Quarrels and Quills - The Play by Post Role-Playing Community - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Count / Countess Tigers is offline Tigers's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Eryonne - The Northern Lands

Eryonne - The Northern Lands

There was a part of Jezz that dreaded leaving. She had found a dear friend in Mai and to leave her at a time when she was facing her own trials made Jezz feel a little selfish. But there was also a dark cloud hanging over Jezz, a sense of foreboding that she couldn’t shake. Was it a brave thing or stupid to walk into the future feeling that it would not end happily?

She had said her tearful goodbyes, feeling that it was indeed the last time she would see Mai. The thought sent a chill down her spine and a stab of fear into her soul, but she knew that she could no longer deny her past. Jezz shifted her pack over her shoulder and made sure that her bow and quiver were secure for the long journey home. She suddenly felt alone and vulnerable.

Under the cover of night, Jezz headed for the wall she had scaled earlier. She had hoped to say goodbye to Fintan before she left, but he was nowhere to be found. As she approached her destination, she saw a flash of white fire, the quick glimpse made her think that it had been Fintan. Hesitating to want to leave, she figured a few more moments to track down the wolf and give him a proper rub behind the ears would not hurt.

Jezz followed the white streak of fire toward the entrance of a cavern. Thinking nothing of it, she followed Fintan into the darkness, softly calling his name.
    Peace is a lie
    There is only passion
    Through passion I gain strength
    Through strength I gain power
    Through power I gain victory
    Through victory my chains are broken
    The Force shall set me free
    ...to the topTop

Re: Eryonne - The Northern Lands

Coming out of the shadows, a translucent head rose above some rocks. Who was coming this late to disturb his sleep? Who dared? Who… Bleh, he wasn't really sleeping at all and boredom was killing him. Well, "killing him", he snorted… as if that was even possible.

His head moved a little higher and then it fell to the floor.

"Dammit." His hands grabbed the gaseous head and put it back in its place. "I'm going to lose it, I swear I'll lose it!"

Standing proud hidden behind a pile of rocks and wood, he waited till Jezz was close, real close. When she was the closest, he came through the debris with haunting eyes and a wide open mouth, he screamed.

"BOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"
    ...to the topTop

Blog Entries

Jezz

Jezz had been concentrating on the white-fire that had entered the cave. When she came upon the pile of rocks and wood instinct kicked in with the sudden outburst of the ghostly figure. Her staff in her hand, she had thrust it out to jab her attacker in the gut to render him incapacitated. But this is was no ordinary person, in fact it wasn't a person at all, as her staff passed right through it.

By the pitts of Laarin, what are you creature?!

Jezz still held her staff at the ready, although it was useless against such a creature.
    ...to the topTop

BOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHH!!! BOOOOOO! BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHH!
    BAH!

"What am I? You dare ask what am I "

The ghostly creature grabbed his head and threw it against Jezz, passing through her as if it was just a wave of hot air. The head, on the other side, kept babbling.

"I am the end of your peace. I am your most torturing sight. I am your regret for living!"

His headless body kicked her but his leg went right through her once again.

"I am the embodiment of everything you've always hated. I am the voice of your grandparent telling you the same story over and over and over again. I am the annoying kid that keeps asking 'are we there yet?' I am the torn that's stuck within your shoe."

The ghost sat down as his head rolled towards him, as it continued ranting in a lower tone as if he was just losing interest.

"I am the rancid food that you're forced to eat. I am the sickening taste in your mouth after you've partied too much."

"I am just so darn bored "
    ...to the topTop

-+Fintan+--

-+At the Rainbow Caverns, Orin looked woefully up at the mysterious woman A wreath of gold encircled her brow as if she were of royal blood and when she reached out to touch his cheek, he saw a plate with the mal'loki, the Golden Dragon of the Sea Elves. Orin had heard of such mystical creatures in stories told to him long ago when he was a boy. Rivers, water were an important life source for his nomadic peoples and Elves of the Sea were revered with great respect. To be spoken to or touched b such a solitary creature was overwhelming to Orin, but not so much that he did not hear her words. Beside him, Cuan made a soft noise and then laid his head down between his paws.+-

"What must I do?" -+He asked of her. Orin did not ask who could help him because he knew he was the only one who could break the curse. Silently, Cuan lifted his head with alert ears and looked back down the rows of ancient twisted trees and broken statues into the darkness.

"Astalderea" -+she said wistfully with a distant look as if remember memories from generations before Orin was born.+- "are given their names for the very reason that they must overcome something great and difficult."

-+Orin nodded his head at her sage words. Behind him, Cuan got up and trotted a few paces toward the darkness. He stood stiffly with his ears intently listening. Suddenly, he began to whine. Sharply, Illia Sei and orin look up. Both stand, though Illia Sei takes a step back. Water ripples outward from her touch, causing the bright light that radiated from the bottom of the Rainbow Cavern to pulse and flicker.+-

"Someone comes?" -+Orin asked. Interacting with someone semi-human helped him to regain his human mind. Immediately he stood tall and walked forward ready to defend his new ally, however a strange and unexpected one she might be. Cuan remained stiff and his growls turned to small wuffs and snuffing noises. Illia Sei looked ready to flee back into the water. She was crouched low to the water's surface with a hand outstretched toward where the water go deeper as if ready to grab something. She rose slightly, very agile and well balanced and listened to Cuan and to the night as Orin did. Her keen hearing heard things Orin did not.

"Someone calls you by your cursed name. Perhaps it is the reason you fight to be free?"

-+Orin took several silent steps forward toward the darkness. Jezz had come for him, but... he couldn't... he couldn't... He balls his fists for a moment of supreme frustration.+-

"I must go" -+He said, staring into the darkness.+- "Thank you... for your words."

Orin and Cuan started jogging together into the darkness, but before they disappeared from her keen eyesight, she saw then turn toward the right and head back to hide within the ancient protection of the trees and stone. Illia Sei stood up in the water and watched him go. From the deeper part of the water, she took up her wrapped trident and put it across her back and waited in the standing water. This world was very new from her and already it was very strange. She looked into the darkness trying to decide which way to go.+-
    *The Golden Goddess|The Goddess of All Motherless Secundae*
    *Dexter to the Core|Council of Guidance|Matriarch of Poetry*
    -Official #2 fan of Greg Land|#1 fan of Reesha Teramu & Nevole|#3 fan of Gareth|#4 fan of Arwyn
    1656OF56**Beeber Heads Unite!**4270

\"You know me: everything detailed and long, blah blah blah.\" (Brath OOC)
    ...to the topTop

Blog Entries

Jezz

Jezz reacted as the ghostly man threw his head at her. She was not normally so easy to scare, but this wasn't something she considered normal. Her fear began to subside however as the ghost began to babble. If this is what he has become in the afterlife, Jezz wondered what he was like alive. She glanced several times at the cave, wanting to see if it had been Fintan she saw. She let out a sigh, and turned to the ghost.

If you are trying to tell me that you are here to haunt me over the decisions I've made in life, you are too late ghost. If you are trying to encourage me to change those things, my journey has already begun and you are no longer needed.

Jezz paused a moment as she studied the ghastly figure.

What is it you were known by before you left the realm of men? What is your name ghost?

Her people were known for their superstitious beliefs and it was hard not to believe this a sign or omen about her journey. It would have been hard to deny such feelings except for the fact that when the ghost spoke all those feelings and beliefs disappeared with the nonsense. Jezz glanced over toward the cave again, suprisingly a little annoyed, she wanted to catch Fintan, she needed to catch Fintan, and the desire as to why eluded her.
    ...to the topTop

The ghostly figure put his head back on top of his torso and raised an eyebrow as he stared at Jezz. "You give yourself so much credit. I don't care about your decisions, nor your quest, nor even about your reasons for being here. And why do I have to explain myself to you anyway? I wanted to scare you and you didn't, so, consider my day ruined. Thank-you-very-much."

He threw some of his fingers to a little lizard that was looking at them, and it ran as if it had the devil in its tail. "Now, that's a grateful creature. They feel fear and they run. It shouldn't be that complicated, Miss Complicated." He said using that tone.

"My name shouldn't matter much. I've been without one for ages and I stopped caring. Why should you?"
    ...to the topTop

Blog Entries

Jezz

I will not apologize to you for not running away. Jezz said with a bit of anger in her voice.

If you were this miserable alive, it is no wonder you have not found peace in death. It maybe ghost that you were sent to me after all, to show me what I could become.

It was clear that Jezz was irritated with the spectre before her. She had not been scared, but his appearance had been rather startling. Any emotion she might have felt had been drowned in the wave of rude and apathetic behavior on his part.

I have business to attend to, if your only desire is to remain rude, then we are finished. When I return if you are still here and can remember what manners were like, then perhaps conversation will ease your boredom.

Jezz turned her back on the ghost and began to walk into the mouth of the cave in search of Fintan.
    ...to the topTop

Blog Entries

Jezz

Jezz continued through the mouth of the cave, listening to the grumbling of the ghost as she went. Again, she began to call out to Fintan, hoping it had been the wolf that had entered here. The sound of water reverberated along the cave walls, Jezz found it ver soothing. She watched as the lights reflected of the water, painting their colors across the ceilings and floor.

She stopped for a moment, adjusting her eyes to the change in darkness and allowed her senses to become alert to the new environment. Had there been the echoes of voices, and why did one of them sound so familar to her? Like a vision from a dream, Jezz thought she saw a woman up ahead. From the delicate shape of her frame and the curves of her body, the darkness seemed to speak of femininity. Jezz called out into the darkness, her mind alert, but her voice soft.

Hello? Is someone there? Are you hurt? I mean you no harm.

She did not want to frighten the figure in the dark, and if the figure proved to be unfriendly, Jezz would be ready. She moved closer, cautiously and with purposeful steps. The water became clearer, and the reflection of the light became brighter almost like the sun.

Hello? I will not harm you

She repeated as she approached.
    ...to the topTop

-+Fintan+--

-+He had been around Jezz since she first arrived at the Inn, but to see her, finally see her under human eyes was like seeing daylight again for the first time in ages. He couldn't remember the last time he' seen her as a man, though it was most likely the last time there was a new moon. He couldn't remember it. Each time he and Cuan separated into what they truly were, it got harder and harder to remember how to act like a man. How to think like a man. It was, as if, he were slowly losing the human side of his soul to the side of the wolf. It took all his remaining power to not run out from behind the large, fallen statue where they stood and watched. They had to be quiet. Jezz was a hunter and skilled tracker just like anyone with sense form their clans were. To ensure that Orin would not move, Cuan gently took his left wrist between his jaws and held on tight.+-

When Jezz arrived, she had just draw up her hood though very long silver strands had fallen out after she bent down and retrieved her wrapped trident from the water. She heard Jezz coming long before the woman had called out to her. Initially she stood very still like a fawn ready to fly, but she recognized the voice as the one who called for Fintan, the cursed name of the man and his wolf. Slowly she stood. The slits in her sea silk skirt, perfect for agility in the water, now slid closed around her pale, white legs. She wore no shoes and basked in the feeling of the water coursed over the webbing between her toes. The woman saw her and Illia Sei marveled at her keen human eyesight for a moment before replying to her.

"The ones you search for have gone, Voronwer."

Loyal One. There was an odd sound to her voice when she spoke the Common Tongue of Man. Almost like bubbles, something lighter than normal. It was an odd sort of accent, one that hadn't been heard by the ears of men in ages past. In observing the woman, her primal dress and huntress stride, the Sea Elf knew that she was not of this city. Curiously, she wondered if she were descended of the clans whom her people used to see in the great river ways of the Southern delta during the winter migrations. She had such a memory, long long ago, of strange people dressed in the skins of land animals who came to the waters to greet them. She had been younger then and not quite as brave as she was now.

Illia Sei stepped forward toward the waters edge and drew back her hood.

"Jhe caeluva maj e' Tel'Forndor."

Free of its confines, her long silver hair splashed down past her waist. The light of the Rainbow Caverns struck it and made it shine all the colors one could imagine. Her blue eyes were very large, larger than any humans and her skin was very pale as if kissed by winter snow. A tiny nose with bare slits for nostrils flared open and shut in the cold cavern air. Her hung in mid motion at her sides, held out more like one who spent her life hovering in the stasis of water. Thin, pristine webbing of a pale white-blue connected each finger together. She was short, but held herself as if she bore all the height of Eryonne on her shoulders. About her head was a thing diadem of Sea Gold studded with small pieces of Sea Jade. On her chest was a thin plate of Sea Gold. In it was carefully crafted the image of a dragon, the Mal'loki. Her pale pink lips had moved, the source of the foreign voice. You must search in the Northland, she said.
    ...to the topTop

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast