Quarrels and Quills - The Play by Post Role-Playing Community - Powered by vBulletin
Page 2 of 38 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Re: [IC] Narnia: Rise of the Telmarines

As the Owl told Mariah of the attack and subsequent slaughter of so many Narnians by the Telmarines, the Centaur felt her knees go weak and her stomach lurched uncomfortably. As the Owl described the Telmarines feasting on the flesh of the fallen, Mariah wept openly.
    "Tell me no more friend Owl, my heart can bear no more..." Mariah turned, trotting away to her woods to seek solace among her friends.
    ...to the topTop

Founder Lairston is offline Lairston's Avatar
    Blog Entries

The lamb weeped as the Owl told his story. "Oh its terrible. Positively terrible what has happened." The lamb walked away head slumped and dejected went back into the bushes.

Boris tired of Jenson has walked deeper into the woods to seek solitude. He looked for a nice shady tree and has found one and is leaning against it muttering to himself, "Accuse me of being a traitor. Who does he think he is?" He folded his arms and just grumbled about the destruction of all Narnia if Caspian isn't stopped with a well thought out plan.
    ...to the topTop

The sun was just peeking through the trees, the early morning dew still heavy on the grasses as Mariah arrived in her forest to weep. The wind rose around her as if grieving that her heart was so heavy. She embraced Grandfather Oak and wept sorrowfully.
    ...to the topTop

Founder Jason Sanborn is offline Jason Sanborn's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Elmus

In the cold of winter, at the changing of the year, the young fawn, Elmus, stood among the Narnians speaking of attacking Caspian and his Telmarines during his coronation. The Telmarines had killed his brothers during the summer, and Elmus could feel anger burning inside of him. Elmus had never experienced anger before this morning, and probably never will again, because what he saw that day would never leave his mind.

Elmus followed the Narnians into battle, but wasn't a warrior himself. He was a singer and a dancer. As such, he stayed in the back, playing his lute, and giving strength to the Narnians to fight the Telmarines. His anger came through the lute and spread among the Narnians. His determination gave additional determination to those who were to battle the Telmarines. Unfortunately, it would not be enough to save them.

As the battle turned against them, Elmus fled from the massacre, escaping back into the Dancing Woods. Fear and humiliation accompanied him as he fled. Owl was right, and the attack was a mistake. Elmus ran through the woods in tears. He ran towards a familiar cypress tree, and grabbed hold of its trunk weeping. It was the cypress tree of his love, the nymph, Sylvie.

Since that time, Elmus has scarcely left the cypress tree, waiting for the spring when Sylvie would emerge once more. He sat beneath her branches playing his lute. Those who heard would feel the sadness that Elmus was feeling, as he expressed it through the music.

As winter turned into spring, Elmus began to gather berries to eat, but still remained by Sylvie's cypress tree. He wondered why she hadn't come out from her tree yet. Spring was here, and she wasn't. He waited by the tree, playing his song, waiting for his love to emerge from her tree.
    QC1: From this day forth you shall be called "Sprinkle Berryweather".

Kevin Flynn: The Grid. A digital frontier. I tried to picture clusters of information as they moved through the computer. What did they look like? Ships, motorcycles? Were the circuits like freeways? I kept dreaming of a world I thought I'd never see. And then, one day... ...I got in!

...to the topTop

Mariah raised her tear-stained face from the oak bark. Her hearts sorrow was poured into a soft song and she began to warily move back toward her home. She was looking for the enemy and every movement frightened her. Her soft song was more to give herself the strength to move, she was almost rigid with fear. So many of her kind had died...were there any left?
    ...to the topTop

Count / Countess Tigers is offline Tigers's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Adara had crept quietly through the woods away from Cair Paravel on her journey toward the Dancing Woods. Her keen ears picked up the weeping of a female voice. Curiosity moved her toward the sorrowful sound. She moved stealthily through the woods toward the source, always cautious of her surroundings. Through a break in the trees a ray of sunlight shone through and down upon a Centaur woman, weeping against an ancient oak. The centaur began to move, and her voice gave way to a sad song. Adara was overcome by curiosity.

"Why do you cry so, what makes your heart sing so sadly?" Adara asked from a safe distance away. Her voice was sweet and mixed with a gently purring.
    Peace is a lie
    There is only passion
    Through passion I gain strength
    Through strength I gain power
    Through power I gain victory
    Through victory my chains are broken
    The Force shall set me free
    ...to the topTop

Blog Entries

Boris sighed and started walking toward Cair Paravel. He was tired of listening to the nonsense spieled by those that were clueless and were just going to repeat the dumb move of last winter. Maybe those at Cair Paravel will be more sane then these fools at the Table.

As he walked he heard a song being sung. He stopped and listened. "Elmus?" He mumbled.

He kept going and then saw Elmus. "Elmus! I'm on my way to Cair Paravel. Do you want to come with me? I could use a sane traveling partner after today."
    ...to the topTop

Blog Entries

Elmus

Elmus pulled the lute away from his lips and looked up at Boris.

Boris? I thought you died in battle.

Elmus looked back at the cypress tree he was sitting against.

I dunno. Sylvie hasn't come out of her cypress.
    ...to the topTop

Blog Entries

"No I didn't die in the foolish battle. They never had a chance. They should have listened to owl." Boris snorted at the foolish expedition and shook his head.

"Maybe she has already come and left the tree."

He was unaware that he had not left the tree for a long time.
    ...to the topTop

Blog Entries

Elmus

Elmus looked down, fiddling with the lute that he held in his hands.

I've been waiting here since that evil day. She went to sleep when winter began, but didn't awaken when spring returned.

Elmus looked up at Boris once more.

What do you hope to find at Cair Paravel?
    ...to the topTop

Page 2 of 38 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast