HAVE ASKED MY SCRIPTWRITER TO SEND A COPY OF "THE THIRTEENTH AMENDMENT" TO THE BRITISH BROADCASTING CORPORATION. HE HAS ADVISED ME THAT HE WILL DO SO ONCE HIS WORK BECOMES A LITTLE LESS INSANE. SINCE AT LAST REPORT HE HAS TAKEN TO CREEPING UP BEHIND HIS CO-WORKERS AND WHISPERING "I COUNT DEAD PEOPLE" TO THEM IN A CREEPY LITTLE VOICE, I BELIEVE THAT THE SANITY OF NOT ONLY HIS WORK IS QUESTIONABLE.

HE HAS ALSO ASKED ME TO PASS ON TO YOU THAT YOU HAVE GOT KHYRI'S LOOK FAIRLY MUCH RIGHT, THAT HIS GENERAL APPEARANCE SHOULD BE SIMILAR TO "THAT BRAINY KID FROM 'HEROES', JUST GIVE HIM RED STREAKS IN HIS HAIR AND YOU'VE GOT IT SUSSED".

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Sanborn\";p=\"20366
    Overall, I think everyone will agree that you did a great job.
    I disagree.
    It's not a great job, it's a fantastic job.

Seriously, Q, that's a nice thing you did and I am looking forward the next pages. By the way, is it me or everyone on the left seems to fly toward Penny's flamming buttocks?
    Oh, well that's Penny's charisma afterall hehe

Wow!!!! Page 8 is about the coolest thing I've seen in a good while. It totally made my day and I absolutely loved how my characters look. LM looks like he is about to dive into action and it may be my own vanity speaking but I cannot wait until I get my bills caught up. I will so be commisioning an image. Q, you just made my mandatory working weekends worth while.

And everyone else looks very cool too. I am so totally digging this right now.

Also, is there any objection to my cropping a few images from page 8 for IM avatars?
    John

Lord Mattson, LM, Matts, its all the same.

And taking another look at 7 and 8 a few comments.

The weapons of war around the tunnel is very cool. I don't know if you've seen Fate Stay Night but it reminds me very much of Gilgimish's vault in that style.

And the Clone is spilling his drink. For shame. He must recite the Barman's Prayer.

Thanks, everyone.

My commission offer was intended for avatar images, but I think I can accomidate more substantial (larger) images. Just PM me a description of what kind of picture you want. Although, I'm not sure how long it will take me. I'm running behind on the comic pages right now, so I should really be busy with that for a little while.

LM, and anyone else, feel free to crop any images from the comic to use for avatars. My rule is if you're allowing me to use your characters then it's only fair that I allow you to use any of the artwork in the comic.

I have not seen "Fate Stay Night". I was thinking that since Ares has just recently returned he would use an old Armoury as a base of operations until he gets back into business. Plus the cloudy, faded and vague background gives it a dream-like quality, which helps poor Joshua to continue to assume this is all a dream.

The clone is spilling his drink because he's a big believer in sharing with others. Thankfully Cao is around to whip up a little force field to prevent this shared drink from reaching Sil's hair. I think the clone's purple martini causes baldness, and Sil wouldn't look the same with a comb-over.

And as I mentioned previously, I am running behind on the artwork. I am working on catching up. But in the meantime, since it's in poor taste to not provide some kind of regular content for web comics, I have a few images that I have saved and have put online to share.

First off is the picture that I used as reference for page one. It's a photograph I took in downtown Chicago back in January (which is why the trees didn't have any leaves). Picture

Next is a rough picture I made while practicing drawing a certain type of character. Picture. Here are different variations for a popular trio belonging to that character type. Picture.

And here, Jas, is a rough picture to give you a better idea of what Jasmin might look like in a rather nightmarish outfit. Picture.

And here's a picture of a character that was partially cat-ified on page eight in her "normal" appearance. Again, just a rough picture. Picture.

Now back to working on more comic pages.

Page 3 of 49 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast