Quarrels and Quills - The Play by Post Role-Playing Community - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 26 12311 ... LastLast
    Founder Jason Sanborn is offline Jason Sanborn's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Final Fantasy RP

Final Fantasy RP

The city of Bevelle is the largest city in all of Spira, and the cultural center for the followers of Yevon. The palace of St. Bevelle is large, and is a sanctuary for Yevon. Priests and Priestesses train within the walls of the palace, some even aspiring to become a summoner and defeat Sin. It is the hope of every summoner that they would be the one to defeat Sin once and for all, and to end the spiral of death that has plagued Spira for the last 600 years.
    Five years ago, High Summoner Gandof fought and defeated Sin. A great chasm was formed in the Calm lands as a result of the battle. Everyone had hoped that this was a sign that Sin was finally defeated for good, but that was not the case. Sin has returned once again, and the fiends and Sin Spawn threaten the people of Spira once more. Now, new summoners and their guardians rise to the challenge. Each summoner must begin the perilous journey that eventually leads them to the ruined city of Zanarkand to gain the Final Aeon, and defeat Sin in the Calm Lands once again.

In a meditation room in the Palace of St. Bevelle, an elderly priest of Yevon walks towards a young woman. The priest, Grathen, had helped care for and teach Lana during her years studying Yevon's teachings in Bevelle. He considered the young woman as a daughter to him.

"Are you sure you want to go through with this, Lana?" he asked the woman. "You know the trials of the summoner are difficult, and you know where that path invariably leads."
    QC1: From this day forth you shall be called "Sprinkle Berryweather".

Kevin Flynn: The Grid. A digital frontier. I tried to picture clusters of information as they moved through the computer. What did they look like? Ships, motorcycles? Were the circuits like freeways? I kept dreaming of a world I thought I'd never see. And then, one day... ...I got in!

...to the topTop

Grimlock
    Gypsy
    Lana smiled to the kind old man. Lana was an average height woman with light brown hair and bright blue eyes. At 21 years old, she already seen too many people she cared about die to Sin.

"Yes. It is worth anything to make sure Sin is gone for good. I'm willing to do whatever it takes, just like my uncle did."

Lana couldn't believe it had already been 5 years since her uncle, Gandof, had passed away. She missed him and had prayed the Calm would last forever. But that was not to be. Sin was back and Lana was ready to train as a summoner. She hoped to defeat Sin for good. At least then the final outcome of this would not be done in vain. She squared her shoulders.

"I'm ready to start the trials."
    ...to the topTop

Tiraku watched from afar, hoping he wouldn't be seen. the young adult, only now becoming a man, always wanted to see a summoner. he heard many things aout them, but he never saw one with his own eyes.

Credits: Jessss!!! From AMR~!

" I'm not going to change the world, but I guarantee that I'll spark the mind who will"
    *-Tupac Shakur

uncle of danaepixie (long story), father of blinks and Buffy Fan.
    ...to the topTop

Founder Jason Sanborn is offline Jason Sanborn's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Grathen nodded solemnly.

"I understand. You uncle said much the same thing when he began his journeys."

Grathen sighed.

"You know, if I were younger, I would be your guardian myself, but you already have two capable guardians, don't you? May the blessings of Yevon go with you, Lana."

Grathen cupped his hands, putting one hand pointing down, and another pointing up, as if he were holding a ball, then he bowed to her at the waist, the prayer of Yevon.
    ...to the topTop

Elle...a tall slender woman with picth black hair down to her mid-back, and yet still wears all white...paces back and forth as she sighs waiting for the soon to be summoner Lana to finish praying...she looks around at the designs on all of the walls and eventually sits down and leans against one of them...while she sits she begins to play with her hair...
    Someone in RP. most likely Elle in Final Fantasy, Amora, and The Angels in Minitys army, or Philida- Ursus' counterpart
    ...to the topTop

*tiraku climbed over a building, and fell in front of the meditation room.*
    ...to the topTop

Grimlock
    Gypsy
    "Yes Grathen, I know you would have. You have done so much for me already. Thank you."

Lana also did the prayer of Yevon to him. She heard a crash and frowned. She probably just imagined it. She was nervous. She walked out of the prayer room and looked towards the entrance to the Cloister of Trials. She would enter it now and recieve her first Aeon. Then she would finally be a true summoner. It saddened her to look at it though. This is where she told her uncle goodbye. She had wanted him to stay, but knew he couldn't. What made her upset was she knew he would never come back.

"Lana, you know I must go. Sin will be defeated and Yevon willing, the Calm will last forever." Gandof told her.

"I pray it will, but...." Lana said to her uncle sad and on the verge of tears.

"No 'buts'. I knew for a long time what I would have to do. I only wish I didn't have to leave you. I know Grathen will take good care of you." Lana could see he didn't want to leave, but had no choice. He drew her into a hug.

"Lana when the Calm comes and people celebrate, sing that song that you used to sing that I loved so much. Can you do that for me?"

"Yes."

"Good girl." Gandof held his beloved niece tight. She reminded him so much of her mother.

"Remeber that no matter what happens that I love you and I'm very proud of you."

"...I love you too Uncle." Gandof smiled to her and kissed her forehead. He hugged and walked away. He never returned but defeated Sin.

Lana was lost in the memory a moment, she forgot were she was. She wiped a small tear from her eye. She had sang that song her uncle wanted, and although she didn't cry as she sang. When she was alone in her room she did. The people of Spira were so happy that the Calm came, but she was so upset because she knew her uncle was never coming back. Lana never did sing that song again either. She took a deep breath, she couldn't think of it now. She had to be strong mentally and physically to receieve her first Aeon. She saw Elle waiting and wondered where Salin was. She didn't want to start the trials with out them by her side. She walked over to Elle.

"Elle? I'm ready to start the trials."
    ...to the topTop

Elle quickly stands up and gives a slight smile, she brushes some hair out of Lana's face...

then I suggest we get started...and dont worry about Salin, he is more than capable of catching up...

Elle soon takes the lead into the cloister and anyone in her way quickly moves to bow and do the Prayer of Yevon to both her and the soon-to-be summoner simply to wish them luck...but Elle walks by swiftly as if she doesnt even see them...
    ...to the topTop

Grimlock
    Gypsy
    Lana did look around to see Salin was here. She nodded at Elle when she mentioned him.

"Yeah you're right. Salin will probably catch up to us in no time."

Then she smiled slightly when she got more hair in her face and brushed it back. Although Elle didn't pay the people much mind, Lana smiled to them as they did the Prayer of Yevon. She would have done it back to each of them, but it would have taken forever to do so. She figured she do just before they entered.
    ...to the topTop

tiraku stood up and peek through the keyhole. he saw LAna and Elle.

cool. I get to see a summoner. for 21 dreadful years.. I've been searching for one!
    ...to the topTop

Page 1 of 26 12311 ... LastLast