Quarrels and Quills - The Play by Post Role-Playing Community - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 224 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Stolen Legacy

Stolen Legacy

Stolen Legacy

((OOC GM NOTE: Each character will have a similar experience and have a vision or dream where they hear the call for help and to look to the stars…))

IC:
    Caira Redhawk turned her soft brown eyes rapidly around the dark landscape, searching for the direction of the voice that continued to call her. A shimmering light appeared in front of her. “Are you the one calling me?” There was no answer but the light moved off only to pause; almost as if it wanted her to follow. She followed and heard the voice again. “Help us… we can’t find our way home…”

Caira’s heart went out to those behind the plea she heard so clearly. She wanted desperately to help them get home. “How can I help you?” She cried and the light began to fade. “Come find us… Ollie ollie oxen free….”

Caira jolted awake from her nap. She looked over at the river, then all around to see if anyone was around that needed her. There was no one. She sighed, wondering what the dream had meant.

On the tree limb above her sat her namesake. A large auburn-colored hawk eyed her curiously but did not fly away immediately at her sudden movement, that of itself was odd. She had seen a hawk up close like this one, two times before this in her life. Each time the sighting was of great portent. Something big happened to change her path.

She looked up at the hawk which had tilted its head to place a steady eye on her. “Okay Redhawk, what do you have to tell me? Who must I find?” The hawk did not answer her but she could feel this moment was important.

“Help us… find us please!” The voice came clearly into her mind and Caira gasped. She had never heard of a dream following you into waking!

“Where are you?! How do I find you?” She called out and turned around in every direction, looking for the source of the voice.

“Hurry… there isn’t much time…look to the stars… we are trapped!” Caira froze. What was THAT supposed to mean? Look to the stars? Caira sighed and the big hawk suddenly took to wing and sailed down to seize an unwary rabbit in its talons. “Are you trying to make me understand that they don’t have much time? Ooo, this is impossible to understand!” Caira groused at the hawk. It was sailing away with its prey now oblivious to her or its great mission to help her understand her task.

Caira gathered up her things and began the short hike back to her cottage on the outskirts of Deer Camp. Her soft leather skirt was stitched high up on the sides so she could work easily in it. Her shapely legs could be seen as she walked. Caira moved with the grace of a mountain cat as she hurried back home.
    ...to the topTop

Founder Lairston is offline Lairston's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Re: IC: Stolen Legacy

Dinji Hannah sat by the river bank and was basking in the sun with her feet situated in the water. She was comfortable but still looking for something to inspect. She looked right and left and then down into the water. "What'sthatthing! EWITSSHINY!" Without caring what it meant for her pants, she got up and jumped went right into the water and reached for it.

"HELP! HELP! I NEED HELP"

Her treasure forgotten she looked around. "WHEREAREYOUAT?KEEPYELLINGSOIFINDYOU" She waited and then there was nothing. "WELLTHAT"SWEIRD."

She turned around and started walking in the direction of the voice. But then behind her she heard

Her eyes narrowed. "SOMEONE'SHAVINGFUNWITHME" She started to pout wondering who it was.

"HELP! I NEED HELP! LOOK TO THE STARS"

"WHAT?LEAVEMEALONEYOUJOKESTER!"

From behind her she heard,

"I'm not joking Dinji! HELP ME!"

She looked around scared not knowing where to go.
    ...to the topTop

Palkin Morox grunted as pain shot across the wound. He had been ambushed a week ago after entering The Great Plains by bandits. A group of bandits, versus a lone traveler... The only advantage he had was that he had some skill with a sword. They had wounded him badly, stolen all they could and fled.

Thankfully Palkin managed to stop one of them from stealing his horse, food and medical supplies. Otherwise, he would probably be divided evenly in the stomachs of vultures. The wound had mostly healed up, but sometimes he did feel sharp pains. Probably "healing pains" as he called them.

The horse stopped walking, and then lowered her head and started to eat the grass, which before she had been doing nothing but stepping on! "Hey you, get going!" Palkin said to the horse and pulled the reins to his right. The horse looked back at him with glaring eyes, as if saying "How dare you try to starve me and keep me from my rightful grass!"

She then started eating again. But then looked up, eyes wide, ears back. She snorted. Palkin looked around.... nothing...
    "What is it?" He whispered. Then suddenly she bolted, catching Palkin by surprise. He slid off the side and fell onto the ground, losing consciousness. A rabbit started running from the commotion, having no idea he CAUSED the commotion.

"Help....help us....help." Palkin suddenly found himself in a black, blank place. He wondered if this was a dream... "Where are you?"
    "You must find us... help... Help!" Palkin looked around, still seeing nothing. He realized this was a dream; and repeated it to himself. "Help us..."

Then everything was blank; no dream. For the next hour he slept peacefully; and then, awakened. Palkin opened his eyes, blinked several times and then slowly sat up. He rubbed his forehead; and then looked around. The sun was starting to set... His horse was nowhere in sight. Palkin decided to check and see what he had on him.

One sword, some water, a map and his clothing. Nothing else. He opened up the map; and saw where he had marked his position last. Estimating how much he had traveled; Palkin realized he was near Deer Camp. Palkin stood up, and put the map away, drank some water and then started towards the direction of Deer Camp.
    ...to the topTop

Caira entered her cottage and began to sing as she put the herbs into their proper place. She went to the wood pile and gathered some wood to start her cook fire with. With ease born of experience, she soon had the cook-fire going and was preparing several healing herbs for potions. The small hut-cottage had flowering vines around it almost hiding it from sight. The only sign of habitation was the smoke gently rising from a small chimney.
    ...to the topTop

Blog Entries

Finally she chose a direction to go because a bird flew out of the sky and grabbed her bracelet and took of with it.

"HEYSTOPTHATSMINEYOUMEANOLDBIRD.COMEBACKHEREYOU"

Her legs took off after the bird and kept following it. 'Was that shining up ahead?' she wondered. What is going on today? She came to a tree where the bird had landed. Her bracelet fell out of the tree and landed at her feet. So she was supposed to come here. She wondered why. She picked her bracelet up and then scowled at the bird. She was out of breath.

Huffing and puffing she put her hands on her knees and wheezed there.

"TOMUCHRUNNINGYOUMEANOLDBIRD"

She collapsed against the tree and laid there.

IFTHEELVESONLYSAWMENOW
    ...to the topTop

Caira was busy making a calming potion from the leaves of the lavalace plant. She set the pot with the leaves off to the side to steep for a while. The delightful aroma filled her cottage and made her completely relaxed. After a day of gathering herbs it felt wonderful to relax.

She turned to the next pot and pulled out the slender, pale green and yellow leaves of the phelia plant she found. Carefully she withdrew one stalk of leaves. She was thrilled with this find. She now had three sources to check for phelia plants! She had actually found enough to make a small batch of potion and still keep leaves for drying! She continued to sing happily as she worked.
    ...to the topTop

Blog Entries

Dinji got back and started walking. She could tell she was near Deer Camp now. She had followed that mean bird quite aways she thought. All the way from the river. Her eyes widened. Oh no. Jifri is probably worried to death she thought. She got on the boat in Buffalo camp and came down and then sat on the bank... Oh my what am I going to do. There could be black mages around she thought. She'd best hurry on to Deer Camp. She heard they were nice there. She hoped.
    ...to the topTop

Palkin knew the general direction of where he was heading; but seeing the smoke ahead made it easier to judge where Deer camp was. So he followed it.

A half hour later, exhausted from the trip he saw a cottage; but no camp.
    ...to the topTop

Blog Entries

Dinji now could see the fires of Deer Camp, or at least she thought they were Deer Camp, but she kept jumping at the shadows because she was sure black mages were in them. She was so scared. She wished she'd stayed at Buffalo camp and never gotten on that stupid boat. She squealed when she walked around a tree and saw a black mage with its arms raised to get her but it turned out to be a tree in the dwindling light. Her nerves were shot. She was shivering constantly as she walked.

She saw a cottage and started for it because it was closer then the fires and she was exhausted. It offered relief from this constant scare she's in
    ...to the topTop

Caira's wolf-dog Tippi began to bark. She knew something was up because she knew her various barks. This was an 'alert' bark... something or someone Tippi did not know was approaching. Caira dried her hands off and went to the door of her cottage. Caira grabbed her staff, then walked out to where Tippi was barking. She narrowed her eyes to try to see in the dim light.
    "Who comes to my cottage?" Caira called into the darkness.
    ...to the topTop

Page 1 of 224 1231151101 ... LastLast