Quarrels and Quills - The Play by Post Role-Playing Community - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 1129 12311511015011001 ... LastLast

Thread: Miss Take' Inn

Miss Take' Inn

Miss Take' Inn

Mai Take' faced the drunken bruiser, her lovely features drawn into a decided frown, her fists planted on her rounded hips.
    "If you figure you are going to break up my place and not pay, you are figuring with a DULL PENCIL! Now hand over the damages or I'll call the city guards and you can talk to the magistrate!"
    Mai's ample chest moved slowly as she unobtrusively regulated her breathing in preparation. This was just in case she would need to expose her one true talent, the incredible strength she possessed. The man sneered at her and reached over to attempt to fondle the woman confronting him in an attempt to embarrass and humiliate her. Her regular patrons cringed for they knew what was coming. Mai was strategically facing the curtain draped door. With lightning speed and almost inhuman strength; she jumped up, kicked the man with both feet and sent him neatly flying out the curtains and into the street beyond. She landed like a cat on her feet and sprang after him. He lay staring up at the stars still unsure what had just happened to him. Mai came and stood over him holding out her hand.
    "You owe 10% extra for making me lose my temper! Are you going to pay up and go home or are you going to need to see the magistrate?"
    Mai raised an eyebrow calmly and waited for the man to decide.
    ...to the topTop

Founder Lairston is offline Lairston's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Re: Miss Take' Inn

A robed figure with a staff looks down at the man that Mai just sent on his back. As she hovered over him demanding payment, Lairston took his staff and sent the end of it into the man's stomach.

Quit disturbing my meal and pay her what you owe. Or do you want to go around without any hands to fondle nor a tongue to speak? Nor this.

He smacks him in the midsection with his staff

It can be arranged. I have a spell.

Lairston smiles wickedly within the shadows of his hood.
    ...to the topTop

The man on the ground rubbed a trickle of blood from the corner of his mouth and glared at Mai.

"What ARE you?" he growled back at Mai. When the stranger arrived and made it evident he was not going to be allowed to challenge Mai again, the drunk grunted and tried to get up. Mai eyed the newcomer for a moment, crossing her arms defiantly.

"If you desire food and drink you are welcome to my Inn. No free rides here though. Truly I can handle this fool alone friend." Mai looked down imperiously at the man who was now trying to crawl away discreetly.

Mai decided to cut her losses and tend to her new customer. She smiled at him and gestured to the interior of her Inn. However, the derelict seemed too intent on revenge. He regained his feet, in a drunken rage he flung himself at Mai's back. Mai spun around, connecting her fist with his already tender midsection. The force sent the man several feet backward onto his back again where he lay still. At that moment a city guard arrived, he groaned and shook his head.

"Mai... why don't you call on us sooner? It's a pain to have to carry these guys back instead of making them walk!"
    The guard sighed and motioned to his men to detain the man lying in the dirt. They picked the fellow up and drug him with them out of sight.

"I'm sorry Captain Taylor, truly I am but I'm out a bit of coin on this one. Drank up two bottles of my best. You know I can't afford that, I am running a business here. Come by later and I'll buy you a drink to make up for the trouble." Mai winked saucily at the guard then turned back to the hooded stranger with a warm smile.

"Well now... let me do the same for you, I'll buy you a drink for your assistance."
    ...to the topTop

Blog Entries

Lairston looked at Mai as she let him know that she can handle it and mumbled...

My apologies.

When the drunk attacked again, Lairston this time, stepped aside to avoid being hit by Mai and was surprised by her strength. He was doubly surprised when she offered to buy him a drink.

An ale would be good.

He eyed the menu for a second.

And a Fowl stack with widgets*.

He reached into his robes and pulled out a pouch that jingled and dropped it on the table next to him. A gold coin falls out and comes to rest next to the pouch

And unlike the drunk I can pay after my on the house drink.

((*Turkey Club with French Fries )
    ...to the topTop

Mai laughed merrily and went behind the bar to pour the ale. She sat it down and nodded.

"I'll be right back with your food, my friend." She disappeared briefly into the kitchen area and soon emerged with a plate of food which she placed in front of the cloaked stranger with a flourish. She also shoved a bowl of the salted nuts toward him. Making her patrons thirstier was always a welcome business tactic and she never hid her intent.

"You need anything else let me know. Name's Mai, Mai Take'. (Pronunciation: My Tah- kee) I own this place..." Mai was interrupted by a man at the end of the long bar.

"MAI! Don't be talking to strange men, you promised to marry ME!"
    He hollered loudly, a good-natured grin on his face. Another man shook his head. "Nope ME..." then promptly passed out. Mai smiled.
    "Charlie, I told you I will never consider marrying you until you pay your tab in full!" Mai teased him back never missing a beat. The patrons sitting at the bar laughed uproariously as did the man called 'Charlie'. It seemed to be a commonly shared joke.

"Besides Charlie, I think your wife would have a few objections..." Another patron yelled out, causing more laughter and good-natured teasing of the man named Charlie.

Mai moved to clear up empty mugs and dishes, quickly sweeping up the coins and making them disappear into the depths of her tunic. Her male patrons watched the coins disappear gleefully into the cleavage that often caught their imagination. Mai would grin mischievously, sometimes wink then turn back to cleaning mugs or serving more ale. The banter was playful but one could tell Mai took none of them seriously.
    ...to the topTop

Count / Countess Tigers is offline Tigers's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Jezz

Jezz settled up to the bar. She’d been in Mai’s Inn before when the drunks had put the owner to the test. She watched with mild amusement as Mai showed him the exit. Smiling to herself, Jezz took a long drink from her mug of ale. Mai was her kind of person, that’s why she chose to spend her money here, than anywhere else in Falrust. Besides, the two women did have several things in common that went beyond their attractive features.

Jezz set her mug of ale down on the counter and wiped the foam from her mouth with the sleeve or her leathered glove. Her thick red hair was neatly braided down her back and she wore the leathers of an archer and scout. It was common knowledge in Falrust that Jezz could hit any target she set her mind too, no matter how difficult the challenge. She was also partial to a staff and broadsword, but was more often seen with her bow strapped to her back. Jezz was also notorious for her fiery tempter which many attributed to her fiery red hair and bloodline. Jezz never took lip from anyone, and she was quick to show them the error of their ways. She was hard to get to know and it was unknown if she ever let anyone in or close to her. Jezz was a loner and preferred only the company of Mai and the customers of her Inn, much to the dismay of many male suitors. Jezz was fairly tall for a woman and her beauty was matched by the curves of her figure. But unlike Mai, Jezz was quick to let any male know she was not interested in their advances, even if they were only in jest.

She waited for Mai to finish with her new customer and she tossed another coin on the counter.

Mai, fix me up with another!
    Peace is a lie
    There is only passion
    Through passion I gain strength
    Through strength I gain power
    Through power I gain victory
    Through victory my chains are broken
    The Force shall set me free
    ...to the topTop

Mai turned around just as Jezz was slapping the coin down, a full mug in her hand.
    "Somehow I KNEW you were going to say that Jezz!" Mai laughed and plunked the mug down in front of the other woman.
    "Say have you heard of anyone being allowed outside yet? Taylor is being tight-lipped as a turtle!" Mai asked Jezz.
    ...to the topTop

Count / Countess Tigers is offline Tigers's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Jezz

Jezz gave Mai a sly grin as she titled the mug to her lips. The smile faded however, when Mai asked about word on the lock-down within Falrust. It was a sore subject with Jezz, as she had been inside the walls of the city longer than she'd ever been. The stench was atrocious, she never could understand why the city elves had so long ago left the beauty of nature for this stink hole. She set her mug down with an unceremonious bang and gave Mai a hard look.

Not a word Mai, and if this seige doesn't end soon I'll likely drink myself to death in your Inn. But more than likely, I reach the end of my patience and find answers my way.
    ...to the topTop

Ryan sat in the back corner and watched the room. He had been in the Miss Take Inn the last three weeks straight and always found it entertaining. Mai was a fascinating character and very easy on the eyes. He always tipped well and never bothered anyone. In return Mai kept his mug full and understood that he was not into conversation. As he listened to Jezz he realized that he was in a similar predicament. He was bored and going stir crazy.

It had been several years since he had given up his ship Revenge. She had a new crew and a new captain. Barely out of his twenties Ryan already had more money then he could ever spend. But the open seas and the call of adventure still spoke to him. He let his hand fall onto the hilt of his rapier and smiled as he remembered times of adventure and excitement. He needed to find something more entertaining then watching Mai throw out the riff raff every day.

Perhaps he needed to organize a jail break. How hard could it be? He could find a few dwarfs and pay them to dig a tunnel under the wall. A secret tunnel that he controlled. Then he could help bring supplies into the city and help people get out. Now there was a plan with some excitement. Plus a tidy profit to boot. Sure Ryan didn't need the money, but old habits die hard.
    ...to the topTop

Blog Entries

Jimli

A young dwarf, Jimli, who worked at keeping the floors clean was busy mopping up the disaster that had erupted earlier but he wasn't paying much attention to the floor because he was to busy watching his boss Mai serve the drinks. He had dreams of the two if them nightly and right now he was daydreaming.

Which unbeknownst to him, his bucket was moved as someone was heading back to the restroom and he stepped right into it and fell over it and as he landed the bucket turned over leaving him drenched.

BAH! Why me?
    ...to the topTop

Page 1 of 1129 12311511015011001 ... LastLast