Quarrels and Quills - The Play by Post Role-Playing Community - Powered by vBulletin
Page 3 of 158 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast
    Re: Seeking writers for: Neshephton

Oh good, what we sent you was just the basic plot idea and we can adjust stuff to make it work for this story.
    ...to the topTop

I'm considering one of the members of the Lucianos. Will probably not solidify anything until I have a night off or so to ponder and plot.
    John

Lord Mattson, LM, Matts, its all the same.
    ...to the topTop

Hmm. Having trouble coming up with any sort of character, really. My creation process usually involves snapping up a seed of detail from the fluff of a setting or one of its close inspirations and then pouring a lot of crazy extrapolative Miracle-Gro on it.

Any help there? I kinda feel a similar vibe to the vampire anime series Trinity Blood, if you've seen that (it had a couple runs on Adult Swim), though on a city instead of world scale.

It'd also help knowing where the setting falls in "Our Vampires are Different" (TV tropes not linked to avoid stealing everyone's free time). Can vampires reproduce through birth, through bites, or both? If both, are born vampires held above converted ones? Is the sun crisping or just annoying? Can a vampire feed without killing or changing the person fed upon? Is it pleasurable or painful? Do the vampires have any of the various traditional means of controlling mortal minds? Where do they usually get their blood (willing mortals, slaves, condemned criminals, blood bank, etc.)?

Obviously, I'm leaning towards playing a vampire.
    ...to the topTop

Yes, thinking along the lines of 'Trinity Blood'! It would give you a good grasp of what this world is like with some differences. There is a third faction of characters that Corey and Jenny suggested. They will be another faction fighting for recognition but not doing so well, if you will excuse the pun, the underdogs.... LOL The werewolves find themselves at odds with both the Radiant Order AND the Old Blood-line Vampires.

I'll try to get some more framework put up on the plot tomorrow afternoon to give you a little more to go on if I can. Feel free to throw ideas out there in the meantime though, that's what writers DO!

Great thoughts actually! They help me flesh some of this out more. Keep those ideas flowing!
    ...to the topTop

Founder Jason Sanborn is offline Jason Sanborn's Avatar
    Blog Entries

After a couple PM's with Lairston, I'm thinking of putting Kenos on hold (as if it wasn't slow enough as it was ) and contributing a character here. I'm considering a Radiant Knight with a twist. Just wondering about the level of tech vs. mysticism in this world.
    QC1: From this day forth you shall be called "Sprinkle Berryweather".

Kevin Flynn: The Grid. A digital frontier. I tried to picture clusters of information as they moved through the computer. What did they look like? Ships, motorcycles? Were the circuits like freeways? I kept dreaming of a world I thought I'd never see. And then, one day... ...I got in!

...to the topTop

Think sci-fi meets medieval.... After the Great War, there are a few great air cruisers and planes left, much of the weapons technology has been lost. Advanced medicine still exists... the need having never diminished.

I'll try to work some more on it... Time allowing.
    ...to the topTop

Blog Entries

Don't know why, but that's kinda what I was thinking it was.
    ...to the topTop

Blog Entries

Here's a basic idea for my character. More to be posted later, as time permits.

My character would be an excommunicated Radiant Knight. He is a noble and upstanding person who sees the corruption of the order all too clearly, and can't stand by while it happens. He has been vocal about the departure from the ways, and that is what led him to be excommunicated. Despite his excommunication, he has still been active in speaking out, and when necessary, fighting, for what he believes in. As a result, he is a wanted man, most of which are trumped up charges. He lives in hiding, working as a mercenary for the cause of justice.
    ...to the topTop

Vampire Information

Vampire Information

Vampire Information

*OLD BLOOD-LINE VAMPIRES are the ruling class and are more powerful than ordinary vampires.

*Reproduction: Only the male Old Blood-Line Vampires can reproduce by birth and that requires an unturned human female. This union will produce OLD BLOOD-LINE Vampire children. These children are wise beyond their years and grow to adulthood at an accelerated pace.

**Pure Vampire females are sterile.

***Age and experience makes a vampire stronger.
    The Lucianos are the oldest bloodline and the strongest.

*Humans can be either killed or turned by a vampire. Turning is HIGHLY discouraged by the Lucianos since they must try to maintain the human population for the survival of the vampires. Neshephton vampires are very careful to protect the humans of their town, a fact both unknown and/or misunderstood by outsiders of Neshephton.

*Turning or killing a human without permission can get a vampire marked for the vampire hunters and they are usually executed for such behavior after a trial by their peers.

*If a human is turned (and it’s approved). That human is a slave of the vampire that turned them until they consume some of the blood of their vampire master. The vampire master is held accountable for teaching their slave the rules of Neshephton and all vampires.

*The Old Blood-Line Vampires have learned they can feed on humans without killing them. It requires a great deal of self-discipline which most vampires find difficult but it can be done and it is demanded by the Lucianos Family for any vampire wishing to remain in Neshephton.

*Criminals are ‘free sport’ for the vampires in Neshephton. Thus why they have little to no crime, usually a crime wave comes when new people make their way into the city of rejection. However, this allows many of the weaker vampires to feed freely so… everyone wins… except the criminal. In Neshephton; CRIME DOESN’T PAY!!!

*All vampires have the ‘Command Voice’. A type of hypnosis, with it they can control humans within close proximity. The stronger the vampire the more people he can control at once.

*Most vampires are taught to prepare the victim properly and the moment they are bit will be under deep hypnosis and find the experience highly erotic. If the victim is not prepared they will experience a great deal of pain and unbelievable terror, causing them to fight the vampire and struggle.

*The vampires fangs grow out when aroused or hungry. This makes them impossible to distinguish from any other human most of the time.

*The Lucianos family vampires saliva contains a morphine-like substance that kills pain. This is why their bite is rarely painful unless they choose it to be so.

*The Older Vampires have developed the ability to tolerate some sunlight but it will cause them intense pain and agony after a short time of exposure. Extended exposure will cause them to weaken and die. Younger vampires will begin to suffer immediately.

*The sound of a vampires voice can set up a resonance within the brain’s pleasure centers so as they learn the proper use of the Command Voice they become more and more difficult for humans to fight.
    **The deaf are able to withstand the Command Voice!
    ...to the topTop

I may be interested, if you will have me. But I would like some more answers.

Um... First, who are the protagonists?

Second, I get the Cardinals, I get the Knights, but the Monks/Nuns. What part do they play? Do they have some manner of resistance to the Vampires Hypnosis? Do they have any manner of combat training, or are they more pacifist style?

What part exactly do the werewolves play? Are they slaves, or outcastes or just disgruntled citizens? Is it only werewolves, or are there other polyweres?

And lastly, I think, for now anyway, can any of the character types overlap? For example, could there be a... penitent vampire radiant knight, for example?
    ...to the topTop

Page 3 of 158 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast