Quarrels and Quills - The Play by Post Role-Playing Community - Powered by vBulletin
Page 3 of 38 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Founder Lairston is offline Lairston's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Re: [IC] Narnia: Rise of the Telmarines

"Oh I didn't know how long you waited. I am hoping to find some that are actually putting thought into planning the the battle against Caspian instead of wrecklessness."
    ...to the topTop

Mariah tensed and startled forward, her song stopped. "W...who are you? What do you want?" she whispered fearfully. She looked nervously from right to left then all around herself, her eyes hastily scanning for the enemy. She had her staff... her bow was left behind. Mariah's heart pounded wildly.
    ...to the topTop

Count / Countess Tigers is offline Tigers's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Adara stood perfectly still. Her eyes dilated by Mariah's movements. There were parts of her that were becoming too feral and she had to snap herself from its pull into darkness. She had to remember Aslan, that was her purpose for everything.

Slowly as not to frighten the Centaur any more, Adara came into view. She lay down and her voice was soft and sometimes hard to understand.

"I am Adara." "I heard your weeping and then the sad song of your heart." "I was curious, so I followed the sounds."

She paused and then spoke again.

"Do you weep because Aslan has not returned?"
    Peace is a lie
    There is only passion
    Through passion I gain strength
    Through strength I gain power
    Through power I gain victory
    Through victory my chains are broken
    The Force shall set me free
    ...to the topTop

"Yes... partly because I miss Aslan so much. I want to know him as my sire did. He fought along side Aslan and King Peter. But mostly I weep for the hideous news of these invaders and the terrible evil they have wrought upon us. Did you hear of the battle fought this winter at Beruna. Many of my kind perished..." Mariah answered. "Your speech is strained... have you lost hope of Aslan returning too?"
    ...to the topTop

Blog Entries

Adara sighed, and she lay lower to the ground.

"No, I had not. I spend most of my time up at the ruins of Cair Paravel. I was but a cub when they attacked. It was were I was born, and I have found it difficult to leave."

Adara's eyes fell to the floor. She was ashamed that her speech had become so garbled lately.

"Hope is all I have." "My family is gone and each day that passes I loose another of my kind to the wild."
    ...to the topTop

Mariah nodded. "Yes, I had heard many of the noble cats had become feral. Some are even said to hunt my kind for food. It is hard without Aslan. I never knew him personally but I believe in him. I believe he will return. I believe in the prophecies that the Kings and Queens of Old will return. Maybe its silly but I do believe it."

"What is Cair Paravel like? I should love to see it someday... but I fear to leave the safety of my home." Mariah whispered.
    ...to the topTop

Founder Lairston is offline Lairston's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Palsen and Hendri had their bows ready. Jade and Gramm were also scowering the woods but they were not with them at the moment. They knew there was a female Centaur in these Owl Woods and they were trying to find signs of her. The news had spread far and wide about her. She was always in this area and they knew King Caspian would pay a hefty bounty for her dead. And they might even get to keep her as a trophy.

"Hendri, here be her footy prints."

"I see that dumbell. Now be quiet."

"Why do we be needeing to be quiet Hendri?

"Because she'll hear us you idiot. Now shut up."

"Well ye should be quiet yerself."

Hendri just groaned. And followed the prints.

"A feline too. Oh this is going to be a good bounty Palsen"
    ...to the topTop

Blog Entries

Adara's tail curled up along side her body. She had no intentions of moving from her spot, she was perfectly comfortable and she did not want to frighten Mariah.

"I am sorry that my kind has taken to hunting yours." "It was not like this long ago." "So much has changed since Aslan left."

"Did you know that my mother was a white tiger?" "It was her kind that fought along side the white witch." "That's how much change Aslan had brought to Narnia."

Adara's took on a dream like quality as she thought about Cair Paravel.

"Cair Paravel was a beautiful place." "The castle sat on the edge of a cliff face over looking the sea." "Words can not do it justice I'm afraid, and now because of our new enemy it lies in ruins."
    ...to the topTop

Mariah's head turned quickly as she heard the Telmarine voices. She held her finger up to her lips to Adara and began to stealthily move back toward her home. She and Adara could hide there. The hidden entrance had fooled more than one set of hunters.
    ...to the topTop

Blog Entries

The hunters were down wind of Adara's ability to smell them, but she had heard them about the same time that Mariah had signaled for her to be quiet. She moved with the quiet grace of her species and followed Mariah.
    ...to the topTop

Page 3 of 38 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast