Quarrels and Quills - The Play by Post Role-Playing Community - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 716 1231151101501 ... LastLast

Thread: Neshephton

Neshephton

Neshephton

The sun was painting the rooftops with gold, oranges and red flickers of color. The sunset was particularly breathtaking this evening. A lone figure strode across the bridge toward Neshephton.

Tatianna had been chased off by the mocking, indolent soldiers, seeking to take her parents home over and get it ready to sell. The Captain had enough compassion to let the girl pack two bags but then he had the soldiers evict her.

The young woman stumbled away from her neighborhood, deeply in shock. They had told her of her mothers death inside the Convent but never let her see her. People she had known for all of her life turned away and refused to even look at her as she walked through the neighborhood, one even called out ‘traitor’ as she walked by. Tatianna did not understand but she finally met the injustice with her own anger and lifted her chin defiantly, to walk with purpose.

She made a small figure striding across the bridge carrying her two bags which now felt like they held lead. Her arms, back and neck ached she kept walking, convincing herself to go one more step… a few more steps… just a short way longer. Her fingers were going numb from holding the handles of the bags. She finally had to give in and set the bags down for just a short rest.

“Well? Where is my little prize?” The Cardinal Havaran demanded. The Captain of the dispatch unit blanched.

“You… you wanted her brought here?” he stammered. The Cardinal turned his hawkish features to glare at the soldier.

“I told you I wanted the house claimed and Tatianna taken care of…”

“I thought you meant getting her out of the way! I had her evicted and sent away!”

“YOU FOOL! I wanted her brought HERE! I had plans for her…” The Cardinal snarled. He thought a moment as he stared out the window. “Take some men and find her. She is MY property now. I figure Alling owes me…” the evil chuckle that escaped his lips was completely incongruent with the robes of office he wore.

Neshephton loomed ahead and Tatianna was surprised by how clean and tidy the entire city appeared. It was supposed to be the city of the rejected and none could get more rejected than she was… “Watch over me Yhwy…” she whispered nervously as she approached the end of the bridge.

...to the topTop

Founder Lairston is offline Lairston's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Re: IC Neshephton

Matheus Milford Icarus sat at his desk when Tavaris walked into the room and stood by the desk. Icarus continued to work on the letter he was writing and when he reached the end of a paragraph he put it aside and looked up.

"Yes Tavaris? What can I do for you this time?"

Tavaris shifted in his stance and then said, "I feel incredibly guilty father."

"And why is that?"

"My company was ordered to remove a young woman from her home and prepare it to be sold."

"If you were following orders..." He sighed in impatience. He had things he needed to do

"We mocked her as she fled." Tavaris looked down ashamed of his actions.

Icarus frowned. He was never a fan of those that mocked others. If there was anything that was consistent with his early life it was this rule. "Was it not enough that you were taking away the one place she had? That you had to mock her?"

"I know father. But I just joined in. It was not my intention to do it but it just happened.

"Yet it did."

"What can I do to seek forgiveness?"

"I don't know Tavaris. This is very grave what you have done." He shook his head. He was not going to be easy on this soldier. Not yet anyway. Sometimes you have to teach them a lesson.

"There must be something..." He was desperate and it was clear in his voice. He needed something to feel better for what he had done."

Icarus sat there and looked at the soldier as if there was nothing he could do. Suddenly Tavaris pulled a bag from his pocket and dropped it on Icarus' desk, "Surely this will help."

Icarus reached over and picked up the bag of gold and it found its way into his pocket.

"You should go in search of this woman and apologize for your heinous actions. And you must pray to our Lord that he forgive you. In addition, I expect to see you in the courtyard for penance the entire week."

"Father, surely..."

"Did you not seek forgiveness? You will do penance service for the week."

Penance service involved pretty much slavery for the religious order. You did whatever was needed and many times what was unneeded and did because the certain members of the order found it amusing.

"Now you will seek out the woman and apologize to her."

When Tavaris left, Icarus pulled out the bag of money and counted his gains. He smirked. "Yep this is the life." He returned to his letter.

After finishing his letter, he decided to go out for a walk before night took over. He locked up his office and started to take a stroll.

Tavarius left Icarus' office and started searching for the woman. He was mumbling to himself about a whole week of penance. And he had to find the woman tonight if he had to start penance tomorrow. Where could she be. He was quite unhappy with what happened. He thought surely he had offered enough to Icarus. "That *(%*%*("

He started for the bridge. He was in shock when he thought he saw her. Now how to approach her.
    ...to the topTop

Chase Bardou

Chase and his cousin Jackson were standing near the main doorway of the Bardou Family mansion ready to leave for Radiance City. Chase was going to study medicine at the university and Jackson was going to make sure nothing happened to him. Charles, Chase's father, was seeing them out. Chase looked a lot like his father but had the blond hair of his mother. Jackson though had brown hair like his father Harold and his uncle Charles.

I expect you two back at this mansion every night.

We know Dad.

I mean it. Do not draw attention to yourselves. Do not associate with humans more than you have to. Do not any under circumstances-

Jackson rolled his eyes as his uncle proceeded to talk to them like they were little boys. He was 26 and Chase was 22 but they might as well still be children.

Don't worry Uncle Charles we won't go around Radiance City wagging our tails.

I would hope not!

Dad I'm going to be late for my first day of classes if you keep this up.

Let them go Charles, they'll be fine.

The men turned their heads and saw Serena, Chase's mother, walking towards them. She gave her son and nephew hugs.

Be careful dears.

Chase and Jackson said goodbye and headed out the door. Charles sighed as he looked at his wife.

I'm still not sure about this.

I know but Chase wants to do this more than anything. We can't hide him here forever.

At least he'd be safe here.

Jackson will be with him.

I know it's just...If anyone ever finds out there are two werewolves in the city they'll-

Worried filled Charles' eyes, even if his own family didn't hunt humans and tried to leave the rest of the world alone, they still lived with the stigma of being werewolves.

Don't think like that. The boys are smart, they'll take care of themselves.

I know.

Charles told Serena but he couldn't but worry about the two of them being on their own in Radiance City even if it was only a few hours a day so Chase could attend classes.

...to the topTop

Rachel Connor

In Radiance City there is a tavern run by Emma Larkson with the help of her niece Rachel Connor. It's a popular place with the students because it's only a short walking distance from the university. Rachel and Emma lived in an apartment above the tavern. Rachel was coming out of the kitchen area and looked at her aunt, who was wiping down the bar with a rag.

Okay Aunt Emma I got every thing set for the lunch rush.

Thanks dear. You better hurry along or you'll be late for your first day of classes.

Oh right!

Rachel hadn't even realized what time it was.

I see you in a few hours.

Rachel said grabbing her stuff of one of the bar stools and rushed out the door.
    ...to the topTop

Gerret Luciano shook his head exasperated. This was the third time this month. The other vampire before him looked annoyed. Gerret explained and tried to keep it simple enough to be understood. "As I said, if I were one of Heart's men, I couldn't help you. They cater to very specific requests and drugs are not on that menu. You need to go to something lower class. I hear there is a great little building a few blocks from here. Have fun and quit poking around before you annoy the wrong people."

He clapped the other vampire on the shoulder and walked off. About a block away, he drew out a cigerette and light it up. It was growing more frustrating. Too many young things looking for a quick trip. It might be time to cash in a few favors and let some aspiring relative have a crusade against these dregs. There is a different in providing a service that reminds vampires that they are predators and not bloated ticks and providing cheap thrills.

He wandered the street and looked at the chasm and the bridge. A lone girl in the night. Human and distraught. A week tops before some sort of predator here turns her into a meal and breaks her forever. And whats this? A knight watching? Well, this could prove interesting. And potentially useful. The family was too busy looking inside for who caused the disappearance but outside seemed a far more likely culprit. Especially since fact suggested that the church was more inhuman then the vampires.

Gerret wandered closer while sticking to the shadows. He may have to offer this girl a place of refuge if only to see what sorts of new games the mortals play at. Yes. This night was looking up.
    John

Lord Mattson, LM, Matts, its all the same.
    ...to the topTop

Tatianna looked at the guard and waited as he read down a list. The older man smiled at her finally. "Okay there is a boarding house with openings two blocks down this main street on your left. The Taversham House. Tomorrow you can go to the Placement Office and look for suitable work."

"Oh thank you Sir!" Tatianna replied gratefully and dipped her head politely. She gathered up her two bags. She felt her shoulders send waves of agony in their indignation at being forced to carry them again.

Ignoring the discomfort, she walked into the twilight lit streets, feeling many eyes on her. Tatianna raised her chin and walked on, refusing to give in to the rising terror. Maybe she was nuts to come here but she had no choice. Neshephton was her place now. This had to be where she was destined. She was the rejected, Neshephton could not turn her away, because she belonged here if all accounts were true. She sighed. She wondered about the vampires and just how prevalent they were. In all the stories she had heard, she should never have made it past the guard but here she was walking toward a Boarding House with a promise of a job if she were willing to work.

Her bags were beginning to make her hands numb. Tatianna paused and set them down to rest her exhausted muscles and rub at them hoping to coax just a few more blocks from the stressed nerves. Her ears picked up someone walking behind her. Biting her lip nervously she seized the bags up and began to walk at a quicker pace. Her hips rolled in a smooth gait, her blond hair moved sensuously in rhythm. The thin, damaged material of her once elegant gown revealed long shapely legs and a dangerously feminine outline when back lit by the newly lit streetlights.

She had just passed the first block when a man stepped out in front of her to stop her progress. She groaned with exasperation, she really did not want any trouble.

"Newly arrived?"

"On my way to the Taversham House. I bid you good evening." Tatianna started around the man but he grabbed her aching arm and her overtaxed muscles could no longer maintain their hold, dropping the bag on his foot. The man howled angrily and sputtered curses at her.

"Oh, I'm so sorry! I am in a terrible hurry..." She muttered and then grabbed her bag, beginning to walk quickly away.

Rex Lucianos glared at the wooden goblet filled with just enough blood to sustain him but not enough to satisfy. The chains were unbreakable even for him because they had been carefully created with holy water. The apartment was windowless but furnished with exquisite taste, rich carpets and tapestries the likes of which he was used to. An amazing library covered one wall, a large comfortable bed, lavish furnishings suitable for one of his station, but still he wore manacles. The large room even had a division for his office with a desk, comfortable couch, table and chairs. From his gilded prison he was not able to do much at the moment but wait, biding his time until they would finally reveal to him the real reasons for this outrage.

The Revered Mother sat in the counsel room looking at her Cardinals over templed fingers.

“So you are saying he really knows nothing about this infiltration of our Order?” she asked pointedly, attempting to keep down her ire. Some of her Cardinals were acting very strangely and she was beginning to suspect some of them as well.
    ...to the topTop

Blog Entries

Tavaris walked quickly toward the bridge When he got on it a guard stopped him.

"Where do you think you are going?"

"I need to talk to the woman that just crossed."

The guard stared at him for a moment. "If you don't come back across..." Then stepped aside. Tavaris hurried after her. She seemed to hear him and moved faster. He sighed. Why me he thought to himself.

He saw the man harass her and he tried to reach them but she got away from him and he started cursing. Tavaris came up to him and pushed him against the wall. "You should treat people with more respect and watch your mouth. Not everyone lives in a sewer."

Before the man could respond, he hurried on trying to catch up to Tatianna

He was now getting concerned the further into the city he went. However at the same time, it was nothing like he heard it would be. Except for the man that he first met. Otherwise it seemed more laid back then he was used to. He saw her moving up the street. "Miss, I wish to apologize to you." He called after her.
    ...to the topTop

Tatianna turned to look back at the man and was shocked to realize he was not the one that accosted her but he was from the Radiant soldiers. She squinted to see him better.
    "What are you doing here? You don't belong here!" She accused him once she placed who he was.
    ...to the topTop

Blog Entries

Tavaris felt like he was being watched by someone behind him. He turned and looked but saw no one taking much notice of him and missed Gerret wherever he was. Then he turned back and looked away from her angry gaze, "No I don't." He sighed and shifted his feet. He was completely uncomfortable and was angry with Icarus for making him do this. "I saw you on the bridge and I followed."

He looked around the place and realized that it truly was not at all like he had heard and wondered how this was possible. He sighed and got his thoughts in order. "I felt what has happened to you to be horrible and I am embarrassed by my part in it. I said some nasty things and I... I was completely in the wrong. We all were. I followed the others actions even when I knew that. So I am very sorry."

He was now looking at the ground again, "I know that my apology is probably meaningless to one that has lost everything. But I felt I had to do it after my actions."

Icarus walked into Emma's tavern and looked around. He saw a empty table and made his way for it. It was back in the shadows where he hoped he would be able to eat in peace without hearing more confessions. Although he could use some more penance candidates for the coming weak. It was time to wash the floors and walls of the chapel. They needed more but he really wanted to eat in peace.

He sat down and waited.
    ...to the topTop

"Oh no, you were right! Without my father around I guess the Knights owed me nothing; so now I have to find a life on my own. So please take your message back to the entire Radiant Order and all of the hypocrites. Tell them I am my father's daughter and I WILL manage in spite of being cheated and stolen from. I forgive you sir but please go now and let me start my new life in peace." Tatianna turned wounded but proud eyes to Tavarius for a brief moment then picked up the bags yet again. She started resolutely for the Taversham House which she now could see ahead.
    ...to the topTop

Page 1 of 716 1231151101501 ... LastLast