Quarrels and Quills - The Play by Post Role-Playing Community - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 199 1231151101 ... LastLast
    Mystery of the Dragons

Mystery of the Dragons

((continuation of an rpg. for the complete story, please see "The Story thus far" link above))

Quote Originally Posted by Ellesar
    "See you then." Sira said as she headed toward the arena. She figured that both Lanor and Jessam would be in there practicing their skills and she slipped into the spectator's box to watch them practice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyberwing
    Lanor was tired. He had been helping train the younger men and they had been learning well. He sat on the bench and drank deeply of a canteen of water. The young guard glistened with sweat and he grabbed a towel to wipe it off, watching Jessam with his usual amount of awe.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lairston
    Mandi with the help of several other palace personal had the room ready for the surprise party. She nodded her head in approval and thanked everyone for their help. They said they were all looking forward to the party so that was all the thanks they needed. She smiled brilliantly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ellesar
    Jessam continued on for a few more moments before dismissing everyone and grabbing a towel for himself. He had noticed Sira enter the spectator's box and looked over at Lanor before saying teasingly, "Looks like you've got someone waiting for you, Lanor."
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyberwing
    Lanor looked up and grinned when he saw Sira. He waved at her. "So it seems... what's up with you and Tahlee, Jessam? You've been like a bear with a thorn in his paw for the last two days..." Lanor decided to confront him about the strain everyone could see.
    Jessam took several minutes to answer as he wiped the sweat off of his face and satiated his thirst. He knew that Tahlee went to the Healer's Guild that day to tend to Balathas, and he idly wondered what she had found out. "Nothing really." he finally said, taking another drink of water. "Just some differences about Balathas..."

Sira waved back and then settled down to wait for Lanor.
    ...to the topTop

Founder Lairston is offline Lairston's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Re: IC: Mystery of the Dragons

Mandi was now impatient for two o'clock to get here. She thought they would be busy all the way up to that time but they were done a little early. Maybe she should seek out Sira and move the time up she thought. But then she thought that would be slightly suspicous since she's with Lanor. She will just have to be satisfied with the two o'clock start she decided.

Besides, she still needed to bring in the cake she bought earlier. She thought the huge Chocolate cake would be a favorite with everyone. So she headed back to her room where she'd hidden it and then checked to make sure no one was in the hall then brought it and took it to the room. She placed it on the huge table where cousin Lanor would be sitting
    ...to the topTop

Tahlee went to clean up and get ready for Lanor's party. She wondered if Kelphir would make it in. Their cousin Mandi had been trying very hard to make it a special day for him. Tahlee sighed, she really did not like it when Jessam was upset with her. Her whole world just was out of whack when he was angry with her. Her heart ached in deep places when he was distant or unhappy. She selected a gown and then gathered her things to go to the baths. Jessam was late. She wondered if perhaps he would rather not be around her. Finally she gave up waiting and hurried off.
    ...to the topTop

Jessam finally noticed the time and realized that he was late for meeting Tahlee to get ready for the party. Beginning to head toward the locker room, he glanced back at Lanor and said lightly, "Better not keep Sira waiting TOO long, Lanor." He then disappeared into the locker room and grabbed the change of clothes he had brought with him before heading into the palace and toward the baths. Finding Tahlee in one of the private baths, he entered and dropped his clothes onto the bench before hurrying over to her and wrapping his arms around her. "I'm sorry I'm late, my love." he said softly, hesitating for a few moments before saying, "I'm sorry for my distance as well."
    ...to the topTop

Tahlee broke into a brilliant smile. All of the ill feelings and depression disappeared in an instant. "It's okay Jessam. I was trusting my dragolians over the Stone. This time though, they were right. We found a very LARGE metallica worm embedded in Balathas. Odd but Sira's Stone did NOT react to the worm! Once removed Balathas could talk about Quentin sending him here. So we need to stay alert, Quentin is at it again." She took the cloth and began to scrub gently at his back.

"Sira said Chisk is flying here and bringing our little snow dragon. I find Quentin's timing uncanny..."
    ...to the topTop

Jessam only nodded as he listened to what Tahlee said. "Quentin's found a way to get around the Stone's detection?" he asked in shock. He sighed softly and once again apologized. "I'm sorry for not believing you..." He turned and wrapped his arms around Tahlee, pulling her close again. He was silent for a few moments and then pulled away slightly so he could look at Tahlee. "Chisk is coming down? Do you think Quentin knows about that?" A more troubling thought came to mind, but Jessam was loathe to say it out loud.
    ...to the topTop

"He couldn't possibly know about Chisk coming down. Chisk just told Sira..." Tahlee shrugged. She was glad her husband didn't think her insane anymore but she did miss her babies. This was torture being away from them and yet it had to be this way to protect them.
    ...to the topTop

Jessam only nodded and said, "I wouldn't put anything past him though..." He hugged Tahlee close again and asked softly, "How are you faring?"
    ...to the topTop

"I'm trying not to think about how much I miss them..." Tahlee replied softly, biting at her lower lip. Jesse and Samuel were with the dragons and then Jessam had been angry with her. Life had NOT been pleasant for Tahlee but she had continued to trust in EL that all would be satisfactory in the end.
    ...to the topTop

Jessam tightened his hug again and then said softly, "Maybe Chisk will bring news of them as well." He lapsed into silence for a few moments and then said, trying to change the topic to something more pleasant, "Do you think Kelphir will be able to make it for Lanor's party?"
    ...to the topTop

Page 1 of 199 1231151101 ... LastLast