Quarrels and Quills - The Play by Post Role-Playing Community - Powered by vBulletin
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Count / Countess Tigers is offline Tigers's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Re: Eryonne - The Northern Lands

Jezz

As Jezz' eyes adjusted to the light, she beheld a sight she had not seen in many years. For a moment, she was caught by the beauty of the sea-elf and transported back to the days of her youth. As eldest child of the chieftain, she was raised on the customs, and legends of her people. But seven years of exile by her people, she momentarily forgot her manners. Immediately Jezz went down on her knee's before the sea-elf, her head bowed and her body prostrate before her.

Forgive me Noble One, I have forgotten myself.
    I am Jezzmine Killian, of the Killian Clan, eldest daughter of the Chieftain. I am sorry to have disturbed you.

It amazed her how her title rolled off her tongue and tradition moved her to actions in which she would have thought long ago forgotten. She was honored by Illia Sei's words if not a bit curious as to why she would call her Loyal One.

You honor me with your words and presence. She added.

Jezz looked up toward Illia Sei, curious as to how she knew. It was not for her to question, the sea-elves were wise people.

How might I in return honor you for your kindness, Wise One?
    Peace is a lie
    There is only passion
    Through passion I gain strength
    Through strength I gain power
    Through power I gain victory
    Through victory my chains are broken
    The Force shall set me free
    ...to the topTop

-+Fintan+--

-+Search... search the what? What did she say to Jezz? Orin racked his brain for words he learned long, long ago. He just couldn't find them. His fingers grew tight around the piece of statue he gripped in frustration. Gently Cuan nuzzled his side and licked his calf as if to comfort and soothe. Under the frustration a part of him was proud of Jezz for acting so properly to one of the Ancients. the way she said her title, her clan, with such nobility amazed him. His heart began to ache with longing.+-

Illia Sei watched Jezz curiously. A tilt of her head sent several damp silver strands falling down her shoulder.

"The Killian Clan" she mused in that oddly accented voice "is one that is familiar to my mind... And... you are the Jh'inu of a Chieftain?"

While bowing as Jezz did was not possible in water without punishable weighing stones and thus not a tradition among her people, Illia Sei's people had their own greeting for Elf Friends and their own kind. It was how Illia Sei would treat Jezz, since she was a Chieftess by birth. Illia Sei stepped through the water, graceful as a buck strolling through a quiet meadow. The water rippling away from her touch seemed to be the only sound to exist. Illia Sei reached down and gently guided Jezz from her submissive gesture. In doing so, she embraced Jezz as an old friend would. Her cold, damp arms wrapped around Jezz and her cold cheek pressed against hers. Perhaps Jezz might even feel that the Sea Elf was smiling through the way her facial muscles moved. She would feel the webbing of her elbows brush against her arms and the cold metal of her chest plate pressing against her leathers. It seemed to last forever but it would also feel as if it was over far too quickly.

Illia Sei stepped back and regarded her curiously. It as a curious thing how humans disregarded words. Word choice was extremely important among her people as talking in water was a difficult feat. She wondered if Jezz noticed she made the one she searched for plural.

"Wisdom... Kindness is not something to be repaid, but remembered" she replied gently "All I ask is that you remember my people and tell yours that we have not abandoned them."

The deeply thoughtful look that she gave Jezz inclined that she might be visiting them very, very soon... in Tel'Forndor.
    *The Golden Goddess|The Goddess of All Motherless Secundae*
    *Dexter to the Core|Council of Guidance|Matriarch of Poetry*
    -Official #2 fan of Greg Land|#1 fan of Reesha Teramu & Nevole|#3 fan of Gareth|#4 fan of Arwyn
    1656OF56**Beeber Heads Unite!**4270

\"You know me: everything detailed and long, blah blah blah.\" (Brath OOC)
    ...to the topTop

The ghost had been following Jezz and was awaiting for the perfect moment to do his big entrance. He could be bored, but he knew first impressions lasted forever and he was about to make a striking one.

The very moment the sea elf stopped talking, he glided through the air and passed right through Jezz in his ethereal form to make a startling move right in front of Illya.

BOOOOOOOOOOOO!

The ghost then showed his teeth with a menacing grimace, threatening the sea elf to drop dead out of fear.

He moved in circles around the white haired beauty as if trapping her in his incorporeal state, yelling, screaming, deafening the two women in the room. And that's when his creepy laughter broke any sense of harmony still left.

"Nya-hahahaha!"
    ...to the topTop

Blog Entries

Jezz

Jezz could not help but have her heart swell with pride that her clan was known among the Ancients. The seven years of exile had slowed her recognition but as memories flooded her mind, she recognized the royal dress of an Ancient. The sudden gentle guiding of Illia Sei and cool touch of her embrace quelled the burning of her soul and she felt her weight momentarily lifted. She leaned against the Sea Elf as one would to a sister or a close friend. The feeling of her smile against her cheek, her delicate webbing against her skin and the cold feel of metal against her leathers brought a tear to her eyes. It was the first welcome that she had been given that had any ties to herself and her people. As Illia Sei stepped back from her, Jezz once again bowed her head and answered her question.

Yes, I am the Jh'inu of the Chieftain to the Killian Clan.

Illia Sei’s words were both a joy and pain to Jezz. She dropped her eyes in shame as she humbly answered the Ancient One.

Your people are ever in my heart as they are my people’s hearts Noble One. I will tell them, if they will listen. I am an exile from my people. I have been cast out.

Jezz brought her eyes back up to gaze at the big beautiful blue eyes of Illia Sei. She could not hide her pain as her tears trailed down her face. She was sure that the Sea Elf would know, but to not speak of it herself would be shameful, as if she were hiding it.

I am accused of a crime I have not committed. Found guilty by my people I was punished and exiled. I have not seen them for 7 years, but I must return. I have hidden from my true duty and it has tormented my soul.

But I do not return for revenge…Jezz paused.

There is someone more important to me than vindicating myself. I must try harder to let my betrothed…. my love…know that I am not guilty.

But I will remind my people about you and yours, and I pray that they will hear the truth in my words.

Jezz had to share the truth, it was who she was, what she hoped represented the majority of her people. She only prayed that her revelation would not cause the Ancients to decide that returning to her people again was a bad choice. The Ancients were like the fairy, they knew the truth in a man’s or in this case a woman’s words.

It shames me that my kind can be so treacherous and easily swayed to things that are not of importance. But please know Noble One that not all men are corrupt and that if the Creator wills I will set my people back to the path they have forgotten.

There time was drawing to an end, Jezz could feel it, and it saddened her. But there was one thing that tickled the back of her mind that she wanted to know.

You spoke of the ones I search for. I am curious as to know who the second is.

It was then that the ghost passed through Jezz, it was an odd sensation and one she did not care to repeat. She was angry that this former man had lost so much of his humanity that he no longer possessed any manners. Quickly she spoke to Illia Sei in a hushed tone, hoping that the Sea Elf would not vanish into the waters below.

I am sorry; it appears the ghost from outside has followed me here. He has been dead so long that he no longer remembers his manners.

Jezz covered her ears as the ghost threatened to make them bleed from his deafening tone. If he was still alive, Jezz would have grabbed him by the neck and made him bow before the Ancient One, but at the moment, she would settle for just being able to ring it.
    ...to the topTop

-+Fintan+--

Illia sensed something coming. She heard it whispered to her in the waters around her feet. It was not something that meant her harm, but it was something wayward. Something lost. Something mischievous like a water sprite or nymph.

"It is the way for some" she said to Jezz as if it were natural a fate for some. The sound of the spirit was deafening and her sensitive ears rang with the repercussions of his voice within the cave.

"Jhula sii'. Jina" she asked softly of the ghost. Come now. Be quiet. She waved her hand toward him as he whirled around her, howling for the world to find them. Her silver hair fluttered on a rush of wind and small water droplets leaped up from the water and coalesced into the forms of water small water spirits. Their little wings fluttered and and their tiny hands moved to push and shove the ethereal form of the ghost away from the two women. The conjured spirits bubbled and dripped droplets of water all over the two women and the ghost as they sought to rid their precious dwelling of this menace.

Illia Sei looked back at Jezz. Her nostrils flared open and shut as she listened to her words.

"I am no longer aware of the ways of your people. My own have forgotten the world of men and seek to recluse themselves in dark, cold waters. There are those among my people who were lost long ago. On your journey, if you see them, tell them your words."

This would seem a very strange charge with no purpose. How was one supposed to talk to people who were lost, possibly dead long ago? It was a puzzling phrase the Sea Elf said with a look of regret in her eyes, but that was soon lost as Jezz recalled the specific way she had spoken to her earlier. Words were very important to her people. When one chose to speak, they had to chose their words carefully. Speaking under water was a difficult thing, after all.

"What I have provided you is a path. The destination is something that you must seek out on your own."

She said this and smiled to Jezz as if amused by her riddle or pleased that the human woman figured out that much of it.

-+Cuan whined and stepped back from the cave they observed in hiding. He tossed his head as if agitated and looked up at Orin. He looked as if he wanted to leave. Orin did not understand why until he had the screaming and shrieking of something foul and otherwordly coming from the cave. The hair on his body rose with a cold chill, but even that did not pervade his desire to rid the world of that sound. His desire to protect Jezz was great and he achieved several great steps from their place of hiding behind the fallen, weathered stones before Cuan grabbed a hold of his wrist between his jaws and held tight. He and the wolf struggled between each other, but Cuan would not let him go. Both their freedoms were at stake. Both of theirs and Jezz's and that was not a sacrifice for them to choose without her.+-
    ...to the topTop

Blog Entries

Jezz

Jezz’ keen eyes thought she had detected movement as their howling companion whirled around them. But his deafening screams caused her to draw her attention to preserving her hearing over the glint of movement out of the corner of her eye. The cool splashes of water touched her skin when the conjured water sprites fought to remove the nuisance from their home and to Jezz’ sight away from she and Illia Sei. She turned her focus back to the Sea Elf.

I will tell them. Jezz replied to Illia’s request.

She returned her smile.

You have given me more than enough Honored One. Friend.

Jezz said this with respect as she once again bowed before Illia.

Safe journey to you, may the waters always rise to your commands, the seas listen to your voice, and your people prosper.

She bowed her head a final time.

Farewell my friend. I will try and bring him along with me, so that he will not disturb you. Jezz said, indicating the ghost.
    ...to the topTop

Paladin Quaxo9 is offline Quaxo9's Avatar

This was not at all what he had planned. What any of them had planned. It wasn’t that they hadn’t been aware of what was going on, as a matter of fact, they had written the book on the very subject. The fae had come to the Damataur High Consul to express their grievances against the people of the city. The Damataurs in turn had watched the further incidences from both sides lead up to the full-fledged war the entire area found itself swallowed up by. Their apparent inaction was not due to apathy: the Elders first had to decide what their roles in this war would be. Would they stand alongside their woodland brethren, or take their place in the world as they did in the forest? In the end, nature won over origin and the bell was struck. They would not go to war, but act as intermediaries.

And so the Consul set about writing up the book of recent and ancient history and constructed an elaborate system of war-time government. True, there had been protocols set up years ago for such an event, though at the time a war of this scale had not been imagined. This was a brand new government in charge of ambassadorship for the entirety of woodland folk, creatures and ethereal beings. It was no small task.

There were bound to be a few errors.

One may argue that Favian, or rather his future position in politics, was one of them.

His current political position happened to be the stocks in City Central which is what was causing him to think back on what was and was not planned. Favian had never expected to be chosen as a part of the First Commission to the grand city. He was young, inexperienced and admittedly a bit hotter-tempered than many of the other aspiring forumites. It was an unexpected honour. As the most junior member of the ambassadorial team, he was given the task of carrying the white flag of peace.

Of the five sent to the city, he was the only one they didn’t consider worthy enough to interrogate or outright slaughter. Somehow, that only made him feel like more of a failure. For the billionth time that day he shifted uneasily within his wall-less prison. He felt the manacles open up the scabs on his legs and he weakly pushed up on the wooden beam that held his hands and head in a submissive position - to no avail. He stared down at his antlers, sticking up from a pile of rotten vegetables like dead trees in the swamp – prematurely plucked from his scull with the grace of a hammer on an anvil and the pity of a harpy. Pieces of his hair that they had shaved from his face and body still blew around on the wooden platform they had him on. They had made some sport of him. Mocked him. Hit him. Spat on him. And now they left him to die from hunger, cold, blood loss or simple hopelessness.

A part of him hoped it would be the cold.
    Winner of the dubious Vaarsuvius Award for Verbousness!

I support altruism.
    ...to the topTop

Narm tucked Muriel into his shirt pocket and made sure she was comfortable and secure. He gave her a wide smile as she settled in.

"You are sure you want to come with me? I promise to safely retrieve the gentleman in question."

Muriel gave Narm her scolding smile. Their friendship was new, but he already knew that look well. She would not be dissuaded.

"Fine, fine. I should have known better than to suggest you remain behind. Just keep your head down while I take care of the guards."

Narm stepped around the corner and faced the two prison guards. He gave them a wide smile.

"Gentleman, I believe you are holding a member of the Fae negotiating committee. I must insist on his release," Narm smiled.

The guards looked back and fourth, each one hoping the other had an answer, finally the guard with the mustache spoke up.

"I'm sorry, but no prisoners will be released without word from the Capt'n," he said.

The other guard gained some confidence from this statement and puffed his chest out. Both men held their halberds at the ready. The silent guard adjusted his belt making sure he could get to his sword fast if necessary.

Narm noted the guard loosening his sword and met his gaze.

"Now that was just rude," he said as he stepped forward.

Both men attempted to react but Narm was faster. His long stride and giant reach brought them instantly into range. He grasped both men by the head and brought their helmets together. Both guards’ eyes rolled back into their heads as they fell unconscious.

Narm located the keys on a wall peg and took them with him. He passed a few cells containing howling criminals before he came to the shackles at the end. The Damataur was in really bad shape. Narm chose not to see him that way. Using his past sight he smiled at the proud antlers and graceful chin.

Muriel stuck her head up just long enough to confirm it was the right man. She desperately wanted to render aid, but Narm knew this was not the time. It would not be long before the roving guard realized something was amiss. So Narm used the keys to release the shackles. The wooden board holding his neck was being stubborn. So Narm used his monstrous strength to bust it in half. He caught the Damataur in his arms and prevented him from falling to the ground.

"Come my little friend, lets get you out of here."
    ...to the topTop

Paladin Quaxo9 is offline Quaxo9's Avatar

Favian didn’t notice anything different about the previous few seconds. The other prisoners yelled derogatory comments constantly – common criminals had more rights, more courage, and more purpose than he – and he was feeling so very tired. He didn’t even notice when the shackles fell from his hands and feet as they had lost feeling hours ago. It wasn’t until the creak and sharp “CRACK” of wood resounded in his ears that he roused himself. Someone had caught him – someone who knew that he wouldn’t be able to walk and didn’t want him to fall. That someone could only be a friend in this horror-filled place devoid of hope. Favian’s assumption was soon verified when a deep voice spoke soothingly out of the blackness.

“Come my little friend, lets get you out of here.” the voice said. He tried to look up to see who his rescuer might be, but at that moment the blood broke through the shrivelled veins and out of his feet – and in as well. It was as though his very hooves and fingernails were on fire. As much as he could now feel his extremities, he couldn’t and he gasped with the pain. But still, the owner of the voice held him and he began to cry. Someone had come for him.

Hope is a glorious thing.

But the Cyclops had been right, it wasn’t long before the roving guard stopped by to see if his buddies were going to cough up last night’s poker winnings and found them incapable of handing it over themselves. Immediately, the man ran to where a dark brass bell hung from a slanted wooden stand. The alarm clanged out across the courtyard and out into the night. The stars seemed to shudder with the sound. Feet pounded cobblestone like distant thunder – all in the general direction of the prison.

The Damataur gasped and struggled to support his own weight.

“You should go or you will be captured. Please, you have done so much…so much. Thank-you.”

The last few words were whispered and genuine gratitude shone through – he really did mean what he had said. Favian was more than willing to stay if it meant the one who gave him such a precious gift would not join him in his fate.
    ...to the topTop

Blog Entries

Muriel

Oh, these humans! Muriel wanted to burst into flame just thinking about their stubborn nature and refusal to hear anything. She would be fuming at this moment tucked inside of Narm's shirt if she wasn't so concerned for Favian.

She had worked along side the Damataur to try and restore peace between the humans and Fae and negotiations had turned sour. She had not been there when he was taken and humiliated and part of her felt responsible. She was so grateful for Narm's help, once she had heard of Favian's imprisonment, the gentle cyclops had offered to help free him. He gave her comfort from the first time they'd met, with Narm she felt safe and strengthened in her tasks.

She risked another look from out of Narm's shirt when she heard the roaming guard. She also got another good look at the condition that Favian was in and her little heart ached.

Narm! Narm! We have to go!
    Her tiny voice cried out.
    ...to the topTop

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast