Quarrels and Quills - The Play by Post Role-Playing Community - Powered by vBulletin
Page 3 of 224 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Stolen Legacy

Founder Lairston is offline Lairston's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Re: IC: Stolen Legacy

Dinji shook her head. "I was alone but I kept thinking I saw black mages everywhere. Maybe it wasn't my imagination." She said with fear on her face.
    ...to the topTop

"Don't be afraid, Tippi hates Black Mages. She won't let a Black Mage get past her!" Caira told the Morphan hoping to reassure her. She did wonder what was happening because her bark indicated someone was indeed, there.
    ...to the topTop

Blog Entries

Dinji nodded her head, "Okay I'll try not to be afraid but you surely heard the stories about what the black mages helped do to my kind. And they'd like to get their hands on me... I know." she added sadly.
    ...to the topTop

((hope this is alright. the first part of this post takes place in the past, the second part takes place in current rpg time. and just a reminder, the portion in italics is Tolri either thinking or dreaming))

Tolri sighed softly as she continued across the mountains. She wasn’t entirely certain as to where she was going, but figured that putting as much distance between herself and her childhood home of Espree was the best course of action. She had journeyed home a few weeks ago to see if anything had changed, to see if any of her family friends would help her, but to no avail. Things haven’t changed in the 8 years I’ve been gone… she thought as she took a small break next to a mountain stream. Refilling her waterskin, she sighed softly and pushed away memories of her most recent visit to Espree. Once her break was over, she stood up and continued on down the mountains toward the plains.

The journey to the plains was taking longer than she expected, so when she arrived at the base of the mountains, Tolri decided to stop for the night next to a stream. Sighing softly as she lay down under a tree, she wrapped her cloak around herself and let the stream lull her to sleep.

“Help, I need help.” Tolri heard as she sat up next to the stream. “Who are you? Where are you?” Tolri asked as she looked around, searching for the source of the voice. Standing up, she walked a few feet away, still looking for the source of the voice she heard. She was about ready to attribute it to a figment of her imagination when the voice sounded again.

“Please help us. Please find us!” Tolri spun around, thinking the voice had come from behind her, but she still saw nothing. Calling out for more information, she sat down next to the stream again, feeling like there wasn’t much she could do…

Tolri woke with a start, the first rays of the sun starting to peer over the horizon. What was that all about? she wondered as she stood up and started to pack up her things again. Shrugging, she shouldered her pack and started off again, intent on making it to the plains in a matter of days. As she walked, her mind kept on returning to the dream she had had the previous night and she wondered what it meant. “Look to the stars. Help us for we are trapped…” Tolri jumped when the voice sounded in her ear, no louder than a whisper. Looking around, but not seeing anything, she wrapped her cloak around herself tighter, no longer convinced that it was just a dream.

---------

Tolri made it to the plains before the end of the week, and she started to wonder exactly where she was, since she had tried to avoid any camps during her journey. Beginning to look for a lookout point to see if she could recognize any landmarks, she saw some smoke in the distance and started to head in that direction. In a matter of minutes, the form of a cottage came into view and she hurried on, wondering if its occupants would be able to offer her some aid since her rations were beginning to run low and she hadn’t seen any birds to hunt recently. As she was walking, she started to recognize landmarks and realized that she was near Deer Camp.

As she neared the cottage she could hear a dog barking and froze a few feet away from the cottage, wondering how she would be able to placate the animal without it attacking her. She had her weapons, but was loathe to use them unless absolutely necessary.
    ...to the topTop

Caira came out of the cottage with a lantern. "Who comes to visit after the sun has gone to sleep?" She called into the darkness.
    ...to the topTop

Blog Entries

As Caira went out, Dinji managed to shakily say, "Be careful..." It was then she realized the friendly woman had not given her name yet. She knew the wolf's name only.
    ...to the topTop

Tolri squinted in the sudden light and held her hands up in a gesture of friendliness. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to bother you so late." she said as she stepped into the circle of light. Her unstrung bow was sitting in her quiver on her back along with her pack.
    ...to the topTop

Tippi continued to bark and Caira finally noticed she was looking beyond the young woman in the lantern light.

"I am preparing dinner... if you are friend you are welcome to join us. Tippi? Tippi what do you see? What is it girl?" Caira went past Tolri and held the lantern out to where the wolf-dog was sniffing at a young man passed out on the grass. Ciara saw dried blood.

"Oh! He's hurt! Could you help me get him inside?" Caira asked Tolri. Tippi seemed satisfied now and ceased to bark. She sat next to the man waiting on her mistress.
    ...to the topTop

Blog Entries

Dinji's curiosity got the better of her and she poked her head out the door. "Hello? Are you okay out here?" She was afraid of the answer that might come. She expected something to jump out anywhere.
    ...to the topTop

Tolri nodded and walked over to the young man. Kneeling down, she hooked her arms under his armpits and lifted before starting to drag him toward the cottage.
    ...to the topTop

Page 3 of 224 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast