Quarrels and Quills - The Play by Post Role-Playing Community - Powered by vBulletin
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Re: Eryonne - The Northern Lands

Narm gazed at the guard ringing the bell. He struggled with all his strength to contain his anger. They had abused a noble creature, a diplomat, an innocent. It would not be tolerated. Narm scooped the Damataur up in his left hand as if he was a small child.

"Hold tight my little friend. This may get bumpy."

Narm held Favion in one arm and quickly glanced down at his pocket. He caught Muriel as she poked her head out.

"You may want to cover your ears," Narm said to his tiny friend.

Narm let out a roar that was deafening. As he screamed, he charged. The handful of guards in front of him turned ghost white. Narm alone was a frightening sight, but the roar had them losing control of their bladders. All but one man fell to the sides as Narm charged through. The one who was unable to move his quaking feet was easily brushed aside. Narm caught two more guards unprepared as his bounded up the stairs. He easy smacked them aside with his free hand. At the top of the stairs Narm stood in the main guard room.

The captain of the guard sat behind his desk talking to the only other guard in the room. The two men were oblivious to the commotion downstairs. Apparently years of guarding prisoners had rendered them deaf to the constant screams. The captain reached for his sword and the guard for his bow. Unfortunately for them, a large reception desk was next to Narms right arm. Sheer terror griped both men as the desk flew through the air pinning them against the wall. Narm tore through the front door and out into the night. He ran as fast as his powerful legs would carry him, hoping to get lost in the alleys of the night.
    ...to the topTop

Count / Countess Tigers is offline Tigers's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Muriel

Muriel acknowledged Narm with a nod and covered her small elf-like ears. She huddled down inside his pocket as he let loose a mighty roar and rushed through the prison with Favian.

The jostling movement caused Muriel to hold onto the stitched seams inside his pocket. It was a rather frightening experience only being able to hear the crashing and screaming and feel the hurried rush of her companion, but even if she could, Muriel wasn't sure she'd want to see what was happening around her.

The sudden change from light to darkness and the cool feel of the evening breeze marked their escape from the prison. Muriel breathed a sigh of relief knowing they were nearly away from immediate danger. Her heart had been rapidly beating in her heart and it wasn't until she began to relax that she realized she had a death grip on the material that made up Narm's pocket.

Giving Narm time enough to put distance between the prison guards and themselves, Muriel put her fears aside and tried to get the attention of her giant friend.

Narm?! Can you find somewhere for us to stop? I need to tend to Favian.
    Peace is a lie
    There is only passion
    Through passion I gain strength
    Through strength I gain power
    Through power I gain victory
    Through victory my chains are broken
    The Force shall set me free
    ...to the topTop

Paladin Quaxo9 is offline Quaxo9's Avatar

Narm’s touch, no matter how gentle, nearly sent Favian back into a world of darkness as nauseating waves of pain shot through every fibre of his body. His legs dangled listlessly and his de-crowned head sank into the Cyclops’ side. There was movement. Shouting. A roar that would have shattered his eardrums if it hadn’t been so far away. At least, it sounded like it came from a long ways away. Then suddenly the staleness fell away like a funeral shroud. He could breathe again. Favian realized this much before the jostling lulled him into a weary sleep-like state reserved for the nearly dead.

~~~~~~~~~~

The entire prison yard was in complete and utter chaos. The barracks emptied their bedfellows into the crisp night air to the symphonic accompaniment of clattering armour, clanging bells, signal horns, drums and shouting. Incessant shouting. Orders flew like arrows, striking men to do their bidding or face mortal consequence. In less than a moon-step, twenty formations of ten men a piece stalked out into the night. This was an important prisoner – more important than anyone might realize – and the captain wasn’t about to let it be stolen out from under his ruddy nose by *one* man!

Of course, that one man had the strength of ten.

Armed with spears, short swords and shields, each detachment separated from the main legion to follow a different set of alleys. They would recapture the deer-man and the monstrous being with him. Their city would be safe from these fae demons, if not their whole country.
    Winner of the dubious Vaarsuvius Award for Verbousness!

I support altruism.
    ...to the topTop

Quote Originally Posted by Tigers

Muriel

Narm?! Can you find somewhere for us to stop? I need to tend to Favian.
    Narm barely heard the tiny voice of his little friend. He had felt little Favian go limp and unconscious. But he knew they needed more separation. If the guards valued this prisoner then they would be coming after him. They needed a place to hide.

"We should put more space between us and them," Narm said. "In truth, I am not sure where to go. I may be our undoing. I am far to recognizable here. It will only be a matter of time before searching for the Cyclops, leads them to us."

Narm continued to hurry. He suddenly thought of a place to hide. He remembered the hidden room behind the crates in the alley he met Muriel. It was a good a place as any to hide. It was also halfway across town.

"What if we go to that alley where we met? You remember that secret room the thief used?"
    ...to the topTop

Blog Entries

Muriel

Muriel bristled with anger and frustration. If only she had the full use of her powers here, she would turn all their weapons into harmless works of nature. She held onto the seams of Narm’s pocket as he raced away from their pursuers. She listened intently to his words while she tried to come up with her own solutions to their dilemma.

Oh yes! That is a wonderful idea Narm! She cried above the ruckus.
    ...to the topTop

Blog Entries

Jezz

Jezz emerged from the cave with a smile. It was a good omen but in what parts of her journey would this reflect? Would it mean success in removing her brother and taking her rightful place as Chieftain to her people, would she reunite with her love, and would she manage to get through any of this unscathed? She had come to accept the good with the bad and in most circumstances the later. It was hard for her to expect that everything would turn out good, if at all. But she had met one of the Ancients, and no matter what the rest of the night brought her, she would remember this day for the rest of her life.

Even as her thoughts lingered on her experience in the cave, her sharp senses picked up the change in the air long before she heard the commotion of men. The first thing she had noticed was the slight tremor of the earth beneath her feet. It was not as pronounced as a stampede out on the Northern Plains, but it was enough to alert her that something big was headed her direction, and in a hurry.

With a deft leap, she took hold of an easement to one of the buildings and swung up on the roof to get a better look. Beyond the rows of buildings down another alleyway, Jezzmine spotted the Cyclops. For a moment, she merely stared amazed that she would run into so many of the creatures of Eryonne in one night. But with her keen eyes she noticed that he cradled another creature in his arms and ran with a purpose. With a quick glance behind them, she could see the soldiers in hot pursuit.

She didn’t need to hear the story to figure out who was in more need of her aid. She had been around the men in the cities long enough to know that it was the Cyclops and his companion that were in trouble. Quietly and gracefully, she leapt from the tops of the buildings and down onto the ground of the next alley. Finding a cart of ale sitting the isle she took her knife and cut the rope, delaying the soldiers directly behind the Cyclops. With a focused purpose, she out ran the gentle giant along the adjacent alley way and cut back to came out just before the next bend in front of them.

Quickly follow me! Jezz motioned.

I know a way to lose them for good.
    ...to the topTop

[size=large]Eryonne City Guards[/size]

The fine men of the E.C.G. Fifth Regiment found themselves impeded from apprehending their quarry by a suddenly loosed load of ale kegs. Curses flew from the mouths of the men at the forefront who narrowly avoided having appendages crushed under said barrels.

“Around, men! We nearly have them! About-face! Double-time!”

The men at the rear found themselves at the front of the pack as they led the way through the maze of alleys, spears and shields at the ready. In no time, they would be past the obstacle and back in hot pursuit of the treacherous Cyclops and his wounded fae companion.
    ...to the topTop

Narm had noticed the barrels slowing the guards pursuit. When he glanced back he took the briefest scan to see who was responsible. Then, before he could even think of a next move, the very woman who helped slow their pursuers was standing in front of him.

Quickly follow me! Jezz motioned. I know a way to lose them for good.

Narm smiled down at the little woman. He was very happy to have help. He knew that a big Cyclops like himself would not easily blend into the streets. Hopefully this woman had a good plan.

Lead the way little lady. I shall do my best to keep up. But please find us a place where we may tend to this small one. He is in need of much attention.

Narm followed Jezz as swiftly as he could. He happened a glance down at Muriel in his pocket.

Fear not wee won. I believe this woman shall turn out to be a friend. She has already helped us once. I think she will soon find us a location where you can tend to our injured Damataur
    ...to the topTop

Blog Entries

Jezz

Jezz nodded her head in understanding as she chanced a quick glance at the Damataur. If it wasn’t for the need of getting them to safety, she would teach these guards a few lessons in humility. As Jezz darted through the alleyways extending their lead on the guards, she mused at the idea of being called “little lady.” Her people were tall in statue for humans, but next to the Cyclops, she couldn’t think of a more fitting title for herself.

It was not long before the voices faded and Jezz lead her companions into an old abandoned building on the edge of town near the great wall. It was a building reported to be haunted; so many people avoided the place like it had a curse or a plague upon it. She motioned Narm to come inside and set the poor Damataur upon a patch of hay and straw near an old cooking stove.

Tend to your friend; I will make sure we are safe. Jezz mentioned as she quickly left them to double back upon where they had been.

When Jezz was certain they had not been followed, she returned as quickly and quietly as she had left.

Falurst is a dangerous place for the creatures of Eryonne right now my friend. What brings you here to take such chances amongst arrogant men? Jezz inquired as she emerged from the door way of the building.
    ...to the topTop

The darkness was not peaceful. It was filled with the cries of his slaughtered comrades, the jeering laughter of the crowd, and the rage. The rage that built up inside him that he didn’t know what to do with. The injustice of it all. How could they? All the fae wanted was peace and they – the humans – had spat upon the very notion. It made him want to cry, scream, maybe even kill over it. What could be more noble a pursuit than peace?

He was in motion, but not under his own power. Favian could feel his legs swinging freely in the air; he wished he was dreaming about running in meadows. Then he felt himself slow and finally come to rest. A sound like the rustling of sparrow wings came up around his ears and he felt like it was he who was settling into a nest. As if to prove the idea, something scratched at his face and the smell of old straw assaulted his senses.

Was he in a safe place, or back in prison? Favian struggled to bring himself into the present. The first thing he noticed was the relative silence. There was a voice – a woman – but she sounded far away. The cyclops! He had carried the Damataur from the prison: where was he? His right eyelid fought for sovereignty against the cruel powers that held it shut. Blackness. Nothing. He could not see.

Fighting panic, Favian reached out with a shaking hand as a blind man in an unfamiliar place. His voice was barely above a whisper as he rasped out:

“My friend?”
    ...to the topTop

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast