Quarrels and Quills - The Play by Post Role-Playing Community - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 38 12311 ... LastLast
    Founder Jason Sanborn is offline Jason Sanborn's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Narnia: Rise of the Telmarines

Narnia: Rise of the Telmarines

Beruna Town: January 1, 2000: Early Morning

Are you ready, M'Lord?

Asked a man dressed in finely woven garments as he approached his liege from behind.

Caspian the Conqueror stood looking out the window. He wore a ceremonial chain armor with a purple and silver tunic. The sun outside shown on a light covering of snow on the ground below. In just a few hours, when the sun was high in the sky, he would be crowned Caspian the First, King of all Narnia and Ruler of the Telmarines.

I am. Have the troops secured Beruna from any unwanted guests?

Caspian stated, without turning around.

The troops are ready. Should there be any beasts foolish enough to try to attack us on this glorious day, they shall be cut down like those before them.

Good. For your sake, I'd hate to see my day be spoiled.

Caspian glanced back at his aide as he spoke those last words. His aide paled slightly and swallowed hard, knowing full well what Caspian meant by those words.

I'll just go and tend to the rest of the preparations.

You do that.

The aide hurried out of the room to finalize the preparations for the coronation ceremony, and Caspian turned to look out the window once more. The land was his, and soon, the title would follow. All his dreams were becoming a reality.
    QC1: From this day forth you shall be called "Sprinkle Berryweather".

Kevin Flynn: The Grid. A digital frontier. I tried to picture clusters of information as they moved through the computer. What did they look like? Ships, motorcycles? Were the circuits like freeways? I kept dreaming of a world I thought I'd never see. And then, one day... ...I got in!

...to the topTop

Blog Entries
    Re: [IC] Narnia: Rise of the Telmarines

Dancing Woods, Southeast of Beruna Town: January 1, 2000: Mid-Morning

A number of Aslan's followers gathered in the Dancing Woods, Southeast of Beruna Town.

Caspian is being crowned king today.

A majestic white unicorn informed the other Narnians.

Proclaiming himself king of Narnia? Where's Aslan? Why hasn't he stopped this?

Cried a fawn nearest the unicorn, putting his head into his hands.

Aslan left Narnia when the Kings and Queens of Old departed centuries ago.

Why have you gathered us, Unicorn? Just to give us more bad news?

Said a deep voiced centaur, moving through the crowds toward the Unicorn.

Yes, Aslan has left. We spent ages fighting the White Witches followers, and two years fighting the Telmarines. Are you trying to dash all hope?

No. I'm trying to give us hope, and a chance to survive. With his coronation, all the Telmarines will be in their town. We can besiege their town, kill their king, and return the lands to the Narnians.

Whoo. Be careful of what you say.

Hooted an owl from the trees above.

Whoo. I flew past their city. Whoo. Their troops are on guard and still strong. Whoo. An attack could easily turn against us.

And you would have us remain in hiding, Owl? This may be our best chance to strike back against our enemy. Our only chance to survive. Aslan has left, so it is up to us.

I agree with the Unicorn. Better to die fighting our enemies, than to live in hiding, in fear of death.

Those who wish to fight follow me. If you wish to remain in hiding, or stay with your families, there will be nothing held against you.

The unicorn began to walk past where the owl was. The owl spoke one last time as many of the Narnians followed the unicorn.

Whoo. Beware of your pride, Unicorn and Centaur. Whoo. It may kill you and many other Narnians.

With that, the owl flew out of the tree, opposite from where Aslan's followers were marching.
    ...to the topTop

Blog Entries

Woods North of Beruna Town: January 1, 2000: Late Morning

In the woods north of Beruna Town, followers of the White Witch have gathered together.

Caspian the Conqueror is being crowned king today. All the Telmarines will be in their city today, ripe for the picking.

Said one of the Black Dwarves. A screech from a raven could be heard on the trees above, before the raven replied.

I have spied the town from above. The Telmarine armies still stand guard. They are mighty.

White Witch smiles. She made snow.

Replied a large cyclops, swinging his club at the tree the raven was sitting in. The raven cawed and flew off the branch he was sitting on. Snow from the tree fell on several of the gathered Narnians, including the cyclops who hit the tree, and the dwarf who first spoke. The raven screeched at the cyclops.

Idiot! Watch where you swing that thing!

A few of the others who were pelted with the snow voiced similar complaints as the raven took his place back on the branch.

I is sorry.

The cyclops said. This was followed by the black dwarf once more.

Regardless, I think our dimwitted friend is correct. The Telmarines are preoccupied, and the White Witch has caused snow to fall. I have consulted with some hags, and they agree. Now is the time to strike. Yes, they have their armies, but this time, the battle is on our side, and those armies will fall before us.

The dwarf raised his battle axe defiantly and shouted a war cry. The war cry was sounded by several others in the woods, along with the howls of wolves, and cries of several birds of prey. Today would be their day, and they will have Narnia once more, like they did when the White Witch ruled from her palace.
    ...to the topTop

Blog Entries

Beruna Town: January 1, 2000: Mid-day

The winter air was cold. Traces of snow could be seen in corners and on rooftops in Beruna Town. Remnants from a light snowfall the night before. It was just moments away from the coronation ceremony, and the entire town was buzzing with activity and excitement. Few people took notice of the large mice scurrying between feet and merchant booths. Those that did notice them, shooed them away or attempted to crush them, with no success. No one realized that the mice were followers of Aslan, scouting the town and looking for ways to aid the other Narnians in battle.

There was one that did notice the mice, though. Circling high above the town was the raven of the White Witch's followers. Likewise, the mice took notice of the raven flying above. Both sides had a common enemy in Caspian and the Telmarines, but the mice wondered if that would be enough for the White Witch's followers. As soon as the coronation ceremony began, the raven flew to the north, while the mice scurried quickly to the southeast.

Telmarines, you have been gathered here to bear witness to the crowing of your new king.

Applause and cheers quickly erupted among the crowds as Caspian walked onto the balcony behind the aide. The aide picked up a crown and turned to face Caspian.

My liege. Here is your crown.

The aide put the crown on Caspian's head. More applause and cheers erupted seeing this. The aide turned and held up his hands to silence the crowd.

Telmarines, I present to you your king. King Caspian the First, King of the Telmarines and King of Narnia.

Louder cheers and applause rang through the town as King Caspian stepped towards the edge of the balcony. He waved his hand as if greeting. As he did, he spoke to his aide. Due to the noise, only the two could hear each other.

No uninvited guests?

None, Your Majesty.

Majesty. I like the sound of that.

Caspian stopped waving and turned to walk off the balcony, beckoning his aide to follow him.

Let's prepare the feasts. I believe our "guests" will be arriving shortly.
    ...to the topTop

Blog Entries

Beruna Region: January 1, 2000: Afternoon into Evening

The raven and the mice returned to their respective camps informing their leaders of what they had spied out. The followers of Aslan saw this as a fortunate circumstance, but wondered if they could trust the followers of the White Witch. That mistrust was well placed, though, as when the followers of the White Witch heard about the followers of Aslan, they saw it as further indication of the White Witch's blessings. They'd be able to destroy the Telmarines and the followers of Aslan in the same glorious battle.

Each side rallied their troops and marched toward Beruna: the followers of the White Witch from the north, and the followers of Aslan from the southeast. As this was happening, there was much reveling in the city of Beruna. At least among the citizens. The armies and leaders were on guard and alert, so when the Narnians arrived from both directions, they were prepared. Word spread from the borders of the town, to Caspian's aide, who rushed nervously to Caspian's place at the table.

Your Majesty. Narnians are approaching from the north and the southeast.

Caspian grinned.

I wondered when they'd arrive.

Your Majesty?

The aide asked confused.

I knew my coronation would smoke them out of their holes. Now it is time to finish the job I started two years ago.

Caspian stood to his feet and shouted for all those to hear.

Today, I have been crowned your king! Now, as your king, I shall destroy the Narnians that dare to rise up against us, and serve up their flesh as part of our feast!

Caspian held up his cup of wine and cheers rang through the town. As the cheers reached the ears of the Telmarine soldiers, the soldiers rushed out to face their enemies. The followers of the White Witch and the followers of Aslan had expected an easy victory. They had hoped for troops drunk with wine, but found seasoned soldiers ready for battle. They had hoped to find a town asleep, but only found a trap laid by a cunning adversary. An adversary who was eating, drinking, and being merry inside the town, while his troops slaughtered the Narnians.

As evening approached, the Narnians that survived scatted in all directions. Many were cut down as they fled, but several, on both sides, managed to make it to safety, to lick their wounds. As Caspian had proclaimed, the bodies of the fallen Narnians were gathered up and taken into the town. They became part of the feast that went well into the night.
    ...to the topTop

The green leaves were budding forth their new life as spring flowers laden with heavenly fragrances reached for the warm sun. Mariah looked out of the hidden entrance to her home and smiled. The waterfall by her doorway was running full, filled with the thawing snows from the higher elevations. The cautious filly emerged into the glorious spring morning, ready to take a brisk run around the forest and visit her friends.

Today she decided she would visit the Owl and see if he had any news of what had gone on this winter. Mariah had been very industrious and harvested enough food through last summer storing it carefully in her cave to last her through the winter. That gave her time to pen new music and stay cozily away from sight through the heavy snows. She only ventured out a few times to enjoy a romp in the snow and to hunt.

Mariah lived where she and her sire had lived after her mother disappeared several years before. Her sire had come down with a lung ailment two winters ago. He died that summer and Mariah had been alone now for a year and a half. She did not like it in the least but she knew no one else around and feared going out to meet others. She had a group of friends that came to visit sometimes in the summer but they lived with a nomadic herd and she usually saw them in the summertime.

The Telmarines were said to kill her kind or worse yet some were made into slaves in the cities... A fate she feared more than death. Also the trees told her that her coloring was rare even for a Centaurian. So she feared the Telmarines and used her stealthy swiftness and intelligence to avoid them. Also the denizens of the White Witch were said to hunt her kind as well. So Mariah lived in fear of those she did not know. Many years ago now she and some of her friends had outrun a Minotaur hunting party. She wanted no repeat of that!

The trees told her she was exceptionally lovely for a Centaur or even for a tree spirit! Mariah laughed and decided they were teasing her but she loved them anyway for saying such kind things. She was very lonely though. She had only seen most other Centaurs from a distance for many years now, only her friends were left and she had not seen them since her father died. Her father had taken them to this hidden glade to await the return of Aslan, he said. ‘Aslan will come again, some day.’ Mariah was longing for companionship but refused to leave her parents. That is until the death of her father; by then she found she was too fearful to try to journey out on her own and her friends had not come to visit since he died. So she stayed in her hidden glade by the waterfall, sang and frolicked among the trees and surrounding forest. She worked on harvesting herbs and food for the winter and it kept her busy.

Her skillfully woven white halter top was light and moved with her as she jumped and ran. When she was running she almost resembled her friends the tree spirits she looked so ephemeral and airy; as if she would disappear any moment. Her long golden hair hung to her equine chest and often she plaited flowers into her hair.

Her staff could grow on both ends to become a formidable weapon but most of the time resembled a mere walking stick. It had been a gift of the trees to her that she treasured. She had been forced to defend herself from a Telmarine once with it. She knocked him off of a cliff into the river. She knew not what happened to him after that, merely that he was gone and she was glad of it! She remained wary and vigilant in her forest and was always alerted by the trees when Telmarines were nearby so most of the time they never even caught a glimpse of Mariah. Like her namesake; the wind, sometimes they would hear her but never be able to pin her down.
    ...to the topTop

Founder Lairston is offline Lairston's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Boris stood there with his arms folded and rolling his eyes as Jenson continued with his speel."We need to do something to stop Caspian once and for all." He's been giving this speech daily and it was growing old. Boris could take it no more.

"Did you not see what happened last winter? They were cut down if they didn't flee. We need to get a plan that works. Not go off like a bull."

It was the first time that Boris rebuffed him in all the weeks of listening to this. There gasps as the strong centaur glared at Jenson.

"Are you a traitor? Do you work for Caspia?"

"Oh please. I don't need this. I'm a realist. We have to plan or we all die."
    ...to the topTop

Mariah moved cautiously through the trees to the Owl's nest.
    "Honorable Owl? What has happened since I saw you last? Have you any news?" Mariah asked respectfully.
    ...to the topTop

Founder Lairston is offline Lairston's Avatar
    Blog Entries

A white lamb appeared from the bushes when she heard the question asked by Mariah. "Yes Wise Owl, what has happened? Is there anything good?"
    ...to the topTop

Count / Countess Tigers is offline Tigers's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Adara had been but a cub when Caspia had attacked Cair Paravel. It was a beautiful place full of memories and stories of the Kings and Queens of Old but especially stories of Aslan. Now she could only wander the ruins with a sad reverence as this once great and majestic place had been turned into a mound of dust and rubble. As a cub, Adara secretly wished that Aslan would suddenly appear and now a few years older the desire had only increased within her.

She had spent the winter up near the ruins. Many of her kind had been dead, or in hiding after the attack from Caspia. Aslan had been gone for so long, along with the Kings and Queens of Cair Paravel that many of her kind had begun to forget how to talk. She herself struggled with speech, drawn toward the more feral tendencies of her species. But Adara held out for hope, hope that Asland would return and restore Narnia to the way it should be. As winter left the land and spring began to replace the old with the hope of something new, Adara journeyed toward the Dancing Woods.
    Peace is a lie
    There is only passion
    Through passion I gain strength
    Through strength I gain power
    Through power I gain victory
    Through victory my chains are broken
    The Force shall set me free
    ...to the topTop

Page 1 of 38 12311 ... LastLast