Quarrels and Quills - The Play by Post Role-Playing Community - Powered by vBulletin
Page 3 of 1129 FirstFirst 1234513531035031003 ... LastLast

Thread: Miss Take' Inn

Re: Miss Take' Inn

Many of the regulars were filtering out back to their homes. With the crowd thinning out Mai decided to try her hand at Pair & Ace with Jezz. She was amazed the men were so shy about facing them. Mai shrugged and tossed the dice first. She looked shocked, maybe her luck was about to change!
    ...to the topTop

Count / Countess Tigers is offline Tigers's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Jezz

Jezz must have had more to drink than even she had realized, had Mai just told her she could stay with her?! She placed the coin back into her purse without thinking and thanked Mai for her kindness. A moment of indecision crossed her mind about the offer, but she decided against her better judgement. Jezz figured she'd be passed out and never realize that she was in the same room with another person. Not that there was anything wrong with Mai's company, it was just the feeling of being around another human being after spending so much time alone that caused her to pause on the offer. Or was it perhaps the thought of weakness to unburden her soul to someone?

Jezz turned toward Ryan, it seemed he was more willing to watch than play. The other patrons looked even less thrilled about joining a game, but perhaps it was more because of Jezz's reputation as a hothead. Now what to do? Jezz was running out of options and the ale had begun to wear down at that hotheaded tough exterior. She supposed she could try and round up a group and place bets on who can hold their alcohol better, but then again, most knew that Jezz was also very good at that. Luckily for her Mai was willing to play. Without thinking, she took a drink of ale and set the mug back on the counter.

Mai, what's the house special tonight? Jezz asked as she watched Mai throw the dice.
    Peace is a lie
    There is only passion
    Through passion I gain strength
    Through strength I gain power
    Through power I gain victory
    Through victory my chains are broken
    The Force shall set me free
    ...to the topTop

"Chicken pie, Jezz. Some of those roosters were getting on my nerves! Cheeky little buggers..." Mai grinned mischievously.

"However they have redeemed themselves in my sight...want to try some?"
    ...to the topTop

Ryan watched the ladies throw the dice for a few hands. He let a small laugh escape his lips as he remembered watching his men gamble on long voyages. Of course on a pirate ship it wasn't a matter of if they would cheat, that was a given, but rather who cheated the best.

After a little bit he decided to head back to his table. He gave a small bow and slipped away. With his back to the wall he put his feet up on the opposing chair and got comfortable. He had a room upstairs for when he decided to sleep, but he wasn't ready yet. The night was young and he was sure more entertainment was to follow. Jezz and Mai were both gambling and enticing others to join. He could only imagine what would happen should they discover one of the men trying to cheat them.

After a few weeks here Ryan knew one thing for certain, neither of these ladies were in the need of a rescue.
    ...to the topTop

Blog Entries

Jezz

Chicken pie would be delightful. Jezz replied.

My stomach thanks you in advance. She added with a grin.

No sense in letting the ale claim all domain over her stomach tonight. Jezz sat back down on her stool their game momentarily forgotten as she was lost in thought. As Mai's patrons began to dwindle, Jezz began to relax a bit and she became more like her old self, a glimpse many would never see.
    ...to the topTop

Founder Lairston is offline Lairston's Avatar
    Blog Entries

As Lairston ate his sandwich he studied the other patrons in the inn. He was looking for the right accomplice to get out of this city. He came here simply to get a meal but got trapped here when the gates were closed unexpectedly.

He overlooked the dwarf until he made a commotion with the bucket which resulted in Lairston laughing quietly to himself.

He wasn't sure what to make of the one called Ryan. Other than he seemed to like solitary.

His eyes fell on Jezz and he could tell she was unhappy about something. But her attitude is the same as his on this seige. Perhaps she would be good at getting out of the city. And Mai seemed to be sad when she thought no one was looking. He doubted she wanted to leave though. Not with this bonanza that this inn provides.

When Jezz got the dice game started, Lairston watched the game and also grabbed his money pouch and slipped it back in his inner pocket after leaving enough to cover the meal under his plate. Thinking to himself, to tempting to leave it sit on the table like that.

Then smiled at Mai as she walked by...

Could I have a refill?
    ...to the topTop

"Now that's a silly question, if you have the coin, I'll keep it topped off for you! No problem!" Mai laughed, her demeanor teasing. She was quick to replenish the stranger's drink. She decided he too must wish to remain anonymous for after she had offered up her name, he had remained silent. Mai had no problem with that. Many of her customers needed the darker corners for various personal reasons and Mai would not pry.

One of the strangers in for the evening was becoming increasingly drunk, pawing at Mai as she passed. She was able to fend him off most of the time but this time she had both hands full of ale pitchers filled to the brim. He stood up and grabbed Mai, kissing her before she could put the pitchers down. She placed the pitchers on a table with a stiff smile then turned around to slug the poor fellow.

"I think it's time for him to take to his bed now, don't you Jimli? He's in room 12." Mai observed, her full lips pulled into an imperious frown.

''What is with these men all of the sudden? We best be getting this city freed before all the men turn feral on us!' Mai thought with chagrin.
    ...to the topTop

Blog Entries

Jezz

Jezz ate the delicious chicken pie that Mai had set before her as she enjoyed the increasing quiet that had begun to settle within the Inn. With the exception of the stay drunk that tried to paw at Mai, thing had begun to wind down for the night. Jezz found herself growing tired as her dinner filled her stomach, but she couldn't go to bed just yet there was something she had to do. She cleared her dish and out of curteousy to Mai cleaned her own dish and placed within the rack. She turned to Mai who had just finished with the drunken patron.

If you don't mind Mai, I think I'll turn in a bit early.
    Thank you again for offering to share your room. And tomorrow, I promise you, if the siege has not stopped, I swear by the setting sun I'll climb that wall and leave of my own accord.

The last remark was more out of frustration, but Mai would know that if things didn't change soon, Jezz would literally climb the wall and leave. And more than likely, she'd bust a few head in the process.
    ...to the topTop

"If you don't mind Mai, I think I'll turn in a bit early.
    Thank you again for offering to share your room. And tomorrow, I promise you, if the siege has not stopped, I swear by the setting sun I'll climb that wall and leave of my own accord."

As Jezz said it Ryan knew he had to put his plan in action.

He got up and slid some coins down the bar to Mai.

"As always M'lady, the service was excellent."

Then he headed out the front door and towards the inner city. Although Ryan had not partaken in any criminal activities since arriving in the city, he knew where to find the proper element. There was one dwarf in particular who would be up to the job. He was the craziest dwarf Ryan had ever met. If anyone would be willing to dig an illegal tunnel under the wall, it was Cerbast.
    ...to the topTop

Founder Lairston is offline Lairston's Avatar
    Blog Entries

After Mai delt with the drunk, Lairston cleared his throat.

Not all of us men act like that. Some of us know how to treat a beautiful woman.

He bowed in a manner revealing that he is from the kingdom to the north.((Hopefully not a bad thing. )) And then takes her hand and kisses the back of it in continuation of the northern ritual.

I am Lairston Jamorie.

He then releases her hand. Hopefully before she slugs him. And sits back down.

When Jezz announces her plan to retire for the night and what she will do. He approaches her and whispers so only she can hear

Jezz is it? I too wish to vacate this city. If we work together, we should be able to get outside these walls with neither of us getting caught.

Or if in a pinch I escape and you get caught he thinks to himself.

We just need to work on a plan... tomorrow. Since it is so late. Interested?
    ...to the topTop

Page 3 of 1129 FirstFirst 1234513531035031003 ... LastLast