Quarrels and Quills - The Play by Post Role-Playing Community - Powered by vBulletin
Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Re: [IC] The City of Falurst: A City Under Siege

Narm had just ordered his first drink when the fighting started. Members of the city guard rushed out of the tavern and hurried to their posts. For the first time in the long history of Falurst, the city was under siege. But at that moment something else caught Narm's attention. Sitting at the end of the bar was a Cyclops. He was very old, although the ravages of time seemed unable to wear down his immense strength and power. His hair was streaked with white and his clothes were ragged with travel. Narm stood and prepared to introduce himself when reality struck. The Cyclops was not here. He had been gone for many, many, years. But before leaving he spent many months spinning a tale. The tale of his life. He shared it with anyone who would listen. Few paid him any heed, but his resolve never wavered. He would share his adventures and he would tell of his deeds. Narm was captivated.

The two weeks had flown by fast. Narm spent every waking moment in the bar watching the tale. It was finally coming to an end. The ancient Cyclops, Barien was his name, had brought his tale to a finish. It ended where the tale made its start. In the bar. Barien had told all he needed to tell and now he would take his final walk. He left the barkeep a large sum of money, to thank him for putting up with an old Cyclops bard, and he headed out. Narm was too involved to stop now. He followed the 'past' travels of Barien as he left the bar. Down through alleys and streets and past vendors and thieves. Through the city they traveled slowly and precisely, always drawing near its center. After a very long walk Narm found himself facing the famous Rainbow caverns. The light was dazzling. Although he was not watching the light from this moment, but rather the light of Barien's moment. The colors stole his breath. He understood why Barien had come here. The old Cyclops sat at the waters edge. He kneeled down and scooped a handful of water from the pool. He splashed the salt water over his face and tilted his head back letting it trickle down his neck. Then with a large smile across his face Barien drew in a large breath and let it out, his life force following. Then his lifeless form fell forward into the water and disappeared into the murky depths.

Narm instinctively reached for Barien's body. Trying to save him from the depths. But Barien had gotten his wish. His deeds were told and now he rested in a place of shimmering beauty. Narm took a moment to remember the greatness of Barien's life. Then he whispered a goodbye to a man he knew so well but never met. With a farewell smile on his face Narm allowed the past to meet the present. He then looked upon the shimmering beauty of the Caverns as they are today.

...to the topTop

Founder Jason Sanborn is offline Jason Sanborn's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Reayan | Roia

After eating, Reayan closed his eyes to rest a little. They barely ate enough to keep them alive, so the extra energy exerted getting the food always left Reayan feeling drained, and he always took a short nap after eating. Roia looked at her brother with a look of sadness. He always took such good care of her, she only wished he'd take more care of himself as well. After all, no one else cared, so they were all each other had.

Roia grabbed her dirty and tattered cloak and put it on, putting the hood over her head to hide her baldness and visible half-pointed ears. She wanted to go for a walk, to enjoy the sun, but she didn't want to attract any undue attention. Although her slight frame and dirty and tattered clothes would already draw some attention to her as a girl who lived on the streets. Maybe that could win her some sympathy from some kind-hearted person, as long as they didn't realize she was Elf-Human, or "Half-Elven" as she is so often hurled as insults at them.

Roia turned and started to walk quietly out of the house, not wanting to wake her brother. Reayan, though, wasn't fully asleep, and had heard her as she had put on the cloak. Without opening his eyes, he spoke.

What are you doing?

I thought I'd go for a walk.

Reayan opened his eyes and looked at his sister.

You know it is dangerous out there. You remember what it is like.

Yes, and you go out there every day to steal food. I'm just going for a walk, and I'll keep my hood on, like I always do.

Reayan sighed and closed his eyes again.

I go out there because I have to, so we can live. You aren't healthy enough...

Enough!

Roia interrupted forcefully. Reayan opened his eyes in shock at his sister's response. Never before had she ever raised her voice to him or anyone. Although if anyone else heard it, they wouldn't really notice the change in voice, as she was so quiet even in her forcefulness. For Reayan, though, it was very apparent.

I may not be as healthy as you, Reayan, but I'm not dying, either.

Roia turned and walked towards the door, grabbing her staff that was leaning against a wall.

I'm sorry, Roia. I just don't want you to get hurt anymore.

Roia stopped and looked at him over her shoulder.

I know. Thank you.

Roia walked out the door into the alley beyond. Her staff was used more as a walking stick, to offset the limp that she had as a result of a broken leg she sustained fifty years ago. It never healed properly, and she was forced to walk with a limp. She didn't need the staff to walk, but it did help her as she made her way through the streets. As she turned a corner down a residential street, she saw a woman with silver hair, holding what appeared to be a fish to her lips. The woman's back was to her, and Roia was fascinated by the sight. The woman wasn't human, possibly some kind of elf, but she had never seen an elf quite like her. Roia didn't move from her spot, but simply watched as the woman put the fish in the water, yet still kept her head back, as if enjoying the experience.
    QC1: From this day forth you shall be called "Sprinkle Berryweather".

Kevin Flynn: The Grid. A digital frontier. I tried to picture clusters of information as they moved through the computer. What did they look like? Ships, motorcycles? Were the circuits like freeways? I kept dreaming of a world I thought I'd never see. And then, one day... ...I got in!

...to the topTop

Count / Countess Tigers is offline Tigers's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Muriel

It was an equal exchange of time, three days of bitter sorrow with no food or rest for three days of un-waking rest. Her body had needed it, even if Muriel thought she would never be able to take another restful night’s slumber. It was almost like a magic spell, she laid there as the unyielding tears flowed from her face, and her body simply fell into sleep. Her mind did not wander, she did not dream, she simply slept.

When she awoke, the wing and the crown had been removed from her grasp. It was the first thing she noticed as her gaze stared at the lovingly preserved items displayed upon an elegantly colored toadstool table. They had been protected by magic she noticed by the beautiful glow of blue that surrounded them. Muriel had also noticed that someone had placed a silk cover upon her sometime during her sleep. She was quite certain that Elderman Oak was connected to all of this somehow. In some ways, he was like a father to her, only older. She remembered that humans had a term for it, grandfather, she thought.

She had not realized that she had slept for three solid days; it would not be until Elderman Oak had told her so. She slowly sat up and rubbed the sleep from her eyes. Already her mind was a blur with thoughts of what must be done. There must be a proper ceremony for her mother and sisters, and then there was the matter of how to deal with the circumstances of their deaths. Her dainty hand went to her forehead as she massaged her temple where the dull throbbing ache had begun.

She rose from her mother’s bed, noticing the change of clothing neatly laid upon the toadstool seat. Her keen ears picked up the hushed whispers outside her room, but if she knew what they were speaking about, she did not let on. She felt numb and each task she did, seemed to come from someone else. She collected the clothes and went to her mother’s private bathing area.

Primrose Valley maybe the name of where they lived, but their homes rested within the trees of the forest against a mighty mountain. From a fairies view of the ground, the wild Primrose that covered the floor would appear as a vast valley. The pine that held the Queen’s home was planted toward the face of this mountain. Her back door sat upon a branch that lead to a crater shaped hole along the mountains face. From the mouth of the crater water flowed freely from a small miniature waterfall that supplied a continuous supply of water. Here one could either bathe within the deep pool of water or stand beneath its running stream.

Muriel removed her garments of silk and stood beneath the flowing stream of water. It was cool and refreshing, the jolt she needed to try and rouse her from her stupor. But the lack of food began to wear on her and she soon found herself submerged within the craters deep pool of water. She did not stay long; there was no enjoyment for her in bathing this day. She stood from the pool and dried herself with a soft downy feather, shaking her wings to remove any access water. With a change of clothing she gathered herself for the inevitable. She must address her mother’s people, plan a ceremonial funeral, and at last decide what must be done about the how and why of this tragedy.

A full week had finally passed. Muriel had reluctantly if not demurely accepted the responsibility of arranging her mother and sister’s funeral. Her people had mourned; gifts had come pouring in from all around the forest as every magical creature offered their condolences and sorrows to the Princess. She could not hide her tears as each creature greeted her and offered gifts and comfort, although she did not have any outbursts of grief, she hardly felt stoic. She did however manage to endure the entire process without recessing back into the motionless creature that had cried nonstop upon her mother’s bed for three whole days.

The funeral had come and gone, Muriel had carried out her direction for the people as they slowly if not sadly returned to their responsibilities and routines of their everyday lives. Muriel had managed to eat enough to keep up her strength. Her face was pale and fragile looking as she entered the council chambers. There sat Elderman Oak, the only fairy she desired and felt comfortable speaking with. He rose from his chair and waited to be seated until Muriel had taken her seat. For long moments, there was silence and he wondered if she would ever talk at all. Just as he was about to speak, her soft lilting voice softly spoke.

I must go to this place Elderman Oak. I must see and feel the earth around where this happened. I cannot make a decision as to what to do until I have judged for myself.

Elderman Oak’s eyebrow’s crinkled in disapproval. She knew his thoughts; he did not have to speak them. It was dangerous, with the siege currently underway and she being the only remaining member of the royal family. The protest was on his lips, but Muriel had up her hand to silence him.

I know what you would say, but I must do this. I will go alone; I cannot risk any other fairy. This is my decree, and I will hear no arguments. I will leave at first light.

Muriel rose from her seat, not giving Elderman Oak a chance to stand from his before she left the room. He sighed heavily knowing that she would do this one way or another, even if it meant sneaking out in the middle of the night. He would have to let her go, but it did not mean he wouldn’t set word to have her watched over from afar. He left the room, to make plans of his own.
    Peace is a lie
    There is only passion
    Through passion I gain strength
    Through strength I gain power
    Through power I gain victory
    Through victory my chains are broken
    The Force shall set me free
    ...to the topTop

The healer finished her broth and bread; wearily rising to take to her bed. That night she slept peacefully and undisturbed.

Awakening refreshed, she was thankful for the full nights sleep. Yehlee stretched then her eyes fell on her poor gown. It was getting very battered but at the moment she had no other clothing to her name. Each night she tried to wipe the dust and dirt from it best she could and lay it to dry by the fire. Since the fighting started in the city she had not been afforded many of those. She washed her face in the basin then pulled on the gown, smoothing it down over her curves. With a smile she seized up her staff and pack. Yehlee frowned for the pack was growing noticeably lighter. That meant she needed more herbs.

Yehlee picked up two loaves of bread each morning from the Innkeeper. These she would take with her for her patients. Often she found they were hungry, as well as injured. Her next stop was the well to fill her canteens with water. She would go to the market place to see about getting some herbs. At least she had some coin for that!

Yehlee was perusing the herbs at a vendors cart when a hulking ruffian tried to steal her staff. Determined not to lose the only thing she had left of her Mother’s Yehlee ran after him and leapt up on his back. She smacked him furiously albeit, fruitlessly about the head.
    “GIVE ME BACK MY STAFF!” Yehlee squealed angrily, still pummeling him. The fellow finally seized her and threw her forcefully to the ground. He grinned maliciously, using the end of the staff he struck her hard enough to knock her out.
    ...to the topTop

**Hamund follows where the elf leads him. The crowds of the market district gradually melt away and houses begin to populate the landscape around the troll. As he finds fewer people around him Hamond begins to relax a little, though he remains rather tense within his large robe, as it is his only protection from the agonies sunlight would bring to him should it ever touch his grey, stone-like flesh. Before Hamund realizes it he has left the market entirely behind and is treading through the cities residential area. He had almost missed the change in scenery since his attention was almost entirely focused in how to best approach the woman. He rarely finds himself in such situations. Brother Ashlin does all of their talking with others. But Hamund is without his mentor's aid now. He must somehow figure out how to approach this sea elf by himself.
    **Unfortunately, once he walks around one final corner he realizes that he does not have the time to think, as he beholds the elven woman has paused and is standing beside a fountain, refilling her fish-like water bag. Hamund suddenly feels his own weight and how out of place his size makes him in this city as he stands nearly a dozen paces away from the woman and does not have a crowd to insulate him from her. The troll glances away awkwardly, turning his massive body first one way and then another, in hopes of finding something to pretend to take interest in. Unfortunately the young man only finds homes surrounding him, and trying to hide within them will only frighten the home-owners and compound young Hamund's troubles. He removes one sweaty palmed hand from his pocket in hopes of airing it out. He immediately flinches at the numbing, frigit touch of daylight upon his immense, grey skinned hand. He quickly shoves his hand back into his pocket. The movement is hasty and his fingers are now stiff and uncooperative, and so he tears his pocket slightly before managing to conceal his hand within its depths. The tear sends a cold shiver up the troll's wide back as he now knows the sharp sound will have announced his presence. He gazes back at the aquatic woman. He mouths a practice word, which fails to make any sound. Clearing his throat sounds a little like gravel being ground between bolders, and does little to help him speak. As always he does as his mentor has told him a thousand times before, he remembers his studies, and tries to greet the elf in her own language.**

He- Hephouha jhi- um- jhan jholnre, Hamund. Rseth- uh- Esreth connonnoe.

**Out from the shadows cast by his hood Hamund tries to give the woman a broad smile and hopes he remembered his studies of sea elf dialect properly. Unfortunately he didn't remember correctly and has just told the woman, "Seaweed, feels pleasant on, Hamund. My shoes taste like happy." And so the fine art of diplomacy dies a horrible death at the hands of a failed attempt to speak the woman's native language.**
    ...to the topTop

Blog Entries

Muriel

Morning rises and Muriel has barely slept. Perhaps it’s the thought of going to the place where her family perished and her life changed. She took no provisions with her, as she planned to return that evening. By the look on Elderman Oak’s face, she was not the only one who had been lacking sleep.

Princess, I implore you, please don’t do this. At least allow someone to go with you, for safeties sake. He pleaded.

Muriel sighed softly, she was not use to being in a position of authority and her naturally shyness caused her to want to simply nod her head and agree. It would never cross her mind to go to the boundaries of their Kingdom, but she had to know, didn’t she?

I’m sorry; I can not allow anyone to go with me. She said softly.

There was no continued pleading by Elderman Oak, he had a back-up plan he would use. The look on his face as she turned to leave made Muriel hide her face partially in shame. She wanted to go back to him and tell him that she didn’t really want to go, especially alone, but she couldn’t. With a demure peck on his cheek, Muriel took to the air with a gentle grace.

For a long time, she could feel the eyes of the creatures in the forest upon her. There had been the chatter of the birds wanting to bid the princess to return or at least allow them to accompany her to the edge of the forest. She flew faster through the air as if she could outrun their voices, but instead they seemed to surround her. At least the thought of everyone’s concern gave her comfort; it helped to suppress the growing fear within her.

By mid morning, Muriel had reached the boundaries of the fairy kingdom. It was then she began to make out the noises that she had heard in the distance, the sounds of the siege. She could make out the echo of rock, wood and earth that struck the gates. It caused her heart to beat a little faster and the fear she had been suppressing came fully to the surface. When the first report of a weapon fired, she had dashed behind a tree into a thick part of foliage. It had taken all of her nerve and several moments to reemerge from her hidden place.

She didn’t think she could ever get used to a horrifying noise such as this, it was simply dreadful. To put the noise behind her, Muriel found a squirrel hiding in the same tree and asked him for directions to the place that had claimed her mother and sisters’ lives. She followed the squirrel to a little patch of earth that lay just inside the boundaries of their kingdom; it was scorched as black as night and Muriel had to cover her mouth with her hands to keep from crying out. It was an awful sight; the scorched earth itself brought tears to this creature of nature. She glided down to the ground, feeling the pain of the earth beneath her, but try as she might she could not feel what had happened to her family.

Forgotten were the horrifying sounds of battle and all that was around her, Muriel was trapped in a resurgence of despair as she sat upon the scarred earth and wept. So overcome was she, that she had not realized that a pair of eyes had silently been watching her from the cover of the forest as she came to rest upon the ground. With her face buried in her hands, she had looked up just as the squirrel began to chatter an alarm to her. Muriel’s eyes went wide and she cried out in fear as a hulking giant came toward her. She took to the air with blinding speed, but it was not enough as she was suddenly stopped in her flight. The oaf of a being had grabbed too tightly and Muriel cried out in pain as he crushed one of her wings within his grasp.

Where da ya think yer goin my beauty? The giant replied.

Fear and pain crushed in on her like a whirlwind and the world went black.
    ...to the topTop

Illia Sei

She drank it all. The whole bag of water. She tilted the bag to desperately wiggle the last errant drops out from the belly of the fish and into her mouth. Illia Sei closed her eyes and licked the last droplets from her mouth when she heard it: the sound of tearing cloth. Instinctively, she jerked her head toward the sound and froze like a silver-white fawn caught by a hunter. She should have known better than to delve so hastily into her water lust. Losing oneself in the desire for water can get one into trouble... as she might be with this stranger now.

Illia Sei slowly, cautiously lowered her waterbag and placed it down on the stone rim of the fountain. With just as much slow, cautious care she lifted her webbed hands from the bag and stood erect. her hood fell completely back exposing her very long silver hair and nearly translucent skin to the bright, harsh sunlight that Hamund feared. Despite how much the hotness of it would drain the water from her skin, she stood perfectly still, so much like a frightened fawn, but there was no fear in her eyes. Her expression is serious as she watches him mouth unheard words. It turns even more so and her head tilts slightly once he starts to speak her broken tongue.

"Jai... hephouha se' jhan jholn" she said very carefully and slowly as if trying to make sure he understood her. Yes, seaweed does feel pleasant.The nostrils on her very petite, almost nonexistent nose open and close and her large very blue eyes look down at his shoes for nibble marks. Finding none she returns her gaze to the deep hood of the troll. Her lips close tightly and she swallows as if preparing herself for something great.

"You... try to speak it."

Her was oddly soft, bubbled in speech as if the words had a funny taste in her mouth. Her lips closed again, nostrils flared to suck in the stale surface air. She turned her head, to look once at the water again. She would need to refill her bag and drink again before heading home. The light of the sun caught her hair and made it shine. Illia Sei looked back at Hamund. Her blue eyes looked directly at him, directly into his eyes and she tried to show him that she was not afraid. His size alone made her legs want to tremble. She, too, was not without her knowledge of other races.

"Why... do you follow?" she asked as strongly as she could manage in a language that felt odd to her.
    *The Golden Goddess|The Goddess of All Motherless Secundae*
    *Dexter to the Core|Council of Guidance|Matriarch of Poetry*
    -Official #2 fan of Greg Land|#1 fan of Reesha Teramu & Nevole|#3 fan of Gareth|#4 fan of Arwyn
    1656OF56**Beeber Heads Unite!**4270

\"You know me: everything detailed and long, blah blah blah.\" (Brath OOC)
    ...to the topTop

Blog Entries

Muriel

An unnatural pitch caused Muriel to roll from the prone position in which she lay, pinching her damaged wing against something cold and unyielding. The pain roused her from her state of unconsciousness and she stared into darkness. Panic rose as she tried to focus her eyes, but even the darkness was deceiving as she would catch glimpses of light pierce the veil of night. The ground swayed back and forth, making it difficult to gain her feet. What unnatural thing is this that the ground would move so and why couldn’t she see what was in front of her? Had her injury caused her to bump her head when she passed out? Muriel could make no sense of anything going on around her. Then there were the voices, loud and booming all around her in the darkness, what kind of madness was this?

The ground beneath her continued to sway, she tried to grab onto something to steady her, but she found the earth beneath to be hard and cold. It was a strange texture unlike any she’d ever felt. Just as she thought the motion was going to make her sick, it suddenly stopped. But the sound of voices remained, like the swarming of bees in their hives. Her eyes widened and her heart beat rapidly within her chest, she recognized the pitch of one of those voices, it was the one who had captured her.

Angus smiled to himself as he looked at his prize. Who would have thought that sneaking out of the city would have blessed him with such a bounty? A fairy no less and they are supposed to be only tales of legend. Even with the fae in the woods, he had never come across anyone who had actually seen a live fairy, and yet, here he was, Angus, with the biggest prize of them all. He looked at her delicate features and smiled that she was a pretty fairy to boot. Oh, if only she were his size, he would have caught himself a wife. The thought made him chuckle, as he put her in his coat pocket and snuck back into the city.

He quickly found a small bird cage suitable for keeping her from escaping and then threw the cover over the cage and headed toward the marketplace. Angus couldn’t decide what to do with her sell her and make a hefty profit, or keep her for his amusement. The hulking giant of a man shrugged his shoulders and decided he would see what happens. One thing he knew for sure was, he would be the envy of the city, and would probably become more popular than anyone else. His mind was full of visions of popularity, notoriety and monetary gain from his discovery and he hurried to the marketplace to make his dream become reality.

He came to one of the booths where an old friend and rival set his wares out for sale. He always had that ridiculous bird with him, a parrot he thinks to himself. He remembered how his friend had been bathed in attention the first time he showed that talking bird off. Well, Angus had a genuine fairy! And he knew that it would warrant far more attention than any talking bird. A snaggle tooth grin appeared on his face as he marched right up to his friend.

‘ello Martin. Angus greeted.

Good day to you Angus, what brings you to market today? Ere to bye my bird? Martin retorted.

Nay, I have something much better me ol’ friend.

Angus whipped the cover off the bird cage and that’s when things began to happen. Martin rubbed his eyes several times to make sure he was seeing things right. He was oblivious to the fact that his bird had begun squawking in an irritated manner. People in the marketplace already near Martin’s booth began to make sounds of astonishment. Soon the entire area was surrounding Martin’s booth gawking at the fairy inside the cage.

Light came suddenly, and Muriel’s eyes were momentarily blinded. When they were able to focus, she wished that she had remained blind. The sudden rush of people around her made her heart beat so rapidly that she felt as if it would beat out of her very chest. Her eyes were wide with fright and unbeknownst to her, the more scared she was, the more she glowed. She cried out in fear, but there was no where to run or to hide. The giants around her were laughing and staring and many even jeering.

Looks like Angus finally got himself a wife!

Someone yelled from the crowd as a roar of laughter filled the air. The big man blushed because of his earlier thoughts, but it wasn’t enough to make him pack up his prize and run home. Instead Angus decided he’d try and “handle” the little fairy, after all, this was all about him and his new found popularity. If his head would have been on his shoulders and not in the clouds, he would have noticed the growing irritation of Martin’s pet parrot. The irritation only grew as the anxiety of the fairy increased. Muriel was trying to remain as far from any of them as possible, and she found herself running around inside her prison and occasionally bumping her broken wing. When Angus’ hand drew near the door, Muriel let out a terrified cry and that was all that it took to set the parrot off. He flew from his perch and began pecking at Angus and anyone else that came near the cage. The crowd at first gasped, but it soon ended in another roar of laughter.

Looks like he has competition too! Another person yelled.

The battle seemed to go on for several minutes and Muriel was overcome with terror. She curled up on the bottom of the cage floor and shut her eyes tightly as bird and man battled it out. Soon on of city guards came and broke up the crowd and sent them on there way, and warned Angus of stirring up anymore problems. Disappointed on the outcome of his trip to the marketplace, Angus stood away from the cage for awhile to let the parrot settle down. It was the only thing he could do without being pecked to death. Perhaps selling this fairy was a better option he thought, as he stewed over on the side.
    ...to the topTop

Yehlee lay in the pathway of the market, battered and unconscious, her healers pack still on her back. At least that had not been stolen. None came to her aid and the thief made a clean get away with her only remaining treasure from her mother, her staff. Yehlee was bleeding from a small cut delivered by the staff near her eye. The patrons were more interested in something or rather someone else.

Yehlee finally began to regain her senses. The sky looked fuzzy and her head hurt. Yehlee figured she had not been out too long or someone would have at least shoved her out of their way. She sat up and felt the world tilt. The crowd’s riveted attention seemed to rest on a squawking parrot and a very large hulking fellow; that was all Yehlee could tell from her position as she sat up.

“Help! HURRY,” a tiny voice cried in the recess of Yehlee’s mind. It seemed familiar and yet she could not remember hearing it speak before. Yehlee reached into her pack and poured a packet of herbs into her hand. Shoving the herbs into her mouth, she tried to stand. The young woman swayed on her feet but was finally able to bring the world back into focus. She rubbed her aching head and wondered if she were imagining the cry for help. She started to turn with intent to walk away but the parrot’s insistent cry caught her attention.

Yehlee moved to the outside of the crowd and was horrified to spot the delicate little creature in the cage, so obviously injured. Her face fell and she looked up at the brute. Then her furious gaze fell on the crowd.
    “How dare you? All of you gaping at this poor wee thing, when she is obviously injured and in need of aid! Shame on you! Is this city of Falurst so wicked that the defenseless and injured are mocked?” Yehlee’s eyes sparkled with barely contained fury and she shook her finger at them all like a scolding mother. Her rage was partly due to her own miserable state but also righteous indignation at Muriel’s treatment. “I came to this city to bring healing among you! I have to be askin’ myself if that was such a wise undertakin! Right now I have to be wondering if any of you deserve to have your wounds bound and your sicknesses healed!”
    ...to the topTop

Paladin Quaxo9 is offline Quaxo9's Avatar

The crowd of people that had ignored Yehlee so efficiently now turned their attentions to her as she ranted about their treatment of the fairy. The merry emotions, however malevolent, quickly soured into an uneasy hostility. Yehlee would feel the crowd shift - and not in her favour. A man standing in the approximate front-and-centre of the mob crossed his arms over his barrel chest and growled out a question.

"So, ye be feelin' sympathy for th' enemy now, do ye?"

A murmur of displeasure ran through those within range of this gravelly voice as wooden implements suddenly made their presence known in several hands. This fairy was a prisoner of war. Those that Yehlee had healed and helped wouldn't meet her eyes, but still stood in solidarity with their fellow Falurstians. The young healer had all their ears at her disposal as they awaited her response.
    Winner of the dubious Vaarsuvius Award for Verbousness!

I support altruism.
    ...to the topTop

Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast